New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LIX: Ice Cream, Stamps, and Lorn

I remember playing against a Kennen once as Cho'Gath top lane. It was awful because he was bad but I couldn't kill him. If he hadn't rushed Hextech revolver first I would of destroyed him because I would get him to about 25% of his HP and then he would heal to full off of the next creepwave. I ended up diving him and dying horribly.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    I remember playing against a Kennen once as Cho'Gath top lane. It was awful because he was bad but I couldn't kill him. If he hadn't rushed Hextech revolver first I would of destroyed him because I would get him to about 25% of his HP and then he would heal to full off of the next creepwave. I ended up diving him and dying horribly.
    call jungler 4 free kills
    123-456-7890
    get yours today

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    call jungler 4 free kills
    123-456-7890
    get yours today
    Nah, Kennen v Cho is a terrible matchup for Kennen. Kennen just doesn't hurt enough to stop Cho from farming, so eventually Cho walks into a team fight with 6 ult stacks and 200 CS worth of items.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #304
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Nah, Kennen v Cho is a terrible matchup for Kennen. Kennen just doesn't hurt enough to stop Cho from farming, so eventually Cho walks into a team fight with 6 ult stacks and 200 CS worth of items.
    what does this have to do with my post
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2014-06-09 at 02:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah that describes the last time I played this, that I remember.. Cho typically doesn't die and can't be forced out easily. That E of his just keeps farming
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

what does this have to do with my post
    Darn, you realized faster than I did that it was the Kennen with 25% hp.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

7. - Top - End - #307
    Banned

Darn, you realized faster than I did that it was the Kennen with 25% hp.
    To be honest, I don't think my response thinking the lane was the other way around was that different. Kennen + jungler vs. 25% hp Cho is a pretty good matchup. So is Cho + jungler vs. 25% hp Kennen.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Updated Baron Fight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-DhNZEFxLU

updated Dragon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2PYTQlAx1w

More
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6c4aSydYw
    http://www.twitch.tv/riotgameses/b/536946225 (starts around 26 min)

Well my HS Spanish did me no good, but per a poster
    No more purple team, red instead
    You wont be able to leave the fountain until the 0:15 mark (for toaster users like me, you know)
    Dragon will knockback the first person who attacks him, new basic attack, like vicktor's laser, dodgeable, but when it hits, splashes, also new health bar.
    Walls are exactly the same width like before (for flashing, etc)
    Wolves watch you as you pass by..
    Razorbeaks instead of wraiths, the weakest camp on the map
    New deaths animations for each jungle monster
    Different textures and colours between the 4 parts of the jungle
    Turrets have their own destruction animation
    Inhibitors are different on blue/red side, with new health bars
    http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...showes_us_the/
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2014-06-09 at 02:36 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Firbolg in the Playground

So I just tried support as Thresh for the first time.

I have so much appreciation for support players now. I got eaten alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    I know Tryndamere's already had a visual update, but when watching him run around the new SR in his not so great character model, and the fact that it doesn't match his new splash art... yeah, he needs a remodel.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

I'm in dire need of ADC tips, I mean I can do so so on normals and blind pick games, but as soon as I enter ranked and I have to play ADC I just crumble. So any quick tips in general would be appreciated. I tend to play Lucian or Jinx, but I also own Ashe, Ezreal, Graves, Tristana and Vayne.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    I'm in dire need of ADC tips, I mean I can do so so on normals and blind pick games, but as soon as I enter ranked and I have to play ADC I just crumble. So any quick tips in general would be appreciated. I tend to play Lucian or Jinx, but I also own Ashe, Ezreal, Graves, Tristana and Vayne.
    Use attack-move on the 'A' button (click the ground, not enemy) to help you fight in teamfights (where it hardly matters whom you focus, you just have to keep on DPSing, and as an ADC you can't just dash past a tank line and expect to do anything).

Learn cooldowns on spells for more important supports/ADCs to know when to trade.

Abuse autoattack resets: Lucian can auto immediately after his Q, for instance. Those are the key to winning trades.

Usually at level 1 you want to push hard to get level 2 fast.

Always be mindful of your positioning and focus on it. If the enemy has a billion assassins that will eat you as soon as you show up then count the blown cooldowns and play it safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

One thing I'd say is important is to talk with your support about a few things.

A: What kind of lane will this be?
    -A farm lane is played very differently than one where your support is constantly looking for a chance to go in and deal damage.
    B: What pings mean.
    -If you clear up that pinging their ADC means "I'm going to go in ASAP once I find an opening, follow up", then you can set up a system to ping as well for "Yes, I'm ready" or b-ping them for "No, not now" to avoid situations where your support goes in just as you're trying to farm three minions at once.

Post-laning, I've found that one is often served fairly well by abandoning the bruiser/assassin/mage mindset of targeting squishies or such. You're an ad carry, which means you shoot whatever you can hit safely. Doing 800 damage to their APC then dying horribly will help your team less than doing 1900 to their tank, living, then doing 500 to their APC before they die as well. This is especially important late game, when you're a tower/inhibitor-killing machine.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Banned

Know the matchups, know the zones, know the ganks. Farm. Kite. Work with your support and roamers. Watch cooldowns and stay far away from initiators/assassins with theirs up--don't use your mobility skill to go in unless all their skills are down. If you win a trade big, it's a good time to do dragon, because they have 2 weak/absent players. If you're group pushing towers, you're the one expected to hit the tower, so find the gap in the enemy zones and poke away. ADC is not a very complicated role--it's all in the practice and positioning.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2014-06-09 at 05:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    ADC can be mechanically challenging sometimes. You really want to practice attack move. That's more than just what Winthur said about clicking on the ground, it's also the ability to autoattack, then shift your character's position and autoattack again without losing any dps. One way to think about this is to treat your autoattack as a spell that's bound to the A key, and its cooldown is determined by your attack speed.

As a general rule, do not go in for that "just one more attack" moment. If you know a character really well, you can push to the limits of what you can get, but until then, most of the time you'll just end up too far forward and get killed by somebody else on the other team because you're out of position.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2014-06-09 at 05:30 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Know the matchups, know the zones, know the ganks. Farm. Kite. Work with your support and roamers. Watch cooldowns and stay far away from initiators/assassins with theirs up--don't use your mobility skill to go in unless all their skills are down. If you win a trade big, it's a good time to do dragon, because they have 2 weak/absent players. If you're group pushing towers, you're the one expected to hit the tower, so find the gap in the enemy zones and poke away. ADC is not a very complicated role--it's all in the practice and positioning.
    This one is big. It's really irritating as someone who plays predominately melee characters to be in a siege situation, have a large wave pushed against their tower, and notice our ad carry trying to push forward and land hits on their tanks instead of hitting the tower.

Or we're tower diving/pushing forward to zone the enemy off their own tower and I'm tanking it and the ADC is running forward to try and shoot their Ziggs instead of shooting the tower that's two hits away from dying and then I tank a billion shots and then get killed because they didn't do their job correctly. That's also annoying.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-06-09 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Mysana:

I'm not going to be able to play tonight

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    This one is big. It's really irritating as someone who plays predominately melee characters to be in a siege situation, have a large wave pushed against their tower, and notice our ad carry trying to push forward and land hits on their tanks instead of hitting the tower.

Or we're tower diving/pushing forward to zone the enemy off their own tower and I'm tanking it and the ADC is running forward to try and shoot their Ziggs instead of shooting the tower that's two hits away from dying and then I tank a billion shots and then get killed because they didn't do their job correctly. That's also annoying.
    I strongly urge pings in this situation. I have been bitched out by solo queue teams because I was attacking towers when they wanted to dive. Sometimes people want to try and win the game, sometimes they want to carefully take objectives. In solo queue, all that matters is getting all 5 players on the same page, regardless of whether it's the most optimal page.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Elise question; which form should I use for clearing jungle mobs, and which for ganks or teamfights?
    And does anyone have advice for builds? Should I build pure ap, or go for a more tanky setup?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Elise question; which form should I use for clearing jungle mobs, and which for ganks or teamfights?
    And does anyone have advice for builds? Should I build pure ap, or go for a more tanky setup?
    If you're not using both forms, you're only using half your champ - this applies both in clearing and in fighting champions.

For a jungle camp, I generally start in human form. Toss Q at the big monster followed by a Skittery Boom-Spider. Then swap forms and use spider W to munch down the monsters, executing the large one with Q. Sometimes it makes more sense to start in spider form because you can save more time by rappelling over a wall into the camp.

Ganks and teamfights you should swap between the two pretty freely, depending on what you need at the moment.

Human form gives you range, % current HP damage, and a stun. Spider form gives you an execute, minor sustain, some more DPS from spiderling mini-autos, dodging, and the ability to go untargettable. Which of these is more useful at the moment? That's the form you should be in.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

To add to what Nadevoc said, at level 1, start W, throw the explosive spiderling at the buff a few seconds before it appears and then turn into spider and fight. Shaves a couple seconds off the W cooldown so you end up being slightly faster in the jungle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Generally, you want to focus the tower. Exception: your damage will help secure a kill and the tower isn't close to dying, or you want to tank it for 1-2 hits for your low-health assassin to safely dive that last remaining Ziggs with 100 HP that's still trying to waveclear and the tank can't get tower aggro.

In general: do you do the exact same thing people do in blind pick? I.e. pick a champion you feel like playing and go from there, or do you consider your support/team composition and enemy picks? Example: you might have good success with Vayne in blind pick, but it might not be the best idea to pick her when playing against Ashe or Caitlyn. In ranked, chances are the person picking Ashe or Caitlyn mains that champion, so even if you're equally good at Vayne (and it sounds like you're not since you don't main ADC), the innate champion's kit provides them advantages (both can outpoke you in lane hard, and both can kite away from you with Cait's E/Ashe's QW).

Then, consider supports. You might be playing Tristana against Vayne or Kog (great all-in potential), but your support is Soraka, while enemy support is Janna or Morgana, giving enemy ADC great peel against your all-in and allowing them to turn the fight against you. So, in essence it becomes a sustain/farm lane and you should play it as such, instead of trying to all-in them when your cooldowns are up.

Finally, positioning. Short version is, any time there's a fight, you want to position yourself in such a way that you can shoot one opponent, with minimum threat from enemy champions. Doesn't matter if you're shooting a fed Renekton when there's an equally fed Ziggs you could be attacking - your job is to attack Renekton if you can't get to Ziggs without getting cc'd or taking return fire. So, stay at the back. If you have self-peel (i.e. Cait's net, Tristana's jump/ult), save them to reposition or run away. Don't use them to chase kills unless only champions left alive are the ones you're chasing. Enemy Renekton might just show up from a bush and exploit your lack of escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Anytime someone tries to bring real-world physics into a RWBY discussion, Blake kills them in self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastoulio
    VERILY, TOP LANE SHALL BE GUARDED BY A VALIANT KNIGHT,
    YEA, MIDDLE LANE SHALL BE OCCUPIED BY A WIZARD,
    I SAY UNTO THEE, A TEAM SHALL HAVE ONE WOODSMAN TO PATROL THE FOREST,
    FINALLY, AN ARCHER OF PENULTIMATE SKILL SHALL GO TO THE BOTTOM LANE, ACCOMPANIED ONLY BY HIS SQUIRE

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Both, for both. Elise's strength is switching in and out. Here are a few setups.

1. First clear: start W, throw it a couple seconds before buffs spawn, turn into spider, press W again, kill buffs.
    2. Standard jungle clear: as a human Q big mob, W others, turn into spider, Q and W, Q again for executes. Use smite on buffs to secure them.
    3. Gank 1 (short all-in): as a spider, walk toward enemy, press E on them so you jump to them, Q them, turn into a human and use your E to stun them, press Q and W, turn back into a spider and Q again.
    4. Gank 2 (extended all-in or chase): as a human walk toward the enemy, ideally from the side or behind. Use E to stun them, press Q and W, turn into a spider, press Q and W, chase them, after they use a dash or other escape move, use E to jump to them, Q again, turn into a human and use E again to stun them, use QW, back into spider again and Q again.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know guys... Like, LeBlanc's going down lol
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

25. - Top - End - #325

I am confused both by what you mean and why you are saying it.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

She just got her silence taken out.

27. - Top - End - #327

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

lb's sigil of silence is now a sigil of malice as of latest pbe update

29. - Top - End - #329

This will reduce her ability to trade in lane for free, and do nothing to stop her from simply blowing people up. It is a good decision.

30. - Top - End - #330

Best nerf ever! No more ridiculous free poke!
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    You. You and your natural 20s. Why do you hog them? Why?