New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground [Discussion & Interest checking]

if they did, they probably have filed Planet Earth under: BY ALL THATS GOOD AND SACRED DON'T GO THERE UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO. Cause if they know that Goku saved the universe, they probably know about everything else he has done, and how Earth seems to attract a disturbingly large amount of absurdly powerful villains for no reason they can discern, their protocol for the planet being: "just stay the heck out of the way and let the terrifying martial arts gods handle whatever evil super-powerful idiot decides to set foot on there."

in short, a planet-sized lions den that you place warning signs around for reasonable people to see and avoid, and all the fools to go in and get killed for sticking their nose in. its why no aliens have to come uplift Earth to better technology: all the sensible people are utterly terrified of the Saiyan fighters on there, and thus avoid it.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    if they did, they probably have filed Planet Earth under: BY ALL THATS GOOD AND SACRED DON'T GO THERE UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO. Cause if they know that Goku saved the universe, they probably know about everything else he has done, and how Earth seems to attract a disturbingly large amount of absurdly powerful villains for no reason they can discern, their protocol for the planet being: "just stay the heck out of the way and let the terrifying martial arts gods handle whatever evil super-powerful idiot decides to set foot on there."
    Spoiler: Well, then, either they don't know or they didn't tell Jaco
    Show

And yeah, Frieza was really scrapping the bottom of the barrel with Canon fodder in that movie. They must have never recovered from the losses on Namek.

in short, a planet-sized lions den that you place warning signs around for reasonable people to see and avoid, and all the fools to go in and get killed for sticking their nose in. its why no aliens have to come uplift Earth to better technology: all the sensible people are utterly terrified of the Saiyan fighters on there, and thus avoid it.
    I was thinking "Well. We dodged a bullet on that one. Thank Space-God for Jaco's incompetence."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

My Idea of why Callins is the power level he is despite how he has trained is Regression. He is a scientist not a fighter. He believes himself not of that caliber even though he is. So he mental and thus physical keeps himself back, which is why he jumped in Power level when he got angry. He was not regressing then.

4. - Top - End - #334

(which all things considered should give you a much higher power level than what you actually have considering Goku couldn't withstand 100g at first, but whatever)
    I should've mentioned this sooner, but I had already considered this. My idea was that yes, Arcos produces many of the mightest warriors in the universe due to its insane gravity, with the weakest still being around 100,000. However it was quickly found that in the absense of Arco's ultra-harsh environments, Arcosians don't have significantly higher power-levels. While still notably above-average with an ease in controlling Ki second-to-none, the difference between 100 of Colonial Arcosians (or Colonials for short) and Homeworlders is significant.

The obvious conclusion being that Ieez and Artic are colonials.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-05-24 at 07:14 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

@ Cavalier: Ah, like Gohan

@ Ing:
    makes sense. Though if Arcosians really do have such insane gravity, then their planet must be really dense somehow. Even Jupiter is only 40g, whatever is making Arcos so gravitationally strong must have like, gravity equal to the sun or something? because Goku needed 100g to get near Freeza's level. maybe some weird superheavy unobtainium forms Arco's liquid-metal core instead of iron....

Edit: also, it may explain how the Arcosians keep themselves in control: perhaps only the elite are allowed to be born on the planet itself, the elite being those who support the current regime, reinforced by heavy propaganda on the homeworld, with lighter propaganda on the colonies, after all if they really do rebel, they only need to send like, what, one "elite" Arcosian to wipe out entire armies? by keeping their monopoly of the high gravity on the people who wish to conquer, they keep control of the empire....
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-05-24 at 07:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336

Word of Toriyama is that Frieza and his Father are both Mutants that are both significantly stronger but also much crueler than most other members of their race.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Word of Toriyama is that Frieza and his Father are both Mutants that are both significantly stronger but also much crueler than most other members of their race.
    ....aw and here I had a good way worked that the Arcosian Empire keeps their empire in control through access to their planet: Arcosian commoners who demonstrate their loyalty in an impressive manner would be allowed to serve on the homeworld, during which they would need to be trained for the higher gravity during this time they would also be basically brainwashed with the person too focused on the high gravity to try and argue or rationally take in the information they're giving them, and thus when its complete they are both really strong and loyal to the Arcosian Empire.

then, if anyone ever gets dissenting opinions instead of killing them, they would instead reassign the person to some backwater world with lower gravity, far from where they would have any effect on the Empire's running, and and if they ever sire children whom they teach this dissenting opinion, they would be weak. loyalists in, dissenters out.

8. - Top - End - #338

Recall that Frieza's first form (PL 530,000) was used to allow him to control his humongous power level. Therefore, I believe it accurate to characterize it as a "reduction form." His negative-first form if you will. Whether or not it's unique to him is open to interpretation, but it's fair to say that Frieza and Cold would still be significantly more powerful "than most members of their race" if we can assume that Homeworld Arcosians in their "Original Forms" have power-levels of 100,000 (it's strongly implied that Frieza's 4th form is his original form.)

Also, would anyone mind if I made character sheets for Hailing and my idea for his right-hand man?

9. - Top - End - #339

Implied nothing. 4 is explicitly his true form, and the other forms are power limiters.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #340

Implied nothing. 4 is explicitly his true form, and the other forms are power limiters.
    Well that's my point. Are the Homeworld Arcosians with power-levels of 100,000 in their true form, or a reduction form?

11. - Top - End - #341

I've been working on the assumption that most Arcosians are in a true form and that reduction forms are specifically a thing created by Cold and his family to suppress and control their power.

I've also been working on the assumption that reduction forms have not been invented yet.

Now, is Frieza's "Ultimate Evolution" just a transformation he created to make himself stronger, or is it some specific ability seperate from normal shape shifting?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

(which all things considered should give you a much higher power level than what you actually have considering Goku couldn't withstand 100g at first, but whatever)
    I approach the gravity question from a slightly different angle. Namely, strenght of Ki (and hence power level) and physical durability and strenght don't scale in direct proportion.

Consider the following: Callin weighs around 60 kilos. In 200 G, that becomes 12 000 kg. Impressive for a biological organism to move around... but not particularly impressive to feats like blowing up the Moon, or even erasing a whole city with a flick of your wrist.

The point is, via Ki, most DB characters can dish out far more damage than they could physically, and they can also block attacks (notably, other Ki attacks) that should eradicate them and everything around. I see the difficulties high gravity causes to otherwise powerful characters as being similar to Goku's lethal heart disease - a mundane and surprisingly weak obstacle which remains threatening because it can't be circumvented by Ki.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #343

So.

God just enslaved an entire village, essentially?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

So.

God just enslaved an entire village, essentially?
    huh. can we have Kami be the next big bad after the one I have in the works even now?

15. - Top - End - #345

huh. can we have Kami be the next big bad after the one I have in the works even now?
    Okay.

Here's the plan.

We beat the crap out of him, and then we trap his soul in a bottle until he swears subservience to any Kami who is at least 50% less evil than he is, and to that Kami's allies.

Then since he's dead we'd have to give him a new body, and since he was trapped in a bottle, they figured "hay, Genie"

And that's how Popo.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah but to do that, I think we would need to know the Mafuba or something similar to it.

.....which between 23 and Oxyribo that might actually be a possibility. I mean...Gero did monitor enough to know about Piccolo...huh, good to know that we might have that option in case we ever encounter something that needs it.

17. - Top - End - #347

Oxy does not know the Mafuba, nor is it in the list of techniques present in his genetic memory.

Basically, any active skill from one of the "Human" or Namekian Classes/Master Classes on this skill calculator is either something he knows or something that he an learn from genetic memory.

Except for the transformations which in the MMo Oxy's timeline is based on require a dragon ball wish to get, the dragon king skills which require the same, or Dragon God's X skills from the Poko Priest Namekian class, since Oxy lacks certain anatomical traits to use Pokopen.

And I seriously doubt Oxy is going to be able to use every skill on the lists, since some of them render others unnecessary and others require weapons to use and weapons capable of keeping up with somebody on that level require technology that hasn't been invented yet.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-05-25 at 04:12 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

its frozen doesn't want to become Popo I have an idea that I would like to do after Callins becomes kami

19. - Top - End - #349

That was said mostly as a joke.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Ooohhh

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Kami reincarnating as Popo, specifically the Abridged version of Popo, would make a hilarious amount of sense.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

22. - Top - End - #352

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Kami reincarnating as Popo, specifically the Abridged version of Popo, would make a hilarious amount of sense.
    If you're willing to go with it, then we can go with it.

Of course, that would actually give him a significant boost in power.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-05-26 at 12:27 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

hm, we seem mostly done with those fights and Oxy is starting to do random things in boredom, so I'm guessing its time we started moving on a little. everyone fine with that? Ing can finish up his fight whenever he wants while the rest get the rest of this going?

24. - Top - End - #354

It's not "random" so much as just not explaining what he's doing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #355

Why do I sense a "Life of Brian" moment coming on?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

does callins not see anything?

27. - Top - End - #357

Wait, I'm a bit confused.

Did Oxy's beam hit God-King head on, or did God-King's hit him head on?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, I'm a bit confused.

Did Oxy's beam hit God-King head on, or did God-King's hit him head on?
    the God-King was still firing his beam, he just looked up and the beam followed his gaze to hit Oxy.

29. - Top - End - #359

I got that, but that doen'st answer my question.

Who was hit dead on?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

I got that, but that doen'st answer my question.

Who was hit dead on?
    I was assuming that since he looked up in a reactive manner that Oxyribo got hit first since Solitus didn't need to prepare a second attack.