New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22742434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1608
  1. - Top - End - #1531
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A by RAW for Pathfinder 4

A396 correction: Animated Objects are creatures. The necromancy part is very true however.

A397: I've reported your post to get a mod's attention
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #1532
    Orc in the Playground

Q398: How can one (by RAW) draw a concealed weapon as a free action?

Q399: Does the second half (While the mouser is within her foe's space...) of the Underfoot Assault deed (granted by the Mouser archetype for the Swashbuckler) apply any time the Mouser is inside a larger creature's space, or only when they got there by means of the Underfoot Assault deed?
    Last edited by Rusvul; 2016-10-08 at 02:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1533
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Q400: How does one determine the dimensions of a spell that has a Cone style of area? Where is the rules text for this?

All I've found so far is two templates for 15' and 30' cones, but no rules text explaining them in general, such as how wide they're supposed to be at their widest part(and, indeed, the template diagram for 30' cones confuses me by having a "tip" extend out past the widest part of the cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #1534
    Ettin in the Playground

A 399 It's always in effect.

A 400 Check out the Area rules for Spells in Chapter 9, page 214, of the Core Rule Book, they specify in the general rules how those areas are mapped out. For cones, they form a 90o arc from the selected grid intersection and then you figure the area like how movement is calculated: 5' squares at a time, the second diagonal counts as 10'.
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2016-10-10 at 05:55 PM.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

5. - Top - End - #1535
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Q401.

How many Greatworks can a Machinesmith make/have at a time?

6. - Top - End - #1536
    Titan in the Playground

Q404 - Is there any explicit rule that all metamagic feats have a corresponding rod? It is easy to infer this for those rods that aren't in the books, but for the purpose of PFS, is this rule written down somewhere?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

7. - Top - End - #1537
    Ettin in the Playground

A 401 Do you have some source to reference, as I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Q402 - Is there any explicit rule that all metamagic feats have a corresponding rod? It is easy to infer this for those rods that aren't in the books, but for the purpose of PFS, is this rule written down somewhere?
    A 402 There isn't an explicit rule for corresponding metamagic feats having a rod but there is a rule in Society for no custom items, which making a metamagic rod for a feat that doesn't have one would fall under. What Metamagic are you looking for, out of curiosity?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

8. - Top - End - #1538

A402: Not that I know of; rather, when a new metamagic feat is introduced there is generally a rod for it introduced in that same book. Any exceptions to that practice would just not have a printed rod and would require a custom item.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-10-14 at 02:55 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #1539
    Titan in the Playground

Q 403 Is there some way to add Shocking Grasp to a warpriest's list?

Q 404 Question not found.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

10. - Top - End - #1540
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Q 404 Question not found.
    A404 Answer not found.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

11. - Top - End - #1541

A403: If you can find some way to get a domain onto your Warpriest (other than the Exalted PrC, I'm coming up empty), your best bet would have been the Lightning subdomain (parent domain Air.) Your alternate options are Dreamed Secrets and Mystic Past Life, both of which have restrictions (deity and race respectively.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #1542
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A403: If you can find some way to get a domain onto your Warpriest (other than the Exalted PrC, I'm coming up empty), your best bet would have been the Lightning subdomain (parent domain Air.) Your alternate options are Dreamed Secrets and Mystic Past Life, both of which have restrictions (deity and race respectively.)
    Samsaran Mystic Past Life also has the restriction that you can only transfer spells from a divine list to a divine list, so no go on Shocking Grasp, which only appears on Arcane and Psychic (Occultist) lists.
    The spells must be the same type (arcane or divine) as the spellcasting class you're adding them to. For example, you could add divine power to your druid class spell list, but not to your wizard class spell list because divine power is a divine spell.
    I don't see how a spell being on a particular domain makes it qualify as a divine spell for this purpose.

13. - Top - End - #1543

Quote Originally Posted by Slithery D View Post
    Samsaran Mystic Past Life also has the restriction that you can only transfer spells from a divine list to a divine list, so no go on Shocking Grasp, which only appears on Arcane and Psychic (Occultist) lists. I don't see how a spell being on a particular domain makes it qualify as a divine spell for this purpose.
    Domain spells are divine; if they weren't, they'd suffer from arcane spell failure, a cleric could self-qualify for mystic theurge etc. So I would rule that yes, a Samsaran divine caster could learn Shocking Grasp from the Lightning domain.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #1544

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Domain spells are divine; if they weren't, they'd suffer from arcane spell failure, a cleric could self-qualify for mystic theurge etc. So I would rule that yes, a Samsaran divine caster could learn Shocking Grasp from the Lightning domain.
    There's a difference between saying a spell counts as divine if you have the relevant domain, and saying that every spell that ever shows up on any domain, whether you personally have access to that domain or not, counts as a divine spell for all divine casters.

15. - Top - End - #1545

Quote Originally Posted by Slithery D View Post
    There's a difference between saying a spell counts as divine if you have the relevant domain, and saying that every spell that ever shows up on any domain, whether you personally have access to that domain or not, counts as a divine spell for all divine casters.
    I think showing up on a domain makes it eligible for a feature (like Mystic Past Life or an Archivist's prayerbook) that cares about divine spells on other lists. So we will simply have to agree to disagree, or at the very least make a separate thread to discuss further.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #1546
    Firbolg in the Playground

Q405: This is a question for both 3.X and Pathfinder, so I'll be posting in both threads.

The largest enhancement bonus I've been able to find for Int that isn't an ungodly expensive epic +8 item is the extract gift spell from the Book of Vile Darkness, which grants a +7 (or Vow of Poverty, which we don't talk about).

Are there any other sources for enhancement bonuses for Int that go above +7 pre-epic? There are huge bonuses for other ability scores that go way higher, but I want something comparable for Int, if possible.
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2016-10-18 at 04:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1547
    Ogre in the Playground

A405:
    Just barely not epic, but the Wizard Idealize discovery, at level 20, lets you get a +8 enhancement bonus to Intelligence w/Fox's Cunning.

18. - Top - End - #1548
    Orc in the Playground

Q406

I think I recall weapons in Pathfinder that could grapple at a distance. However everything I found so far only grapples on a critical, which is kind of garbage. Is there anything better?

19. - Top - End - #1549

MindFlayer

A405: Burst of Insight gives a +8 enhancement bonus to Intelligence for a single d20 roll. Not what you're looking for, obviously.
    Last edited by Slithery D; 2016-10-18 at 08:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1550
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Q407: Where are the rules for increasing the weight of objects or weapons for creatures larger than Medium? Does a weapon or other object designed for use by a Large creature just weigh double what a Medium creature's equivalent would be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #1551

A406: Hamatula Strike + reach weapon is an easy trick.

A407: There aren't; if the ranges in the size category/weight table don't do it for you, try backing into is using the guidelines given in size-changing spells like Shrink Item or Enlarge Person.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #1552
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 408: What is the order of operations regarding vulnerability, resistance and a successful saving throw? An Example, an Icetroll with three levels in cleric casts Resist Energy [fire] on themselves. A 10th level wizard casts fireball and the troll makes his saving throw for half damage. Does the troll take 50% extra damage, then half that number, then minus 10 from the energy resistance?
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

23. - Top - End - #1553
    Ogre in the Playground

A 408: Reflex save makes the attack deal half damage, Vulnerability amplifies damage taken, and resistance mitigates it.
    It should go Succesful Reflex save halves the number>Resistance mitigates the damage taken>the damage taken is then amplified by the vulnerability.
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2016-10-19 at 04:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1554

Q409 : Are there any examples of compressed gas in PF? Alchemical or Technological solutions preferred. Though a spell that'll compress a given gas could work.

Am trying to find a way to more easily deploy Sky Mines and/or use the gas they're filled with.

25. - Top - End - #1555
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 410 If a Mythic Wizard with Werewolf Shape uses Mythic Beast Shape IV, are the ability bonuses and penalties changed from the Werewolf template according to Mythic Beast Shape?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

26. - Top - End - #1556

A410: As written, the Werewolf Shape discovery overwrites all benefits of the spell, even the mythic ones. So if you want the likely more powerful mythic benefits, you should choose not to use your Werewolf Shape discovery at all.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #1557

Q411 If one were to use Ion Tape or Sovereign Glue to adhere a flask of acid or similar thrown splash weapon to a tanglefoot bag would the resultant object sill function as ammunition for a Flask Launcher or Bombchucker?

28. - Top - End - #1558

There are no printed rules for what happens if you glue splash weapons or ammunition together, so you'll have to just come up with something.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #1559
    Pixie in the Playground

Q 412 How does discern lies work. If I have Discern lies active, someone can make a will save to negate it (spell level + ability level + 10?) (So probably dc not much higher than 17 or 18).

If they negate the discern lies do I automatically believe whatever they say? Is it discern lies OR sense motive? Seems strong against characters with low will saves, but very weak against characters with moderate will saves?

Thanks
    Pew pew pew

30. - Top - End - #1560

MindFlayer

A412: The spell "pings" when you detect a lie, it doesn't make you believe something is true or give any response. So you should still get a Sense Motive check if they did make the save. A GM might reasonably impose a circumstance penalty, though, if you have reason to think they failed the save.

Note the spell says you "know if the target deliberately and knowingly speaks a lie by discerning disturbances in its aura caused by lying." A GM might also decide that means you're continuously seeing some sort of aura while this spell is active. That means if they make the save you wouldn't see the aura and know it didn't work. But it's ambiguous GM territory.