New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A by RAW for Pathfinder 4

Q409 if I have a dex of 12 and a Fortuitous Weapon (which by its description grants the wielder more attacks of opportunity), and an enemy provokes from me, do I get one AoO or two?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

2. - Top - End - #752
    Spamalot in the Playground

A409: You'd get two, provided your first one hit. (It gives you a second one if the first one hits, and doesn't care about your dex.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A409: You'd get two, provided your first one hit. (It gives you a second one if the first one hits, and doesn't care about your dex.)
    Great, thanks.

Q410 How can I stow an item (not a weapon) as a swift or free action? Other than by dropping it on the ground, that is. Perhaps there's some feat or item that lets me do this?

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain

4. - Top - End - #754
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Q404 more specifically

Do creatures using the Infest ability enter the space of the creature they are Infest-ing? Or is it more of a grapple?

Different creatures seem to have different text on the Infest ability and it has me a bit befuddled.
    The Granule Construct Swarm and the Grey Goo both have an ability named Infest.
    I'd assumed the Infest ability was a PF specific generic monster ability but now I wonder if it only appears on these two creatures.

The Granule Construct Swarm's Infest ability would seem to imply that the creature takes up residence inside the victim.
    The Grey Goo's Infest ability implies this much less but could be read that way.
    I wonder if I am reading too much into the text though.

Do these creature's Infest abilities cause them to enter and occupy the same space as the victims of their Infest abilities?
    Or does the Infest ability just infect the victim with a part of the swarm?

5. - Top - End - #755

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Great, thanks.

Q410 How can I stow an item (not a weapon) as a swift or free action? Other than by dropping it on the ground, that is. Perhaps there's some feat or item that lets me do this?
    Stamina + Quick Draw lets you stow a weapon that fast. Not sure if there's a way to do that for items in general.

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    The Granule Construct Swarm and the Grey Goo both have an ability named Infest.
    I'd assumed the Infest ability was a PF specific generic monster ability but now I wonder if it only appears on these two creatures.

The Granule Construct Swarm's Infest ability would seem to imply that the creature takes up residence inside the victim.
    The Grey Goo's Infest ability implies this much less but could be read that way.
    I wonder if I am reading too much into the text though.

Do these creature's Infest abilities cause them to enter and occupy the same space as the victims of their Infest abilities?
    Or does the Infest ability just infect the victim with a part of the swarm?
    Grey Goo looks like it just sits on top of the victim like a swarm does.
    Can't find Granule Construct.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-12-15 at 12:48 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #756

Grey Goo looks like it just sits on top of the victim like a swarm does.
    Can't find Granule Construct.
    I believe it is in Seven Swords of Sin pg. 30. It is also likely on Archives of Nethys.

7. - Top - End - #757

That one definitely seems like it goes inside you since it gives you a template.

In a nutshell, "Infest" isn't one of those standard Bestiary attacks like "Engulf" or "Rock Catching" - you just have to do your best with how the individual creature describes it, even if other individual creatures have an ability with the same name.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #758

That one definitely seems like it goes inside you since it gives you a template.

In a nutshell, "Infest" isn't one of those standard Bestiary attacks like "Engulf" or "Rock Catching" - you just have to do your best with how the individual creature describes it, even if other individual creatures have an ability with the same name.
    Thank you for the help. I expected as much when I went looking and just found those two creatures and a hazard with the ability.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    A409: Oracles already use Charisma as their casting stat. Are you sure you don't mean "wisdom instead of charisma" instead?

P.S.: @Shadowscale, your PM storage is full, could you please delete some messages to make space?
    Freed up some space, certain spell affects still key off of the wisdom modifier I mean.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Q411
    What happens if a character not proficient with medium armor gains proficiency with ONLY heavy armor-Does he automatically become proficient with medium armor as well?
    EDIT: Example-A class with only light/no armor proficiencies takes a single level dip into Furious Guardian: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/pres...rious-guardian
    which doesn't require armor proficiency to start gaining levels in, and takes the Clothed in Civilization (Ex) Guard dedication?
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2015-12-18 at 07:15 AM.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

A 411 They gain proficiency in heavy armor, not in medium armor. You gain exactly the proficiencies the ability says.
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2015-12-18 at 09:21 AM.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

12. - Top - End - #762
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Q 412

Catfolk Claw Blades and Polymorph to animal, dragon, elemental, magical beast, plant, or vermin type.

What happens to my +1 Claw Blades if I polymorph into a Dragon for example? Do they meld into my body? If so are they still active? Can I use my Dragon claws as weapons for iterative attacks?

If not, can I drop my Claw Blades, polymorph and put the claw blades back on then make iterative attacks?

Do I lose my ability to use them since I am no longer a Catfolk?

13. - Top - End - #763

NecromancerGuy

Q 413
    Is there a way, outside homebrew, to get a Bloodrager to cast off INT?
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764

A412a: They meld if you're wearing them, making them inoperable.
    A412b: If you drop them, morph and then pick them up, they no longer work. This is because you lose all natural weapons of your original form, which includes Catfolk Claws; claws from other creatures do not work with Claw Blades.
    A413: Until there is a "Wildblooded Rager" archetype, homebrew/fiat is the only way that I can think of.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q414:
    When i grapple someone and enemy try to break grapple with cmb, this counts as grapple maneuver?

Did improved grapple feat increase cmd from broke grapple action?

16. - Top - End - #766
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q415:
    When I decrease ebemy Con, enemy lost only his max. HP, or also his current?

17. - Top - End - #767

A414: Yes.
    A415: Both.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q416:

Trait Devoted Healer allow me to heal additional 1d4 healt when I take 20 on Tread deadly wounds, so I must spend 20 hours to use this bonus? Am I understand it right?

19. - Top - End - #769

A416: Yes, taking 20 takes 20 times as long so this use will require 20 hours.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #770

Imp

Q417:

If you gain two feats upon leveling can you stack the order to use one feat to qualify for the other, or do they need to be selected simultaneously? E.g. Could a 1st level fighter use one feat to get Weapon Focus and the other to get Dazzling Display?

21. - Top - End - #771

A417: Yes, you can pick a feat on the same level that you gain its prerequisite (CRB 112.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #772
    Banned

Q418 Hello. I want to know, can GM give some bonuses on skill checks depending on players role playing or in game situation ? Of course GM can do whatever he wants, but there is some rules or complement about it, and how big this bonuses may be ?

23. - Top - End - #773

Quote Originally Posted by boriss283 View Post
    Q418 Hello. I want to know, can GM give some bonuses on skill checks depending on players role playing or in game situation ? Of course GM can do whatever he wants, but there is some rules or complement about it, and how big this bonuses may be ?
    A418: Yes - the general rule is a +2 bonus or penalty that you can assign at your leisure, though obviously you can make this higher or lower depending on the situation. CRB 403:

One handy rule to keep under your belt is the Fiat Rule—simply grant a player a +2 or a –2 bonus or penalty
    to a die roll if no one at the table is precisely sure how a situation might be handled by the rules. For example, a character who attempts to trip an iron golem in a room where the floor is magnetized could gain a +2 bonus on his attempt at your discretion, since the magnetic pull exerted by the floor helps pull the golem down.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #774
    Banned

Q419

A418: Yes - the general rule is a +2 bonus or penalty that you can assign at your leisure, though obviously you can make this higher or lower depending on the situation. CRB 403:
    With this all clear.
    But, for example, Character want to make stealth check at night. And role playing he took only black clothes and and special soft boots to walk quietly. So, GM may add bonus to stealth using rule higher and it will be +2, or there is other rules about it ?

25. - Top - End - #775

A419: I would say some of the things you are listing fall under different rules. For example, nighttime already provides the concealment he needs to stealth in the first place, so I wouldn't give an additional bonus for that. "Black clothes and special soft shoes" sounds like a masterwork tool, which would give a +2 circumstance bonus to Stealth checks when worn.

An example of the Fiat Rule would be something that isn't directly covered by another rule - say, if the town the player is stealthing through is next to the ocean, so the loud sounds of the waves and seagulls drown out the player's footsteps even more, granting a bonus to his stealth check. Or maybe there was a festival earlier that day, so the guards who would normally be patrolling the streets alertly are now drunk or tired (penalty to Perception.) There's all kinds of ways you can use it.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #776
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q420: the d20pfsrd entry for the Spiritualist's Phantom class feature says:

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom
    ...A phantom refuses to manifest (either fully or as part of a bonded manifestation; see Bonded Manifestation) in the presence of an eidolon or shadow summoned by the phantom's master. Furthermore, if a phantom is manifested when such a creature is summoned, it immediately retreats into its spiritualist's consciousness, and will not manifest again until the eidolon or shadow is dismissed.
    What kind of shadow does this refer to? The page links both references to the incorporeal undead shadow, but from context I'm guessing it's a class feature minion and not just a generic undead flunky.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Q421 Does darkvision allow you to see through smoke effects?
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-12-23 at 11:11 PM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #778

MindFlayer

A420 It's referring to the Shadowdancer prestige class shadow buddy.

A421 No, but it would let you see that you're surrounded by smoke, rather than just absolute darkness.
    Last edited by Slithery D; 2015-12-23 at 11:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

Q422 The item Mistmail doesn't have a duration listed. Does it work indefinitely, or is there some other rule that limits it?

Q423 Can a Robe of Needles be used for iterative attacks and/or rapid shot?
    Last edited by Kurald Galain; 2015-12-24 at 05:44 AM.

30. - Top - End - #780

A422: It appears to be indefinite (or one of the ceasing conditions occurs.)

A423: Yes, you get iteratives, because you fire them as attacks and the needles are treated as thrown weapons. You only get six attacks per day though no matter how many of those you burn through in a round.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy