1. - Top - End - #7531
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Request an OotS Style Avatar XV

Can I get one of Randall Flagg?

Pictures...
    Randall Flagg
    The Walkin' Dude
    The Man in Black

Backgrounds and poses/stances don't matter to me. I just want my Randall Flagg!

Awesome Pennywise the Clown avatar made by Sneak
    Awesome Crimson King sigatar by Serpentine
    Awesome Randall Flagg sigatar by Tomb Raven

Avid fan of Stephen King

2. - Top - End - #7532
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wings_For_Wheel View Post
    Hi! Just reiterating a previous request. If anyone would like to try their hand at this they're welcome to. It's Bruce Springsteen's Born To Run cover. Here's a link to it:

http://www.vinylzart.com/cart.php?ta...ategory_id=201

Thanks in advance!
    Taken. An interesting challenge to make it fit...

-The Djinn

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

3. - Top - End - #7533
    Barbarian in the Playground

I know people are doing avatars for fun and aren't getting anything from it (excep recognition I guess), but since I've made a request a week ago, and since nobody has tried it (Zakama said he would, but finally told me he couldn't), I'd like to know if anyone else would like to give it a shot, or is it too complex or something? I sure don't mind to change stuff about the request. I don't know really whats the average time either, so maybe I'm just off.

Thanks you
    Last edited by Cynan Machae; 2008-03-03 at 06:17 PM.
    Cynan

4. - Top - End - #7534

Cynan Machae: The average time is however long it takes for someone to be interested in creating your avatar.

The Djinn knows it's not a good answer, but it is the answer. Some avatars just never get made if no one wants to make them.

That said, the Djinn thinks he can do your request. Again, quality not assured until the Djinn is back into the swing of things, but it should be at least half decent.

Also, Wing_for_Wheel's avatar is done.

It can be used as is, or I can alter the position/zoom in and cut out the end of the guitar. Fitting both on in that pose, however, required that they be a bit smaller than the Djinn would otherwise like.

Spoiler
    Show

-The Djinn

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

5. - Top - End - #7535
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    I would like an avatar of a Hell Hound, preferably one that is spewing fire while leaping at the viewer.

Thank you,

Watchdog
    I didn't see anyone had grabbed this...
    I really tired to get the whole "leaping at the viewer" thing... it really sucked.
    Feel free to use this (not quite what you were thinking... but Dachshund's are Hounds you know):

I hope someone else is working on this for you and able to get the "leaping at the viewer" thing down right.
    (and yes, I borrowed Dr Bath's approach to adding fire)

6. - Top - End - #7536
    Ogre in the Playground

Another Cataclysm of Green request:

A halfling in some sort of hide (possibly bird, with the feathers and all (not too multicolored, though)) armor standing in from of his Tych companion. Also, the halfling is holding a macuahuitl made of obsidian (the blades on the side) and bright red wood.

What a Tych is: Thing a worg crossed with a normal dog crossed with a monitor lizard crossed with a gecko. Mostly gecko, but with very canine features. No fur or anything, just scales.

Thanks in advance!
    Repost 3.

I'm not at all really concerned about the pose of either at this point. Heck, if you have some other idea for a Cataclysm of Green avatar (a Gnork Weird, maybe), I'd take that too. Whatever works, man/woman/dog/omgrobot! Have fun with it (I just want a CoG avvie!)

7. - Top - End - #7537
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cynan Machae View Post
    I know people are doing avatars for fun and aren't getting anything from it (excep recognition I guess), but since I've made a request a week ago, and since nobody has tried it (Zakama said he would, but finally told me he couldn't), I'd like to know if anyone else would like to give it a shot, or is it too complex or something? I sure don't mind to change stuff about the request. I don't know really whats the average time either, so maybe I'm just off.

Thanks you
    I'll try it! I don't know how long it will take me, though, as I have a kinda busy week ahead of me. Probably a few days. So if someone else wants to try it in the meantime feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadin View Post
    Repost 3.

I'm not at all really concerned about the pose of either at this point. Heck, if you have some other idea for a Cataclysm of Green avatar (a Gnork Weird, maybe), I'd take that too. Whatever works, man/woman/dog/omgrobot! Have fun with it (I just want a CoG avvie!)
    I tried this one, but for the life of me I couldn't get the Tych looking right. I may try just the halfling or something still, tho. I'll look more into Cataclysm of Green and see what I can do.
    Last edited by Cyclotis; 2008-03-03 at 10:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #7538

Cynan Machae, your Avatar is finished...

The Djinn is happy with the result, but MAN that took a while...The Djinn is to much of a perfectionist with armor.

Anyway, hope you like it!

Spoiler
    Show

-The Djinn

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

9. - Top - End - #7539
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey Vadin, here's your halfling! Hopefully it's satisfactory, I've never done a request before. And I didn't realize Cyclotis was doing it too... Let me know if you want any changes done!

I couldn't make the companion, I'm even more rubbish with creatures than people.

YIS

Linguini

10. - Top - End - #7540
    Pixie in the Playground

Could somebody please make me an Envy (from FullMetal Alchemist) avatar? If you need pictures just PM me.
    Thanks in advance
    Urahara avatar by artimecian

11. - Top - End - #7541
    Pixie in the Playground

Whoops. I somehow missed that djinn was working on cynan. But it looks AWESOME so i'll leave it be. And don't worry about doing the halfling, linguini. I hadn't started anything yet. I may still mess around with Cataclysm of Green stuff nevertheless, and see what I get.

12. - Top - End - #7542

Damn. The Djinn should have been more careful to claim it in an obvious manner.

If you still want to make one though, don't hesitate to do so. More avatars is never a bad thing, and the Djinn (who, in all objectivity, works fairly fast) often forgets to leave avatars for the others to make.

If this happens, either make them anyway, or give the Djinn a hearty slap and send him back to his bottle.

-The Djinn

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

13. - Top - End - #7543
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the halfling, great start BUT (isn't there always?)...

any chance it could be a little more...badass?

The expression a little meaner, the macuahuitil a little bigger, the body a bit less 'round'. These aren't your typical fat and jolly halflings, mind you.

On the topic of the Tych, would you mind sharing what you've got so far (just think a wolf crossed with a gecko)?

And for your first request, excellent, sir! Thanks!

If any more artists want to try their hand at our flavortastic CoG stuff, you're all more than welcome to post it in the main thread (see my sig)! There're lots of things that could use pictures (from half-gnome-half-orcs to cannibal dwarves to dragon-sized Rocs of Paradise, we've got everything under the Sun and more!).

14. - Top - End - #7544
    Pixie in the Playground

A badass halfling, stickfigure... Wearing feathers. I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by Linguini; 2008-03-03 at 11:47 PM.

15. - Top - End - #7545
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Cynan Machae, your Avatar is finished...

The Djinn is happy with the result, but MAN that took a while...The Djinn is to much of a perfectionist with armor.

Anyway, hope you like it!

Spoiler
    Show

-The Djinn
    Omg wow! Thanks to The Djinn then :P That is really good work.

Thansk you
    Cynan

16. - Top - End - #7546
    Pixie in the Playground

All right Vadin, attempt numbah two.

Better? Worse (somehow)?

17. - Top - End - #7547
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Linguini View Post
    A badass halfling, stickfigure... Wearing feathers. I'll see what I can do.
    Hahaha..... you really have a way with laying out the problem there, Linguini... *wipes eyes* That was well put. And yet, looking at your newer version, well drawn as well!
    Researcher Emeritus of the MitD Fan Club

A super Shoutout THANK YOU! to Cyclotis for the MitD avatar...

18. - Top - End - #7548
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwernt View Post
    I didn't see anyone had grabbed this...
    I really tired to get the whole "leaping at the viewer" thing... it really sucked.
    Feel free to use this (not quite what you were thinking... but Dachshund's are Hounds you know):
    Haha, hotdog
    I kinda grabbed it a while ago, but I took ages. No hard feelings Here's my version:

19. - Top - End - #7549
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen View Post
    Could somebody please make me an Envy (from FullMetal Alchemist) avatar? If you need pictures just PM me.
    Thanks in advance
    I shall take this, before someone else nabs it.
    I assume you want Envy in his usual form, as opposed to his true form from the series end?

20. - Top - End - #7550
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen View Post
    Thanks in advance
    Will also take a shot at it, FMA guys are hard to oots-ify, but they are cool.

Problem it, give it male or female base? you can't really know with envy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

21. - Top - End - #7551
    Ogre in the Playground

I know. And kind of claimed this one just before you.

22. - Top - End - #7552
    Pixie in the Playground

Million thanks to The Djinn! It looks incredible! Just a few minor things color wise, though: Could you maybe have the guitar be it's original color as seen here: http://www.dollclothesstore.com/Guit...S_3/GF_BS1.jpg

I'm guessing that the major problem was the black from the guitar getting lost in the black of the jacket, but I wouldn't mind having the jacket be the same color as the pants (or switching them around --> black for pants and gray for jacket might look better than both being gray).

Other than that, the only other thing would be the hair (which is black, but I don't know, maybe it's better that you lightened it up a little so it can show) and the beard. I know it's not easy to make out on the cover, but he kind of had a little beard (see these:
    http://www.photofeatures.com/brucesp...s/ppage10.html
    http://www.brucespringsteen.it/DB/de...px?code=LPAG71)

Other than that, I completely love it! You've captured the essence perfectly (and with nothing to work on but stick figures!) The postures are great! I'm probably going to be using this on a Bruce Springsteen forum as well!

P.S. I don't mind them being smaller. Just don't cut out the guitar!

23. - Top - End - #7553
    Pixie in the Playground

Oops, double post!
    Last edited by Wings_For_Wheel; 2008-03-04 at 10:31 AM.

24. - Top - End - #7554
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    I know. And kind of claimed this one just before you.
    There is no "claim", every maker that wants take a shot.

For example like 5 people took at shot at my original avatar (why before I begun drawing my own.) and I took the best one.

Basic rule in helping new guys-the more, the better. let the people choose what avatar they like best.

Now, the idea I got is to use a boobless female shape, that should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

25. - Top - End - #7555
    Orc in the Playground

Heya forumites, long time no see! Uh... Speak... Type? Anyhoo, I be lookin' for one of you ever so kind, talented avatarists to make me a new avatar. Specifically speaking, an avatar of either Jon Amraphel or Sarine Elle from Errant Story. If going with Jon, I would prefer him to have his hair in a ponytail, and not have his lower-face mask. Possibly gun drawn?
    (But again, minus the mask).
    If Sarine (and this is up to the particular artist that finds this commission inspiring) then I would prefer her in armour with short(ish) hair, but really, whatever you feel is best, go with! Maybe a robe? Many thanks to anyone that feels this is interesting. Sorry to waste your time if that is not the case!

26. - Top - End - #7556
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leper_Kahn View Post
    Hello!

I've taken up breakdancing and I'd like my avatar to reflect this aspect of my life. I'd like my avatar to be of an OotS figure in jeans and a T-Shirt doing a one-hand stand.

This is just an example. It isn't something to stick to, but I like it. (Note, I like the placement of the shoe pattern facing the camera, but again not required.)
    I didn't see this got snagged... So I did it, both with and without the back ground (to be honest, I like my background better than the breakdancer)

27. - Top - End - #7557
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Headless_Ninja View Post
    Heya forumites, long time no see! Uh... Speak... Type? Anyhoo, I be lookin' for one of you ever so kind, talented avatarists to make me a new avatar. Specifically speaking, an avatar of either Jon Amraphel or Sarine Elle from Errant Story. If going with Jon, I would prefer him to have his hair in a ponytail, and not have his lower-face mask. Possibly gun drawn?
    (But again, minus the mask).
    If Sarine (and this is up to the particular artist that finds this commission inspiring) then I would prefer her in armour with short(ish) hair, but really, whatever you feel is best, go with! Maybe a robe? Many thanks to anyone that feels this is interesting. Sorry to waste your time if that is not the case!
    I'll try this. I think I'll go for the female person, that armour looks fun to draw.

EDIT: Here you go, PM me if you want to make any changes;

Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2008-03-04 at 03:31 PM.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

28. - Top - End - #7558
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Linguini View Post
    All right Vadin, attempt numbah two.

Better? Worse (somehow)?
    Thanks!
    [Shameless promotion]
    Again, the CoG thread linked to in my sig is full of things that could use similarly excellent artists!
    [/Shameless promotion]

29. - Top - End - #7559
    Orc in the Playground

Whoa, Bisected8, that's pretty good! (Well, very very very good, in fact), and completed incredibly quickly too! Thanks, and thanks again! I love the look of the armour, and the knife tucked into the belt... Brilliant! Once again, my thanks.
    Last edited by Headless_Ninja; 2008-03-04 at 04:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #7560
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Headless_Ninja View Post
    Whoa, Bisected8, that's pretty good! (Well, very very very good, in fact, and completed incredibly quickly too! Thanks, and thanks again! I love the look of the armour, and the knife tucked into the belt... Brilliant! Once again, my thanks.
    You're welcome.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)