New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XVI: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Orcy Worcey...Stuff

Oh nice <o.o>; I guess I got the wrong impression due to where the Battered Hilt is acquired. Excellent.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XVI: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Orcy Worcey...Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    Oh nice <o.o>; I guess I got the wrong impression due to where the Battered Hilt is acquired. Excellent.
    And even where it is acquired doesn't even require you to kill a boss.

On Heroic-Go in, kill trash until you get to the first boss. Don't kill first boss. Kill trash until you get to second boss. Don't kill second boss. Return to exit. Exit dungeon, hit 'reset all instances' go in again. As long as you don't kill a boss you don't get saved.

On Normal-You can full clear Pit of Saron, then exit the dungeon (via running back, don't take the portal). Exit dungeon, hit 'reset all instances' go in again. You can kill bosses but they don't actually have a better drop chance for the Hilt. As far as trash goes, after the second boss your chances of finding a Hilt will quickly decrease.

WARNING: You can only do this a certain number of times per hour before it will say that you have spawned too many instances, at which point you will be unable to enter ANY instaces, not even LFR. This status will go away in about 20-30 minutes, depending on how fast you moved and how many you made before you got the message. So either make it the last thing you do before logging off, or don't anticipate doing any other instance based content for 30-minutes to an hour.

Also, I think you can get Battered Hilt to drop from Northrend trash mobs as well, particularly around the... I want to say Shadow Forges? Or something like that. But, they may have changed that a while back. Check the wowhead.com entry for Battered Hilt for further details.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks Karoht, that's very useful info for me!
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I'm not sure how nasty any cc or damage the mobs in those instances will do, but you should have something like 20 or 30x the health a tank at the time would have had, and dks have great self healing.

Also, mobs in instances don't reset. Pull everything if you can, find somewhere to hide behind to los the casters, aoe it all down, and loot if possible. Clear out your bags first. If nothing else you should be making quite a bit of gold off of grays, cloth, and green trash drops.

One more thing- it may be faster to just hearth out and fly back instead of running back out, depending on the closest place you can set your hearthstone.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Since it has been brought up, I just want to reminisce that..Quel'delar, Might of the Faithful was my first epic weapon.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That was an awesome weapon, I had one too. Though my FIRST Epic Weapon was The Unstoppable Force. Man, I had some fun rampaging through battlegrounds with that evil pighammer.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

No time to play yesterday.

About Quel'Delar... I saw the battered hilt drop twice. Both times someone got it that was already on that quest.

We tried to farm it once in a group... went in an killed every thrashpack in Pit of Saron before we would engage the First Boss then go out again.

@Professions:
    The Warlock has Alchemy and Tailoring for now. A Guildmate gave me 6 netherweave bags (16slots) being Revered for Orcs and Trolls gives me another two 16slot bags.
    I have 200 Gold on the Warlock now.

@Raid:
    avoid organizes it's Raid via ingame calendar invites... apparently the invites for next ID are gone for both Krazzman and Yuvati (according to battle.net) and we declined for the ID after that.
    The time with them definitly seems over and I'll ask my wife if we transport our chars to Dethecus (a PvP Server) now.

@Goldmaking:
    So far the AH brought me around 130 Gold on Dethecus. Solely through selling woolcloth for ~40 gold (and being lucky with a blingtron that gave me a Gemstone I could sell for 70 Gold).
    Last edited by Krazzman; 2014-01-28 at 04:16 AM.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrm, well - I started doing dailies for the Netherwing today, because until I can get my ideal mount*, a Netherwing Drake would be pretty darn nice. (I'm really tired of my Imperial Quillen. It serves me well, but it just doesn't suit this character at all.)

It's very easy stuff, but I'm too lazy to spend a lot of time hunting the eggs down (If I find them, great, if not, meh), so it'll be a couple weeks before I can get Exalted with them I think. Worth it though, and it doesn't even take long, so that's nice.

Also figured out what armor I want - Conquerer's Dark Runed Battlegear Will be awhile before I can even make my attempt; but from what I've read it's definitely possible to get it. The hard part is getting the best bit... the shoulders.

*edit* I'm an idiot and must have gotten sidetracked into a seperate article, they're from Yogg-Saron not Thorim. <. .> I am dumb.

So that armor, + Quel'delar and riding an Onyx Netherdrake < ._.> I will feel stylish.

Also very much looking forward to building a Garrison come WoD. It sounds like it's rolling a lot of my favorite features from several other games into one, which is pretty cool < ._.>

*After much looking on WoWhead, I decided that someday, I'm going to try to get Invincible from the Lich King. I know it won't be anytime soon however - first I have to get enough power to actually beat him, which probably won't be soon, and then it's a very low drop chance... Worth it though. It has to be one of the two coolest looking mounts in the game for a Death Knight imo (Which makes sense given the source heh) <. .>
    Last edited by mistformsquirrl; 2014-01-28 at 11:47 AM.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    @Goldmaking:
    So far the AH brought me around 130 Gold on Dethecus. Solely through selling woolcloth for ~40 gold (and being lucky with a blingtron that gave me a Gemstone I could sell for 70 Gold).
    This is exactly the thing I'm on about when I say that gold is a waste product of having fun.

When you're max level, do Tillers' dailies to unlock all your Sunsong Ranch plots and crops. That's probably your single best source of easy money. Then head out to Timeless Isle and do the intro loop, then Path of the Mistwalker and A Timeless Question every day. The quests are fast and easy, and doing them will also net you a fair chunk of BoA timeless gear in the doing. That's 75 gold, a chunk of Timeless Coins, and a bit of Shaohao rep every day.

I've already posted the link for the Riches of Pandaria guide, but another thing you can do for handy, fun cash is to finish off all the yellow quests in all the leveling zones you didn't get to. The rewards from them will include some greens to disenchant/vendor, and between 19 and 25 gold. It's quite profitable, nets you some cheevo's, and is a heck of a lot more fun than parking in the AH running scripts.

10. - Top - End - #190

I dropped 2 battered hilts when they were new, but at the time I was raiding ICC25 and had a better weapon already. I sold them both, because they were going for 25k even then, and back then 25k was a lot more than it is now. I also helped a guildy drop one during early cata because she wanted the achieve.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Old raids aren't as profitable as they once were (especially Kara), but you can still get good chunks of gold selling transmog gear from them, and they have built-in 1-2k gold drops depending on how saturated your AH is.

Of course, the transmog gear you want from the old raid quite often is the stuff that would sell the best from it, but still. No way was I going to AH my Exalted chest piece when it finally dropped.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

When I was on an RP server, I transferred this month getting ready for WoD I made some good money (in terms of effort vs profit) selling runs for Twilight Drake/Black Drake runs, it is only 3Kish a week but minus the portal bit I soloed them without even thinking.

I think in DPS spec with the Juggernaught crystal from SoO I could solo it outright.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

So I saw this article from Blizz in my Facebook news feed today. Two different friends posted it, with totally different views of the article:

Friend 1: Blizz releases some data! Sweet, though I wish they said more.

Friend 2: Blizz confirms 90% of all WoW accounts have lapsed.

Perspective is everything, I guess.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    So I saw this article from Blizz in my Facebook news feed today. Two different friends posted it, with totally different views of the article:

Friend 1: Blizz releases some data! Sweet, though I wish they said more.

Perspective is everything, I guess.
    It's a whole lot of nothing, but it's well-illustrated nothing at least
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    It's a whole lot of nothing, but it's well-illustrated nothing at least
    It's statistics, and interesting ones. Just because it doesn't disclose financial data hardly makes it 'nothing'.

The dungeon/Battleground ratio, for example...sure, it's not useful for anything, but still a nifty thing to learn.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2014-01-28 at 04:03 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    Which also includes every free account ever created as well. Perspective really is everything.

Also, the total amount of lore was neat to see quantified. I'm a bit skeptical of that one, but often times we hear of lore in brief notes and tidbits rather than counting every last word of every last book.

And Richard Knaak was certainly a lot of bloat on that one.
    While reading Stormrage, I would occasionally turn ahead 30 pages and see if anything different was going on, if it was the same as before, turn ahead another 30. Especially any time Malfurion was doing pretty much anything in the nightmare. I swear, the last 120-200 pages, that man photocopied the same 10 pages.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

17. - Top - End - #197

I'm surprised that there are more pet battles per day than PVE and PVP instances combined. I had no idea pet battling was anywhere near that popular.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I'm surprised that there are more pet battles per day than PVE and PVP instances combined. I had no idea pet battling was anywhere near that popular.
    It hink it should be noted how quick pet battles are, especially compared to instances or battlegrounds. In the time it takes for 20 people to finish one game of Warsong Gulch, 20 Pet Battlers could have done half a dozen battles each.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

19. - Top - End - #199

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    It hink it should be noted how quick pet battles are, especially compared to instances or battlegrounds. In the time it takes for 20 people to finish one game of Warsong Gulch, 20 Pet Battlers could have done half a dozen battles each.
    Even so I would have guessed that there were maybe a couple thousand people who do pet battles every day. This seems to indicate my assumption there was way off.

20. - Top - End - #200

Even so I would have guessed that there were maybe a couple thousand people who do pet battles every day. This seems to indicate my assumption there was way off.
    For all the hate that Poke-WoW got when they announced it, lots of people do it. Heck, there are 5 people in my guild, that is all they do all day before raid, and when they are bench-warming.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    also a dungeon counts as one instance...even though it is created for five people
    extend that to raids....
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2014-01-28 at 07:01 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    also a dungeon counts as one instance...even though it is created for five people
    extend that to raids....
    Extend that to PvP, which is for 10-15-20-and 40 people.
    And take much longer to run.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2014-01-28 at 07:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Extend that to PvP, which is for 10-15-20-and 40 people.
    And take much longer to run.
    Actually double that (you have 10-15-20-40 on each side).

It would have been interesting to see the breakdown of PVE for Dungeons vs Raids.

24. - Top - End - #204

Actually double that (you have 10-15-20-40 on each side).

It would have been interesting to see the breakdown of PVE for Dungeons vs Raids.
    I would really be interested there, to see Dungeons, Raids (both sizes all difficulties) and Scenarios all broken down for us. Maybe even break down which LFR wings. That would be some really awesome data.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Level 62.
    My wife will now switch from Healing Druid to DK Tank.

Friday we will probably raid with the guys from Dethecus. They haven't downed Immerseus HC so far and we hope that it will be a good introduction to the raid as we will be raiding in 20man mode with them in WoD. Anyone knows how Crossrealm raiding works now? Do you need to be in the same realmpool or does it work regardless of server now (only difference being the region?)?
    This will only be friday and only for about 3,5 hours for now as we are still leveling DK and Warlock (druid was only a filler).

@Pet Battles... I have brought my team up to level 7. It's just not really that interesting for me atm...

EDIT:
    Wife went in as Tank. Level 68. I really hate the Durnholde dungeon now. Bossfights are still over too fast to really gauge any reasonable rotation (to learn it...)
    But we will probably only bring them up to 85, then level up Druid and DK then Hunter/Shaman or some other weird combination...
    Still no reaction from avoid so far. Even from the people in our Battle.net friendlists.
    Last edited by Krazzman; 2014-01-30 at 04:52 AM.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Ya know, I thought raising my Netherwing rep was going to be annoying... but honestly? This is pretty darned easy. Far better than raising my Borg reputation in STO for sure <@.@> (I still have dreams about farming for Omega Marks ><)
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

It's a lot easier to farm when there's not a ton of people in the zone for the daily quests, some of whom are solely farming eggs. Also I think they increased the egg spawn rate.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Spamalot in the Playground

All the old reps got accelerated IIRC, and yeah it helps when there aren't many people there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Oh right, rep gain used to depend partially on your character level relative to the level you were expected to be when doing the quest.

In BC/Wrath doing old world reps you'd get like one point for killing a mob that granted rep when you would have gotten 7 at 60 or whatever. Really slowed things down.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, good good - I'm sure I'll have a lot of other reputations I need to grind eventually too. Right now I'm just trying to get a mount I like a bit more.

Now watch - I'll get this Netherwing Drake and they'll put some perfect-for-a-DK mount in the store or something lol <;_;>
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show