• Yes

18 42.86%
  • NO

24 57.14%
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Could Jillian be a Spy for Stanley/Wanda

Considering how many times Jillian has been captured and then escaped/ been set free what are the odds she is at least partially or with out her knowing a spy...?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Default Re: Could Jillian be a Spy for Stanley/Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Considering how many times Jillian has been captured and then escaped/ been set free what are the odds she is at least partially or with out her knowing a spy...?
    I don't think "spy" is the right term for it, but at this point I think it's distinctly possible that Wanda has hit upon a catch-and-release arrangement to gather new intel each time Jillian is reckless enough to get herself captured again.

If so, she may think that she's been escaping on her own (through a setup involving deliberate security lapses and/or Wanda's memory-editing spell). OTOH, if Wanda has been letting her escape, and she remembers it, it might help to explain why she thought Wanda would accept her "let's both of us get out of here" proposal. (On the gripping hand, the proposal might have been simply another typically impulsive act, made without thinking through whether or not it was likely to succeed.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Then there would be no reason to bother torturing Jillian. There would also be no reason for Jillian to bother killing Dwagons when it was her intention to be captured anyway. It would also be a dangerous game to play when your spying for a losing side and truth is like to come out in Ansoms dungeon since Stanley is expected to lose soon. She would probably then also have no qualms about sleeping with Ansom if it meant getting even more information out of him.

With that said, it has been suggested that Wanda is magically compelling Jillian to keep returning and getting captured, even if Jillian herself is unaware of such a suggestion. It would also be keeping with Wanda's comment about Jillian having less choice then she realizes.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Maybe i should have asked if she was being used for information by wanda/stanley... though i think stanley is a little to dense to think of that plan.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

I think that Wanda and Stanley are using her for information and that Wanda is releasing her so that they can get more information out of her, but she doesn't realize that she's spying for them....

And it was probably Wanda's idea, not Stanley's; I agree that Stanley probably isn't capable of thinking up something like that....
    "Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't comin' back, burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I found Serenity, but you can't take the sky from me."

May the Force be with you.

Why are you standing in the courtyard holding a parasol painted like a bullseye?

Highlight: I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

I think that it has more to do with her backstory than some sort of tactic; first off, Wanda mentioned something about Jillian being royalty a few strips ago. Second, Ansom hasn't mentioned her noble ancestry yet, possibly because he doesn't know. These two things could possibly suggest that she is from the Croatan tribe like Wanda and that she deserted, hence Wanda's obsession with her stems from deep rooted anger rather than hatred. Perhaps they were even friends before whatever happened to the Croatan tribe happened... Perhaps even relatives?

But we just won't know until they reveal more about the characters.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

i really do think they are sisters, but i think she has some sort of mind control over her...since she did say she "Controlled" her
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Possible spoiler

I find it unlikely that Jillian could be related to Wanda or from the Croatan Tribe. If you look in the character section her full name is given as Jillian Zamussels. In strip 34 Vinnie, when talking to Anson about what Stanley has done to other tribes, says "He attcked us, hit the elves...I dunno what he did to Zamussels." To me that emplies that stanley really did some damage to that ribe. I doubt Wanda would serve him if she were some how connected to Jillian or her apparent tribe.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

No, I don't think she is a spy. She's just confused. She could also be giving mis-information too.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

I think page 41 makes this a resounding YES
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spy is still kinda the wrong term. It implies willingness. She's a .... sleeper agent.
    "River" cancels eat: Food is problematic.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

She is an unwilling spy.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Or perhaps Wanda and Stanley are not the same side overall?

I'm thinking that perhaps Wanda is not as loyal as it would first appear, and she and Jillian are upto something.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Iralie View Post
    Or perhaps Wanda and Stanley are not the same side overall?

I'm thinking that perhaps Wanda is not as loyal as it would first appear, and she and Jillian are upto something.
    I think Wanda has her own agenda, but Jillian is her instrument, not her partner.
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-04-15 at 09:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Erk View Post
    Spy is still kinda the wrong term. It implies willingness. She's a .... sleeper agent.
    It's like The Manchurian Candidate meets Xena: Warrior Princess! It could be called Jillian: The Gobwin Knobian Warlord Princess. I'm picturing a miniseries.
    Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-04-15 at 11:16 AM.
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Erk View Post
    I knew spy was the wrong term but was struggling to get the right term...
    i do not believe sleeper agent is the right term either... any ideas any one?

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    I knew spy was the wrong term but was struggling to get the right term...
    i do not believe sleeper agent is the right term either... any ideas any one?
    Hmmm... the usual terms ("deep agent", "sleeper agent", "deep-cover agent") all come from real-world espionage, and thus don't allow for the possibility of an agent who is under this sort of long-term mental influence and doesn't fully control or understand his/her own actions.

I'm trying to recall if a particular term was used to describe this situation in The Manchurian Candidate or some other fictional depiction....
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-04-15 at 07:13 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

"Sleeper agent" is also the term for brainwashed agents in fiction. In fact, The Manchurian Candidate is the example in the Wikipedia article for that usage of the term. I didn't know that (about the article), it was just the first example that sprang to mind...probably for the same reasons why they used it in the article.
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!