New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Crawling Pubs, Not Dungeons [IC Thread]

----

It's a rare day that disaster doesn't strike in the Broken City. Would be fair to say it's waiting around any corner you care to name; In the hodge-podge maze of leaning hovels and rounded clay houses, in the open bazaars filled with bustling motion and the calls of merchants desperate to unload today and be gone on the winds tomorrow -before anyone figures out they've been cheated- and in the grand marble estates, where gold and masterful art are splashed across the walls as trophies. Look, at what I have! See, that I've survived, that I have conquered!

There are people who go their whole lives peacefully, of course. No city could survive without them, the honest folk who go to work at dawn and come home battered and beaten down with exhaustion. Pebbles on the bottom of the riverbed, below the current's vicious pull. It's those who lift their heads up who see the city's more vicious face - and if they're not devoured by it, they'll soon be entirely familiar with danger.

Just the way things are around here, they'll tell you. Best not worry about it too much.

But there's still there comes, now and then, the sight that's too strange for even the most jaded city-dweller to take in stride. Something like a black dragon tearing it's way out the Alchemist's Guild chapterhouse on Rosebar Way and rampaging down the block, weeping eerie blue flames from between it's scales. Something like that gets attention, especially when that dragon manages to make itself vanish before the guards arrive. And so the wheels begin to turn.

A dung-wagon attendant becomes rich, selling the story of how he saw the dragon slip down one of the gutters (You'd never believe your eyes, squeezed itself down like it was rubber), a drunk alchemist spills something he shouldn't have to an inquisitive ear (Cost a fortune shipping in the egg, the liver alones worth more than me) and the very next day, the walls of the city are plastered with promises of fame and wealth for wouldbe dragonslayers. Guild of Coin promises five thousand for the head, but the Tanners'll give ten for the whole hide. Blacksmiths churn out spears and shields at the double, the Alchemists make back what they've lost selling 'dragonproof' fire ointment.

So it goes. Tomorrow a newly rich man will be counting his coins, and some other fellow will have gotten the sharp end of the stick. Tomorrow, there'll be some other prize to fight for.

Today though? Today is a very bad day to be a dragon.

Today, sodden refuse squishes under your boots as you trudge through the Grotto, poking at suspicious looking lumps floating along the little rivers of who-knows-what and who-wants-to-know. Today isn't a bright day for your dignity, or your nose. It might yet be a good day for your pocketbook, but all the other rats are out in force, gangs of mercenaries calling down the tunnels in coded lingo as they sweep through for any sign of the vanishing dragon. As ever, there's more who want the prize than can have it. And down here or up there, it's all the same; Do or die.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-04-14 at 12:21 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Crawling Pubs, Not Dungeons [IC Thread]

IDIOTS! Mavra rushes down the Coroner's Halls of the Necropolis' halls.
    Ooh, I see a dragon, so I'll better grab a sharp and pointy stick to see if I can bring it down with my 4 friends. No that I have special talents per se, but gotta take some risk no? I know common sense has left this city for the greater part, but this is just plain stupid. Trying to jump it in an alleyway? Were they trying to rob it instead? Ugh! Well, on the bright side, the dragon has at least turned the bodies partially into charcoal anyway, so this should be quick.

Once in her own exam room she unpacks her tools, dons her surgical mask and apron and starts to work.

Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone want to join me because you brought the bodies in, feel free to do jump in and talk back. Else I'll have an assistant to *ahem* squick.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Viktor smirks and follows Mavra, keeping pace with the woman though seeming to put forth far less effort.

Now now, dear sister... He said calmingly, The more of them that jump down the beast's throat, the more powerful it will be when WE get to it, no? He chuckled. And the more powerful the beast, the more useful for us... He finished, then began to look around the piles of melted and burned corpses for any bits not picked clean by the vulture-like peasants that bring these kinds of things in.
    "Entaris is a walking dynamo of chaos. Wherever he shows up, people take aggravated." -Acanous

"The starting condition for this game is alone and lost in the woods. Not driving your lion-drawn chariot through the thick forest during a thunderstorm." -Jakarta

Good Luck. Have Fun. Much Explosion.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Mavra eyes Viktor suspiciously...

And did you think of what would happen if the Council started to outsource things regarding the dragon hm? Anyway, whith all these half burned corpses I can only hope to make them into skeletons for our esteemed clients. *sigh* Well, let's see if we can make some money today.

Spoiler: regarding the job at hand
    Show
    I'd like to know how crispy the bodies are and if I can sell them to some aspiring necromancer when treated with my corpsecrafter feat... I'd say 8 bodies, half of the money goes to the Necropolis...
    Last edited by Socratov; 2014-04-14 at 02:36 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Viktor chuckled again, And where would they outsource them, my dear Mavra, that We would not profit from it? He suggested, looking bemused, And if you are unpleased with the state of these bodies...heh, well, these tunnels ARE quite long...and dark. So VERY fraught with dangers... He added slyly.
    Last edited by Entaris; 2014-04-14 at 04:19 AM.
    "Entaris is a walking dynamo of chaos. Wherever he shows up, people take aggravated." -Acanous

"The starting condition for this game is alone and lost in the woods. Not driving your lion-drawn chariot through the thick forest during a thunderstorm." -Jakarta

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

You know, for someone who actually knows my family's history and who has been to my home many a time you are awfully optimistic over your control of the situation. Bad luck is always just waiting around the corner. There is a reason people down here call it Faust's Law: "when you think it can't go wrong, it horribly does". I suggest you get your head in order and visit that buddy of yours to make sure we keep on getting a steady supply of information on what's happening...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Viktor simply chuckled again at his confidant's ire, Yes, but when you business is profitting off things going horribly wrong, then you stand to succeed either way He jibed, then swung a deep bow, I shall most certainly make my contacts aware of your urgency

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Good.

Now go do whatever it is you do. I need to concentrate to make something of these human sized briquettes
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh verily, Mistress of the Dead. I shall see thee on the morrow then. Usual place, though this meeting promises to be MUCH more eventful. Viktor smirked as he turned on his heel and wandered towards the location of his favorite toady, informant and go-fer.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Kurtahk

I'm supposed to be negotiating for a cargo of spices right now, Kurtakh grumbled under his breath. Since selling his sector in the Grotto, every venture that the miniature dragon had tried had turned to nothing -- nothing ruinous, not yet anyway, but nothing profitiable either. And now this?

Rather than conceal his identity, as he usually did, today Kurtahk strode down the middle of the street, with his hood thrown back. If I skulk in the shadows today, some sharpshooter will spot one scale, and have an arrow in it before he even sees the color. To think, I'm hoping that some ignorant human mistakes me for lizardfolk -- the heights I've risen to.

It had been a long morning already, and the day was just starting. The would-be trader had been all over the slums, collecting information, and the younger Children. Messages had been flying back and forth among his cousins. Now, with all the younglings safe at Wentahk's Horde, he had business below to attend to. Kurtahk's ridge spines stood up as he thought his cousin's name. She had a tiny inn that served the less human clientele of Aldernac, and two perfectly symmetric rows of golden scales that ran down either side of her spine. Ahh, stop thinking about that. There is business to be done. Family business. Time enough to wallow in my sinfulness later.

He snapped out of his reverie just in time to slip into the proper tunnel. This one would take him to Grotto sector 424, and his cousin Maltahk. If I have to lead some fleshies to kill our kinsman, I might as well choose some that are not far from the trail. Maltahk, would be safe enough remaining in the Grotto, thanks to his Orcish henchmen. Cousin Mal should have a good idea which fleshies in the grotto would be able to handle this job.

Still, the order from Undercity gave him pause. Drowning ungifted throwbacks was one thing. That was an unquestionable kindness. It would be a pity to let them live out their substandard lives. But this kinsman had proven himself capable and true in his escape. Couldn't he be brought to serve the Secret Hiss? Dammit Kur, it is not our place to question. My mind is growing soft with doubt. I must harden my faith like scales beneath the sun. His ridge spines wilted again, and Kur strode the rest of the way to 424.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Amalgam's was hotter than usual thanks to the swarming mass of people in the front room of his shop. Frenzied events like these were, in his mind, bad for business contrary to what most would think. The scrambling masses searching for their ticket out of the slums didn't seem to understand his view that quality is better than quantity. The publicity that he "wasn't able to meet orders" was unwelcome at best, when in truth he simply wouldn't lower his standards to pump out a hundred spears that would snap on a wooden shield. The fact that a few bottles inevitably broke or went missing added to the insult. Perhaps he should institute a policy of only 2-3 customers in the shop at a time and the rest can form an orderly line outside...

Despite this, some of the patrons in the shop had a genuine desire for quality dragonslaying equipment, and he offloaded a few excess blades that had been crafted during a slow season instead of to order like usual. At the end of the day, however, his shop was a mess, 9 potions were stolen, and someone ripped the bell above the door off because it “annoyed him.” Someone had even wandered upstairs to his personal space. Unthinkable. Frustrated at yet another setback and most of the day’s profits being needed for repairs and replacements, Amalgam decided to close up shop for a couple days. Instead of forging someone else’s weapons, perhaps he would try his hand at using them. He’d never seen a dragon and this one seemed particularly unique compared to what he'd read. Imagine what he could do with the hide were he to vanquish the beast, not to mention the coin!

Not entirely certain where to start, Mal collected some equipment and followed the rumors to Garbage Grotto, searching for his small, dragon-like friend Kurtahk. Surely he would have some insight into the movements of his kin. It seemed as good a place to start as any...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Seemingly untouched by the dank mess of the undercity, Viktor drifted down the myriad tunnels with a kind of instinct quite apart from the normals he had to parley with upstairs. Indeed, he'd been born far, far deeper than this, in a far far darker place, so this was nothing. A thought occurring to him, he flicked his fingers through a series of simple runes in the air in front of his face, picturing the visage of one of his favored shopkeepers.

Amalgam, my friend. I may have need of more than simple items today...

13. - Top - End - #13

Dragons! Jade hated dragons. Loathsome reptiles that thought they were better then everybody else. Jade thought as she followed not quite in the same hurry to met this dragon. Today Jade had decided to wear her favorite disguise a particularly attractive red head with green eyes. This body called herself "Rose." Jade as Rose has been following and listening to the conversation. This side job is going to be a killer.... Hopefully not literately so.

So anyone have any thoughts on what we are going to do when we actually meet up with this dragon. I for one would not like to end up like those poor bastards in the river.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

Under the Red Sky Pathfinder e6

My homebrew:

Stormageddon's Pathfinder/E6... P6 Compendium

(PF) Mistborn, Allomancer

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

"You know," Llarimar remarked to his assistant, "I have come to the conclusion that all of humanity is fundamentally stupid."

Llarimar's deft hands stab the needle into the man's chest, quickly binding up the loose flap of skin. "My theory is that it comes from our intelligence. I mean, you don't see a dog running off and attacking a bear, but this man here," Llarimar continues stitching with one hand as he waves with his other, "Goes off and attacks a gods-damned dragon! Unarmed! Pass me some antiseptic, will you? Nasty acid burns.

As the priest begins wrapping yarrow-soaked bandages around the unconscious man's body, he barely pauses in his rant. "But this stupid oaf here, I believe, is still far smarter than the "genius" alchemist who had the brilliant idea to bring a dragon egg into the city! I swear, if I get my hands on that man, he'll fear for his hide!"

Tying the bandages together in a simple knot, Llarimar stands up. "Come on, I heard there was a fight near the undertown. You coming?"

A bit less than an hour later, and with no assistant, an annoyed Llarimar stands in front of a massive sewage grate. They want to chase a dragon down there? Well, I'll clean up afterwards.

Slowly, the priest pops the grate open and climbs down, calling out, "Healer coming through!"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Amalgam, Garbage Grotto

Mal walks through the dingy streets of the Grotto avoiding the puddles, not for fear of water, but what lurks within some of them. It took ages to repair that melted foot. Quite an awkward position to work in too. He frequently wondered what scent this part of town carried. That, above all else, he wished he could emulate as it seemed an intriguing way to interact with his surroundings.

He continued on to Sector 424, Kurtahk's old grounds. That seemed a logical place to find him. As he walked, one of the grates leading down from the surface popped open ahead, and out crawled a thin human dressed in clerical garments.

"Good day, brother Llarimar. Please watch your step. The puddles are sizzling today with the run-off from the alchemist's guild. Or perhaps dragon bile. Either way, your feet are much more difficult to replace." His voice is deep and mechanical with a halting speech pattern that has become far more natural as he's aged but is still a bit off. "I calculate a seventy-eight percent chance you are here to repair bodily damage caused by the dragon. Is that correct?"
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2014-04-16 at 11:40 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Mavra; Croner's Halls, Necropolis

So... That's four lumps of charcoal, roasted and ready. Still their skeletons were intact enough to be modified.

RODNEY!

where is that wretched creature

RODNEY!

Rodney scuffles in

Rodney, here are the files on the bodies, and get the 'clients' to our *ahem* 'client'.

Now, if you don't mind taking care of the logistics I'll be going out for today. Oh, and if victor is coming to see me tell him I'm at home.

Mavra cleans her tools and stacks them away in her robe. She takes off her mask and apron and steps outside. Once outside she moves to her home for a nice bath and some tea.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

17. - Top - End - #17

HalflingPirate

Kurtahk, Grotto

Kurtahk was doing his best to remain a safe distance behind the large figure up ahead. The creature's gait was erratic, and Kurtahk had no intention of interfering with a drunk dragon hunter. He stopped completely when another creature joined the first, and then that voice. There was no mistaking that voice. The scales on his forelimbs rustled as Kurtahk cracked a smile. Looking for one Mal, I find another. The old warforged shopkeeper was one of the few non-Children that Kurtahk was honestly fond of. When he had cause to visit, they often talked for hours -- talked about what the city used to be like, and the idiosyncrasies of the fleshies. (Kurtahk knew deep down, that to Mal, he was a fleshy as well, but humans and demihumans had taken umbrage at being called skinbags, so he had long ago taken up the Warforged manner of speech.)

Kurtahk also recognized the name of the newcomer. Llarimar was well known in the slums for his willingness to heal anyone. The Children had benefited from his kindness on more than one occasion. The family did not entirely trust that his motivations were quite as pure as he claimed, But sometimes the alternative to involving an outsider is worse. I suppose this is one of those occasions as well.

Mal! What are you doing down here? Are you looking for an excuse for another new foot?
    He hurried to catch up with the pair.

Spoiler: Mal
    Show
    We are actually on the sewer levels, or in the Grotto. The Undercity is much farther down.
    Last edited by dextercorvia; 2014-04-16 at 09:13 AM.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: @dexter
    Show
    Oops, I misspoke. Fixed, thanks!

Mal turns clunkily, his head moving to the edge of its range of motion followed by his body, and then straightening out as Kurtahk comes into view. He could see out of any of the many crystals protruding from his body but had learned to face "front" before speaking to someone to avoid unnecessary insult.

"Greetings Kurtahk. It is awkward to forge new feet, so I do not seek an excuse. I do seek you, however. Being part dragon, you are familiar with where the alchemists' dragon may be hiding, correct? It has cost me a day's work and I shall acquire the reward as reparations." He turns back to Llarimar in the same head-body-straighten motion as before. "Brother Llarimar, perhaps you should accompany us as the casualties will be more concentrated near the dragon's location. This benefits all." The massive artificial man waits for a response, swaying ever so slightly back and forth attempting to look natural. If you watch him long enough you notice a pattern of movement repeat itself.

19. - Top - End - #19

Llarimar, Grotto
    Llarimar turns to look at the newcomer, leaning on his staff. "Hello... Kurak, was it? Always a pleasure to meet one of your kind. How you survive in this ghetto, I have no idea, but you truly are remarkable."

Upon hearing the mechanical man's words, Llarimar's ever judgemental mouth slides into a frown. "I am here to heal and to protect, not to cause harm. I am no dragon hunter. But I will come with you, if only to protect you from yourself."

Slowly, Llarimar begins picking his way down the tunnel, using his staff to scan the ground in front of himself. Craning his eyes to peer through the dark, Llarimar coughs. "I don't suppose either of you two has a torch?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I simply meant mending people brings you pleasure, and there are many nearer the dragon that need mending. You will be happy there."

Mal peruses the ground around them, collects a stick, wraps it in some ragged cloth and dips it in one of the more dubious puddles near them. Grating his arms against each other sends a small shower of sparks upon the makeshift torch and sets it ablaze as he hands it to Llarimar.

"Do not step in that puddle," he says, pointing his mace at the bluish liquid.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm using an actual torch, just fluffing it for fun.
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2014-04-16 at 03:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

HalflingPirate

Kurtahk, Grotto

It is Kurtahk, healer. I'm not sure exactly what your meaning is. I survive by not dying, the same as anyone. Still, I welcome your presence. Not-dying near a dragon, even a young one is not always easily managed.

The kobold shaded his eyes as Amalgam lit the makeshift torch. The light did not bother him as some of his more distant cousins, but the transition was something he did not relish.

It is not quite so simple as you say, but I do have some information on where the dragon went. We need to pass through the Grotto and head east. There are some tunnels there that head below. Since it could not escape above, it most likely went deeper.Kurtahk gestured at his scales. The sooner this dragon is gone, the better it will be for me. Some people have a tendency to jump to conclusions.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

HalflingPirate

Kurtahk, Grotto Section - 428

They were in the Grotto now. Occasionally Kurtahk would flash his Section 424 badge, as they winded their way to his cousin. Fewer than usual were picking today The whole city has gone mad. Why does a picker think he can become a slayer? he whispered to his companions. Section 428 was a different story. 428 was managed by some group of necromancers, it was almost impossible to say which one. But, it was managed quite efficiently. There were dozens of mindless undead combing through the refuse. If you watched carefully, you could see this skeleton only picked up small metal objects, this one only wood, etc. There were designated receptacles for each skeleton. When one receptacle was 3/4 full, a team of four zombies would pick it up and cart it through a portal. Organic waste was even gathered for composting.

Kurtahk gave that section boundary a wide berth. 428 didn't need guards. Anything that wandered in was quickly processed into its component parts. Except for a small clearly marked office area near the portal along the south boundary, everything within the section was fair game.
    Last edited by dextercorvia; 2014-04-20 at 08:52 PM. Reason: dangling , but
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Mavra, Mavra's House
    So I need this dragon, or rather the Ignum needs it, I just want it for a pet.

Mavra paces around

Rumours say it's gone into the Grotto now. As soon as Viktor is back...

Quote Originally Posted by Entaris View Post
    Having no luck getting in touch with his contact, Viktor quickly bored of wandering around the dirt tunnels and headed back towards the direction of his confidant once more, hoping she had cooled off a bit.
    Coming!

Mavra opens the door of her family home.

Ah, Viktor! Just the man I wanted to see. Listen, whatever you say, I think it's high time to take matters into our own hands. We Ignum Infernum . Luckily I know where the Necropolis' exit into the Grotto is.

Why are you looking at me funny? I know I was a bit cranky this morning, but how would you feel to be up way too early in the morning to review some human briquettes? I'm done now and ready to pick up my pet. Coming? The game, Viktor, is on!

Mavra gathers her belongings and walks out of the door towards Grotto Section 428, better known as the garbage section of the Necropolis.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

24. - Top - End - #24

Jade

The biggest man that Jade had been following turned to face Jade. The five others in the party turn with looks of amusement on their faces indicating that as group they thought this question was some how funny.

We don't need a plan Rose. We find it. We poke it with out weapons. It dies. We get paid. That's the plan.

Jade only works with the finnest of dragon chew toy.

Yes but it can't be that simple. I mean dragon's are smart they aren't just going to sit there while to jab it with weapons.

The big man starts looking annoyed.

Listen its not going to have a choice. We kill things; that's what we do.

Jade sighs being a mercenary tended not to bring one in contact of intelectual kind. If there was a plan to be had it would be up to Jade to come up with it; that is if they would listen to her.

The Grotto was a wonderfully interesting place. Jade stops for a moment to look at a zombie work crew trying to scope the bodies out of the river. No doubt to bring back to their masters for reanimation.

The contracts held by some in the grotto lasted beyond the normal life span of an average human. The Grotto's master didn't let a little thing like death get in the way of a contracts being fulfilled. What was more interesting was that people would actually agree to such terms, but times were tough all around. People tended to do get despert. Some would do anything for a gold coin....

Jade let's out a short laugh!

Just like her. Why else would she be on this fool mission.

The realization brings Jade out of deep thoughts. She looks around.

No sign of her assocaites on the this mission!

Why does this always happen to her!?
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

Under the Red Sky Pathfinder e6

My homebrew:

Stormageddon's Pathfinder/E6... P6 Compendium

(PF) Mistborn, Allomancer

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Viktor grinned as Mav explained herself, now the typical temperament he had come to admire. He stepped out of the way as she took the lead, hand resting lightly on the pommel of his Quickblade, and casually followed after.

Ah, yes, about that. Would it be possible for one of my...allies to take up residence inside the empty husk of your pet once we have it? Would fetch fine favor for such a gift I believe...and I have a plan to get us into a most lucrative position...

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Mavra, Necropolis Quarter, on their way to the Grotto

Well, I wouldn't mind, I mean as long as I get my pet and it knows how to behave like one I'm fine really... Now hurry up!

Necropolis Garbage Disposal Unit

Now we just need to move through the office and we're in the Grotto.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

27. - Top - End - #27

HalflingPirate

Kurtahk, Grotto Section 428 1/2

The skeleton crew was mesmerizing, but unusual activity at the portal broke Kurtahk's concentration. He looked around to make sure he had not been left behind, and noticed a girl not far away that didn't look like any picker he had ever seen. Young lady, are you lost? The Grotto is not safe for those who are not used to its ways. Do be careful. My companions and I have other business to attend to, but I could point the nearest exit to you. I'll escort you there for a small price.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Mavra, Grotto section 428 1/2
    As Mavra walk out of the booth into the Grotto she sees Kurtahk approach her. She eyes him suspiciously, noting his scales but with the dragon bits absent.

Hm... I see you have the scales of one, without actually being one. I take it you're looking for the dragon like the rest of this city?
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

29. - Top - End - #29

Llarimar, Grotto section 428 1/2
    Llarimar lets out a massive laugh, coughing and bending over. "Yes, by all means escort this helpless young lady from the dangerous depths of the grotto."

Turning to Marva, Llarimar bows slightly, still wheezing a bit. "Yeah, they're after the dragon. I intend to clean up after their mess- I assume you're the same sort of suicidal?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Mavra, Grotto Section 428 1/2

Llarimar! Fancy seeing you here. Oh, and I'm never suicidal, I'm just in the market for a new pet. You know, one with wings the lovely talent of breathing fire... Besides, I may need to chastise it burning everyone to charcoal Bricks. Quite annoying I tell you, I won't even have bodies for your bumbling fools to practise on so they can become half competent surgeons. Better then nothing at any rate.

Anyway, I see you have found some volunteers for lunch?
    Last edited by Socratov; 2014-04-21 at 05:24 PM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...