New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fallen London 3 - "The God-Eaters"

Yeah, I'm okay with any and all actions, and am currently interested in gaining Making Waves.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    At long last I have an Overgoat!

Now I have no goals. I've capped my stats, I've got the Nadir, I've got a Yacht, I've got 5 card lodgings (2 of them), I've got notability 10, I've got... well ok I need 1000 echoes so I can get certifiable scrap with my bazaar spire. And I still need to win the tournament of lilies (currently sitting at 3).
    Go for the Heptagoat.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Plerumque View Post
    Go for the Heptagoat.
    1) That costs Fate.

2) Grinding for ye olde Overgoat was painful enough.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Are we not all quiete masochistic down here..?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, as long as I wasn't the only one who tried to do basic calculations and it got...hinkey with the Casing. I'm betting it was too few or leftover CP as mentioned earlier compared to how the bar "looked" physically. Unlike stats, it doesn't specifically list the change amount as I found out. Until somebody proves otherwise, i'll keep on Thuggin' on.

And my thanks for all the prior advice on my item tier converting (and the big thank you for the first Notability point!) Because of that advice, I got my second point of Notability, then Slowcake popped up...twice (so he "tried" to help with MW to some degree that first time.) Thanks to all the MW conversion byproduct, I was after spending about 25-27 Echoes on average, able to use multiply drawn four-card lodging cards and gain my third Notability point in less than 6 hours after the second one, w00t! My Salon is ready to start gathering Schemes with me just having to top off Bohemian connected over in the Palace (we love and Praise you Dutchess!)

Of course, I'll wait for my TTH to reset/MW to halve at around 8 PM ET/5 PM PT first.

I'm still trying to get the cadence on how to gather the resources to keep buying the Salon Scheme CP, but it's a learning curve. I found getting the materials for crafting side street Legal Documents and Personal Favors much more difficult than (say) building up a bunch of Stolen Kisses as an Agent.

Oh, and I have one Free Evening before the reset. If anybody needs something, send it to my main account before 10 PM ET My mistake. It resets around 4:45 PM PDT or 7:45 PM EDT. I'll note this (as well as remember the update sometimes is screwy with exact reset times.)

Drat, I do have one nagging problem: Short of pining for the Music Singer to Visit or talking to a certain Face-Tailor on a Criminal card, is there any reliable non-Fate way outside of buying up Casing and selling it to my colleagues to get my criminals connection to 30? I'm about 25 now and it's dragging quite a bit advancing.

At long last I have an Overgoat!

Now I have no goals. I've capped my stats, I've got the Nadir, I've got a Yacht, I've got 5 card lodgings (2 of them), I've got notability 10, I've got... well ok I need 1000 echoes so I can get certifiable scrap with my bazaar spire. And I still need to win the tournament of lilies (currently sitting at 3).

Time to get all 5-card lodgings. heck, time to get all lodgings, period. That is your "first" long term goal. (You can get the Cider later :p)

Go for the Heptagoat.
    1) That costs Fate.

Yeah, let's start with the Ubergoat. Get another Overgoat, get 1 Fate, get some romantic "Aeolian Screams: Classic Abomination Romance Songs" and don't directly look at what those two are doing. We can wait for the 14) Overgoats to 7 Ubergoats to 1 Heptagoat costing 7 Fate, 1 Additional final Fate merger (making 8) and *cough cough cough* an Impossible Theorem *cough cough cough.*

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Start playing Sunless Sea?
    it's a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Im certainly interested as long as it dont require anything specific :)
    As am I.
    Last edited by the truthseeker; 2015-05-29 at 07:15 PM.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Spoiler: Fallen London Characters:
    Show
    An inquisitive, Watchful, compartmentalizing, orderly, person who seeks the truth POSI Midnighter the truthseeker
    The Persuasive, fairy-tale innocent-looking (anything but chaste,) seductress who is (to the point of hedonistically) very happy she arrived in the 'Neath; POSI Author: Snow Belie
    The newly-adult, scampy, artfully dodging, cockneyesque, Conjurer Orphan POSI: Nobby Longshanks
    The "Hit it!" POSI Murderer: Brutus Leadbetter
    Mad Scientist Hyubert Zlosky

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Are we not all quiete masochistic down here..?
    This is the game that had a storyline specifically for people who want to ensure that all the most horrible things possible happen to their character.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is the game that had a storyline specifically for people who want to ensure that all the most horrible things possible happen to their character.
    Or on the other end of the spectrum, the one where we see how high our level of Debauchery can get.

Spoiler: Nadir results
    Show
    Edit: Capital! My next Nadir trip in, and my second card drawn is An Unlikely Garden...with 19 Confident Smiles left. I plan to be zailing with some extra echoes or an additional Searing Enigma! Sometimes you just can't win that one.
    Edit2: Finally drew the Catafalquerie card with my Lacre at 8. Time for those tears....
    And I get "A Waking Dream of Reflections" next with enough Dream value...one Direful reflection please. Oh, just put it next to that crystal bottle of tears.....
    Last edited by the truthseeker; 2015-05-30 at 02:32 AM.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show
    An inquisitive, Watchful, compartmentalizing, orderly, person who seeks the truth POSI Midnighter the truthseeker
    The Persuasive, fairy-tale innocent-looking (anything but chaste,) seductress who is (to the point of hedonistically) very happy she arrived in the 'Neath; POSI Author: Snow Belie
    The newly-adult, scampy, artfully dodging, cockneyesque, Conjurer Orphan POSI: Nobby Longshanks

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

180k Echoes plus an impossible theorem plus a bit of fate, all to get the ultimate monstrosity...ALL HAIL THE HEPTAGOAT. Nitebrite is one crazy person to have gone through all that just to get that, but I'll be damned that will be an achievement that only a small small SMALL handful will ever accomplish, so kudos to them!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    180k Echoes plus an impossible theorem plus a bit of fate, all to get the ultimate monstrosity...ALL HAIL THE HEPTAGOAT. Nitebrite is one crazy person to have gone through all that just to get that, but I'll be damned that will be an achievement that only a small small SMALL handful will ever accomplish, so kudos to them!

And if we could all bow our heads for a moment of silence to mourn the loss of the Cider....
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Does anyone know the best way to get Book of Hidden Bodies? I may as well get my Landau.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Does anyone know the best way to get Book of Hidden Bodies? I may as well get my Landau.
    As far as I can see there's no shortcut. Grind Honey and keep upconverting.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the truthseeker View Post
    And if we could all bow our heads for a moment of silence to mourn the loss of the Cider....
    Indeed. That was truly quite a sacrifice just to get one pet that apparently LOSES all of it's previous stats since it becomes a child. Though if they eventually put in a way to raise it to adulthood I'm sure it'll regain it's lost stats, though it'll probably cost nearly as much to upgrade it as it did just to get it.

Quick question for everyone: Where is the best place to grind connected: Hell? I figure in 3 days I'll have all my souls and brandy, but I'm short about 20 levels of connected hell to be able to get my room at the Brass Embassy.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-05-30 at 03:14 AM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    As far as I can see there's no shortcut. Grind Honey and keep upconverting.

"A Fine Day in the Flit" Uncommon card has a rare Success on "Go Hunting for Caches." Don't bank of this as a way to regularly get them. Besides taking an alternate prize in the Tournament of Lilies, The only other way is to manufacture them.

Indeed. That was truly quite a sacrifice just to get one pet that apparently LOSES all of it's previous stats since it becomes a child. Though if they eventually put in a way to raise it to adulthood I'm sure it'll regain it's lost stats, though it'll probably cost nearly as much to upgrade it as it did just to get it.

Quick question for everyone: Where is the best place to grind connected: Hell? I figure in 3 days I'll have all my souls and brandy, but I'm short about 20 levels of connected hell to be able to get my room at the Brass Embassy.

Best if you use the carnival to first get to 10, then use a Bright brass Skull to go up to 20 I believe. Attend a lecture at the Brass Embassy from the devils contact card helps.
    Finally, playing the Devil's intimate cards successfully will always raise Hell connections, assuming you don't go too far and sell your soul. Then those cards stop.
    Last edited by the truthseeker; 2015-05-30 at 03:47 AM.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably grinding even more Casing... and selling information to the Brass Embassy (gives 30 cp each time).

I'm still trying to get the cadence on how to gather the resources to keep buying the Salon Scheme CP, but it's a learning curve. I found getting the materials for crafting side street Legal Documents and Personal Favors much more difficult than (say) building up a bunch of Stolen Kisses as an Agent.
    A nice perk of being a Midnighter - free Favours in High Places each week ;)

Drat, I do have one nagging problem: Short of pining for the Music Singer to Visit or talking to a certain Face-Tailor on a Criminal card, is there any reliable non-Fate way outside of buying up Casing and selling it to my colleagues to get my criminals connection to 30? I'm about 25 now and it's dragging quite a bit advancing.
    All reasonable sources are unreliable because they're cards ;) The possibilities include:
    The Life of Crime (The Gang of Hoodlums card) - gives you 10cp when you remind them who is their boss,
    Tower of Knives (Smoky Flophouse card) - (only if you can still frustrate Jack of Smiles) gives 10cp
    A merry sort of crime - Dirigible Theft gives 15cp
    The Tomb-colonist and the Footpad (drawn only in Spite if you have no connected pet) - accepting the job gives 15 cp.

Time to get all 5-card lodgings. heck, time to get all lodgings, period. That is your "first" long term goal. (You can get the Cider later :p)
    Keep in mind one of the lodgings is available only via Knife and Candle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

"

Best if you use the carnival to first get to 10, then use a Bright brass Skull to go up to 20 I believe. Attend a lecture at the Brass Embassy from the devils contact card helps.
    Finally, playing the Devil's intimate cards successfully will always raise Hell connections, assuming you don't go too far and sell your soul. Then those cards stop.
    Oh, I'm already at 30 connected ^^, you need 50 connected altogether to get the Brass Embassy room cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Probably grinding even more Casing... and selling information to the Brass Embassy (gives 30 cp each time).
    Ewww...well at least it should be fairly easy. Quick question, is selling the casing the same as using it on the thefts of a particular character, in as such that if I have more then required it won't just take it all and make me start over?

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Ewww...well at least it should be fairly easy. Quick question, is selling the casing the same as using it on the thefts of a particular character, in as such that if I have more then required it won't just take it all and make me start over?
    It is. Another option is siding with Hell whenever its conflict cards appear (one is for Urchins, the other for Church - both will trade some of that connection for a bigger boost to the Hell one).

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

To whomever is Gluestick, I apologize for not accepting your tournament of lilies, I was sent two requests and I accepted the first one first. I kept yours around in case you managed to fight someone else and win so we could have another match immediately afterwards ^^

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

A nice perk of being a Midnighter - free Favours in High Places each week ;)

All reasonable sources are unreliable because they're cards ;) The possibilities include:
    The Life of Crime (The Gang of Hoodlums card) - gives you 10cp when you remind them who is their boss,
    Tower of Knives (Smoky Flophouse card) - (only if you can still frustrate Jack of Smiles) gives 10cp
    A merry sort of crime - Dirigible Theft gives 15cp
    The Tomb-colonist and the Footpad (drawn only in Spite if you have no connected pet) - accepting the job gives 15 cp. (Pet)

Keep in mind one of the lodgings is available only via Knife and Candle.
    Alright Smarty-pants, how do I get the Notability 5 needed to become a Midnighter? Aha, you almost knee-jerk replied "Use the Salon" didn't you?

Yep, as feared, there are no other criminal options and the RNG used up most of its favors in the Nadir yesterday.

(And I gave a long-term lodgings goal for them not to be bored, not for it to be simple.)
    Last edited by the truthseeker; 2015-05-30 at 11:29 PM.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright Smarty-pants, how do I get the Notability 5 needed to become a Midnighter? Aha, you almost knee-jerk replied "Use the Salon" didn't you?
    Not really ;P Work on getting all the BDR you can - you said you have a total of 13, and it can go much higher than that. I have 13 from the expanded inventory alone (you could go up to 12 there - with a God's Editor membership (+4), a club (+4), Landau/Clay Sedan (+2) and a Yacht (+2); the final point comes from the Midnighter item), and another 8 from regular gear (Devilish Fedora, Lenguals, Kingscale Boots, a piece of BDR clothing (all of these give +1), Unfinished Hat, Iron Republic Journal (give +2). Or burn most of your weekly actions boosting MW in the Court/trading honey in Veilgarden ;)

Though in all fairness you could use the Salon - Stolen Kisses are grindable via the affair of the box (7 SK per loop, Salon uses 4 for the Wise and Wicked option) ;P
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-05-30 at 11:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

I used Hunter's Keep to heal Wounds/Nightmares while building up a stock of Extraordinary Implications and Compromising Documents which I then converted into their 12.5 echo forms (converting to favors gives 16.5 CP on average, converting to Uncanny Incunabulum gives 16 CP on average according to the wiki, which is odd since I remember that one being the better of the two, eh luck), then used those Favors for Rooftop Shack (not really as good as the salon, and the occasional Searing Enigma for Observatory. Oh and the party invitations, go through a few loops of those and then burst through. Now once you have the salon you can build up a good bit of burst to go straight from 0 to 8 in a week, but getting +1 notability a week isn't hard without it.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground

7 Notability! Not that I have anything to do with it now I'm a Monster Hunter, but nonetheless.
    Last edited by Dhavaer; 2015-05-31 at 01:44 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not really ;P Work on getting all the BDR you can - you said you have a total of 13, and it can go much higher than that. I have 13 from the expanded inventory alone (you could go up to 12 there - with a God's Editor membership (+4), a club (+4), Landau/Clay Sedan (+2) and a Yacht (+2); the final point comes from the Midnighter item), and another 8 from regular gear (Devilish Fedora, Lenguals, Kingscale Boots, a piece of BDR clothing (all of these give +1), Unfinished Hat, Iron Republic Journal (give +2). Or burn most of your weekly actions boosting MW in the Court/trading honey in Veilgarden ;)

Though in all fairness you could use the Salon - Stolen Kisses are grindable via the affair of the box (7 SK per loop, Salon uses 4 for the Wise and Wicked option) ;P
    I needed the Box candles reward for the money until recently. Now I got enough to just afford the gateway intro stuff to afford grinding for the big stuff, I can switch to kisses. If I could guarantee drawing the tomb colonists more often, money wouldn't be such an issue.

The catch is after all the spending I had to do, I only have 400 echoes on me. While I am quite familiar with the top-tier (clothing) items and their BDR, each costs on average 400-440 echoes each. It will take time before I can get enough to get multiple items. I'm having enough problems getting the items and associated funds for a Landau or a Basalt gym let alone 2000+ echoes immediately. It's a pain trying to save up enough scrap (the 3000+ ones) to get big ticket items, so that's not an immediate option either. (At least now I have 2/3 four card residences they show up more often.)

I used Hunter's Keep to heal Wounds/Nightmares while building up a stock of Extraordinary Implications and Compromising Documents which I then converted into their 12.5 echo forms (converting to favors gives 16.5 CP on average, converting to Uncanny Incunabulum gives 16 CP on average according to the wiki, which is odd since I remember that one being the better of the two, eh luck), then used those Favors for Rooftop Shack (not really as good as the salon, and the occasional Searing Enigma for Observatory. Oh and the party invitations, go through a few loops of those and then burst through. Now once you have the salon you can build up a good bit of burst to go straight from 0 to 8 in a week, but getting +1 notability a week isn't hard without it.
    A reason I needed a boat ride in the first place to afford the components/cash-in.

Yeah I'm off to sail--visiting the Keep and Iron Republic in a day or two. Since I want the Yacht, I'll need a notable amount of items/cash if I want to gamble until winning it. (Between that and the average 400 Echoes per top tier clothing I have to buy when I only have around 400 echoes on me ATM.)
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

A reason I needed a boat ride in the first place to afford the components/cash-in.

Yeah I'm off to sail--visiting the Keep and Iron Republic in a day or two. Since I want the Yacht, I'll need a notable amount of items/cash if I want to gamble until winning it. (Between that and the average 400 Echoes per top tier clothing I have to buy when I only have around 400 echoes on me ATM.)
    I used my POSI rainbow of offerings to get a Tramp Steamer and then eventually updated to a Zee Clipper and then finally got a Yacht before beginning the Overgoat grind. I will note that the Clay Sedan is relatively easy to get compared to the Landau (and the Gym I'd say isn't worth it until you've got your BDR in mostly working order, the Library might be... unless you're aiming for Midnighter). That does remind me, I need to get a Landau.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

If I could guarantee drawing the tomb colonists more often, money wouldn't be such an issue.
    It is the rule of every RNG system ever - the more you need something, the less likely is that you'll get it.

The catch is after all the spending I had to do, I only have 400 echoes on me. While I am quite familiar with the top-tier (clothing) items and their BDR, each costs on average 400-440 echoes each. It will take time before I can get enough to get multiple items.
    You will need exactly 1250 echoes (1365.2 considering the cost of an Unfinished Hat). Which, I agree, isn't exactly a short and pleasant grind.

and the Gym I'd say isn't worth it until you've got your BDR in mostly working order, the Library might be... unless you're aiming for Midnighter
    Stat-wise, neither is really worth it (1 point of either stat is generally less than a 1% bonus for a fresh PoSI, and it only gets worse). Card-wise, they're rather similiar (Gymnasium either gives you 10cp Dangerous (which at that point is 1/7 of a level) and 1cp Wounds or 150 Rostygold. Library will get you 1.5 echoes in goods or a chance to lower your nightmares (though there is an equal chance for an increase and gaining a point of Unaccountably Peckish).
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-05-31 at 04:18 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

In the questline for your long lost daughter, is it worth actually trusting her?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

26. - Top - End - #416
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Fate-Locked: Long Lost Daughter
    Show
    I did, it ended up working out. The storyline was probably intended for much lower-level people than myself (I was near stat-capped when I bought the story). It didn't give much of a useful reward in the end (comparable to my level at least). I don't know what happens if you don't trust her though.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

You will need exactly 1250 echoes (1365.2 considering the cost of an Unfinished Hat). Which, I agree, isn't exactly a short and pleasant grind.

Stat-wise, neither is really worth it (1 point of either stat is generally less than a 1% bonus for a fresh PoSI, and it only gets worse). Card-wise, they're rather similar (Gymnasium either gives you 10cp Dangerous (which at that point is 1/7 of a level) and 1cp Wounds or 150 Rostygold. Library will get you 1.5 echoes in goods or a chance to lower your nightmares (though there is an equal chance for an increase and gaining a point of Unaccountably Peckish).
    So, since I haven't zailed before, you want me to magically get Underzee 15 ranks then grind Polythreme for that entire storyline right now? I'm further back in my overall progression since as I mentioned earlier I haven't zailed before. After all I just got a tramp steamer.

(And reply is for everybody at this point, just wanted to answer that suggestion reminding where I was...actually, better I detail that below: )

I'm stat wise at base 114 watchful at highest (also 114 for Persuasive,) 105 for Shadowy, 101 for Dangerous, before (for my main stat Watchful) a maximum bump of +33 (atso my current Persuasive modifier,) a Shadowy maximum of +46, maximum of +27 Dangerous (and this is assuming I can have other stat penalties when equipping items that it's not dual-stat checks.) At best I'm at that 140's "awkward" total stat range where it gets difficult to further progress. All I have in Lodging's based items are: The Salon, God's Editors, Gang of Hoodlums, Clay Sedan Chair, Velocipede (no stats,) Basalt Gym (just acquired,) Rusty Tramp Steamer (no Stats,) and the Young Stag's Club.

So now I'm also in that awkward point where I have to decide if I need to sell the one-time prince of Hell location or save it for an Overgoat grind or another future scenario as Fyr illustrated
    (I'm not insane enough to try and keep it using it with 9 Notability for the 5-card Embassy accommodation as I have my Bazaar one, and I'd rather spend fate getting 100 masquing and update my Firebrand if I ever need an unlock "excuse" to spend Fate for a companion or companion upgrade. If and when I go completionist for all 5-card lodgings, I'll likely sell my soul around Sackmastime to get it easier, then "fish" it back with my Urchins, saving money for the Goat or Cider grind at that point.)

Long story short my Dangerous stat is notably below the rest and (even though I'm going for Midnighter) I did buy the Gym (and down to about 260 Echoes ATM because i need every bit of Dangerous I can get while not exclusively grinding all my turns in Dangerous.)

What I didn't realize is the dual Stat needed for the Jack-of Smiles case *sigh* that will take a bit longer to catch up to.
    but (using things such as a calculator crunching basic appearance rates) the Gym's occasional card will help with the 10 Dangerous CP. I'm not expecting it regularly on its drop rate (saying that is how I curse the RNG against it of course,) but its appearance will help as a secondary support as all the other Lodgings-based cards have so far. If for some reason I'm OK on dangerous stats, the secondary Echos per Action of 1.5 in Rostygold is an acceptable alternate.

But my last acquisition means I am now at 260 Echoes as an Agent with 2 Notability. While the RNG was nice enough to allow my recent Salon to be drawn once (for 4 Scheme) it's not playing nice anymore and I can't even get to 6 Scheme (I still have the components to do so of course.) if I stick around and delay my boat trip up to my TTH this next Friday, I might be lucky enough to get Notability 3.

if there was a simple way to list all my spoilered equipment I would, (but even the recently-permitted valet apps that Failbetter permitted use of can't export the array list.) Long story short, I get about 5-7 on my clothing end for each slot (can be less or up to 9, but that's the average range when done.)
    I might have missed it (why I was asking before) but I see days to weeks of grinding at best here (and not until I do things like to to Mutton Island meaning I have to have things like turning in MW for 1 Notability finished and MW acceptable for when it drops for TTH when away,) or take an even longer stay on shore until I can get Midniter (not only do I not have the +8 Shadowy weapon item yet as a substitute when I leave my Agent +9/+9, chess-piece as per the echo discussion before, I suck at drawing that unsigned message more than the very uncommon rate allows, and am not spending 8 Fate at this time.)

So that's the quagmire I'm in. if my access wasn't busted for months back then I might be in a position now to have progressed past one or several of these milestones. But as it is i'm on par with a "Rookie POSI" and maybe slightly better stats.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ok so I finally got to the point in my ambition where I have to go to sea and I want to get a zubmarine. To do that I'm going to need 6000 moon pearls and the whirling contraptions. Are there any recommendations from the wise and honorable lords of this thread to achieve this goal?

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I never managed to take my casing to 50(because I'm incredibly impatient), but I did take it to 37 twice, and that was enough to get all the brilliant souls and Muscaria brandy that I needed, and I had 0 of the brandy, and maybe 18 of the Brilliant Souls.

Now I just need to get my connected: hell to 50, and then to redraw the card for the Brass Embassy lodgings >< I did have it, but I got that invitation to a party or whatever that clears your hand and did it without thinking.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arjhan View Post
    Ok so I finally got to the point in my ambition where I have to go to sea and I want to get a zubmarine. To do that I'm going to need 6000 moon pearls and the whirling contraptions. Are there any recommendations from the wise and honorable lords of this thread to achieve this goal?
    Moon pearls are best found at Mahogany Hall. Master Classes in Etiquette with the devil might be best. Whirling Contraptions got through the Missing Woman carousel at Wilmot's End.

Spoiler
    Show