New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins XV: Klik Here

Yeah, he can cast 2/11's of any spell on Druid, Bard, Cleric, or Wiz spell list. So any cantrips I guess.

Ooh, he has sneak attack too.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Yeah, he can cast 2/11's of any spell on Druid, Bard, Cleric, or Wiz spell list. So any cantrips I guess.

Ooh, he has sneak attack too.
    Well he cast 1/11 of a Sleep spell at level 1 to make someone "kinda drowsy". So...

Druid: 2/11 Entangle = Stick broccoli between their teeth!
    Bard: 2/11 Charm Person = They kinda sorta want to kill you less painfully than before!
    Cleric: 2/11 Summon Monster I = Summon handful of Suck Badger fur! (actually his mustache might be his Animal Companion at this point...)
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

I quite like Tha0 picking his teeth in panel three and glancing back at his finger at the end. Great little character moment.

I remember back when Thunt posted that "sounds of Goblins" page before he started updating again, which included the Fumbles/MinMax dialogue from this page. Folks were trying to guess who the goblin in question was. I didn't think it was Fumbles, because I didn't expect his linguistic recovery to be so swift. It's still kinda sad to me that he wants to talk to MinMax more than his brothers, but I understand that after trauma, sometimes it's easier to talk to a near-stranger than a loved one.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

HAAHAHAHA!! I love it!

Since it seems that Minmax is the key to Fumbles' recovery, I wonder if the other goblins will notice and appreciate that.

I suspect that we won't see Forgath rejoining the group for a very long time, and along the way, even without Forgath's guidance, Minmax will eventually become true friends of the goblins.... IF the goblins can STAND it, that is.
    "...Look, it's a simple job. Just go down to the docks, book passage on the good ship Harm's Way, set sail for the Isles of Immaculate Doom, pick up the Orb of Despair which is already waiting for you, and bring it back to deliver to that crazy old coot who lives in that creepy old tower in the Swamp of a Thousand Screams. What could possibly go wrong?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh. With the shading, I can now actually see the bones in the previous comic.

Also, it appears that this is the beginning of Minmax learning to at least tolerate the goblins.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

6. - Top - End - #186

Fun page, liked it.

MM shares his temper with Names and some stupidity. They don't go along.
    MM shares lot of stupidity with Fumbles, they're new BFF!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Also, it appears that this is the beginning of Minmax learning to at least tolerate the goblins.
    MM learnt to tolerate monsters already but he's still mad at Names.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Quild View Post
    Yeah, he hates him on a personal level, that's like the opposite of racism
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quild View Post
    Fun page, liked it.

MM shares his temper with Names and some stupidity. They don't go along.
    MM shares lot of stupidity with Fumbles, they're new BFF!

Yeah, but he is still calling them all "stupid goblin" or just "goblin" instead of by their names. I dont think he wants to admit it quite yet. I wouldnt be surprised if in the next comic he realizes he is acting friendly towards a goblin and goes all tsundere on us again.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yeah, but he is still calling them all "stupid goblin" or just "goblin" instead of by their names. I dont think he wants to admit it quite yet. I wouldnt be surprised if in the next comic he realizes he is acting friendly towards a goblin and goes all tsundere on us again.
    Tsun tsun Minmax ... kawaii!

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    Tsun tsun Minmax ... kawaii!
    Yeah should have said tsun tsun, but in general I can see him being tsundere. Afterall, its already happened. He really doesnt like these guys, but fumbles can get him to do nice things, and even get him all excited and engaged in a happy chat. Now he just has to realize it and switch back to sulky and angry, and the circle shall be complete!

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

He's still in that sort of transitional period...remember how he gave Kin a birthday party, so that she had one 'normal' thing about her and thus he could reason not killing her as a monster. He's still in the mindset of 'monsters are killed for XP', but he can recognize specific individuals like Kin and the GAP are exceptions to the 'rule', for all that the rule is still ingrained in him to some degree.

12. - Top - End - #192

Doesn't seem they took time to introduce properly considering the latent animosity in the air.

MM remembers Names, but did not met the others before I think.

The recent course of action is as following:
    MM and Forgath tealeports in front of the goblins
    Short combat
    Arrives Kore
    MM helps with the puzzle thing, doesn't introduce
    They enter the dungeon.
    He immediately goes mourning Forgath.
    The very next thing he does is speaking to Fumbles.

Maybe we missed introduction right before they decide to work together in the search of a secret door, but I'm not certain of that.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Maxo Kickaxo FTW!
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Kickasso fought Minmax before so he knows HIM. Doesn't seem to hold much of a grudge though, since they're getting along.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    Well, Kickasso fought Minmax before so he knows HIM. Doesn't seem to hold much of a grudge though, since they're getting along.
    They did have quite an ...intimate encounter if I recall.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

As intimate as kick to the a balls is .

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    As intimate as kick to the a balls is .
    Uh noooo, a bit more intimate, about as far away from a FOOT to the balls as it gets.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Firbolg in the Playground

Uh noooo, a bit more intimate, about as far away from a FOOT to the balls as it gets.
    You know, I had always thought he had bitten him. Now it all looks pretty tame to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    You know, I had always thought he had bitten him. Now it all looks pretty tame to me.

That's what I always assumed, maybe it's why Minmax feels so connected to Fumbles now.

20. - Top - End - #200

I was thinking about the fact that Kore is at least level 14 and yet doesn't have any magic items, and how strange that is, and I think I have a reason. I was rereading the comic and when looking the scene when Taps died i realized something, Kore doesn't ever go easy. he is at least level 14 against elderly goblin commoners, even a blind one, and yet he still fights against them the way he fights against everybody else. No effort is made to preserve his bolts. And frankly if that is how he fights things (and this guy does basically nothing but fight) it would figure that he would drain through magic items very quickly. I mean I don't see him as the guy who preserves charges, and when it comes to magic items, I figure he will use them until they break or he losses them without any concern for the long term. I mean when he had the racist axe, he threw it over a cliff, even though it would be useful to keep it, he didn't want there to be a chance for forgoth to use it.....actually no, that was just kinda silly. I think I am just rambling

21. - Top - End - #201

The thing about magic gear is, its not always obvious. For example, the armor minmax wears doesnt exactly glow, neither does his sword. Both are magical. Not everything is going to glow like Names' sword does. That being said, Kore also has plenty of buffing options for himself and his gear, so its not like he really needs magic gear, if he doesnt have any (which i doubt) because he can put magical buffs on his weapons and such. Also, this world seems fairly low op. A level 14 is like, the ultimate legend of this universe. Minmax and forgath are feeling froggy because they are level TWO at brassmoon. Im not sure what level goblinslayer and saral were, but I wouldnt be surprised if he was half kores level and he practically rules the city as its biggest baddest dudes.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Kore only plays the first half of the game. He kills things but doesn't take their stuff.

23. - Top - End - #203

GS was at least level 6, no higher than level 8, which isn't very impressive all things considered. But the racist axe was obviously magical it was glowing.

Actually for world building details, I was looking at the picture of brassmoon
    http://www.goblinscomic.org/09102006/

and I was wondering about how the city looks really out of proportion to the people, and I had two theories.

First, maybe the city was build by giants or something else, and humans just took it over. It would explain how despite how big the walls were, large chunks of the city seem to be deserted.

The second possibility is that the giant empty square in the middle was part of the city that was destroyed during the orc invasion and they hadn't gotten around to repairing it.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

The third possibility is that Thunt really sucks at perspective and proportions.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2015-05-17 at 08:51 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

25. - Top - End - #205

Ok cool, I had a feeling goblinslayers level was mostly nailed down, but it proves my point. He was the big man on campus at that (relatively) low level. As for the racist axe, yeah it glowed, but not all magic items do. Forgaths anymug didnt glow, I dont think his hammace glowed either until it was used as a holy symbol. Im just saying that not all things magical glow.

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    The third possibility is that Thunt really sucks at perspective and proportions.
    No, that would be something that was obviously trying to look realistic and came out all wrong and weird, the design of Brassmoon is obviously not a human city, even without the perspective and proportions, the basic design is very dramatically different. Not to mention when it comes to the proportions of most of the other objects (the goblins tents for example) he does just fine.

On the subject of magical items, yes you are right, not all items are going to be obviously and maybe Kore missed them, but the racist axe was literally in his hand, it was glowing, and the blade was floating about an inch away from the handle and he chose to throw it away.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Considering Kore's morality it's entirely possible he just assumes any magic item he finds in the possession of the people he meets to be tainted by evil and destroys or casts them aside.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

28. - Top - End - #208

I must say that I like how Thunt manage to creates interesting dungeons that are definetely not "door/monster/treasure".
    There's maybe too many riddles in those, or to my taste, traps that will kill you without a saving throw, but there is good stuff.

I especially liked the "Noe" guy.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

it's entirely possible that Kore's crossbows have a simmiler enchantment on them to the ones found on the brassmoon city guards, the bolts seem simmiler in size shape and colour. less damage, but an unlimited suply as the quivver gradually resuplies itself.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by CowardlyPaladin View Post
    No, that would be something that was obviously trying to look realistic and came out all wrong and weird, the design of Brassmoon is obviously not a human city, even without the perspective and proportions, the basic design is very dramatically different. Not to mention when it comes to the proportions of most of the other objects (the goblins tents for example) he does just fine.

On the subject of magical items, yes you are right, not all items are going to be obviously and maybe Kore missed them, but the racist axe was literally in his hand, it was glowing, and the blade was floating about an inch away from the handle and he chose to throw it away.
    He could have better. After all, while the racist axe would likely help him wipe out forgaths clan, its a stupidly boring weapon against everything else. And thats also assuming he has any freaking idea what it is. I dont think paladin abominations against nature get identify magic item as a spell. He also doesnt have time to inspect every item he stumbles over while killing evil, he has more evil to kill! Plus, he was kinda messed up from that fight. His own gear (which has worked very nicely to date) was heavily damaged. Busted axes, damaged shield gears, crushed helmet, etc etc etc.

Honestly, this was an incredibly close fight for him. Had minmax joined in and they fought smart, it might have ended differently. Oblivious is a VERY dangerous sword, and his armor has taken shots from a balor and remained intact. Have forgath stay in front to soak up crossbow bolts due to his gear to close the distance, switch for minmax to take the front in melee while forgath flanks with that awesome improvised weapon combo of his, and you could see kore do a LOT of bleeding.