New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "That makes sense. So my guys just want to rush in and make sure you don't get to use your guns. And then how many of these do we roll to see who goes first?" Naku asks, picking up a few of the nearby dice.
    "For that we need just one. We need much more when making attack rolls for the guns and the close combat, because every dice will represent a bullet or sword aimed at your enemy."

Mr C takes a dice and let's it woll. it his the edge of the table and comes to a hald with two points face up.

"Urg, that's bad. Now you."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Present]

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    Ezra chuckles at the effect he's having on KC. She's both the more reserved of the two (the second being Axxie) and the more self-conscious regarding public displays of affection.

He sits down beside KC and turns to Naku as well. "Oh my, it's rather tempting to order spaghetti that we can share, just like the old movie, yes!" He chuckles and boops KC on the nose. "However, I'll have bacon and eggs, thank you. And maybe any metal cutleries you might not need anymore, oh my, yes!"
    "Eggs Benedict, sure thing. Aaaand bacon and eggs. How would you like them? Scrambled? And I would request you don't eat the silverwear. We need those." Naku says, all while scribbling stuff down onto her notepad.
    KC doesn't visibly let out a sigh of relief, but she's glad Ezra changed his mind on the spaghetti. Getting tomato sauce on her clothes would be the least of her worries.

KC nods. 'Silverware, huh? Are they made of real silver, as opposed to stainless steel?' Silverware is sometimes used to refer to cutlery without any actual silver.

And why is this important anyway?

'Ezra, are you weak to silver? On one hand, you're a vampire. On the other hand, you aren't vulnerable to sunlight, and you're not exactly a standard vamp.'

Ah, that.

KC momentarily wonders if Naku has a silver weakness, too.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-07-10 at 07:43 AM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Well then let's not dwell on it." Yasmine decides. She was just curious if the fey handing their champions iron weapons was a bit ill-advised. "It's a lovely weapon. I've seen few as beautiful and most of those were made of celestial gold. I truly cannot wait for lessons to begin."
    The half drow blushes a bit at the praise of the blade.
    You don't know the half of how much that means to me. When I forged my pact, well, let's put it this way: Japanese culture sees the weapon not merely as a tool, but an extension of oneself.
    ((The reason of ironic name, btw? Akane means "deep red"))
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #484
    Orc in the Playground

[Present]

"Scrambled will do, thank you dear Naku, oh my, yes!" Ezra smiles at Naku, even when she declines serving him edible silverware. "Of course, of course!"

Then he turns to KC, a grin on his face. "The spaghetti can come later." A wink follows.

At the question, he frowns slightly. "Well... being a bladepire, I'm not, oh my, no. However, I dislike silver. Can be rather peppery, oh yes!"

[Evening]

Reggie nods dumbly. "Yeah... Don't remember... much."

Then he hangs his head and mumbles something at first, then more audibly.

"No... not okay. Need a... friend... feel alone..."

5. - Top - End - #485
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    [Present]

KC doesn't visibly let out a sigh of relief, but she's glad Ezra changed his mind on the spaghetti. Getting tomato sauce on her clothes would be the least of her worries.

KC nods. 'Silverware, huh? Are they made of real silver, as opposed to stainless steel?' Silverware is sometimes used to refer to cutlery without any actual silver.

KC momentarily wonders if Naku has a silver weakness, too.
    "I'm fairly sure they're just stainless steel. But everyone's just called them silverware this entire time. Are they not?" Naku asks, frowning slightly in thought.

[Present]

"Scrambled will do, thank you dear Naku, oh my, yes!" Ezra smiles at Naku, even when she declines serving him edible silverware. "Of course, of course!"

[Evening]

Reggie nods dumbly. "Yeah... Don't remember... much."

Then he hangs his head and mumbles something at first, then more audibly.

"No... not okay. Need a... friend... feel alone..."
    Present

"Scrambled it is. Anything to drink for either of you two?"

Evening

"I'm sorry for hear that. Not remembering isn't fun. Well, I can keep you company for a while, if it would help."

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Well then let's not dwell on it." Yasmine decides. She was just curious if the fey handing their champions iron weapons was a bit ill-advised. "It's a lovely weapon. I've seen few as beautiful and most of those were made of celestial gold. I truly cannot wait for lessons to begin."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    The half drow blushes a bit at the praise of the blade.
    You don't know the half of how much that means to me. When I forged my pact, well, let's put it this way: Japanese culture sees the weapon not merely as a tool, but an extension of oneself.
    ((The reason of ironic name, btw? Akane means "deep red"))
    "That sounds a lot like back home." which makes sense, since Naku's home setting is rather Japanese themed, "I forged my own blade, and it served me well." It should also be noted that, no matter the cosplay, Naku always has her own katana on her hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "For that we need just one. We need much more when making attack rolls for the guns and the close combat, because every dice will represent a bullet or sword aimed at your enemy."

Mr C takes a dice and let's it woll. it his the edge of the table and comes to a hald with two points face up.

"Urg, that's bad. Now you."
    It's okay though! Because Naku rolls a one!
    "So that means you go first, yes?"
    Last edited by Mee; 2015-07-10 at 04:19 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm sorry for hear that. Not remembering isn't fun. Well, I can keep you company for a while, if it would help."
    Evening

Without smiling, Reggie visibly brightens. "Really? Thanks. Company... appreciated. Wouldn't want.... to... keep you here... Can try and... make it... fun..."

He grins the grin of someone that is just learning how to grin.

7. - Top - End - #487

Evening

Without smiling, Reggie visibly brightens. "Really? Thanks. Company... appreciated. Wouldn't want.... to... keep you here... Can try and... make it... fun..."

He grins the grin of someone that is just learning how to grin.
    Evening

"Really, it's fine. You're very welcome. So, if I may ask, why is your hair purple? I haven't seen anyone here with that particular shade before, aside from me."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Orc in the Playground

Evening

Reggie scratches his hair. "Purple... my favorite... color. Love it. Is... attractive."

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Present]

Then he turns to KC, a grin on his face. "The spaghetti can come later." A wink follows.

At the question, he frowns slightly. "Well... being a bladepire, I'm not, oh my, no. However, I dislike silver. Can be rather peppery, oh yes!"
    So Ezra could load up a pepper grinder with silver, and use it to spice up his soup. Neat.

No, not the spaghetti. KC wishes she could cast Time Stop, walk into the kitchen, Disintegrate every last bit of spaghetti in the cafe, and return to the table in time for Ezra to be told 'we're all out of spaghetti'.

KC reminds herself to take DnD Wizard levels.

'Don't worry. If he ends up eating the 'silver'ware anyway, I'll compensate.' KC breaks into a small grin.

'Orange juice for me, please.'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-07-10 at 08:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Orc in the Playground

[Present]

"Water for me." Ezra says. He could always get oil at his own establishment.

Then he raises an eyebrow at KC, then grins as well, apparently thinking she'll pay for it, or add her own silverware. "How nice of you, love."

11. - Top - End - #491

[Present]

So Ezra could load up a pepper grinder with silver, and use it to spice up his soup. Neat.

No, not the spaghetti. KC wishes she could cast Time Stop, walk into the kitchen, Disintegrate every last bit of spaghetti in the cafe, and return to the table in time for Ezra to be told 'we're all out of spaghetti'.

KC reminds herself to take DnD Wizard levels.

'Don't worry. If he ends up eating the 'silver'ware anyway, I'll compensate.' KC breaks into a small grin.

'Orange juice for me, please.'
    Present

"Compensation would be very nice if he does, and I appreciate it, but also keep in mind that it's actually kind of hard to get them. So please do try to avoid it.

Orange juice and Eggs Benedict, all righty!"

[Present]

"Water for me." Ezra says. He could always get oil at his own establishment.

Then he raises an eyebrow at KC, then grins as well, apparently thinking she'll pay for it, or add her own silverware. "How nice of you, love."
    Present

"Water, bacon, scrambled eggs. All right! I'll be back with it for you two in a little bit." Naku informs the duo, finishing off her scribbling, and clicking the pencil closed. She then bows to the two, backs away, and then heads off to go get them their foodstuffs.

Evening

Reggie scratches his hair. "Purple... my favorite... color. Love it. Is... attractive."
    Evening

"I see. Well, that's quite the happenstance that you happen to have the same shade as do I."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Orc in the Playground

Evening

"You don't... like... it?" As he speaks, he turns his hair into a darker shade of purple. "How... about now?"

13. - Top - End - #493

Evening

"You don't... like... it?" As he speaks, he turns his hair into a darker shade of purple. "How... about now?"
    Evening

Too many more shades and it'll be black.
    "Well that's a neat trick."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground

Evening

Seeing that she might like it, he changes his hair into green, then blue, then pink, then back to purple. "Shapechanger... of parts and whole." He raises up a finger and briefly changes it into a katana with a purple blade, then back to normal.

15. - Top - End - #495

Evening

Seeing that she might like it, he changes his hair into green, then blue, then pink, then back to purple. "Shapechanger... of parts and whole." He raises up a finger and briefly changes it into a katana with a purple blade, then back to normal.
    Evening

"Thaaat's kind of creepy." Naku has to admit, when he does the finger katana thing.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Present]

‘Er, thanks,’ KC says to Ezra. Wouldn’t it be (either kind of) funny if the two people ended up going on a Quest to Obtain Replacement Silverware? Even if KC has seen weirder things.

Well, gotta trust Ezra not to take a bite out of the cafe’s knife. He’s not as immature as Axxie, if anything.

Some time after Naku leaves, KC asks, ‘So… I think you mentioned Malechenar Castle some time ago?’

((Mee, it might be best to decide if the silverware has any actual silver in it ))

17. - Top - End - #497
    Orc in the Playground

[Present]

"Oh my, yes!" Ezra beams and leans over. "Apparently, I just found out that the place isn't restricted to vampires. I look forward to showing you guys around! You'll also get to meet..." His face turns serious. "Her."

((Presumably, at this time Naku returns with the food... ))

He clears his throat. "Look, KC, I love you and Axxie, and I hope we spend a long time together, but... why are you against marriage and having kids? I won't force the issue, I just need to hear it from you."

[Evening]

Reggie frowns a bit. She thinks it's creepy. That rules out turning into her, then.

"Sorry..." He makes sure all his parts are back to normal, then clacks his teeth together a few times. "Okay... what about... you? Vampire... what kind?"

18. - Top - End - #498

((Mee, it might be best to decide if the silverware has any actual silver in it ))
    The silverware is, in fact, not silver.

[Present]

((Presumably, at this time Naku returns with the food... ))

He clears his throat. "Look, KC, I love you and Axxie, and I hope we spend a long time together, but... why are you against marriage and having kids? I won't force the issue, I just need to hear it from you."

[Evening]

Reggie frowns a bit. She thinks it's creepy. That rules out turning into her, then.

"Sorry..." He makes sure all his parts are back to normal, then clacks his teeth together a few times. "Okay... what about... you? Vampire... what kind?"
    Present

Naku places the food and drink on the table for them, before bowing, backing away, and taking off, unless she's still needed.

Evening

Mostly the turning your finger into a sword was super creepy.

"I don't know what you mean?" Naku says, blinking at him a few times. "Oh, you mean like the vampires running around that eat other things? Like like knives or something or drain cleaner?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499
    Orc in the Playground

Evening

Mostly.

Reggie blinks thrice.

"No... just... asking? In... general. Want to... be... friends with... you."

20. - Top - End - #500

Evening

Mostly.

Reggie blinks thrice.

"No... just... asking? In... general. Want to... be... friends with... you."
    Evening

"And that's why I'm asking," Naku replies, somewhat slowly. Mostly because she's tired. "If that's what you meant? Because otherwise I really don't understand what you mean by 'what kind of vampire are you'."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Orc in the Playground

Evening

"Didn't mean.... anything... just making... conversation."

Reggie shrugs and scratches behind his ears, turning purple like normal people go red when they blush, but his is purple."

22. - Top - End - #502

Evening

"Didn't mean.... anything... just making... conversation."

Reggie shrugs and scratches behind his ears, turning purple like normal people go red when they blush, but his is purple."
    Evening

"I realize that. And I'm not angry at you. I'm just asking you to clarify, because I didn't understand." Though, at this point, she is getting somewhat frustrated because he seems to be assuming that she's angry about it.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Orc in the Playground

[Evening]

Reggie nods and clears his throat multiple times. He's using it to mask his modification of his vocal cords. His accent becomes more... streamlined.

"Sorry about that. This talkin' speed easier? Sounds weird. Must take notes." He looks up at Naku. "Vampire types plenty. Some can survive in sunlight, some die as soon as sun touches their skin."

Then he begins to cough. "Sorry... wanted to... talk normally."

24. - Top - End - #504

[Evening]

Reggie nods and clears his throat multiple times. He's using it to mask his modification of his vocal cords. His accent becomes more... streamlined.

"Sorry about that. This talkin' speed easier? Sounds weird. Must take notes." He looks up at Naku. "Vampire types plenty. Some can survive in sunlight, some die as soon as sun touches their skin."

Then he begins to cough. "Sorry... wanted to... talk normally."
    Evening

"It's true. I can handle the sun pretty wel-" Then his voice went back to how it had been, and the coughing sounded bad. "Yeah. I can handle the sun fairly well. Now, if you don't mind, I don't terribly want to talk about me being a vampire." She says this pleasantly, though fairly firmly.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Orc in the Playground

[Evening]

"Yes... Voice calibration successful. Sounds better like this."

Reggie stares at Naku for a little too long, then nods. "Agreed. Wouldn't want to talk about my shapeshifting too much. Fun to do, but not fun to discuss. This speech pattern better, no?"

26. - Top - End - #506

[Evening]

"Yes... Voice calibration successful. Sounds better like this."

Reggie stares at Naku for a little too long, then nods. "Agreed. Wouldn't want to talk about my shapeshifting too much. Fun to do, but not fun to discuss. This speech pattern better, no?"
    Evening

"Much better. Thank you." Naku says, before staring right back at him unflinchingly. Her eyes, should he be focusing his attention there, are actually fairly hard. They're the eyes of someone who's seen too much, too young, but is still trying to make life work out somehow.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Present]

KC suddenly widens her eyes in horror, and the recently-served food shakes a bit as if she'd accidentally knocked into the table. 'Why would anyon- erm- sorry, sorry...'

She composes herself, takes a few breaths and clears her throat, looking like she would rather be anywhere but here. 'I don't know about you- we are from very different worlds- but... have you actually seen a family or married couple who isn't messed up in some way? Especially- ' KC nearly gags. 'kids. At best, they're mindless NPCs whose stories have ended...'

KC is cringing pretty hard at this point.

'Again, I don't know how you see it. I just hope you understand...'

28. - Top - End - #508
    Orc in the Playground

[Present]

Ezra's mouth widens in shock. "You..." Then he goes green as his mouth fills up with his lunch...

Have you ever seen a vampire vomit? Well KC gets to, for he briskly walks outside and hurls metallic paste all over the sidewalk.

On return, he wipes his mouth with tissues and shakes his head at KC in disgust. "I shudder to ask if Axxie feels the same way, so I won't ask. You do realize this is a dealbreaker?" His voice is unnaturally cool, which might unnerve KC. "If this is how you feel about things, then our relationship can never work out." He chuckles dryly. "The same relationship I brought you here to try and improve. I won't date someone who is so..." His voice was beginning to raise in volume, so he keeps quiet.

He pushes his plate away. "I've lost my appetite. Too disgusted." Because of you, he adds in his mind. How messed up do you have to be to see kids as... eugh!

[Evening]

Reggie stares back at her eyes. "Eyes jaded. For someone so young. Just like me, as a child." He shakes his head, trying to chase off the pesky invading memories of being bullied as a child for being different, and taking his revenge... all from a life he barely remembers.

"Desperately clinging on to life. Hiding it from others, but the eyes tell all, especially from someone who's used to the same."

Reggie sighs. It's a gesture he's not used to, but feels appriopriate for the moment. "You stay alone. Can tell. Need a friend too, but won't admit it."

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Present]

'Is so what?' KC asks, waiting for Ezra to explain himself further.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-07-12 at 07:43 AM.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Orc in the Playground

[Present]

Ezra rubs his temples. In his mind, it's over already. "Really? I'll tell you, then. How ****ed up..." He swore. He never swears. "How messed up do you have to be to have such a disgusting view of children? To see marriage as some sort of undesirable disgusting thing? And you expect me to understand? Seriously?" He shakes his head quickly. "No, you can't be that daft."

He leans back, cross. "What is this relationship to you? Seriously, do you expect that I'll stay with you, forever and ever, without any thought of bringing new life into this world? I would have understood if you had given any other reason... absolutely any other reason but that. Seriously, that answer has shown that we shouldn't be together. Total dealbreaker, oh my, yes."

The triple? More like the single, if this keeps up!
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-07-12 at 08:12 AM.