New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: On Calmer Shores

@Tonel: With clanden underwater and the dwarf in the bag, you look at the last caged miscreant..

Hamis. And he is well guarded. Then again, Indira remains on the higehst perch and does not seem to react yet, except thrwoing empty threats.

There is one of those harpies around the cage where Clanden was, along with alsitra and Severna who are still invisible, but who knows- even a blind harpy was able to strike at the fey.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Tonel
    Wld Claw 9
    Alsira
    Severna

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Tonel considers the situation near Hamis’ cage. There is one Harpy right next to the cage and two more in the near vicinity. Seeing that he cannot get to the cage before the enemy can react, he about halfway and stops to cast a spell. One of the most powerful given to him by Lord Phaulkon.
    Control of the very winds from the wings of his God.

“Well, let’s see if we can make it a bit harder for them,” Tonel thinks to himself.

“Lord Phaulkon, allow me the strength to clear away the stench of these foul beasts who dare to pollute the pure sky that is your very being!”

Spoiler: Spell
    Show

Control Winds Increase wind force to Severe -4 to ranged attacks.

DC 15 fort save on each beings turn or be affected as follows. Any Flying creature considered one size category smaller
    Tiny Blown away
    Small Knocked down
    Medium Checked
    Large or larger None

Wind is blowing from right to left on the map

MAP
    Last edited by Frendle; 2014-08-23 at 02:05 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: You look at the the three harpies surrounding Hamis' cage and then look up at Indira, who stands at the very top of her Aerie as the sun shines bright above the mid air carnage.

The three harpies snicker and screech as they ready bows…

But that's when a cool breeze flows through them, causing Hamis' cage to move just a tad…

In a plit second, the winds blow severely, causing the Wild Claws near the mage to swirl around the powerful gales as surf from the very sea is carried aloft and stings them in the eyes.

Hamis' cage jostles like a pendulum, threatening to break off at anytime, as the wizard holds on for dear life in his barnacle studded prison.

Indira looks down from her perch and addresses you.

"The day a mere human would attempt to seize control of the skies, rightfully ours… you have guts, warrior. And these I shall display with pride on my mantle."

You then spot the lone harpy who fires at the invisible fey.

Severna's yelp can be heard in mid air and the cage that held Clanden tossles and turned as Alsira attempts to break free, to no success.

The three Wild Claws, hit heavily by the severe winds, shut one eye as sea foam stings their faces and shoot volley after volley of arrows at you.

One of them manages to hit you once.

Spoiler: 1st Arrow
    Show
    10 damage

The other one scores a lucky shot, even amidst the severe winds.

Spoiler: 2nd Arrow
    Show
    14 damage

The last harpy fires another volley, out of which one arrow strikes you in the chest.

Spoiler: 3rd Arrow
    Show
    14 damage

The harpy with the sisters screeches as her eyes go blank.

It would seem severna is once again using her fey powers on her mind, but it will take some more to get rid of her.

Map

Round 8

Show
    Tonel
    Wld Claw 9, 8, 7 & 5
    Alsira
    Severna
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2014-08-24 at 03:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Not expecting the Harpys to be able to accurately aim through the windstorm, Tonel gasps nearly takes his life.

I was very fortunate he thinks as he flys into the waters below that the Birdkillers had nearly gotten the last laugh.

Tonel calls upon Phaulkon to heal his peierced body. Being on the receiving end of archery is not an experience he is used to.

Show

Heal
    Last edited by Frendle; 2014-08-25 at 02:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: Bleeding as bad as the harpies you've been peppering with arrows, you take the plunge into the waves and call on Phaulkon's Grace to renew your vitality, as a golden glow emanates from the water around you and your wounds close and heal immediately.

Then, a splash a few feet away catch your attention as yet another harpy drops comatose from the skies.

Severna must've finished her off with her magic.

Looking through the water above, you watch the jail cell that kept Alsira bust open as Indira, who cannot be seen from your underwater position, begins to bark orders.

"The invisible ones are mine! Kill that archer!"

The three harpies struggling to fly around Hamis' cage fire arrow after arrow towards your direction as these pierce the water and dart past you.

It would seem your spell and the fact you are underwater has given you a tremendous advent..

Except for one lucky arrow.

Spoiler: Arrow
    Show
    12 damage

Map

Round 9

Show
    Tonel
    Wld Claw 8, 7 & 5
    Alsira
    Severna

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Feeling it is the time to unleash one of you most powerful spells granted you for your loyalty to Lord Phaulkon, you call upon the energies released in the storms and unleash it toward the Harpy neast the cage.

Then you arc it from Harpy to Harpy along a chain of lightning.

“Here is a gift from my God to you, my foul feathered fiends.” Having been filled with his Lord’s healing powers, Tonel’s spirits are high and he cannot resist a play on words.

Show

Chain Lightning Damage (11d6)[40] Half of this to the last three targets.

First target is Wild Claw 7, then the arc goes out to WC 5, 8 and 3.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler: DC for Chain Lightning
    Show

DC 21

DC for the spell

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: the skies darken as indira and her harpies look up and a single bolt of lightning strikes you as your eyes crackle with electricity and with a praise to Phaulkon, you expel the pillar of electricity that strikes the first Wild Claw.

The harpy screeches in pain as her russet feathers become blackened as a few scorching remnants float towards the waves.

But that isn't it.

The lightning arcs through the first wild claw and catches three more. One is able to resist the tremendous electrical impulse.

The rest are charred, weary from the wind storm, but still aloft.

One of the closest harpies looks dow at you as electricity trickles still through her body and fires a volley of arrow at you.

The other two do the same, but miss miserably, with only one arrow finding its mark.

Spoiler: Arrow
    Show
    10 damage

One of the struck harpies' eyes go white as drool escapes the side of her filthy mouth.

Severna has caught yet another, but it won't be enough to drop the bird hag in one strike.

Hamis' cage keeps jostling as the old wizard prays to whatever foul deity he may serve.

That's when Alsira's voice comes in silently to him.

"Shut up, you old fool! I'll get you out if you stay calm."

Map

Round 10

Show
    Tonel
    Wld Claw 8, 7, 5 & 3
    Alsira
    Severna

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Gratified with the effect of the lightning spell, Tonel considers his next action.

"Well, I've got a few spells that will be more effective than shooting through this gale."

So the Sky priest calls on the Thunder of Phaulkons storms to direct a palpable lance of sound at the Harpy which took the brunt of the Lightning.

"You have seen the power of my Lord, now hear his anger!"

Show

Sound Lance (10d8)[53]

DC 19 Fort for half

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: The Aerie is a bloody battlefield as Severna flies from harpy to harpy, placing them comatose as one of them tries to shoot at you and yelps in pain as it spirals towards the sea.

Another is similary affected by the Sirine's touch, but like before, her attack isn't immediately lethal.

You hear a click and a light sploosh on the water as a lock picking tool drops on the ocean and Alsira curses un sylvan.

It would seem the fey will need a few more precious seconds to free the wizard.

You call on Phaulkon's Fury and yell with all your might as sound is turned into a lance of golden light which trumpets itself towards the most injured harpy, still crackling with electricity from your earlier spell.

The feathered fiend grips her ears as blood spills from them in a gush, but the monster remains aloft.

Indira looks below and barks orders at her Wild Claws.

"Move out of that wind funnel! Bring that archer down. HARD!"

The three closest harpies do as instructed and fly out of the storm you have created and fire a single arrow each.

The first one strikes true in the chest.

Show
    7 damage

The scond one dos the same in your left shoulder.

Show
    7 damage

The third one strikes you in the stomach.

Show
    14 damage

The other two harpies farther behind, flap their wings and move closer towards Hamis' cage, still in the funnel as Indira remains on her high perch.

"You believe you can come to my Aerie and wreak chaos, warrior? I think not! There is a reason why I am Alecto's Divine Huntress. Your spells will not work on me."

Map

Round 11

Show
    Tonel
    Wld Claw 7, 5 & 3
    Alsira
    Severna

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Seeing that the Harpys have moved out of the windstorm, Tonel decides it is time to create a batter barrier to the beasts shafts.

He swims a bit closer to the cage and then creates a cylindrical wall of wind 55 feet tall surrounding him.

Show
    Wind Wall

MAP
    Last edited by Frendle; 2014-08-25 at 07:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: With most of the harpies out of the immense storm you had summoned and with arrows still flying your way, you call on Phaulkon once more as a swirl of sea water forms at your feet and you rise upwards as water encircles you and it is quickly dissipated by gale force winds in a perfect cylinder.

The three harpies let toose a volley of arrows as one screeches in pain and spirals comatose towards the waves below.

Severna strikes again.

Confident in Phaulkon's Protections, you watch the many arrows directed at you swirl around the tornado and blow upwards towards the sky as Indira looks on.

"Close in…tear him apart!"

The tow other harpies move in close to Hamis' cage just as Alsira breaks the door open and moves aside.

"You can leave now, old geezer."

The Birdkiller mage looks at the harpies and crawls into a ball in the cage.

"I'll… I'll just stay here until those things leave."

Severna moves in to strike one of the harpies near the cage, but even invisibly, she is unable to catch the feathered fiend as this one instinctively ducks at the last second.

Map

Round 12

Show
    Tonel
    Wld Claw 1,5, 7 & 10
    Alsira
    Severna

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

“Looks like it is time to let the light of justice shine on you my dark and evil foe!,” Tonel shout up at the harpy nearest him.

He pulls in the light of his Lord into his soul and he feels the familiar cohesion of the bright grace of Phaulkon build in his body, then as he releases his anger and lets the love of the Sky Lord flow through his arms he loses a brilliant arrow at the beast.

Show

Lucent Lance (1d20+16)[26]

(11d6)[44] Damage
    blinded for one round, dazzled for 11 rounds no save

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: You squint your eyes as you watch the bright sun above you and smile.

These creatures will never get a chance to strike you down again.

Calling on a spell used back in St. Rochim to dispose of one of the mohrg knights, you call forth a lance of pure sunlight, half the size of the Aerie itself, and hurl it at one of the weakest harpies.

A direct beautiful hit as the feathered hag is nearly knocked down to the water and her face burns with the power of sunlight and her eyes go completely white as it claws at thin air.

Two of the harpies fly down towards you with their claws outstretched as they each rip at your chest and back.

Spoiler: 1st Claw
    Show
    7 damage

Spoiler: 2nd Claw
    Show
    10 damage

The blind harpy makes a bee line for you, but being blind, it is unable to scratch you.

One of the harpies stays right next to Hamis' cage, where the frightened old wizard refuses to leave.

The harpie sneers at him and then her eyes go blank as she drools like a fool.

A double attack by the Sirine sisters, but it isn't enough to bring the creature down.

You can hear Alsira's voice in the air.

"Just jump into the water, you old fool! It's not that big of a drop!"

Hamis holds on to the rusty bars as the cage waves back and forth by the tremendous gusts of winds.

"I don't have my spell book! I can't fly! If you give me fifteen minutes, I can…"

Severna interrupts him.

"WE DON'T HAVE FIFTEEN MINUTES…JUMP!"

Hamis watches the Harpy guard still dazed by whatever power was inflicted on her and takes a deep breath as he places his body at the cage's edge.

Oh. Boccob..Uncaring One…make an exception to your most faithful servant!

And so, the old wizard Hamis, de facto leader of the Bird Killers, takes the plunge into the water as this one greets him with a loud splash and a grunt of pain…. a sign he is alive. If barely.

Boccob did not care much for him this day.

Map

Round 13

Show
    Tonel
    Wld Claw 1,5, 7 & 10
    Alsira
    Severna

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

“Finally, the fool has jumped from his cage, though it looks as though he hit rather harder than he wanted.”

Tonel knows that now is the time to leave if he can get the cleric under the water and away from this place. Of course that holds true for him and the Sisters as well.

Tonel takes a careful step 5 feet away from the two sighted Harpeys at the same time going 5 feet under the water in a diagonal and downward direction, Then he moves under the water another 5 feet and over to Hamis and holding on to him he calls forth the Heart of Water potion from his Haversack holding it out for Hamis to take. Tonel makes a drinking motion to the hapless Magic User.

Spoiler: First Move action
    Show
    Move to D30 on the first move action.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: With hamis hitting the water like a sack of cement, and Clanden waving his arms on the water a few feet away, and Uldir gassed and bagged, you know this is your cue to leave.

Submerging beneath the waves, you avoid the harpies and their talons and beckon Hamis to waddle towards you.

The old plump wizard, who has no doubt feasted on who knows how many birds in his many years as a Bird Killer, spits slat water as his ragged tunic weighs him down, yet, with desperation and a touch of adrenaline, the wizard clenches to yoru shoulders, fear in his eyes as he spits more saltwater in your face.

"T…T..Tonel? Tonel Carth! What in the name of the Great Library are you doing here? Nevermind- you must save me! I am a fountain of…"

Hamis swallows a healthy dose of saltwater as you pop the potion in his mouth and the wizard submerges under water.

Clanden wallows around as the waves hit his face.

"Help! I need somebody…HELP! Not just anybody!!!"

That's when the harpies above fly upwards and Indira, like a black comet, descends at tremendous speed fifty feet above the water, bow in hand.

"Wild Claws, you will be reprimaded for this… leave. These mortals and their fey helpers are mine."

Alsira and Severna gasp.

"She can see us?"

Indira turns her face towards the cage where Hamis was.

"Nobody esapce my hunter's sight, sirens. You dared come to my Aerie, not even half aware of the perils that await. Now, you deal with me. But first…"

Indira nocks back an arrow at fires at Clanden, as this one bites through his shoulder and sticks out behind him, spewing blood on the water and leaving the cleric barely alive.

"…I'll deal with my caged prey."

Severna and Alsira's invisibility wear off as Severna blows on the conch shell and a loud onerous tune echoes through the vast sea.

Indira looks at the fey and smirks.

"A cry for help? Nobody can save you, fey."

Alsira takes out her rapier.

"It's not to save us, you ugly hag… it's to save him."

That;s when a an enormous water lump emerges from the waves and a titanic sized creature, resembling an orca whale with elfin features and a falchion rise from the sea, interposing itself between Clanden and Indira.

The harpy huntress remains in place.

"Wavekeeper… you have no business here."

The sea giant looks at both fey and at Severna.

"Tell her that our debt is done. Get your friend out. Now."

Map

Round 14

Show
    Tonel
    Indira
    Alsira
    Kai
    Severna

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

“Get the Magic user out of here,” Tonel says to the Sisters. Then he casts a simple, but effective, Transmutation and then moves ten feet under the water and heads over towards Clanden.

Show
    Wings of the Sea, plus 30 to swim speed

MAP
    Last edited by Frendle; 2014-08-26 at 06:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: With the elfin titan standing right amidst the Aerie, Severna and Alsira descend upon a struggling hamis as Alsira grabs him by the collar and stuffs him in a bag of her own.

"Be careful, Tonel! Swim fast!"

And that you do, as you dive ten feet below the surface and translucent watery wings, akin to a manta ray's spring from your back as you speed towards Clanden's drowning body as his legs kick the salt water, attempting to stay afloat.

Indira keens her eyesight and nocks back a few arrows.

"You think being underwater will save you? I am Indira! Alecto's finest huntress! No prey, above or below water is safe from my arrows."

And so, four terrible arrows bite into your back and legs as you swim under the cover of the waves, hoping to gain concealment from this monster, Indira.

The first arrow strikes you in the left calf like a snake, worming itself through the wound and festering it.

Show
    18 damage plus 8 unholy

The second one strikes as well, on the right calf as you wince, but swim through the pain.

Show
    17 damage plus 3 unholy

The third causes you to cough blood as it punctures your right lung.

Show
    14 damage plus 7 unholy

The final arrow swims by you, merely scraping your triceps.

The gigantic elfin creature slams his hand against Indira, pinning her against the Aerie's feeble foundation as the Sirines yell at you under water and pieces of the gruesome platform begin to shake.

"Hurry up, Tonel! He can't keep her like that forever!"

Map

Round 15

Show
    Tonel
    Indira
    Alsira
    Kai
    Severna

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

With the increase from the haste spell and the spell giving him water wings Tonel is able to grab the Cleric and move nearly to the rocks.

He hopes that the Siren Sisters are getting away, but he must keep moving as fast as he can, diving as deep as he can to get away from the fearsome Indira.

MAP

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: You grab Clanden's wrist and swim underwater at unseen speeds, trusting that this very sopeed will prevent the mad cleric from drowning.

You surface by the rocks as the giant pummels Indira, held in his leathery fist against the backbone that makes the Aerie as cages break off from their steel rods and pieces of bone creat giant splashes.

Then, the giant howls in pain as Indira pricks his hand with her talons and flies upward, away from his reach as she looks at all of you while her domain crumbles into the sea and the few remaining harpies fly in circles around their dying Aerie.

"None of you are getting away!!!!"

Alsira hands Severna a scroll from her bag and Severna huddles around the group.

"I beg to differ, Indira. Good bye…and good riddance."

And just like that, all of you disappear with a low rumble and reappear so far away, that the Aerie is but a distant needle in the horizon as the sisters lie on their backs and exhale as the sun washes over all of you.

"I can't believe we did that!"

"We certainly garnered some unwanted attention, sister."

Clanden looks around as he holds on to you, having no swimming skills.

"What vile sorcery is this? Has Incabulos tricked me again? Are we safe?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Realizing he is now lying prostrate near his enemies, and knowing their evil ways he casts a quick cure on himself.

Show

Cure Critical wounds (1d8+11)[19]

Used restoration spell slot

After which he looks the amazed Clanden in the eyes. “Yes my old friend, you have been rescued from the clutches of one of the most powerful beings in the Ossian way by one whom you have long pursued with murderous intent.”

Tonel then looks at the two Sisters with great affection and concern, “My dear friends are you in need of any healing now or are we going to head out immediately.”

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler: rest of the spell
    Show

(3d8)[14]

The other three dice

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: Calnden clings on to your shoulders, since the cleric never really learned how to swim.

"By the Black Rider! Why would you come and rescue us? We have plotted over the years your demise. We are the Birdkillers! Blessed by Invaculos himself…"

Alsira whistles and within minutes, the hippocampi rise from the water, neighing and splashing water all around as you heal yourself and look at Clanden.

This cleric is no danger to you. Indira and her wild Claws made sure he was stripped from all his belongings, including his holy symbol. If Hamis' panicked ramblings are true, the wizard is also bereft of his spell book.

Not to mention Uldir and his warrior gear, which was absent when you freed him and turned him into a cloud.

If these three are as stupid as they have been in the past and even attempt to strike you down with their bare fists, you could easily put them out of their misery in the middle of the ocean.

Alsira climbs aboard her sea horse and opens her bag of holding.

"You alright in there, old geezer?"

My spell book! My countless arcane lore, lost to the seas of…

Alsira shuts the bag again.

"That's enough air for that windbag. You're Clanden, right? You can ride with me in the horse… but if you get any fresh ideas, the harpies will be the last of your concerns, you understand?"

Clanden paddles like a dog in water towards Alsira's hippcampus and struggles for a few seconds to climb aboard.

Severna gives you a gentle smile and pats her own horse.

"You're riding with me. We have still a few hours until we reach Choralis Island…"

the hours go by and eventually Uldir's gaseous form expires, which prompts you to open the top of your haversack in order to give him some breathing as the steeds gallop through the waves.

The sun sets as you arrive at the marble stairs leading up to Choralia's home and the three Birdkillers shudder when they recognize the place.

"This is where the witch lives!"

"She stole my cat!"

"Had you planned to expose us to further punishment, phalkonite? Is this a cruel mockery of the gods?"

The sisters dismiss their horses as these submerge underwater and look at the three tired, fearless, incompetent Bird Killers.

"You can stay down here if you wish…or you can come up to see my sister and get some rest. I wouldn't call her a witch, though- you might regret it."

The sirines walk ahead up the marble columns as the Birdkillers look at you.

"So…what happens now, Tonel? The authorities? Execution? Spells?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

“You are to go free, I swore this to you during the rescue, if you remember.” Tonel looks seriously at the three miscreants.

“I learned from our hosts that you had come here to wantonly kill her friends on this isle and that she had told you about “Treasure” to be had at the Aerie.” Tonel looks at them with some, albeit very small, sense of compassion. "It was…. not fair… of her to suggest such a thing as you were heading into, well, you now know what you were heading into.”

Tonal begins to walk to and fro as he explains his reasoning to the trio, wondering at the same time if they would be able to understand, if their teachings and beliefs would make understanding possible. He hoped this was the case. He hoped that more might come of this mission than saving the lives of these enemies of his.

“Her intent, I believe, was as a lesson against hunting where you ought not. However she may have underestimated the danger to yourselves. Knowing you as I do I knew the Aerie was too much for you to handle. That it would likely mean you would be killed or at least captured. The sisters assured me that the Harpies would capture you and hold you for a time before killing you, assuming you survived the initial capture."

Tonel looks up into the sky silently asking Lord Phaulkon for the wisdom and grace to continue explaining your thoughts to these who had so often plotted your death. “Even though our previous history has been one of deadly strife, I was compelled by my conscious to attempt to retrieve you, if possible, from this evil outcome. I know how foolish this may seem to you, this is not really a concern to me, but at the least you must concede that you owe a debt of gratitude to us for saving your lives.”

“Perhaps you are able to see a further wisdom in what we did for you. I hope you can, but that is up to you. I have fulfilled my mission, and that is all that my Lord Phaulkon has required of me."

Tonel moves to follow the sisters up the stairs. Then he stops and says over his shoulder,

“Though I do advise you to come up to the house with me and apologize to the mistress of this Island, and to beg her for help in extricating yourselves from this island at the very least. If not sincerely asking for her forgiveness. Either way I take my leave of you at this moment. You are free to do as you see fit. If you wish to simply leave, here are sufficient funds to buy passage on a ship, assuming you can find one to come her to pick you up.”

Tonel reaches into his haversack and calls for his money pouch and leaves 200 gold in three neat stacks on the steps, and then he continues up the stairs to join his friends and see to their wounds.
    Last edited by Frendle; 2014-08-27 at 12:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: Hamis, Clanden, and Uldir isten to your words and you can see confusion and shame in their eyes as a few look at the steps, avoiding your gaze.

They had prided themselves in being top notch villains. the Birdkillers. They had sworn to make your life a living hell, even to drag you down there themselves after your initial attack on them years ago…

Yet now, the very man they sought to kill had saved them from that terrible harpy and her minions.

Who knows what would've happened had they stayed in the Aerie another day. Perhaps Tonel would've arrived to see three empty cages.

You place the pouch of money on the white steps and head up to rejoin the sisters as the first twinkling stars shine in the sky.

Choralia lays on her divan as a pair of goats bleat by her side and large bronze braziers alight the palace interior while Hamis' fat grey cat lays on the divan with her and the sisters rest their bodies on a pair of wool covered chairs as they tell her what happened, Severna handing the conch shell back to her elder sister.

"…I see. So you called him. Well, this shell is now worthless."

Choralia places the shell on the ground as the goat sniffs it and starts chewing on it, attempting toi crack it with his teeth.

Severna removes her bow and quiver as she picks a handful of grapes from a plate balanced on a lion's head.

"We had to, sister. Indira proved to be too strong. Let us hope Kai survived.."

Choralia chuckles.

"He's seen worse, Severna. He has been around for a very long time… oh!"

Choralia looks at you coming in and claps.

"The harpy slayer cometh! My dear sisters tell me you did an amazing job out there in he Aerie, taking on several Wild Claws at once. I knew I had chosen well when I sent Alsira and Severna to find you at Procan's Garden. How do you feel?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Tonel smiles broadly at Choralia , “I am feeling well, considering the beating we just took ,” he laughs and winks at the Siren Sister. “And I think you my dear friends Severna, Alsira. I will always be grateful for your friendship and courage.” He walks over to the sisters and gives each a warm hug and kisses their cheeks.

The Sky Priests expression grows more serious, “I also feel that I did the bidding of the Lord Phaulkon, I don’t know what may come of this in terms of the Birdkillers, perhaps it may guide them away from their previous ways. We'll see.”

“I believe I will spend time in meditation until we hear from the others. Once we have healed our hurts and perhaps had a good meal in celebration of still being alive.” and with that Tonel tends each of the sisters needs and heals them. Then he heals himself as best he can with what power remains to him that day.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: Choralia beckons you to sit as a lamb walks up to you with a plate of fruit on its head and a cup of honey tasting wine.

"Indira is one of Alecto's so called 'angels'. She fancies herself a god in the Ossian Way and as such, she has chosen several harpies among her clutch to rise above the norm, each a master of battle in the sky, land, and sea. I did not expect you to defeat Indira, but her Wild Claws I was certain, would pose no problem to you and my sisters."

You kiss Severna and Alsira in signs of gratitude as Choralia smiles and the fresh night breeze wafts through the open spaces in her temple.

Ahem!

That's when all four of you turn towards the main entrance and there they are, cold and barefoot and dirty and very much ashamed.

The Birdkillers, tired from their trek up the marble stairs and with Uldir holding the pouch of gold in his hand.

Hamis takes a step forward and clears his throat again.

"We..uhhh, well… we. We thought about what was said and…wait! Is that my familiar?"

The fat grey cat turns his fat head away from hamis and purrs at Choralia's feet.

The sirine elder smiles and takes a sip from her wine.

"I see no familiar of yours here, wizard. As you are currently, you don't even look like a wizard at all."

Hamis looks at his dirty rags and feet. He used to carry with pride his items of power, not to mention his spell book, which contained arcane mysteries only the keenest minds would be able to unravel.

Clanden steps forward and gets down on hands and knees as he puts his head down.

"Forgive me, goddess of the sea. I am in no way related to these miscreants. I wished you no harm and was simply coerced to hunt your divine domain…"

Choralia gets up and walks to wards the three with a serious expression.

"Flattery will get you nowhere. I am no goddess, but this is my domain. And since you seek so repentant, you are welcome to stay here…"

Clanden looks up with a hopeful smile.

"…and work. My trees and gardens need trimming. My animals need feeding. And their wastes need cleaning. Stay in Choralis Island and do these chores for me and you shall be pardoned. Now, leave my presence- you are stinking up the place. My parrots will lead you to your quarters."

Clanden gets up and is about to say something, but shuts up as a flock of birds caw at the trio and these leave the palace to their new homes.

Choralia sits back in her divan and pours herself some more wine.

"Hard toil work under the Ossian Sun will change their manners. And if they even think about double crossing me, well… they'll wish you never recsued them, Tonel."

And so, the days went by, with a bright sun above and a cool breeze ever blowing through the island.

Choralia did, well, whatever a fey of her age and power could do- play her eternal chessgame with the many animals in her garden.

Hamis had been appointed to apiary duty. From old tomes of power and mighty staves to wearing a head net and gloves to extract the honey from Choralia's bee farm.

Clanden the pious cleric of Incabulos was appointed waste duty, cleaning the animal's droppings all along Choralis Isle.

It would seem his cursings in infernal would indicate how pleased he was with the job.

Uldir, the mighty dwarven warrior, who cut who knows how many innocent animals with his greataxe was now becoming more and more proficient with garden scissors, as he would carefully trim the rose bushes around the palace.

The sisters left, as was their way. Gods know where, the sirines did like to swim along the currents, seeking new mischief and adventure.

As for you, the following days were kept in quiet contemplation in your room, unarmored and with bow placed in front, as the large open window allowed the sun to bask in your face.

There was much to be done, that was certain. Hopefully the others did read the note you left and once out of that accursed garden, they wouyld take a detour to this island.

For their sake, you better hope they do.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Day 155, late evening

@Tonel: The days have gone quite placidly in Choralis Isle, as you watch the former Bird Killers work on the island's many chores appointed by Choralia herself.

During most of the day, you spend your days in quiet contemplation, as you look out at the great Ossian way, wondering how the others are faring.

They should have left Procan;'s Garden by now. They simply had to. And if they were wise, they must've read your note.

That night, as you prepare to settle in for bed, Uldir knocks on your door, with a candle in his hand.

"The mistress wishes to see you…sir."

You pick up you bow and mace, with your armor on and head for the main room, where Choralia looks at her silver platter filled with water as Uldir does a reverence and bows out, back to his shack.

The elder Sirine beckons for you to come closer.

"Tonel, do you know these people?"

You look at the large platter and indeed, you see Archaidous, Alex, Captain Mausiel, little Lysa, and a halfling female, all under water.

The halfling is seemingly dead and they are underwater as large tentacled creatures brutalize them as a few barely manage to hold their stomachs and wretch as the view moves farther along the ship and you see a hideous hag with a red sea snake coiled around her staff as she laughs at their misfortune.

Choralia shakes her head and bangs her fist on the wooden table.

"That's Elenwen's older daughter- Bavmorda. Tonel, my mirror rarely lies. If what my sisters say is true, those traveled with you before coming here, right? Bavmorda will kill them, Tonel. Only you can save them now. The sea hag is ruthless and cruel. She has them tired and probably spent…"

Choralia messes with her ornate headdress and removes a small white pearl.

"Give this to the mage. He will know what to do."

Then, Choralia gives you a small bottle with a rancid ease.

"Drink it. And make sure you give these to them as well."

Choralia hands you five identical bottles.

"I cannot fight Bavmorda, but I can send you there. From there, you are on your own, Tonel. My place is here and abadoning it even for a few seconds could be detrimental. Let me know if you want to go."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Tonel stares in horror at the scene laid out before him in the bowl. “I do not doubt the vision you are reveling for me here,” He gestures at the water. “These are my friends.” His face turns stern and he takes the pearl and the potions, carefully stowing them in his haversack for quick retrieval. “Yes, please send me to them. Is it possible to get me near the Halfling when I appear? "

Then he looks at the Hag and asks, “Is there anything you can tell me about her before I go? A weakness perhaps?” the sky priest looks hopefully at Choralia .

With that question Tonel drinks the potion and says, “I am ready to go,” and he bows toward the Siren, “Till we see each other again may Phaulkon guard the skies over your head and bless your protection of his children.”

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: Choralia watches you drink the potion and store the rest, along with the pearl.

"I can bring you right next to the halfling, Tonel. That should be very easy to do. Regarding Bavmorda- she is the most powerful of Elenwen's daughters. A master of the arcane. She alone has the power to manipulate the storms in Procan's Garden, as well as having faithful servants from the watery depths of the Styx to aid her. She will prove to be a terrible opponent. And if she's in the fight against them, she most likely has the arcane portections to make sure she isn't put in danger. Whatever you do, Tonel- stay away from her gaze, which can kill. Her spells are no different from any other wizard, but her gaze alone is somethimng few spells can prevent. Fight her with caution. and whatever you do, do not engage her underwater, where her spells will be a lot deadlier."

And so, Choralia places her hand on your shoulder and looks at the bowl as her palace, dimly lit, begins to rumble as the cool breeze changes to an underwater scene.

It';s the Dauphin- and it has been turned belly up. The guys are here, but they are in no condition to fight this hag and her devils.