New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins XV: Klik Here

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    That wouldn't necessarily be any different than with Thaco, though. We don't know that Thaco is seeing the attacks using his eyes. He might be seeing them with his mind as some sort of an overlay. Alternatively, the automatons could have some sort of visual sensors under the cloth, couldn't they?

We don't see an automaton that is lacking a blindfold attacking Thaco now. It's possible that it got another blindfold somehow or maybe it just hasn't gotten back into the fight, but it's also possible that it's just standing around stupidly because it can't fight without its blindfold. Perhaps if we could see that one, we would have a better idea of what the blindfolds do for the automatons.

Really, we don't have enough information. It would just seem a bit odd if the automatons were wearing a powerful magic item that did them absolutely no good, though.
    Check out the last pannel Here and the seccond to last Here, the automatons are wearing their headbands in vastly different ways, some of wich don't cover where we would tradtionally put eyes. i can only assume that either they don't have eyes to speak of, or for some reason each/some/most of the automaton heads have different eye placements, wich wouldn't make much sense.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

No, I don't see it. It looks to me as if the automatons either have the piece of cloth arranged horizontally so that it would cover both eyes in one pass, or they have it wrapped around their head twice, potentially covering one eye with each pass. Granted, the one would need to have the eyes pretty close together, but why not? Also, for whatever reason, some have different head shapes and some wear the cloth differently, which already seems kind of random, so I couldn't rule out fairly random eye placement, too.

If the cloths help the automatons, Thaco should try pulling them off. Otherwise, it won't matter. Thaco might be able to tell based on what the one that lost the blindfold does, or he might try stealing a few more to get a larger sample size to observe.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2015-07-26 at 06:32 PM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

ehh, i kinda doubt it. check out the seccond link, seccond to last pannel. There's an automaton with a cloth wrapped vertically down only the right side of it's face. That's enough for me to say they don't have eyes at least.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Ok, new question. Will thaco wear these things like a bandanna or a necklace when he isnt fighting? Gotta be able to put them on quickly after all, and its doubtful he would want to go full time seeing what people will do instead of what they are doing outside of combat.

Anyways, this is cool, thaco gets his upgrade, finally. He hasnt gotten anything since the story began other than his pants which werent magical in any way. Im assuming fumbles will find something useful amongst all the dead adventurer bodies, and maybe everyone else will be able to find something useful as well, though they need far less than thaco and fumbles.
    Technically, pants are magical. Minmax even have pants? No!
    So Thac0 has the best magic item.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Technically, pants are magical. Minmax even have pants? No!
    So Thac0 has the best magic item.
    Well, if pants gave a combat bonus, Minmax would be wearing at least 7 pairs.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

frown Re: Goblins XV: Klik Here

BIG EARS!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Oh, right. I forgot.
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

7. - Top - End - #427
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Add +1 to Saral Caine's count.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

You're a monster
    :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    BIG EARS!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Oh, right. I forgot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was all ready to scream at you for spoilers.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was all ready to scream at you for spoilers.
    Clearly he forgot.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Err, why did they think they needed to get down and help Thako? Were they afraid he was winning?

(I guess Minimax could have been worried about not being awarded XP, but still...)

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

About the blog: I tried Soylent for a month and I loved it. The only reason I stopped is that it ends up costing 10 dollars a day, and at the time I spent much less on food so it seemed like an unreasonable amount. Now though, I eat out every now and then and that's definitely more than 10 bucks a day. I should probably order some again.

The main reason it works for me is that I'm lazy. When I had soylent, that was my whole diet (I ate nothing else) and it made it really simple. No cooking needed. No calorie counting needed (I'd make a day worth at the start of the day, when it was gone my calories were gone).

I actually enjoyed the taste. Tasted like oats to me.

On the flipside, my husband hated it. He had to stop after a couple of days, and just the though of it makes him nauseated. He was forcing himself to take it every time and would gag throughout. I made him smoothies with it and he managed to eat the first one, but then they made him gag just like anything else. And he was constantly hungry. So I think Soylent doesn't work for everyone. If food is super important to you, Soylent's probably not for you, at least not full-time. But I bet you could have figured that out :P

13. - Top - End - #433

That update gave me a start until I saw the next panel.

Still... yipes!
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    About the blog: I tried Soylent for a month and I loved it. The only reason I stopped is that it ends up costing 10 dollars a day, and at the time I spent much less on food so it seemed like an unreasonable amount. Now though, I eat out every now and then and that's definitely more than 10 bucks a day. I should probably order some again.

The main reason it works for me is that I'm lazy. When I had soylent, that was my whole diet (I ate nothing else) and it made it really simple. No cooking needed. No calorie counting needed (I'd make a day worth at the start of the day, when it was gone my calories were gone).

I actually enjoyed the taste. Tasted like oats to me.

On the flipside, my husband hated it. He had to stop after a couple of days, and just the though of it makes him nauseated. He was forcing himself to take it every time and would gag throughout. I made him smoothies with it and he managed to eat the first one, but then they made him gag just like anything else. And he was constantly hungry. So I think Soylent doesn't work for everyone. If food is super important to you, Soylent's probably not for you, at least not full-time. But I bet you could have figured that out :P
    i've been thinking of giving it a look myself. im just hesitant to but it because i still dont have a new job :/ sounds nice not needing to worry about what to eat when your hungry though. i imagine i'd still eat one or two things for enjoyment though.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Err, why did they think they needed to get down and help Thako? Were they afraid he was winning?

(I guess Minimax could have been worried about not being awarded XP, but still...)
    He is still outnumbered, and now that ears is out, they have some healing as well as a solid tank there to soak up some hits.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yeah, but Thako won't need any healing until after the shadows have been added.

Actually, I was mostly being snarky, largely because it doesn't seem as if any of the characters are bothering to pay attention to the bots in any of the last seven panels, yet that doesn't seem to matter. (Yes, those panels were very funny in a horrifying way, but that seems rather odd -- well, that too. ) In the rest of the panels, it looked as if Thako wasn't being touched, so it was as if the bots had all but stopped mattering. I had already gotten the impression that Thako was handling them pretty easily on the previous page.

More seriously, I'm not sure if Thako has completely won, but I think he might have (for now). If not, I don't think Ears can help as a tank because Thako's blindfold seemed to help him so much that he wasn't getting hit anyway. I think he became too OP to need a tank. Since he lacks a blindfold, Ears would get hit, though, so really he mostly just provided a more vulnerable target to any remaining bots. Granted, Thako's injuries still need to be healed, though. Ears can do that much. Also, to be fair, if Thako screwed up, he probably would all of the sudden need a tank to bail him out. (Nah, that never happens! )

My new concern now, however, is that by coming down, Ears has started round 2! I don't know what round 2 is (if it is anything), but I have a feeling that it will be twice as bad as what Thako was facing until now.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

I will never understand how people can misspell the names of characters whose names they only ever read.

'Thaco'. 'To Hit Armour Class Zero'.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    I will never understand how people can misspell the names of characters whose names they only ever read.
    Hmm, when reading you just need to have memorized enough of the name to be able to recognize it at a glance, not necessarily enough to spell it correctly. If you never try to really learn the spelling then maybe your brain just makes something up to correspond to the name the first time you see it and that's reinforced every time afterwards as now you're really not paying attention to the spelling because you already "know" that name. Just ask poor Zyklon.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

You would probably be very surprised at how differently people's brains work. My ability to spell is far below average (I make mistakes that are far more embarrassing than what you just pointed out), yet in other tests I score extremely high. That's just the way I'm made.

The problem with Thaco's name, and probably many names that are only read, is that they aren't common names, so they aren't in spell checkers. If I don't get help from a spell checker, I'm probably going to have problems with it.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2015-08-02 at 07:49 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, this right here is my problem with Soylent as a cost saver. It's actually pretty expensive compared to cooking for yourself. If all you do is eat out, it's a better deal, and if all you eat out are cheeseburgers and pizza, it's probably a huge improvement in terms of nutrition. It's mostly a way to get healthy meals without paying for expensive takeout or cooking.

My current career trajectory suggests that I'm going to have very little time after this year ends, so I'm thinking about getting it.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yea guys! Spell Thacz's name right!
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2015-08-03 at 02:33 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442

Damn it, I miss-"readed" the page.

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought Thaco wasn't fond of Ears joining him because it was a monk's job and Ears would have been safer upside until Thaco was done.
    I missed the fact that the axe was through Ear's neck before seeing next panel :/
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)

23. - Top - End - #443
    Firbolg in the Playground

I dunno', Aluma. It's terrible.

Ilka tulka tak.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

24. - Top - End - #444

New update
    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess Thaco won already. And now we learn the limits to his new gear. No problem, wear it as a headband and pull it down when a fight breaks out. Too bad he cant use it with his swords though. Time for them to scavenge loot. Im kinda annoyed how the fight went. I mean, we didnt see the golems take any real damage, they just got knocked down, and didnt get up again.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

New update
    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess Thaco won already. And now we learn the limits to his new gear. No problem, wear it as a headband and pull it down when a fight breaks out. Too bad he cant use it with his swords though. Time for them to scavenge loot. Im kinda annoyed how the fight went. I mean, we didnt see the golems take any real damage, they just got knocked down, and didnt get up again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought he didn't have his swords anymore, did I forget something?

26. - Top - End - #446

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought he didn't have his swords anymore, did I forget something?
    You forgot something, here they are, right here

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

You forgot something, here they are, right here
    Aaah. He only lost one of them. That's why he's fighting with just the one.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

They say it's only really useful for monks, but I think dedicated spellcasters would love it as well; so long as they avoid material components (easy for the psion-types)

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by virgileso View Post
    They say it's only really useful for monks, but I think dedicated spellcasters would love it as well; so long as they avoid material components (easy for the psion-types)
    I think dedicated spellcasters would presumably stay away from the fight in the first place, while a monk will be in the middle of it, so the item is useful for a monk but not necessarily for a spellcaster since it impairs regular vision, and they don't care that much about the attacks as the attacks should be coming at their tank, not at them. For that reason it probably wouldn't be that great for a ranged attacker even if you could use it with a weapon.
    And a spellcaster should really be carrying a weapon for when they run out of spells anyways.

But yeah, it could work for a spellcaster, I agree, they wouldn't be blind. I just don't think it would be particularly worth it.

30. - Top - End - #450

On the plus side, there are like a half dozen of them, so even if they WERE useful to someone other than Thaco, there are plenty of spares lying around.