New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LVIII: URFworld

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Wait, why not?
    I'm also interested in that because while AD carries late game will be able to punch through heavily armored tanks and take them down after a few seconds of focus fire, and Quinn has a very good dueling set, I still figure that this is exaggerated.

In other news:
    Spoiler: My waifu is the greatest
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Was wondering why I got a bit of extra IP from my FWotD. Theres a double IP weekend this weekend.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

3. - Top - End - #513
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    I'm also interested in that because while AD carries late game will be able to punch through heavily armored tanks and take them down after a few seconds of focus fire, and Quinn has a very good dueling set, I still figure that this is exaggerated.
    Withur calls it; I am exaggerating ADCs' ability to cut through tanks.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

So, I was mucking around in teambuilder, and then.... this happened!
    Spoiler
    Show

4v5 too, Udyr hasn't connected all game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Anytime someone tries to bring real-world physics into a RWBY discussion, Blake kills them in self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastoulio
    VERILY, TOP LANE SHALL BE GUARDED BY A VALIANT KNIGHT,
    YEA, MIDDLE LANE SHALL BE OCCUPIED BY A WIZARD,
    I SAY UNTO THEE, A TEAM SHALL HAVE ONE WOODSMAN TO PATROL THE FOREST,
    FINALLY, AN ARCHER OF PENULTIMATE SKILL SHALL GO TO THE BOTTOM LANE, ACCOMPANIED ONLY BY HIS SQUIRE

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Dear supports and (secondarily) other team members:

I am a patient rat. I know support can be rough, I've played it, so I'll compromise. I will not complain if you put me in solo bot so you can have duo bot and a jungler (or more realistically, so no one needs to support). I will support your ADC Sona as Jinx. I will even, if you picked Syndra after mid was taken and have nowhere to go, go 0CS for you. But if you pick Karma with Edge start, hide in the bushes doing nothing all match, and only step out (sometimes with Flash) to steal a kill I got alone or take a wave out from under me with R-Q, while insulting me all the while and doing nothing but stacking Chalices, then malaria help me, I will be quite cross. Just give me a solo lane. Have mercy.

Even the IP gains aren't worth it. I'll just stop playing for a while, I think. And this when I play what I'm told to exclusively, too (the times I pick support, I get Akalis and Zeds all the way).
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Picking up the trend of writing letters:

Dear Gold IV Players,

where have you been all my life?

---

It's like I've emerged from a hell I never realized I was in. I get into Gold IV and just stop losing. Even when I go 0-4'Gath in lane, the enemy Renekton plays nice and just stays top with me, farming away and letting my Yi/Ezreal get kill after kill until he's become nigh useless for his team (itemizing MR didn't help him when he had to deal with Yi and Ezreal's damage instead of mine).

All I had to do was QW their carries (which I did) and tank tower shots, which I didn't need much gold for.

I'm now in my promos for Gold III. I just got here and now I'm already shooting out again. It reminds me of my insane win streak last summer, but back then I was in Silver III, so it made more sense.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2014-04-26 at 01:20 PM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: NA LCS Promo: XDG v LMQ
    Show
    Dominate first two games by LMQ, with XiaoWeiXiao getting some beautiful Ori ults off. XDGs switching things up and going for a poke comp in Game 3 so lets see if they can stage a major comeback or if LMQ waltzes into the LCS.

Edit: Nope. I'm looking forward to seeing where LMQ ends up ranking in the summer split. They looked solid this series and hopefully they can bring enough competition to raise the level of play in NA.
    Last edited by Farix; 2014-04-26 at 04:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farix View Post
    Spoiler: NA LCS Promo: XDG v LMQ
    Show
    Dominate first two games by LMQ, with XiaoWeiXiao getting some beautiful Ori ults off. XDGs switching things up and going for a poke comp in Game 3 so lets see if they can stage a major comeback or if LMQ waltzes into the LCS.
    Spoiler: XDG v LMQ
    Show
    Man. That was an absolutely BRUTAL series. I expected XDG to lose the series, but they didn't even show up for these games. They were never even close to LMQ.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-04-26 at 04:53 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Spoiler: XDG v LMQ
    Show
    Man. That was an absolutely BRUTAL series. I expected XDG to lose the series, but they didn't even show up for these games. They were never even close to LMQ.
    Spoiler: XDG v. LMQ
    Show
    There was a moment in the third game where they had a strong advantage. If Ryze had been just a bit safer and able to hold the top turret through that jungle gank while XDG got dragon, I think they'd have been in a good spot. Also, that double turret trade was a horrible plan. XDG had the team that wanted laning phase to continue forever, as their champs were way better in a lategame scenario.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

This was going to happen eventually, but I'm glad it did.
    Spoiler
    Show

My obsession is complete now.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-04-27 at 01:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    This was going to happen eventually, but I'm glad it did.

My obsession is complete now.
    Two quadras today for me (on Jinx), but no pentas. Gratz man.

Speaking of Jinx, my win rate is still 90% after 20 games... I've literally only lost games when the enemy team has Caitlyn. I don't understand anything any more
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2014-04-27 at 03:25 AM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Two quadras today for me (on Jinx), but no pentas. Gratz man.
    I've been playing this game since LeBlanc's release and I never had a penta. Quadras on numerous champions including Ezreal, Shaco, jungle Alistar (with full support items because that was season 2 jungle) and jungle Rammus, but never a penta. Such is life in the support/jungle zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Speaking of Jinx, my win rate is still 90% after 20 games... I've literally only lost games when the enemy team has Caitlyn. I don't understand anything any more
    Well she's safe and has no losing matchups against other AD carries so I'd imagine that while she outpokes you early and runs from danger with her net and traps you get killed because you're poor dashless Jinx. Or something.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

I have had one Penta with Ez. Used to have the file from LoL recorded with the game on it too but lost it in a hard drive crash.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Closest I have to a 'proper' one (read: PVP, not bots) is my first time playing Cassiopeia, where I got a penta, not to mention 23 kills in 11:27 (the time it took us to win). It was ARAM, though, and I'm given to understand that that doesn't count for anything. Sure surprised me, though. Given all I heard about how difficult Cass is, I expected it to be a disaster (of course, she is really good on that map).

Edit: I'm considerably more proud of a postmortem triple kill (resulting in a double ace) on Twisted Treeline as Singed.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2014-04-27 at 11:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been playing this game since LeBlanc's release and I never had a penta. Quadras on numerous champions including Ezreal, Shaco, jungle Alistar (with full support items because that was season 2 jungle) and jungle Rammus, but never a penta. Such is life in the support/jungle zone.
    Majority of my penta kills have been out of the jungle. It's always rather entertaining when it happens.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

Well she's safe and has no losing matchups against other AD carries so I'd imagine that while she outpokes you early and runs from danger with her net and traps you get killed because you're poor dashless Jinx. Or something.
    Okay, I lied. I understand completely why I lose to Caitlyn. I don't understand why I never lose to anybody else (though not for lack of trying, at least a few games I've wound up 4/8 ish and been carried by the rest of the team and/or capitalizing on enemy throws)

And if we're all comparing pentas (again), I have one on SR that's made it into the thread before but I can't remember it for the life of me. Three ARAMs in pre-rework AP Yi, pre-rework Sivir (at level 4), and pre-nerf Jayce.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2014-04-27 at 12:34 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Withur calls it; I am exaggerating ADCs' ability to cut through tanks.
    Relevant to this conversation is a game I just played as Quinn top, where I fought a Taric top with telleport. Hilarity and several kills ensued. Was a terribly annoying lane though once time went on and he stacked nothing but armor armor and more armor.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Colossus in the Playground

Armorstacked Taric is absurd vs. an all-AD team. Hell, even just the aura becomes a significant midgame factor let alone all the other bull**** he has to play around with.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Armorstacked Taric is absurd vs. an all-AD team. Hell, even just the aura becomes a significant midgame factor let alone all the other bull**** he has to play around with.
    Too bad his solo laning is less than stellar and he gets completely destroyed in bot lane by current FOTM picks (Morgana in particular).

20. - Top - End - #530
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xpecial benched.

21. - Top - End - #531

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Xpecial benched.
    Wait wut.

I was coming here to say that Nien was actually a pretty decent toplaner, and I'm sad to see him go. It'll be interesting to see how CLG fills that hole; the thing about Nien is that he could play damn near anything, do fine in laning, and then come in for a big impact in teamfights. I'm more than a little unsure about where CLG goes from here.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Xpecial benched.
    Allegedly it was not due to performance, but a 'management' issue (apparently on his stream he said it was 'attitude').

Translation - he did/said something stupid or had a personality conflict with somebody else on the team after their loss to C9, and he was the more expendable.

Rumors are that GleebGlarbu is set to replace him.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-04-28 at 09:50 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

23. - Top - End - #533

According to Reginald it was due to attitude, and was decided after discussing the issue with his team.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

From what I have seen the attitude issue was not taking lol playing as a job. He was bored of LoL, so was mixing in other games instead of spamming soloQ ect. He was playing well, doing the team scrims ect, but not going that extra mile.

Regi quote
    Xpecial was benched because of his attitude. After hearing feedback from the entire team, I made the decision to bench him. In this period of time, I hope that he will refocus and review his actions. League of legends is a team game; just because you have the best players on a team does not mean you have the best team.

I have always made my roster decisions based on the entire team's feedback and would never make a business decision because of personal reasons. I truly believe that everything I do is to benefit TSM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    Regi quote
    it's pretty easy just to link sources for both the reginald and xpecial statements, not to mention pretty much anything else. a lot of posts around here have neglected to do so lately and the resultant posts tend not to be particularly high-quality.

anyways, in news that actually matters:

frost 3-1'd SKT T1 K in NLB :D #CJfighting
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2014-04-28 at 11:42 AM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone knows what happened to Hai? He won't be going to the All Stars.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    he has a collapsed lung via C9's manager

28. - Top - End - #538
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Collapsed lung

have not seen a detailed source beyond here

*edit*
    See, thats why you dont source, you get ninja'd
    :)
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2014-04-28 at 11:47 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, I saw the pic on twitter, but he didn't explain anything (or maybe I missed it). Best wishes for him though, hopefully he will recover soon.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

what do people think of having Fiddle's drain allow him to move and ignore unit collision while channeling? I feel like it would look cool (sort of like being tethered to a demented doll kite) and really help the pre6 ganks of any one trying to jungle with him, and it seems like he could use something fun after the fear nerf, so I thought I'd bounce the idea off people (not that I could do anything about it either way).