New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III: Don't Forget To Eat Today

I had a Ram's. Then I used it and immediately got a better weapon after having sat on the one I used as being my best for months.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

2. - Top - End - #422
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anxe View Post
    Your talk of sitting on multiple Rams sounds like, "Yeah I have the Lamborghini I drive to work, but the other two just sit in my garage," to me.

EDIT: I don't have any and I'm jealous.
    I don't mean to brag But it is nice. I've found 4 total in my career. When you see that bright orange "Consumable" next to the boss' corpse it is a good feeling.

I've only ever found one potion though. (I was given the other by a very kind and very bored Paragon 400+ guy.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I've never even seen a Ram, let alone a RRoG.
    RRoG is a 1/5 shot, get cracking!

T5+ all but guarantees you a legendary in the box I've found.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nifty. Out of curiosity, does it scale linearly? I don't want to math right now.

Assuming the numbers are right, I can handle farming on Torment V - I was able to clear a Level 22 rift today, and timed out partway through the boss in 23 even after dying twice (Cold Snap ). Let's see if that is true.
    The multipliers scale exponentially. Additionally, the multipliers don't match up exactly with the standard difficulties, but they're quite close. If you're interested, here's a short article describing the data along with who datamined it and who organized that spreadsheet.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Ferret View Post
    The multipliers scale exponentially. Additionally, the multipliers don't match up exactly with the standard difficulties, but they're quite close. If you're interested, here's a short article describing the data along with who datamined it and who organized that spreadsheet.
    I'd be interested in reading it, but I get a redirect error when I follow your link. Could you double check it's right?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    I'd be interested in reading it, but I get a redirect error when I follow your link. Could you double check it's right?
    Sorry about that, I can't seem to access any of the blog posts on that website anymore. Luckily there is a forum post with the same information. Basic story is monster health increases by 17% per level while monster damage increases by 13.2% per level.

In case that page starts acting funny as well, here are the two reddit threads it links to: the first is the datamined modifiers, they go up to GR level 100 but are unformatted, and the second involves the person who was nice enough to format the data.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I don't mean to brag But it is nice. I've found 4 total in my career. When you see that bright orange "Consumable" next to the boss' corpse it is a good feeling.

I've only ever found one potion though. (I was given the other by a very kind and very bored Paragon 400+ guy.)

RRoG is a 1/5 shot, get cracking!

T5+ all but guarantees you a legendary in the box I've found.
    I can just barely do T5, and I die easily. T3 is the highest I can farm with any decent rate of speed.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

*sits down here dying horribly at T1, coughs*

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Fastest way to get to doing T6 is to leech off of people in T6. Usually a group of 3 is fine with one person leeching from them. You'll get XP really quick and you can run behind the rest of the group to collect legendaries, set items, and anything you need for crafting. I'd recommend a utility build when you do this so you still provide a little help (ranged stuns, auras, etc.).

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

I need a new DH build since my last one has been shaken up in the last 3 patches. >>

10. - Top - End - #430

Run public T4 rifts - you'll get paragon quickly and have a decent shot at getting gear as well. Once you have some set pieces you'll feel more comfortable stepping into T6. Also, craft a set of Aughild's and Crimson's or Cains - even without RRoG you should be able to combine those sets.

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    I need a new DH build since my last one has been shaken up in the last 3 patches. >>
    I know the feeling. They completely ruined my Rocketstrafer and now I have no idea what I feel like doing with my DH. I just yanked all the emeralds out and gave them to my monk.

Maybe I'll do elemental arrows or something.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-05-06 at 10:13 AM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

Run public T4 rifts - you'll get paragon quickly and have a decent shot at getting gear as well. Once you have some set pieces you'll feel more comfortable stepping into T6. Also, craft a set of Aughild's and Crimson's or Cains - even without RRoG you should be able to combine those sets.
    I don't think I have Max Level Crimson/Cain set recipes, I /might/ have Aughild's, I remember it dropping but I didn't check which Aughild's dropped.

Edit: hilariously, that was my build and now it's very... mreh. Before that was abusing the "convert discipline to hatred, spend hatred to regain discipline" shenanigans.
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2015-05-06 at 10:14 AM.

12. - Top - End - #432

I don't think I have Max Level Crimson/Cain set recipes, I /might/ have Aughild's, I remember it dropping but I didn't check which Aughild's dropped.
    All the recipes scale with your level once you hit the minimum to craft them - there are 70 versions of all of them For instance, I believe Borns is one of the first sets you can craft at 20-something, and you can make it at 70 as well. (I don't think they scale evenly all the way up though, I think it jumps.)

If you're missing any, run T4 rifts anyway - they are on a separate (and much more frequent) drop table than the regular legendaries so you'll be hearing that "SHING!!" sound a lot in short order.

Edit: hilariously, that was my build and now it's very... mreh. Before that was abusing the "convert discipline to hatred, spend hatred to regain discipline" shenanigans.
    Yeah, Preparation->Punishment was deemed too fun and had to be removed

With Strafe I literally have no other use for my discipline - I'm constantly moving anyway so Tumble and Smoke Screen are just pointless.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-05-06 at 10:42 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #433

Well today was a nice haul. I got my first visit to the Treasure Realm and netted 15million gold, got my first Ramaladni's (an hour after the previous comment), then got 2 of the set pieces I need (Wastes boots, and BK's Solemn Vow) to boot. A very good day to be me.

Progress: IK Helm and Belt (2/3), Wastes Chest and Boots (2/5), BK 1/2.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

All the recipes scale with your level once you hit the minimum to craft them - there are 70 versions of all of them For instance, I believe Borns is one of the first sets you can craft at 20-something, and you can make it at 70 as well. (I don't think they scale evenly all the way up though, I think it jumps.)

If you're missing any, run T4 rifts anyway - they are on a separate (and much more frequent) drop table than the regular legendaries so you'll be hearing that "SHING!!" sound a lot in short order.
    They don't "scale" there are two separate recipes for each. And I just ran, like, 4 rifts and got both recipes, plus level 70 aughild's so.

Yeah, Preparation->Punishment was deemed too fun and had to be removed

With Strafe I literally have no other use for my discipline - I'm constantly moving anyway so Tumble and Smoke Screen are just pointless.
    Which is the real disappointing bit, tbh. Punishment involved making the conscious decision that you did not care for survivability, and were instead opting to go MOAR GLASS CANNON.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Well today was a nice haul. I got my first visit to the Treasure Realm and netted 15million gold, got my first Ramaladni's (an hour after the previous comment), then got 2 of the set pieces I need (Wastes boots, and BK's Solemn Vow) to boot. A very good day to be me.

Progress: IK Helm and Belt (2/3), Wastes Chest and Boots (2/5), BK 1/2.
    Just as a note, you actually need your weapon slot to finish 3 piece IK (if you are going for the permanent wrath + Wastes build). You can use BK instead, but you won't be able to get the 4 piece bonus from IK. I've tried all kinds of combinations and it's unfortunately very strapped for slots.

BK/Wastes combo is a very fun build, though. If you want, you can still use 2 pieces of IK for permapets.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

16. - Top - End - #436

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Just as a note, you actually need your weapon slot to finish 3 piece IK (if you are going for the permanent wrath + Wastes build). You can use BK instead, but you won't be able to get the 4 piece bonus from IK. I've tried all kinds of combinations and it's unfortunately very strapped for slots.

BK/Wastes combo is a very fun build, though. If you want, you can still use 2 pieces of IK for permapets.
    Ah crap you're right. I was miscounting my slots.

Either way, it's a while off, so I'll probably end up playing with both and seeing which works better once I get the whole ensemble together.

EDIT; What passives do you run? I've got Berserker Rage, Brawler, Unforgiving, and Boon of Bul-Kathos.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2015-05-06 at 04:12 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

I've found that if I can roll through T4 with my demon hunter (and I can at the moment), it's much more efficient than struggling though T6 rifts. I averaged 2+ legendaries a rift, and with 6-piece Unhallowed, it's a breeze. So T6 may not be the be-all-end-all choice for people, since it's all about efficiency.

I don't know if I've said this, but if you need gold, the legendary gem that drops it on attack is a great way to get some. At higher torment rifts, you can see multiple millions drop each rift.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2015-05-06 at 04:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438

They don't "scale" there are two separate recipes for each. And I just ran, like, 4 rifts and got both recipes, plus level 70 aughild's so.
    Ah, then I definitely didn't even notice/remember when I got my 70 recipe for each of those.

Progress: IK Helm and Belt (2/3)
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

(I did get another Ram last night though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I've found that if I can roll through T4 with my demon hunter (and I can at the moment), it's much more efficient than struggling though T6 rifts. I averaged 2+ legendaries a rift, and with 6-piece Unhallowed, it's a breeze. So T6 may not be the be-all-end-all choice for people, since it's all about efficiency.
    Indeed, when you're gearing up T4 is by far the most efficient combination of clear speed and rewards. After a certain point though, you'll be clearing T6 just as fast, and with that sense of accomplishment that your build can ace whatever the game throws at you
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Awww yisss, found an ancient Traveler's Pledge with the right stat rolls 15% phys, 71% crit and +942 strength. I just found out bounty legendaries can roll ancient too (I've actually been trying to get a Pride's Fall and an Avarice Band from A3) so I'll be adding A1 bounties to my farming rotation for an ancient RoRG.

Ah crap you're right. I was miscounting my slots.

Either way, it's a while off, so I'll probably end up playing with both and seeing which works better once I get the whole ensemble together.

EDIT; What passives do you run? I've got Berserker Rage, Brawler, Unforgiving, and Boon of Bul-Kathos.
    In my experience, IK/Wastes will get you higher GRs solo, while BK/Wastes is superior for bounties, neph rifts and key runs. IK does about double the damage as the BK set (170m tornadoes vs. 80m), and gives you a bit better toughness, while BK has much higher movement speed. It also doesn't have as many problems with generating Fury, since the BK set basically gives you Unforgiving.

As for passives, with IK/Wastes I run Ruthless, Berserker Rage, Rampage, and Nerves of Steel. For BK/Wastes, I swap out Nerves of Steel for Weapons Master, which all but guarantees you'll always have max Fury as long as something is around to hit.
    Morning Star

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

I have yet to find a single Ancient... and I've gone through over two dozen of that damn 1h mace with the +Fire damage trying to get one with a reasonable set of stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    I have yet to find a single Ancient... and I've gone through over two dozen of that damn 1h mace with the +Fire damage trying to get one with a reasonable set of stats.
    It all really depends on how many legendaries and sets are dropping for you. It's kind of like farming runes in Diablo 2, actually - you force the game to give you more drops, so that you have more chances of getting what you want. Thus, doing higher GRs (probably t25+) is great for ancient finding, because at the end you tend to get between 3 and 6 legendaries, for a 15 minute or less investment.

For some reason, ancient weapons tend to be the rarest for me. I've yet to find one...

Edit: Geekin' out atm - just found a bounty in Act 1 called "The Triune Reborn"
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2015-05-06 at 10:24 PM.
    Morning Star

22. - Top - End - #442

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Awww yisss, found an ancient Traveler's Pledge with the right stat rolls 15% phys, 71% crit and +942 strength. I just found out bounty legendaries can roll ancient too (I've actually been trying to get a Pride's Fall and an Avarice Band from A3) so I'll be adding A1 bounties to my farming rotation for an ancient RoRG.

In my experience, IK/Wastes will get you higher GRs solo, while BK/Wastes is superior for bounties, neph rifts and key runs. IK does about double the damage as the BK set (170m tornadoes vs. 80m), and gives you a bit better toughness, while BK has much higher movement speed. It also doesn't have as many problems with generating Fury, since the BK set basically gives you Unforgiving.

As for passives, with IK/Wastes I run Ruthless, Berserker Rage, Rampage, and Nerves of Steel. For BK/Wastes, I swap out Nerves of Steel for Weapons Master, which all but guarantees you'll always have max Fury as long as something is around to hit.
    Can you maintain full uptime on Wrath without Boon of Bul-Kathos? I'd like to give it up for Nerves of Steel again.

Also, I worked my way to Native 4piece on IK now - actually 5piece, with 3piece Wrath sitting in my bank waiting for the other bits to pop from Kadala. That near-constant Wrath is ridiculously good.

Progress:
    Wrath 3/5 (Chest, Pants, Boots)
    IK 5/3 (Helm, Belt, Weapon) + Chest/Hands temporary
    BK: 1/2
    RoRG: 0/1

New personal best: Rift level 23 completed with 15 seconds to spare.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2015-05-06 at 10:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Can you maintain full uptime on Wrath without Boon of Bul-Kathos? I'd like to give it up for Nerves of Steel again.
    You can, though it requires that you use a rank 25+ Gogok and slot a Diamond in your hat, OR using Rend a lot. Rend's 20 Fury cost very neatly cuts 6 seconds off the timer and also deals quite a nice bit of damage from the 2 piece Wastes (16,500% damage over 15 seconds, or 1100% per sec). If you go with Blood Lust, it also restores some extra hit points on the side, making you even tankier. Sometimes, though, you'll get into droughts where you just don't have the enemies to kill, and can instead just wait for the CD to refresh. Against bosses though, you definitely want to keep Rend up on them, and only refresh Battle Rage when it's about to fall off.
    Morning Star

24. - Top - End - #444

That'll be a while then. I've got my Rank 12 Taeguk that I'm going to max out first, then my Gem of Efficacious Toxin. I suppose I could work on Gogok after that.

My current skill bar is Ground Stomp(Wrenching Smash), Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity), Battle Rage (Marauder's Rage), Call of the Ancients (Together As One), with Frenzy (Maniac) as my primary and Whirlwind (Wind Shear) as my secondary. Ground Stomp is fantastic for gathering up enemies to WW them down, but should I dump it for Rend?

EDIT: RROG GOT!!! WOOT. Did one T4 bounty set and there it is!!!
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2015-05-06 at 11:51 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

That'll be a while then. I've got my Rank 12 Taeguk that I'm going to max out first, then my Gem of Efficacious Toxin. I suppose I could work on Gogok after that.

My current skill bar is Ground Stomp(Wrenching Smash), Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity), Battle Rage (Marauder's Rage), Call of the Ancients (Together As One), with Frenzy (Maniac) as my primary and Whirlwind (Wind Shear) as my secondary. Ground Stomp is fantastic for gathering up enemies to WW them down, but should I dump it for Rend?

Grats! As for legendary gems, I'd suggest a combo of Taeguk, Bane of the Trapped, and your choice of Gogok, Lightning Wreath, and Pain Enhancer. All of them help, but they are all at their strongest above rank 25. Bane shouldn't really be used below 25, unless you're throwing a lot of crowd control around (like the slowing rune for Stomp).

As for skills, I use Battle Rage (Bloodshed), War Cry (Impunity), Call of the Ancients (Ancients' Fury), Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity), Rend (Blood Lust) and Whirlwind (Blood Funnel). This setup, however, is very much tailored to the set pieces used (I wouldn't use Rend and War Cry if it weren't for the 2 and 4 piece Wastes bonuses). I also use Reaper's Wraps, which in conjunction with Ancients' Fury, really reduces the need for a primary.

Note that Bloodshed is not 20% weapon damage, but 20% of the damage done by the critical hit. Take a 200m crit with the build I use; suddenly, that becomes an aoe for 40m. It's a huge factor in increasing your clearing power. Once I found this out, I stopped using any other rune for Battle Rage; Bloodshed is just sooo good.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2015-05-07 at 12:17 AM.
    Morning Star

26. - Top - End - #446

My monk is coming along nicely. To my very pleasant surprise, I got my hands on the Sunwuko amulet, then Kadala finally gave up and forked over Inna's helm. So now I have the full bonuses of both sets. Huzzah!

But she's not complete yet - my plan is to hopefully get the Inna staff (an ancient version if I'm really lucky) and swap out Inna's pants for Hexing Pants Then the build will be pretty much complete.

Can't help with Frenzy other than wondering if you've picked up or are aiming for this beauty?

Congrats! Hopefully it has a socket (or at least demands a kind of gem you have an abundance of to reroll into one.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

IMO, since there's only one non-fixed affix for RoRG, you're hoping for a socket, CrC, or CrD. All other possible affixes are moist garbage.

28. - Top - End - #448

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    IMO, since there's only one non-fixed affix for RoRG, you're hoping for a socket, CrC, or CrD. All other possible affixes are moist garbage.
    Base damage isn't bad.

There's two open ones IIRC. The fixed ones are:

Primary Stat/Vit
    Attack Speed
    Life on Hit
    The unique effect (-1 setpiece to complete)

So you want an open socket and one of either CrC, CrD or Dmg.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-05-11 at 04:27 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

As a tip for anyone who does solo GRs with a templar or enchantress: this dagger is absolutely amazing for them. Once the boss hits the hp threshold, they are basically frozen until dead.

Also for some reason I've decided to farm Whimsyshire for a Spectrum for my barbarian. The runs don't take too long, but jeeeez they are boring. z.z
    Morning Star

30. - Top - End - #450

Yeah, I re-rolled something useless on my RROG into a socket, and stuck my Taeguk into it (which I just got to level 25, yay).

Good news: I forged my first Hellfire Amulet yesterday.

Bad News: It rolled with No Escape as the free passive (bonus damage to Weapon Throw and Ancient Spear against distant enemies). Because Ranged Barbarian is apparently a viable build now...

Ah well. At least I can defeat Uber bosses without too much trouble...Uber Diablo was the only hard one, and only because he kept summoning other Uber bosses to help him (Uber Siegebreaker is the worst, seriously).

New rift record: 34!
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2015-05-11 at 04:50 PM.