New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: A Time Forgotten IC

[Twilight Grove]
    The Living and the Dead

Yen'Shi waits until the Goddess has eaten, its eyes gazing through her as if a drill though once finished it rears back to give the living Goddess room. A skeletal arm moves forward to grasp the parchment, bringing it to one of the many skulls that adorned its body before tucking it within its jaw. "A suitable gift. For your people then, a reason to not far the dark places of the mind." With another arm it gave a shake as motes of soot slowly fell upon the continent of Norian and about the farms that the Orcs worked. "What is it that has brought the Living Goddess to my realm?"

Where the soot touched the shadows stretched and floated like cloth. When the moon rose these shades moved to devour the nightmares of the Orcish people before drifting back towards the Hives.

Spoiler: AP Expenditures
    Show
    Create Basic Life: The Shades -1

2 AP - 1 AP = 1 AP
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-06-18 at 12:23 AM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

[Twilight Grove]
    The Living and the Dead

"What you said at the Sun God's temple." said Illnara, her hair of grass and leaves though normally full of life and blowing without any actual wind simply drops down to her shoulders in this place. She brushes a few strands from her face and looks up at the God of Death.

"You said that someone else struck a deal with you in the name of all the other deities. I did not strike this deal with you. Nobody speaks for me except for me. Especially without my consent or knowledge." She places her hands on the oakwood table she pauses in thought for a moment, carefully considering her words before speaking. "I would hear the terms of this agreement and perhaps even agree to it. It is as you say, the Orks do indeed pass on back into nature in both spirit and body."
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    [Twilight Grove]
    The Living and the Dead

"What you said at the Sun God's temple." said Illnara, her hair of grass and leaves though normally full of life and blowing without any actual wind simply drops down to her shoulders in this place. She brushes a few strands from her face and looks up at the God of Death.

"You said that someone else struck a deal with you in the name of all the other deities. I did not strike this deal with you. Nobody speaks for me except for me. Especially without my consent or knowledge." She places her hands on the oakwood table she pauses in thought for a moment, carefully considering her words before speaking. "I would hear the terms of this agreement and perhaps even agree to it. It is as you say, the Orks do indeed pass on back into nature in both spirit and body."
    "Remind me." Yen'Shi asks, coils drawing closer as it once more returned to its looming in the purple hued sky. "Ah yes, that matter. You and the Sun God mistake the accord. Before the Phoenix Lord brought them into the world your followers held no soul within their breast and my Kingdom was only that beneath the ground and where your dead lay. It was the Phoenix Lord Faust who imbued all the living things with a spark of it's own flaming essence so they would pass on here and then back to the world after dwelling in my Grove for a single year to return to your world. However should our Brothers and Sisters request their people be free of the Twilight Grove they were permitted to come and speak with me." It then motions an arm about them, piercing gaze locked on the Living Goddess. "It is not so cruel here Sister you agree? You may make a Garden for your people and their souls will return to your pumpkin patches as they have since before you were even aware."

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    "You make a mistake then Brother. Your Breath of Unlife remains untouched by me and you wrong me by assuming I would tamper with it for such frivolous purposes. Rest assured, nothing of yours has been stolen by me, my Revenants are animated by sparks of the fire you see all around you."
    As he spoke, the fires around them swirled and raged as if to emphasise the Sun God's point.
    "They are creatures of My Light and sustained by My Light just as your Unlife is sustained by your Breath. The Dead shall still rise as you have ordained and join in the chorus of Unlife.
    "As for our brethren mistaking one's creations for another, that is a risk we all take with the act of creation. None of us can truly know the mind of our siblings and thereby identify what each one would forge. And of course Brother, I do not mistake you for a fool, however I cannot be so sure of all of my siblings. Do not worry what they will think, only those among them who are fools would mistake our creations."
    The Corpse Beast remains impassive as the Burning God spoke though with a motion the throne crumbled beneath it as it stood. "You are wronged by a wrong, these errors can be placed right. I would see all the Dead know my name yet here before me is one who seeks only their devotion. Your Brother requests only an admission that you should have come to speak to me on this matter and that all your "Revenants" be told that it is Yen'Shi who brought forth Undeath unto the land. Not dominion, not stewardship, merely acknowledgement. Then I will sooth your wounds for there should not be bitterness between us. Least of all for the sake of our bloodline when those who also beat with the fire in our breasts would see your work undone."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

[Twilight Grove]
    The Living and the Dead

Illnara listens to Yen'Shi's words, noddimg every once in awhile and letting him speak without being interupted. When he finished, it was her turn to respond.

"I can imagine worse places. Your home, Yen'Shi embodies everything that I am not. It's essence alone seems to reject me." Illnara tugs on a lifeless strand of grass hair.

"Your terms are fair and they make incredible sense. I do not agree with how the faithless are treated but that is not my purview. That's yours. In time, I will create a garden in your realm as you have suggested. However, for the sake of fairness and courtesy as you have shown me." Illnara smiled at Yen'Shi, despite their differences in Domain, she liked him.

"A garden, especially so a garden of my creation would be a thing of Life and Creation. It would be something that the Twilight Grove is not. I see such a thing possibly creating unintended effects." She nodded in agreement with herself as she rubbed her chin in thought for a moment, wondering jerself how such a garden could even be formed in such a place.
    Currently Playing

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

[Twilight Grove]
    The Living and the Dead

Yen'Shi raises up as its coils slowly start to receed back into the water but before it slips away under the murky depths it plucks a single grain of rice from the bowl, holding it out towards Illnara as it reverts from its steamed form to that of a living seed. "The life you so value grows on the backs of the dead."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

[Twilight Grove]
    The Living and the Dead

"Valid point" said Illnara and then she simply laughs out loud.

"Thank you for the conversation, Yen'Shi!" She disappeared from the Twilight Grove, still laughing when she finally arrived back on a piece of farmland in Southern Norian where a group of Orks simply stared at her in amazement and dumb looks before joining in her laughter, clueless of the reason they were laughing.
    Currently Playing

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

((OOC: I took the chance to compile the entire exchange between Illnara and Yen'Shi in one post.))

Spoiler: The Living and the Dead
    Show
    Illnara appeared in the Twilight Grove. She looked around and absorbed the sights, sounds and smells. Inwardly, the goddess cringed. This place, it was everything that she was not.

The Lady of the Harvest found herself in a place completely alien to her nature with a gift for the god who was her opposite at least in domain. She called out to him. "Dead Lord, I am here.

The Plane of the Twilight Grove stretched out in cold and static beauty before the Goddess of Nature as the perpetual dusk bruised sky twinkled with floating lanterns that cast pale illumination to the ground below. It was not hard to find the master of the land as the souls of the dead marched slowly towards the center of the plane, a single vast pool lined with ruins dominated all that could be seen for miles and where those who refused to pay the Gods their proper respects languished as grizzly display pieces covered in gold and burial goods. The single utterance was all that was requited, Yen'Shi bursting from the pool to loom large above the Nature Goddess, a slow hiss escaping from the multitude that made up it's body as dark water cascaded over ribs and arms like a cloak. " Eat Sister, be welcome in my home." it hissed louder, an arm extending as a large oak table appeared before the goddess with a bowl of rice and a pot of tea and sugar. The great Beast's body continued to unwind from the pool as it encircled the pool until a crude barbed tail rested on the waters and the face of the Dead God loomed above the goddess.

"Appreciated."
    Illnara approached the table. She picked up a wooden spoon and with a flick of her wrist put some sugar on the rice before taking a bite. She then took a sip of the tea and she was quite surprised that the food and drink in this place was so fresh, but then again, she also knew that she was dealing with a god.

The Nature Goddess looked up at Yen'Shi and said "Greetings, Yen'Shi. " before reaching into her bosom and pulling a rolled parchment out. "One of your followers once said to an Ork that knowledge was a valuable thing. So I bring you a gift, the language of the Orks; Green Speech."

She offered the God of Death a smile as she held the parchment up to him in an offer.

Yen'Shi waits until the Goddess has eaten, its eyes gazing through her as if a drill though once finished it rears back to give the living Goddess room. A skeletal arm moves forward to grasp the parchment, bringing it to one of the many skulls that adorned its body before tucking it within its jaw. "A suitable gift. For your people then, a reason to not far the dark places of the mind." With another arm it gave a shake as motes of soot slowly fell upon the continent of Norian and about the farms that the Orcs worked. "What is it that has brought the Living Goddess to my realm?"

"You said that someone else struck a deal with you in the name of all the other deities. I did not strike this deal with you. Nobody speaks for me except for me. Especially without my consent or knowledge." She places her hands on the oakwood table she pauses in thought for a moment, carefully considering her words before speaking. "I would hear the terms of this agreement and perhaps even agree to it. It is as you say, the Orks do indeed pass on back into nature in both spirit and body.

"Remind me." Yen'Shi asks, coils drawing closer as it once more returned to its looming in the purple hued sky. "Ah yes, that matter. You and the Sun God mistake the accord. Before the Phoenix Lord brought them into the world your followers held no soul within their breast and my Kingdom was only that beneath the ground and where your dead lay. It was the Phoenix Lord Faust who imbued all the living things with a spark of it's own flaming essence so they would pass on here and then back to the world after dwelling in my Grove for a single year to return to your world. However should our Brothers and Sisters request their people be free of the Twilight Grove they were permitted to come and speak with me." It then motions an arm about them, piercing gaze locked on the Living Goddess. "It is not so cruel here Sister you agree? You may make a Garden for your people and their souls will return to your pumpkin patches as they have since before you were even aware."

Illnara listens to Yen'Shi's words, noddimg every once in awhile and letting him speak without being interupted. When he finished, it was her turn to respond.

"I can imagine worse places. Your home, Yen'Shi embodies everything that I am not. It's essence alone seems to reject me." Illnara tugs on a lifeless strand of grass hair.

"Your terms are fair and they make incredible sense. I do not agree with how the faithless are treated but that is not my purview. That's yours. In time, I will create a garden in your realm as you have suggested. However, for the sake of fairness and courtesy as you have shown me." Illnara smiled at Yen'Shi, despite their differences in Domain, she liked him.

"A garden, especially so a garden of my creation would be a thing of Life and Creation. It would be something that the Twilight Grove is not. I see such a thing possibly creating unintended effects." She nodded in agreement with herself as she rubbed her chin in thought for a moment, wondering jerself how such a garden could even be formed in such a place.

Yen'Shi raises up as its coils slowly start to receed back into the water but before it slips away under the murky depths it plucks a single grain of rice from the bowl, holding it out towards Illnara as it reverts from its steamed form to that of a living seed. "The life you so value grows on the backs of the dead."

"Valid point" said Illnara and then she simply laughs out loud.

"Thank you for the conversation, Yen'Shi!" She disappeared from the Twilight Grove, still laughing when she finally arrived back on a piece of farmland in Southern Norian where a group of Orks simply stared at her in amazement and dumb looks before joining in her laughter, clueless of the reason they were laughing.

Yen'Shi then returns to it's horde deep beneath the plane to await the emergence of the being it had formed.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-06-20 at 11:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Barbarian in the Playground

Raelzun Sea Alcove

Kaylee liked the new muse better than Hesh instantly. There was something about Hesh that seemed innately unpoetic to her, something against the spirit of higher art.

"Greetings muse of glory," Kaylee said, "I am Kaylee, musarch of the Merfolk Kingdom. Your offer is appealing, but there must be more to art than just the deification of one person. You see, I am more concerned with the continued existence of pure art and music at its finest and for everyone to enjoy. Your offer is tempting, but what if we were to amend it so that only half of all art must be about me, or if each singer were to only be able to sing about herself?"

The Amphitheater of Aptitude

Pisceanas heard her brothers call and waited with him for several minutes as none arrived. Bashfully, she said to him, "I'm afraid there were none hiding in the dark, brother. The two of us are powerful and self-reliant, yet an army that cannot yield will be defeated. Metal must either bend or crack when pressure is applied; it is the way of things. The hard and strong will be defeated while the soft and gentle are triumphant. Therefor, I would counsel leniency. We could market ourselves as a balancing force, not letting one power- the sun or others- control everything for themselves. We would do well to include other gods to build our power, perhaps let them build theirs a bit, build up their trust in us before we strike. Yen'Shi is interested in the cycle of life and preserving that while thriving in twilight, I have met Morgorach and he seems sensible enough to me so he may begin to see it our way, Raxmos and Kalroc may be bought over by an appeal to power, Anlorem creates such magnificent marvels out of water which are not helped by light, I have had good relations with Cereim in the past and her magic is sometimes benefited by both light and dark, and I bet Naevar's goals would be in line with our own if we were to tolerate his methods. We will have our day, brother, but first we should lay the foundation."
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2015-06-18 at 04:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    Survivor

Excited and filled with energy from their many victories, Tim realizes that he still can't roll RCR Tim rounded up his gang (Including the Tyrannosaurs) around an arcane glow-globe which filled the canopy with warm yellow light, even as the sun crept down below the horizon. Their group had come a long way, and had grown in numbers. Tim was a very capable sorcerer now. He could make giant leaps in the air, throw fireballs and thunderbolts, and move dirt the way a child plays with sand in a sandbox. His aim with the longbow he had picked up was right on, even when riding Phil as he maneuvers. The others weren't bad either. Several in his troupe had taken quite well to sorcery. Lorelei had saved his life with her potion. She was quite good, especially with . She had even started trying to teach Sharnille how to cast a few spells. Tim sighed. That probably won't get anywhere.

At last everyone had gathered around the light. Tim had an decision to make. They had searched all the surrounding land for humans who might want to join them, and found very few volunteers. The forest was not particularly hospitable. At last he spoke. "You all are some fine fighters and survivalists, and we should all be proud of our skills. There isn't much left for us to do here. We've hunted out most of the immediate threats nearby. We're in relative safety, and we should all feel good about that. The time has come, however, to see what exists outside of our little village in the trees. I mean to mount an expedition! We will go out in the forest, the stars as our guide, and see what's out there. 8 of us should go, including myself and Lorelei. Plus the T-Rexes. It will be dangerous, but so is every moment of our lives."

Tim turned to Phil. "How much do you know about what's out there?"
    "Ehh, as a dignified T-Rex I happen to know that there is very little out there that I can't just eat. A few varieties of squishy pink ones exist. The texture is about the same but the taste varies vastly. The Juresh are big, poisonous spiders, but I guess you already know that. They are safe to eat for the most part, (The venom neds to get into the bloodstream to be truly dangerous, but it is not) and they taste pretty good. Some worms are seen sometimes, but they mostly stay down south. The meat is a tad too dry in my opinion anyway. The getter beasts are a bit annoying. Not enough meat to elicit the effort of trying, not to mention the risk. I believe that is about it, but new creatures appear often enough that you must be ready for anything."
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

The Tower of Sorcery- Ugot Black-Gut

Ugot Black-Gut, an Ogre sorcerer had traveled down from the mountains upon hearing word of a grand tower magically appearing upon the shores of Raelzun's Inner Sea.

He stopped to admire the sight of the tower, letting out a low and drawn out whistle as all four yellow eyes fixed on the tower. "Dat be big tower!" exclaimed the ogre as he lumbered his way over and across the moat which surrounded the tower.

He stopped at the tower's huge ornate door before conjuring up a massive ghost like fist, easily twice the Ogre's size and used it to knock on the door with enough force and sound to emulate a battering ram.

"Ey! Anybody be home!? Joo open up fer Ugot!"
    Currently Playing

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Angsty Anubite View Post
    Scouting Party
    (What's left of it)

"Because whatever killed off my group could still be around..." Steve leaned forward and looked around for some sort of walking stick. Finding one, he propped himself up. "Alright, the sun is over there, so the outpost must be..." He looked to the west. "This way. Coming, Sweetheart?"
    Sweetheart slid next to Steve and moved his arm around her shoulder. She wrapped one of her own arms around his waist, helping him stand. "I'm your companion, Steve." She kissed his cheek. "Of course I'm coming. Tell me if you hurt."

Steve's feelings were embers now, but they were there. Sweetheart could feel it. She might not have planned this particular companion (and honestly, Steve didn't seem like he really needed a dryad - he wasn't repressed or anything) but she'd give it her all in any case. Practice your skills 'till you can put 'em into practice, right?

She could feel her own feelings burning, too: a bit of amor, and just a hint of eros.

Ah, to be in love. There was nothing better.

---
    [Isles of Warmth]

Amoros placed a hand on the soil beneath his bare feet. He could almost sense the magic that had extended the winter, and it disturbed him greatly. Surely, whatever was doing this had a good reason, but his brides could not grow crops in the winter. He could manage it, but without spending massive effort, this was only a short-term solution. He could keep his wives fed, but the farm didn't just feed them, especially not since gaining new farmhands (even if usually at least two of them weren't exactly working on the farm so much as working on him). Surely he could come up with a way to fix this... the monthly eclipse was bad enough.

He reached forward with one of his senses - not Romancy, something else he'd never named. There was power in this sense, the power to shape the world to his whims.

Amoros was a god. And while he did love the gods and goddess siblings he'd never met in person, he couldn't simply let people die if he could do something about it.

And so he breathed into the soil. Warmth would come to those who sang.

He loved music.

---

[Siren's Song]

It is said that in the wild places of the world, there is a creature that sings songs so mesmerizing and beautiful that a man cannot help but follow. Sirens, it is said, appear to those who are lost or in desperate need, and their songs help them find their way. Those who see them directly claim them to be women of their own race, so breathtaking that they steal the hearts of men with but a glance.

Occasionally, a Siren calls someone to them for a very specific favor, and in exchange will sing a song for them personally. It is said that these favors are rare and few, however - No one knows what the sirens normally get out of helping people escape certain doom. Some say that adoration is enough to sate them. Others claim they only save some and purposely cause others to die. Still others say that they were tasked by the love god to sing, and to save. A stupid few claim that Sirens are just horny little b$#@es.

Whatever the case, if you are lost or in danger and hear a song so beautiful it brings you to tears, it is said, you should follow it. It will lead you to safety.

Ridiculous story, right? Sound about as real as nymphs.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    8AP
    -5AP Fabled Life: Sirens. In physical appearance, they are beautiful women the same race as the observer with hauntingly beautiful singing voices. They have the power to draw others to them with their songs, and have been tasked to use this power to keep mortals out of harm's way.
    -2AP Blessing: While music still extends winter for the world, singing can also warm your immediate area. (say, a couple of miles, give or take). Meaning that you can stave off winter for those around you by singing, even if only for a few days. This means that there will be isles of warmth within the biting cold.

1AP
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2015-06-19 at 11:00 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Tixial - Illnara

Illnara took to her feet as she set out to wander. She had spent so much time upon Norian when she had created not 1 but 2 seperate landmasses. She had seen everything upon the larger continent and her Orks have spread across it side by side with the wandering Elven Clans. It was time she expanded her horizons, the Orks will be fine without her direct intervention for a moment. She headed South, to Tixial.

The Lady of the Harvest arrived upon the smaller continent, her hair of grass and leaves blowing about as her garb took in the jungle and became a dress of tropical leaves and twisted vines, banana leaves draped over her shoulders like a shawl.

She walked the jungle, taking in the sights as she passed by a variety of life, plant and otherwise but she has yet to meet sentience, even as she felt the earth being toiled beneath her bare feet.
    Currently Playing

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Illnara came upon the farmland in remarkable shape - while this place was evidently tilled by mortals, they seemed mortals with almost unnatural energy and resilience. The goddess came across one such mortal fairly quickly - the Lady of the Harvest could tell that she had clearly worked for hours on the crops in this area (strawberries? A little unusual for a farm out here, but not unheard of) both from the state of the soil near her and the soil on her - yet she continued to work as if she'd only just begun. There were two or three other women in sight, also serving as farmhands.

... Something about the air here was... welcoming. Inviting Like coming home to a loving husband and children. It was... calming.

Belle looked up as the goddess approached, and her mouth fell open. Living with a god was enough of a shock, but meeting a second? That was... oh my. No amount of combat training from Candice could prepare her for this.

"I... uh..." She fell to one knee in supplication. "Milady, welcome, I'm Belle, I uh... live here. On my farm. I uh... to what do we owe the pleasure? If uh... Amoros is rebuilding part of the barn, if... uh..." Belle looked flustered. "Cuz... he's a god, and you're a goddess, and uh... stuff." She finished lamely.

On closer inspection, this woman had been touched by divine power. Fairly recently, too - her youth and strength were being enhanced and maintained by something. The others had, as well.

This was a new god.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #314

The Tower of Sorcery

Before Ugot Black-Gut came along, the tower had already had three visitors.

That morning, Jeyne had convinced Burne to get off work and hang out with her. Merfolk teens these days had resorted to tanning, flirting, and travel much more now that music was not the most popular hobby. Another acquaintance, a girl slender redheaded girl named Stella, decided to tag along and neither Jeyne nor Burne objected to her company.

The trio had been playing a sort of no-rules tag game when they neared the tower. Burne was it at the time, so Jeyne and Stella dashed into the sea weed in an attempt to get away. They went in somewhat different directions, Stella charging head-first without as much regard for her safety as Jeyne, who seemed to study the seaweed as she went.

"You guys," Burne called, "I don't think we should be here." They were all aware of the tower, but no one had made a comment on it. Burne just assumed they weren't going to get too close. He had assumed wrong.

Reluctantly, Burne swam slowly into the seaweed. He even drew his trident which had previously been secured to his back. Just in case.

As he proceeded into the vegetation, he heard a rustle coming from his left. "Who's there? He asked as bravely as he could. The young Merman wasn't sure whether he sounded frightened or confident; it was probably somewhere in between.

Then, as if from nowhere, Burne heard something from behind him. Before he could turn around- "Ahw!" Jeyne pounced on him. She thought it would be amusing to try to scare him, so had made the rustle in the seaweed with her necklace of bones, then sneaked behind him without him knowing by swimming underneath him. It was really a well-executed plan.

"Eep!" was the only noise that Burne made, and when he whirled around he flung his trident a few feet away from him instead of pointing it at Jeyne.

Jeyne laughed wildly. "Is that all you've got? Oh, you'll make a fine soldier one day." Burne reddened as Jeyne continued laughing. She shoved him lovingly, pushing him back, and he picked up his trident again. "Eep? Is that all you've got?" she jeered.

In the midst of Jeyne getting one last laugh in at the poor boy's expense, Stella yelled out, "hey, guys, I think I found something over here."

So the couple stopped their bantering and went over to see what Stella had found. Sure enough, she had found something; a small opening on the side of the tower. All three of them peered into it for a moment, speechless, each of them considering what to do.

Burne was the first to speak, "well, obviously, we need to get out of here."

Jeyne just gave him a long look, "sure we do, obviously we haven't proved ourselves enough of a guppy for one day." She meant it with love.

"Now, let's not go attacking anyone's character," Stella said, stopping any further teasing in its tracks.

"Ok, but for real," Jeyne said, "don't we kind of owe it to the Merfolk kingdom to find out who our new neighbors are? I was there when we first encountered the Orks and it went great! Besides, for all we know this could have something to do with the linking of music to winter... wouldn't you like to be the hero who returns free music to Raelzun?" She tapped the center of Burne's chest on hero and said the word with a flare of flirtation.

"Even if," Brune replied, and stuttered because he was caught slightly off guard, "even if this has something to do with music going wrong, that only makes it more potentially dangerous. It's dangerous already, and besides, we don't own this tower. It isn't the right thing to just go barging in."

Stella had remained quite for this entire time so far. After thinking things over, she replied, "I agree with Jeyne. This tower showed up at about the same time as the music went sour, so it might well have something to do with it. Plus, we don't have much better to do, other than sun ourselves, let's cltivate our sense of adventure."

"Okay," Bunre replied very hesitantly, "but I'll go in first."

Both girls looked at him for a moment, then at each other, conveying a no.

"No," Stella said, "I made this call, I should be the one to do it. I'll go alone at first so if something happens to me right away, the two of you can find help." The other two got a sense that she wanted to do this, so they let her go as she said.

And so first one, then three Merfolk entered into the tower of sorcery.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Amoros' Farm, Tixial - Illnara, Harem Girls, Amoros

Illnara grabbed belle under the arm and lifted her up from her knee. "Nobody kneels before me, girl. Not even the Orks in my own temple.... but of course, you dont even know about them. Hmmm..." The Lady of the Harvest smiled at Belle as she placed a hand on the girl's head. "I am Illnara. How, little one did you know that I was a goddess?"
    Currently Playing

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Amoros' Farm, Tixial - Illnara, Harem Girls, Amoros

Illnara grabbed belle under the arm and lifted her up from her knee. "Nobody kneels before me, girl. Not even the Orks in my own temple.... but of course, you dont even know about them. Hmmm..." The Lady of the Harvest smiled at Belle as she placed a hand on the girl's head. "I am Illnara. How, little one did you know that I was a goddess?"
    ... Belle wasn't really sure how to answer that. She wasn't entirely sure how she knew that Illnara was a goddess either. Sure, she was wearing local flora as clothing and was a pretty lady with bark-colored skin and leaf-colored hair, but that didn't necessarily mean 'goddess'. She could have been a dryad with odd fashion sense. So why...

Belle opened her mouth and shut it a couple of times before hesitantly responding, "You and Amoros both have this... glow. Like, not a literal glow, but... You're so... self-assured. Confident. Regal." She looked up to the goddess' eyes. "And... you're both..." She hesitated as she tried to find the right word. "Ideal. Like, 'this is what a goddess should and would look like'. I know a tree is a tree because it's big, made of wood and has leaves. I just... not really sure how else to put it."

Illnara was drawing other eyes now. The other farmhands were making their way over - Belle was the hardest working among them, so if she'd stopped to talk to this stranger, something was up.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Mountain March - Da Orks, Monks
    Spoiler
    Show

"Continyah! To Da Mountain! Climbin' Da Big Rock! Ha!" The Orks shouted out, dancing and roaring with cheer. They definitely were not built for the monastary life.
    The climb up the mountain for the Ogres was much the same as it was for the elves. Harsh and unforgiving.

Even with their larger and hardier bodies, there is so much that mere biology could do against the biting snow and ice. Some of their fungal forms atrophied and crumbled frozen and dead in the blizzards during that climb. Most of them turned white due to their bodies constantly trying to adapt. There was no need for chlorophyll when the sun hardly gave any sustenance.

Eventually, they too reached the top of the mountain and saw the Glass Cathedral. Its towers absolutely clear and see through, and a strange glow coming from underneath it.

But unlike for the elves the Ogres' climb was not a spiritual journey. It was an annoyance.

The ogre in charge of the expedition was in no mood for a polite knock on the Glass Door. He walked toward the Cathedral, lifted his foot and smashed it against the Portal while yelling

Too Cold Out Here! Ya Let us IN!

The Glass door cracked and shattered. Its ice shards fell in a cascade - tinkling and breaking further against the frozen floor. The cracks from the kick extended further into the structure. The Ogres yelled in excitement and ran into the Cathedral to take their prize.

But there was no one there. Just the cold gears of Winter.

Behind them, they saw the cracks begin to meld and out of thin air a cold so intense that the very air itself froze into a brand new perfect glass door.

And a voice spoke to them. A voice without gender or anger.

Welcome Mortals.

A Deal with Glory

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Raelzun Sea Alcove

Spoiler
    Show
    Kaylee liked the new muse better than Hesh instantly. There was something about Hesh that seemed innately unpoetic to her, something against the spirit of higher art.

"Greetings muse of glory," Kaylee said, "I am Kaylee, musarch of the Merfolk Kingdom. Your offer is appealing, but there must be more to art than just the deification of one person. You see, I am more concerned with the continued existence of pure art and music at its finest and for everyone to enjoy. Your offer is tempting, but what if we were to amend it so that only half of all art must be about me, or if each singer were to only be able to sing about herself?"

The Muse played coyly with her diamond earrings:

You understand that we were not meant for deals - we are still learning what is to our advantage. We weren't created with wants - we were merely made to inspire. If their is one good our servitude has done is imbue us with our own agency. As such, it is disheartening to see you treat with me so rudely. Negotiating terms? I could say no like Hesh - and all you would be left with is Winter or a harsher deal.

The Muse yawned . . .

Very well . . . if I am to be taken advantage of let us make it every three songs out of five shall be about you.

She extends both her hands palms up, inviting the Musarch to take them to signify the contract.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Amoros' Farm, Tixial - Illnara, Belle, Amoros and the rest of his harem girls.

Illnara tried to stop it from coming on but she couldn't do so and the muscular dirt-covered goddess let out a booming laugh, loud deep and rumbling as if the earth itself rolled through her laughter. "Ha! Regal, girl? You have a strange thought of Regal!" Illnara slapped a calloused hand down upon Belle's shoulder and grinned a wide grin.

Mountain March

The surviving Orks, 4 Ogres, an Ork and a goblin stood in the center of the Cathedral. The largest Ogre, seemingly in-charge of the group shouted out in response to the unknown voice, his single bulging red eye looking around the Cathedral for the source of the voice but sees nothing.

"Oi! Me herin' Joo be givin' out deals! Me Orks got magics but we wan' more magics! Joo give us magics!"
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-06-19 at 12:49 PM.
    Currently Playing

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Amoros' Farm, Tixial - Illnara, Belle, Amoros and the rest of his harem girls.

Illnara tried to stop it from coming on but she couldn't do so and the muscular dirt-covered goddess let out a booming laugh, loud deep and rumbling as if the earth itself rolled through her laughter. "Ha! Regal, girl? You have a strange thought of Regal!" Illnara slapped a calloused hand down upon Belle's shoulder and grinned a wide grin.
    "So I've been told." Belle smirked. "In my case it means that much like the kings and queens of the world, you're very wardrobe challenged. Amoros is always naked and you're wearing banana leaves... granted, you both make it work, but still." Belle dusted off her pants. "Anyway. Lemme try that introduction again." She sweeped her arm over the land behind her. "Greetings. I am Belle, one of the god Amoros' brides and owner of this fine farm (technically). What would you like to see?"

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #320
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

The Dreamlands, Castle Dreaming

Morgorach did not enjoy the booming sound of his own voice, but the Lucid Dreams did a poor job as spokesperson, so the Dream God resorted to action instead. Standing up from his throne he walked down to the cowering Tork and stood a hand to him. In Morgorach's hand there was a small dream, a key, and it was free. The key was Tork and he could go anywhere, unlock any door and be as free as he wanted to be.

"Tork! Joo brave, joo stron'." The small dream Tork spoke to the big Tork. "Joo no be fraid o' nofin', joo free! Joo can be anyfin' joo want, anywhere joo want!" Then he jumped out of Morgorach's sandy hand and disappeared into a green glade full with orks Tork was familiar with, family and friends all.

The Mosaic stood up again closing his hands and waving to Tork he was allowed to leave, to go back home. All Tork needed to do was wish it with his little Ork heart. Tork was now entrusted with an amazing power and he would have to bear its responsibility, too. Morgorach made clear that he would always be watching him.
    I have no home, I have no land. But it doesn’t trouble me. As I lay beside the fire; I am easy to inspire. There is little I require.

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    A Deal with Glory

The Muse played coyly with her diamond earrings:

You understand that we were not meant for deals - we are still learning what is to our advantage. We weren't created with wants - we were merely made to inspire. If their is one good our servitude has done is imbue us with our own agency. As such, it is disheartening to see you treat with me so rudely. Negotiating terms? I could say no like Hesh - and all you would be left with is Winter or a harsher deal.

The Muse yawned . . .

Very well . . . if I am to be taken advantage of let us make it every three songs out of five shall be about you.

She extends both her hands palms up, inviting the Musarch to take them to signify the contract.
    Kaylee bowed low, "I am sorry for my offense, glorious Farals, I assure you none was intended." She considered explaining that she merely had to look out for her people, no matter what, but decided that flattery was a more potent option.

She looked uneasy, but did not want to displease Farals any further. "Three out of five, then," she said, and took The Muse's hands. "And glory to us both."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Kaylee bowed low, "I am sorry for my offense, glorious Farals, I assure you none was intended." She considered explaining that she merely had to look out for her people, no matter what, but decided that flattery was a more potent option.

She looked uneasy, but did not want to displease Farals any further. "Three out of five, then," she said, and took The Muse's hands. "And glory to us both."
    Farals smiled and stated

No, my dear. Glory to you and you alone.

And with that the deal was struck - Merfolk could avoid Winter's tax on music if only every three of every five pieces of art was dedicated and symbolized the Musarch.

Farals would have their winter days. . . what she would do with them. . . who knew what one does with a snow flurry or two? The muse slowly dissipates as if she was never there and the Musarch was struck by inspiration.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mountain March

The surviving Orks, 4 Ogres, an Ork and a goblin stood in the center of the Cathedral. The largest Ogre, seemingly in-charge of the group shouted out in response to the unknown voice, his single bulging red eye looking around the Cathedral for the source of the voice but sees nothing.

"Oi! Me herin' Joo be givin' out deals! Me Orks got magics but we wan' more magics! Joo give us magics!
    "
    The Cathedral, which to the Ogres sounded as if it was speaking all around them - from the floor, the walls, the ceiling, the gears, the doors, the hinges, the windows and all the other minor mechanisms that made Anlorem, Anlorem, spoke.

Yes. There is a Price, but I expect you to know that, as you have made this journey to me. Very well. You have a language - the Green Tongue. It is the speech of summer and spring. I shall teach you a new language, you may call it the Tongue without Color. Those Ogres whom cast their spells with it, shall be the strongest mages of their level of skill in the world. For each spell cast, dependent on the strength of the caster, there shall be an extra hour of winter wherever you and your cousins dwell. Is this acceptable?

Spoiler
    Show
    Offering the following blessing:

Ogres will know a new language - the Tongue without Color - and those mages who cast spells with it will be treated as if their CA is +2 (thus making them stronger than any other mage of that level, but other races can still be stronger). Additionally for each spell cast their shall be an hour of winter equal to the Casters casting level not including the bonus from this blessing.

The Cathedral rotates, and speaks again

I also offer another deal if any of you wish to accept. I offer to REFORGE you in the heart of winter. Greater power for the price of a Service. These two deals are separate, and you may choice either, both or none.

Spoiler
    Show
    Offering to make GIANTS a subrace of Ogres for the following prices - they will live in the antarctic continent instead of the arctic, and they will be charged with expanding the antarctic continent. I will give them the ability to have Winter Magic (they will still have the ogre colorless tongue bonus) for your land action to make the continent bigger.

23. - Top - End - #323

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Markadelf View Post
    "Ehh, as a dignified T-Rex I happen to know that there is very little out there that I can't just eat. A few varieties of squishy pink ones exist. The texture is about the same but the taste varies vastly. The Juresh are big, poisonous spiders, but I guess you already know that. They are safe to eat for the most part, (The venom neds to get into the bloodstream to be truly dangerous, but it is not) and they taste pretty good. Some worms are seen sometimes, but they mostly stay down south. The meat is a tad too dry in my opinion anyway. The getter beasts are a bit annoying. Not enough meat to elicit the effort of trying, not to mention the risk. I believe that is about it, but new creatures appear often enough that you must be ready for anything."
    "Very well then, we will go out exploring, and we will find what we find."

The next morning, their party of 8 humans and 3 T-Rexes set off from their fort in the trees, in search of new life, and new civilization. Among them are Tim, Lorelei, and other sorcerers, each capable of manipulating vines and throwing firebolts, and each having a few spells they alone had mastered. Tim had with him his hatchet, bow, and arrows. Lorelei had brought several bottles of the secret cure to the Juresh poison. Tim and Lorelei rode together on Phil, and 3 sorcerers each rode on Sharnille and the third T-rex. They rode bareback, which was rather uncomfortable, but they had gotten used to it. They left their fort, a little more than a stone's throw from the coliseum, and headed west across Tixial.

When they came across a worm, one of the rexes chewed it in half. When they came across a juresh, whoever spotted it would call out, "Spider!" and anyone who could see it would fireball it. This group knew how to survive out here, and kept their eyes peeled from danger.

The Tower of Sorcery- Ugot Black-Gut

Ugot Black-Gut, an Ogre sorcerer had traveled down from the mountains upon hearing word of a grand tower magically appearing upon the shores of Raelzun's Inner Sea.

He stopped to admire the sight of the tower, letting out a low and drawn out whistle as all four yellow eyes fixed on the tower. "Dat be big tower!" exclaimed the ogre as he lumbered his way over and across the moat which surrounded the tower.

He stopped at the tower's huge ornate door before conjuring up a massive ghost like fist, easily twice the Ogre's size and used it to knock on the door with enough force and sound to emulate a battering ram.

"Ey! Anybody be home!? Joo open up fer Ugot!"
    Without as much as a whisper, the door creaked open under its own animation, revealing a vacant hall with red carpet, encircling a missing center column where staircases float in mid air, moving from one height to another, and forming chains of stairs from one floor to the next. There's a railing around most of the cavity, except right in front, where the start of a path, a landing, extrudes a few feet into the cavity. As Ugot Black-Gut approaches the landing, a staircase leading down slides into place.

The Tower of Sorcery

Before Ugot Black-Gut came along, the tower had already had three visitors.

That morning, Jeyne had convinced Burne to get off work and hang out with her. Merfolk teens these days had resorted to tanning, flirting, and travel much more now that music was not the most popular hobby. Another acquaintance, a girl slender redheaded girl named Stella, decided to tag along and neither Jeyne nor Burne objected to her company.

The trio had been playing a sort of no-rules tag game when they neared the tower. Burne was it at the time, so Jeyne and Stella dashed into the sea weed in an attempt to get away. They went in somewhat different directions, Stella charging head-first without as much regard for her safety as Jeyne, who seemed to study the seaweed as she went.

"You guys," Burne called, "I don't think we should be here." They were all aware of the tower, but no one had made a comment on it. Burne just assumed they weren't going to get too close. He had assumed wrong.

Reluctantly, Burne swam slowly into the seaweed. He even drew his trident which had previously been secured to his back. Just in case.

As he proceeded into the vegetation, he heard a rustle coming from his left. "Who's there? He asked as bravely as he could. The young Merman wasn't sure whether he sounded frightened or confident; it was probably somewhere in between.

Then, as if from nowhere, Burne heard something from behind him. Before he could turn around- "Ahw!" Jeyne pounced on him. She thought it would be amusing to try to scare him, so had made the rustle in the seaweed with her necklace of bones, then sneaked behind him without him knowing by swimming underneath him. It was really a well-executed plan.

"Eep!" was the only noise that Burne made, and when he whirled around he flung his trident a few feet away from him instead of pointing it at Jeyne.

Jeyne laughed wildly. "Is that all you've got? Oh, you'll make a fine soldier one day." Burne reddened as Jeyne continued laughing. She shoved him lovingly, pushing him back, and he picked up his trident again. "Eep? Is that all you've got?" she jeered.

In the midst of Jeyne getting one last laugh in at the poor boy's expense, Stella yelled out, "hey, guys, I think I found something over here."

So the couple stopped their bantering and went over to see what Stella had found. Sure enough, she had found something; a small opening on the side of the tower. All three of them peered into it for a moment, speechless, each of them considering what to do.

Burne was the first to speak, "well, obviously, we need to get out of here."

Jeyne just gave him a long look, "sure we do, obviously we haven't proved ourselves enough of a guppy for one day." She meant it with love.

"Now, let's not go attacking anyone's character," Stella said, stopping any further teasing in its tracks.

"Ok, but for real," Jeyne said, "don't we kind of owe it to the Merfolk kingdom to find out who our new neighbors are? I was there when we first encountered the Orks and it went great! Besides, for all we know this could have something to do with the linking of music to winter... wouldn't you like to be the hero who returns free music to Raelzun?" She tapped the center of Burne's chest on hero and said the word with a flare of flirtation.

"Even if," Brune replied, and stuttered because he was caught slightly off guard, "even if this has something to do with music going wrong, that only makes it more potentially dangerous. It's dangerous already, and besides, we don't own this tower. It isn't the right thing to just go barging in."

Stella had remained quite for this entire time so far. After thinking things over, she replied, "I agree with Jeyne. This tower showed up at about the same time as the music went sour, so it might well have something to do with it. Plus, we don't have much better to do, other than sun ourselves, let's cltivate our sense of adventure."

"Okay," Bunre replied very hesitantly, "but I'll go in first."

Both girls looked at him for a moment, then at each other, conveying a no.

"No," Stella said, "I made this call, I should be the one to do it. I'll go alone at first so if something happens to me right away, the two of you can find help." The other two got a sense that she wanted to do this, so they let her go as she said.

And so first one, then three Merfolk entered into the tower of sorcery.
    The path slants upwards, it turns to the right, and the three come to surface in a room where they are in a pool of water. There are stone steps leading out of the water, and a wooden door in the back of the room. On the other side is a landing, overlooking a pit that goes down as far as the eye can see, and above it, tiers of floors reaching up into the heavens. It's a big tower. A stairway leading up arrives at their landing.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm pretty busy today, sorry, but this is all I can post until later.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Mountain March

The Ogre yanked a bone-knife from his waist before slicing his hand open and allowing blood to flow freely from his clenched fist and onto the floor. The blood pooled and sizzled and the Ogre shouted "Joo gots deal!"

The frozen land yanked an lurched in response to the deal as frozen earth roze from the sea and expanded it to thrice it's original size, firmly connecting it to Norian.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Giants will no longer technically be Orks. They will be yours, free to do with as you like.

Spoiler: AP
    Show

+4 Rollover
    -1AP Alter Action, Bigger Arctic, more space for giants!
    3AP Remains

Currently Playing

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

The Tower of Sorcery - Ugot Black Gut

"Ey!" The Ogre shouted out as he stomped down the staircase, grunting with every step he took, all 4 eyes scanning for danger. "Ey! Joo come out!"
    Currently Playing

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Angsty Anubite View Post
    The Trade
    Hive Al'Anzur

With the exception of Jakov, each human seemed comfortable in their abodes, or at least not showing fear. Questions were asked and answers were given, some expressionless, others invested in the questions and one human female even shared a joke with an undead, which began a long and lengthy explanation of the concept of humor. After the woman finally gave up and retired to bed, she heard the Weaver exclaim in the halls of the hive "Oh, wait! It gets it!" Followed by a sound similar to rocks colliding with glass on a windy night. That night she dreamt of spiders and bony barmen.

All the while, whether fearful or brave, the humans watched and observed the goings-on in the hive, taking everything in...

When the humans moved to the Hive's center Jakov took one look at the massive structure rising out of the ground and said "Nope, not going there—oh all right, woman!" A strong female began dragging him to the seats before the bone pillar.
    A small contingent of Speakers moved to stand opposite the humans, holding fast in the pit of flesh and bone. Once the humans have settled or at least the ones who weren't busy being drunk the Speakers opened their mouths wide in unison as if to speak though instead of words void black flames began to spew from their mouths and coil about the massive bone helix's that dominated the flesh pit. Their bodies slumped before the pit lurched and surged as if boiling as the rotting pool moved up and knit itself about the bones until a long serpentine neck radiated out of the now empty pool. The other bone and skin built up around a massive maw as it loomed over the humans, a voice like a hundred speaking in unison soon issued from the almost dragon like mouth. "Welcome Humans. Long have you spent with the Hive. We ask you now, was your initial unease warranted?"

Elsewhere in the other Hives similar rituals were being preformed as each of the central bodies within the Hives lurched and moved with life and soon a will not present before within the Breath asserted itself. Where the skeletal dead were the fingers and hands of the Hive and the Bone Weavers their directors and where the Speech Weavers were the mouth of the Hive now there was a mind as the great beasts formed within their artificial wombs, new purpose wrested over the Hives and the Webways they connected thrummed with life as the Undead began to stretch their fingers towards each Hive deep beneath the eyes of the living like the roots of a warped tree. The breath of the Great Dracolichs were made of nightmares and terrors and could drive any man to madness if caught in their void black flames as they were the essence of the Breath itself. As the beating heart and mind at the core of a Hive the protection of the Dracolich was parmount and should one fall it is said that the undead of the Hive would mutate and grow until there were a number of yet more Dracoliches that would flee through the Webway to make Hives all their own.

Spoiler: AP Expenditures
    Show

Create Fabled Life: Dracolich - 5 AP

5 AP - 5 AP = 0 APg
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-06-21 at 01:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327

The path slants upwards, it turns to the right, and the three come to surface in a room where they are in a pool of water. There are stone steps leading out of the water, and a wooden door in the back of the room. On the other side is a landing, overlooking a pit that goes down as far as the eye can see, and above it, tiers of floors reaching up into the heavens. It's a big tower. A stairway leading up arrives at their landing.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm pretty busy today, sorry, but this is all I can post until later.
    The teens looked around, examining the strange interior and the stairways around them. None of them had any thoughts about going back without investigating further at this point.

"I can go first this time, I might be the stealthiest out of the three of us," Burne said.

"I don't know," Stella replied, "I went first the last time, and I'd feel bad if something happened to one of you. It can be a cruel world."

"Well, we've made it this far," retorted Burne.

"Actually," Jeyne cut in, "Burne can move quite quietly if he wants to. I know he doesn't look it, but you can slow your decision a bit miss eager beaver."

They talked for a bit more but it was ultimately decided that Burne would go up the staircase first, with his trident drawn and checking for traps, Stella would be second, and Jeyne would go last. All three were trying to move as silently as possible.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2015-06-20 at 08:52 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328

BlueWizardGirl

To find out what they had lost

Cereim knew if she had her chance, that she could make those people dance, and maybe they'd be happy for a while. She sat alone by a clear running stream, and sent Niks on her way. At first, she didn't know what happened. Then she noticed something on her cheek. It was a single, very wet tear. The tear was very warm, and she felt it roll down her cheek, cross her lips, and drip off of her chin. At last she realized what had changed, as she wiped the moisture from her face, whispering under her breath. "What happened to the music? Where has it gone?" She sighed. And my gift as well. She stood up and looked around. She was going to search for whomever was responsible for this, or for now, whomever so much as knew much about it.
    On her search, Cereim got upset. She summoned up a whirlwind, and threw energy at it in a fit of hysteria. Trees were bending, boulders were flying, and there was even some fire swirling about. How could the very expression of passion, the medium of emotion go quietly into the night!? She threw one last lightning bolt into the whirlwind she had brewed, before she saw a flash of light, and felt a wave of euphoria, briefly silencing her. Her whirlwind settled down, and out of it emerged the form of a large hawk with turquoise eyes. Valendron was born. Cereim knew what this meant. She was a mother now. The feeling was so powerful that she almost forgot that she was grieving for the loss of art.

"Hello, my child. Welcome to this world. I am your mother, Cereim. I would love to show you the wonders that exist, but I find myself stuck on recent events. I must find out what happened; all forms of art have been silenced by an unknown force. It feels that the very soul of expression has died. I have wept, and I go now to seek and investigate the cause. If you feel as I do, come with me, and we will find the truth together."

Spoiler: AP Actions and more
    Show

Welcome to the game, Drowlord!

Starting AP: 5
    Rollovr: +4
    Ending AP:9

To people exploring the tower, I have to think about what I'm going to have you find, and I want to take the time to write up the post correctly, and I might not get to it until tomorrow night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

The Skies above Tixial
    Hmm, so the Juresh and the worms have worked out quite nicely. I need something new though. Something no one would expect. Oh, I've got it!!! Raxmos thought as he created new life forms.

Spoiler
    Show

Rollover + 4
    Start AP 10
    Fabled Life: Roc Lobsters - 5
    End AP 5

Roc Lobsters: Giant Lobsters with even bigger wings. Size category gargantuan. They are very hostile, flying creatures that nest around Tixial. They fly high and far but generally stay in Tixial for the same breeding reason that the purple worms stay in South Tixial. They have the ability to blend in with their surroundings by changing colors. They eat meat and plants. Their claws are strong enough to snap a T-Rex in two with ease. They nest on the ground but spend most of their lives in the air.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

30. - Top - End - #330

On her search, Cereim got upset. She summoned up a whirlwind, and threw energy at it in a fit of hysteria. Trees were bending, boulders were flying, and there was even some fire swirling about. How could the very expression of passion, the medium of emotion go quietly into the night!? She threw one last lightning bolt into the whirlwind she had brewed, before she saw a flash of light, and felt a wave of euphoria, briefly silencing her. Her whirlwind settled down, and out of it emerged the form of a large hawk with turquoise eyes. Valendron was born. Cereim knew what this meant. She was a mother now. The feeling was so powerful that she almost forgot that she was grieving for the loss of art.

"Hello, my child. Welcome to this world. I am your mother, Cereim. I would love to show you the wonders that exist, but I find myself stuck on recent events. I must find out what happened; all forms of art have been silenced by an unknown force. It feels that the very soul of expression has died. I have wept, and I go now to seek and investigate the cause. If you feel as I do, come with me, and we will find the truth together."

Spoiler: AP Actions and more
    Show

Welcome to the game, Drowlord!

Starting AP: 5
    Rollovr: +4
    Ending AP:9

To people exploring the tower, I have to think about what I'm going to have you find, and I want to take the time to write up the post correctly, and I might not get to it until tomorrow night.
    Wind, and then wavering breath. Eyes blinked as the figure coalesced.

Greetings, mother. I have only now become form, and yet I find form itself restricted. The very air seems tense, somehow. Still, I will follow, and we will see if art may be restored.

A gentle breeze plucks a glittering tear from the ground, encircling it and wreathing it into solidity. The same balmy current deposits this wind-wreathed tear into Cereim's hands. Until you hear new songs, may this dry your eyes at very least.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show
    Starting AP: 15

Create Artifact: Cereim's Tear; -4 AP
    Cereim's Tear is a single tear wrapped in gale-force winds, forming a sort of bauble. The holder may focus on a concept and be able to perceive events from the past related to this concept. Thus, a holder focused on fire may see a volcano in the bauble, or hear the sounds of crackling flames. The longer the holder focuses, the more clarity and accuracy they may access memories with.

15-4=11 AP remaining
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.