New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dr. McNinja IV: What The Chuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Pfft. Speak for yourself. I wore different length socks today. Two different lengths at once.
    but were they STRIPY???

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Firbolg in the Playground

...latest comic.

What the chuck.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Geez, Old is kind of messed up emotionally.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    Geez, Old is kind of messed up emotionally.
    Eh, I'm sure with a bit of therapy, he'll be back to...

His old self.
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Eh, I'm sure with a bit of therapy, he'll be back to...

His old self.
    I don't know. I doubt he'll ever really recover his farmer sense of self.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, so Sparklelord probably didn't know about the ghost, he just needed the name to not get people mad at any other famous vigilantes named Dr. McNinja.

But there's something else about this comic. He's using loophole logic as if he was bound to do what the doctor asked of him or something. Could there be a way in which Sparklelord has to serve others sometimes? How did that not come up when he was one of the knights of the radical lands? Why am I reading way too much into this comic?
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I think that future where Doc was hiding in a warehouse and bleeding from injuries is about to come true.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Probably just a twisted sense of honor - "A Deal's A Deal" or some equivalent.

He agreed to stop Radical here in exchange for Doc's name.
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2015-12-21 at 01:52 PM.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I think Sparklelord was just just blaming someone else for what he did, which made things even worse and more lame.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

This seems a fine final chapter. Dunno why Sparklelord is being a jackass genie but I approve. What other mayhem is he after? That's not the proclamation of someone who's gonna to sit back and watch, he's gonna do further... evil? unradness?

I wonder if this worldwide proclamation of the name will somehow bring Gramps back. It'd be cool if it did.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Troll in the Playground

Dunno why Sparklelord is being a jackass genie but I approve.
    As he said himself, Dr Mc Ninja is still the guy who trapped him in a stable time loop in the first place. He's still holding a grudge about that, so having the good doctor being torn apart by all the people who los something/king radical and king radical fans is quite the delightfull revenge.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

Actually.. this does look like a situation where Sparklelord is comfortable with leaning back and waching the show for a while.
    And also a place where i think its going to be relevant that The great Dane knows the Doctors face.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    And also a place where i think its going to be relevant that The great Dane knows the Doctors face.
    Good point. This is an excellent opportunity for Dr. McNinja to ditch his mask and disappear, since that's the only way to "clear his name." In comes Rayner, and even though he's lame and weak compared to Doc, he can track him down...

The question is - will he track him down to do harm, or track him down to motivate the Doctor to fix everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

14. - Top - End - #1034

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

The curse is complete and thus is the Dr.'s life completely screwed. At least he doesn't have to fight Sparklelord, though that does also mean that the Radical Lands probably won't be saved in some other way. Also, he destroyed the star gate, so I guess the dinosaurs won't be coming into it soon either.

King Radical thought they would all be good when the Dr. could no longer save the lives of all the losers of the world. I suspect he won't be quite so magnanimous with the tables turned. Nor will the losers of the world be at all grateful.

Even the inverse ninja law isn't going to save him from this. I think the Dr.'s only chances are to leave the universe or find his miracle producing friend.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

The curse is complete and thus is the Dr.'s life completely screwed. At least he doesn't have to fight Sparklelord, though that does also mean that the Radical Lands probably won't be saved in some other way. Also, he destroyed the star gate, so I guess the dinosaurs won't be coming into it soon either.

King Radical thought they would all be good when the Dr. could no longer save the lives of all the losers of the world. I suspect he won't be quite so magnanimous with the tables turned. Nor will the losers of the world be at all grateful.

Even the inverse ninja law isn't going to save him from this. I think the Dr.'s only chances are to leave the universe or find his miracle producing friend.
    Or get his name legally changed.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I don't think calling "base" is gonna get you outta this one, Doc.

(Not that he could anymore)
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground

The universe rejects me? Could it, like, reject me straight through that collapsing portal to wherever Sparkley is going? Because I don't think I like this curse. Also, why didn't I deal with this guy right after my family figured out how to deal with ghost wizards?

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Why didn't I deal with this guy right after my family figured out how to deal with ghost wizards?
    Because they dealt with the other ghost wizard using the holiest of all holy weapons, which were leant to them buy the Catholic church specifically for that assassination. Presumably the Holy See doesn't hand out super-powerful artefacts to every Tom, Patrick and Harry who wants to re-kill a ghost wizard.
    Last edited by SZbNAhL; 2015-12-24 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Apparently the profanity filter doesn't like certain names present in idioms due to their similarity to certain anatomical profanity.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Orc in the Playground

Also, he destroyed the star gate, so I guess the dinosaurs won't be coming into it soon either.

The dinosaurs didn't use any stargate ,their ships appears in open space.Not that it matters, Dr. Mcninja killed their scout.They won't be coming either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nourjan
    Only a truly egotistical narcissist would ever quote himself

20. - Top - End - #1040

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    Because they dealt with the other ghost wizard using the holiest of all holy weapons, which were leant to them buy the Catholic church specifically for that assassination. Presumably the Holy See doesn't hand out super-powerful artefacts to every Tom, Patrick and Harry who wants to re-kill a ghost wizard.
    Also, I misremember that as well way back then, but apparently Ghost Wizard is such a powerful adversary that it need the whole mcninja family+gordito+special holy weapon provided by the catholic church, to defeat, barely.

But I wonder. If ghost wizards are that powerful, doesn't that mean dracula is even way more powerful, since he's the one who created them and is their master?

Anyway, way back then at mccumberlandbot arc, I thought that was such a disappointing arc for what's supposed to be drmcninja vs king radical final battle. Since back then it was apparently King Radical's ultimate plan.

This arc made it worth it. This is a worthy arc for their ultimate battle.
    Last edited by Fri; 2015-12-24 at 03:39 PM.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nourjan View Post
    The dinosaurs didn't use any stargate ,their ships appears in open space.Not that it matters, Dr. Mcninja killed their scout.They won't be coming either way.
    Well yes, that's the point, the humans won't be accidentally contacting them either any time soon.

The ghost wizard didn't need his target right in front of him to cast the curse. He just seemed to need to know that his target existed. I wonder what stopped him from using it on Dracula?

22. - Top - End - #1042

Well yes, that's the point, the humans won't be accidentally contacting them either any time soon.

The ghost wizard didn't need his target right in front of him to cast the curse. He just seemed to need to know that his target existed. I wonder what stopped him from using it on Dracula?
    IIRC they're cursed to serve his will. I think they'd actually like to use their power on him, since they're originally vampire hunters

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    They might be easier to deal with while petrified?

24. - Top - End - #1044

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    They might be easier to deal with while petrified?
    Does seem a bit weird to me that he never tried placing the ghost in a vat of holy water. Even if the petrification prevented that from working, he would probably start melting in the event he revealed his true name. Anyways:

Spoiler
    Show
    All of the Dr.'s living enemies + his unstable clone have declared their desire to kill him.

A shame Dracula isn't so understanding anymore. It's not like the Dr. was trying to target him.

I'd say there was a 50/50 chance McBonalds probably would have been ruined by King Radical's plans anyways, since King Radical was planning to kill all his customers.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Honestly I'm much more worried about Dracula than any of the others. I mean besides being more difficult in general, what keeps an unsuspecting McNinja from being moon lasered the moment he steps outside?

Also I'd be a bit more miffed to see Dracula go. What if another alien civilization takes over that needs moon lasering?
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Presumably Dracula is hindered by, if not the total loss of his moonbase, then at least the loss of the teleportation device that allowed him to go to and fro at his leisure. No moonlasers if you can't reach the moon again.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Honestly I'm much more worried about Dracula than any of the others. I mean besides being more difficult in general, what keeps an unsuspecting McNinja from being moon lasered the moment he steps outside?

Also I'd be a bit more miffed to see Dracula go. What if another alien civilization takes over that needs moon lasering?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moon laser was most likely destroyed with the moon base

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh, I definitely wanted to see at least Sparklelord bite the dust. Here is to hoping a rogue black hole devours him.

Killing DrMcNinja is not that big of a deal. He has no protection of Old Gods, he's cursed by Ghost Wizard and everyone is out to get him. This is gonna be a lame downer ending.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

I think we are missing a serious implication here in the comics. The time portal has been destroyed. The current timeline's Chuck cannot discover it and travel back in time. He is the final iteration of the Chucks. I wonder if that will come to play.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ObadiahtheSlim View Post
    I think we are missing a serious implication here in the comics. The time portal has been destroyed. The current timeline's Chuck cannot discover it and travel back in time. He is the final iteration of the Chucks. I wonder if that will come to play.
    Don't forget ancient spirit of the land, set to destroy stuff if freed. Yeah, this comic is going nowhere nice for McNinja.