New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIII: The Thread With No Name

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroten View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a dragon/water or fairy/water milotic either. The other two looks nice as well. ^_^

And no problem at all, Saijiri. As I said, take the time you need to get it done, no rush. :)
    I haven't gotten around to breed you a cherubi yet either, because distractions. I did however transfer over 2 cherubis from my SS game; one in love ball and the other in a friend ball. Which are your preference? (Thinking love ball cherubi since you mentioned pink, fluffy and cute =D)
    Love ball yes. I will embrace the pinkness

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Kurgan I added you. Nice Forrestress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh. IS there anything that makes it hard to get Serene Grace Togepi. In Heart Gold version I have save scummed 4 times to generate new eggs for new Togepis. I get different natures and personalities but I always get the stupid hustle.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Ugh. IS there anything that makes it hard to get Serene Grace Togepi. In Heart Gold version I have save scummed 4 times to generate new eggs for new Togepis. I get different natures and personalities but I always get the stupid hustle.
    I can't helped you with the older versions, but I have quite a few in XY.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

No its fine I don't really want to trade for it. I want to hatch it from the free egg. So much more interesting that way.

6. - Top - End - #306

No its fine I don't really want to trade for it. I want to hatch it from the free egg. So much more interesting that way.
    NVM I derped
    Last edited by Sajiri; 2014-09-07 at 09:16 PM.

Ruya avatar by me!
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sajiri View Post
    Is this..an egg given by an npc? I barely remember HGSS but if that's the case I dont think its possible to get HAs from that. I cant remember exactly, but werent HA pokemon only available with that pokewalker thing in that game? Man...wonder what happened to mine.
    Serene Grace is actually one of Togepi's 2 abilities - he's just having some really bad luck.

Hidden Abilities were not introduced until 5th Gen also.

8. - Top - End - #308

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
    Serene Grace is actually one of Togepi's 2 abilities - he's just having some really bad luck.

Hidden Abilities were not introduced until 5th Gen also.
    Yeah I was literally just about to say never mind thought it was a hidden ability :p

Ruya avatar by me!
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, I know in Gen VI, it's a 80% chance to inherit the parent's ability, 60% if it's a hidden ability, but I'm not sure about previous generations. This gen is the first I've done much serious breeding.

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

10. - Top - End - #310

I've been trying to come up with a little challenge for myself. I dont like nuzlockes or their variations because I still want to use the pokemon I like and dont want them to 'die' if I really like them. I consider monotypes but Im too indecisive for that. I do themes, like a cute theme, or dogs, or dragons (charizard isnt a dragon type but looks like one, so he fits the theme for example) but well...there's no real rules in there.

Im also going for that sun team idea still, trying to work out what fits or how to make my favourites work.

This is NOT for a competitive team, just my enjoyment in the single player game.

Obviously fire types work, a lot of grass types with abilities relate to sunny weather too. Movesets too but have to fit the theme- moonlight is increased in the sun (I think) but that move makes no sense for a sunny team, unlike morning sun.

I will definitely use my drought vulpix and cherrim. Also want altaria and milotic (eventually...) though at least milotic doesnt fit so well. Things like solrock make obvious sense but...bonus points if they're cute and pink, cream/white or yellow :p Any ideas?

Giving myself a rule that if I want something from another game, I can only trade it in when I've caught a comparable pokemon to trade in it's place (aka if I want an electric rodent from a different game, need to catch the one in the game Im playing first)

Ruya avatar by me!
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Just added four more things to my trade list (in signature) : Joltik, Mawile, Aron, and Beldum.

Sajiri - I recommend looking at the things you love but wouldn't be likely to use competitively, and making use of those. At least get some enjoyment from things you think are cool, but that you wouldn't honestly actually use post-game.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

12. - Top - End - #312

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Just added four more things to my trade list (in signature) : Joltik, Mawile, Aron, and Beldum.

Sajiri - I recommend looking at the things you love but wouldn't be likely to use competitively, and making use of those. At least get some enjoyment from things you think are cool, but that you wouldn't honestly actually use post-game.
    That is what I usually do. I never get around to competitive stuff, I start breeding then get bored, or restart the game, or a new game comes out and I move onto that to start breeding all over again

Ruya avatar by me!
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

I've been trying to come up with a little challenge for myself. I dont like nuzlockes or their variations because I still want to use the pokemon I like and dont want them to 'die' if I really like them. I consider monotypes but Im too indecisive for that. I do themes, like a cute theme, or dogs, or dragons (charizard isnt a dragon type but looks like one, so he fits the theme for example) but well...there's no real rules in there.

Im also going for that sun team idea still, trying to work out what fits or how to make my favourites work.

This is NOT for a competitive team, just my enjoyment in the single player game.

Obviously fire types work, a lot of grass types with abilities relate to sunny weather too. Movesets too but have to fit the theme- moonlight is increased in the sun (I think) but that move makes no sense for a sunny team, unlike morning sun.

I will definitely use my drought vulpix and cherrim. Also want altaria and milotic (eventually...) though at least milotic doesnt fit so well. Things like solrock make obvious sense but...bonus points if they're cute and pink, cream/white or yellow :p Any ideas?

Giving myself a rule that if I want something from another game, I can only trade it in when I've caught a comparable pokemon to trade in it's place (aka if I want an electric rodent from a different game, need to catch the one in the game Im playing first)
    Special Tropius with Solar Beam/Synthesis/Air Slash/XXX and Harvest? Sunlight makes Harvest activate every turn, so I'm sure that there's some sort of abuse that you could make of that.

14. - Top - End - #314

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
    Special Tropius with Solar Beam/Synthesis/Air Slash/XXX and Harvest? Sunlight makes Harvest activate every turn, so I'm sure that there's some sort of abuse that you could make of that.
    Hrm...I've always kinda liked tropius but never used one.

Ruya avatar by me!
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe consider Cloud Nine Golduck, as a means of Water-type coverage that conveniently turns off the sunlight when the sun becomes less desirable.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hrm...I've always kinda liked tropius but never used one.
    I remember tangling with a Tropius in a gym battle in...Emerald I think, what a beast that was. I was totally unprepared for that beast and it tore me a new one.

friend code is 5258-0586-5870

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Maybe consider Cloud Nine Golduck, as a means of Water-type coverage that conveniently turns off the sunlight when the sun becomes less desirable.
    I'm not all that fond of golduck. If Im gonna have a water type, especially in that game, it's gotta be milotic. I remember spending 6-7 hours just slowly moving down the river on that one route fishing 6 times each tile until I found the one with feebas, I was very attached to that thing after that and have tried to get my hands on milotic in each game since.

Ruya avatar by me!
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

how about the Avatar Challenge?

per the rules, air nation uses fennekin, because it eventually gets the psychic type...
    Last edited by Fjolnir; 2014-09-08 at 03:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319

I can just see everything I have will know solar beam. Also I think cherrim with weather ball might be neat.

Here's something I've never been too sure on but havent tested. I know that depending on where vivillon is caught it's pattern changes, but does it inherit it's pattern on breeding? Im thinking not though ): What about when it evolves too, I think I've done this with someone but forgot to follow up, if you have a scatterbug someone in a different region traded to you, then it evolves will it still have the pattern from it's original region?

I restarted Y and using my special pokeball vivillon, I kinda like the little guy. But man I adore that sun pattern...it would fit well too with the sun theme! Except I guess you can only get that pattern in Mexico, and I don't know anyone in Mexico ): At least, I don't think I do.

Here's my pool of choices for sun theme so far

Definite- Drought ninetales, cherrim

Can be caught in Hoenn assuming the pokedex is the same as gen 3 pre E4- Delcatty, Beautifly, Tropius, Arcanine (I think growlithe could be caught), Salamence, Altaria, Flygon (I always thought he was neat but never used one), Shiftry, blaziken but I'd be choosing torchic and trading out for vulpix so I dunno...maybe milotic just because I love it and it's colourful

Can be traded- Vivillon (sun pattern, if I can find one), espeon (I dont think you could get eevee in RSE?), volcarona, charizard, infernape, Leafeon since he's my favourite..but I'd imagine there'd be no way to evolve to leafeon until post game, whimsicott

I'm mostly just making a fun list of things that could fit, not building an actual team. Sometimes I like to use stuff for a while then replace it with something else.
    Last edited by Sajiri; 2014-09-08 at 04:07 PM.

Ruya avatar by me!
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I can just see everything I have will know solar beam. Also I think cherrim with weather ball might be neat.

Here's something I've never been too sure on but havent tested. I know that depending on where vivillon is caught it's pattern changes, but does it inherit it's pattern on breeding? Im thinking not though ): What about when it evolves too, I think I've done this with someone but forgot to follow up, if you have a scatterbug someone in a different region traded to you, then it evolves will it still have the pattern from it's original region?

I restarted Y and using my special pokeball vivillon, I kinda like the little guy. But man I adore that sun pattern...it would fit well too with the sun theme! Except I guess you can only get that pattern in Mexico, and I don't know anyone in Mexico ): At least, I don't think I do.
    I would say that a scatterbug from a Marine (or whatever) region will evolve into a Marine Vivillon. Can't say I'm 100% sure, but I'd bet some money on it.
    You can try the GTS. Sun pattern is common enough that you won't need to answer a crazy request.

Pokemon Y(Afo) an Alpha Sapphire (Al)
    Friend Code: 4656-7012-2957
    Friend safari: lilipup, loudred, ditto
    Available pokemon for trade: Follow the link.

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by Elhann View Post
    I would say that a scatterbug from a Marine (or whatever) region will evolve into a Marine Vivillon. Can't say I'm 100% sure, but I'd bet some money on it.
    You can try the GTS. Sun pattern is common enough that you won't need to answer a crazy request.
    Normally everything on GTS feels like they just want legendaries :p Too bad Im at work right now so I can't connect my 3ds to check. Have to remember when I get home

Ruya avatar by me!
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Full list of known Sun Pattern countries: Australia (Northern Territory), Belize, Cayman Islands, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

If you got a scatterbug through trade, it will evolve to the vivillon pattern based on it's original trainer's region.
    If you breed vivillon, it will inherit your own region's pattern.
    “A world where you can surrender yourself to sleep on a giant ball of fur is a world where you wouldn’t be able to get any work done. A perfect world.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Info
    Show

FC: 2809 8617 8608
    IGN: Raijin [X] & Akemi [Y] & Gardenia [ΩR]
    Safari: Water|Safari 'Mons: Panpour, Floatzel, Frogadier
    Trades - Go here for viewing a list of the pokemon I have available for trade.

Avatar featuring my poké-trainer, Raijin, drawn by Sajiri. ^_^

23. - Top - End - #323

Full list of known Sun Pattern countries: Australia (Northern Territory), Belize, Cayman Islands, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

If you got a scatterbug through trade, it will evolve to the vivillon pattern based on it's original trainer's region.
    Ah it was sun Northern Territory got? Damn, Im one state over >_<

The sad part is I'd want a scatterbug, but no way of telling it's pattern until it evolves. Otherwise a freshly evolved vivillon...hope I can find one. I also realised that before today I've been calling vivillon wrong the whole time. I thought it was vivillion.
    Last edited by Sajiri; 2014-09-08 at 04:05 PM.

Ruya avatar by me!
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

That's quite a wide geographic range. I had thought they were always sort of near each other.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    That's quite a wide geographic range. I had thought they were always sort of near each other.
    Full details on known Vivillon pattern regions ^^
    “A world where you can surrender yourself to sleep on a giant ball of fur is a world where you wouldn’t be able to get any work done. A perfect world.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

That's more randomly laid out than I had originally thought.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

By the way, in case the news hasn't reached most people's ears already: Vivillon Trading Site - For all your butterfly needs!
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

Thanks Kuro :)

Edit...actually I just had a thought. Is there a way to change what region your 3ds picks up in? I'm still in Australia, but if I could change my state to NT I could catch as many suns as I want. I dont know if there's a way to do that or it's automatic?
    Last edited by Sajiri; 2014-09-08 at 09:36 PM.

Ruya avatar by me!
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

By the way, in case the news hasn't reached most people's ears already: Vivillon Trading Site - For all your butterfly needs!
    If anybody ever wants a Modern pattern one, I can give you one for pretty much anything.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

30. - Top - End - #330

So it seems that vivillon's pattern is set by what region your 3ds is when you start a new game. I did restart Y and only made it as far as Lumiose...I guess I could change my state, restart the game, then change it back and I'll forever have sun patterns in Y, so I could breed good ones later if I wanted even.

Ruya avatar by me!
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)