New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: El Goonish Shive II - I stand by my ridiculous comic

Quote Originally Posted by The Mormegil View Post
    Dan's Patreon campaign is up. Consider paying 1$ a month, it's two coffees from the machine and if everyone that read EGS did it Dan would basically have another job's revenue. Or more, IDK how many people actually read EGS.
    What is this? Its the first I have heard of it.

Also yes it does seem Sarah ships Elliot and Justin, http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1805 is another example
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    What is this? Its the first I have heard of it.

Also yes it does seem Sarah ships Elliot and Justin, http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1805 is another example
    Look up Patreon. Basically, you donate monthly to an artist. It's 2014's Renaissance. You crowdsource a patronage. It's pretty cool. It's the natural evolution of Kickstarter - Patreon can't really "kick" a project to start it off, but it's definitely better for artists that produce continuously (such as webcomic creators) because it gives them a stable income. If it keeps up and is found to be stable, it can support creators all around the world with a monthly income and let them be full-time artists (or supplement their day job as a reward for the tons of hours they spend on their creations).

Right now Dan Shive is at 440$ monthly, and one of the stated goals is to bring back EGS:NP every Friday if he reaches 500$/month.

EDIT: goal met! The gods of curling have been vanquished!
    Last edited by The Mormegil; 2014-07-06 at 03:53 PM.
    Useless arcane powers are better than no arcane powers!

Avatar mercifully granted by Threeshades

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mormegil View Post
    Look up Patreon. Basically, you donate monthly to an artist. It's 2014's Renaissance. You crowdsource a patronage. It's pretty cool. It's the natural evolution of Kickstarter - Patreon can't really "kick" a project to start it off, but it's definitely better for artists that produce continuously (such as webcomic creators) because it gives them a stable income. If it keeps up and is found to be stable, it can support creators all around the world with a monthly income and let them be full-time artists (or supplement their day job as a reward for the tons of hours they spend on their creations).

Right now Dan Shive is at 440$ monthly, and one of the stated goals is to bring back EGS:NP every Friday if he reaches 500$/month.

EDIT: goal met! The gods of curling have been vanquished!
    Awesome. 1$/Month is a good price for EGS:NP every week.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Huh… it looks like we will hit the 1500 mark. If anyone hasn't paid for it yet I would recommend it. 3 days of extra EGS is worth 1$/Month

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic. Something tells me George is as oblivious as Justin is to their respective power. With that in mind, though, what do you think his mark is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: El Goonish Shive II - I stand by my ridiculous comic

I think Luke may have made a mistake by trying to use his powers while George walked that way. The light was coloured purple, and George just happened to stand right next to a certain other character who fits that colour much better. I also notice that the panels are the same size, and that the centre of the light is right where Tedd is in the above panel. Methinks Tedd might give off more of an aura than we expected. :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maybe it's a SPAAACE WHAAALE!

8. - Top - End - #188

Perfectly logical, but still a surprise.

For those asking. George has no mark. Tedd is hyped up thanks to his discovery and that means he's worth a lot of light.

If you didn't put the pieces together yet:
    1) he glows when he's really happy (happened twice at least)
    2) he is a much more dangerous rarity
    3) his aunt is positively terrorized of him being unhappy
    4) he was suddently and uncharacteristically hyped after an intuition he had little right to have, as if he was "full of energy" and needed to do something with it; this just happened again
    5) his early-years backstory matches well with there being a correlation between his happiness and his magical powers (the wand thingie)

All in all, I think this is nothing new. I want to see what kind of shenanigans happen because of the misunderstanding though

9. - Top - End - #189
    Firbolg in the Playground

That's because George is a powerful elven lord who lived in the Blessed Realm, and now exists both in our as in the spirit world!

Or maybe it was Ted.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone else still curious about WHY George is so bitter of Justin around other men? envy perhaps?

wait. Tedd + really big aura + weird stuff only happening in Moperville = Tedd the source of Moperville weirdness? perhaps his aura is so big that it encompasses all of moperville and causes everything in it to act all weirdly.....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Anyone else still curious about WHY George is so bitter of Justin around other men? envy perhaps?

wait. Tedd + really big aura + weird stuff only happening in Moperville = Tedd the source of Moperville weirdness? perhaps his aura is so big that it encompasses all of moperville and causes everything in it to act all weirdly.....
    No. I think we're just assuming its jealousy until proven otherwise (Dan's commentary doesn't exactly hurt this assumption, it must be said).

hrm. Could be Tedd's the power behind the Moperville madness. But then why didn't the space whale thing note that the epicenter of it was him? If Tedd is radiating power like that, it seems plausible that the whale would be able to sense it.
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    No. I think we're just assuming its jealousy until proven otherwise (Dan's commentary doesn't exactly hurt this assumption, it must be said).

hrm. Could be Tedd's the power behind the Moperville madness. But then why didn't the space whale thing note that the epicenter of it was him? If Tedd is radiating power like that, it seems plausible that the whale would be able to sense it.
    George being jealous of Justin's male friends and unpleasant towards them is not new (he did the same with Elliot). Given the little backstory we had for him at the start of the arc (the reaction to Tedd's hair) he's very likely to be gay.

As for Tedd being the reason Moperville is this way... I don't think so. Also I don't think it's usual for Tedd to have this aura - it's due to his recent discovery, as noted above. It is much more likely that it's Pandora's doing, and it's possible that she is doing that to Moperville because Tedd is there. So indirectly responsible, I can get behind, directly responsible not so much.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone else think that Pandora's pumping Tedd full of power and that's what's making him all hyper and glowy?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn, Luke just had no idea what he was walking into here, did he? Cute boys, card games and unimaginably powerful magic users, oh my!

Admittedly, he probably expected the card games.

Also, I'm not 100% sure the white light is Tedd. We don't know much about Luke's sight, but it seems to detect magic, not emotions. Also, we already know Tedd is magically inhibited. I think might be George.

That, or Pandora just happened to step into his magic scan.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2014-07-11 at 01:32 PM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    Does anyone else think that Pandora's pumping Tedd full of power and that's what's making him all hyper and glowy?
    I still think that Luke might of actually seen Pandora's aura. Pandora was seen next to Tedd last and it would be fitting for his mark to actually be able to sense Pandora's aura.

Either that or its Tedd's "More dangerous rarity" aspect.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Also, I'm not 100% sure the white light is Tedd. We don't know much about Luke's sight, but it seems to detect magic, not emotions. Also, we already know Tedd is magically inhibited. I think might be George.
    The glow effect is centered on Tedd's position in the previous panel. And it's white, while every other aura we've seen has been in colour. Tedd is the only person we've seen to explicitly have a white aura before.

It's Tedd's aura.

Why would Tedd be in the panel at the position the aura is emanating from if it wasn't his aura? Shive doesn't throw out red herrings like that.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2014-07-11 at 03:21 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    The glow effect is centered on Tedd's position in the previous panel. And it's white, while every other aura we've seen has been in colour. Tedd is the only person we've seen to explicitly have a white aura before.

It's Tedd's aura.

Why would Tedd be in the panel at the position the aura is emanating from if it wasn't his aura? Shive doesn't throw out red herrings like that.
    The last scene was with Pandora hovering over Tedd. That is the main reason I thought of her. But still fair enough you have made your case well enough that I conclude it is probably Tedd's aura.

I honestly forgot about Tedd's previous glowing incidents somehow.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

You know, I think I like Pandora way better as a powerful, childish entity trolling and taunting people than as some seriously plotting menace. Her attempts at a dark and villainous demeanor just don't seem to work well, but I can definitely see her as a capricious, selfish child with way too much influence over things.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

What? She's only plotting ways to help! She wants to help Raven live freely in a world where he doesn't have to hide anything, and she wants to help his godson achieve his new goal!
    Though this is, in fact, potentially a "dark and villainous" plot itself...

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

I was wondering why Pandora's expression in that last panel looked so familiar, and then it hit me. Panel 2, on Grace!Tedd, it's almost the exact same expression!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

The forums are down :( Haven't been able to get to them in almost 24 hours. I miss my egs forums :(

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    I was wondering why Pandora's expression in that last panel looked so familiar, and then it hit me. Panel 2, on Grace!Tedd, it's almost the exact same expression!
    I believe that is what is called a "trollface".

Though I am not sure what the point of trolling someone is when they can't see or hear you.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2014-07-15 at 01:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    I believe that is what is called a "trollface".

Though I am not sure what the point of trolling someone is when they can't see or hear you.
    This is Pandora. She is crazy. She is probably getting a kick out of it.
    Also, probably used to people not being able to see or hear her, but it does get lonely, so talking to them anyways is probably a good past-time. I've seen people talk to the characters of a movie, after all :P

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So... this paints Sam's remark to Tedd in a new light. It could also lead to a rather embarassing situation if Larry and Rich ask exactly the wrong question at the wrong time.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    So... this paints Sam's remark to Tedd in a new light. It could also lead to a rather embarassing situation if Larry and Rich ask exactly the wrong question at the wrong time.
    Which they will. Of course they will, they're just smart enough to think of the question and just dumb enough to pick the absolute worst time to ask it.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

People had seen that coming on the egs forums (which are still down :(). Especially after Grace reacted weirdly to Tedd calling Sam confusing. Didn't expect it to be confirmed so soon though.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Light dawns on the two dunderheads.

EDIT: And with Friday's strip, causes them to be dazzled by their own ability to grasp at straws and and their inability to be wrong.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2014-07-18 at 12:39 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic for Friday.

Are we (guys) really that stupid? I mean, there are obvious in-comic counterexamples, but most of them are the protagonists, and TweedleDum and TweedleDummer over here are getting a lot of screentime.

I guess I'm just getting a shame overdose from something I've been oblivious to?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

oh hey, cool, Tedd's hair is purple again. while I respect his-her choices, I do have the opinion that s/he looks better with purple hair.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    New comic for Friday.

Are we (guys) really that stupid? I mean, there are obvious in-comic counterexamples, but most of them are the protagonists, and TweedleDum and TweedleDummer over here are getting a lot of screentime.

I guess I'm just getting a shame overdose from something I've been oblivious to?
    They are both idiots, so no I don't think this is any generalization whatsoever on males in general. It is simply an amusing subplot.

Also Tedd now has purple hair! Either the morph ran out or Luke's gaze explosion did something. I can't seem him undoing it on purpose right now.