New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Raeus-Passed Down to the Sons IC

Sven

"Never turning down a free meal sounds more like a glutton than a wise man to me," Sven muses aloud.
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2014-07-14 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Nuro smiles at the shapeshifter.
    My meals are free.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Throwing his hands in the air, he forcefully pushed the air between him and the others. I don't know how you get enough free food to become a glutton, but I'm fairly certain the wise man was rather thin when I saw him. In any case, the exemplary kobold will have to teach me his ways, and I'll just have to realize some people never struggled to find their next meal! Sven was it? You're lucky to not understand.

4. - Top - End - #94

Sven

"Oh, I've struggled to survive.." Sven says, "just not...anymore?" The large man sheepishly attempts to explain himself: "I used to have a lot, but then I had to give it all up. That's when I learned...what I'm trying to say is...I guess what I mean is, the less you have you realize the less you need. That doesn't make any sense, does it? Sorry, I don't know as many words as the rest of you. Oh gee, now I'm rambling...sorry, Rest." Sven looks to Orestes as tremendous guilt and shame well up alongside the tears in his saucer eyes. Wordlessly and full of sorrow, he turns from the group and moves to the edge of the deck to look out at the passing sea.
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2014-07-14 at 03:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hoplathemightly View Post
    "Very good Navis, I'll be headed to my...uh...quarters, I expect we have rooms? Or at least a place to put our supplies. Well I'm going to see in any case, I shall return."
    "Of course Master Torrain, below deck is where the hammocks and dinning room are located." Navis replies.

Quote Originally Posted by hoplathemighty View Post
    "Navis, does this lock securely?"
    "indeed it does Master Torrain, you may close the lock manually and it will be attuned to you and you alone so only you may open it. There is one such lockbox for each of you."

Quote Originally Posted by darklink_shadow View Post
    The water is cold. Navis, you mentioned cleaning the ship earlier. Can you use that spell at will? Otherwise, I can just shake the water off of me...
    Navis, another thing, when's breakfast? I got up a little late and had to rush to get here, and I'm half starved.
    "There is a shower below deck Master Kelgar, you will find towels with which to dry yourself off there, and once done I would appreciate if you put it back on its rack to be cleaned in the morning. As for breakfast, you may eat whenever you wish sir."
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-07-14 at 03:50 PM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Aestrus looks over to the sorrow figure at the edge of the deck. "Wonder what's got him all down. Anyways, I'm particularly hungry, too. In fact, I'm always hungry!" Aestrus turns to follow Kheldar, licking her lips on the way.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Orestes gives a comforting pat to Sven's back. "You're a credit to us all, Sven," he says. "If the whole world thought as you did, missions such as this one would be as useless as boots on a snake." Then he stretches, and pats his belly. "If I were a better man, perhaps I would share your austerity. Ah, well. You're good enough for the both of us, I reckon. Kheldar, is it? I'll join you for a meal."
    Last edited by Piggy Knowles; 2014-07-14 at 03:56 PM.
    Optimization Showcase in the Playground

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD
    IC LXXVI: Talos
    IC LXXV: Alphonse Louise Constant
    IC XLIX: Babalon, Queen of Bones
    IC XLV: Dead Mists
    IC XL: Lycus Blackbeak
    IC XXXIX: AM-1468
    IC XXXV: Parsifal the Fool
    IC XXX: Jal Filius

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Xelra looked up from her journal, seeing a number of the group heading to the mess hall. She was largely just listening to them and watching them interact with one another.

So far, the red wizard sounded very long-winded and talky. The more visibly armed out of all of them seemed nice and had a good singing voice. The other spellcasting female in their group seemed as wordy as the red wizard but seemed a bit more succinct at least. One of their group that seemed to have a constantly changing magic aura sounded quite intelligent as well. Another of their group appeared to have an almost otherworldly air to him, and also appeared quite well armed and had a seemingly destructive magic aura to him. And, of course, the curious kobold.

She had written something in her hook as they were all talking, eventually putting it away in a secure part of her bag along with her writing implements. Closing her eyes and letting the gentle rocking of the ship lull her into a nap.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of the kobold, he makes his way over to Xelra.
    So, what brought you here, young one?
    He grins as he calls her "young one".

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Khelder put one arm around each of those who would share his meal with him. Fantastic! I have meal-mates after all! I hope they have something besides fish and bugs... I'm dreadfully tired of fish and bugs. Maybe a good cut of lamb, or some tasty potatoes. With gusto, he walked merrily to the below decks, hoping the path to the food was evident.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Those who wish to eat go downstairs, directed by Navis, and come to the dinning room. It is a very spartan room, consisting only of a brown circular table and what appears to be an orb affixed to the ceiling enchanted with Light. The table has nine chairs around it, and each one has a plate and goblet in front of the chair.

Off to the side of the room is a pantry which holds the water, wine, and food for the meal. In the pantry there are many different things to eat, ranging from dried strips of beef to oranges.

"I hope your meal is a pleasant one my masters," says Navis as those who came down enter the dinning room.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

12. - Top - End - #102

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Speaking of the kobold, he makes his way over to Xelra.
    So, what brought you here, young one?
    He grins as he calls her "young one".
    She looked up when that little spellcaster addressed her. "Not THAT young." She comments before continuing. "I answered a call from a queen in need of help. Simple as that." She leaned back more against the ship railing, her long hair keeping her face largely hidden.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

He chuckles
    I doubt you have seen even half my years. My people do not show their age as much as yours.
    His face creases with a small amount of effort, and he floats up to be level with her.
    I see you have a less mercenary attitude than most of those present. If you do not mind my asking, what is your talent? You have seen mine.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I just realized that I am a light load for my telekinetic arm.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Kheldar moves to no longer be touching his comrades at the sight of such a bounty of food. Oranges?! I love oranges! And apples, and grapes, and ... whatever that is! Oh, and there is the lamb! Moving swiftly, he grabs a plate from the table and loads it up with fruits and meats. Navis, can you cook potatoes? Or I can eat them raw. But mashed potatoes are better. With cream! And broccoli! Oh.. never mind, I have plenty of food already.

Spoiler: OOC: Food
    Show
    I'd guess Kheldar eats twice as much as the average changeling, due to his ability to shapeshift as much as he does needing a higher metabolic rate. But Fey eat ~1/4 to ~1/16th as much food as mortals. But he is only part fey. I'd go ahead and guess he eats an average amount of food then.

So, three oranges, two apples, 3 dozen grapes and 1lb of meat seems reasonable. If he is partially fey, he probably prefers fruit over all else. But shapechangers I imagine would want a lot of protein for all the muscle re-configuration they have. Plus he has a base STR of 14, so he is pretty strong.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know, mashed potatoes would be good, but I heard of a foriegn food where they slice the potatoes into little... rods, for lack of a better term. Then, they'd fry them in oil. Don't remember what they were called, though. It's always been something I've wanted to try..."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

French Fries!
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

"Sorry Masters, I regretfully must say that cooking is not one of the capabilities of mine, however if any of you have any skill cooking, I'm sure we have enough ingredients for you to make a warm meal." says Navis

17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Torrain nods as she engages the lock on the chest. As she's considering her glaive she over hears her fellow travelers coming below decks. She watches as they filter into what appears to be the galley. Instead of joining them at the moment she unclasps one of her spellbooks, retrieves her ink and pen and begins penning notes. Eavesdropping on the conversation in the next room.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darklink_shadow View Post
    After a long moment, Kheldar had still said nothing. I don't know what I am. But I can change. Things can change. If you can make the world a better place by killing half of it, I would support it. I'm just not sure I know that mortal men are capable of living in peace. I've come to think the same conclusions as you. Any time there should be peace, mortals find some difference that makes them hate another. But... I've not yet lost my hope. I have little faith, but still some hope.

Kheldar looked downward at the sea. How fast are we moving, Navis?
    Haldavar shrugs a bit. Hardly an unusual thing. Most people don't know who they are, nor how the want to be remembered. Most people only think of what they're doing right now. They think of their farming, or their blacksmithing, or even their spellwork. I think of myself as a bit of a long-term planner. I think ahead! I know who I am, and what I am, and what I am capable of. I know my limits, and I know my values. I know myself well. There's much to be said about a man who truly knows himself. There's power in that knowledge. "Scientia Potentia Est," and all that. As for the nature of people, well... That's something no man can truly know. People hate much easier than they love, though both hatred and love are emotions not strictly required in life. I don't often allow myself to feel hatred, nor love, nor anything really. My time... abroad... taught me much about emotion, and about human interaction. All one truly needs is themself. Strength in yourself. Strength from your soul. Relying on others is one of the things that earned my my current place in this world. If it wasn't for... He pauses mysteriously before sighing. He doesn't continue, and it's difficult to read what he's feeling, seeing as you can't really see his face.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    As Haldavar finishes is soliloquy, the whole party hears Navis say,"Oh so you hear the voice in your head telling you to kill all the mortals too Master Haldavar." it pauses,"That was a joke, my nature prevents actually bringing harm to my passengers before you start to worry.Ha-ha, ha, ha-ha-ha" It seems magical assisting captains are not known for their humor, nor for their laughter.
    After the anti-climactic end of his last reply, he begins to lightly tap at his staff with a melancholy grace. Haldavar has no single point to glare at, and so decides to just shake his head. It's clear he doesn't quite find his little joke particularly entertaining. You oughtn't joke about voices in heads, my magical ferryman. A madness of the mind is a terrible thing. It... changes everything. We do not know much regarding the nature of insanity, but a colleague of mine spent many a year studying the minds of broken men. He built the first real asylum. There, he would study the poor souls infected with the horror known as madness. Some would hear voices... others would harm themselves and others. Some would even eat themselves, given the chance. The truly frightening part is that sometimes even the simplest of men carries the seed of insanity. Dormant for years, but all it would take to turn a good man to a madman would be a certain weakpoint in the man's mind.

I have seen good men be reduced to babbling lunatics after losing things the loved. I came close to that feverish madness that can grip a man and ne'er let go. But, I was stronger than that. The nature of madness is something to be feared, not something to make fun of, my captain.
    Captain is spat out sarcastically, before the man turns slightly to the others, a sickly smile present under his scarlet hood. Just think of all the terrible things that could happen, should a madman be enclosed in a small space with innocents... Like say, a ship, at sea. Hahah. He chuckles darkly and turns back around. He coughs a tad after his laugh, before moving to walk away past the others.

Spoiler: Intimidate Check on anyone who hear's his weirdness.
    Show
    (1d20)[18]

(Ooh, 18 intimidate. So, he probably just scared the crap out of the others.)

Quote Originally Posted by OMG PONIES View Post

"Who, me?" Sven asks, looking around to see who else the wizard could be addressing. He looks flummoxed, as if the wizard is expecting an eloquent reply with a grand demonstration of verbosity. Sven furrows his brow and tries as hard as possible to sound smart. "Orestes and me walked here. Didn't you?" He leaves the unanswered question hanging in the air and introduces himself to the mage. "I'm Sven. You sure know a lot of big words, you know that?"

Sven sits and listens to the lengthy exchange between the two more philosophical men. While someone with more schooling would start to hear traces of utilitarianism coming from the assassin and anomie from the wizard, Sven just hears an awful lot of sadness. "That's sad. Instead of helping people for money or hurting people to help yourself, why not just do the right thing and help other people?" He had clearly just swam into the deep end--one that was full of sharks at that, and he was dripping blood into the water.
    Haldavar makes his way past Kheldar, and seems to be heading below deck. However, the great big Sven stands close to the way below. The wizard pauses as Sven speaks and looks up at the much taller and wider man. Ah, yes, I did address you didn't I, good sir? Oddly enough, the usually gruff wizard seems to take a sort of liking to the big man. In truth, Sven reminded him of a laboratory assistant the bitter old wizard had once had under his employ. The assistant was named Orian, and had been a large and dull mind. Useless when it came to figuring out the secrets of magic, yes, but quite useful in inscribing what the wizard had spouted out as he was working. Orian was also quite useful when it came to delivering food and drink to the tower. Orian was one of Haldavar's best friends, though Haforth could hardly register on the red wizard's level of intelligence. Orian had been horrifically scarred during the explosion, but had survived, last time Haldavar checked. He didn't really know what happened to the big man, but there were rumors of a scarred man, seven feet tall, clad in full plate serving in various armies about the lands. Haldavar suspected that his assistant turned to war to live the rest of his days. Good for him, in Haldavar's mind. He smiles with nostalgia before finally responding to Sven. He sounds friendly, but there's that ever-present hint of darkness in his tone. This a world of sadness, my large friend. Of self-reliance. The world is a sad and dark place... But there is some good in it, some innocence. You have an air of innocence about you. It will be interesting to perceive your reaction to real battle, and real war...

There you will see the cruelty of men on display. I wonder if you're a cruel man under all that muscle and hot air.
    And with that, he moves below deck to eat.

Those who wish to eat go downstairs, directed by Navis, and come to the dinning room. It is a very spartan room, consisting only of a brown circular table and what appears to be an orb affixed to the ceiling enchanted with Light. The table has nine chairs around it, and each one has a plate and goblet in front of the chair.

Off to the side of the room is a pantry which holds the water, wine, and food for the meal. In the pantry there are many different things to eat, ranging from dried strips of beef to oranges.

"I hope your meal is a pleasant one my masters," says Navis as those who came down enter the dinning room.
    Haldavar walks down the stairs slowly, his staff stomping the ground with every limped step he takes. He'll make his way to the pantry wordlessly, before taking a few things. He moves back to his seat, near the window in this room and places his gathered food on the plate. There's a piece of bread, two carrots, and an apple. Haldavar hadn't eaten in a while, and was quite hungry due to it. He places his napkin in his lap and rests against the back of his chair before slicing the bread, carrots, and the apple into smaller slices, which he will impale with his fork and begin to eat, slowly. He doesn't accept any drink found here, but instead takes a flask from his pocket and takes a long swig. He doesn't speak, instead taking the chance to relish the nostalgic feeling of the water rocking the boat, and of the sweet taste of apple and carrot. The red wizard's staff rests beside him.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2014-07-14 at 06:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

ClericGuy

He chuckles
    I doubt you have seen even half my years. My people do not show their age as much as yours.
    His face creases with a small amount of effort, and he floats up to be level with her.
    I see you have a less mercenary attitude than most of those present. If you do not mind my asking, what is your talent? You have seen mine.
    She watched as the small creature seemed to lift itself to be eye level with her. For a kobold, he was fairly civil. Deicind to oblige him, she turned to face him, pulling aside her curtain of hair.

The covered half of her face bore a black seal, seemingly centered over her closed eye. She let her hair fall back once she felt Nuro had a good enough look and explained, "I am a Warlock first and foremost. I can see and pull on the threads of the arcane as easily as a spintress spins a loom, or a harpist plucks their strings. Some time ago I made a pact with Naberius, a rather curious creature, as I found out later, known as a Vestige. He's the closest thing I have to a deity, since the proper ones... didn't care for me too much."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyeal View Post
    She watched as the small creature seemed to lift itself to be eye level with her. For a kobold, he was fairly civil. Deicind to oblige him, she turned to face him, pulling aside her curtain of hair.

The covered half of her face bore a black seal, seemingly centered over her closed eye. She let her hair fall back once she felt Nuro had a good enough look and explained, "I am a Warlock first and foremost. I can see and pull on the threads of the arcane as easily as a spintress spins a loom, or a harpist plucks their strings. Some time ago I made a pact with Naberius, a rather curious creature, as I found out later, known as a Vestige. He's the closest thing I have to a deity, since the proper ones... didn't care for me too much."
    Nuro nods as she explains.
    Fascinating. Though you don't seem as vile as most of the warlocks I have heard of. Is this innocent outset simply a cover for a truly depraved creature? I doubt it, but, as our colleague the shapechanger proves, appearances can be deceiving.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

"Sorry Masters, I regretfully must say that cooking is not one of the capabilities of mine, however if any of you have any skill cooking, I'm sure we have enough ingredients for you to make a warm meal." says Navis
    "Ah, Captain Navis, watch and learn," says Orestes. "I'll cook us a meal that would make the dead gods rise again. Have I told any of you about the Winter Hag of the Ebony Lake? Of course not, I've only just met you. Oh, she was a fearsome one, with an evil eye as big as this orange. They call her kind a marzanna, and she lived deep out in the Ebony Lake of Crystallos, where only frost giants and ogres dared to tread. Winter hags are brutal creatures, and crave nothing more than the flesh of humans. She caught me hunting on the shores of her lake and locked me up in her cabin, saying she would fatten me up and cook me for her midwinter feast." As he talks, he slices potatoes and apples. He spots an onion in the larder and nods appreciatively. "I told her I could cook her a meal that would make her forget all about human flesh, if only she'd let me go." He crisps bits of salt pork in a hot pan, rendering down the fat, then removes the meat and adds in the onion to cook in the sizzling fat. "Now that was a meal worth singing about! I cooked for three days straight. I cooked great whole fish, strange eyeless creatures that swam beneath the frozen lake, charred over planks of evergreen trees. I cooked her the fresh kidneys of a newborn caribou. I dug roots and mushrooms from beneath the snow and seasoned them with juniper and sage." He adds in the potatoes and apple, and when they grow soft and crisp, adds back in the pork. "When I was done, the hag was so full and happy that she kissed me on the cheek and asked me to stay on as her personal chef. I told her I would, then snuck away when she went to sleep. Never trust a hag, I say. Here we go!"

He hefts the large skillet and begins portioning out pork, apple and potato hash to the waiting crowd.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Phew. Got a 20 on my totally untrained cooking check. It would have been embarrassing if after that little tall tale, I'd ended up cooking slop
    Last edited by Piggy Knowles; 2014-07-14 at 06:43 PM.
    Optimization Showcase in the Playground

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD
    IC LXXVI: Talos
    IC LXXV: Alphonse Louise Constant
    IC XLIX: Babalon, Queen of Bones
    IC XLV: Dead Mists
    IC XL: Lycus Blackbeak
    IC XXXIX: AM-1468
    IC XXXV: Parsifal the Fool
    IC XXX: Jal Filius

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

As the mess of meat, fruit and potato met his plate, it quickly disappeared into his maw. A slightly too long tongue emerged to lick his lips as Kheldar leaned back in his chair to prop his feet on the table. Delicious! Though I haven't had a cook meal in some time, I think that may have been the third best meal I ever ate! Next time you should use apricots, however. A more refined man than I've ever met since once told me that apples and pork only meet ... well now that I think of it, he was being rather rude. But I would greatly enjoy if you did a repeat performance, but with apricots. The man raved about his cook's apricot pork. Hmm... and then he died. I should have impersonated him and sampled the meal he was set to have that night... of well, we live and we learn.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2014-07-14 at 06:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

ClericGuy

Nuro nods as she explains.
    Fascinating. Though you don't seem as vile as most of the warlocks I have heard of. Is this innocent outset simply a cover for a truly depraved creature? I doubt it, but, as our colleague the shapechanger proves, appearances can be deceiving.
    "It seems we can learn from one another, in that respect." She commented slyly, referring to him being a arcane-inclined kobold. She sighed softly and tilted her head back a little. "If I truly was as vile as your conceptions say I am, I would have tried to alter the course of this ship to sail us elsewhere, instead of our intended destination. Or tried to influence others to my side if force was needed." Xelra chuckled darkly at that. "I simply want information. And I can get it far more easily if I'm willing to help others in power, or who may have said knowledge that they're willing to part with for a favor. Less hassle that way, and whatever I usually end up killing keeps me fed with the bounty I collect on it. So, victory for all."

24. - Top - End - #114

Level Check - (1d20+6)[9] vs Haldavar's intimidation.

Haldavar's words shake Sven. Here was a man claiming to feel neither hatred nor love, but apparently so overwhelmed with hatred that he was blind to it. "Well I can imagine how you think life's so sad, 'specially if you've got no love. That's the only thing that keeps us going somedays." However, Sven sees no reaction register from Haldavar. Could it be that this man simply didn't care? The thought of someone so detached from everything--from everyone--made Sven frown. His thoughts drifted to home as he started to stare listlessly to the North. It's only Haldavar's prodding that brings him back around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    He sounds friendly, but there's that ever-present hint of darkness in his tone. This a world of sadness, my large friend. Of self-reliance. The world is a sad and dark place... But there is some good in it, some innocence. You have an air of innocence about you. It will be interesting to perceive your reaction to real battle, and real war...

There you will see the cruelty of men on display. I wonder if you're a cruel man under all that muscle and hot air.
    And with that, he moves below deck to eat.
    "I don't know much, but I know we've got a choice on what kind of men we are...at least most of the time." At the last words, Sven looks to the deck, as if the mage's disturbed ruminations had struck some kind of nerve. As the wizard leaves, Sven decides to distract himself by engaging in conversation with another passenger. He lumbers over to Xelra and Nuro, but keeps in mind to keep a watchful eye on Haldavar. There was no telling what that mage was capable of...he'd have to talk to Orestes about it later.

She had written something in her book as they were all talking, eventually putting it away in a secure part of her bag along with her writing implements. Closing her eyes and letting the gentle rocking of the ship lull her into a nap.
    "Whatcha doin?" The childlike curiosity of Sven interrupts the gentle rocking of the ocean. "You were writing something, weren't you? I saw you writing something--what was it?"
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2014-07-14 at 08:19 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Torrain closed her spellbook, attached it to her belt with a metal clasp and stored her writing utensils back into the leather pouch at her hip. She stood, stretched and sheathed the glaive across her back and walked into the galley. Waving nonchalantly she grabbed an apple, bit it, grabbed another and some jerky with her offhand. Then she left, still waving with mouth and hands full.

Hefting the hatch leading onto deck she spotted two sets of two conversing. Lovely. she thought to herself. She strode to the bow and sat with her back against the siding, watching the water splash past her while eating.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

"It seems we can learn from one another, in that respect." She commented slyly, referring to him being a arcane-inclined kobold. She sighed softly and tilted her head back a little. "If I truly was as vile as your conceptions say I am, I would have tried to alter the course of this ship to sail us elsewhere, instead of our intended destination. Or tried to influence others to my side if force was needed." Xelra chuckled darkly at that. "I simply want information. And I can get it far more easily if I'm willing to help others in power, or who may have said knowledge that they're willing to part with for a favor. Less hassle that way, and whatever I usually end up killing keeps me fed with the bounty I collect on it. So, victory for all."
    Ah, but how do I know you haven't done these things? You could be interfering with my mind, and if you were skilled enough, perhaps I wouldn't notice.
    The expression on his face, a wide grin, clearly denotes this as an academic hypothetical, not a true accusation.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

27. - Top - End - #117

ClericGuy

Ah, but how do I know you haven't done these things? You could be interfering with my mind, and if you were skilled enough, perhaps I wouldn't notice.
    The expression on his face, a wide grin, clearly denotes this as an academic hypothetical, not a true accusation.
    "Because we wouldn't be chatting about it." She replied with a cold smile on her half-hidden face. "We'd already be sailing to where I want to go, not debating whether or not you were under my control." She shook her head slightly, folding her arms under her chest. "Actions can define a person. I don't need to debate with you what I'm capable of; I can very easily just do it to prove my point. But, I won't, because I have no reason to, and we're out in open water. It would not go well for anyone if I were to give a demonstration."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Haldavar continues to eat, but soon finds his hunger sated, and his thirst quenched. With that, the wizard begins to accidentally doze off, facing the window. He had gotten up awfully early, after all.

29. - Top - End - #119

Sven

It's unclear whether Sven doesn't notice the conversation going on between Xelra and Nuro or is just too rude to care, but every once in a while he chimes in with a pestering "Whatcha doin'?" Of course, anyone who knew Sven would know that he was unaware that such interruptions could ever be considered rude; he simply had a question that hadn't been answered. Perhaps Xelra hadn't heard him, so he decided to keep repeating the question until it was heard: "Whatcha doin'? Whatcha doin'? Whatcha doin'?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Eventually as the night drags on, each party member succumbs to sleep and finds their rest, whether in be in the hammocks below deck or gazing at the stars above deck and falling asleep on the planks.

The rest of the journey has nothing interesting else happen that is noteworthy. Navis makes disparaging remarks about Orestes gender and intelligence, Haladvar talks more about genocide and torture, and Sven still insists on swabbing the deck despite Navis' pleas that it was unnecessary. While the party may not be best of buds yet or even trust eachother, they all seem to be more or less confident in each others abilities.

Spoiler: @Tyreal
    Show
    On the third night of travel you have a terrifying dream, in it a being characterized by the lack of matter is has rather than any matter (be it flesh, bone, or metal) attempts to walk towards you. This being almost appears to be a hole in the universe, as if it isn't supposed to even exist or it if was, it wasn't meant to be viewed by mortals. You wake up in cold sweat before it reaches you and are so terrified you do not sleep again that night.

7th Day of Nevernus, X302 ACM

After four long days of travel, you finally arrive in Suus waters. The weather is in stark contrast to the weather you left Sciath in, the sky is grey and lightning is flashing non-stop, as heavy rain pours relentlessly down on the coast. It takes Navis about an hour to find a suitable cove to dock in, after which he informs you that you are approximately five miles west of Ao'Zet

Once docked, the party steps off of the ship and you all see it vanish from sight although the more perceptive of you still notice ripples from where it's located. As you step off and leave the rock encircled cove, you enter grasslands which appear to be well watered, signaling this weather is not usual in this area.