New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [PTU, IC] The Invisible League 3: You actually exploded!

Opal heads back to get everyone into the living room, and hears the tail end of Uriel's comment, "Edgar's looking around right now, if he finds anything he'll let us know. Come on, we shouldn't delay the meeting any more than we have already," Opal says as she heads farther down the hall, and mentions the same to Chimney and Drew, regarding the meeting anyway.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Claire takes Uriel's hand and gets up, hesitating for just a second before letting go of it. "Thank you. Uhh sorry for all that. I hope I didn't embarrass you or make a fool out of myself."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew follows Chimney into the living room, shaking his head as it clears some. "What's going on?" He mumbles to himself. "So, what are we meeting about anyway? I haven't really been told anything."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Drew
    "We are trying to come up with a plan to try find a mutual friend named Annelise, the kidnappers who took her, and anyone else they may have taken." Says Chimney as she takes a seat on a couch. "All I know is Uriel and Claire ran into and took down two of them yesterday, and nearly got blown to smithereens in the process, and there is still at least a third running around who is likely the ring leader." she adds summarizing some of the story you heard from uriel last night.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Don't worry about it Claire, I know you didn't want any of that to happen," he says politely as heads to the living room, his earlier conversation with Claire not forgotten.

"That's more or less the gist of it," Uriel begins, catching the tail end of Chimney's explanation, "I got Drew caught up for the most part last night, though I can't be sure of what everyone's been told. So are there any questions or clarifications, or parts of what happened that anyone wants us to expand on before we get the ball rolling?" he inquired as he swept the room with his gaze, his eyes passing over all gathered.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew nods. "Do you have anything that belongs to the girl? Barry is pretty good at tracking things... Despite the fact we couldn't manage to find our way back this morning." He grins. "He's helped me find more than a few lost animals back home."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"We do actually. Do you think he might be able to get a good scent from her weapons? We managed to collect several of them yesterday, so her scent should still be just short of a day old. Otherwise I know where she works, so we might be able to find something there if push comes to shove,"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"He should be able to. It'd probably be best to go where you guys last saw her, or where she got kidnapped to find the trail." Drew says before thinking a minute. "Why aren't you guys going to the police about this?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Drew
    "The police are already on this, and have been all over the site where anne, and reportedly two others disappeared. They have been using growlithes and more since yesterday, but the police have an attitude that getting civilians involved would create collateral damage among other things, and generally don't accept help beyond receiving tips. Since they effectively have the right of way what we need to devise is what we can do that the police can't or won't." says the masked man to you as he gets off his phone and joins the conversation.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-05-13 at 09:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew shakes the last of whatever was making him feel weird off and frowns. "If the police are already on this, then why aren't we just being patient?"He leans up against the wall.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well that's not..." Claire starts to reply to Uriel, but stops herself. Instead, she follows him into the room.

"In addition to Anne I have an Aron named Nickle whose trainer was also kidnapped. It was her we were looking for in the sewers when we found Anne's knives. We found out about Anne later." Claire explains. "I'm rather skilled at tracking myself which is how we found the killers." She doesn't comment on the police, however. It wasn't that she lacked plenty of reasons, it was that she honestly preferred that the coordinator boy, Drew, and the little girl, Opal, stayed out of it. Thus if they were content to wait for the police it worked out for the better. Especially since she'd recently learned of Kuro's involvement in the case.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"There's a few reasons beyond just the fact she's our friend, and the little girl was hurt when Nickle last saw her," he starts, giving himself sometime to organize his thoughts before dressing Ledianman's point, "For one thing these guys manage to elude the cops during the individual Amber Alerts and missing person reports. We managed to get them a good lead earlier, but as it stands most of them are a bit too visible; and given the area where these guys seem to operate large search parties are probably going to tip them off. This is all assuming these guys don't have someone or something keeping an eye out for police movements, which is pretty likely given their power sets and track record.

Though that does lead to the fact that they're expecting cops which gives us an advantage, and a way to help. We don't have to take them on directly, but anything we find out on our own can help them out. After all they have to deal with a lot more red tape when it comes to investigations, so every tip helps; and if we happen to get a chance to lend a hand all the better. Now then, there are a few things we can do.
    " he explained as he eyes scanned those gathered, interweaving his hands upon his laps as he noted Edgar's continued absence. The house seemed quite so it was unlikely he'd found their guest yet; their prankster could have likely gotten away by now, but the silence still unsettled him.

"First off, Opal do you think you might be able to douse or scry for Penny and Anne using Nickle and Anne's weapons? They haven't been apart for all that long so their might be a connection you can use their, 'specially Nickle since he's Penny's starter, promised to get her help, and was the last one who saw her so that should be a pretty damn strong connection if we can use it. I have a few friends that are acquainted with with a local poison elementalist who spends a lot of her time on the streets, and in spots most people rather avoid; though most folks don't notice or pay attention to her normally. With any luck we can check if she's seen or heard anything, or has a good idea where these guys might be hiding down there to narrow down our search.

We also know these guys are packing a lot of dream mist to boot. If they've been using dream mist a lot they either have alot of munna's, a large stock pile of the stuff, and/or have been milking the same ones long enough to leave a mark
    " he explains as he turns to Ledianman, "Do you know if Wisp's noticed any weird dream stuff or unusual psychic aligned stockpiles and/or disturbances, frequent trafficking of dream mist; or if she might have or know something that might? Or if anyone you know, mask or otherwise, might be able to find out that sort of thing?

By the way, if it can work; do either you know of any other Medium's you trust that might be able to help Opal with the dousing? We know these guys have an Aura Guardian and a Psychic with them, and they at least had a ninja with them so any extra oomph we can get for the dousing would probably be a big help,
    " he suggested, offering up his ideas to see what the other's thought about them; hoping that if nothing else he may have sparked a few ideas in the others.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Opal thinks for a while during Uriel's contemplation, "I might be able to, normally dousing rods are only aligned with the resonance produced by crystal shards," she replies, slowly, her voice actually took on a deeper cadence as she shifted to a scholarly persona, "it would take a little time for me to attune the rods to a person based on the resonant signature left behind on a pokemon or object, and longer to sift through what other signatures are on them, anyone who owned or touched them would leave a small signature themselves, which I'll need to isolate and remove the influence of them," she hums lightly, "It may take me some time to properly attune them."

"Nickel wasn't the only one to see them as well, Edgar brought Anne down there to see someone, so he may know something as well. I promised to help him find Anne, like how you promised to help Nickel find Penny," she comments, her voice returning to normal at the last sentence.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2014-05-15 at 10:25 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Okay. Then we can hopefully get a trace off Edgar as well maybe, though its probably going to be pretty faint," he comments with a small frown, "Nickle's probably the strongest link we have, short of going to Annelise's home and asking for permission to look over her things,"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I can't judge the psychic's power very well, but the Aura Guardian is too much for any of you to take." Claire added simply, not saying much else and just listening.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew looks around the room. These people were crazy. "Wait, wait. I thought you said there was only one left? Why are you talking like there's more?" He'd pretty much accepted that they weren't going to be sensible about this, so it was a matter of making sure they weren't walking into something that would get them killed. This was turning out to be a much more interesting vacation than he'd thought it'd be.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Because there is more than one left. A lot more." Claire comments casually, "A wanted murderer, a powerful psychic, some gas mask guy who is skilled at putting others to sleep, and various others that have been working along side the wanted murderer." She replies, "He has an entire organization working for him, which is why I've insisted repeatedly on certain people staying out of it rather than insisting on playing detective." Claire states.

18. - Top - End - #48

"I'm going to help regardless, whether it's helping you or Edgar, we're after the same thing, best to work together, and if it's because I look like a kid, I'm eighteen. At most I'm three years younger than you," Opal says, "And I'm a white medium, Ledianman can attest to that, and that I always get into trouble helping people."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew sighs. "And I work for her, so if she says we're doing this, I have to too."Murderers, psychics, gas masks, kidnappings?! Sid was going to pay for this when it was all over, oh yes. "So the question is how we go about this without... dying. Or worse."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"By gathering information and staying out the way." Claire says, "This man was capable of killing one of the strongest fighters in Kalos he'll kill you too." She states, "And getting in trouble helping people, wonderful. That's exactly what I want to hear."

She drew her pokegear and opened a picture of Kuro. "You want to help, you see this man, you do not engage and let me know where."

21. - Top - End - #51

"I'm more defensive anyway, light lends itself well to defense rather than offense," Opal says simply, waving off the comment, but already committing the face to memory, "might be hard for us to work together since my abilities seem to hurt you though," she comments to Claire, "though if you can't work around lights that may put you at a disadvantage... we'll have to work on that," she said with a smile aimed at Claire. It promised much pain, sunburn filled pain, with no way of escaping.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'll pass. I'd rather avoid getting light thrown at me." Claire comments, "And it just means we won't work well around each other, not with each other." Claire notes, "As I stated, if you are just going to be gathering information it won't be an issue. I'll handle the dangerous work, you can keep doing your detective thing."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Everyone
    "I think we might be getting a bit off track. As important as dealing with a larger criminal organization may be we should keep in mind that the thing we all have in common is a desire to recover the people taken, or in Drews case doing what Opal wants, but she's contagious so I'm sure he'll warm up to this eventually." Says Ledian before addressing uriel's questions "I know Skull asked Monitor to try to track down their source of dream mist, but he hasn't found any buying patterns that would suggest it being used in the bulk they would need to. He believes they are some how producing it themselves or they have found a way to use it more efficiently and stretch out their supply though its also possible that fewer people have been kidnapped than we suspect. It's unfortunately very easy for a trainer to go missing without anyone noticing so we have no way to know for sure how many victims there are. As for dowsing I'm afraid my specialty is blessings the only medium I can think of that could have more advanced knowledge on the subject is Siergie Ironwood who lives in the dojo's monastery. I guess you could say spelunking is a hobby of his"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'm fairly decent at tracking targets." Claire comments, "Its how we found the kidnappers in the sewer before." She states, "I have a possible lead on Kuro tonight anyways so after I engage him either I'll take him out and then try and backtrack to find where they are sending people or he'll escape again and I'll follow him then. Either way if I find where they operate I should be able to find where his group is putting people."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Everyone
    "Ah Monitor said something about that when I was on the phone before... lets just say we still need to pick an appropriate site so the setup for that can't happen until tomorrow actually." says ledianman to claire while choosing his words carefully

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Ah, tomorrow then. That works out better so I can finalize my preparations." Claire says.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Arceus, you people need to take up less deadly hobbies. I really don't want to die, even to help someone. I like being alive a little too much for that. So I guess we need to go see this Ironwood guy, huh? I hope he's in the mood to be helpful."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Yeah, we really do," Uriel comments with a tiredly before refocusing.

"In any case Ledianman's right, our priority is tracking down the missing people; anything beyond that can be a boon, but we should avoid any unnecessary risks. I'll likely be heading over to the Dojo, see if I can't kill two birds with one stone while I'm there; and anyone who wants is free to come with. Chimney, any idea what Sergei's like and if we need to do anything special to get a hold of him? Also Claire, mind bringing Nickle out so Opal can see what she has to work with?" he adds falling back into pace as he revised his mental notes to see if he was missing anything.

"That reminds me, if anyone's interested I'd be open to including any and all of our mon in a short training exercise; should go a long way to helping us if anything comes up today, and make our mon familiar with one another," he offers prudently.

Spoiler
    Show

Given that training sessions occur in half an hour segments and Uriel's training Capacity; he can train and buff everyone's Mon in exactly one hour going by raw assuming everyone is interested.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2014-05-29 at 07:10 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew nods. "Sure, Barry could always use a little more exercise." He also thought it'd be a good opportunity to watch him with pokemon. That was a good way to tell a lot about someone. "But for a dojo, I'm gonna have to pass. I'm not really a fighter."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"More reason for you not to engage in direct combat with Kuro." Claire comments at Drew. She wasn't too thrilled with the fact that so many people were getting involved, but at the very least it was more eyes and ears.

"As for the dojo, I won't be able to join you there." Claire says to Uriel, "So as much as I'd enjoy a chance to do some training with you, I'll probably have to pass. I can do some warm-ups and work-outs myself though while you do that and then meet you somewhere if you still plan to do some shopping." She says as she releases Nickle from his pokeball.

"Nickle, these people are going to try and help us find Penny. I wanted you to meet them in case they can help."

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (2d6+2)[9]