New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC2)

The Frozen North Northmen

The great city of the Frozen North on the Playground, the only of it's like in all the world, An expanse of rings and layers, of multiple levels; this city suddenly bursts into fits of motions, steam and smoke rising from the highest openings in the trinity of peaks.

Great Steam Engines of brass and bronze begin being lowered by gigantic metal cranes from the city rings to he ground just outside of the city walls.

The Age of steampunk Steamworks has arrived amidst the ice and snow.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Ignus: 9+2=11; Hemeliosa: 0+2=2

Hemeliosa:
    -1 Create Concept: Steamworks
    -1 Create Concept: Steam powered machinery

Ignus:
    -2 Create Populace: Titans

Within the ruins of the broken continent known as The Burning Lands Arise great figures of power, Huge in size, with bodies and physiques of physical perfection.

Each of them is unique in appearance in at least one feature. One may have clouds for hair, another the radiant halo of a star blocked from view. Another a great red mane... Each of these gigantic beings represents one aspect of divinity. Each Titan is the embodiment of a single Domain. They are not mortal creatures. They are not Gods. They are not Avatars. They merely are, manifest and manifold. Good. Evil, Law, Chaos, Air, Storms, Winter, Sun, Fire, Water, Earth, Dwarf. Their numbers are many and varied, no two alike, yet two exist for each and every domain, one male, one female.

"Behold the Age of Titans!"
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-06-21 at 03:23 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ettin in the Playground

The wandering assassin, shogling diplomacy party.

Some of the Shoglings look to be ready to fight but the leader scratches his head. Where get dead Shogling? Texl not think of many Shoglings around here? The Shogling says in their clicking language.

Shog

Shog decided to enact his plan as he felt his energy grow stronger. The Brain would still need to figure out the logistics. He forced some divine energy into brain raising it to his avatar status. Shog then created creatures some flesh creatures made from dead corpses animated by drawing magic from the surrounding environment. He then barely connected it to the Brain allowing them to learn from it and for it to issue commands and spy if it needed to.

The Brain
    The Brain for its part was ecstatic to have something to act as a body for it. The creatures however seemed to be somehow restricted to staying on the Island of Shog. It sets its new body to make a set of creatures to work on the Plane of Shog and to act as more law enforcement for the Shoglings. It was still slow going as even the flesh golems were even dumber than the Shoglings. After a lot of work and only having to take over the flesh golems a view times the first clockwork golem was made. Not powered by drawing magic from the world around it, it used a complex series of gears and the Brains will power to continue to work. Like the flesh golems they were inherently connected to the brain but were several times more expensive to make resulting in the flesh golems never being completely phased out. The Brain also started to experiment with attaching pieces of the flesh golems to the Shoglings with decent success however they were not connected to the brain like the full golems. Eventually, further research was scrapped but half-golem production continued to be a thing.

The coast of Eldarond

The third wave of Shoglings arrives in their new watery beasts. They attempts to land and find themselves unable to enter. They then return back to their island. This was not over but the Brain needed to be told and a new strategy formed.

Spoiler
    Show

4ap+2ap for father's day=6 ap
    3ap=6ap-3ap create avatar (The Brain)
    1ap=3ap-2 ap create populace: Clockwork Golems (Going with pathfinder version I think), Flesh Golems, Half-golem template. They can be made without the craft construct feat for an additional thousand gold in crafting costs (and only these three currently. If you want other golems you will probably need the craft construct feat). They do not require any spells to create but the still require a number of HD equal to the minimum caster level, making the craft dc to make the body, the gp cost and some sort gp equivalency for the xp cost for the flesh golem. Half-golem makes people LN not NE on a failed save (with out the hatred of flesh with a hatred of magic users instead), the intelligence penalty can not bring you below 3 and the damage reduction is the same as the golem it came from (3.0 template so the DR was weird with it being higher than some of the golems have now but easier to over come). Flesh Golems and Clockwork Golems are both int 3 with a lawful alignment with a moral alignment matching their creator when created and gain an additional int for every 100 years they are alive and connected to the brain. The brain can override flesh golems and clockwork golems telling them to ignore or do different commands if it wants too but it can't pay attention to all of them at the same time. It can also immediately stop the berserk rage of a Flesh golem but again it doesn't pay attention to them all. The golems always demand some sort of repayment for their work though they are helpful to their creator and won't do anything against their creator unless the Brain directly orders them to (even if the flesh golem goes berserk). Flesh Golems shut down if they are in an anti-magic area for more then 24 hours meaning they basically do not exist on the Plane of Shog though they do exist on Shog island.

Last edited by Hamste; 2015-06-21 at 05:01 PM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

the wandering assassin and shogling party
    'Oh great' he thinks to himself as they start clicking away in another language. He had the spell to understand them stored in the back of his mind if he needed it, but felt it wasn't necessary. 'Observe and learn' he told himself.
    He bows before the creatures and holds out his empty hands, trying to signal he was not hostile.
    He then points to the corpse and back to where the battle took place. He points to his feet then the direction the were all walking and starts walking again.

the mad house-Valask watching Reshy

While waiting for his brethren, Valask gazed upon the playground admiring the carnage and hate war brought to the fickle world.

He spotted Reshy, the goblin set on the path of vengeance and hate. He was moving slowly to his goal, usually Valask would not interfere until his vengeance was complete but he was somewhat bored today.

The shadows begin to talk to the goblin, whispers slowly growing into words. Throughout the day they continue to repeat parts of or the whole passage.

"Embrace your hatred, take your vengeance, he doesn't deserve to live after what he did to you.
    Give in to hatred, bow before vengeance, worship me and no one will treat you like that ever again...."

"Find my strength in the darkness"

------------------------

Valask attention was suddenly drawn elsewhere, a single creature shining like a bright beacon in a dark night sky, a piercing screech on a still silent winds. He couldn't not see
    the hatred burning so bright that the war was dull in comparison.

Spoiler: The making of the first kyton
    Show
    Valask had to remove his mask to properly gaze upon the tortured unclaimed soul.
    chained in a basement, locked away like a misbehaving pet, hidden away from the unaccepting eyes of society, out of site from the shameful gaze of her own parents.

Her body bore scars, scabs and fragments of metal still protruding the flesh, but that was not her torment. Her frustration and anger was directed to her parents that had bound her in chains restricting her from furthering her work on herself.

This young, intelligent once beautiful girl had a concept, a thought process, that amazed the god of vengeance so much he just had to intervene.

She didn't conform to societies views and ideals, instead carving a path of her own with such determination Valask could only gaze at her with admiration.

Be it through Ahn's blessing or her own depravity she was deeply dedicated to a metamorphosis achieved through horrific trials of self-mutilation.

Seeking ecstasy through pain in the form of deliberate and violent self-transformation, adhering to the belief that by altering her physical and spiritual matter that makes up her form, she could reach a state of perfect being.

She had began removing aspects of herself that she hated or deemed weak and been replacing them with more desirable or powerful pieces one at a time, Ky-tonie believed that experiences of heightened emotion and sensation lead to greater states of awareness and existence.

Valask would make her a leader of her own race, giving her the power to draw upon all that horror and fear she created in others. He would grant her the souls of the incorrect sacrifices, the tortured, the damned and those already like herself. So she may put them on her path and assist the guild when called.

But first he would grant her what she desired. Pain and freedom.
    The chains that shackled her unlock freely from their restrictions as they grow horrifying spikes along them, she greats them with a moan of pleasure as the unexpected surprise pierces her skin.
    Now free and craving the horror and fear that once shunned her, Kytonie takes her magical chains and begins wrecking havoc and vengeance on the small town of hers.

Valask knows she will not last long, and creates a warped twisted reality of the playground for her to ascend too. The shadow plane.

Show
    10=8+2
    2 = 10-5 domain Shadow(deception) -shadow realm/mask artefact
    -3 create plane
    Spoiler: Shadow plane
    Show
    The eerie and deadly Shadow Plane is a grim, colorless “duplicate” of the Material Plane. It overlaps with the Material Plane but is smaller in size, and is in many ways a warped and mocking “reflection” of the Material Plane, one infused with negative energy and serving as home for strange monsters like undead shadows and worse. Powerful spellcasters utilize the Shadow Plane to swiftly travel immense distances on the Material Plane with shadow walk, or draw upon the mutable essence of the Shadow Plane to create quasi-real effects and creatures with spells like shadow evocation or shades.

The Shadow Plane is a dimly lit dimension that is both coterminous to and coexistent with the Material Plane. It overlaps the Material Plane much as the Ethereal Plane does, so a planar traveler can use the Shadow Plane to cover great distances quickly. The Shadow Plane is also coterminous to other planes. With the right spell, a character can use the Shadow Plane to visit other realities. The Shadow Plane is a world of black and white; color itself has been bleached from the environment. It otherwise appears similar to the Material Plane. Despite the lack of light sources, various plants, animals, and humanoids call the Shadow Plane home.

The Shadow Plane has the following traits:

Magically Morphic: Parts of the Shadow Plane continually flow onto other planes. As a result, creating a precise map of the plane is next to impossible, despite the presence of landmarks. In addition, certain spells, such as shadow conjuration and shadow evocation, modify the base material of the Shadow Plane. The utility and power of these spells within the Shadow Plane make them particularly useful for explorers and natives alike.
    Mildly Neutral-Aligned
    Enhanced Magic: Spells with the shadow descriptor are enhanced on the Shadow Plane. Furthermore, specific spells become more powerful on the Shadow Plane. Shadow conjuration and shadow evocation spells are 30% as powerful as the conjurations and evocations they mimic (as opposed to 20%). Greater shadow conjuration and greater shadow evocation are 70% as powerful (not 60%), and a shades spell conjures at 90% of the power of the original (not 80%). Despite the dark nature of the Shadow Plane, spells that produce, use, or manipulate darkness are unaffected by the plane.
    Impeded Magic: Spells with the light descriptor or that use or generate light or fire are impeded on the Shadow Plane. Spells that produce light are less effective in general, because all light sources have their ranges halved on the Shadow Plane.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-06-21 at 11:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

The Madhouse - Ahn, Valask

A sickening puss colored ooze began to drip from one of the many floating rocks in the Madhouse's grey and lifeless expanse.

The ooze stopped and took shape mid-air, a gnome, bearded and pale of skin in colorful rags, a wooden cane in hand and a askewed black pointed cap upon his head. The gnome-like creature stroked his beard as he observed Valask for a moment before saying "That one really seems to enjoy the gift of pain."

He remained stoic and serious for a good long moment before he finally broke out in a wide fang-filled grin.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Valask rolls his hand in a flourish as he leans over in a deep bow, the bells of his jesters hat jingle as he tilts forward and then raises.

"So you must be Ahn. Greetings, I am Valask Noir"

His masks lets out no emotion, his voice hard to read, his bells softly jingle as he tilts his head slightly to the side as if examining the gnome.

"That she does, and with so much determination I would say she is a fanatic in her beliefs.... But..."

He pauses as he crosses his arms behind his back and steps closer to the gnome.

"She is mine!"

"I spotted her first! But, if pain and suffering are your thing, you can assist me with populating the plane of shadow with such things. Or, if Grenzo wishes to join in, let us create another plane of torment designed to eternally punish the souls worthy of such."

"Even the brute Shog punishes the abusers of magic, you really should watch his shogling's tear apart their souls... Oh the expression on their face as the magic does nothing is priceless."
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-06-22 at 05:29 AM.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    No problem; a little nonsense can be fun every once in a while.

Kahla has already turned away from the Craast who left with the Grack. They had left her Brood; they were no longer her concern. "Well then, Salawa...I bid you welcome in the lands of Craast Dominus. As long as you don't harm my children, you are safe here. I go to answer the summons of the oldest of the gods, and...my aunt? I am not sure...the source of part of the essence that made me, at least. Come with me or remain, as it pleases you." With that, Kahla vanishes, stepping for the first time out of the Playground.
    Salawa - The Cat is Away!
    not that Salawa is a mouse or anything. Well, maybe not. It's not sure.
    As Kahla departs, Salawa begins to cackle madly for a good ten minutes before regaining its composure. Then, its main purpose in being here achieved, (whatever that was) it idly scoops up a bit of genetic material from these Craast and departs.Whether or not this is discovered by their god and whether or not this upsets him I'll leave up to their patron.
    Its next stop is to visit with the foulspawn just long enough to pick up a fresh foulspawn brain. Then it will go and pick up a few pseudonatural eyeballs and mouths off a few random creatures. Salawa will then appear in the Underplayground in a small little out-of-the-way spot where it will mix these bits together in a pot and urinate into it. Somehow, rather than resulting in merely a foul-smelling mess of foulness, it results in a living mass of eyes and mouths which bubbles out of the pot in floating globules of flesh. These bits of madness incarnate each float off on their own to babble, blink, and bloatedly blast away at things randomly.I know, I know, that last one wasn't really a "B". I drew a blank.
    Sometimes, as these things wander around, they encounter a brief moment of what can only be described as sanity. In such moments, the mouths fall off the floating balls of eyes in quivering piles of flesh leaving behind a rather solid sphere of eyestalks and a single large mouth. Having shed their madness as a gibbering pile of mouths, these beholders exercise their newfound "sanity" to grow and thrive as a species.
    Well, I didn't know I was going to be making those, but here they are.
    Spoiler: ap expenditure
    Show
    ap: 12=12(starting)+2(father's day bonus)-2(create populace: Gibbering Orbs, Gibbering Mouthers, and Beholders)

These are the textbook aberrations by this name as written. Orbs and mouthers reproduce by a macroscopic version of cell division while beholders... Lords of Madness describes it quite thoroughly and I'll not bother to repeat it here. Suffice it to say that it's icky
    Last edited by planswalker; 2015-06-22 at 08:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

Ahn giggles like a child in a candy store. "Before you found her, Brother! She was my follower! Ha! She is a worshipper of Me! Ha! Aha!"

The God of Luck turns upsidedown and grins at Valask with a wide grin. "Can't claim finders first on something that's already been found but you can ask for her, yes! Yes! You can have her! Ha! A goft to my youngest of brothers! One soul among countless others! Ha!"

Suddenly he whips out a mirror and gazes through it."Oh! This is interesting!"

The Black Reef

The Kua-Toa were wide and varied among the reefs but there was one thing every tribe among them had in common. They all were ruled by Cheiftans, cunning and cruel and strong. They embodied the values that the Kua-Toa held dear and so they led, not by love but sheer power of muscle and will.

From the Shark-Flayers, one such Cheiftan rose through the Tribe heirachy, Cruel and Strong. His name was Glooboob and in time, his name would shake the very foundation of the Black Reef.

Glooboob the Flayer as he would come to be called gathered to him many tribes from many places, both from inside the Black Reef and from others. He pressed his strength and cruelty against them and formed a grand society at the center of the Black Reef.

Thloop is what the city, for it was a city indeed would come to be called. Great spires of stone and coral rose up and at the bottom of the ocean. The city was vast, complex and cruel.

It's streets twisted and winded and were filled with slabs of meet and jewelry and all manner of goods, a hub at the bottom of the sea.

Somara - Ulvin, Robin

Ulvin rose high above the rolling plains of Somara and gazed upon it. He thought to himself that the place needed something more than just the souls of his people and so he brought great creatures into being under his service and in the service of law and good.

First to come were the Angels, human in appearance. They were winged, great feathery wings. Fierce protectors of Good with souls as kind as a soft breeze in the Summer wind. These were the highest, brightest and most beautiful of Somara's occupants.

Then came the Hound Archons, powerful humanoids with the heads of hounds and muscular bodies.

Lastly arose the Lantern Archon, shimmering balls of light, beautiful and kind, providing everlasting love and guidance towards humanity.

Robin was next to Ulvin when this happened and she smiled a beautiful smile as a thought came to her mind. She grabbed hold of the creatures and instructed them on erecting great keeps and castles to reside in. She also imparted in them a sense of Unity as they gathered together under a single banner. They would serve and bestow upon the world, the Light of Summer and they would each bear a magical lantern that they would raise in praise of both Ulvin and Robin. So it would be that the Lanterns of Somara were born.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show

Ahn
    +2AP Father's Day
    -2AP Create Organization, Thloop: The Kua-Toa form a city under the sea within the Black Reef. It becomes a trading hub, right now for the Kua-Toa, the Sahuagin and the occasional Bogwart.

Ulvin
    +2AP Father's Day
    -2AP Create Populace: Angels, Hound Archons, Lantern Archons (These beings, although largely occupants of Somara, they will eventually spread and be available to ALL Good-Aligned Deities.)

Robin
    +2AP Father's Day
    -2AP Create Organization, The Lanterns of Somara: The Angels and Archons of Somara form a society wholly dedicated to spreading the Light of Summer and serving Good. They would also erect countless keeps and castles across Somara's endless expanse and would be as the plane's nobility, kind and caring to the souls of Man who would join them.

Currently Playing

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ettin in the Playground

The wandering assassin and shogling party

The Shogling stares blankly at the assassin. It seemed to be offering them air. Was it saying it owned this land and it was offering them the right to breath its air? Seemed to be a good sign...though that still didn't explain the dead body. It seemed to have pointed in a random direction for the corpse. No idea what was over there that was important. The last part seemed to mean he wanted them to follow. They start following after him keeping a careful eye on it.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The Dark Grove

Fr’ka returned to the roost, finding the goblins knew nothing of her lost sister. She wondered what creature she had come upon, to leave no trace, no scent or footstep she could follow. She was sure that whatever had killed her was not as simple as a goblin, or the usual predators of the woods. The Raven Mother had bid her bide her time but Fr’ka had been searching too long now and now that her sister was dead, she had to be avenged. She would have to ask something else. Perhaps, something as old and maybe even as strong as the Raven Mother.

The Ravenwood

Skarz awoke suddenly, gagging. I’m going to be sick, he thought. Of course he had finished drinking up all Reshy’s winnings since last night and with Fr'ka screeching at him all through his previous hangover, had thought that he needed it. He tried to get up and that’s when he realised something was dragging him backwards over the rough earth. Head spinning, stomach lurching he struggled with his unseen assailant but was too disorientated to fend them off. Awareness was drifting back to him. He stared at the arms dragging him. A goblin?

“Hey numb-nuts, where’re you taking me?” He managed to get the words out but started choking as he was gripped at the throat, as if the goblin’s arm was a mechanical claw. Then he saw the knife, a rude thing roughly hewn from bone, glinting. Skarz tried to scream and bite and punch but he was still groggy. Laughter sounded and all went black.

Northern Demiourgia

A brother and sister, a miner and a metalsmith, sought succour from their ravaged land in a small village known as Rymshire. Rymshire did not have a large population, but welcomed the huglins into to their settlement, for their smith had recently suffered an accident with a horse. Rymshire was far to the south of Parentia and the brother and sister had bought their passage there by selling every one of the goods they were able to take with them, leaving them with merely the clothes on their backs and the knives and skins at their belts.

They were surprised to meet another huglin at the foot of the hills surrounding Rymshire, an elderly woman panning for gold in the stream. She introduced herself as Old Mags. Mags wore a patchwork cloak of many colours, though her hood, pulled down fast over her eyes, only had two, black and white. She carried an old walking stick and wore filthy grey slippers that seemed to have covered all of Demiourgia. Mags told them she was certain gold lay in the hills, but that in fact she was searching for a greater treasure.

“It shall be found by one that can see yet cannot, never the future, always the past, never the past, forever in the present, always uncertain,” she intoned, leaving the huglins quite lost. Marec admitted that he had come to investigate the stream for gold as Old Mags had, even though as a miner he knew almost nothing of panning, other than that one had to be lucky and as luck would have it, Marec did eventually find several nuggets. Annah melted the stuff into celebratory emblems for the populace as thanks for their welcome.

Spoiler: AP use
    Show
    Mould land (Rymshire)
    11 = 12 - 1 AP

Create Avatar (Old Mags)
    8 = 11 – 3 AP

Nourishment (Metalsense: Huglins)
    7 = 8 - 1 AP
    The huglins can now sense metal and similar materials to help them find metal deposits that allow them to always have a chance to practice their ability at the craft associated with their race.

Mark as chosen (Annah)
    0 AP

Mark as chosen (Marec)
    0 AP
    Last edited by cubedancer; 2015-06-22 at 02:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Cosmic Mother, Avatar of Ignus, Kahla, Kealohran, Kethneciel Mianmi, Pernieth, Falcon & Rannes, Limbo.

The Cosmic Mother feels that she has waited long enough for the gods to arrive. Those who are late would have to be filled in by the rest. her voice begins to rumble across Limbo.

"To those who I have invited, and to the others who happen to stumble upon this gathering, I thank you for heeding my call. The urgency of my message was no exaggeration, for events are transpiring upon the Playground which could easily endanger our world and all our Children who live upon it. When the existence was created, there were two, the progenitor of all. The Original Creator. In his loneliness, he created the one who would eventually be named to Zalsaram, who went insane and attacked his maker. In a desperate bid to save himself, he willed me into existence. Yet for all my power I was unable to stop Zalsaram and hence the Visionary was willed into existence. Together we unleashed all of our powers to defeat and chain Zalsaram who succumbed to his wounds and thus our world was built upon him. In order to ensure that the Original Creator's legacy be preserved, the Visionary and I placed our Children upon the Playground seeking to protect and guide our Children."

"And now we have young misguided gods who wish to unleash Zaslaram once more by resurrecting him. Should they succeed, it would mean a catastrophe for all our Children. Clearly the Visionary and I failed in our tactics. I believed that by placing my faith in my Children upon the Playground such madness would be averted. The Visionary forced direct conflict upon the gods and was defeated. And thus I have called all of you. It matters little to me which divine line you came from, for we all share a common goal. To protect our children."

"So then, tell me young ones. What would be your course of action to prevent this catastrophe upon the Playground?"
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

11. - Top - End - #641

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    The Cosmic Mother, Avatar of Ignus, Kahla, Kealohran, Kethneciel Mianmi, Pernieth, Falcon & Rannes, Limbo.

The Cosmic Mother feels that she has waited long enough for the gods to arrive. Those who are late would have to be filled in by the rest. her voice begins to rumble across Limbo.

"To those who I have invited, and to the others who happen to stumble upon this gathering, I thank you for heeding my call. The urgency of my message was no exaggeration, for events are transpiring upon the Playground which could easily endanger our world and all our Children who live upon it. When the existence was created, there were two, the progenitor of all. The Original Creator. In his loneliness, he created the one who would eventually be named to Zalsaram, who went insane and attacked his maker. In a desperate bid to save himself, he willed me into existence. Yet for all my power I was unable to stop Zalsaram and hence the Visionary was willed into existence. Together we unleashed all of our powers to defeat and chain Zalsaram who succumbed to his wounds and thus our world was built upon him. In order to ensure that the Original Creator's legacy be preserved, the Visionary and I placed our Children upon the Playground seeking to protect and guide our Children."

"And now we have young misguided gods who wish to unleash Zaslaram once more by resurrecting him. Should they succeed, it would mean a catastrophe for all our Children. Clearly the Visionary and I failed in our tactics. I believed that by placing my faith in my Children upon the Playground such madness would be averted. The Visionary forced direct conflict upon the gods and was defeated. And thus I have called all of you. It matters little to me which divine line you came from, for we all share a common goal. To protect our children."

"So then, tell me young ones. What would be your course of action to prevent this catastrophe upon the Playground?"
    Ignus taps her hammer on the 'ground' which is not there, as another might tap their chin in thought. "It seems simple to me, to migrate our children to another place, and lock this one." She glances around, "I may lack future knowledge, and I may lack the ability to foretell events, but I have had the feeling things would go badly for some time. It is why I had my people leave this place. Those such as Grenzo are allowed to act in their chosen manner without anyone attempting to prevent it. This is the result." She shrugs. "It would by now require all of us to put an end to the madness, but I have no faith in others to do any good. I have not seen any action to prevent him or his ilk. Nor have I seen anyone that would help me of their own volition. I have little reason to assist any of you, other than the fact that the descendants of my creations still live below."

She turns away and walks a short distance to separate herself from the others, where she sits upon a throne of fire. "Your difficulties and the issues you now face are entirely of your own making. I attempted to put a stop to this before it began. I was defeated. You have sealed your own fates. If you cared, you would have done something long since. You did not. I did, but alone it was not enough. My daughter's heart powers the monstrosity. Help me seek it, and end this, or don't and watch your children die. I will destroy the world before I see it fall to evil and chaos." She strikes her hammer on the void, marking the end of her proclamation.

Ignus trades place with her Avatar as her second self disappears.

Somewhere: Ignus' Avatar, Kryokoli, Others?

A flash of light heat and smoke. Ignus approaches her second-born child. "I come with a warning. Do not leave the playground or I will imprison you." Another flash of light and heat and she steps into the plane of fire, never having stilled her stride, having walked in, walked past, and walked out of the playground.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-06-22 at 09:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

12. - Top - End - #642
    Barbarian in the Playground

Trenco and Cairpe

The road. They had made landfall and taken to the road, travelling alone, with caravans, by magic more than once. It was their home as they roamed, from place to place. Together, they would sing, write, copy down the wisdom and knowledge of each place. Trenco would share and teach, Cairpe would do. Over time, it came about that he was doing more and more; he would share stories and play and sing. Trenco would write. He had, at his call, a box that appeared from thin air, within which he kept dozens, perhaps hundreds of his books. Another of some strange talismans he would craft. These, he told his student, these were his legacy. That word he kept using more and more, it seemed.
    Cairpe learned of the world; the customs of the Sovereignty and the Northlands, the laws of Mytea, the songs of those that plied that oceans, the vices of the moon, the safest way to get to Eldarond. He learned how to read a room for what songs and stories they might enjoy, how to find a dry hedge to sleep, the names of the stars in two dozen tongues and twice as many places, the way to challenge a man to a duel, the way to kiss a woman. Such was life.

Keth’mai

The Ceremony had to go on, of course, once it was relatively certain no one was injured. So it did; they performed and finished, and sent visitors on their way. Only then did it become apparent that things had… changed. There was no more mountain slope; instead, they were ringed with fields and forests. The path had changed slightly, it seemed; and just across some invisible threshold, they appeared again on the mountain slopes, but there was there no sign of the college, or apparently any way back.

Time brought about more of the story. The College was still accessible, but the entrances seemed to shift of their own volition. The teachers and staff could feel, could sense when they were near, and open them, but it was not as exact as stepping to another plane It seemed to be another plane entirely, except that even traditional planar travel methods refused to take them there, nor teleportation. A place apart.

So minds changed, old thoughts were thrown out, and the college began to send out recruiters; roaming people to observe and collect new potential students, then guide them to an entrance. To find those with the spark of creativity, of music, of desire for stories and learning, they were the gold these miners sought. Time swept on, and the college began to grow. Families moved in, to work the lush lands for food for the College. More buildings were added, and there always seemed to be enough space.

Zaudēja Salas

Their strange visitors, Ennis and the Silent Musician, had failed to mention the exact details of the island locals. Her kind had traveled the world, strode the forests and plains, since very nearly the dawn of time. They had survived wars between the mortals of the world; the beasts and plants of the forest were not menacing. But then, none of those still living, nor any of the songs of the past, talked of such creatures as this. Dragons were bad enough, but at least they were loud, noisy, few in number, and territorial. These… things were simply enormous. In fact, the scale of the whole island seemed to be for such creatures. The width and breadth of the isle, the height of the trees and cliffs were not of a size to be comforting or even familiar to proper people.
    They made it work, though. Keeping a wary eye out for the creatures, to be sure.

Her name was Meuai, a celue, and it was all her fault. Or her discovery, to be fair about it. Apparently, she had spotted a sung tablet while passing by, lying free. Sung tablets, called forth from the trees, were rare among the fey; tradition and oral tales were their ways. Sung tablets were seen as a permanent thing, something to be treasured usually. Backed with the very bark of the tree, they could contain particularly valued songs or experiences to be passed down through time.
    This particular tablet, when she consulted it, seemed to be nothing more than sheets of music. At first, she thought it to be one of the simple songs that rang in the blood of her people. As she read on, however, she found it to be possessing something else entirely. Yes, the tempo, the feel was the same; the notes called differently though. Deeper, somehow. Curious, she unbuckled her lap harp, muttering over the tune to herself. Strummed a few chords, eying the way it flowed up and down. Waving a hand, calling up raw magic to hold the tablet for her, she began to play, falling deeper into the tune with each note. It was a sensual call, somehow evocative of the very land and elements around. Intent on her playing, she did not notice that she had visitors. Of a sort. Or perhaps admirers might be the better word; after all, in one very real sense, they were there first. Several of the locals had assembled below her as she played, watching intently from below -- and more than one from above, as well. When she finished the piece, she continued glaring at it intently, worrying at her lip, until the querying chirrup from below nearly startled her into dropping the harp. She finally looked around, seeing them for the first time. One of the smaller ones, only easily five times her height, made a noise at her again, tilting its head at her in curiosity. Humming softly to herself to quiet her nerves… The creature seemed to be bobbing its head now, straightening back as it listened. As they all listened to her; no raking claws, no ripping teeth. Amazing!

Deirdre

Calling the next years of her life tiring, exhausting, or draining would be frank understatements. Vittor -- the minotaur she approached -- was not the only one who seemed determined to see her dead or failed either. Vittor’s idea of a ‘well-rounded education’ was substantially different from any halflings. But then, that’s why she had went to the fey in the first place. There were others who Vittor knew that would stay for a few weeks and take over; the centaur brother Garros and Divinti, Lejani the celue, and a girron that she couldn’t even approximate a name for.

Sure, the first ten days don’t sound too bad to hear. Practice breathing. Something natural and easy, obviously.
    Not, apparently, according to Vittor. So she sat in a field, breathing. No, no, she was doing it wrong. Breathe! Day after day, in sun and rain, breathe. Breathe. Breathe.
    Eventually, she was graded sufficiently able to breathe sitting that she was upgraded to standing. From standing to hanging or immersed in water or being bombarded with lights… It was amazing what the body was capable of, with enough training. Apparently. Mostly, she just felt wrung out.
    Then Divinti took over, and she found out just how things could get worse. Divinti liked to run. Deirdre had played with her brother, had raced with the caravans, played at the bazaars her whole life, she could run. The breathing should have taught her that nothing was so simple with the fey. She ran, and ran, and ran, and ran, and it was all entirely unfair, Divinti had twice as many legs, and if they’d just slow down and let her get a breath she might actually be able to tell him what she thought of him and if he says just one more lap again I am going to bludgeon his brains out! Up hills then down the other side, through forests in the black of night. Across fields as Garros loosed blunted arrows at her. She put foot to ground and Divinti, black souled heartless monster he was, never once got tired. At least the heat made him sweat faintly.

More and more and more. She learned how to jump and how to sneak, how to shoot a bow and make one. It was frustrating, it was exhausting, it was… exciting.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 10 + 10 (Rollover) + 2 (Bonus) - 0 (Libram charge: Teach Populace: Greensong) = 22

The Greensong grants the fey certain abilities; namely that of Wild Empathy.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Troll in the Playground

Limbo - Gathered Gods

Ulvin the God of Courage Man and his Wife, Robin the Goddess of Fire and Summer appeared next to Kethneciel. Ulvin stood, his features calm as a gentle breeze yet serious as a thunderstorm. Robin was more relaxed but simply in awe of all the gods that she saw as she leaned on her spear of solidified light.

Neither of the two deities dared to say anything before Kethneciel had his say. He was afterall, the Divine Father of Ulvin Silverblade and the first Divine Couple would give him the utmost respect. They simply stood there and listened.
    Currently Playing

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    Ignus taps her hammer on the 'ground' which is not there, as another might tap their chin in thought. "It seems simple to me, to migrate our children to another place, and lock this one." She glances around, "I may lack future knowledge, and I may lack the ability to foretell events, but I have had the feeling things would go badly for some time. It is why I had my people leave this place. Those such as Grenzo are allowed to act in their chosen manner without anyone attempting to prevent it. This is the result." She shrugs. "It would by now require all of us to put an end to the madness, but I have no faith in others to do any good. I have not seen any action to prevent him or his ilk. Nor have I seen anyone that would help me of their own volition. I have little reason to assist any of you, other than the fact that the descendants of my creations still live below."

She turns away and walks a short distance to separate herself from the others, where she sits upon a throne of fire. "Your difficulties and the issues you now face are entirely of your own making. I attempted to put a stop to this before it began. I was defeated. You have sealed your own fates. If you cared, you would have done something long since. You did not. I did, but alone it was not enough. My daughter's heart powers the monstrosity. Help me seek it, and end this, or don't and watch your children die. I will destroy the world before I see it fall to evil and chaos." She strikes her hammer on the void, marking the end of her proclamation.

"You are correct in saying that this is a situation of my making daughter of Zalsaram, hence why I wish to rectify this. Yet to run away and abandon the Playground would be admitting defeat, nor would giving it to those who wish to resurrect Zalsaram solve any of the problems, as they would target the new world next. Answer me this then, when you chose to attack your brother and his allies to avenge your daughter, who did you call upon to aid you who in your plight who did not respond to your plea?"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-06-23 at 12:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #645

"You are correct in saying that this is a situation of my making daughter of Zalsaram, hence why I wish to rectify this. Yet to run away and abandon the Playground would be admitting defeat, nor would giving it to those who wish to resurrect Zalsaram solve any of the problems, as they would target the new world next. Answer me this then, when you chose to attack your brother and his allies to avenge your daughter, who did you call upon to aid you who in your plight who did not respond to your plea?"
    Ignus shrugs. "If you have to ask for help, then there is no one that is willing of their own volition. As I said. No one chose to help me. I should also point out that I took his fire in an attempt to prevent him from causing further chaos. Which returns me to my question, who helped me? Who here stood willingly against evil when this entire issue began?" She raises her own hand. "Oh look, just me." She levels her gaze at the Cosmic Mother. "If you are uninterested in the knowledge and wisdom of the second oldest Power in this gathering, I can leave. Though I doubt you will have much luck defeating Ahn, Grenzo and Eucle together without me. If you ask me, those are likely the primary culprits behind all of this. And now I have given help in the form of information. Oh, I'm sorry, should I have waited for you to ask?"

"I state again, for the final time. I am not a child of Zalsaram. Do not insult me in that manner."
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-06-23 at 12:30 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Who Would Slay Worlds - The Cosmic Mother, Kahla, Kealohran, Kethneciel, Mianmi, Pernieth, Falcon & Rannes

Pernieth shakes his head sadly at the proclamation by Ignus. To be removed by force was one thing, but to willingly take one's family and all their descendants from the world... that was something else entirely. "Defend" Pernieth says resolutely, gesturing to the world below, to all the living things.

He does not mention that next to the Cosmic Mother and the Visionary, he is the oldest living god on the playground. Such matters are meaningless to him, though others might find them important.

Show
    17=5 (Left Over)+10 (Rollover)+2 (Father's Day Bonus)
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-06-23 at 12:58 AM.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

17. - Top - End - #647

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Who Would Slay Worlds - The Cosmic Mother, Kahla, Kealohran, Kethneciel, Mianmi, Pernieth, Falcon & Rannes

Pernieth shakes his head sadly at the proclamation by Ignus. To be removed by force was one thing, but to willingly take one's family and all their descendants from the world... that was something else entirely. "Defend" Pernieth says resolutely, gesturing to the world below, to all the living things.

Show
    17=5 (Left Over)+10 (Rollover)+2 (Father's Day Bonus)
    Ignus takes a deep breath, exhales slowly and manages to speak in a soft manner. "Says the one which attacked me when I was weakened from defending myself. No, my debt to you is payed green one. I helped your Avatar in a situation not of my own make design or action. I saved her life in exchange for you having spared mine. If that can be called a debt, your favor is payed."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Ignus shrugs. "If you have to ask for help, then there is no one that is willing of their own volition. As I said. No one chose to help me. I should also point out that I took his fire in an attempt to prevent him from causing further chaos. Which returns me to my question, who helped me? Who here stood willingly against evil when this entire issue began?" She raises her own hand. "Oh look, just me." She levels her gaze at the Cosmic Mother. "If you are uninterested in the knowledge and wisdom of the second oldest Power in this gathering, I can leave. Though I doubt you will have much luck defeating Ahn, Grenzo and Eucle together without me. If you ask me, those are likely the primary culprits behind all of this. And now I have given help in the form of information. Oh, I'm sorry, should I have waited for you to ask?"

"I state again, for the final time. I am not a child of Zalsaram. Do not insult me in that manner."
    "What do I care for evil?" Kethneciel responds hollowly, neither challenge nor compliance in his voice. "Good and evil are naught to me; only Law is important. I will join to stop this resurrection of Zalsaram because it threatens Chaos upon the world; shouldst it merely threaten evil, I would not concern myself with it.

"Thou believest that thou hast been wronged, not only by Grenzo, who truly did thee wrong; Ahn, who was perhaps complicit in that wrong; and Eucle, whose only fault against thee was an obscurely worded contract. No, thou believest thyself wronged by all the gods because they were not immediately aware of thy daughter's plight--a matter which thou never made known to the gods--and when made aware, they did not abandon their own duties to help thee. What hast thy daughter's heart to do with music? With nature? With the Craast? Why should they concern themselves with things that are not their own?"

Kethneciel shakes his head. "Thou carest not for Law; it is not thy purview. There is no reason for thee to listen to me, and so thou wilt not. Know thou this: Chaos is the absence of Law. If thou truly desirest to destroy the Playground and all that is upon it, upon that day when thou begins to do so, I shall stand against thee."

Kethneciel turns to the Cosmic Mother. "A separate divine agent, tasked to root out and destroy those who wish to raise Zalsaram, may be one way to resolve the matter. I can provide the form, but not the spark."
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ettin in the Playground

Ignus takes a deep breath, exhales slowly and manages to speak in a soft manner. "Says the one which attacked me when I was weakened from defending myself. No, my debt to you is payed green one. I helped your Avatar in a situation not of my own make design or action. I saved her life in exchange for you having spared mine. If that can be called a debt, your favor is payed."
    "Stay?." It is not a request, so much as a wonder. If Ignus has no desire to save the world from Zalsaram's resurrection by working with the others, why does she remain?

About the debt, he is silent.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

20. - Top - End - #650

"What do I care for evil?" Kethneciel responds hollowly, neither challenge nor compliance in his voice. "Good and evil are naught to me; only Law is important. I will join to stop this resurrection of Zalsaram because it threatens Chaos upon the world; shouldst it merely threaten evil, I would not concern myself with it.

"Thou believest that thou hast been wronged, not only by Grenzo, who truly did thee wrong; Ahn, who was perhaps complicit in that wrong; and Eucle, whose only fault against thee was an obscurely worded contract. No, thou believest thyself wronged by all the gods because they were not immediately aware of thy daughter's plight--a matter which thou never made known to the gods--and when made aware, they did not abandon their own duties to help thee. What hast thy daughter's heart to do with music? With nature? With the Craast? Why should they concern themselves with things that are not their own?"

Kethneciel shakes his head. "Thou carest not for Law; it is not thy purview. There is no reason for thee to listen to me, and so thou wilt not. Know thou this: Chaos is the absence of Law. If thou truly desirest to destroy the Playground and all that is upon it, upon that day when thou begins to do so, I shall stand against thee."

Kethneciel turns to the Cosmic Mother. "A separate divine agent, tasked to root out and destroy those who wish to raise Zalsaram, may be one way to resolve the matter. I can provide the form, but not the spark."
    "As you say, Law is not my purview. Nor are the trees, nor the Craast, nor Music. Why should I concern myself with things not my own? Because If I do nothing, nothing will be done. See how you stand here still, talking. Taking no action." She sneers at him nastily. "Evil is the issue here, not chaos. Silence is order, death is order. There is nothing chaotic in the absence of existence, for there is nothing to be chaotic."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

21. - Top - End - #651
    Troll in the Playground

Limbo - Gathered Gods

Ulvin glanced back and forth between the older gods as they took turns speaking before leaning forward to speak in Kethneciel's ear "Father, if you will it, myself and my wife will both dedicate our sparks to this vessel as well."
    Currently Playing

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ettin in the Playground

Hlo - The Burning Lands
    Balance couldn't be kept. That Which Lights the Way tried to enforce it and they went against It's attempts. The decision to leave behind It's home in search of a way to achieve balance was hastened by titanic beings that began to stomp around It's home. And so, with a sigh of resignation, the mutant burning tree let It's divinity free of the Playground and drift towards the Void where It could contemplate on balance in peace.

Lustria and Lion - Chaqua if we wanna be descriptive and appropriate versus vague
    Lustria gazed upon Her followers and knew that She'd need to bolster against possible dangers from chaos. She looked at Her armor, that of a Silver Paladin and knew on some level that She was no longer worthy of that time. None of Her followers could be considered universally good, yet Ulvin wouldn't allow them to venture too far into evil; law was what mattered the most. From Her armor she broke it apart and reforged it with Her divinity, the silver color taking on the color of the jungle and turning sage. Yet Her helmet remained unchanged, as it appeared upon the banners that flew from the stone temples and adobe barracks. She tested the newly formed armor before She smiled a friendly smile to Lion and asked "I believe this city epitomizes Law. Yet I fear that this feeling wouldn't be shared by others. Do you have any opinions on how to ease this world's transition into law?"

Show
    Grenzo: 10 (8+2 Fathers Day); Chaos, Cultist, Divinities, Sin PAP; Cauldron, MIC Charges
    5 = 10-5: Madness (Mutability) Domain and Portfolio
    2 = 5-3: DR 17 using the new domain and the two concepts just done for the 7 needed.

Lustria: 5 (3+2 Fathers Day)
    2 = 5-3: Create Battle Artifact "The Sage Armor" - Her former Plate Armor, forever infused with Her divinity and the ferocity of the jungle.

Hlo: 5 (3+2 Fathers Day); Moon, Sin PAP
    2 = 5-3: DR 6 with the last artifact creation.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Limbo

The Cosmic Mother's voice rumbles once more through Limbo.

"Indeed. We all have our failures and our shortcomings. None of us are exempted, not I... nor you. None of us are. But I have not called all of you here to remind ourselves and dwell on past grudges. Zalsaram is a god of what once was, and seeking to return to that state drove him insane. The Visionary is a god of what shall be, yet seeing only ahead it could not see what was happening at the moment. I am the divide between what once was, and what shall be. Zalsaram is dead, I will not be of this world for much longer, and neither will the Visionary. Before this happens however I must ensure that the Playground shall be in good hands by acting now. If my legacy shall be that I was merely able to gather the gods to hear my words, then so be it. Whether you listen to me, all of you, is up to each of you. "

"Good... Evil... Law... Chaos... Balance... Creation, Destruction and Elements... it shall matter little if Zalsaram is resurrected. Hide if you will... believe that you are safe on your own. Yet if this Cult of the Beast is successful in their task, then not only shall they be organized, but they shall also have an Elder on their side. None of you, or your Children will be safe no matter where you may hide. "

"For when our age has passed, then it shall fall upon the new Elders to watch and guide the Playground as we once did... Mianmi, daughter of mine, Pernieth of the Visionary and you too Ignus of Zaslaram, shall take the role that Zalsaram never did. You may not hold allegiance to your father, but it is the blood of the elements that flows through you and your children. What type of age shall you three herald? I am sad that I shall no longer be here to see it."

"But I want to hear the opinions of the even younger ones. Speak up! You who dwell amongst your Children on the Playground not only have the most to lose, but also have a direct connection with those whom you wish to protect. Now is not the time to remain silent."

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground

IC Post moved to spoiler due to being uncalled.

Spoiler
    Show

Limbo

Eucle appears in front of the gathered gods. His eyes are pure molten gold spiralling into bronze and silver to become saphires in barely an instant before becoming rubies. When his eyes set on anyone whoever holds his gaze can feel the god seeing through them into the meanwhiles and neverweres. He bears full armor this time, crafted from the belated demigod of courage armor, now with a patina of emerald rust over it. His clothing kimono is over it, emblazoned with brocade in natural and intrincate patterns. Embelished golden mask are worn as pauldrons, one for each of his lost children, Zahav - Zalal's in a smirk of self amussement and Ask's in a private chagrin. From his belt held among many minute chests hangs an hourglass and a key. From his back emerge two large insectile draconic heads.

He nods towards those present and bows slightly opening his arms and showing empty hands palms up.

"Mother. Once you prompted me to protect the safety of the orphaned that took to the Void. You saw in me an interest to care for them. Why haven't you called me to this meeting? Why do I have to hear of this by my name being rambled?"

Eucle 2 AP + 10 AP from rollover
    3 AP Claim Combat Artifact: The Armor of Eumos which is now rusted green. The armor, as per it's original properties, accomodates Eucle's extra heads and shifts all too slightly continuisly staining with green rust the area around it.
    3 AP Create Combat Artifact: Funerary Mask's this golden masks hold some of the essence and the hope for revival of his children. Zahav Zalal and Ask, while normally unmoving they sometimes blink and whisper, providing Eucle with insight from beyond the veil.
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-06-23 at 10:15 AM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    The Black Reef

The Kua-Toa were wide and varied among the reefs but there was one thing every tribe among them had in common. They all were ruled by Cheiftans, cunning and cruel and strong. They embodied the values that the Kua-Toa held dear and so they led, not by love but sheer power of muscle and will.

From the Shark-Flayers, one such Cheiftan rose through the Tribe heirachy, Cruel and Strong. His name was Glooboob and in time, his name would shake the very foundation of the Black Reef.

Glooboob the Flayer as he would come to be called gathered to him many tribes from many places, both from inside the Black Reef and from others. He pressed his strength and cruelty against them and formed a grand society at the center of the Black Reef.

Thloop is what the city, for it was a city indeed would come to be called. Great spires of stone and coral rose up and at the bottom of the ocean. The city was vast, complex and cruel.

It's streets twisted and winded and were filled with slabs of meet and jewelry and all manner of goods, a hub at the bottom of the sea.
    Crocodile and the Black Reef

Crocodile approached the city of Thloop and called out in the language of the Kua-Toa, "Little morsels, I have come! I found a party of your kind on a distant shore and they pleased me. If you and yours also are of like mind, we could be quite pleased with each other." Unlike his appearance on land, this time Crocodile appears to be a titanic specimen of a crocodile nearly 18 meters in length. His legs are elongated with webbing between his toes and his hide has adopted a coloration similar to that of his hosts. Crocodile has not consciously chosen to alter his form, but his shape has shifted to match his mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Lustria and Lion - Chaqua if we wanna be descriptive and appropriate versus vague
    Lustria gazed upon Her followers and knew that She'd need to bolster against possible dangers from chaos. She looked at Her armor, that of a Silver Paladin and knew on some level that She was no longer worthy of that time. None of Her followers could be considered universally good, yet Ulvin wouldn't allow them to venture too far into evil; law was what mattered the most. From Her armor she broke it apart and reforged it with Her divinity, the silver color taking on the color of the jungle and turning sage. Yet Her helmet remained unchanged, as it appeared upon the banners that flew from the stone temples and adobe barracks. She tested the newly formed armor before She smiled a friendly smile to Lion and asked "I believe this city epitomizes Law. Yet I fear that this feeling wouldn't be shared by others. Do you have any opinions on how to ease this world's transition into law?"
    Lion and Lustria - Chaqua, if that's what we're calling it

"You have here a well-ordered society with peace and prosperity. The strong protecting the weak and the weak feeding those who protect them. I do not know much about converting the world, but it would seem you are off to a good start. How will you be informing others of the utopia you have created so that they can long for the same and be persuaded?"

Limbo

"Indeed. We all have our failures and our shortcomings. None of us are exempted, not I... nor you. None of us are. But I have not called all of you here to remind ourselves and dwell on past grudges. Zalsaram is a god of what once was, and seeking to return to that state drove him insane. The Visionary is a god of what shall be, yet seeing only ahead it could not see what was happening at the moment. I am the divide between what once was, and what shall be. Zalsaram is dead, I will not be of this world for much longer, and neither will the Visionary. Before this happens however I must ensure that the Playground shall be in good hands by acting now. If my legacy shall be that I was merely able to gather the gods to hear my words, then so be it. Whether you listen to me, all of you, is up to each of you. "

"Good... Evil... Law... Chaos... Balance... Creation, Destruction and Elements... it shall matter little if Zalsaram is resurrected. Hide if you will... believe that you are safe on your own. Yet if this Cult of the Beast is successful in their task, then not only shall they be organized, but they shall also have an Elder on their side. None of you, or your Children will be safe no matter where you may hide. "

"For when our age has passed, then it shall fall upon the new Elders to watch and guide the Playground as we once did... Mianmi, daughter of mine, Pernieth of the Visionary and you too Ignus of Zaslaram, shall take the role that Zalsaram never did. You may not hold allegiance to your father, but it is the blood of the elements that flows through you and your children. What type of age shall you three herald? I am sad that I shall no longer be here to see it."

"But I want to hear the opinions of the even younger ones. Speak up! You who dwell amongst your Children on the Playground not only have the most to lose, but also have a direct connection with those whom you wish to protect. Now is not the time to remain silent."
    Falcon et al - Limbo

Falcon had spent this time overawed by the sheer magnitude of the powers present. Such beings did not merely exist but accepted him as someone worthy to be in on this council. Then the Cosmic Mother specifically called for opinions of the youngest. Falcon could resist no longer and spoke up.

"I am the youngest and weakest of us assembled. I and my siblings know little of the history of this world. We have had little time to form alliances, hold grudges, or even meet others. However, this world we were born on is a place of wonders waiting to be discovered and experienced. My siblings and I would likely disagree on much, but all of us would agree that this world, worthy of being saved or not, is one we would fight to protect. Such complex beauty and vastness should not be snuffed out as a whole. If there are those wishing to undo all this with a misguided view of returning things to a "better" state, they should be stopped. I do not have the wisdom to know how to do this, but I volunteer myself and my siblings to do whatever our part in such a plan is. We would not see this world pass away without a fight."

Having said his speech, Falcon will turn aside to Ignus and say, "I'm afraid I do not know much of the happenings of a previous age but know that I would have come and aided you. It may not have been my purview, but that doesn't mean I would have refused to help."

Spider, Coyote, Newt, and Bat - The Wellspring of Chaqua

While the others scattered to explore the far reaches of this world and beyond, Spider, Coyote, Newt, and Bat stayed behind to explore the place of their awakening.

Newt was fascinated by such vast potential as she saw a source of power which had only begun to be tapped.

Coyote saw in it an agent of change, with all sorts of potential for fun.

Bat thought of the place as a refuge from a more harsh and judgmental world.

Spider saw a web of secrets yet to be discovered.

Together, the four of them prepared this place to make it a home for themselves and their siblings. While the place did not change physically, a spiritual power could be felt there by all living things. At the solstice when the Unseen Council meets, voices will be heard whispering in that place. This is the spot where Tetlacochininervianl meets. It is an agent of power... and of change.

Spoiler: AP Expenditures
    Show
    AP: 0=12-3(create utility(nourishment) artifact: The Wellspring of Refuge)-3(create utility(pestilence) artifact: The Wellspring of Mysteries)-3(create utility(subrace) artifact: the Wellspring of Chaos)-3(create utility(mold land) artifact: the Wellspring of Power)

The location where Tetlachoininervianl was awakened is one of great significance to the Council and where they meet every year to discuss their business. Though a single physical object, there are multiple spiritual manifestations of the power latent within. Such magic as to allow a mortal to harness its potential has yet to be discovered...

yet
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Orc in the Playground

Rannes et al - Limbo

The call to speak had come - and Rannes realized that she could likely best speak for those who lived on the world as mortals - which she herself had been until very recently. "The name - Zalsaram - it isn't one I hear of often. It's usually in old tales that inspire fear in young ones. The spirit of the world that never wanted us - er, the mortals - anywhere near it. It's dangerous but, what did it actually ever do? I'm not even sure what the myths are and what the truths are, it'd be nice to learn a bit before we make any calls."

She had a feeling of what to expect when things would begin to go south, so she decided to make herself some weapons. She figured she could do that. In each hand, she formed a crossbow. In her right hand, she infused some of the power she had of her new self, in the left, she channelled something from within the shard that had given her divinity.

Spoiler: Rannes AP
    Show
    Initial AP: [5]
    AP Gain: [+2 Bonus AP]
    AP Expenditure:
    Create Battle Artifact x2 Combo [-6] - Spatium (Right) & Tempus (Left). Spatium, the crossbow Rannes weilds in her right hand, is infused with her power of portals and can shoot bolts across planes as though they only travelled mere feet - due to tiny gates appearing at the end of the crossbow with each shot, and opening at the desired target - usually. Tempus is slightly more odd, in that it is infused with the temporal energies of The Visionary. It can fire shots, which can then be sent forward in time (not backwards) up to one day ahead, in the same place.
    Remaining AP: [1]

Kealoharen et al - Limbo

Kealoharen knew that they too, were young. Not as young as some, but young. They had been asked to speak, and so speak they did. "Everything I have done so far has been with one goal - trying to lessen or cease the suffering of the mortals. I hope that one day this can be achieved. If the beast which you have described returns, however... I fear all my work will have been for naught. I will help in whatever way necessary, so long as as little harm as is possible comes to the mortals." The deity took on it's basic form at this point - too many variables and unknowns in those around it to determine the most comfortable form.

The Joyous Duet - The city made by Kealoharen, henceforth under the name Kealoha

The duet danced and laughed happily through the empty walls of the city that would come to be called Kealoha. They realized, however, that they were lonely, and they wished for people to live alongside them. The Aasimar were out there, and some would find the place in time, but for the time being, the duo wanted to fill their territory with kind beings.

The creatures they created were tiny, but fun and happy. Magical in their nature, but not agressive, and generally kind.They began to fill the landscape of the city of Kealoha, and would go on to populate lake Kealo as well.

Spoiler: Kealoharen AP
    Show
    Initial AP: [5]
    AP Expenditure:
    Create Populace [-2] - Pixies as a player race! They've been made, and spread across southern demiourgia to lake Kealo as well as staying in Kealoha.
    AP Remaining: [5]

Clora - The Void

Clora had not heard the call that so many others had, and was likely uninterested all the same. She had something she needed to look into. She would have Althia, along with Lum'ohs, meet her at the mouth of the world. The three were going to study the creature which had died.

And so they met, Clora, Althia, and Lum'ohs. Clora directed the two to fetch a fragment of the body of the beast, and so Althia removed a chunk of the beast, and had Lum'ohs bring it to Clora. The God inspected it, and looked at Lum'ohs. She had not been the first born, but exemplified one ideal form of undead. Clora decide to reward Lum'ohs for the dedication she had shown. Lum'ohs would become unkillable by all but the divines, and would become a leader for all her kind - always with a direct line to Clora.

Clora then turned back to the piece of the world that had been brought to her, and looked closely. It was not Neiag's work, and it was not her own. But something seemed certain. This world had not been alive for much longer than the period since Zalsaram's death. The reality was clear, then. Clora had not been the first unliving thing in existence.

Spoiler: Clora AP
    Show
    Initial AP: [0]
    AP Expenditure:
    Nourishment x2 [-2] - If Lum'ohs is ever slain, their body will reform within 1d10 days at Clora's location, or, if Clora is slain or missing, Lum'ohs will reform at this location in the void, near the mouth of the world. Additionally, she can converse with Clora mentally. (Note: Lum'ohs is probably the leader of the Church (Temple? Mosque? Religion? idk) of Clora, and a very high ranking Cleric, in case that was never specified))
    Remaining AP: [0]

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

Divinity Throneroom - Ahn

Ahn materialized upon his throne of flesh and bone, blood poured down from the pillars that surrounded it into pools of boiling puss. He held his scepter out, a thing of bone and sinew and metal plating and the gnome-like creature with claws and fangs spoke out into Creation as it seeked the minds of those who shared in the other thrones.

"Divinities! Come! The Visionary is still and we have many things to speak of!" A grin crossed the God of Luck's face and he awaited the others to join him. They have remained still for too long.
    Currently Playing

28. - Top - End - #658
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"As you say, Law is not my purview. Nor are the trees, nor the Craast, nor Music. Why should I concern myself with things not my own? Because If I do nothing, nothing will be done. See how you stand here still, talking. Taking no action." She sneers at him nastily. "Evil is the issue here, not chaos. Silence is order, death is order. There is nothing chaotic in the absence of existence, for there is nothing to be chaotic."
    Kethneciel shakes his head, but does not respond. There is no order if there is nothing to order, but further discussion with Ignus is likely only to anger the Cosmic Mother with bickering. He nods his acknowledgement of Ulvin's offer, but waits for the younger gods to speak.

Limbo

"The Craast are my children," Kahla responds. "I would see them grow and develop. To hide them away in another plane... I have done so once, and all that caused was their stagnation. I shall not do so again. If the rebirth of Zalsaram is as dangerous as you say it is, I will help to stop it, for my children."
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2015-06-23 at 02:54 PM.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #659
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Cosmic Mother, and everyone else Limbo

Rannes feels as if the stars are gazing at her.

"The reason why you and your mortals have lived safely from Zalsaram's wrath is because the Visionary and I defeated him at the dawn of time. We chained him to ensure that he would never be released again. Eventually he succumbed to his wounds. Imagine a world the size of a pinhead on your back. Now what would happen to that world should you begin to move even a muscle? Everything on that world would shift and move violently. So tell me what would happen to that World on your back if you begin to display the malice that Zalsaram had for everything and all?"

The stars now seem to focus on Kealoharen

Quote Originally Posted by smashingBrawler View Post
    Kealoharen knew that they too, were young. Not as young as some, but young. They had been asked to speak, and so speak they did. "Everything I have done so far has been with one goal - trying to lessen or cease the suffering of the mortals. I hope that one day this can be achieved. If the beast which you have described returns, however... I fear all my work will have been for naught. I will help in whatever way necessary, so long as as little harm as is possible comes to the mortals." The deity took on it's basic form at this point - too many variables and unknowns in those around it to determine the most comfortable form.

"Although it is my wish to see our Children be safe, should this alliance be formed, I will not be around to offer my guidance for much long. It shall be up to you... and each one of you, to determine what is the right path to safe keep the Playground. Do not however give in to despair, for there will be others who will share your concern for the Children."

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post

Falcon et al - Limbo

Falcon had spent this time overawed by the sheer magnitude of the powers present. Such beings did not merely exist but accepted him as someone worthy to be in on this council. Then the Cosmic Mother specifically called for opinions of the youngest. Falcon could resist no longer and spoke up.

"I am the youngest and weakest of us assembled. I and my siblings know little of the history of this world. We have had little time to form alliances, hold grudges, or even meet others. However, this world we were born on is a place of wonders waiting to be discovered and experienced. My siblings and I would likely disagree on much, but all of us would agree that this world, worthy of being saved or not, is one we would fight to protect. Such complex beauty and vastness should not be snuffed out as a whole. If there are those wishing to undo all this with a misguided view of returning things to a "better" state, they should be stopped. I do not have the wisdom to know how to do this, but I volunteer myself and my siblings to do whatever our part in such a plan is. We would not see this world pass away without a fight."

Having said his speech, Falcon will turn aside to Ignus and say, "I'm afraid I do not know much of the happenings of a previous age but know that I would have come and aided you. It may not have been my purview, but that doesn't mean I would have refused to help."
    "The Craast are my children," Kahla responds. "I would see them grow and develop. To hide them away in another plane... I have done so once, and all that caused was their stagnation. I shall not do so again. If the rebirth of Zalsaram is as dangerous as you say it is, I will help to stop it, for my children."

"It would seem that the spark of Youth is still burning within you all. It pleases me to see the younger generation so willing to defend their Children. Perhaps you may not be as powerful as some of the older ones, but that should never make you doubt the path that you have set for yourself and your Children. The young ones have spoken and have expressed their willingness to protect that which matters most. But what of the rest of the older ones? Will you stand with the young ones and offer them your council and guidance? Kethneciel, you had suggested an agent to counter the growth of the cult. What is your suggestion?"

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

The Cosmic Mother, and everyone else Limbo

"It would seem that the spark of Youth is still burning within you all. It pleases me to see the younger generation so willing to defend their Children. Perhaps you may not be as powerful as some of the older ones, but that should never make you doubt the path that you have set for yourself and your Children. The young ones have spoken and have expressed their willingness to protect that which matters most. But what of the rest of the older ones? Will you stand with the young ones and offer them your council and guidance? Kethneciel, you had suggested an agent to counter the growth of the cult. What is your suggestion?"
    With a gesture, Kethneciel summons an automaton into Limbo. It is a Varakhut, an Inevitable of enormous power, made to guard the prisons of Avatars. With another gesture, he shatters the automaton, freezing the splintered pieces into a vaguely humanoid shape. "All of the gods here have their own purviews to govern; if any one of us moved directly against the cult, we risk abandoning our purview, which would undoubtedly bring about chaos. To create a being, a god like those here, whose purview is to seek and destroy this cult, would be the most direct method of beginning the cult's demise without compromising the purview of any one god."

He looks around at the gathered gods, the shards of the Varakhut floating beside him. "My purview has naught to do with life, save for its end. I have only...twice... created a living being possessed of will, and both cases had extenuating circumstances in that creation. I offer the components of this Varakhut and its devotion to a single cause as the beginnings of this new god. I cannot give it will, nor the power to be a god in its own right. If thou thinkest this course be a wise one, I would ask thee to lend it a portion of thy divine strength, to make it worthy of its cause and more than I have the power to do."
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show