New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper

D'oh. Well, working on Barret, Lenna, and Terra right now, thinking about trying Midgar Highway Elite to do the Bonus Quest for Se-failure-oth.

Danzibr, Barret has the advantage of Guns, so he can sit in the back, whereas Nanaki needs to get up close and personal.
    Last edited by Jurai; 2015-10-22 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Ugh. Not sure I can keep playing this game. Barret has less hp than Red XIII. That's right, Barret has *less* hp than Red XIII. Less hp.
    That's true. At level 50, Barret has 3172, versus Red XIII's 3679.

Know what else Barret has? Gear options, including ranged weapons and light armor, and an MC. And at 65, his HP is 4085, and his Defense moves from "lower than Mog" to "higher than Auron." (Admittedly, doesn't say much, because Auron is still lower than Mog, but shut up okay I'm making a point).

Point is, right now, he can break the 50 limit, and he can attack from the back row, so he's a better choice, come on you guys.

Well, I considered taking a bunch of VII people to the VII event, and I can say... I don't like Red XIII at all. I mean, he seems absolutely dreadful.
    He is. Red XIII's failure is outmatched only by that of Kimahri and the Core cast. I mean, even Edward is more useful. Edward.

Out of the current VII people what would be the ideal team? I'm probably going to try to take Cloud for beats, Vaan for support, Tellah for WM and Rydia for BM, then I have one spot open.
    Zack beats Tifa, because swords are more plentiful and Swordblade + Combat + Support + Celerity > Combat + Monk + Celerity. Cloud is still a solid choice, because Cloud. Take whatever healer does the job - Aerith is optimal, but not mandatory - and a capable support and BM. You sound like you've got the team together. For your open spot, I'd still suggest Zack if you have him, because Tempo Flurry and Dismissal are just so good oh wow you guys seriously.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Firbolg in the Playground

Aww crap, I never got dismissal.

Whelp, thanks as always Red! I'm feeling better about getting the MC2... it probably helps that I won't even attempt it until Orbfest is over, so I'm going to make huge gains in strength.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Aww crap, I never got dismissal.
    See if you can craft it. It really is amazing. The hardest part is the GPOs; you should be somewhat awash in GLOs and GWOs. For an ability with a 2.05x modifier and a 25% chance to "Nope" an enemy right in the face, it's disturbingly awesome.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

So. I just got a five star thrown item. This changes things. The question is, how should this change things? It's for Locke (who I don't appear to have, and who is quite disappointing stat wise), but any support thrown with decent stats is viable. Who gets it?
    Last edited by Knaight; 2015-10-22 at 09:05 PM.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    So. I just got a five star thrown item. This changes things. The question is, how should this change things? It's for Locke (who I don't appear to have, and who is quite disappointing stat wise), but any support thrown with decent stats is viable. Who gets it?
    I'm guessing you got the Rising Sun? Its stats are pure Attack and Accuracy, so we can pretty much disregard use by casters. Here's a list of characters who use thrown weapons, excluding the casters who frankly should be using rods and staves (and whips) for the stats anyway, the jerks, as well as Tyro and the Core characters: Refia, Locke, Tidus, Wakka.

... Wait, that's it? I mean, Rinoa uses them, but caster, and Tyro and Ninja use them, but... That's it?

Huh. Well, you don't have Locke. And Tidus isn't a terrible front-liner. So that basically narrows you to Refia and Wakka. Refia is a Monk who can use thrown weapons, and therefore can Monk from the back row. That said, Monk abilities suck. Fortunately, she also has Celerity 4. Further, her attack is incredibly good; at 65, she's in the top 10, equaling Sabin, Tidus, Vaan and Lightning.

Wakka also has Celerity (3, so no Dismissal), but he gets Support 5, meaning Breakdowns and (eventually) Full Break. Wakka is the go-to when it comes to Support users, and a solid ranged weapon makes him even more effective.

I'd suggest putting it on Wakka unless you need III synergy. Refia's damage is better, but Support is more valuable overall.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, did the lucky draw thing and managed to get 3!! 5*s: Enhancer(Terra), Valiant(Irvine) and Hypnocrown(Eiko). I was planning on using Terra even before this draw but are the other SBs good enough to deserve a spot on my team?
    Currently running Tidus (Brotherhood SB), Yuna (Magistral Rod SB), Terra (Enhancer SB), Sephiroth (Default SB) and Cloud (Kaiser Shield SB) for most general dungeons, subbing in native chars for specific hard dungeons when needed. I also have Weapon SBs for Selphie(Morning Star) and Edgar(Partisan).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    He is. Red XIII's failure is outmatched only by that of Kimahri and the Core cast. I mean, even Edward is more useful. Edward.
    Red is only bad now because he can't be level broken. If compared to only level 50 support chars he's pretty solid stat wise especially since he can use daggers now (better stats than Wakka or Fran who are your other two main support choices). Being able to use 4* black can also be useful when you need to throw death or break on someone but you still need your black mages slots. And of course he's an absolutely great char if you have his diamond pin. At 65 I expect he'd be serious competiton for Wakka in the support slot, if you have a good dagger or one of his relics.

9. - Top - End - #1479

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    So, did the lucky draw thing and managed to get 3!! 5*s: Enhancer(Terra), Valiant(Irvine) and Hypnocrown(Eiko). I was planning on using Terra even before this draw but are the other SBs good enough to deserve a spot on my team?
    Currently running Tidus (Brotherhood SB), Yuna (Magistral Rod SB), Terra (Enhancer SB), Sephiroth (Default SB) and Cloud (Kaiser Shield SB) for most general dungeons, subbing in native chars for specific hard dungeons when needed. I also have Weapon SBs for Selphie(Morning Star) and Edgar(Partisan).
    Valiant is a very solid gun (Balthier's has slightly better attack while Sazh's has slightly less). The 10xattack SB can potentially be very nice (especially in VIII synergy realms) though Irvine is a support character and doesn't have fantastic damage output himself usually. I don't see a support on your current main team so you might be (like me so far) at a point where you don't yet need a dedicated one. With his gun, Irvine would get the most out of the damage modifier on Breakdowns - though Terra can also field them but this denies her an ability slot for Quake + Elemental Weakness.

Does HypnoCrown give Eiko her Fenrir SB which is AoE wind damage + lowers resistance? Yuna's SB rod gives her AoE Holy damage. Eiko has a better default SB (Shellga) and access to Bard Skills. I'm not sure if she gives up higher ranks of summons or not though. Both are fine choices - I think that if you have both's MCs (I have neither) then Eiko might be a slightly better choice because she's more versatile and has a more useful default SB - but both are pretty darn good.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Troll in the Playground

I decided to do a funny thing like Starwulf, and on the most recent Lucky Draw (hey, I got enough Mythril to net a 25-draw! Yay!), I made a small prayer to the Random Number Gods, a prayer known on the D&D tables I've played. That one being "I believe in the [redacted] of the Dice!" I did it twice.

What a surprise, I get two 5-star weapons! And...a bunch of 3-star and 4-star, but the resulting items are pretty good. However, a word to the wary - the Random Number Gods are fickle and...well, let's see what I got, shall we?
    In the immortal words of the Kobolds of the Crystal Cave: ugh, the One-Winged Angel? Really, Squeenix, Really?
    3-star (7): Mesmerize Blade (repeated, now a 5-star!), Gaia Rod, Gold Hairpin (also now 5-star because of double upgrading), Mythril Vest, Silver Armlet (bleh!), Shuriken, Golem Staff
    4-star (2): Bright Armguard (which is waiting for another one to combine into a 5-star), Silver Bangle (I believe)
    5-star (2): Lenna's Healing Rod (yay, I use Lenna a lot so that means a free SB when I level her up!), and...well, the Mama's Boy's oversized katana.
    No, Squeenix, that I have the Mama's Boy's oversized katana doesn't mean I'm gonna use him; nice try, though.
    So yeah - here's hoping I get another 25 Mythril for another run. Guess it's most likely going to farm any remaining Daily Quests for another 25 Mythril. But seriously; three people already got Terra's Enhancer, but I cannot!? Seriously, the RNGs are fickle and work in mysterious ways...
    Stahp it Squeenix, my proud and noble [redacted] will stay quite clear of the Mama's Boy's oversized katana, yessiree!'
    Oh yeah, and...+1 to "FFRKII: Known as FFRKIV in Japan".
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

11. - Top - End - #1481

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    Valiant is a very solid gun (Balthier's has slightly better attack while Sazh's has slightly less). The 10xattack SB can potentially be very nice (especially in VIII synergy realms) though Irvine is a support character and doesn't have fantastic damage output himself usually. I don't see a support on your current main team so you might be (like me so far) at a point where you don't yet need a dedicated one. With his gun, Irvine would get the most out of the damage modifier on Breakdowns - though Terra can also field them but this denies her an ability slot for Quake + Elemental Weakness.

Does HypnoCrown give Eiko her Fenrir SB which is AoE wind damage + lowers resistance? Yuna's SB rod gives her AoE Holy damage. Eiko has a better default SB (Shellga) and access to Bard Skills. I'm not sure if she gives up higher ranks of summons or not though. Both are fine choices - I think that if you have both's MCs (I have neither) then Eiko might be a slightly better choice because she's more versatile and has a more useful default SB - but both are pretty darn good.
    My progression is at a point where I can basically do all non + level dungeons every event with very few problems which means that I'm still using breaks not breakdowns. I pretty much decided this was good enough and haven't really tried to go any higher for the past couple of months since I'm more interested in PAD these days and am only playing this for the nostalgia factor.

HypnoCrown is the Withering Wind SB - AoE Wind + lowers magic. Yuna and Eiko both have WM + Summon 5, Yuna has Support 3 while Eiko is Bard 4. I'm using Yuna at the moment because she's 65 while Eiko is still currently lvl 1 I have enough eggs stockpiled that I can insta 65 Eiko if I really wanted to though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I'd suggest putting it on Wakka unless you need III synergy. Refia's damage is better, but Support is more valuable overall.
    On the other hand, I have Vaan and a five star spear (which he can use, but a lot of people can't). I suppose it couldn't hurt though, with realm synergy and all that.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

13. - Top - End - #1483

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    My progression is at a point where I can basically do all non + level dungeons every event with very few problems which means that I'm still using breaks not breakdowns. I pretty much decided this was good enough and haven't really tried to go any higher for the past couple of months since I'm more interested in PAD these days and am only playing this for the nostalgia factor.

HypnoCrown is the Withering Wind SB - AoE Wind + lowers magic. Yuna and Eiko both have WM + Summon 5, Yuna has Support 3 while Eiko is Bard 4. I'm using Yuna at the moment because she's 65 while Eiko is still currently lvl 1 I have enough eggs stockpiled that I can insta 65 Eiko if I really wanted to though.
    I'm at a similar power level so far - Breaks but not breakdowns. I'm hoarding orbs until orbfest is done and I can decide how to spread them out across breakdowns -ja's, and other desirable 4* abilities - but such abilities are still amazing luxuries for me.

I'm not sure what Irvine's damage output is with a good gun. He can still cheese into retaliate with double-cut and I think he can still bring breaks (though you don't need a support for them).

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ettin in the Playground

Sooo, I am tempted to try to take on the Wrexsoul battle, but I have to be honest, I don't do very well in boss battles involving multiple foes.

My only real line-up(Unlike others here, I don't level other characters, mostly because Sundays aren't usually days I'm on a whole lot tablet wise) is: Yuna 58, Cloud 56, Vivi 61, Vaan 55, Tidus 64, Black Mage 50, Paladin Cecil 51, Rydia 50, Edward 50(I don't even remember doing that), Aerith 50, Seph 50, Squall 53, Wakka 53. I have a few 30's and 40's but that's about it.

Skill wise: I have no relevant summons. All of my Ga's are Tier 4(so 8 casts), and I'm pretty sure I still have the orbs to refine one to 10 casts if necessary. Curaga is at 10 casts, I have access to protectga/shellga/quake. I have all the breaks at 4 uses, though I'm pretty certain I have the orbs to hone them all up to 6 or even 8 uses. I have Power-breakdown and I can make another one of the breakdowns as well. Tempo Flurry at 4 uses, and several other decent weapon abilities at 4 or 6 uses, but nothing 4*(I can make Bladeblitz and Dismissal though I don't think I could hone dismissal).

On another note: I am dead serious about forever chanting "Mirror Mirror on the wall, grant me a rainbow colored ball". I did it again, just on a lark(and because hey, why stop when on a lucky streak) on a single pull again, and I got some 5* Helmet(Shinra helmet?) this time. I think I might go for a third pull in a little while, still deciding. I can afford to do so and still do both half-price pulls left in the event.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Troll in the Playground

Well I tired my hand at J-LIFE and well...it was not pleasant. She was one-shotting everything through Shell and after being hit with Magic Break. I didn't have stop, but half of my party likely would have been dead by the time I got it to stick anyway, so no MC2 for Cloud for me it seems.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well I guess we can test whether or not everything needs to be mastered to get access to the bonus battles. I just mastered everything but JLIFE. It was my fault for bringing power breakdown and a lunatic high RW instead of the magic mitigation you really need for that fight. Lesson learned, and until the next part becomes available guess I need to make Aerith my number one priority so she can at least bring an RM next time. 5 levels to go.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Sooo, I am tempted to try to take on the Wrexsoul battle, but I have to be honest, I don't do very well in boss battles involving multiple foes.

My only real line-up(Unlike others here, I don't level other characters, mostly because Sundays aren't usually days I'm on a whole lot tablet wise) is: Yuna 58, Cloud 56, Vivi 61, Vaan 55, Tidus 64, Black Mage 50, Paladin Cecil 51, Rydia 50, Edward 50(I don't even remember doing that), Aerith 50, Seph 50, Squall 53, Wakka 53. I have a few 30's and 40's but that's about it.

Skill wise: I have no relevant summons. All of my Ga's are Tier 4(so 8 casts), and I'm pretty sure I still have the orbs to refine one to 10 casts if necessary. Curaga is at 10 casts, I have access to protectga/shellga/quake. I have all the breaks at 4 uses, though I'm pretty certain I have the orbs to hone them all up to 6 or even 8 uses. I have Power-breakdown and I can make another one of the breakdowns as well. Tempo Flurry at 4 uses, and several other decent weapon abilities at 4 or 6 uses, but nothing 4*(I can make Bladeblitz and Dismissal though I don't think I could hone dismissal).
    Wrexsoul is another one cheesed by Carbuncle or Runic. Runic is actually probably better since he does have a physical attack and it's hard to heal through Carbuncle (unless you use Kirin).

Otherwise you want to kill one of the souls (to reduce damage output) and then focus all damage on him. Sentinel grimoire + shellga should reduce their damage output a fair bit. You can magic break them as well but it's awkward to keep it up on two enemies.

Lineup would be:
    Cloud: (Blizara strike/Drain strike)
    Vivi: (Blizzaga/whatever)
    Vaan: (Magic break(down)/Armor break(down))
    Aerith: (Curaga/Shellga) or Yuna (Kirin/Carbuncle)
    Tidus: (Magic break or tempo flurry/Dismissal or whatever hard hitting attack you have)

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I'm doing something ridiculous: Orbfest- Hard using only Lenna and Terra.
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Troll in the Playground

Remember there's no real need to clear all 3 stages since it only gives you bonus gold. So use a RW for the first two battles and then just blow everything you have on the last one. Consider trying it on heroic, will level that much faster.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

I want to Level Break Terra, and get Lenna ready for her Memory Crystal in the event after next, and I'm not touching Heroic with the two of them. I have freak out moments if I don't pay attention as is during this.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Troll in the Playground

*shrugs* Up to you. With a char in even the mid 30s you could probably beat the heroic ones just by using AoE RW.

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ogre in the Playground

I also have no Mithril right now, so I can't Heal after every dungeon. I might bring in a third to do Heroic after I'm done with these two, looking at Snow, Sazh, and maybe White Mage as the healer, should it be necessary..

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Troll in the Playground

You don't have to heal. Finish one dungeon, then quit. Do the first dungeon again. For orbfest the only reward for completing the whole thing (aside the first time) is gold. And you get tons of that anyways.

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    I also have no Mithril right now, so I can't Heal after every dungeon. I might bring in a third to do Heroic after I'm done with these two, looking at Snow, Sazh, and maybe White Mage as the healer, should it be necessary..
    What he means is only do the first level in a dungeon, clearing 2 waves with a decent RW and then only having to deal with a third, getting the XP, retreating from the dungeon, and re entering with fresh resources. No mythril necessary.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... Seems... Seems legit, though a little defeating the purpose-y.

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hmm... Seems... Seems legit, though a little defeating the purpose-y.
    The only difference between doing the first wave and doing the entire dungeon is if a) you haven't gotten the first-time reward or mastery yet, b) the completion reward is actually worthwhile (in this case just a little extra gold so not worthy), and c) by doing the entire dungeon you have less resources per fight, like the RW.

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Troll in the Playground

See the Sunday Exp dungeon IS worth completing because you get 30k exp worth of eggs. That's pretty crazy. But when it's only gold on the line (like the rest of the week, and this orbfest) its much easier to just do the first one over and over again.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Troll in the Playground

So, I'm doing something ridiculous: Orbfest- Hard using only Lenna and Terra.
    I can do Heroic with Terra (though she's level-broken, having Quake and Revive), either Balthier or Keeper (both level-broken), the Bard, Wakka and Josef, and the last three are over level 40. Key, as usual, is to have a good RW and have two or three characters carry the others up. Switched Balthier for Keeper last few times because Balthier is already level 60, and never had enough SB gauge to use Healing Grimoire, but 1 out of 3 times my team goes nearly unscathed (almost always with Lunatic High, Stoneskin, Sentinel Grimoire or Rampart). It helps that Josef and the Bard have self-healing abilities (Chakra and Salve, respectively), and both Balthier and Keeper can equip Bladeblitz. I've done it pretty much reliably, though I notice that most monsters tend to aim at the character with the weakest HP, meaning they often aim at the Bard (even at back row, the Bard gets hit for 1.5k damage), so watch out for that.

Wakka is pretty close to level-cap, and both the Bard and Josef are close to level-cap, so I'll have some auto-Bladeblitz, auto-Aim and auto-Double Cut pretty soon. Then, Ranger for chance of Barrage, Black Mage for Mana Spring, and White Mage for Concentration (and to finally teach her the Mind-boosting SB).

Also: any news of when the new thread's coming? We're almost close to 1,500 posts!
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anyone have a link to what RM to go after? I did some googling but came up with some pretty outdated information, it seems.

Right now I have WM, BM, Summoner, Josef, Cloud, Aerith, Vaan, Rydia, Tellah, Kain, and WoL 50+. Gee, I'm starting to feel accomplished.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy