New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mr.Silver has brought your fix: Random Banter #206

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Okay, I've got a question, and I'm hoping you guys can help me. Recently, while playing League of Legends, my internet just up and DIES, for no reason, and it takes like 30 minutes to fix it, and by then the game's over or I've been disconnected so long that the connection between my computer and the server's just broke. Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it? Short of just banning everyone from using the internet but me, in the vain hope that that'll work?
    Might try the League of Legends thread - they tend to have tips even if I can never remember what the tips are after I've fixed the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Might try the League of Legends thread - they tend to have tips even if I can never remember what the tips are after I've fixed the problem.
    Don't know where that is.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Dear Taetillator,

The mice will go into their cage at night and eat seeds, waking and terrifying the poor fluffs. It has happened before.

I have learned the hard way that I need to guard my strawberries with mesh: but what about the raspberries? How can you enclose a sprawling giant thorn demon? What about grapes? I fear for my precious fruitables, all of which should produce hugely now that they have had their two summers to establish. ;___; Help me.
    Oh! I never thought that the seed was the problem. But then I am not sure what I thought. That the budgies would try and attack the mice? That the mice would chew on the tails of the budgies?

I do not know how the grape farms keep the birds off the grapes. I should go down there and ask. And also ask how to get a local wine bottle sealed with duty free tape so it can go on a plane in luggage and not get poured out at the security line. Small local wine growers do not make tiny airplane friendly bottles most of the time and there is a wine drinker on the other end of a flight from here.

Roger is my Mom's partner. He cooks but 95% of the time he only cooks for himself.

*pokes about things I've requested. Sorry to nag!
    You have a mom who cooks all day and a stepdad who does not cook for anyone else in the family. Who does the home cooking?
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    You have a mom who cooks all day and a stepdad who does not cook for anyone else in the family. Who does the home cooking?
    He's not my stepdad. And Mom does, when she has time to cook.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Well that's good. I like peacefulness. Have a lot of opportunity for that in the area I live in, but not so much around my house. Too many barky dogs.

Yeah...exactly. Please don't get sick, that would suck terribly.
    Yeah, dogs are dogs. *shrugs*
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm fine. This morning I found mold on the first one, which gets me paranoid.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Don't know where that is.
    Right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #97

NecromancerGuy

Said it once. Say it thousand times. Cook Moar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Said it once. Say it thousand times. Cook Moar.
    Can't cook if there's no food and if it's too stressful. Which it is because of my sister's deadbeat ****ing boyfriend.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Can't cook if there's no food and if it's too stressful. Which it is because of my sister's deadbeat ****ing boyfriend.
    It sounds like the whole household could benefit from some family therapy, aye.

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    It sounds like the whole household could benefit from some family therapy, aye.
    No, everything's fine. It's my sister who is the problem. Roger's stupid, but it's not malicious, he just doesn't think about feeding me because Mom always makes sure to.

11. - Top - End - #101

NecromancerGuy

No, everything's fine. It's my sister who is the problem. Roger's stupid, but it's not malicious, he just doesn't think about feeding me because Mom always makes sure to.
    Isn't a complete and total lack of food in the house except for the privately hoarded stashes of your mother, Roger, and your sister a chronic problem? Wasn't this boyfrand supposed to have been gotten rid of a couple of weeks ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

No, that's exactly what I mean. We've known about your sibling woes for a while, and your sister is always the decided cause. The hypothetical scenario is that - and this is a lot more common than you might think - your sister is merely a scapegoat for the underlying problems the household faces.

In any case, it certainly can't hurt to try; some therapists give free first sessions.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Yeah, dogs are dogs. *shrugs*
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm fine. This morning I found mold on the first one, which gets me paranoid.
    Heh they are? I had no clue. To both statements present.

Oh dear. That's a good reason to be paranoid. What was it you were eating again? Whatever it is, dispose of it and dream of happier things, yes.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Isn't a complete and total lack of food in the house except for the privately hoarded stashes of your mother, Roger, and your sister a chronic problem? Wasn't this boyfrand supposed to have been gotten rid of a couple of weeks ago?
    Mom doesn't have privately hoarded food, neither does sister. Only Roger and even then it's just potatoes and things I wouldn't eat anyway. And yes but apparently now it's at the end of this month.

No, that's exactly what I mean. We've known about your sibling woes for a while, and your sister is always the decided cause. The hypothetical scenario is that - and this is a lot more common than you might think - your sister is merely a scapegoat for the underlying problems the household faces.

In any case, it certainly can't hurt to try; some therapists give free first sessions.
    You are wrong.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

The Random Banter Card Ceremony is this week, everyone! Make sure to wear your fanciest virtual outfits and bring your imaginary drinks!
    You are wrong.
    Very well. You are the active ethnographer, after all.

16. - Top - End - #106

Very well. You are the active ethnographer, after all.
    To prove things a little, here is how many problems I'd have today if my sister at our Dad's instead of here, and her boyfriend was gone.

[blank space]

Nothing. Because they wouldn't have all their **** clogging up the internet, straining our ****ty router/modem, and they wouldn't be bothering me with their occasional fighting and heavy drug use in the house.

Here is what I had to deal with today because they are here.

1: Couldn't cook lunch for myself because it's too stressful to cook in the house with so many people
    2: Internet occasionally dies due to them over using it with all their stupid phones. This lead to a bunch of other issues, but in short I wasted 5 hours of my day fixing the internet.
    3: Had my personal time interrupted due to them fighting over him getting a hair cut.
    4: Had to continue to worry about being told sister might be pregnant.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

To prove things a little, here is how many problems I'd have today if my sister at our Dad's instead of here, and her boyfriend was gone.

[blank space]

Nothing. Because they wouldn't have all their **** clogging up the internet, straining our ****ty router/modem, and they wouldn't be bothering me with their occasional fighting and heavy drug use in the house.

Here is what I had to deal with today because they are here.

1: Couldn't cook lunch for myself because it's too stressful to cook in the house with so many people
    2: Internet occasionally dies due to them over using it with all their stupid phones. This lead to a bunch of other issues, but in short I wasted 5 hours of my day fixing the internet.
    3: Had my personal time interrupted due to them fighting over him getting a hair cut.
    4: Had to continue to worry about being told sister might be pregnant.
    Oh: you are under no obligation to prove anything, and my recommendation was a shot in the shade, anyway.

In any case, you have my condolences for the stresses your sister and her mate put on you.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Heh they are? I had no clue. To both statements present.

Oh dear. That's a good reason to be paranoid. What was it you were eating again? Whatever it is, dispose of it and dream of happier things, yes.
    Whatever.

Tortillas. I'll be eating the last ones today.... It's onle a small speck of blue mold on the rim of each one, so I should be fine.
    The Random Banter Card Ceremony is this week, everyone! Make sure to wear your fanciest virtual outfits and bring your imaginary drinks!
    Is that what you tried to PM me about?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

And what exactly is the Card Ceremony?

And okay, I'll wear my best monkey suit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

20. - Top - End - #110

Hi there Dimo! Have you been well? Other than the nearly catching fire...that sounds rather unpleasant. Ooh what kinda baking?
    Hey, Hal! I've been pretty good. In fact, I'm surprisingly healthy, given the fact that everyone else who was in the play I just did got deathly ill towards the end. As far as what I was baking: It's called clafouti, which is traditionally a sort of cherry flan, but my version is more of an apple custard pie thing.

That is scary! How long did it touch the heating wire? How fast was that?
    Well, I'm not sure how long it was, but it couldn't have been more than a few seconds. I smelled it before I saw anything, but I knew that burning smell wasn't coming from what I was baking.

But it is a good idea that the front desk keeps the kitchen stuff safe.
    Agreed.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I actually set a steak on fire once. But it was a small fire, quickly extinguished, and I think it actually made the steak taste better.
    Yeah. Quickly flaming something seems to be a thing in the culinary world. Often it makes the food all yum yum.

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    Why would one country resist using a superior spelling adapted by the rest of the world?
    *insert statement here about U.S. being only country that resists using a superior system of measurement used by the rest of the world*
    I don't think this is the case. Scotch stuff is whisky, Irish stuff is whiskey. It's just how it's always been.

Well, US isn't the only country. I think Burma and some other country too are being stubborn, but it's definitely less than five.

Sounds quite interesting, I think. Glad you had fun Fynni (does trying to spell it that way even work? meh).

ION: Pretty nice morning so far. A good calm before the storm, in a manner of speaking. Must clean the house, must do more work stuff, must take some time off the computer to exercise, must hope the computer doesn't screw up again like every day now...but at least the morning is nice. I'm a lot less worried than I should be. This must be good. I think I'll get some cocoa, keep this mood going a while more.
    Haldyband! *waves*
    It was interesting. I can't wait for my next visit to Dublin. Flights during the summer seem to be less than 50 quid there and back.

*gives strength for task doing*

ION: Something's wrong with my system. Not sure what it is though. This is not helping all the previous stress at all.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2014-04-16 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think this is the case. Scotch stuff is whisky, Irish stuff is whiskey. It's just how it's always been.
    The Scots originally came from Ireland and invaded Scotland in the 8th century. Whiskey/whisky originally was uisge beatha, "water of life". The two tribes (Scots and Irish) just transcribed it differently.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Whiskey/whisky originally was uisge beatha, "water of life".
    I think this is one of the best things ever. And when you think about it, in English you say spirits to refer to strong alcohol. IT'S IN OUR SOULS. THE ALCOHOL COMES FROM WITHIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

24. - Top - End - #114

Woo! Where do you attend?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

No, everything's fine. It's my sister who is the problem.
    I honestly doubt that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ooh that really is happening now? Alrighty I shall do my best, I have the perfect clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Whatever.

Tortillas. I'll be eating the last ones today.... It's onle a small speck of blue mold on the rim of each one, so I should be fine.
    Hmm I've never seen moldy tortillas. Scary. I suppose so, but I'd be too paranoid to risk it even with just a small speck of mold. You are much braver than I Cutharoar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Hey, Hal! I've been pretty good. In fact, I'm surprisingly healthy, given the fact that everyone else who was in the play I just did got deathly ill towards the end. As far as what I was baking: It's called clafouti, which is traditionally a sort of cherry flan, but my version is more of an apple custard pie thing.
    I'm glad to hear you did not catch this strange illness, and out of politeness I do hope your theater group is alright. Deathly ill sounds highly unpleasant. Ooh nice! Sounds like quite an interesting bit of delicious work. Sad to say I am not a huge eater of apple pastries, though I would likely find the cherry idea appealing. I've been trying to do more cooking at home, but I haven't branched out very much. Just a few things like adding vegetables to standard meals like pastas, mostly just Hamburger Helper though. And trying to shake up the recipes displayed on the boxes. But small steps I think. I feel like I am getting more comfortable with what I can make. You still greatly impress me though.

Haldyband! *waves*
    It was interesting. I can't wait for my next visit to Dublin. Flights during the summer seem to be less than 50 quid there and back.

*gives strength for task doing*

ION: Something's wrong with my system. Not sure what it is though. This is not helping all the previous stress at all.
    Hehe Haldyband. I kinda like it!

Hmm now why would summer flights cost less? I am not an economic wiz in any way. But I am very glad you enjoyed it. The most I have done lately is just a trip to the city, but I did explore a little more than normal. I'd like to explore even more at some point. I know surprisingly little of that place.

And thank you thank you. Got up to some yardwork with my grandma, planning to make a small flowerbed outside of one of the windows. Also cleared some trash that needed doing. I feel like I should have done more, but I worked til I was aching and my grandma appreciated the help so I think I did do well. I'm just hard on myself. Today, more yardwork and planning for job-finding related things. And I guess I have a D&D campaign to keep preparing. Any strange ideas for a mid-level challenge anyone?

Oh dear, I am sorry you are feeling stressful. *offers consoling spicy brownies that I may or may not be able to make* What is your system doing that is problematic?
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

27. - Top - End - #117

When I lived with a cook I did all the cooking. Because he said he did it for a living and it was not going to be his free time too. But we were grown people in the same house. And add in that I have some idea that adults cook for kids unless the kid has cooking duty and that I am not sure how you live there, as a kid or as an adult with other adults? So I was confused.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

28. - Top - End - #118

When I lived with a cook I did all the cooking. Because he said he did it for a living and it was not going to be his free time too. But we were grown people in the same house. And add in that I have some idea that adults cook for kids unless the kid has cooking duty and that I am not sure how you live there, as a kid or as an adult with other adults? So I was confused.
    Mom cooks food for me, sometimes I cook food for her if she's really tired. Usually we just get take out. I'm her kid, that's how things work here.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

i always feel awkward making a new thread, i have to reread what i'm typing numerous times while wondering "does this make sense to anyone who isn't me?"

does this happen to anyone else?
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Never. My posts are always perfect.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo