New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 3: Explore, Experiment, Explode

Tempest Row

Valcario ears fluttered with annoyance.
    "Well pardon me if I'm a little cautious about playing reality demolitionist, no matter how weak the explosives involved. Not all of us come from universes where this sort of thing is that safe like your research. Your talking multiversal metaphysics here: what results in a fireball in one universe results in nothing in another, there are entire series of universes where doing the same thing can have different outcomes depending on which one you do it in. This holds true even if your talking about bridging the gaps between them, because every universe has its own rules about how it happens and how its done, and what the dangers are- and the interactions of how such things happen get more complicated depending on the two universes your talking about: say that in Universe A its as safe as yours, but in Universe B, its as dangerous as mine, and that your trying to bridge the gap. sure it might be safe on your side, but it might not be safe on the other side, and that is not counting the possibility of Mad Scientist Murphy's Law: Whatever you think won't go wrong with your experiment, will. Its a universal axiom of mad science like what your proposing to do, and your standing in the city that is Exhibit A of its existence and its effects. For example: Three, Two, One, Action."
    He counts with his fingers and points forward. Suddenly a plant man with wings bursts out of a nearby building and shouts "Freedom!" and flies away while a mad scientist runs after it going "Impossible! Those were supposed to be FINS!"
    "I'm coming along, because I'm not leaving this potential wildfire unchecked. and don't think this isn't mad science that your doing here, these things are illegal, your looking for one in a city filled with mad scientists, and your planning to do something potentially dangerous that if it succeeded could make a lot of people's lives better, which is the start of most mad scientists in existence. I want to make sure your crazy plan to return people back home doesn't go horribly wrong, and if it does, I want to be there to be damage control."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Tempest Row]

"'Mad scientist'?" Geneva retorts, her feathers standing on end in a pretty obvious threat/agitation display. Her ears were already back a bit. Now they're flat against her skull. "You have the audacity to call me a mad scientist when you obviously haven't the faintest grasp of how anything you're ranting about actually applies to the Nexus? Bridging from one multiverse to another is inherently dangerous for exactly the reason you described, but that's not what I have any intention of doing. The Nexus isn't a universe, it isn't part of some multiverse, it's a thing to itself, a sui generis phenomena. It touches all universes, at least tangentially. And my project is aiming to expand that tentative touch into something traversable in a safe and economical fashion."

She gives one of her hind hooves a little stomp, her tail lashing back and forth behind her.

"The Nexus already translates idealized notions from one cosmology to another in the process of coming to and from here. If it didn't, then everyone who arrived here in the Nexus would be dead due to clashing laws of physics. Everyone who traveled from the Nexus to another reality that it touches other than their home realm would also be dead. But neither of these things happen for the exact same reason why you can comprehend me perfectly despite the fact that I'm speaking in Equestrian. Because some as yet poorly understood force in the Nexus is busy translating for us."

The hippogriff steps right up to the cat-person, looming with her whole nearly ten foot long sans tail body. Having an obviously agitated apex predator up in one's face would probably be somewhat uncomfortable.

"And don't you think for a moment that I would continue this line of experimentation if I discovered even a fraction of a percentage point of a chance that it could end catastrophically and cost innocent people their lives. Don't you dare compare me to scientists who are willing to go stomping forward, the consequences be damned. Don't you dare compare me to the unethical monsters who ply their sick projects without a thought for the people who the might hurt. DON'T YOU DARE assume that I'm the sort of person who dismisses lives as just another variable in their equations!"

Geneva narrows her eyes dangerously at the cat-person before turning back to the salamander, her feathers laying down flat again while her ears rise slightly. "I think you said there was something you wanted to show me? It might be nice to spend some time somewhere a little less bustling," she says in a pleasant, conversational tone that's completely at odds to the acid-edge she had just been using.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2014-08-12 at 10:58 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Storm's Row

He just continues walking after her, nonplussed
    "Wow, yer real touchy eh? Big talk, but I hate to break it to ya, but Nexus ain't a special phenomena. Its just another hubworld, another crossroads on the cosmos. Multiversal Metaphysics is all about how there is no consistency between individual universes laws, to the point where to function, each and every person generates their own reality field to help them interact with laws that are not their own, some universes are more adaptive and amenable to these fields, others are more hostile and require more changes to get into. Hubworlds are just particularly accepting worlds due to complicated equations involving space and planar-physics thickness and what not. Their laws are just that flexible in some ways, like clay. Others how have more consistency, more hard lines, or are even breakable as glass, things like this are not as simple as you make it out to be, else-wise there would be more people break holes in reality and traveling around.

But they don't, cause this sort of thing is complicated, its full of thorns and pitfalls. There are even some theories that research you do conforms to your own little reality field, tells you information based on the physics that you come from, because thats the path of least resistance in some cases, its the reality your used to, so its the reality you see. Thing is, the reality outside is still different and full of other rules and your own little reality only extends so far. When dealing with the fact that the very physical laws can change from place to place, you can't be too careful with this kind of thing. and yes, you have good intentions and yes you are good-hearted and all that, but the fact remains that there is no such thing as a zero percent chance. Thinking that you won't make a mistake is pride, its what leads to all mad scientists, and when their experiment has blown up in their faces and their lab is ruins, they still think they had all the equations right, that it is still viable and that they didn't make a mistake at all, and it all goes downhill from there.

And then of course, more scientists try crazy things like that, think they plotted everything out correctly, thinking they are heads and shoulders above all those who came before them and repeat the same mistakes. Besides, if your research is so safe- tell me, why haven't you cleared this with VIGIL? I'm sure the organization concerned with the Nexus's safety would be happy to know of a safe way to transport people back to their home universes, especially when its a safe application of a technology normally considered dangerous, and would gladly give the resources to make it, test it out and generally make sure it goes through, they probably have a bunch of scientists willing to look it over and confirm whether or not your right. Except, you are here. The one place where the law can't touch you. Why would you need to come here, I wonder, if your research is so safe? If it was proven to be safe, then you wouldn't need to come to Skyside, you'd be at Inside, submitting this to the appropriate institution, while they go build things to your specifications and everything proceeds without needing to get criminals involved. But your here. Which tells me that you haven't told VIGIL about this at all. Why? Afraid they will discover the flaws in it that will lead them to reject it? The law generally doesn't ban things that are proven to be safe after all..."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Storm's Row

"But where's the fun if there is no risk? How can one make grand discoveries without stepping off the beaten path?" The speaker, who overheard the last bits of the discussion, approaches the group floating a few inches above the ground on a circular platform made black flames - which do not harm anything - and standing with his hand behind his back like a military officer would do. He is clad in a hooded crimson robe, elegant but devoid of finery and the like, and his face is completely covered by a black gas mask, with reflective orange-ish lenses, that doesn't appear to muffle it's wearer voice. The figure briefly bows his head. "I am Imaginos, Summoner of the Void and Seeker of the Untold, researcher, doctor and occultist. I apologize for my ingerence, but I accidentally overheard your discussion and felt compelled to intervene."
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    Storm's Row

"But where's the fun if there is no risk? How can one make grand discoveries without stepping off the beaten path?" The speaker, who overheard the last bits of the discussion, approaches the group floating a few inches above the ground on a circular platform made black flames - which do not harm anything - and standing with his hand behind his back like a military officer would do. He is clad in a hooded crimson robe, elegant but devoid of finery and the like, and his face is completely covered by a black gas mask, with reflective orange-ish lenses, that doesn't appear to muffle it's wearer voice. The figure briefly bows his head. "I am Imaginos, Summoner of the Void and Seeker of the Untold, researcher, doctor and occultist. I apologize for my ingerence, but I accidentally overheard your discussion and felt compelled to intervene."
    Valcario scratches his chin while arching an eyebrow at Imaginos.
    "Hey, I'm normally all for risk and freedom and discovery what not, but this the structure of reality we're talking here. I'm kind of concerned about that. It could y'know, damage the universe, and the universe is where I keep all my stuff, and my me. and I was offering to help, to y'know, make sure this cool new discovery doesn't go out of hand like most other new discoveries and get caught in mad scientist dead-end alley. Geneva just blew up at me over a perceived insult.

oh and you remind me: Yet another risk to all this, mad scientists and other such people overhearing Geneva and trying to go after a Spacebreaker themselves, with intentions that might not be as well-meaning. Sure your invention might be safe, but that won't stop some wacko from stealing it and modifying it so that it becomes dangerous. That and how can I trust you, Imaginos? I mean sure if I were in Geneva's position, I wouldn't be trusting either me or you, but since I'm me, I'm inclined to only distrust you, the salamander over there doesn't seem like the type, but you? You, I'm getting a definite mad scientist vibe. Mixed with creepy occultist. We don't know what you'd want to do with this, which makes you the most dangerous here. This is a city of criminals after all, you can never be too careful about who you trust around here."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2014-08-13 at 03:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Storm's Row]

"Madness is but a matter of point of view, and I doubt anything can actually break the Nexus." Imaginos waves dismissally, as he steps off the platform (that disappears immediatly after collapsing on itself). "You ask why you should trust me...the question is, why should you have to? Nothing I say can force you to change your mind, anyway. Let me ask something, though. First: you decided I am to be distrusted only because of me being in this city: by the same token, are you to be distrusted too?" Imaginos raises one finger, and despite the mask Valcario can probaly tell he is being stared at. Then, he raises a second finger. "Second: why do you assume I want to do something with Miss Geneva's invention? I am no thief, and I have no interest in destroying the universe."

((It didn't seem like this scene had a particular turn order, but if that is not the case I apologize for skipping who I skipped and I obviously will refrain from doing it again.))
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-08-13 at 05:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempest Row

The salamander whispers to Geneva while the two are arguing. Hey, I've got a place with a guard if you want to come along. You can come back when those two are settled.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

8. - Top - End - #458

[Tempest Row]

Geneva gives a little nod and will do her best to sneak away with the salamander.

Roll for stealth!

Hopefully the two weird people are too busy arguing to notice.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

[Storm's Row]

"Madness is but a matter of point of view, and I doubt anything can actually break the Nexus." Imaginos waves dismissally, as he steps off the platform (that disappears immediatly after collapsing on itself). "You ask why you should trust me...the question is, why should you have to? Nothing I say can force you to change your mind, anyway. Let me ask something, though. First: you decided I am to be distrusted only because of me being in this city: by the same token, are you to be distrusted too?" Imaginos raises one finger, and despite the mask Valcario can probaly tell he is being stared at. Then, he raises a second finger. "Second: why do you assume I want to do something with Miss Geneva's invention? I am no thief, and I have no interest in destroying the universe."

((It didn't seem like this scene had a particular turn order, but if that is not the case I apologize for skipping who I skipped and I obviously will refrain from doing it again.))
    "One. Because you might be telling the truth about not wanting to destroy the universe- but have a different agenda in mind that is either crazy or selfish. Two. I'm a cowboy-pirate-thief who loves fire, adventure and explosions, I don't expect any sane honest citizen to trust me while no sane criminal trusts another criminal, they're a criminal after all! Three: Because it might be possible to use it for things other than destroying the universe, but still be a bad outcome. I can't be sure at this stage."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Storm's Row]

Imaginos notices Geneva and the salamander trying to slip away, but he doesn't care: he is busy arguing.

"I can assure you that I have no intention of going around wreaking havok. I intervened just because I wanted to defend science. Why should one not invent something beneficial only because it could be used for harming? Is that narrow-minded reasoning that forces brilliant minds to seek employement from criminal organizations." It should be noted that Imaginos does not appear to be angered, instead exposing his opinion calmly as if this wasn't the first time he has had a similar discussion.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Shantelle nods, getting in the driver's seat. Yep! I was in the army, after all. I could teach you sometime, if you want.

Onward! Dedicate your beating hearts to humanity!
    [Dead Dan's Flat]

If ever there was a better time to invoke the spell of timeskip, I'm secretly a potato-powered computer! With your permission...

Timey wimey! Wibbly wobbly!

Zoooooom!

Dan's flat is a more or less generic apartment in one of the more upscale neighborhoods of Skyside. Of course, before Shantelle and Toy can physically access Dan's apartment, they must maneuver themselves through a security checkpoint staffed by four body-armored assault rifle wielding guards, several cameras, and a turret mounted on the ceiling. By we I mean Shantelle, by the way. Toy may still be unloading the car or thoroughly searching it for real weapons and improvised weapons.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempest Row

The salamander nudges on a door, which is opened by a man made out of stone. She slides through, though exactly how is somewhat unclear, given that she really shouldn't fit.

13. - Top - End - #463

[Tempest Row]

With some luck, hopefully Geneva will be able to slip through the door as well.

Why?

Well... She certainly isn't smaller than the salamander.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

[Storm's Row]

Imaginos notices Geneva and the salamander trying to slip away, but he doesn't care: he is busy arguing.

"I can assure you that I have no intention of going around wreaking havok. I intervened just because I wanted to defend science. Why should one not invent something beneficial only because it could be used for harming? Is that narrow-minded reasoning that forces brilliant minds to seek employement from criminal organizations." It should be noted that Imaginos does not appear to be angered, instead exposing his opinion calmly as if this wasn't the first time he has had a similar discussion.
    "I never suggested that you do not invent things just because they could be potentially harmful, I was trying to offer to join them so that I could help them make it while preventing the very possibility of it being used for harm. I wasn't attacking science, hell, I have a chainsaw scimitar, a six-shot revolver and cherry bombs, and I'm a steamtech inventor. I'd be a hypocrite to argue against the things I do and possess. I was just saying that you have to have to be careful about these sorts of things sometimes, not every invention is a happy robot puppy. sure you have to take risks, but you also have to take precautions to minimize that risk. But neither can you be prideful and assume that you have accounted for all variables, there is always something that can go wrong. I'm sure even Gen-"
    He looks and see that they're gone.
    "They're gone! Now look what happened. They've slipped away. Thanks a lot, I was hoping for a great adventure where I protect someone from various mad scientists and political figures of the Nexus all trying to work to get the Spacebreaker for their own selfish gain, and finally cap it all with me dropping the bomb on someplace and me becoming known as the catfolk crazy enough to drop a Spacebreaker and live to tell the tale. But- alas! Back to boredom and pondering what thing I should steal next. Stealing a warehouse full of dynamite would be a bad idea right? Cause I want to."

15. - Top - End - #465
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Dead Dan's Flat]

If ever there was a better time to invoke the spell of timeskip, I'm secretly a potato-powered computer! With your permission...

Timey wimey! Wibbly wobbly!

Zoooooom!

Dan's flat is a more or less generic apartment in one of the more upscale neighborhoods of Skyside. Of course, before Shantelle and Toy can physically access Dan's apartment, they must maneuver themselves through a security checkpoint staffed by four body-armored assault rifle wielding guards, several cameras, and a turret mounted on the ceiling. By we I mean Shantelle, by the way. Toy may still be unloading the car or thoroughly searching it for real weapons and improvised weapons.
    Maneuver? Don't you mean massacre?
    Shantelle surveys the location for glass, thinking. Her plan of action will vary depending on the location of her second favorite substance.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #466
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dead Dan's Flat - The first being sugar, no?]

Massacre? Not necessarily!

There is not a generous supply of glass in this room, oddly. It appears that the tenants of this building are both better defended and stingier in their donations to Alyca and Shantelle's weapons and provisions procurement fund than the late Dan ever was. It won't be as easy to snuff these guards out as it was with Danny boy.

The lenses of the cameras are glass. The reinforced doors leading into and out of the room were forged out of metal. The guards wear no glass, but two computer screens are attached to rapid full body scanners one of the guards patrols behind. One of the guards recently purchased a smurtphone which he carries on his person.

That's about it in terms of glass availability.

17. - Top - End - #467

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Dead Dan's Flat - The first being sugar, no?]

Massacre? Not necessarily!

There is not a generous supply of glass in this room, oddly. It appears that the tenants of this building are both better defended and stingier in their donations to Alyca and Shantelle's weapons and provisions procurement fund than the late Dan ever was. It won't be as easy to snuff these guards out as it was with Danny boy.

The lenses of the cameras are glass. The reinforced doors leading into and out of the room were forged out of metal. The guards wear no glass, but two computer screens are attached to rapid full body scanners one of the guards patrols behind. One of the guards recently purchased a smurtphone which he carries on his person.

That's about it in terms of glass availability.
    Actually, it's behind the ties of sugar, spice, everything nice, snips, snails and puppydog tails, and blood. Mostly blood

Shantelle focuses, and the glass of the cameras are now inside the cameras. The next happening is the glass screen flingin itself through the nearest guard if he doesn't dodge, in shards of course, before aiming to hit another nearby guard.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Tempest Row]

With some luck, hopefully Geneva will be able to slip through the door as well.

Why?

Well... She certainly isn't smaller than the salamander.
    The door seems to Geneva to be just the right size for her to go through, even though it doesn't appear to change size. Once inside, the Salamander speaks. Mason, watch for those crazies arguing outside. We're going down to the basement. She motions Geneva into the hall, unlocking a door that leads to some stairs with a thick iron door at the end.

19. - Top - End - #469

[Tempest Row]

This is a bad idea.

Something wrong is going on here.

This place doesn't feel right.

All these are little warnings popping up in Geneva's head, but at the same time she's too angry at that jerk outside to turn around and just walk away. She doesn't want to deal with his nonsense and this is a convenient way to escape. Even so... She moves with a little more caution.

Navigating stairs is bothersome.

Especially stairs designed for tiny people.

But none the less, Geneva does her best to follow.

20. - Top - End - #470

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Arkant's Workshop

The girl will slow down with prodding, and will have a nap after she's eaten, without enough energy to both digest and do anything else. She sleeps deeply and peacefully, especially if she's got proper bedding to sleep on.
    Arkant's Workshop

((I forgot. Viidost was the translation from Poison, wodner what the page you use makes of it.))

Propper bedding is available. Viidost will leave the room while she is eating. He will close the door and lock it, mainly that the woman can't escape.
    Arkant waits in his room for his servant who arrives soon after the woman felt asleep.

"What do you think master?"
    "She will do, start the incections. I want to see if it even works in her state." Arkant waves with his hand and a Jet injector flies over to Viidost
    Viidost takes the injector and heads off to the womans room.
    He will try to sneak inside, what may be a problem for such a tall guy. He attemps to use the injector on her and leaves immediatly after.
    ((At this point I stop, because I would like to discuss what can/will happen. I'm not sure what you plan with the char so i guess we migth talk about that via chat or PM))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Storm's Row]

Imaginos points at the stone door. "They went in there..." Maybe he feels a bit guilty about denying Valcario an explosive adventure...after all, who doesn't love explosions?
    "She didn't seem particularly keen on letting you join, though. Maybe you ought to have asked nicely instead of calling her a mad scientist...but whatever, that is none of my business." He then pauses, thoughtful, tapping his fingers togheter. "Hmm...you seek adventure, don't you? I heard that a certain tome I have been seearching is located in a perilous forest in Inside, and having a bodyguard wouldn't harm. It is not certainly exciting as what you depicted, but if that will be the case I'm sure we will hear of this 'Spacebreaker' again...except that we might have a mean of countering it, should we need to." An extremely small chance is still a chance, after all.

22. - Top - End - #472

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Heights

Tester nods. "Ah, good. I can work with that. I'm afraid I don't know that one. Do you have one on hand? Else when Rush comes back I can use up another favor to have him pass the signal." he offers.
    The Heights

"I've got a spellbook around here somewhere." Arthur started digging through various drawers in the desk as he spoke, Willow's theft of his cigar temporarily forgotten. "Willow's toothcap radios should work, but better safe than sorry. Signal's the same either way. Just listen for the words 'grand vision' in a sentence." He continued searching, muttering as he wondered exactly where Willow moved the spellbook. It quickly became clear it wasn't where he last put it. He stops, glancing over to his girlfriend.

"Willow...did you move the spellbook again?" He somehow manages to make that sound like an accusation as scathing as a high-class robbery.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

The Heights

Willow crosses her arms and glares, the cigar in one hand. "Why would I touch it? I don't do magic!" She can barely even stand to look at the thing. Handle it? No way.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #474
    Orc in the Playground

Arkant's Workshop

The page I'm using is a Dragon-to-English description, so it'll take a long time to find it. I found Nivahriim by concerted effort to find a suitable name for my Dragon Priest.

If you're using Fallout's Jet, I believe it comes in inhalers, rather than needles. If not, then I don't know. I don't have much planned for this character; she doesn't even have a name yet.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

[Storm's Row]

Imaginos points at the stone door. "They went in there..." Maybe he feels a bit guilty about denying Valcario an explosive adventure...after all, who doesn't love explosions?
    "She didn't seem particularly keen on letting you join, though. Maybe you ought to have asked nicely instead of calling her a mad scientist...but whatever, that is none of my business." He then pauses, thoughtful, tapping his fingers togheter. "Hmm...you seek adventure, don't you? I heard that a certain tome I have been seearching is located in a perilous forest in Inside, and having a bodyguard wouldn't harm. It is not certainly exciting as what you depicted, but if that will be the case I'm sure we will hear of this 'Spacebreaker' again...except that we might have a mean of countering it, should we need to." An extremely small chance is still a chance, after all.
    "Well....ok why not. Also: there is a forest in Inside? what did some crazy person make a garden there and it just....sprang into a forest from the....cosmic confluences or whatever? But then again there is the Gardent in Skyside itself, so it doesn't seem unprecedented that there be a green section in cities....which doesn't make sense to me. Why put forests and gardens inside cities? hrm. Anyways, are we using whatever you have for transport, or do you want to go in The Blooming May, my zeppelin?"
    He said just gesturing to the zeppelin docked over there.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Orc in the Playground

Arkant's Workshop

After the injection, the girl will sleep for two days solid. Over that time, a row of scales will grow down her spine, and more across her shoulders. The rest of her body remains perfectly human, however, though her body temperature drops considerably.

When she wakes up, she blinks a few times, getting used to seeing from her now-serpentine yellowy-green eyes.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Calm After the Storm Row]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Well....ok why not. Also: there is a forest in Inside? what did some crazy person make a garden there and it just....sprang into a forest from the....cosmic confluences or whatever? But then again there is the Gardent in Skyside itself, so it doesn't seem unprecedented that there be a green section in cities....which doesn't make sense to me. Why put forests and gardens inside cities? hrm. Anyways, are we using whatever you have for transport, or do you want to go in The Blooming May, my zeppelin?"
    He said just gesturing to the zeppelin docked over there.

"They are called Black She- no, Black Goat Woods, if I remember well, but I have personally never been there. A litte green never hurts, anyway." Imaginos looks in the direction pointed by Valcario, then exclaims "A zeppelin? Excellent! I have no menas of transportation right now, because VIGIL refused to sell me one fo their submarines. *sigh* I haven't been able to try out my phase engine yet...but I digress. Make way!" Imaginos could actually teleport, but he will gladly follow Valcario to the zeppelin.

((Wheter you want to have a scene aboard the zeppelin or directly jump to Inside, I'll leave the first post to you since the zeppelin is yours))
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-08-16 at 05:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #478

Arkant's Workshop

The page I'm using is a Dragon-to-English description, so it'll take a long time to find it. I found Nivahriim by concerted effort to find a suitable name for my Dragon Priest.

If you're using Fallout's Jet, I believe it comes in inhalers, rather than needles. If not, then I don't know. I don't have much planned for this character; she doesn't even have a name yet.
    Arkant's Workshop

After the injection, the girl will sleep for two days solid. Over that time, a row of scales will grow down her spine, and more across her shoulders. The rest of her body remains perfectly human, however, though her body temperature drops considerably.

When she wakes up, she blinks a few times, getting used to seeing from her now-serpentine yellowy-green eyes.
    Arkant's Workshop

I more took it from the Star Treck universe. It's a small injection at the neck or arm. I don't know the fallout universe very well.^^

Well, what a scientists would Arkant be if he wasn't looking over his experiments. First off, Viidost will bring something to eat every day, even thought she remains asleep there is allways a few slice of bread and different other small things that don't spoil so fast. Arkant even set's up the temperature in the room when he notice the scales and the drop of her temperature. Sadly this room only got a normal light source, making it hard it heat up at the light. It needs a bit for Arkant to notice her getting awake, but after an hout Viidost will come so she is up for eating and notice her body changes.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Mortico's - Tempest Row

This place is warded through-and-through. Door's lead encased with cold iron and inscribed with runes in everything from salt to blood. Nothing short of a dimensional storm should be able to get out. the salamander carefully explains. Of course, these rules only worked in her home world. Who knows how Nexus magics might interfere?

30. - Top - End - #480

[Tempest Row]

Interacting cosmologies in the Nexus typically default to the defender in terms of deciding the end effect. Wards, barriers, and various zone effects always tend to be a bit of a sticky point and can often go either way depending on the specifics of the situation. The Nexus hasn't ever really been consistent about those.

Geneva pauses at the rather imposing looking door, scrutinizing it uncertainly.

"I'm not really sure what any of those things have to do with magic, aside from maybe the more ritualistic sort that some people in the Nexus use. We really didn't have anything like that back home," Geneva admits. She makes a clicking sound with her beak. "And I don't think using my chaos magic in such an enclosed space would be safe. Chaos magic functions on the principle of bending or breaking rules to accomplish and end result. It operates off will and whimsy rather than a strict set of physical laws."

She stares at the door a little longer, then turns to smile at the salamander.

"I was mostly just looking for an excuse to get away from those two before they noticed me again," she admits. "I was afraid I might do or say something regrettable. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to get out of sight."