New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Peebles' Perfectly Pointless Popular Prattle - Random Banter #211

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Okay, now I see what you're trying to do. It only works if your dice have values on the interval 0 <= x < d where d is the die size, though, and the notation is confusing: dA+KdB does not a fair die make, but BKdA + Ʃi=0k-1BidB does. Of course, now there's no need to express it in base B any longer...
    I was merely using dA+KdB to refer to the quantities of dice.

Also, a public service announcement. Remember to drink your milk. It prevents you from tripping over your own two feet and dying.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

*enters thread*
    *sees numbers, graphs and equations*
    *backs away slowly*

I'll . . . let myself out. Carry on good fellows.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2015-02-16 at 01:33 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Nooo, Curlington! Let's... let's talk about other stuff! Like... NAIL VARNISH. YEAH. COOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *enters thread*
    *backs away slowly*

I'm with you. I can't math. Or whatever that is if its not math.

I'm trying to pretend they don't exist.

ION: Mrs. Wombat is finally giving Dr. Who a shot. She started at the beginning of the New Who series originally, and lost interest quickly at that episode. Plus she hates Rose.

So, I started her off with "Blink" to show her a great episode that doens't really give away anything, and she became more interested in continuing. (this of course had taken months of convincing to get her to watch "Blink".)

Now she keeps turning it on when I get home, and saying - "We're watching this tonight, if that's okay."

Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2015-02-16 at 01:37 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Nooo, Curlington! Let's... let's talk about other stuff! Like... NAIL VARNISH. YEAH. COOL.
    In an amazing coincidence I literally painted my nails less than an hour ago, for the first time in about five months. It's still a moderately terrible job, but my nails are now a sassy black cherry red colour; I think I'm meant to put two coats of it on, but I'm a little lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post

Probability? Design?

ION: Mrs. Wombat is finally giving Dr. Who a shot. She started at the beginning of the New Who series originally, and lost interest quickly at that episode. Plus she hates Rose.

So, I started her off with "Blink" to show her a great episode that doens't really give away anything, and she became more interested in continuing. (this of course had taken months of convincing to get her to watch "Blink".)

Now she keeps turning it on when I get home, and saying - "We're watching this tonight, if that's okay."

Ah, yet another one of my favourite topics; you two know me so well.
    My commendations to Mrs. Wombat, she has excellent taste; I loathe Rose with every fibre of my being (*contemplates pointing out her reviews in the Doctor Who thread as evidence, but considers it might be self-promotion and maybe too pushy*), tell her that there are really good episodes in the first two seasons, so it might be a necessary evil to put up with that cow Rose.
    'Blink' is excellent, so she might want to watch the other early Moffatt episodes too. Unless she already has. How far has she made it?
    Oh! And tell her to just not watch 'Love and Monsters' at all. And maybe 'Fear Her' - it's iffy at best. And 'Daleks of Manhattan'/'Evolution of the Daleks' because I'm sure she appreciates being treated as an intelligent person.
    And the American accents are atrocious.

Tell me, would she (or you) ever consider watching Classic Who?
    *glances at her massive box of virtually every single Classic Who serial*
    *bounces*
    The problem though, is that I'm suffering from the Too Many Choices problem. I have somewhere in the region of one hundred and forty serials to watch spread out over eight Doctors! Yeah, I found the Doctor Who Movie bundled away on one of my DVDs too.
    It's like being given a choice between white chocolate Lindt truffle balls, stracciatella Lindt truffle balls, strawberry and cream Lindt truffle balls and Green&Blacks organic white chocolate with vanilla!
    I want all the things right now, but if I do I could give myself diabeetus. Or a masive sugar-induced headache. Or a tummy ache.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground

Also, I posit that no prime die size is expressible as sums of other dice.
    Well. You can get a fair roll from any die that has more sides than the die you are trying to make. Just say that all the numbers rolled that are higher than the die you are trying to make get thrown out and re-rolled. You can get a fair d7 just by using a d8 and throwing out any roll of 8. So is there a way to put the value of "1" into the equation? So you can subtract that "1" and make the pretended d7? 1 is half of a d2 which is a coin flip. 1 is 1/4 of a d4.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

In an amazing coincidence I literally painted my nails less than an hour ago, for the first time in about five months. It's still a moderately terrible job, but my nails are now a sassy black cherry red colour; I think I'm meant to put two coats of it on, but I'm a little lazy.
    We were made for each other in a telepathic alternative universe or something.

I really feel like doing my nails, but I honestly have no time and it's breaking my heart... Well, maybe I'll have the time in March! I really want to do my nails with plum and brown, absolutely love making water marble nails.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

8. - Top - End - #218

We were made for each other in a telepathic alternative universe or something.

I really feel like doing my nails, but I honestly have no time and it's breaking my heart... Well, maybe I'll have the time in March! I really want to do my nails with plum and brown, absolutely love making water marble nails.
    I have so many sisters from another mother. And father. And family. So AU sibling it is.

Well I was bored and distracted whilst watching some online videos. Better for my nails and fingers than eating them; took me twenty minutes to do one nail and it still didn't turn out very well.
    Plum and brown sounds like an interesting contrast, but I've never heard of water marble nails. See, I only have the one colour of lacquer. Maybe two. Or three. I think I've lost them though.
    Anyway, what are water marble nails?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Colossus in the Playground

*enters thread*
    *backs away slowly*

My brain is on fire. They set my brain on fire 0_0

What's nail varnish? For that matter why is it called nail polish, it doesn't really polish things it just paints them? Why not call it nail paint?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

I have so many sisters from another mother. And father. And family. So AU sibling it is.

Well I was bored and distracted whilst watching some online videos. Better for my nails and fingers than eating them; took me twenty minutes to do one nail and it still didn't turn out very well.
    Plum and brown sounds like an interesting contrast, but I've never heard of water marble nails. See, I only have the one colour of lacquer. Maybe two. Or three. I think I've lost them though.
    Anyway, what are water marble nails?
    SISTER FROM ANOTHA MISTER is what me and my best friend call each other. Rhymes.

Key for doing nails is just having polish remover and those cotton-stick-things whatever you call them around. Another thing is to just get varnishes that have small brushes, because damn the big ones are just a nope if you want good results.

I never thought I'd like such "dull" colours, but honestly, they look nice against my pale and rather red-toned skin - I know for a fact that red will never compliment me.

oh my worldly world water marble nail art is like the awesomest thing ever. And it's SO FRICKEN EASY.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    What's nail varnish? For that matter why is it called nail polish, it doesn't really polish things it just paints them? Why not call it nail paint?
    Nail varnish and nail polish are the same thing. And some people call it nail paint, too.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

11. - Top - End - #221

black cherry red colour
    I am confused by this.
    OK, so I suppose if I think about it I know black cherries aren't actually black, but it still reads weird.

My commendations to Mrs. Wombat, she has excellent taste; I loathe Rose with every fibre of my being (*contemplates pointing out her reviews in the Doctor Who thread as evidence, but considers it might be self-promotion and maybe too pushy*), tell her that there are really good episodes in the first two seasons, so it might be a necessary evil to put up with that cow Rose.
    Personally if I were rewatching series 1 I'd go for probably a minimum of 6 out of the 13 episodes, but if one didn't care about missing little continuity details and really hated Rose that could easily go down to 3. Hm. I could probably run up a variously highlighted episode list with different things meaning different levels of worth watching if we wanted to get properly into this.

You mean like this?:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    *groans*
    Oh god. Oh gods, my head!
    It's on FIRE!
    *runs about on maths fire*
    (And thus the theory of the RB time loop grows ever stronger. Even this sentence has been repeated before)
    Last edited by Thufir; 2015-02-16 at 02:57 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

12. - Top - End - #222

Nail varnish and nail polish are the same thing. And some people call it nail paint, too.
    Aaaah, okay. Neat! Like I said I've never really done it before, so I don't know all the terms/processes and stuff.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

'Blink' is excellent, so she might want to watch the other early Moffatt episodes too. Unless she already has. How far has she made it?
    Oh! And tell her to just not watch 'Love and Monsters' at all. And maybe 'Fear Her' - it's iffy at best. And 'Daleks of Manhattan'/'Evolution of the Daleks' because I'm sure she appreciates being treated as an intelligent person.
    And the American accents are atrocious.
    I did that on purpose.

I agree, I dislike Rose, but kinda liked the whole Bad Wolf thing, for what it's worth, even though I don't like her. I wasn't feeling her at all, and by the episode where she rips a hole in time and uses the doctor, I was done with her. I figured setting her up to see Blink would have given her a good in, and I was right. She's up to the "Are you my mommy" episode, but we haven't watched it yet. I'm looking forward to her seeing it.

Yes, yes, I've told her about Love and Monsters, and I've apparently been so successful in converting her to Dr. Who that she's opting for watching bad with good, just to get the full effect.

Tell me, would she (or you) ever consider watching Classic Who?
    *glances at her massive box of virtually every single Classic Who serial*
    *bounces*
    The problem though, is that I'm suffering from the Too Many Choices problem. I have somewhere in the region of one hundred and forty serials to watch spread out over eight Doctors! Yeah, I found the Doctor Who Movie bundled away on one of my DVDs too.
    It's like being given a choice between white chocolate Lindt truffle balls, stracciatella Lindt truffle balls, strawberry and cream Lindt truffle balls and Green&Blacks organic white chocolate with vanilla!
    I want all the things right now, but if I do I could give myself diabeetus. Or a masive sugar-induced headache. Or a tummy ache.
    I would LOVE to watch ALL of the Classic Who, or as much as possible. Not sure if she'd be for it (though she might after watching a bunch of nu who). I just have no way TO watch it, that I know of. I have a few episodes my Dad gave me, but that's about the extent of my experience with Classic Who.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

14. - Top - End - #224

Maybe I just have weird tastes but the "Are you my mommy" gasmask guys don't scare me in the slightest.

15. - Top - End - #225

Tell me about it. Here, have a nice cool drink and a painkiller of choice; won't do much for the fire, but it'll hurt a little less.

Well a varnish adds a shine to something and adds as a mild protectant. And a polish adds a shine to something, particularly those that have a trouble shining - wood for example.
    A nail varnish/polish does both of those things. And it's called nail paint and nail lacquer.

SISTER FROM ANOTHA MISTER is what me and my best friend call each other. Rhymes.
    Rhymes . . . sometimes I appreciate them, but often I prefer the more eloquent prose of the pre-1800s. And blank verse.

Key for doing nails is just having polish remover and those cotton-stick-things whatever you call them around. Another thing is to just get varnishes that have small brushes, because damn the big ones are just a nope if you want good results.

I never thought I'd like such "dull" colours, but honestly, they look nice against my pale and rather red-toned skin - I know for a fact that red will never compliment me.
    How do you know which type of varnish has a smaller brush? And while I do have polish remover I can't be bothered to use it when I do my nails. It's so infrequently used that I often forget I have it. And those, ah, cotton buds(?) have no place in this house. Too many animals. And we, again, can't be bothered.
    I sometimes try to improvise a cotton bud out of tissue though, if that helps.

Hey! Those colours aren't dull; if they suit they suit. And if they don't, use them anyway. I actually don't know if red compliments me or not, it was just close to hand and I was bored. I would show off, but it's a poor job. And my finger tips are a slightly inflamed red thanks to a very bad bout of stress-induced dermatophagia the other day. Blood was drawn, it's been weeks since that last happened.

oh my worldly world water marble nail art is like the awesomest thing ever. And it's SO FRICKEN EASY.
    It does look interesting, though perhaps a little fiddly and high maintenance; I'm not exactly the most patient person. Except when I am.
    I am a contrary person it seems.
    Though they do look pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I am confused by this.
    OK, so I suppose if I think about it I know black cherries aren't actually black, but it still reads weird.
    Black cherries are typically slightly shinier than normal cherries because of the 'wax' on them. I know it's not a wax (at least not if it's farmed organically), but that's what I call it. And black cherries are a much richer red than normal cherries; normal cherries are also a little more vibrant.

Personally if I were rewatching series 1 I'd go for probably a minimum of 6 out of the 13 episodes, but if one didn't care about missing little continuity details and really hated Rose that could easily go down to 3. Hm. I could probably run up a variously highlighted episode list with different things meaning different levels of worth watching if we wanted to get properly into this.
    Hi.
    I'm Koorly. I hate Rose. I'll still watch every episode in series one because I like Christopher Ecclestone. And I love to hate Rose. Frankly, just about the only episodes everyone would agree watching in season one are 'The Empty Child'/'The Doctor Dances'.

You mean like this?:

[reference]

(And thus the theory of the RB time loop grows ever stronger. Even this sentence has been repeated before)
    I miss the time loop! It's been so long!

I did that on purpose.
    Thank you sweetheart.

I agree, I dislike Rose, but kinda liked the whole Bad Wolf thing, for what it's worth, even though I don't like her. I wasn't feeling her at all, and by the episode where she rips a hole in time and uses the doctor, I was done with her. I figured setting her up to see Blink would have given her a good in, and I was right. She's up to the "Are you my mommy" episode, but we haven't watched it yet. I'm looking forward to her seeing it.
    I, too, quite like the concept behind Bad Wolf, but I do not like Rose. Bad Wolf could have been Mickey and nothing really would have changed about it. Except that I like Mickey quite a bit. Like you though, I went from 'eh-to-don't-like' (she nearly killed my interest in Who in season two), but it rapidly became HATE when it came to the end of season two. Because 'this is the story of how I died' you selfish, shallow, self-centred, sociopathic, egomaniacal, delusional -
    I have a rant about it.
    Maybe several rants.
    Scattered throughout episodes that are sometimes only tangential to the topic. I came very close to boycotting the 50th anniversary special because I heard Rose was in it.

'Blink' has actually become a fairly good stepping-on point for Doctor Who, so I'm glad you set her up with that after getting a second chance. I think she'll enjoy 'Empty'/'Dances' - it's like 'Blink' but longer. And less scary. Also a good mystery.

Yes, yes, I've told her about Love and Monsters, and I've apparently been so successful in converting her to Dr. Who that she's opting for watching bad with good, just to get the full effect.
    Bring something drinkable/snackable and make a game out of it. And move onto something good immediately after that; oh no, wait, 'Fear Her' comes next and implies that you can overcome child abuse through song. Also space ship powered by love and a sickeningly gushingly glurgey ending.
    Watch another episodes immediately after 'Fear Her' (which can also be skipped easily) as well. Oh no wait. It's 'Army of Ghosts'/'Doomsday'.
    AKA the end of season two.
    AKA the episodes where I learned to loathe Rose.
    AKA oh my God season two was a piece of crap wasn't it? 'Daleks'/'Evolution', 'Love and Monsters', 'Fear Her', 'Army'/'Doomsday'. Granted, the last two are predicated mostly on my hatred for Rose, so I fully admit there are good things in those episodes. But my God. I don't think Mrs. Wombat will like them if she took such an instant hatred to Rose; so promise her that those are the last two episodes she'll ever appear in.
    As a main Companion. Christ.

I would LOVE to watch ALL of the Classic Who, or as much as possible. Not sure if she'd be for it (though she might after watching a bunch of nu who). I just have no way TO watch it, that I know of. I have a few episodes my Dad gave me, but that's about the extent of my experience with Classic Who.
    *subtly indicates that all Classic serials can be found online in various forms*
    And also iTunes.
    Maybe see how she feels after season three, say that there's a part of the fourth season that's made better if you know some of the Classic series. It's not needed, but it makes it a little richer. Don't show her 'Genesis' right off; scatter some serials around from a couple of Doctors.
    Or just see how she feels one day.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh! And tell her to just not watch 'Love and Monsters' at all.

Am I the only person in the world who liked that episode?

Well, if you have Netflix...
    Or are willing to spend buttloads of money on Amazon.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2015-02-16 at 04:01 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe I just have weird tastes but the "Are you my mommy" gasmask guys don't scare me in the slightest.
    That's because they're basically zombies, and zombies have gotten boring by now.

Also, they don't get freaky until this happens:
    "Please let me in mummy, I'm scared of the bombs"
    and you see how they're made.

Or until you find out what's making them, and realize just how dangerous they are.

(also, Doctor Who generally isn't all that scary for adults. Thrilling in places, sure, but aside from Midnight no episode of the show has really disturbed me. Granted, I haven't seen classic.)
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Yes, yes you are.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

*shrug* Probably.

It's okay, man. I'm the only brony I've ever met who hated the Smile song. It's only natural that someone's gonna be 'that one guy'.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Well. You can get a fair roll from any die that has more sides than the die you are trying to make. Just say that all the numbers rolled that are higher than the die you are trying to make get thrown out and re-rolled. You can get a fair d7 just by using a d8 and throwing out any roll of 8. So is there a way to put the value of "1" into the equation? So you can subtract that "1" and make the pretended d7? 1 is half of a d2 which is a coin flip. 1 is 1/4 of a d4.
    I suppose, but that feels like cheating. Fractions, sure. But not rerolls.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    (also, Doctor Who generally isn't all that scary for adults. Thrilling in places, sure, but aside from Midnight no episode of the show has really disturbed me. Granted, I haven't seen classic.)
    Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead. I made the horrible life decision of watching them in the dark. As in laptop-as-the-only-source-of-light dark. And then I made things worse by mistakenly closing my laptop before turning on other lights. I may or may not have been momentarily afraid of the dark.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

I was merely using dA+KdB to refer to the quantities of dice.
    Yeah, I figured, but the talk about base B was confusing it a bit. I personally prefer to be mathematically correct.

Given, we both still assume that the dice roll their face values - 1, but shush!
    All the more proof that computer science is superior.

*enters thread*
    *backs away slowly*

Oh come on, it's just addition and multiplication and putting in some numbers inbetween, it can't be that hard.

Given, I vaguely remember a time when sigma statements looked like magical runes to me too...

Oh well, don't worry, you can always feel smugly superiour over me when it comes to Doctor Who instead. I know the hovering pepper grinders are called Daleks and that the telephone box which only calls the police is called the Tardis and is also a time machine. And that's about it and I've seen nothing else. And we still call them Pepper Grinders here in my family because littlest brother saw them once and was terrified to tears, so we've been giving him a hard time about it ever since. I'm happy I'm not a youngest sibling.

Also, Weeping Angels something something...

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Well, this way, you're actually not guaranteed to ever get a result (but the probability approaches infinity as the number of rerolls do, so you probably will), so it's not entirely clean...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead. I made the horrible life decision of watching them in the dark. As in laptop-as-the-only-source-of-light dark. And then I made things worse by mistakenly closing my laptop before turning on other lights. I may or may not have been momentarily afraid of the dark.
    I'll admit the Vashta Nerada are horrifying as a concept, but that episode didn't really scare me personally. They were exciting, sure, but not scary. There's a difference.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #233

I miss the time loop! It's been so long!
    Or alternatively, it's been hardly any time at all, because time loop.
    But yes, it has.

AKA oh my God season two was a piece of crap wasn't it? 'Daleks'/'Evolution', 'Love and Monsters', 'Fear Her', 'Army'/'Doomsday'.
    Daleks/Evolution was series three. But the end of series two was pretty rubbish yeah.

Granted, the last two are predicated mostly on my hatred for Rose, so I fully admit there are good things in those episodes.
    Also true. Dalek/Cyberman trash talk happened. I'm struggling to think of anything else in them that was particularly interesting though.

No, but you're heavily in the minority.
    Or, no wait, maybe it was Fear Her that Sunken Valley kept saying was actually really good even though everyone hated it. If so, then yeah you might be the only one who liked Love and Monsters.
    It was an interesting concept, just terrible execution.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2015-02-16 at 06:56 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll admit the Vashta Nerada are horrifying as a concept, but that episode didn't really scare me personally. They were exciting, sure, but not scary. There's a difference.
    Again. Laptop as the only source of light. I was watching it in utter darkness except for the screen.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Again. Laptop as the only source of light. I was watching it in utter darkness except for the screen.
    That's suicidal. You should never do that. Ever. The last thing you need is for someone or something to decide to pop in on you just as you get scared or into it and freak you out in real life. Especially if you live with any animals or people that instinctively know when to do so.

I saw a random banter thread, and I was tempted to empty my heart into it of recent events. But I figured it would be rude to do so without at least posting something else. I suppose I should be slightly on topic: I basically don't watch tv anymore. Is Doctor Who worth finding online? I hadn't looked, and only know of it via mild cultural osmosis.

Edit: Yo, I see a Zodiac! Hey, where'd that Megaman Lp ever get to? I got disconnected a while ago, but I always wanted to see if you finished it.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2015-02-16 at 09:50 PM.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    That's suicidal. You should never do that. Ever. The last thing you need is for someone or something to decide to pop in on you just as you get scared or into it and freak you out in real life. Especially if you live with any animals or people that instinctively know when to do so.

I saw a random banter thread, and I was tempted to empty my heart into it of recent events. But I figured it would be rude to do so without at least posting something else. I suppose I should be slightly on topic: I basically don't watch tv anymore. Is Doctor Who worth finding online? I hadn't looked, and only know of it via mild cultural osmosis.
    Honestly? No.

I stopped watching when Matt Smith left. And by that point I was only watching to see how he ended - I didn't care enough to pick it back up again when Capaldi's first episode rolled around. So many stupid, terrible decisions and worse episodes... Maybe it got better when Capaldi became the Doctor, but I wouldn't count on it.

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly? No.

I stopped watching when Matt Smith left. And by that point I was only watching to see how he ended - I didn't care enough to pick it back up again when Capaldi's first episode rolled around. So many stupid, terrible decisions and worse episodes... Maybe it got better when Capaldi became the Doctor, but I wouldn't count on it.
    I recommend Into the Dalek, Robots of Sherwood, and from later in the season, Mummy on the Orient Express. Robots is when Capaldi started feeling like the Doctor to me. Or

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

I recommend Into the Dalek, Robots of Sherwood, and from later in the season, Mummy on the Orient Express. Robots is when Capaldi started feeling like the Doctor to me. Or
    Are the villains an actual presence within the show that do anything other than make the Doctor look like a badass? (Say what you like about the RTD era, at least the villains were used well. Usually)

Does the series now suddenly care about its previously established continuity?

Is the mystery box aspect that plagued Moffat's era gone?

Is Clara a consistent character?

Is Danny Pink around for longer than the episode he dies in? Also, does anyone besides Danny Pink die? Because seriously, nobody important dies anymore which is kind of a problem when you want to convince us that the characters are in danger!!

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Are the villains an actual presence within the show that do anything other than make the Doctor look like a badass? (Say what you like about the RTD era, at least the villains were used well. Usually)
    Yes. Missy.

Is Danny Pink around for longer than the episode he dies in? Also, does anyone besides Danny Pink die? Because seriously, nobody important dies anymore which is kind of a problem when you want to convince us that the characters are in danger!!
    Danny Pink is around for the season. And there are multiple recurring characters who die.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Everyone in here is speaking nonsense, and not the good sort that can responded to in kind, but the bad sort that requires specific responses to draw out a further response.

Nertz.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2015-02-16 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.