New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Diablo III: Don't Forget To Eat Today

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Until then though, I would still reroll the sockets. You should have plenty of souls/bum legendaries that aren't doing anything, and this will get you an extra +280 primary stat basically for free. Each time you reroll, if you get something other than 3os, just stick with the 2os you already have and try again.
    It's Season. I don't have a million rubies sitting around to combine upwards.

...also got a 3 socket Roland off of Kadala, so...

2. - Top - End - #392
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    It's Season. I don't have a million rubies sitting around to combine upwards.
    I meant potentially I could tell you were short on rubies by looking at the other sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    ...also got a 3 socket Roland off of Kadala, so...
    Well that solves that!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Apparently there's a rift boss that gives you a feat of strength - Josh Mosqueira? I didn't get to see what he did, though, because it was on a T1 regular rift speedrun (new record! 49 seconds) so he kind of exploded instantly.

@Soul of Evil: Ooooh. I forgot that was a thing! I kind of still want to get a good Hellfire Amulet, since like, 90% of barbarian passives are "it's good, but this other thing is a LITTLE better". Rolling Nerves of Steel, Unforgiving or Rampage would be sweet.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Apparently there's a rift boss that gives you a feat of strength - Josh Mosqueira? I didn't get to see what he did, though, because it was on a T1 regular rift speedrun (new record! 49 seconds) so he kind of exploded instantly.

@Soul of Evil: Ooooh. I forgot that was a thing! I kind of still want to get a good Hellfire Amulet, since like, 90% of barbarian passives are "it's good, but this other thing is a LITTLE better". Rolling Nerves of Steel, Unforgiving or Rampage would be sweet.
    I'd always felt that the Hellfire isn't bad, but the Mara's Kaleidoscope, Countess Julia's Cameo, or some of the other 'immunity' amulets were stronger. I got Julia's cameo on my DH and being able to straight ignore laser bosses is incredibly nice. Also, the Ess of Johann is a very good barbarian Amulet, if you want something with a more offensive bent.

On my own Barb, I just scored Kymbo's Gold with crit, strength and cold damage on it naturally. That was a nice buff. Now I just gotta roll a socket on it, to get a new Leg gem going. I'm thinking of using the Gizzard for the last one. Does anyone know if the absorb shield includes your life per second from buffs/passives? Because with Inspiring Presence, I'm regenerating nearly 10,000 life per second from my buff alone.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    I'd always felt that the Hellfire isn't bad, but the Mara's Kaleidoscope, Countess Julia's Cameo, or some of the other 'immunity' amulets were stronger. I got Julia's cameo on my DH and being able to straight ignore laser bosses is incredibly nice. Also, the Ess of Johann is a very good barbarian Amulet, if you want something with a more offensive bent.

On my own Barb, I just scored Kymbo's Gold with crit, strength and cold damage on it naturally. That was a nice buff. Now I just gotta roll a socket on it, to get a new Leg gem going. I'm thinking of using the Gizzard for the last one. Does anyone know if the absorb shield includes your life per second from buffs/passives? Because with Inspiring Presence, I'm regenerating nearly 10,000 life per second from my buff alone.
    I actually run a pretty good Xephirian right now, hoping for a halfway decent Star of Azkaranth. Thing is, my recovery/toughness using this build is already on the absurd side (65m toughness and 9m recovery plus 1% hp per crit - that tends to equal out to about 41k hp per sec) so if I can nab a well-rolled Hellfire (Phys/Str/Crit Dmg plus a good passive would be godly) I could likely roll without the absorb.
    Morning Star

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    I actually run a pretty good Xephirian right now, hoping for a halfway decent Star of Azkaranth. Thing is, my recovery/toughness using this build is already on the absurd side (65m toughness and 9m recovery plus 1% hp per crit - that tends to equal out to about 41k hp per sec) so if I can nab a well-rolled Hellfire (Phys/Str/Crit Dmg plus a good passive would be godly) I could likely roll without the absorb.
    How on earth do you get 65M toughness and 9m recovery? Is this a sword and board build?

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

How on earth do you get 65M toughness and 9m recovery? Is this a sword and board build?
    Here is the gear and skill set up I use, though the numbers mentioned are only while whirlwinding (which is pretty much all the time, actually, since I never run out of fury). The 40% DR from Wastes 4 piece stacks /on top/ of all your other forms of DR, and you combine Blood Funnel and Dust Devils on whirlwind to leech hit points from huge groups all at once, in a large area.

I honestly don't know why Recovery is so high. I think it scales with Toughness, and the less damage you take, the more it skyrockets? Anywho here's a screenshot of it happening in a trial. I think the LCS might be back.

A similar build swaps out the Reaper's Wraps and IK maul for the Burger King swords and Warzechian wraps, plus Sprint instead of War Cry to achieve EXTREME MOVEMENT SPEED. Toss in R25+ Wreath of Lightning and some other movement-increasing stuff for more hilarity/awesomeness. The dual-wield speed build is excellent for regular rifts or keywarden runs, actually; I farmed up 4 machines in the span of an hour and a half-ish (the hellfire amulet was Tough as Nails :I literally the worst passive that i can think of for barbarian).
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2015-05-01 at 08:57 PM.
    Morning Star

8. - Top - End - #398

I hate you for having IK Belt, I've been trying to get it for months...
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been doing key runs, trying to get an Infernal something (Keys of War are ridiculously hard to get) and I keep running into an enemy called Emberdread in Heaven, who dies almost instantly. Is he bugged?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sorry, dude, and it's an ancient one too, I do feel very lucky having gotten it. That said, I'm surprised it's eluded you for so long. I assume you've been spending blood shards fishing for one?

11. - Top - End - #401

Sorry, dude, and it's an ancient one too, I do feel very lucky having gotten it. That said, I'm surprised it's eluded you for so long. I assume you've been spending blood shards fishing for one?
    Thousands. I think I've gotten every belt in the game but that one

I did get a couple of ancient T-Gods though.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-05-02 at 03:06 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

I got a huge stream of luck last night. Went into a T2 rift, because it's all I'm comfortable with on my demon hunter with his still-only three-piece Unhallowed Essence. Ended up getting two legendary drops almost side-to-side. Grabbed a Conduit Shrine right in front of a group of treasure goblins. They dropped two more. Got about three more in the run. Ended up with five pieces of Unhallowed Essence. Changed my strength Ring of Royal Grandeur to dex, and went into T6 with the six-piece bonus. I won't say I destroyed everything, but I had not much issue clearing it. that's a big jump. After weeks of farming, I finally got something going. Still not sure what weapon to use. Is Dead man's Legacy available on non-season? I remember seeing somewhere it isn't yet, and I don't pay attention to seasons.

I still want that sixth piece though, because I have Restraint and I want to get Focus. My base damage is still low too. I don't think I break 700k with the 20% from the four-piece bonus.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2015-05-02 at 07:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403

What's your build? Maybe we can tweak the base up a bit.

I wish this game allowed mods, so we could mod the Mario starman theme whenever you hit a Conduit shrine
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

What's your build? Maybe we can tweak the base up a bit.

I wish this game allowed mods, so we could mod the Mario starman theme whenever you hit a Conduit shrine

This is my demon hunter

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

I hope you find one soon . Do you play on US East? If so, we could probably do some rifts or GRs or something and try to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    I've been doing key runs, trying to get an Infernal something (Keys of War are ridiculously hard to get) and I keep running into an enemy called Emberdread in Heaven, who dies almost instantly. Is he bugged?
    I saw him once or twice, though I don't recall anything special about him... he may be. Usually I remember purples, especially ones I haven't seen before (like Erra, Smasher of Heavens or w/e) but all I recall of Emberdread is that his name reminded me of Everdread from Earthbound.
    Morning Star

16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

I needs to find a good reason to get back to playing.
    The last time I played is the first week of season 1.

Are there anything new aside from cosmetic armors?
    Like new gameplay and/or story?
    Theres nothing wrong with a middle aged man playing board games, aint it?

17. - Top - End - #407
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

How does the math for higher Torment levels vs. higher Rift levels scale? For example, I can proveably clear a GR13 on Torment 1, or a GR12 on Torment 2. Which one is going to get me the best odds of return on legendaries/set items/blood shards?

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Greater rifts are independent of torment levels. For example, GR 12 is always the same difficulty and same reward no matter where you started it from, torment 1 or torment 6 (or normal). I seem to recall that GR 25ish is about the equivalent to torment 6 in terms of monster health and damage. I think there's a correspondence list on the official forums somewhere.

19. - Top - End - #409

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    How does the math for higher Torment levels vs. higher Rift levels scale? For example, I can proveably clear a GR13 on Torment 1, or a GR12 on Torment 2. Which one is going to get me the best odds of return on legendaries/set items/blood shards?
    I believe this post is accurate

As far as which level to do - the highest where you're beating the timer and not dying is my advice, because then you're not only getting more shards, you're also getting more paragon XP, better mf, upgrading your gems, and higher chance for potions and ramladanis (or however you spell it.) I wouldn't do any under 25, definitely not solo, unless I was really undergeared - in which case I wouldn't be going solo anyway.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #410

I believe this post is accurate

As far as which level to do - the highest where you're beating the timer and not dying is my advice, because then you're not only getting more shards, you're also getting more paragon XP, better mf, upgrading your gems, and higher chance for potions and ramladanis (or however you spell it.) I wouldn't do any under 25, definitely not solo, unless I was really undergeared - in which case I wouldn't be going solo anyway.
    That's sort of what I was asking - my best in T1 is clearing a level 12 rift, then timing out on 13, while in T2 i could clear a level 11 rift and timed out on 12.

So it sounds like T1 is my better bet, since it gets me a slightly higher rift level (though that may have been because I was using worse weapons the second time around). Currently sporting 320K damage, 5mil toughness, and 500K recovery, with Paragon 57, so yeah, I think I'm rather undergeared.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2015-05-04 at 02:29 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411

That's sort of what I was asking - my best in T1 is clearing a level 12 rift, then timing out on 13, while in T2 i could clear a level 11 rift and timed out on 12.
    Actually, as Chen said, GRs don't care what difficulty you're on. A level 12 GR is the same difficulty whether you open it on T1 or T6. Any discrepancy you experience is likely explained by the GR itself - the types of enemies you were up against, any fixtures that help you harm monsters (the Act V Nephalem Ruins map is rife with these), any shrines that pop up, space between packs etc.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here's another chart on GRs, this one shows health and damage multipliers. I'm not certain how accurate it is now, but I don't think Blizzard has tweaked the scaling in GRs so it should be fine.

23. - Top - End - #413

Actually, as Chen said, GRs don't care what difficulty you're on. A level 12 GR is the same difficulty whether you open it on T1 or T6. Any discrepancy you experience is likely explained by the GR itself - the types of enemies you were up against, any fixtures that help you harm monsters (the Act V Nephalem Ruins map is rife with these), any shrines that pop up, space between packs etc.
    Though I found a blue quote online that said the Torment legendary multiplier stacks with the Rift legendary multiplier. So apparently the level of Torment you start your rift in does have some effect...though on instant reflection, that was probably talking specifically about normal Nephalem Rifts, not Greater Rifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Ferret View Post
    Here's another chart on GRs, this one shows health and damage multipliers. I'm not certain how accurate it is now, but I don't think Blizzard has tweaked the scaling in GRs so it should be fine.
    Nifty. Out of curiosity, does it scale linearly? I don't want to math right now.

Assuming the numbers are right, I can handle farming on Torment V - I was able to clear a Level 22 rift today, and timed out partway through the boss in 23 even after dying twice (Cold Snap ). Let's see if that is true.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2015-05-05 at 05:34 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414

Has anyone gotten a legendary potion since they took regular potions out? I haven't seen any, but I've gotten a few Ramladani's, so I'm almost afraid there's a bug.

Though I found a blue quote online that said the Torment legendary multiplier stacks with the Rift legendary multiplier. So apparently the level of Torment you start your rift in does have some effect...though on instant reflection, that was probably talking specifically about normal Nephalem Rifts, not Greater Rifts.
    Torment level matters for regular rifts, but not GRs. As you no doubt know, GRs are basically a form of dynamic difficulty - if you're steamrolling it, you get to jump several ranks at the end, while if you're just barely clearing it the most they will let you upgrade is one. And of course if you're struggling/running out of time on the boss, you only get a gem upgrade at that point. But you could, if you wanted to, enter a GR 1 on T6 and blaze through what amounts to Expert or Hard difficulty.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-05-05 at 06:00 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #415

I got Bottomless Potion of the Tower yesterday.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Has anyone gotten a legendary potion since they took regular potions out? I haven't seen any, but I've gotten a few Ramladani's, so I'm almost afraid there's a bug.
    I recently found the new bottomless potion of Fear, so they still drop. On the other hand, it's been about three or more months since I've seen a ramallama's...
    Morning Star

27. - Top - End - #417

They dropped in GRs, right?

I'm sitting on two Rams now - I was lucky enough to find some legendary weapons to use the others on. But I wouldn't mind another potion.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

They dropped in GRs, right?

I'm sitting on two Rams now - I was lucky enough to find some legendary weapons to use the others on. But I wouldn't mind another potion.
    Your talk of sitting on multiple Rams sounds like, "Yeah I have the Lamborghini I drive to work, but the other two just sit in my garage," to me.

EDIT: I don't have any and I'm jealous.
    Last edited by Anxe; 2015-05-05 at 07:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419

I've never even seen a Ram, let alone a RRoG.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

I have an RRoG. Now I just need literally every other possible component.