New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

View Poll Results: Will Parson ever change?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

81 61.36%
  • No

51 38.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Will Parson EVER change clothes?? [Speculation spoiler]

So who thinks Parson will just remain dressed in that grease-stained hamster T-Shirt for the rest of the series? I personally find that an appalling thought - but he's only been in Erfworld a day (and now learning to use a... chamber pot...), so there's still hope. What do y'all think?
    Last edited by Tim; 2007-03-21 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Add spoiler tag

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Will Parson EVER change clothes??

He'd have to get clothes specially made, what with him being a giant and all.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

He will, once Wanda breaks out her kickass leather gear, or once he gets armor.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

This thread's topic should maybe have SPOILER in it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I predict that the Tool will decide that Parson's clothes are unfit for a warlord, and order him to change them. And yeah, he'll probably need some custom-made armor eventually. He should keep Hamstard on there for his coat of arms, though.
    Asymmetrically shod ass-kicker of the fan club

Nice Guys: Read this.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

"Courage is not merely one of the virtues; rather, it is the form of every virtue at its testing point."

-C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tool will eventually force him into something more "warlordish".
    Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
    FOSS Moonbase Commander remake @ http://code.google.com/p/tether

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree, considering how much Stanley in the past took pride in having good looking warlords, i would think that he would want Parson to have some awsome looking armor... Parson ain't that good looking, but he is really big, some goodlooking armor will make him look pretty damn intimidating. I'm thinking, something black, perhaps with a whitecape with his hamstard symbol on it... he's got to maintain his "lord hamster" image. Though the cape might be red... black and red is what all of Stanley's pas warlords wore... though hopefully he'll leave off the 'target' symbol this time...

This thread's topic should maybe have SPOILER in it.
    If i recall, i don't think that's nessacary in Erfworld forums.
    Unlike OoTS, Erfworld is allready completly planned out and thus we can't have any real influence on the comic, unlike OoTS which has a good idea of where it's going but isn't totally sure, and thus the gian may end up being influenced by what we speculate... this is if i recall hearing correctly, it was a while back

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

OMG!! Parson will be made to dress like a bloated Las Vegas Elvis!
    Sneaky member of the Fan Club.

Hey look! I just regenerated a finger! Guess which one?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    If i recall, i don't think that's nessacary in Erfworld forums.
    Unlike OoTS, Erfworld is allready completly planned out and thus we can't have any real influence on the comic, unlike OoTS which has a good idea of where it's going but isn't totally sure, and thus the gian may end up being influenced by what we speculate... this is if i recall hearing correctly, it was a while back
    You recall correctly. We have Erfworld fairly extensively plotted out. We know how it ends, to a pretty good degree of detail.

As far as I am concerned, you guys can speculate all you want. But I would suggest continuing to use those tags as a courtesy to the other readers, when you think you might really be on to something that someone who's completely "along for the ride" wouldn't want to read.

For myself, I am kind of amazed and gratified at how many threads pop up which anticipate where the comic is headed in the next few pages. For instance, I was chuckling like crazy at the "Evil vs Good" threads, when I knew that the pages that were coming up would be dealing extensively with those questions.

So yes, keep speculating. But know that Im In Ur Tagz, Readin Ur Spoilerz. If you guys all start buzzing about something I haven't anticipated, I'll take it as a canary in the coal mine for the comic possibly being off track.

So far, so good, though. Collectively, you guys are pretty sharp.
    Rob Balder, Erfworld author/co-creator, and creator of PartiallyClips

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Will Parson EVER change clothes?? [Speculation spoiler]

Haha, I guess Pclips posting here means that his clothes would be a future issue. Oh well - I've decided to add in the spoiler tags. But for those who voted no - why not?

I thought it may have been possible - given how many comics make the characters (especially the dimension/time travellers) insist on wearing their traditional clothing. Why am I reminded of Zero no Tsukaima when I say that? ^^

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    So yes, keep speculating. But know that Im In Ur Tagz, Readin Ur Spoilerz. If you guys all start buzzing about something I haven't anticipated, I'll take it as a canary in the coal mine for the comic possibly being off track.

So far, so good, though. Collectively, you guys are pretty sharp.
    SO...does this mean The Big Hamster will be getting a new set of clothes? Because I'm thinking, if the Elvis avatar is good enough for you, then it's good enough for the rest of us.

Parson in sequins... yeaaaah, now that's the uniform of a commander.
    Proud member of the Fan Club

YeeeeHa, Buckaroos.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

heh, now that i think of it, i recall making a few fanart sketches of what i thought Parson's outfit might look like that last time this topic was around.
    One design had the upper body covered, but his gut was still stickingout... i don't think armor was ever meant to fit parson's... err.. Physique

though Elvis outfit? it's so obvious i'm not sure why i didn't think of it... definatly would be hilarious to see Parson react that THAT one
    Last edited by slayerx; 2007-03-21 at 08:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Wouldn't dressing up your warlord as a Titan be considered sort of sacrilegious, even for a warlord? If anyone was to dress up as a Titan, it would have to be Stanley since it would enforce his divine right to rule, and even he doesn't dare dress as a Titan. Nah, however funny Parson dressed as an Elvis, he would have to be given something more militaristic.

It's possible that Parson might have to borrow some clothes from a twoll if they even wear any real clothes that is. They should be able to resize clothing by tomorrow, armor would be more difficult to resize though and would probably take more time (assuming no magic is used).
    Last edited by Glome; 2007-03-21 at 08:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Glome View Post
    Wouldn't dressing up your warlord as a Titan be considered sort of sacrilegious, even for a warlord?
    Blasphemous, I think. But I agree that it would be out of character for Stanley to countenance a mortal impersonating a Titan.
    Proudly defending the Tool from the unholy forces of Cuteness and Plush.

14. - Top - End - #14

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    Collectively, you guys are pretty sharp.
    Heh, and individually we're...?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

This thread is silly. Everyone knows that clothing NEVER changes in a comic or cartoon. Unless he gets an art upgrade, Parson will always look the same.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by One Skunk Todd View Post
    Heh, and individually we're...?
    Quite dumb.

What? We weren't playing madlibs? Oh. Well, if you're really that upset, just imagine that the response starts with the word "all".
    Last edited by Azrael; 2007-03-23 at 10:38 AM.

Shadowy Goodness since 1892.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Death, your friend the Reaper View Post
    Now we head around under the cover of night looking for threads that will most likely be locked, directing people to the new members thread, and fighting crime.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by ObadiahtheSlim View Post
    This thread is silly. Everyone knows that clothing NEVER changes in a comic or cartoon. Unless he gets an art upgrade, Parson will always look the same.
    Not true. If there is a change in role or status, then you will usually see an accompying change in outfit. In the Order of the Stick for example, Elan changes from chain mail to regular clothes when he gains a prestige class. In this comic, Wanda changes to her interrogation outfit before torturing Jillian. In Peanuts, Snoopy dons his fighter pilot headgear before shooting down enemy planes. It's easy to see the change in role from Parson the GM to Parson the Warlord, so everyone expects a change in garb to accompany such a transition.

As a side-note, alot of good comic strip artists also change clothing according to season as well, but that doesn't seem to apply in this case.
    Last edited by Glome; 2007-03-23 at 02:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheforte View Post
    Blasphemous, I think. But I agree that it would be out of character for Stanley to countenance a mortal impersonating a Titan.
    Stanley has no particular love for Parson, and only tolerate him because Parson is supposed to make him win the war. He'd never get him to dress as a Titan; Stanley has a sincere belief in and respect for the Titans.

Besides, it seems the standard warlord uniform for Stanley's commanders has a big target sign on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Closed Account

I think Bogroll is forging something for Parson. Could it be an armor?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

I'm with Khantalas on this one, Bogroll is either forging an armour, or a weapon....but my bet's on the armour :)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pepz View Post
    I'm with Khantalas on this one, Bogroll is either forging an armour, or a weapon....but my bet's on the armour :)
    I'm thinking amror myself...
    Parson definatly does not look like the type to wield any kind of weapon... He may be big, but it's fat, no muscle, so a weapon wouldn't do him much good. Amror however can not only protect him in battle, but also make him look more like a warlord. How this armor will look though... is questionable... afterall, this is bogroll we're talkign about

22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

He doesn't need a weapon, when he could probably announce he's doing a Bull Rush and charge straight into the enemy. Probably armour; this will either make him look extremely cool or absolutely hilarious.
    Thanks to Tape Measure for my avatar!

Steam Name- [GitP] Dragor. Captain of the random disconnect, Lieutenant of the 'Uncloaking in front of somebody' Brigade.
    League of Legends- Supernaturalist

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragor View Post
    He doesn't need a weapon, when he could probably announce he's doing a Bull Rush and charge straight into the enemy. Probably armour; this will either make him look extremely cool or absolutely hilarious.
    Well, Sizemore DID say that he should probably be afraid...
    Last edited by Ettlesby; 2007-03-24 at 05:35 PM. Reason: To add in a word.

24. - Top - End - #24

Parson definatly does not look like the type to wield any kind of weapon... He may be big, but it's fat, no muscle, so a weapon wouldn't do him much good.
    I'm the prototypical skinny geek myself but I from what I've read, people with Parson's build typically already have quite a bit of hidden muscle built up just from lugging their fat around.

I learned that a couple months after I quit smoking. While I was researching how to lose the fat that I had gained from quitting (which I also eventually succeeded at), I came across the recommendation that really big people start out with weightlifting and other strength training workouts (instead of jogging and other aerobics) because it's immediately rewarding for them.
    Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-03-24 at 08:24 PM. Reason: clarity
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

I'm thinking amror myself...
    Parson definatly does not look like the type to wield any kind of weapon... He may be big, but it's fat, no muscle, so a weapon wouldn't do him much good. Amror however can not only protect him in battle, but also make him look more like a warlord. How this armor will look though... is questionable... afterall, this is bogroll we're talkign about
    Parson is a lot bigger than your general medium-sized Erf dweller. Twoll-sized or so. That reminds me of Terry Pratchett, more notably the troll Detritus who uses a modified siege crossbow to a devastating effect.
    For those who aren't familiar, the troll puts a whole lot of arrows instead of the siege bolt; when the crossbow fires the immense force shatters the arrows and as the shards are propelled forward they catch fire, in effect producing a fireball with area of effect splinter goodness.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

I doubt Parson has ever changed that T-shirt before. Why would he suddenly start now?

My latest homebrew: Gastrus

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scientivore View Post
    I'm the prototypical skinny geek myself but I from what I've read, people with Parson's build typically already have quite a bit of hidden muscle built up just from lugging their fat around.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrono
    Parson is a lot bigger than your general medium-sized Erf dweller. Twoll-sized or so.
    There's a difference between being fat and in good shape nad being fat and in bad shape. Twolls for instance may appear to be large but they are in quite good shape. There is ALOT of muscle in all that fat, much more then just the bare minimum. They are fighters and thus get a regular amount of exercise. Not to mention you can't really compare to different races since one may have much more muscle by nature.

In comparison, Parson is a large guy who is out of shape. He has spent his life on his ass, so the only muscle he has is the amount to keep his large self moving around. He's gonna have more muscle than a small person who never exercises, but not enough to be a real fighter. His lack of exercise also gives him lower stamina, whatever muscle he does have, could not be used for very long in a real fight. I mean, going DOWN(where gravity helps you; unlike when you go up) a long set of stairs really tired him, where as the much smaller Stanely can take the same trip no problem. So, ya, overall, Parson isn't gonna be much of a fighter...

fat people CAN be very strong, but only if they actually put time into it, such as weight training. If they put no effort into it, they're just gonna have the bare minmum, which won't suffice for fighting...
    Last edited by slayerx; 2007-03-25 at 01:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

heh, now that i think of it, i recall making a few fanart sketches of what i thought Parson's outfit might look like that last time this topic was around.
    One design had the upper body covered, but his gut was still stickingout... i don't think armor was ever meant to fit parson's... err.. Physique

though Elvis outfit? it's so obvious i'm not sure why i didn't think of it... definatly would be hilarious to see Parson react that THAT one
    Have you ever seen a portrait of Henry VIII of England?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

There's a difference between being fat and in good shape nad being fat and in bad shape. Twolls for instance may appear to be large but they are in quite good shape. There is ALOT of muscle in all that fat, much more then just the bare minimum. They are fighters and thus get a regular amount of exercise. Not to mention you can't really compare to different races since one may have much more muscle by nature.

In comparison, Parson is a large guy who is out of shape. He has spent his life on his ass, so the only muscle he has is the amount to keep his large self moving around. He's gonna have more muscle than a small person who never exercises, but not enough to be a real fighter. His lack of exercise also gives him lower stamina, whatever muscle he does have, could not be used for very long in a real fight. I mean, going DOWN(where gravity helps you; unlike when you go up) a long set of stairs really tired him, where as the much smaller Stanely can take the same trip no problem. So, ya, overall, Parson isn't gonna be much of a fighter...

fat people CAN be very strong, but only if they actually put time into it, such as weight training. If they put no effort into it, they're just gonna have the bare minmum, which won't suffice for fighting...
    The whole point was, he could still use a siege crossbow. First, they're meant to be operated by the smaller Erf dwellers (i.e. loading is easy enough), second, crossbow is aim&shoot technology so no skill required. No waving around either, if he's able to lift it, he's able to use it.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khantalas View Post
    I think Bogroll is forging something for Parson. Could it be an armor?
    For some reason, the words "bogroll" and "weapon" make me think of a plunger.

Exactly why a toiletless world would have plungers is beyond me, though...
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.