New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War - Icon City (IC)

Hardliners

Sergei (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What with the Lightning Centurion scaring folks off the rustyards there's a lot of scrap littering up the place. Makes it look unclean, don't you think? I hear you're the man to talk to about this sort of thing.

OOC: Don't really care when it comes from if you have other sources or suppliers in mind, I'll pay 1 cash for each 3 scrap

Merlin
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've just hit a very dangerous road block. A man can help us, I think, with Mordecai's help also, but he is powerful and unpredictable.

Mordecai (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about what the Father's saying about you. No idea he was going to do that. That whole situation is suddenly looking much more dangerous. I'm going to try and get him off your back.

The Family
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh you've got one too. Mine is also hovering over my shoulder. It's sort of boringly frightening isn't it? The hatchet is buried, and will shall keep your offer in mind. Likewise if you ever need assistance with non-lethal takedown don't hesitate to ask.

OOC: For future reference how much would you charge for goons or VIPs?

SCK
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh believe me, we've just been settling in. Now we have secure turf and the manpower, firepower and local relations to hold them. Expect big orders coming in soon. I'll head down there now, where should I meet your posse?

WEB
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bit of a long shot but worth a shot. Hello WEB, this is Belladona of the Hardliners. We're one of those 'champions' you spoke of, although I'm using heavier irony than you were, believe me. Before we try and kill each other the Hardliners would like to know a little about WEB. There is no point in opposition if our aims are in tandem.

Father Figure PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: That was so cool! Do wanna ask tho, has his power level noticeably upped from last turn?

As much and as constantly as she has missed the Nu Cabal never before has it been with the intensity of this moment. While undercover it is not uncommon to have one's cover blown, even in so frightening a way. Always before she had five minds she could simply reach out too, who with love and devotion would unite entirely to her rescue, as she would to theirs. She reached for them instinctively then, grasping at tendrils not there. Dead, they are dead. She is alone and surrounded. It seems you know more about me than I thought Father. Can't say I'm surprised. May we speak privately?'

'You asked if I wanted in on this gig. I may Father, I may. I believe in you, and I'm certainly not alone. You have... something, you speak wisely, and I don't want to die when the monsters come. I could help you spread the word. I wouldn't be you but maybe I'd be nearly as good. But I don't know what the word is Father. If you know me at all you know I won't hurt an innocent. You have power here Father, you can direct things.
    I asked you before, where we were going. I meant us, you and your followers. I didn't really get an answer, I understand seeing the future must be very hard. If I may speak candidly, Merlin is an unwise name to tarnish magic in the media. He saved dozens of lives only last month. I couldn't speak out about him. It would be unwise and it wouldn't sit well with me. But vampires... Father they are monsters, by definition, are they not? And I know of other magicers... Ones much worse than a probable online fraudster and a celebrity.
    I am yours Father. I will be your Hand Father, or your Voice, or whatever you require because it is the wise thing for me to do. For myself, for you, for the world and for common sense. But I cannot compromise the few ethics I have left

Internal PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you :) I'll dig up the post now... Think it was at the start of the Mansion thing. Here we go. In 189 (page 7) I propose the exchange. In 222 (page 8) I say I have nothing to offer him because of a Laztec deal. in 223 he says he'll help me out,sure I'll pay him back down the line.

Just wanna make sure. I'll be able to use any scrap Sergei finds me to tech stuff?

I have a lot of TP I can’t use this turn because the Smith is contracting. I would quite like to sell it on the open market however because I can’t think of an IC way to do that and because I think this way will have more success can I use the fact the Smith is working at Helios to sell the TP via Helios? IE have you put up an announcement as Helios offering to sell my TP?

And more actions (Totally not learning last turn's lesson about spending early )
    1 VIP Major Disaster and 1 follower Orrus droids and Stormcrow (Who hopefully will do more than get knocked out this time ) off to the fishmarket.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2013-12-16 at 08:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Breakfast in the Mews
    Spoiler
    Show

"We solved that about four thousand years back. Have to build them up with nanites from the celulear level up, but it's almost impossible to tell apart from an organic eye.

And just wondering, why did you go to mars in the first place? You have no idea how many plutonium pills we had to ship there to deal with the mystic residue your chariot left."
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

3. - Top - End - #513
    Colossus in the Playground

Gilgamesh's Breakfast

Spoiler
    Show
    Gilgamesh grins.
    "Of course. You invented technology that would change the world overnight, four thousand years ago, and used it for nothing other than slightly better android eyes.

Did I ever tell you about the time I drank the pacific ocean, then spat it back out again before anyone noticed?"
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Trifecta? Nope just Mara

Mara woke up this morning from a dream she couldn't remember.......and she felt like the heavens opened and she was making a thousand angels cry or gasp, hard to say what she would enjoy more.

Either way she felt inspired and hatched a plan...to create a very interesting magazine to pass her time, it would be glorious and interesting....but mostly interesting and would alleviate her boredom, it was time to start rock and rolling.

Spoiler: The Feral Lollipop Issue 1: Sexy vampires myth or reality?
    Show

Hello to all of you beautiful people, welcome to the first Issue and Article of the Feral Lollipop, my name is Chief Hel.
    And I am your friendly neighbourhood succubus, writing on all manners of things here and quite some time.

I am writing this article today to speak to you and bring the truth as to whether sexy vampires exist.
    Before we begin let me ask you what is a vampire?, a sparkling abomination?, a sad miserable creature?, a predator of the night who seduces people and rips their guts out?, all of the above? none?.
    Worry not my dear readers, for today I Mara shall answer you with this article about vampires.
    Vampires were believed to be a corpse supposedly one that was infested by a demonic entity, that would leave its grave at night to drink the blood of the living.
    Now there are many kinds of vampires, just as there are many kinds of lolipops, red, black, white all kind of colours and flavours.

Take for example the Black Bloods using the Draugr(thats not an exotic lollipop if you are wondering but vampires, try licking them at your own risk).
    As i was saying the Draugr are mindless vampires who are best defined as feral ghouls than real vampires, their flesh is cold and they smell real bad, not to mention their lack of mouth hygiene as well complete lack of any kind of manners.
    I suggest using fire and lots of it against them, but if you are looking for a good time with them...well they would sooner eat your guts like spaghetti than kiss you, so thats out of the window.
    Still the vampires of Eternal Darkness are good, from what i hear now lately, everyone is talking about them and their pro human, but anti animal ways.
    Well i can tell you that they at least have better manners than their cousins the draugr(and Father Epiphany aint really as bad looking as i thought he was, plus he at least has some good manners).
    But he is still not very sexy...unless i am missing something last time i saw of him(and i dint know he was a vamp) was back in the 80's i had lots of fun back then, of course it could have been a man that simply looked like him, but was not him, happened to a famous actor that apparently looked like a vampire yet was not one, talk about an embarrassing situation.

Oh well my dear readers the searching for a sexy vampire(male or female or other...hey i am flexible) continues, if you find any proof or have arguments against my article feel free to comment on the website.

Until Later this is Chief Hel writing live from a kind person who let her use their computer...okay maybe not, simply uploaded the thing from them.

Spoiler: The Feral Lollipop: An Interview with the Ancient King of Uruk
    Show

This Sunday i made my way to the Cafe Run for a date interview with Gilgamesh, as many might have noticed.

It was a normal day in a Cofee shop in the Cafe Run, Gilgamesh was already there and Mara was just on time to see him, as he was busy standing in line for a plate of waffles and a jug of chai tea that could hold about a gallon.
    Upon Seeing Mara, he set the food down, bowed at the waist until his head was just slightly lower than hers and, with a sweeping gesture, introduced himself, after shaking hands they both sat down, the interview began in its earnest, people were staring at the lady who frankly was suspiciously a little too beautiful at that moment.

Mara: "A pleasure to meet you in flesh Mr.Gilgamesh, my future husband has talked a great deal about you, even before your return to Earth, is there anything you wish to ask me before we formally start our interview?"

Gil: "Oh, no. Please, begin. This is about you asking questions about me, after all."

Mara: "Very well, on behalf of most people i am sure, could you tell me what you were doing at Mars for the last couple of eons?, or is that a secret?".

Gil: "Ah. Normally, I'd tell a wild tale here, perhaps involving princesses, four armed green giants and flying ships. But, to be honest, Mars is, vell, very, very empty.....I went there for solitude. There is just something beautiful about it. Standing at the edge of a cliff, deeper than most oceans on Earth, the entire world around you empty, safe for the dust and the stars. Climbing the Tharsis Bulge and reaching the top of Olympus as the sun rises over the peak in front of you. I've spent a century, mapping the Labyrinth of the Night and then burned the maps. I've been to Hellas and Utopia, the largest known craters in the system, deep enough to sink the Everest in. And I sat, for two hundred years, dangling my feet over the edge of the black chasm of the of the Valles Marineris, with just miles of nothingness under me, just thinking."

Gil: "Well. And then I got hungry." He grinned and took a waffle, taking a bite before continuing to talk. "So, I'm back."

Mara nodded as she wrote down his answers. "I am sure most people can understand your need for solitude, Now moving on, what do you consider to be the trait you most deplore in others and perhaps yourself? "

Gilgamesh laughed before answering "Liars. Can't stand them. And of course, I am one. You should not believe a word I say. Unless it's on business and you aren't my enemy. And I gave my word. Most of the time."

Mara: "Well thats surprising honest of you then, i suppose no one is innocent of telling a white lie sometimes. One question from a dear friend of mine, is there anyone dead or alive that you admire?"
    Gilgamesh pondered, for a while before answering the question. "Well, I'm alive myself, aren't I?" He ginned back at Mara once again. "But honestly, I had the fortune, in my life, to meet more people that I do admire than people that I don't."
    Gil: "People with convictions and integrity. And courage to stand up for them. I admire that."

Mara: "I see....., on recent events, what are your thoughts on the political system now?, i understand in the past it was quite different from what we have now, any thoughts on how to improve it or change it for the better perhaps?".

Gil: "I never much liked Democracy. Oh, what you have now, it is better than what they had in Athens, though they called it the same. But it is inefficient. Slow. Your... politicians... they spend too much time bickering against each other and squabbling over votes like vultures over carrion. Most don't do what they think is right, they do what they think the people want to hear. By all means, let the people elect their leaders. But if you put your trust in a leader, let him rule, not fight every minute of every day to do what he thinks must be done."

Mara: "Politics is indeed a messy field.......Mr.Gilgamesh would like to share to others what you think your favourite vice is?, any vices in particular standing out from the rest?"

Gilgamesh grinned again: "Oh. Do I have to choose one? Let's see. Good food. Beautiful women. Terrible fashion. Endless boasting. If you mean the catholic ones... let's see. Luxuria... definitely. One of my favourites. Money, food, fame. Like it all. Then, hm, Gula. Hmm. No, I think. I mean, I do eat a lot, but I've done my fair share of charity. It overlaps with Avaritia, though, I guess, and I have some of that. Socordia. Now, that one depends on your definition. I'm not lazy. But I think proper theology calls for spiritual development, not just physical. And I'm not a spiritual person. As for Ira, well, I've gone berserk with the best of them and I've taken vengeance. But I'd like to think it was appropriate and not self-destructive. Invidia, though... never had it. I mean, I've occasionally stolen, sure. But if someone earns their things, let them keep them. And Hubris, well, you've talked to me for more than thirty seconds, you should know that one."

Gil: "Oh, yeah. And Acedia. Now there's a vice I can't stand. Never been depressed in my life."

Mara: "My my, looks like you are one busy man, well then i think you will like this one, its a question that all the Ladies and quite some Men i am sure want me to ask, are you currently single or in a relationship?, and if you are single what is the first thing you will notice that will help you decide if you are attracted to someone or not."

Gil: "Quite single. And fornication is another one of my favourite vices. The catholics kicked that one from the list at some point, though, I think. And, well. I'm a simple man. I like my women beautiful. That's the first thing one sees, after all. But they should have a temper. A bit of fire. Enough energy to keep up with me."

Mara: "Mmmm, i am sure many girls out there will be glad to hear that, any comments you want to say to any readers out here before we wrap this interview up?."

Gil: "Well. If anyone thinks that I've said anything intelligent in this interview, I'm always recruiting. I'm a bit of a craftsman and an architect myself, and me and the boys and girls will probably soon make a start in fixing up the Rustbelt a bit, so there should be plenty of space. Old factories can make for some quite fine living, if you think of them as "studios" and "lofts"."

Mara "Very well, thank you for your time and this interview Mr.Gilgamesh, i hope to see you again soon one day."

And that my friends was the whole interview with the Ancient King, he ain't bad looking between you and me, he is how i like them, big with muscles and an...appetite, perhaps i will have another interview with him later on, perhaps an exclusive, perhaps not.
    An interview by your friendly succubus Chief Hel.

Spoiler: The Feral Lollipop: Ads
    Show

1 The Feral Lollipop is seeking people that can spend some time writing columns, answering questions by people and generally

2 Dr.Dire's numbah 1 fan is searching for her legendary AI's, anyone who knows anything please send information at [email protected].

3 Mana potions now with Blueberry, order now for quick delivery within two days, only at the premium price of 100 dollars per package of ten bottles.

4 Old scientist in Mews seeking proof of alien life on mars, anyone with proof will be paid handsomely, if you dont know who i am dont search for me, you wont find me.

5 Before we forget Looking for proposals as to who shall we try interviewing next, sent emails to [email protected].
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-12-17 at 04:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin

Spoiler: Hardliners(p)
    Show
    That does not sound promising. I would be willing to look through my vaults if you simply need a few artifacts; but I am powerful and unpredictable, people only call me dangerous when there is something else giving them cause to worry.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Breakfast in the Mews
    Spoiler
    Show

There is a sad look in the robots eyes, and his voice is tinged with something approching regret.

"Its true we could have given humanity all the awnsers a at their very begining, told them all the secerts and lore we have gathered over the ages. But, by giving them the 'how' what do they really learn? Would they grow as a people, find their maturation, learn the vital lessons if they are given everything?

And, if we had given humanity everything, would you still be truly human? Your species may be a violent one, but you are young yet. You must reach for the stars, and we guide were we can. We try to offer the occasional sugesstion where and when we can.

But we are old. You have felt it, have you not? The long slow weight of years, and knowing the world will change around you, knowing that you cannot change. I have seen the rise of humans and most of their ancestors Kibg if Uruk. I have watched species rise and fall, and in time it shall be my kinds time to die.

Already, we are dwindle, and the pools go silent. We busy ourselves, enjoying our own twilight, readying ourselves for the end. The winds of magic rise, and my kind's time ends."

He sighs, and eats a peice of his waffle.

"We will leave what we can, clues, to aid humanity in it's journey. If it does nit destroy itself first. Which is why I'm here. I was sent to observe, to attempt to understand, to see if humanity can learn from it's mistakes in time. Do you think you could help me with that?"

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #517

Gilgamesh at breakfast

Spoiler
    Show
    "Bullcrap. I've been alive for seventhousan years. Every century was better than the one before. Books? The agricultural revolution? Flight? Computers? Plumbing?

And as for changing, well, that's entirely up to you. Either change, or don't, but stop whining. No one can force you to stay the same. Me? I've gone to a dozen universities in my lifetime and I still learn new things ever day and there's still things I've never heard or seen. I don't even know everything that was known when I was born and I never will.

The world is beautiful. The more we learn and see and touch, the more astounding it gets. It will never cease to amaze me and I will never have enough of it.

But you know what? If you so desperately want to dwindle and wither and die, give me a call. I'll throw you into the sun, at least that will be memorable.

Otherwise? Pick yourself the hell up, man. If your stuff is one tenth as amazing as the yarns you spin, you never had any reason to mope and sulk like a fourteen year old in love. It's never over unless you want it to be over."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Knight of Blades

To Gligamesh (mail)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed, it's quite an entertaining piece of historical fiction. I think it tries to hard to be realistic though. They should have spiced it up and made things a bit more...epic if you know what I mean. Instead it's got this gritty realism style to it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Spoiler: The Java Genius Cafe [PM] (Attn: Gilgamesh)
    Show
    "Grrrmph."

Grumbling and grunting to himself, Sergei popped the pill, washed it down with his own cup of java, and walked to Gilgamesh, placing a note on the table for the Lord of Uruk.

Spoiler: Gilgamesh [PM]
    Show
    Sergei's calling in that favour, Lord. Need someone quick on his feet and able to take a hit, to move somewhere on very short notice. Can your Highness handle it?

Moving unobtrusively to one side, he continued to watch the proceedings without a word, observing the flow of the conversation carefully, although he seemed to sneak a few peeks at Melissa.

Spoiler: To Trifectra [E]
    Show
    Truce? Oh, right...! That bloody bastard mentioned something of the sort to me.

Well friend, whatever truce he mentioned is between you and that gory freak, you dig? What little I know is, when it was talking about a truce, it meant that it didn't want you guys chasing it after it was done helping you with the Black Bloods or something, nothing more than that.

Still sure, I can talk to the freak, see if it'll bite. Don't see any reason it won't, it don't go looking for trouble on its own despite how it looks. As for old Sergei here, I'm always happy to do business with you, whatever it may be!

Right, so weapons... depends on what sort you want, really. Standard stuff, or something on the fancy side? Sergei knows a couple who can provide, but hey. What's in it for Sergei, hmmm?

Spoiler: To John Smith [E]
    Show
    Expertise in software, hacking, and human psychology, huh? Well, Sergei hasn't got a job for you... as yet. But hey, I can put you on my go-to list if you'd like, hit you up when I find something that suits your skill sets. How's that sound?

Spoiler: To Hardliners [E]
    Show
    Piles of scrap in the Rustyard? Now, Sergei's heard a whiff about what's been happening there lately, so guessing that you be talking about metal scrap here, am I right? If so, I've got just the peep in mind for the job! But if not... eh, Sergei's gotta find someone else.

Either way, where should Sergei's guy put all the scrap that's collected?

Spoiler: To Arachne [E]
    Show
    Well, sure you say that, m'lady, and Sergei sure will oblige! But hey, you could have at least mentioned who else you put on the job, eh? Sergei just ran across one of your other guys on the same job, when he be looking for the right subcontractor. Real embarrassing, don't you know?

Well, Sergei'll have to keep looking. Just might have the guy in mind...

Spoiler: To Gravitas [E]
    Show
    Is that so, now? Well, that just put a real crimp in my plans... I don't suppose you'll be willing to share those details with Sergei, now?

Spoiler: To Dervish [E]
    Show
    Ah, in that case my apologies, tovarisch. All Sergei knows of you is what you're capable of doing, not really so much what you'll use your skills for. Now that's known, Sergei won't bother you much no more.

Although, say... ending wicked cultists with steel and fire, eh? Tell me, tovarisch, would 'a coven of vampires' be included in that?

Charlie

Spoiler: Internal [PM]
    Show
    In response, Charlie simply gave a low, long whistle in seeming astonishment, eyebrows quirked. He leaned forward, and kept his voice low as he spoke to her.

"So, let me guess."

Charlie began, clearly amused as apparent by the ****-eating grin on his face.

"Little rich missy becomes a Super one fine day, and starts crying tears of liquid metal. Little rich missy thinks this is pretty cool, and wants to test it out, but she knows her parents are going to freak if they find out."

"And that is why little rich missy can't just, like, buy a warehouse or some other such place to mess around with her Power in privacy. Instead, she has to play around with her Power wherever and whenever she can. Preferably, somewhere no one would think to look for a rich little missy."

"Of course, being a rich little missy, she has no idea that the Brownstones ain't anything like her home in... Pyre Hill, shall we say? Never even occurs to her that anyone who's anyone would notice her messing up stuff in the streets, which is also why she never thinks to split the scene and continue doing her stuff somewhere else. And that, is how she ends up getting chased by a big scary thug and his goons, as well as getting the attention of a certain nosy jackass, eh?"

His ****-eating grin growing quite wide at this point, Charlie winked at Penny, and finished.

"After which, this and that happened. And now, little rich missy gets a buzz from said nosy jackass, asking to meet for a morning coffee. She don't like him none too much, but shows up anyway because she's curious to hear what he has to say. Now, I wonder how the story continues from here. How would the little rich missy react, if the nosy jackass says that maybe there's some things they could do to benefit each other?"
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2013-12-17 at 09:44 AM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #520

Kobold

Spoiler: To Sergei[e]
    Show

Hmm i see, that thing aint much of a talker, oh well.

Mostly standard stuff, but i would like something interesting.

As for whats in it for you....hmm how about if you have anything magical in nature that you wish to find some information.
    Or if you want some backup in a fight, you will have it.
    A favour for a favour.

Just keep in mind that unless you notify us from before there might be some delay to reaching you(ie from the Outskirts to the City there is a distance we need to pass in order to reach the fight).
    I'd offer you something like something like a big golem for you to have....but those things require some maintenance...such a shame.

11. - Top - End - #521

Lazarus Technologies

Java Genius Cafe (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lazarus inquires, "What is the pay? And when and where does Vector want the specimen delivered?"

To the Family (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do you plan to use the containment foam for? I don't know what quality or quantity I should be looking for, though I have found a source.

And what are you willing to pay per dose?

To SCK (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will see what I can do.

To Die Kriegers (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What would be the cost for 2 sets of combat armor and assault rifles? For... Developmental purposes, of course.

To Friendly Fire (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    So does your stock vary widely from month to month, or do you retain a core supply of basic arms and armor for sale throughout?

Interesting specials, as well, and I have a few questions as to their exact capabilities:

Does the Tesla dose require an augmented thinker already, or does it supercharge any mind?

I assume the Intrusion Detector is intended to monitor for attempts to manipulate one's own mind psychically?

How precise is the analyzer? Is it akin to Edison's model where it can detect energy anomalies, but including mass analysis?

And I wish I had the Cash to buy the Shiva, but unfortunately it is quite out of my price range... Any chance it will still be offered in the coming months or I could negotiate an alternative payment option?

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Follower Action spent) Develop Ouroboros.
    (VIP Action spent) Develop Ouroboros.
    (Action spent) Rush Ouroboros [Can I use either a VIP or Follower for this? I'd prefer Follower]

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Garren Gomar in the Shack [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

((The Mercs aren't intended to be seen, or come inside. They're blocking off routes to/from the building, trying to act as though they don't relate to Garren even though they're a bit conspicuous in the area. And two of them are manning the van, located far enough that they hopefully won't be spotted, but close enough so that they can arrive to back up the others or act as a getaway if necessary.))

"Uh, Family? No, I'm not with them. I don't intend to cause any trouble.

See, I've been informed that this person-
    He procures the picture. -might be your daughter. And if so, I'd like to talk to her about something she might have seen that could help me with a matter of some concern."

Garren Gomar - Gilgamesh [M]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The people in Slumside tell me that after both the Watchmen and Black Bloods left, some criminal group called 'The Family' moved in, and is apparently extorting them. I think you should take care of your territory.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

13. - Top - End - #523

Gilgamesh to Garren Gomar

Spoiler
    Show
    "An unfortunate fact, yes. They helped the Bloods assault me as mercenaries. However, after I beat the Bloods back, they had taken over some territory, which apparently the Bloods had promised them as payment.

As I didn't want another battle right away before my fighters had time to rest, we came to an agreement, that I would let the Family in peace, but that they would leave the Rustbelt in due time and give Slumside over to my control. I hope they'll keep to that agreement."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Firbolg in the Playground

Heralds
    to Trifecta [e]

Spoiler
    Show

You have a giant beast? You control one of the beasts of the apocalypse?

MRB
    to Trifecta [e]
    Spoiler
    Show

So you accidentally killed someone, and you're falling back on a moonshine story of an ancient secret society to cover it up? That's your report?

MRB
    to Foundation [p]
    Spoiler
    Show

That can be confirmed. The costume in fact matches Dervish, an immortal that's been operating in the area for a few years now. The footage didn't get an ID on his face, though, and he's blowing off our requests to come in for the inquiry.

Dockside Detectives
    Foundation, Observers [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"The picture is that someone faked an order from the Historical Society to get a specific artifact here, then jacked the boat before it landed to make sure no mishaps occured in transit. They either killed the crew and dumped them or took them with, dunno which."

Foundation
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

It might be possible to get satellite info from an agency who had a bird in the sky watching around there at the time. It'd take at least one action to check around and try to get cooperation, though.

Arachne
    to John Smith [e]
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh, you heard of me? I'm flattered! You're also a bit more in the know than I thought, good job!

No, I'm not in charge of W.E.B. Tarantulas is. I just handle their net stuff and assist them as I can.

Bastet
    to Merlin [e]

Spoiler
    Show

Her? The Atlantean wanna-be? Don't think there's a Yig tie there.

Well, I DO know that Aquatica is in the city somewhere, lying low and building up for her next conquest attempt. I'll put my agents out, see what I can scare up. Might take some time, but it'll be easier than the Yig kids.

ICPD
    to KoB [m]

Spoiler
    Show

We're trying to dig that up ourselves, but the contacts listed on the roster aren't returning our calls, and awe've never heard of the foundation they claim to be. Our estimate is that whoever used our name was purchasing things from criminals.

Chief Rackham
    to KoB [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Chief shakes his head. "No, no kidnapping scheme... Though... Hm. Working for Virtue? Yes. Yes, that might work."

"Thank you, I'll see what I can do, there."

Family
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

It looks like this Garren guy brought [2 followers] worth of goons. They're carrying, and the Slumsides residents you talk to estimate them as dangerous.

You head out to the apartment, and the folks this Garren guy has watching the entrance to the complex straighten up as Gladiator approaches, with backup. They seem nervous, but aren't drawing weapons so that's something...

SCK
    to Hardliners [E]

Spoiler
    Show

Little restaraunt down there called the Dolphin's Diner. Come around the side, we'll get our @%@##% organized.

WEB
    to Hardliners [e]
    Spoiler
    Show

Our goals are the advancement of human society and technology to the point where people like you are obsolete. We doubt there is anything you can offer us.

Father Figure
    Hardliners [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

(Hard to say. You didn't use your power when he was using his last turn, so you didn't notice it back then.)

The Father grins, showing horrible teeth. "Oh child, you leave the worries to me. I shall TAKE the SINS!" He grins, hops down from the podium, starts walking around

Belladonna. "And CLEANSE them! We shall do a bit of evil perhaps but in the long run it'll work out. Merlin, eh, well, didn't mean to aim my boys his way but he's a big feller he can take it. That Mordecai feller though, he's bindin' demons in his basement, everybody knows. And Vampires... Well hell, they's magical monsters so I figure they count."

He stops, tilts his head. "That's just the ones we know about. You want to help? Find us hidden magicians! We'll need supplies from them. Lots of supplies. Be my eyes child, spread the truth of me to those you move among, and find us mages who don't deserve their wages."

"And we shall save everything! Well, some things. Well, those we can."

Fishmarket Fandango
    Hardliners [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Major shows up with Stormcrow and the droids following. The SCK "soldiers" who meet

him do their best not to look impressed. "@!$@#!% man. Nice toys. Aight, here's the shizzle."

One of them unrolls a tourist map of the area. "Ain't just that one trade that got hit, we've had a few dealers disappearing round the neighborhood. Gettin' so bad that if we don't stop it, the recent good business is gonna disappear. That would make Coate unhappy. Coate unhappy is not a good thing."

"So we figure we're gonna set up a sting. Seeded a few of our guys with clues leading to the old whale oil refinery in the southeast. Figure we wait for them there. Then whoever shows up falls down a flight of stairs onto some bullets. Two or three times."

"You down, dog?"

Hardliners
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, I'll send the database lore to you later tonight.

Yep, scrap can substitute for cash when you're making stuff.

Eh... Selling the TP via Helios isn't going to work. They keep all their stuff close.

And selling TP is tricky anyway. You can always spend actions to temporarily loan someone your manufacturing capability, but you'd have to find an interested buyer, first.

And that would entail letting people use your stuff, which might be a consideration...

And actions noted.

Arachne
    to Sergei[e]
    Spoiler
    Show

Sergy, sergy, sergy... I love you like a drunk uncle that you never, ever let babysit, but you KNOW THE RULES. Big op, lotsa potential for heroic intervention, I'm not gonna tell you any more than I have to, dear.

Look, just make sure you got some primo villains and mercs lined up for this. Pay will be proportionate to damage done.

Gravitas
    to Sergei [e]
    Spoiler
    Show

In a word, no. In two words, certainly not. In three words, Good bye Sergei.

Dervish
    to Sergei [e]
    Spoiler
    Show

I rather hope not, for their sake.

Charlie
    Coffee Time [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

About midway through the rant she starts getting angry. Her eyes flare silver momentarily, before she finally speaks.

"You don't know me. You don't know nothin' bout me. I didn't start rich and I earned everything I got."

She calms down a bit. Her eyes go back to normal. "You got a job? You a villain? Heroes don't pay..."

Die Kriegers
    to Lazarus [e]

Spoiler
    Show

For someone we haven't met before? [3 cash] per case of assault rifles (Enough to equip 1 group of followers), and [2 cash] per [1 follower's worth of] sets of SWAT armor.

Friendly Fire
    to Lazarus [e]

Spoiler
    Show

Well, according to our tech folks, the Tesla dose works for either augmented or not, though it'll go farther with an augmented mind. They do warn that someone with highly developed powers already might risk side effects.

The Intrusion Detector Array is a handheld scanner. You can use it to monitor yourself or test others.

As far as we can tell, Edison's model is energy only. This is more general, less focused so it can handle matter as well.

If you want to put the Shiva on Layaway, we're got with that. Say... 25% per month until it's yours?

Lazarus
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

You can spend a follower action to rush it, and a VIP action researching it, that's fine.

ICPD
    to Virtue [e]

Spoiler
    Show

You recieve an email from Chief Rackham.

I have a favor to ask. My son has fallen in with bad elements. A friend has recommended that I find a way to get him off the streets, and I think I'm going to do that. Would you object to taking him on, if the judge rules community service as a punishment?

Garren Gomar in Tall Towers [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The woman sighs. "Oh what the hell is that girl into now?"

Garren gets an earful of her troubles. Her daughter Mary hasn't been the same since she survived a horrific car accident that killed everyone else in the car. Next thing she knows, Mary's out at all hours of the night, acting weird, and hanging out with people.

The woman rubs her face. "My... Manager won't set me up with gigs no more. I ask him why, he tells me Mary paid him not to. Now where'd she get that kind of money? I get on her case about it, and she says she's got rent covered too. That girl... She's doing something bad, I know it. I don't know what to do." Her hand seeks out a bottle, and she eyes it wearily, judging the amount of liquid inside.

"She's out now somewhere. I asked her where she went, and she didn't answer."

Garren's earbud crackles.

"Got a big guy waiting outside for you. Looks like... Yep, that Gladiator guy, from the Family. Got about a dozen gangers along, and some professionals too. They're giving us the eye and we're giving it back, but they don't have weapons drawn."

Java Genius [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Walter slides an antidote across to Gilgamesh.

"In my experience, people aren't usually too cooperative when they see the Professor's test regimen. Don't get me wrong, if we can give the vampire back to his cult afterwards without risking compromise we will, and he'll survive the tests so long as he doesn't get stupid."

"The problem with just ASKING them for help is this... Draugrs are what happens when a vampire passes their disease on to dead bodies, right?"

"So where's the vampire that made those draugrs?"

He lets that sink in a minute.

"Yeah. If the Eternal Darkness or one of their members did it, then they might skew the results, or not be as cooperative, or fort up and deny everything. Sure, their story is that they just want to be good guys, and only drink the blood of cattle and whatnot, but honestly? If you had a choice between prime rib on the sly now and then or just spam in a can every day for the rest of your life, I know which I'd go for."

He frowns as Sergei passes a note, but says nothing. He smiles as Lazarus asks about details.

"The pay is [8 cash] split however you like. Once you obtain the specimen, call it in and we'll send a truck around to any meeting place you want, within reason."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

15. - Top - End - #525

Kobold

Trifecta

Heralds[e]
    Spoiler
    Show

If he has connections amongst them, then he is one of the minor beasts and not the great ones.
    I dont control it, he does what he wants and i make deals to keep people safe.

MRB[e]
    Spoiler
    Show

Sheesh
    You may believe what you want, if you think that i am simply covering something or i am making an excuse in my report.....well feel free to believe that.

Although, you don't have the man's who died remaining body parts, so you cant prove anything.

You dint find a gas tank in the house, so dont tell me it was an accident.

Lastly ask yourself what do i get with all the wounds sustained by my friends.

Hmm but i suppose you could doubt my word and say they were enemies, but you cant prove i had something to do with this, hmm although i do have someone who was with me back then and together we know everything about the dead folks, so i think you cant prove that i was an enemy, especially as i almost dint survive.

As for covering it all up....hmmm, not my problem.
    Now stop putting pressure, we aint buddies and i dont owe you a thing you got the truth, despite what you believe or know your knowledge is.....more than lacking on many stuff.

But i think we are both done here, so what will you do now?, try bringing me in for something i dint do?
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-12-17 at 12:53 PM.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Leyline

To the ICPD [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    My dear Chief my name is not particularly improtant but if it means anything at all my name is Darren Kelowski (OOC thats not leylines name at all) What is important here is that I am extending my hand in friendship and mutual benifits. Your secrets are safe with me and I will occasionally ask things of you. They will not be major. A few might damage some reputaions but I am certain a man such as yourself has ways around that. What do you say chief? A little help for a little help? Or shall we give the tabliods something to seeth about?

To The Steampunks [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings steampunks,
    My moniker is Leyline and I have something of a buisness proposition for you. As you probably know the Futurecon tech expo is happening this month aand there will be all sorts of interesting schematics and prototypes available for public gawking. I want to stick it to those rich bastards and steal as many of them as I can. What I need is a flashy distraction. In fact I want several flashy distractions. Your group seems to be ideally suited to flash and style, so in exchange for half of all the prototypes I manage to steal, would you be willing to dupe the gathered might of most of the big corps in Icon City?

To GM [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is the expo on midturn 1 or 2? Also is the steampunks group larger than just the five supers in Powers 1 data base? Also a follower action: My getaway driver is going to find an abandonded warehouse or some such and kick the squatters out, buy some new locks, Make it a temporary safe house.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Spoiler: Java Genius [PM]
    Show
    "Rrrrmph, well now."

Sergei finally piped up, leaning lazily on the wall.

"[8 Cash], eh? Ye mean if more'n one o' us join forces t' nab ye vamp, we be havin' t' split tha' sum? 'N say 'e whole lotta us 'ere bring in more'n one vamp 'tween all o' us. It still be 'e same sum, or we be gettin' a bonus on top o' tha', eh?"

Spoiler: To The Family [E]
    Show
    Hey there, this be your friendly neighbourhood fixer, Sergei! Here's a freebie from the vine; something big is happening, and there's gonna be a sudden surge in demand for mercenary contractors, eh? Client's looking for tough, durable folk who're quick on their feet, and able to show up somewhere on short notice. Pay proportionate with the amount of collateral and mayhem caused! Up for some fun?

Spoiler: To Arachne [E]
    Show
    Ooooho! Right, right... don't you worry now m'lady, Sergei knows absolutely nuts about what you're doing! This old drunkard can't spill what he don't know, eh?

In the meantime, m'lady can just sit tight, and wait for ol' Sergei to work some magic, hey?

Spoiler: To Graveyard Gang, Steampunks, Anne Droid, Aquatica, Major Majors, Paradigm [E]
    Show
    Hey there, this be your friendly neighbourhood fixer, Sergei! Here's a freebie from the vine; something big is happening, and there's gonna be a sudden surge in demand for mercenary contractors, eh? Client's looking for tough, durable folk who're quick on their feet, and able to show up somewhere on short notice. Pay proportionate with the amount of collateral and mayhem caused! Up for some fun?

Charlie

Spoiler: Coffee Time [PM]
    Show
    Chuckling heartily by now, Charlie waved off Penny's outburst.

"Sorry, sorry... so you got some spunk after all, huh? I like that! Still, point stands; you sticking around in the Slumsides after doing something so attention-grabbing was just dumb. Well, you learned that lesson firsthand and come out without a scratch, so all's well huh?"

Fishing out a note from his pocket, Charlie passed it to Penny; on it was Sergei's contact number.

"And yeah, not a hero here. Not a villain either for that matter, I'm pretty much just out for myself. And this here's the number of Sergei. Guy's a local fixer for the independent Super contractors in this city, or so he says. That old geezer is a drunkard and a sleazeball, but he comes through well enough. You wanna work for yourself like I do, you could use a guy like him."

"Speaking of which, that Sergei did ask me to pass this on to you; there's already a job on his hands that needs doing, and he thinks you're the girl for the job. You heard of the thieving in the Railyards, I assume? Seems like the thieves have been scared off, and it's a mess in there."

"Metal scrap all over the place, needing to be cleaned up, and the client's paying by the pound. Easy job, Sergei splits the whole sum with you half each, and you get an excuse to play around with metal with a reasonable chance of not being disturbed this time round. Sounds pretty good for you, no?"

With that, he leaned back in his chair, and held up a finger.

"That's Sergei, now for me. I'd say you owe me big for last time, Penny. If I weren't there to make those Family goons think twice, they'd probably have pressed you in their service by now, and you without a say in the matter. Might've made you join that big fracas in the same area last month, and you might've got ate by that scary sonuvabitch they call 'Bloodwind' on top of it. Any way you cut it, I did you a solid by helping you split the scene that time, won't you say?"

He held up a second finger.

"And that aside. Slumsides aside, it's pretty obvious that you're real green. Not much room around here for you to make mistakes, before the law or the gangs get interested in you again, and your Power alone isn't gonna cut it for keeping you out of their grasp. What say you that I scratch your back, and you scratch mine? I'll teach you some tips and tricks for surviving in this career, and you... well, I'm sure there's something you can offer me in return."
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

John Smith

Breakfast in the Mews
    Spoiler
    Show

For a second, John Smith freezes, and then takes off his glasses. The eyes are normal, a black pupil and a brown iris, perfectly human.

"Understand that I'm going to get into serious trouble with my higher ups for the the rest of the converstion. Since you disagree with the offical version, I will instead have to tell something closer to the truth."

He grimices slightly, but his eyes look... nervous.

"We have been providing help behind the scenes for humanity for a long time Gilgamesh. We have provided clues, guided you towards things you might be ready for, tried to steer you away from things that would get you all killed, but the situation has been spiralling out of control. At this point, the odds are not on a natural selection wipeing out humanity, but discovering something they are not ready for and killing themselves off."

He sips his coffe.

"And many elders are of the opinion that it is not a proboblity, but an invitability. And our abillity to try and infulence humanity, to try and protect it from itself, has gotten more limited in recent years. We have to constantly work on our stealth systems to avoid dection, and meetings like this? I'm going to be in serious trouble anyway. So I might as well ask again. Will you help me try and see if humanity has grown wise enough to walk alone, or do you think that intervention would be needed? Because that is the question I was sent here to try and awnser."

To Arachne (E)
    Spoiler
    Show

Intresting. As it relates to why I was sent here, by what means do you mean to bring about a new age of humanity?

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Knight of Blades

To Gilgamesh (mail)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bad news,

It seems that the artifacts purchased were bought from criminal elements, not a museum, collector, or legitimate dealer. So even if we went to Memphis I'd have no idea who to contact or why. Quite frankly I'm stumped. Do you have any ideas on how to proceed?

Knight of Blades
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Hardliners

Sergei
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. The very thing. Metal scrap, can't leave it to rust. We'll dispose of it of course. Just let us know when you have a decent amount assembled and we'll pick it up.

WEB
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're not offering anything, save a lack of opposition. Your goal sounds noble. As you know recently a great many good people died to save the world. This of course includes yourself. A world where this cannot happen is to be lauded. Yet similar words have been used before, many a time, to disguise the worst types of despots and tyrants.

Father Figure PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    She all but bows to him with the intensity of her nodding. Of course Father. What sort of supplies do you need? I am looking for some. Very wicked ones, they call themselves children but they are vile. They... tortured someone I know. Demon summoners and idolatrous villains, would they have the type of supplies you need Father?

Fishmarket Fandango PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh I'm down. Sting sounds like a good plan. Make sure you take one alive, **** the rest. Show me the way to this refinery, I'll plan the ambush once we're inside.

Internal PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I lock in economic actions now do they prog mid-turn or end-turn?

Oh, and can I buy some followers? How much cash to hire a R&D/engineering team?
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2013-12-17 at 02:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

21. - Top - End - #531

Gilgamesh at Breakfast

Spoiler
    Show
    "Seriously? Now you're taking that route? Come on. No one will believe that you're the ones behind all of human history. I've personally invented a few things and I've known dozens of famous scholars. And I barely ever heard of you before today."
    He pauses and leans a bit closer.
    "And you know what? About once every, oh, thirty years someone comes along and tells me humanity will be wiped out soon. I was born before people had figured out iron. Bronze was the big new thing. And then? I've llived through gunpowder, catapults, the plague, hundreds of wars and revolutions and a few genocides. There's bioweapons and bombs, now, enough to sterilize the surface.
    And that's before we figure in magic. I've seen dragons, angels and apocalypses. And you know what? Humans are still around. I know for a fact the Sidhe are still around. I've met more than one Fomor and Firbold down in Atlantis. There's angels, demons, goblins, trolls... as far as I can tell, none of them ever died out, for all their magic and their technology, unless they got whiny and gave up. We just aren't that stupid."

Gilgamesh to the Family

Spoiler
    Show
    "Okay, listen. I told you you could hang out in Slumside for a month or two before handing it back to the Watchmen. I'll let you do your thing, sure. But don't harass my friends. I like Gomar, he's not going to do any damage to your cause or take your business. Leave him alone."

Gilgamesh to the Knight of Blades

Spoiler
    Show
    "Not really, no. I've been gone for centuries, that means I really don't have any contacts anywhere. Ask on the hero forums if anyone has contacts there or knows anyone who might?"

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Garren Gomar #slums [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hm. Well, I can't honestly say for sure, but she might be mixed up in some trouble. But she's clearly not a bad girl. She loves you.

If we stop her from falling with the wrong crowd, I'm sure we can make things better.

You know what, I'll-"
    The earbud buzzes, and Garren puts a hand on his ear to listen.

"...well damnit. It seems the Family is here.

I'll try not to make a mess of it. You should hide somewhere safe for now. If I'm not here when your daughter returns, please tell her to call this number."
    Garren hands the woman a slip of paper with his number on it.

Then he turns and starts to subvocalize into the mic, giving the woman time to hide.

"Hm. Ok, Jack. We should assume the worst, that they know the number and positions of our men. They can't know if we've got more in the van or nearby, so we should use that to our advantage. Make smoke and mirrors, have the van do a rapid getaway to the exfiltration point A. They'll lose track, I'd bet, and can't know if we dropped more folk off. To make them assume we did, have Li, Ivan and LeMien move towards us in a grouping pattern in a way that makes it obvious to any observers that there's a second team coming from the van's direction to back them up.

Get Seligere on the phone. Call Gilgamesh and HQ, for potential backup. But try and make this clean."

((Positions:

Li Shenshun, alley outside building. Medic training. Currently moving to B-entrance of building, timing to join with the other two there and giving off the impression of reinforcements nearing A-entrance of building.

Valery Ilyushin, rooftop neighbouring building. Driver training. Taking a parkour route down to join Shenshun at B-entrance.

Henry LeMien, bottom floor neighbouring building. Traps and demining training. Walking briskly towards B-entrance to join with others.

Jack Eremond, outside apartment door. Data and leadership training, current unit leader. Keeping an eye on the Family.

Joshua Seligere, in green van. Comms training. Making some calls.

Johan Strauss, driving green van. Driver, logistics, leadership training. Current second-in-command of unit. Trying to shake off enemy spotters for long enough to make them think he might've dropped reinforcements, then moving to alternative location ready to come pick up the rest of the unit if trouble arises.

Contingency plans:
    If it seems there'll be a fight, delay until the three operatives outside the building are at the B entrance. LeMien sets up a boobytrap at the entrance unless situation has already been peacefully resolved, linked to a stun grenade. Eremond opens, taking advantage of the inferior quality of the majority of enemy troops, and probably them lacking high-grade equipment, by exploding a flashbang and then a smoke grenade while taking off towards the cover of the stairway with Garren. He avoids using high explosives to prevent damage to building and civilians within, but he'll take accurate shots to drop hostiles if necessary. The three operatives coming up the stairs are the backup, meant to cover until the van arrives to pick everyone up and get out. Van arrives right at the door, to prevent any sharpshooters from taking shots at us when we pack in.

CQB is all about moving fast and precise. Hopefully we can confuse the thugs enough to get away clean. If the enemy big guy proves trouble, Garren will hold him off.

Again, all this /if/ there is a battle.

Garren Gomar and the Family [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Garren steps out of the apartment and eyes Gladiator. "Well, hello there."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

John Smith

Breakfast in the Mews
    Spoiler
    Show

"Of course we aren't behind human history. We gave sugesstions, the seeds of ideas, sabotaged a few projects when they looked like they would down down darker roads. But, we only directly intervened twice, and both times were epic screw ups.

And as for why they are still around, there are those that are always watching, ready to take steps. There are those whose plans will take longer then my kind lives to reach fruition.

And your probobly right. Granted, I'm so low on the totem pole for my own species that I can be considered a mere fourteen year old. And the elders, they think something is coming up, some piviotal moment, and they want more data."

He sighs, and places his fork on the empty plate.

"Thats why I'm here. In all honesty, it's a research paper for me, and false red flag from the higher ups. They've been wrong before, not often, but they've been wrong."

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534

Virtue

Rakham
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not at all. I would be happy to help.

[ooc: I'm going to start drafting some legislation. This might take a bit.]
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

25. - Top - End - #535

The Lightning Centurion

Merlin [M]ail
    Spoiler
    Show

I've no idea how to effectively contact you, but I presume if you're meant to get this letter you will know to receive it.

There are a number of recent events in the city, including the incident at the Peabody Labs, that I think might be related, and are likely to have a negative effect on the livelihood of the general population if left uninvestigated. Due to your unique temporal situation, I felt you may be able to provide to me some insight to the situation. Let me know if you are willing to help me look into this and I will share what I know so far.

Regards,
    The Lightning Centurion

Gilgamesh [M]ail
    Spoiler
    Show

Salutations, great warrior prince.
    I've only just returned to Icon City from my home plane, and of all the recent events of interest, I must say that the return of the mighty Gilgamesh has been the most spoken of; I heard of your presence not 3 minutes after my own return to this plane.
    If I may be so blunt, I would like to ask: What is your purpose here? Are you here for anything or anyone specific, or is adding more stories to the Epic of Gilgamesh your main goal?
    I mean no disrespect, I am merely intrigued by the lack of apparent consistent motive in your actions. Surely the great Gilgamesh must be up to something worthy of his name.

Regards,
    The Lightning Centurion

The Ideal [M]ail
    Spoiler
    Show

Sir Avalon,
    I appreciate the goals of The Ideal; instilling calm in the populace by presenting them with Supers who will protect them is both noble and pragmatic. Should any occasion arise where you may require assistance in order to maintain this ideal, feel free to call upon me. I would also like to gain your permission to come to you for help should the meek need more protection than I can provide.
    On a more personal note... is there any significance to the name Avalon? I only wonder.

Regards,
    The Lightning Centurion.
    Last edited by Copper8642; 2013-12-18 at 01:31 PM.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Firbolg in the Playground

POLICE CHIEF'S SON ARRESTED, GETS COMMUNITY SERVICE

Chief Rackham is well-known as an honest and honorable man, but the apple doesn't always fall close to the tree... His son, Gregory Rackham was arrested yesterday on an unlicensed concealed carry charge, and given the maximum fine of six months of community service.

House in Cemetery burns

The Emberlane Cemetary was witness to arson yesterday, as the caretaker's house on the grounds was burned to the ground. The fire department was not notified until early this morning, and report pulling no less than thirty sets of human remains from the wreckage.

"Thing is," one anonymous firefighter was reported to say, "Most of them got traces of formaldehyde mixed in there. They were dead before the fire killed'em."

Rumors that the bodies were found in positions that suggested they were besieging the house have thus far been unsubstantiated...

Heralds
    to Trifecta [e]

Spoiler
    Show

We'll see. But if he wants to go kill those evil vampires, that's fine with us.

MRB
    to Trifecta[e]

Spoiler
    Show

There were 7 bodies in the fire, all identified as members of your little cult. No innocents, be thankful for that.

Thanks for the... Report. Even if it's less than helpful.

ICPD
    to Leyline [e]

Spoiler
    Show

I think I'll have to decline. Do your worst.

Steampunks
    to Leyline [E]

Spoiler
    Show

Hmm... An interesting proposal! Very well, we accept!

Leyline
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The exposition is on both midturn 1 and midturn 2. So you've got a choice of hitting it early, or hitting it later. The Steampunks may or may not have some followers, it's hard to say. Your driver finds an empty warehouse in the Warehouses district, but he's pretty sure the squatters won't stay gone for long. Still, it should work so long as you get out of there before the end of the turn.

Assorted Villains
    to Sergei [e]

Spoiler
    Show

Graveyard Gang and Steampunks both say that they're busy. Anne Droid says that she's out for a few months, due to body issues. Aquatica doesn't respond, and Paradigm is uninterested unless magic is involved.

But Major Majors sends a reply.

"Is this to do with WEB's challenge? I might be interested, if they could hook me up with some tech I've had my eye on..."

Charlie
    Coffee Time [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Penny eyes Charlie with a little hostility, but she does take Sergei's number.

"You want me to steal MORE metal from the railyards? Dude, I heard the Lightning Centurion was on the case, there. It isn't worth getting Lightninged."

She sighs. "I guess I do owe you some. Okay. You want to teach me some tricks, I'll learn. But no funny business! And I still don't think I trust you yet."

"Just make sure there's money and I get a cut, and you can call on me for help, all right?"

[Gained 1 Influence with Bad Penny]

Arachne
    to John Smith [e]

Spoiler
    Show

Well, W.E.B is of the opinion that the current societal structure is not equipped to deal with the rise of superpowers, the return of magic, and the increasing technological refinement worldwide. They feel that they'd be better suited to shepherding humanity into a new golden age.

Personally I have my doubts, but there's no denying that current structures aren't equipped for a lot of the changes we've been going through.

WEB
    to Hardliners [e]

Spoiler
    Show

We are confident that history shall judge us as saviors.

Father Figure
    to Hardliners [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The Father nods, his grin manic. "Sure! If they're magicians, then they'll have what we need! I know how to use their own tools against them, the whispers have shown me the way!"

Fishmarket Fandango
    Hardliners [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

You're shown to the old Whale Oil processing facility. It's a three story building, with plenty of chains and hooks to hang whale carcasses, and vats, and conveyor belts. The catwalks are old but still serviceable, and there's broken glass all around.

Hardliners
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Economic actions usually process in the end of turn.

An R&D team... Well, tricky. Helios just wiped the market of most available engineers, and the tech expo means that a lot of firms are on the prowl themselves. You figure you'd need to pony up at least 3-5 cash to have a chance.

Virtue
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

In a few days, Gregory Rackham, the chief's son, is assigned to you as a gopher. He's rather sullen, and clearly doesn't like being here, but he grudgingly does his job.

Java Genius [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Walter nods to Sergei. "Precisely. [8 cash] is what a vampire is worth to us. If everyone goes after it, well, that's a bigger split."

He shrugs. "It shouldn't be difficult, though. They're doing a neighborhood watch thing in the farmlands, which means that they're out on patrol most nights, often by themselves. Easy to find one alone. Slightly harder to cleanly grab one, but I have faith in the talent gathered here."
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2013-12-18 at 01:51 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Garren Gomar, meet Gladiator[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gladiator stepped forward; not openly threatening but not totally relaxed either. "I hear you've been asking around and canvassing the area looking for a girl named... Sarah, I believe? Who is she and what has she done?"

Family-Hardliners[E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: It depends on several factors. Job, timeframe, entertainment value etc, etc.

Family-Lazarus Technologies
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just need it to give me a last-ditch weapon and a way to easilly capture someone if I needed to. As long as it's actual, quality stuff and not something I could make at home, it should suffice and go from there? Who is the supplier? Do they have anything else in their catalog?

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Garren Gomar, All in the Family [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Garren makes a subtle hand gesture, and Eremond takes some steps to retreat behind him, towards the end of the hallway. Then he turns to look Gladiator in the eyes, smiling politely.

"I think she might know something about some business of mine. I have no intention of causing trouble to her or anyone else, I simply wish to talk to her."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539

Gilgamesh at Breakfast

Spoiler
    Show
    "Alright, alright. Anyway, enough philosophizing. Why did you call me here? What do you want of me?"

Gilgamesh to the Lightning Centurion

Spoiler
    Show
    "If I could shrug in a message, I would. I'm seven thousand years old at this point and I've achieved a lot of things. After half a millenium of solitude and fasting, I'm content to engage in hedonism for a few months and make an income in any way that seems interesting in the meantime.

Perhaps you have read the Epic of Gilgamesh. "And he saw that though men can not live forever, their works endure and that even long after his death, Uruk, his city would still stand", to paraphrase. They got that backward.

Uruk is gone, but I'm still here. And so it is with almost all works of men. And most men, too, to be fair. But me? Chances are, I will be here longer than this city or this nation. I will do good deeds, from time to time, and even great ones. But I scarcely care about my legend anymore.

Still. There are things I have achieved. In a short time, I have slain a monster, won a battle and gained a... well. I'd love to say "army", but they are a bit small and badly trained for that. Gang.

And if you have any other suggestions, well, speak."

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Breakfast in the Mews
    Spoiler
    Show

"I am considered dangerously emotional for one of my kind. That said, I feel as well as a braindamaged infant on suppresants. So, I need somone human, but old enough to pass the bare legal requirements of Deep Troll law, and wasn't magical enough to put me in a coma if we ever came in close contact. So, all I want is to know what you see, hear, think of what's happening in the city from a human perspective. For you to be a source in my report."

Spoiler
    Show