New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 7: Will Work For Makeouts

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    But...they aren't white. They're colored. Because they're not colored in, in which case they would be white.
    They look fine on my computer.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

On mine it does look like they have the same blueish tint as the rest of May's face, not the actual whiteness of the other 3 panels.

I assume it means nothing though and Jeph just missed that part, that's all.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

May's acclimating quite nicely to Coffee of Doom, I'd say. Also, she makes a very good point about overly rushed yuppies and their ventimochalattes. It's just that lampshading these things in the real world has a tendency to label you with "attitude problems."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Is this a new art style I see? Hannelore certainly looks more... angular and her color palate is much brighter.

Jury is still out on my opinion of it.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Is this a new art style I see?
    Well it has been a couple of weeks.

Looks vaguely anime-ish to me. Especially the eyes.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2014-08-05 at 10:09 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Hasn't Jeph been mentioning feeling a bit out of sorts lately? I'm inclined to think that this could just be inconsistencies in the art rather than a deliberate choice.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

I personally thin the art style looks better in a way. Atleast it'd be easier to differentiate the faces if he kept it.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

8. - Top - End - #878

RogueGuy

Did anyone else pick up a bug when they visited the QC website recently? I think I got hit by something when I visited it earlier.

9. - Top - End - #879

2 days of the new art style has been weird. It's the eyes... they're sooo big. But I'm okay with everything else.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The eyes are big. Mostly though, I'm kind of scared how Hanners has breasts now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

...y'know, I think I'll just assume everybody's been replaced by AI doppelgangers for the moment.

In all seriousness though, the new art isn't bad, but it seems a bit more jarring than art transitions have in the past. I'll be interested to see what it ends up as.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    The eyes are big. Mostly though, I'm kind of scared how Hanners has breasts now.
    It feels more like the irises (irisi?) have gotten bigger not the eyes overall? And hanners did have breasts before, but yeah, they've grown. And Marbear seems to have lost weight.

I can kind of understand Marigold what with this being her first relationship and all but totally ignoring your friends is just poor etiquette. I'm curious about Hanners "asserting herself", though.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

13. - Top - End - #883
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not hugely keen on the new art style. Feels less ... accomplished ... to me.

But yes, Marigold, you need to not be rude to your friends.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

I can handle the new art. But Hanners is about to assert herself. Run for the exits. O_O

15. - Top - End - #885

Im not sure if thats a good idea hanners. First off, she has a boyfriend. her FIRST boyfriend, yeah, she is going to get carried away a bit, but its her life. I get that you miss her, but what are you going to do? Say, "Stop boinking with your boyfriend and hang out with me instead!"? Sorry, but girlie just discovered a way to unleash her hormones. I dont think you will easily win that contest of importance. Honestly, be happy for her instead of upset, and give it time. Eventually the newness will wear off and they will calm down. (Or have a massive blow up over nothing and split up)
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #886

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It feels more like the irises (irisi?) have gotten bigger not the eyes overall? And hanners did have breasts before, but yeah, they've grown. And Marbear seems to have lost weight.

I think the eye size increased slightly, but most of it is the relative iris area that has just expanded greatly into virgin territory. I can kind of understand Marigold what with this being her first relationship and all but totally ignoring your friends is just poor etiquette. I'm curious about Hanners "asserting herself", though.
    I mean, she had suggestions of some kind of chest, sure, but now there's like... individual breasts. XD Well, they do say that sex is good exercise and she has been boning constantly...

She's going to sit on Marbear. Or use horrible eldritch horrors on her.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-08-07 at 11:44 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #887

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Sorry, but girlie just discovered a way to unleash her hormones. I dont think you will easily win that contest of importance.
    I ship it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

18. - Top - End - #888
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Im not sure if thats a good idea hanners. First off, she has a boyfriend. her FIRST boyfriend, yeah, she is going to get carried away a bit, but its her life. I get that you miss her, but what are you going to do? Say, "Stop boinking with your boyfriend and hang out with me instead!"? Sorry, but girlie just discovered a way to unleash her hormones. I dont think you will easily win that contest of importance. Honestly, be happy for her instead of upset, and give it time. Eventually the newness will wear off and they will calm down. (Or have a massive blow up over nothing and split up)
    I'd point out, we're not sure exactly HOW Hanners is going to assert herself. Her horrified expression a few days ago seemed to be at May's casual assessment that Marigold and Dale would eventually get tired of each other and break up. I'm sure Hanners can be selfish; but she's seemed to be intensely loyal to her friends, more than herself. I'm wondering if she's about to lay some heavy advice on Mar-bear that she needs to STOP focusing exclusively on Dale and resume having outside interests, to reduce the chance that this, their first love, will burn itself out before they have 1,000,000 children and May manages fulfill her goal of naming one, Fighter Jet.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

God, Hanners is about as good at asserting herself as I am Good thing Marbear is not that hard to convince. However, for Hanner's sake, I guess I hope she's not going to be too graphic about it... Well, I don't think we'll see.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #890
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Given Hanners's broad voyeuristic streak, I'm not sure that this is going to be a problem. Just so long as Mar's descriptions don't get too ... squidgy.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

21. - Top - End - #891
    Troll in the Playground

I am somewhat disappointed that Hanners CAN be that selfish. Or maybe she is stealthily trying to get Marigold to be less Dale-centric as a way to slow the rate of burnout in the Mar-bear / Dale relationship. Either way, it looks like she handled this well...

22. - Top - End - #892
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    I am somewhat disappointed that Hanners CAN be that selfish. Or maybe she is stealthily trying to get Marigold to be less Dale-centric as a way to slow the rate of burnout in the Mar-bear / Dale relationship. Either way, it looks like she handled this well...
    Would it be healthy for Marigold to handle her relationships the way she was doing? I don't see this as selfishness at all.

23. - Top - End - #893

It certainly went a lot better than I expected. Marigold has been such a shut in all her life she has, up till now, shown some surprisingly little self control and the tendency to flip out easily. Im honestly surprised our favorite author avoided adding in yet another chunk of emo drama.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    I am somewhat disappointed that Hanners CAN be that selfish.
    Please explain what you mean by ‘that selfish.’ Because it just looks like her thought process was along the lines of “My friend got a boyfriend and now she doesn't seem to have time for me anymore,” which doesn't really come off as too much. Especially because Marigold was the one ignoring her and brushing her off.

Also don’t get your hopes up for an angst-free resolution; Dale might not react very well to Marigold ‘blowing him off’ to hang with Hanners. Slightly out of character for him, but I can see it happening if he spent a lot of money for concert tickets or something and/or Marigold forgets to confirm the change of plans with him and just doesn't show up.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2014-08-08 at 03:18 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, you can hardly call Hanners more than reasonable selfish here.

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    Also don’t get your hopes up for an angst-free resolution; Dale might not react very well to Marigold ‘blowing him off’ to hang with Hanners. Slightly out of character for him, but I can see it happening if he spent a lot of money for concert tickets or something and/or Marigold forgets to confirm the change of plans with him and just doesn't show up.
    Not EVERYTHING in in QC needs to lead to angst (does it?). I'm sure everything will be fine.
    Also, I'm sure Dale won't ever get concert tickets for the two of them
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    Please explain what you mean by ‘that selfish.’ Because it just looks like her thought process was along the lines of “My friend got a boyfriend and now she doesn't seem to have time for me anymore,” which doesn't really come off as too much. Especially because Marigold was the one ignoring her and brushing her off.
    Look at what Hanners is saying. "I - I - I -" and only one "We". She could have said something along the lines of "Marigold, I am VERY HAPPY for you and Dale. But it is important to take time out from constant bonking to discuss your feelings and consider your goals. And also to cool down. Wanna meet later to do that?"

While Hannelore's desire to maintain contact with her friend is understandable, she DOES kind of have to let Mar-Bear know there's something in it for her, too.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I'll say we have an early contender for thread 8's title: She doesn't even have an ovipositor.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

28. - Top - End - #898

NecromancerGuy

I'm surprised I"m saying it, but, I, for one, agree with the deranged robot.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-08-11 at 11:15 AM.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #899
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Questionable Content 8: Crisis Whine
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

30. - Top - End - #900

RogueGuy

I'm starting to wonder whether or not Jeph reads these forums and comes up with suitably insane word combinations just so we can use them as thread titles.