New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    you probably don't care that much bleh I need ponyhugs
    Gotcha covered.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by erikun; 2013-12-04 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

...that's wrong on several levels. I mean, he /never/ leaves character to the point that I've met him in the flesh/bone and still aren't sure it's a character. What's more, if his character isn't valid, then neither are any of the powers being used against him.

Basically my point is, if you /drag someone in/ to an RP by calling them out, then it's not their fault if they're not the same scale as the rest of the RP.

And it is because of this dedication to staying in character that I was so disappointed by his (in my opinion) rather lame comeback. Usually, he's better about this sort of thing.

Though I agree that I don't want to drag him into something he doesn't like. If he simply says no to any alignment-reversing shenanigens (I assume I spelled that wrong), that is absolutely fine.

Sadly, I have no ponyhugs to show you for this. I'll go look for some, and come back when I found them.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Dan Castellaneta is awesome. One of my favorite voices he's done was of Megavolt for Darkwing Duck. Can you imagine if he got a part in MLP? I'd love to see him do some insane minor villain or something on that kind of level we're talking about.

"Imagine Pinkie Pie but evil."
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon
    I've never had another player who was skilled in several accents like that.
    I can about manage a poor Russian accent after a great deal of practise. My sisters (one of which still plays, though sadly she's missed all our day game this year despite our very best efforts because of her lack of ability to get her hospital shifts more than a couple of weeks in advance) are vastly better at it.

If I may be uncharacteristically serious for a moment? I was simply going to let my comments stand without further ado, but if you insist...

I made one entirely metaphorical tongue-in-metaphorical cheek comment about a character I find especially amusing. Do not read anything more into it than there was.

Spoiler
    Show
    I will just point out to ponythread that I have been around a great deal longer than ponythread - as Thanqol will attest. Nor am I confined to the playground. I have been who and what I am since before I had access to the internet, before 3.0, before I posted even at WotC, where I was first a regular poster of anything. I will be around long after ponythread has sadly faded away in the distant future, long after the GitP boards themselves have faded. In the last, what, fifteen to seventeen years, there has been precisely one, entirely self-inflicted incident that temporarily altered only my corporeal form. There is not going to be another one.

Ponythread has on more than one occasion tried various methods of trying to alter my physical form or my mental state1 and they have failed every time. Perhaps there is a hint of some sort here...? Should I point out the definition of insanity is trying the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result? Am I being too subtle?

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    And I pointed out that his powers don't apply in this case. To which his answer was essentially 'nuh-uh, they totally do'. I expected better from him, of all people.
    Perhaps that aforementioned statement was a little hyperbolic - though if you go and check back the multiple occasions I have laid it all out for ponythread, you will find it largely correct nontheless - and defensive, but as I believe I have just intimated, I do not respond well to threats to my most fundemental essence of being. And Forum Explorer is correct: mind-rape - which is basically what that... device does - is the absolute worst and most vile action that can be undertaken by anything, literally the highest of all crimes. NEVER, not even in my darkest and most foul moment, have I ever considered such an action - not even on the things I loathe above all others. Let me put it to you this way - I consider that a locking a soul into an eternity of infinite agony is a lesser evil than forcibly altering something's soul and sense of self.

1And I'll just point out that, given that I am who and what I am because I choose to be, I would without the slightest hesitation, cheerfully destroy each and every thing that has ever existed in every multiverse anywhere before I will allow anything to forcible alter who I am. So I will respond... very poorly... to any attempts that might have even a slim chance of actually working.

So yes, if the above is sounding terse and somewhat annoyed, it is because I actually AM genuinely offended.

Lix, Forum Explorer, thank you, your defense is appreciated.

Now, I've said my piece, which as usual has relieved most of my ire, so let's just forget it and move on to discuss ponies like we should be, shall we?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-12-04 at 06:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Colossus in the Playground

And it is because of this dedication to staying in character that I was so disappointed by his (in my opinion) rather lame comeback. Usually, he's better about this sort of thing.

Though I agree that I don't want to drag him into something he doesn't like. If he simply says no to any alignment-reversing shenanigens (I assume I spelled that wrong), that is absolutely fine.

Sadly, I have no ponyhugs to show you for this. I'll go look for some, and come back when I found them.
    well, if it's a transmogrification effect, it would probably work by shapeshifting the brain, which he doesn't have.

And he's immune to shaping effects period, unless he's the caster.

which meens If I were serious about that "making my own" thing(I'm not), I'd need to more or less rework the spell matrix from scratch, and I'm not good enough at necromancy for that.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

Preview for the Luna comic.
    Spoiler: Luna Micro
    Show
    Luna's gonna be as hyperactive as Pinkie if she's not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Doom View Post
    Then again, my birthday is today, so it's not really that close...
    ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!~

What's your present? It's pony and cake! Surprise!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

6. - Top - End - #1356

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Indeed.

I can about manage a poor Russian accent after a great deal of practise. My sisters (one of which still plays, though sadly she's missed all our day game this year despite our very best efforts because of her lack of ability to get her hospital shifts more than a couple of weeks in advance) are vastly better at it.

If I may be uncharacteristically serious for a moment? I was simply going to let my comments stand without further ado, but if you insist...

I made one entirely metaphorical tongue-in-metaphorical cheek comment about a character I find especially amusing. Do not read anything more into it than there was.

Spoiler
    Show
    I will just point out to ponythread that I have been around a great deal longer than ponythread - as Thanqol will attest. Nor am I confined to the playground. I have been who and what I am since before I had access to the internet, before 3.0, before I posted even at WotC, where I was first a regular poster of anything. I will be around long after ponythread has sadly faded away in the distant future, long after the GitP boards themselves have faded. In the last, what, fifteen to seventeen years, there has been precisely one, entirely self-inflicted incident that temporarily altered only my corporeal form. There is not going to be another one.

Ponythread has on more than one occasion tried various methods of trying to alter my physical form or my mental state1 and they have failed every time. Perhaps there is a hint of some sort here...? Should I point out the definition of insanity is trying the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result? Am I being too subtle?

Perhaps that aforementioned statement was a little hyperbolic - though if you go and check back the multiple occasions I have laid it all out for ponythread, you will find it largely correct nontheless - and defensive, but as I believe I have just intimated, I do not respond well to threats to my most fundemental essence of being. And Forum Explorer is correct: mind-rape - which is basically what that... device does - is the absolute worst and most vile action that can be undertaken by anything, literally the highest of all crimes. NEVER, not even in my darkest and most foul moment, have I ever considered such an action - not even on the things I loathe above all others. Let me put it to you this way - I consider that a locking a soul into an eternity of infinite agony is a lesser evil than forcibly altering something's soul and sense of self.

1And I'll just point out that, given that I am who and what I am because I choose to be, I would without the slightest hesitation, cheerfully destroy each and every thing that has ever existed in every multiverse anywhere before I will allow anything to forcible alter who I am. So I will respond... very poorly... to any attempts that might have even a slim chance of actually working.

So yes, if the above is sounding terse and somewhat annoyed, it is because I actually AM genuinely offended.

Lix, Forum Explorer, thank you, your defense is appreciated.

Now, I've said my piece, which as usual has relieved most of my ire, so let's just forget it and move on to discuss ponies like we should be, shall we?
    I'm just going to point out that my original comment, and responses to responses to said comment, were jokes, and that I did not intend to spark such a discussion.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: comics Luna
    Show
    I like that it now appears that the "Sword of Equestria," fanon in which Luna protects the night from monsters and villains is now canon. At least in the comics.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I'm just going to point out that my original comment, and responses to responses to said comment, were jokes, and that I did not intend to spark such a discussion.
    And I will point out that my comments were entirely concerned with ridiculing Aotrs attempts to stay in character whilst giving definite refusals for any such changes of character. Yes, I am a cruel and mocking person.

Though I did defend him against Soras accusations, and did say repeatably that it's his decision to make whether or not he is comfortable with this sort of stuff, and quite frankly I deserve a medal for my good behaviour.

Anyway, I found some ponyhugs to make up for the things I've done.

Spoiler
    Show

Well, pony-dragon-seaponyhugs, but it's close enough.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-12-04 at 06:56 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Show
    Spoiler: Luna Microcomic
    Show
    Owlbears! She mentions Owlbears! Ok, yah they are not the best monster but at least it's one more I can use. Just need to slap a few templates on em'

I love Luna being a protector of the night as well. All in all, looks like it will be a good comic.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2013-12-04 at 06:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you for the hugs.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Happy Birthday!*Birth Day Hugs*

...you're in your clone bod, right?

oops. Sorry for the gross Zombie Hug.
    Thanks! /discreetly wipes off zombie slime

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Happy birthday! Have some cake.
    Spoiler
    Show

Oooh, I like that first one! Though, admittedly, I've never heard of a pumpkin fritter. Even so, great birthday present.

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!~

What's your present? It's pony and cake! Surprise!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it's not exactly a surprise that my present was pony and cake, but ponies and cake are still ponies and cake, and that's a cute Sweetie Belle, so I'll give it a pass this time.

Happy Birthday!!
    Happy Birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Happy Birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Happy birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Happy Birthday!

That is all for now.
    Thanks, all!
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.
    If you enjoy Self-Inserts, Worm, and/or Mistborn, check out Preservation.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Spamalot in the Playground

Some Day...
    Spoiler
    Show

*Throws a pillow to the ground*
    Oh my gosh, doesn't that mean Luna is going to overthrow her sister?!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Soooo ... huh, we're going into oddball antagonise the commodore mode again?
    He has exquisite taste in animated programming though.
    I can't antagonize that.

...that's wrong on several levels. I mean, he /never/ leaves character to the point that I've met him in the flesh/bone and still aren't sure it's a character.
    Aren't we all technically characters on this stage called life?

Hugs!
    Spoiler
    Show

I can about manage a poor Russian accent after a great deal of practise.
    I find my Spanish accent to be terrible despite the fact I'm from Puerto Rico. XD
    I'm pretty okay at a southern accent.

Show
    All.

My.

YES.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've really been wanting a pony episode like this, but a comic will do nicely!! I can't wait to see how bad this day goes south for Luna. Also, Celestia with that mane tied back in a ponytail... oh yeah, that's a nice look for her.

MOAR.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

When's the Luna comic going to be released?

At first I swore this was fan art for one of Deadly's epic works...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hehe, nice. Might be for a sequel

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Definitely looks like the Micro-Series is going to end on a very high note.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    When's the Luna comic going to be released?
    IIRC, December 18th or something like that.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2013-12-04 at 09:29 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

16. - Top - End - #1366

I belive that I mentioned that I was working on making Ponies a Race for Dungeons:The Dragoning:40K:7th edition

I've got some of the fluff done, and I'd like to see what ponythread thinks about yhe example heroes I've come up with.

Bleakbane, you might enjoy one of them. consider it my penance for inadvertently causing the incident earlier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pony Heroes

Eclipse Wing is an odd pegasus, for many reasons. for one, he belongs to the Thestral sub breed, and for two, he's a vampire. yeah, who'd a thunk. He travels the galaxy, hunting bounties and slaking his thirst on criminals, monsters, and other "acceptable" prey. he does find it cruel that he, as a Pelor worshiper, can not face a sun, but it's a small price to pay for the power he now has.

Diamond Scale is a very unique Unicorn, with the wings, claws and pink scales she inherited from her father. She's also inherited a taste for fashion from her mother, and when she isn't modelling the latest designs in shows in siglal and other major cities in the galaxy, she's diving into ancient ruins looking for great treasures.

Shining Eclipse is a marvelous pony, with an even greater talent for magic than is normal for a Unicorn, and a great deal of intelligence, even as a filly. when she's not learning new spells, she goes through libraries of ancient history, looking for the answers to the secret of those memories she has, of a time before, particularly why she remembers having hands
    Last edited by Rater202; 2013-12-04 at 10:13 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1367

Phew, finally updated the next chapter of Outlaw Mares 3. This is a big chapter. I also read about Fimfiction's new "Sequel Tagging" option for stories and I linked mine together. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Definitely looks like the Micro-Series is going to end on a very high note.
    High enough that it orbits the moon.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

Well we finally get Flufflepuff's orgin story

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

Thread need more Discord.

I just found this song, and it's awesome;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVZJGCpp0JU

I'm late to the party though...
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post

I just found this song, and it's awesome;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVZJGCpp0JU

I'm late to the party though...
    I'm late to everything. Including this video. This is not just kinetic typography - this is... is... awesomeness.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

We need a pony personality test that extends (or even only includes) other non-Mane6 characters. because I know who I'd end up with.

22. - Top - End - #1372

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Then more Discord it shall have!
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #1373

Spoiler: Shipping For TheShipping God!
    Show

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #1374

Shipping For TheShipping God
    I'm curious about the artist's thought process for why the "helmspony" is put into a little bubble at the front of the ship to steer. How does one get in or out? It looks like spike is in there and... well what if he has to pee?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Last edited by otakuryoga; 2013-12-05 at 05:21 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

That last picture, oh my goodness. Discord using Angel to motivate his bear, and Trixie in the back with no wheels!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Ooookaaayyy...

Ours not to reason why...

Advise everypony to check FimFiction, as latest skin update has for me and some others replaced all the icons with "f[string of three digits]." I suggest anypony else that finds this reports it on the thread, with system and browser infomation, so hopefully Knighty can figure out What Went Wrong.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-12-05 at 06:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1378

I totally am. I'm glad someone else was thinking of that idea, even if part of me wished I had the time to do it first. Ah well, it's cool. I still got ideas not yet done.

Wow... is Dash the only one not exploiting their race partner?
    Loyalty indeed!

Ours not to reason why...
    Oh I'll question things for free!

Advise everypony to check FimFiction, as latest skin update has for me and some others replaced all the icons with "f[string of three digits]." I suggest anypony else that finds this reports it on the thread, with system and browser infomation, so hopefully Knighty can figure out What Went Wrong.
    Okie Dokie Loki.

Tried two computers and nothing broke for me yet... I'll try other PCs later just to be helpful.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2013-12-05 at 07:11 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    That last picture, oh my goodness. Discord using Angel to motivate his bear, and Trixie in the back with no wheels!

It's absolutely amazing. I don't know why Cranky is going backwards though.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    It's absolutely amazing. I don't know why Cranky is going backwards though.
    He's being spurred on by the desire to escape Pinkie, so he's hustling backwards so that he can't look away from her.