New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIV: Anything Goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I'll be on and off throughout the day. Is that how it works, the 3rd one only shows up when the person is in-game? I was under the impression that the 3rd one only showed up after you had beaten the game the first time (which I have).
    Yeah, you have to both be online at the same time for the third poke to show up.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll be on and off throughout the day. Is that how it works, the 3rd one only shows up when the person is in-game? I was under the impression that the 3rd one only showed up after you had beaten the game the first time (which I have).
    It is when you beat the Elite 4, but how do you expect the other person's game to know that if they haven't seen you online? You only have to do it once, the game remembers which safaris have been unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

It requires you to have beaten the Elite Four once, but only checks that if I see you online in game.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sajiri View Post
    Yay new thread

So Im standing in front of Flannery where of my 3 higher lvl mons, 2 are weak to fire and the other is a fire type with drought who would only power her's up...I have an underleveled swablu with no decent attacks and a mightyena who probably isnt quite at her lvl...this will be interesting
    Drought was the primary reason I didn't keep Vulpix on my Ruby run. My well bred Vulpixes all had it and it really needs it to be competitively viable, but it doesn't work very well synergistically with the rest of my team.

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

@Olinser: Your third Safari slot is Barbaracle.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlayItLoud View Post
    @Olinser: Your third Safari slot is Barbaracle.
    Thanks a lot.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have a dilemma

At the moment my team is ninetales, vivillon, cherrim, swablu, mightyena and trapinch. I wasnt intending to use the mightyena but Im quite attached to him now. Thing is...that's 6..and I still need to get milotic. Now I have to choose which one to drop :/

The swablu is kind of the worthless one at the moment since it's not managing to do anything but I want that m-altaria >_<

I'd also wanted to get salamence and aggron but...yeah..

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

I have a dilemma

At the moment my team is ninetales, vivillon, cherrim, swablu, mightyena and trapinch. I wasnt intending to use the mightyena but Im quite attached to him now. Thing is...that's 6..and I still need to get milotic. Now I have to choose which one to drop :/

The swablu is kind of the worthless one at the moment since it's not managing to do anything but I want that m-altaria >_<

You could dump Swablu until you actually do get the Mega Stone for Altaria.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

I have a dilemma

Make two teams and swap between them when you feel like playing one over the other. That's what I do anyway. ^^'

None-related; I am a bit annoyed Deerling/Sawsbuck isn't capable of being taught Hyper Voice by a move tutor. I think it fit quite nicely to the deer and would expand it's moveset by so much... :/
    Last edited by Kuroten; 2014-12-03 at 05:53 PM.
    “A world where you can surrender yourself to sleep on a giant ball of fur is a world where you wouldn’t be able to get any work done. A perfect world.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Info
    Show

FC: 2809 8617 8608
    IGN: Raijin [X] & Akemi [Y] & Gardenia [ΩR]
    Safari: Water|Safari 'Mons: Panpour, Floatzel, Frogadier
    Trades - Go here for viewing a list of the pokemon I have available for trade.

Avatar featuring my poké-trainer, Raijin, drawn by Sajiri. ^_^

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    You could dump Swablu until you actually do get the Mega Stone for Altaria.
    The condition for getting Altaria's Mega Stone is, unfortunately, having an Altaria, so it's no good leaving Swablu on the bench for that.
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TamerBill View Post
    The condition for getting Altaria's Mega Stone is, unfortunately, having an Altaria, so it's no good leaving Swablu on the bench for that.
    Ah, in that case, I'd bench Trapinch, since you've got the Dragon covered, or Cherrim.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: New Pokemon Theory (because we don't have enough of these, right?)
    Show
    I'm in the middle of the Delta Episode and just finished the scene where Zinnia took Matt's key stone and headed to the Aqua Hideout. She was talking about imagining another Hoenn, and it got me thinking.

What if this Hoenn is an alternate dimension from the previous one? Perhaps the Draconids know enough about dimensional travel (maybe with Giratina or another dimension-altering Pokemon?) that they saw a world where a war 3000 years ago didn't happen, thus no need for a weapon that sacrificed Pokemon. There were no mega evolutions either, which answers previous questions I've had before about how Mewtwo can be created before mega evolutions were discovered.

It doesn't hold much ground aside from Zinnia's dialogue, and I'm sure many of you will disagree, but so far I think this theory works for the Pokemon universe as a whole.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah, in that case, I'd bench Trapinch, since you've got the Dragon covered, or Cherrim.
    I put away vivillon for now, it's overlevelled enough that I can bring it back later if I change my mind.

The trapinch is actually pretty strong despite being lower than the rest, he seems to have the strongest moves and I've always wanted to try flygon. Cherrim is meant to pair with ninetales thanks to drought. Im just too attached to all of them :S

I suppose with exp share, I could catch the others as well and just rotate them all through. Im on my way to Fortree...I think that's the one that enabled Fly which will make it easier to go back and catch an aron

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

I put away vivillon for now, it's overlevelled enough that I can bring it back later if I change my mind.

The trapinch is actually pretty strong despite being lower than the rest, he seems to have the strongest moves and I've always wanted to try flygon. Cherrim is meant to pair with ninetales thanks to drought. Im just too attached to all of them :S

I suppose with exp share, I could catch the others as well and just rotate them all through. Im on my way to Fortree...I think that's the one that enabled Fly which will make it easier to go back and catch an aron
    You'll probably way-overlevel everything anyway, so cycling pokes in and out shouldn't be an issue.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Would anyone have an Adaptability Corphish they would be willing to trade? I have Wish Eevees and hidden ability Poliwhirls I can give in return.

Friend Code is: 1934-1252-1905. Mii name is Sam cw, game names are either Sam or Cecilia. Friend Safari is Water and has Gyarados, Poliwhirl and Krabby.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sam cw View Post
    Would anyone have an Adaptability Corphish they would be willing to trade? I have Wish Eevees and hidden ability Poliwhirls I can give in return.

Friend Code is: 1934-1252-1905. Mii name is Sam cw, game names are either Sam or Cecilia. Friend Safari is Water and has Gyarados, Poliwhirl and Krabby.
    I have a Corphish, how do you check hidden abilities?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have a Corphish, how do you check hidden abilities?
    Adaptability is Corphish's hidden ability. Serebii can tell you whether or not a given ability is a pokemon's hidden ability or one of it's normal ones.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I also have some Adaptables if theirs is not.
    Timezone: Eastern Time UTC-05:00
    Friendcode: 1435-5859-5787
    3DS name: Ruth (my wife)
    Ingame name: May (O.R.)
    Time online: Tuesday-Friday 8:30-10:00 Am, 9:30 Pm- Midnight. Saturday- Monday online periodically between noon to midnight.

I would be fine with either of those offers, or if you have any Starters bred I have been working on a Starterdex.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

With the Hoenn remakes out, anyone think we'll ever see another spinoff game like coliseum or XD?

05107-66614
    62592-54117

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

With the Hoenn remakes out, anyone think we'll ever see another spinoff game like coliseum or XD?
    The real question is whether we'll see the remakes of the remakes?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Trapinch line is one of my favourite lines, because it's the pokemon I relied on most to defeat the Elite 4, just as I have a soft spot for Ampharos for SS.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

22. - Top - End - #52

I recently Streetpassed someone at school with an Eon Ticket. I can't believe how quickly that's spread into Canada.

I'd also like to add my stuffs to the front post, FC and all that jazz.

3DS FC: 3093-8484-9162

Pokémon X IGN: Andrew
    Friends Safari: Sunkern ,Swadloon, Quilladin

Pokémon Omega Ruby IGN: Andrew

I have done a few breeding experiments but haven't really put forth a spreadsheet or whatnot. I do have access to nearly everything from Gen III if anyone is looking for weird Gen III sets (like Infestation Nightmare Butterfree, Seismic Toss M-Mom, and the like)
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sandman View Post
    I also have some Adaptables if theirs is not.
    Timezone: Eastern Time UTC-05:00
    Friendcode: 1435-5859-5787
    3DS name: Ruth (my wife)
    Ingame name: May (O.R.)
    Time online: Tuesday-Friday 8:30-10:00 Am, 9:30 Pm- Midnight. Saturday- Monday online periodically between noon to midnight.

I would be fine with either of those offers, or if you have any Starters bred I have been working on a Starterdex.
    Which ones do you need? I've been trying to collect all the Starters myself, they're really hard to get into the pokedex because online battles don't appear to add to the dex.

I've got all 3 of the X/Y starters (Chespin, Froakie, Fennekin), and the originals (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle). You need any of those?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    I recently Streetpassed someone at school with an Eon Ticket. I can't believe how quickly that's spread into Canada.
    Eh, people are just cheating it with homepass, it's not just the natural spread.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post

I'd also like to add my stuffs to the front post, FC and all that jazz.

3DS FC: 3093-8484-9162

Pokémon X IGN: Andrew
    Friends Safari: Sunkern ,Swadloon, Quilladin

Pokémon Omega Ruby IGN: Andrew

I have done a few breeding experiments but haven't really put forth a spreadsheet or whatnot. I do have access to nearly everything from Gen III if anyone is looking for weird Gen III sets (like Infestation Nightmare Butterfree, Seismic Toss M-Mom, and the like)
    I added you, do you have all of the gen 3 starters (or other starters)? I'm trying to get all of them. I haven't started breeding for abilities but I have a fairly large collection (my OCD requires that I try and own 100% of pokemon) and I can check for anything you need.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-12-04 at 11:30 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

26. - Top - End - #56

I added you, do you have all of the gen 3 starters (or other starters)? I'm trying to get all of them. I haven't started breeding for abilities but I have a fairly large collection (my OCD requires that I try and own 100% of pokemon) and I can check for anything you need.
    I've also added you and I do have all the starters. I do have access to some Protean Froakies and Magician Fennekins as well. Mostly just normal abilities for all the other starters, though. I'm not really looking for anything at the moment.
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, people are just cheating it with homepass, it's not just the natural spread.
    Care to elaborate? I've never really looked into the whole StreetPass thing. How do you cheat it? I really need to get my ticket before it's too late.

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlayItLoud View Post
    Care to elaborate? I've never really looked into the whole StreetPass thing. How do you cheat it? I really need to get my ticket before it's too late.
    There's a way of rigging your router so that it thinks it's a Nintendo Zone router, which means you get a constant stream of streetpasses from all the other people doing the same. I wouldn't advise it.

Speaking of too late, though, if anyone in the EU region missed their chance to get a Diancie I might be able to help you out. I know a guy who knows a guy.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a way of rigging your router so that it thinks it's a Nintendo Zone router, which means you get a constant stream of streetpasses from all the other people doing the same. I wouldn't advise it.
    Sounds simple enough, but seems sketchy. And my router is pretty finicky.

I also think I've officially caught the Battle Resort cheating. My Kangaskhan, base 100 Spe, Jolly, 252 Spe EVs was just outsped and OHKOed by a Jynx, base 95 Spe, that had no Spe boosts and used Blizzard and Psychic eliminating the possibility of a Scarf. This of course led to me losing a near 50 streak because Gliscor was OHKOed by Blizzard and my Azumarill was frozen.

30. - Top - End - #60

ElfRangerGuy

Speaking of too late, though, if anyone in the EU region missed their chance to get a Diancie I might be able to help you out. I know a guy who knows a guy.
    What do you want for it? I failed to get my Diancie in time, so I'd be interested in one, thanks!

Pokemon Y(Afo) an Alpha Sapphire (Al)
    Friend Code: 4656-7012-2957
    Friend safari: lilipup, loudred, ditto
    Available pokemon for trade: Follow the link.