New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: A Time Forgotten IC

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    The small posse continues to follow until the Clan stops, only the more Elven figure stepping forward sensing the tension in the air. "This one speaks for Al'Hiraz. It would speak with your Brood Leader. Al'Hiraz means it no harm, this one has brought a gift. May this one move forward to present it?" The Bone Weavers in the back remain motionless like statures, only the Speaker twitching and glancing about as if hearing invisible sounds.
    The elves hold their weapons tighter. Feeling the tension rising among his kin the one who had proclaimed to be Anghal Sur raises a fist. The troops relax, a little, but they are still wary.

"Question wasn't answered. What are you? Whatever you are, I can hear you well from where I stand, you can hear me well from where you stand. No need to approach. Now the free and proud don't take gifts, for a gift is an open contract. State whate are you and what you want in return for an unsolicited gift and we might see."
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

[Elven Clans]
    The Sur's Clan

The elf-like creature turns at the more direct question, huddling with the others that followed behind it though if they spoke it was nothing the Elves could hear though the Speech Weaver turns back swiftly enough. "This one is the speaker for Al'Hiraz. We are Al'Hiraz. This one dwells beneath the ground where the orb of fire cannot reach. Al'Hiraz tends the dead so the world will not forget. This one asks for two breeding pairs from your...clan...so that way may catalog your knowledge in the event that should that one's people are destroyed they will not be forgotten. These ones will be returned to Brood Leader Anghal Sur once Al'Hiraz is done. This one asks for Brood Leader Anghal Sur's cooperation. This one hopes this answers the Brood Leader's inquiry."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

[Elven Clans]
    The Sur's Clan

The elf laughs. He raises his hand towards his turban and pulls it down to laugh some more. He turns to the fellow at his side and pats him in the shoulder.

"We care for our own. Our memories are ours. Your request is denied speaker. My kin aren't broodmares and aren't for sale. If you wish to learn come forward. Join the clan and ride with us. When you decide you are done learning you'll be free to go."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

[City of Greylith]

The Bone Weaver holding the offered cloak gently sets it on the ground, not seeming to be concerned with the aggressive human though scuttles back to its collective swiftly once the task is complete. "This one is disappointed. Is there nothing it can do to assure the Brood Leader it has no ill intent? We have reached out to the T-Rax Hive as well. The Breath has reached out to all the other Hives in this manner in lands beyond the waters. We seek. Perhaps it can bring harmony to that one's Hive? Fighting only increases The Breath's desire to compile information. We would grieve if this Hive was lost."
    Lands beyond the waters? Ramesh made note of this as he built up his response. "You will not take any citizens from Greylith. That is my final answer. Leave now. Perhaps you'll fare better with the wild humans in the deep jungles."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Angsty Anubite View Post
    Lands beyond the waters? Ramesh made note of this as he built up his response. "You will not take any citizens from Greylith. That is my final answer. Leave now. Perhaps you'll fare better with the wild humans in the deep jungles."
    "This one will return." The Speech Weaver offers, not hint of malice or anger present in it's tone though considering the general lack of emotions the creature conveyed at all it may be a failing of the being or an actual lack of anger. The thong slowly scuttle away however the crude gift is left laying on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    [Elven Clans]
    The Sur's Clan

The elf laughs. He raises his hand towards his turban and pulls it down to laugh some more. He turns to the fellow at his side and pats him in the shoulder.

"We care for our own. Our memories are ours. Your request is denied speaker. My kin aren't broodmares and aren't for sale. If you wish to learn come forward. Join the clan and ride with us. When you decide you are done learning you'll be free to go."
    The Speech Weaver blinks, an unsettling sight, before affecting it's best imitation of a laugh (also unpleasent) which the thong behind do their best to mimic with hisses and clicks. "The Brood Leader misunderstands. This one does not wish to make livestock of you. The dead do not have the ability to feed such a thing and the dead have nothing to barter. This one extends only the offer of cooperation. But the Brood Leader has given it's answer. This one hopes it reconsiders in time." The posse then turn, leaving behind the offered cloak as they slip back out into the rocky landscape.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The Void

The Dweller span around the sun in a lazy arc, her vision dancing from star to star. She fretted over the constellations like a fussy housekeeper, nudging and prodding.

She was content with them, more or less. However, they still rather warranted a final inspection; the goddess was running into the difficulties inherent with looking at things from too close.

It might well be better to look at the constellations from their intended viewing point. The Dweller had yet to walk, er, hover the earth.

Her vision turned from the distant stars to the sparkling half-lit world. A good location was always everything. She marked up the prominent mountain as a the best location, but scanned the rest of the world for thoroughness sake.

There were elves riding across burned deserts, giant dinosaurs warring for dominance, a lovely human city and- what was that

The goddess saw strange little things- like things dead that still moved. While those were at least vaguely familiar in the center were.. somethings. Somethings she had no name for.

That situation wouldn't do at all. The Dweller postponed her stargazing for the more immediate task at hand, and descended from the void.

Near the City of Greylith

The approach of the Dweller was, at first, a subtle thing. She dove towards the world like a falling star, visible at first as a mere pinprick of light and expanding into a rippling thousand-color comet.

Knowing full well that the world was used to smaller things, the goddess diminished her form to the more reasonable size of a large hill. Still, the mass of shifting, folding and twirling wings caused a strong wind to whip across the city as she occluded a non-insignificant portion of the night sky above the representatives of the hive.

As the area was bathed in her opalescent radiance, the Dweller spoke in a high voice with usually precise diction.

"Hail and good greetings, child of mystery. Mortals call me the Dweller. Forgive me my rudeness, but might I inquire as to what form of being you are?"
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Near the City of Greylith

The approach of the Dweller was, at first, a subtle thing. She dove towards the world like a falling star, visible at first as a mere pinprick of light and expanding into a rippling thousand-color comet.

Knowing full well that the world was used to smaller things, the goddess diminished her form to the more reasonable size of a large hill. Still, the mass of shifting, folding and twirling wings caused a strong wind to whip across the city as she occluded a non-insignificant portion of the night sky above the representatives of the hive.

As the area was bathed in her opalescent radiance, the Dweller spoke in a high voice with usually precise diction.

"Hail and good greetings, child of mystery. Mortals call me the Dweller. Forgive me my rudeness, but might I inquire as to what form of being you are?"
    The throng of undead stop as they view what might easily be mistaken as a falling star, the Speech Weaver moving forward as the odd light regards them. "This one speaks for Al'Anzur." it replies as genially a walking corpse could do, giving an awkward bow in the light's direction. "What Hive does that one speak for?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Dead Contact
    Da Greenthumb Boyz Farms, Norian
    Illnara, Al'Anzur delegates

One of the Orks, a larger one quickly thumped a smaller Ork, a goblin on the shoulder and gave an order. "Joo go find Mudda! Tell her we be havin' visitas!" The goblin simply nodded and ran off into the fields.

Illnara areived a short time later, her stature easily a couple feet taller than the tallest of the Orks. The goddess gazed upon the corpse creatures. She spoke to them, her usually cheerful and hearty mood replaced with slight irritation. "I am Illnara, Lady of the Harvest and Mother of the Orks. You who walk upright though you smell like a corpse...Why do you approach the Children of Nature so?"
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

9. - Top - End - #99

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Markadelf View Post
    In the Jungle
    "Well crud," Phil said, "Guess today is not my day, now is it?" Phil sighed, resigning himself to whatever his fate might be.

The Mighty Jungle
    Sharnille sighed as shell fell and hit her face on the ground, Well, crud, she thought as she slowly began to attempt to rise. The other T-rexes began to scatter, deeming this prey to be worth less than the effort it would take to chase them further into the thicket.
    In The Jungle

It did not take long for one of the sorcerers to throw vines around Sharnille. When Tim saw the tyrannosaurs routing, a smile gleamed across his face. "Guess not, wait here." Not that there was much else a T-Rex tangled in vines a few stories above the ground could do. A killer instinct taking over, Tim took off after the routing T-Rexes, determined to catch at least one more.
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2015-06-07 at 10:25 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Void

Kesshin watched the happenings of the world, seeing it all from the void of the space. That Tim fellow... He was an interesting one. Despite vowing revenge on the Getter Rays, he subcounsciously used them. Oh, not enough to make anything glow or shine or any such thing, but enough to have some sort of effect. He looked back towards the Humans that lived in the cities... Both of these two societies, or rather groups, could accomplish a lot. Tim and his group of the Wild, they were strong, they were determined. The Humans in the city? They were inventive and build up on what they had. Perhaps reintroducing one group back into the other might help...

He closed his eyes and went into slumber, for just a moment. He viewed the dreams of the humans of the city, of their weapons and armors. It interested him, quite a lot. With it, his appearance changed as an armor, based on the pattern of his body but more advanced, mechanical, metallic, with more dark orange replacing the white, appeared on his figure. The head of the armor held dark green spikes, radiating outward from it. Within it, the metal seemed to sprout roots, digging into his body and melding with it. Oh, he could make the helmet dissappear if he wished, but now? He and the armor were one... A symbol of his growing power, as he comprehended what has happened. He and the armor combined, melded... They Fused.

He flew throughout the dreamland, a pair of spike-like wings coming out of his back. This allowed him to increase his speed past anything he saw earlier. He knew that in the dreamlands, this was not his real body, and yet he was aware that the changes that happened to him here happened in the material world. As he flew, he yet again touched upon the dreams of the humans. And with each touched, they changed. Into dreams of metallic devices that stood taller than them, yet were based on their forms. Dreams of glory. Dreams about mysterious energy they might access... How long it will take them to reach that level to make such things? He didn't know. But they would know of them, and they would long for them. He only hoped his sibling would not kick his arse for stepping a bit into his domain. After all, what he did made sense. Not only it resembled his own transformation, but it might provide the humans with a way to contain his power even a bit, to collect it.

He woke up from his dream, looking upon the world. Yet he remained unaware of one thing. The woman of Tim's group, Hazel, has not died. Some of her new body has survived, recovering, rebuilding itself. The body she reassembled looked like her old body, with the exception of one eye, which was covered by her hair. Said eye was instead filled with some small writing tentacles with claws, with few eyes of the Gohma in it. She looked upon the place where she was as she realized that there was nobody around.

"This... This is where I died..." she thought to herself. She smirked as she looked upon the horizon before starting to walk, hoping to encounter a group of other Black Beasts. "They were fools to reject this... this glorious way to become better. Don't they realize? I survived, and if they too embraced the Getter, some would survive too and become like me. The greater being... Those that died were weak, they were weeded out."

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show

Starting AP: 3
    Rollover +4 AP
    Gain Domain -3 AP Fusion(Combination) (Actions taken towards: Create Fabled Concept: Getter Rays -4 AP; Create Fabled Life: Gohma -5 AP; Divine Infusion: Humans -3 AP;)
    Alter Action -1 AP Some Gohma or such might retain their intelligence, sometimes resembling their original forms but with signs of Gohma infection and mutations. They can, just like regular Gohma, change their shape into a different one. They are obsessed with a twisted idea of Darwinian Evolution and natural selection, thinking themselves to be result of it.
    Remaining AP: 3 AP
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2015-06-07 at 12:03 PM.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Dead Contact
    Illnara, Al'Anzur delegates, Karaziemia

The tree goddess perches over Illnara's shoulder observing with interest what the dead might answer.

"You look like one of my children, but you aren't one of my children. Why do you look like one?"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Messy Lamaniera View Post
    "What you would gain with it, however, is beyond monetary value."
    The Cathedral came to a sudden stop in its rotation, throwing Lucien off balance. If he cared to look he would see that the production of snowflakes increased as well. Indeed the blizzard visible through the walls was even fiercer. The Cathedral spoke again, but the tone was different. . . It spoke . . .

Imagine a straight stream of water from ceiling to floor. It doesn't drip nor deviate, it merely flows. Now imagine the coldest winter arriving suddenly and without warning - freezing that stream into place. Freezing it into the thinnest line of ice imaginable. Thin, fragile, and sharp as could be.

Now imagine that ice on your skin. Now, imagine it under your skin. Imagine it cutting away flesh like a chill wind cuts away comfort. Slicing just the thinnest layer off you.

Would that ice make you feel cold or hot?

The Cathedral's new tone brought up such question . . .

Nothing is Beyond Monetary Value

A pause - and the storm outside rendered the world WHITE.

I shall make a dream in your Lord's domain, on the condition that you never leave it. A small price paid by your lord for my investment.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-06-07 at 10:01 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    In The Jungle

It did not take long for one of the sorcerers to throw vines around Sharnille. When Tim saw the tyrannosaurs routing, a smile gleamed across his face. "Guess not, wait here." Not that there was much else a T-Rex tangled in vines a few stories above the ground could do. A killer instinct taking over, Tim took off after the routing T-Rexes, determined to catch at least one more.
    "What else am I gonna do?" Phil sighed, Well, I had a good run, I guess. I mean I got to watch the lands split. How cool is that? I was here before the humans existed. No, I was here before the land existed. How many can say that? Well, I guess the majority of the T-Rexes, but I still think it's cool!
    "You guys suck!" Sharnille barked as she struggled against the vines. It was futile. For every vine she broke, a few more took its place. Eventually, she couldn't move at all. Well, crud. Never even got the chance to show T-Rax that he isn't all that. What a punk. I blame him for this.
    The other T-Rexes were just calmly leaving the forest. Most were going in different directions and most did not seem to care what the others were doing.
    Last edited by Markadelf; 2015-06-07 at 10:54 AM.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

14. - Top - End - #104

BlueWizardGirl

"What else am I gonna do?" Phil sighed, Well, I had a good run, I guess. I mean I got to watch the lands split. How cool is that? I was here before the humans existed. No, I was here before the land existed. How many can say that? Well, I guess the majority of the T-Rexes, but I still think it's cool!
    "You guys suck!" Sharnille barked as she struggled against the vines. It was futile. For every vine she broke, a few more took its place. Eventually, she couldn't move at all. Well, crud. Never even got the chance to show T-Rax that he isn't all that. What a punk. I blame him for this.
    The other T-Rexes were just calmly leaving the forest. Most were going in different directions and most did not seem to care what the others were doing.
    Tim moved swiftly through the trees, pouncing on another tyrannosaur's back, entangling it the way he entangled Phil. He then jumped from its back, and continued his hunt. The next T-Rex he landed on thrashed, and tried to throw Tim off. Tim held tight, and crawled up to the dino's neck, where he delivered an arrow at point blank range. The beast collapsed to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Embarrassed, Cereim glanced at her feet for a moment. "Well. . . I haven't exactly created the arcane spark yet." She stretched her arms above her head, and returned her sight to Pisceanas. "I have created a system of 'magic' for mortals to use. Magic is a set of tools to shape the world around us. Any mortal with hands and a voice can learn the basics. For example, to conjure a small source of light or change the color of a garment. It's a force summoned by the will and spirit of the sorcerer, as I will call those who use this magic." She looked through the water with her goddess eyes, and examined one of the serpents she had danced so gracefully. It had no hands, and she certainly didn't expect one to talk. There was just a hint of disappointment in her eyes, but then she smiled. "I will create a powerful necklace called The Arcane Spark. It will be my tool for spreading the joy of sorcery."
    "Sorcery?" Pisceanas asked inquisitively. She didn't want to come off as too interested, as she didn't like to ever reveal her true interests, but this sounded intriguing. Besides, if one could get one's enemy to reveal themselves without revealing anything about oneself in the process, one had already won. That was the way she saw it anyways, although she hoped Cereim would be friendly. "Tell me more about sorcery, what can it do?" She figured it must have more of a purpose than decorative clothing, and was beginning to form an idea of her own. "How far do you expect it to spread?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

The Waking World

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    I shall make a dream in your Lord's domain, on the condition that you never leave it. A small price paid by your lord for my investment.
    Caught by surprise made Lucien lose all his grace and confidence... He stammered and stuttered and almost tripped on his own feet. Then came the ice, not physically alone, but metaphorically too. If there is a thing that can cut dreams deeper than a knife blade it is metaphors.

After considering this turn of events Lucien bowed profusely. "As you desire, O Great Cathedral." Completing that part of the deal, he disappears in thin air back to Castle Dreaming. Exiled from the Waking World. Forever.

The Dreamlands, Castle Dreaming

With a sigh Lucien came about his lords throne and reported what happened. He apologized and begged for forgiveness, but Morgorach just smiled at the Lucid Dream and waved away his worries, sending him back to work with a nod of approval.

Now to visit that old serpent, he wondered sleepily.

With eyes closed he dreamed of a dead man's dying breath. It fogged about his limp body lazily, so Morgorach snatched it with a quick motion of his starlight fingers.

The Twilight Grove

"Yen'Shi..." a skull spoke with a voice not of it's own. "He walks your domain bearing your unholy symbol. He wishes to... paaarlaaay."

Morgorach reaches down and picks up the lonesome skull with both his hands. He thanks the impromptu chaperon for that presentation.
    Last edited by Messy Lamaniera; 2015-06-07 at 01:58 PM.
    I have no home, I have no land. But it doesn’t trouble me. As I lay beside the fire; I am easy to inspire. There is little I require.

17. - Top - End - #107

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    "Sorcery?" Pisceanas asked inquisitively. She didn't want to come off as too interested, as she didn't like to ever reveal her true interests, but this sounded intriguing. Besides, if one could get one's enemy to reveal themselves without revealing anything about oneself in the process, one had already won. That was the way she saw it anyways, although she hoped Cereim would be friendly. "Tell me more about sorcery, what can it do?" She figured it must have more of a purpose than decorative clothing, and was beginning to form an idea of her own. "How far do you expect it to spread?"
    If there was any malice in Pisceanas's attitude, Cereim couldn't see it. "Sorcery can be used to do many things. One could learn how to move things with a gesture, throw balls of fire, hide in broad daylight, or even fly. But not typically without a lot practice." She puzzled for a moment, and ran her hand through her hair. "I should expect the world to know about it, and a few sorcerers may come from any corner of the world. I shall gather a few of them, teach them how to be masters, and raise a tower as their home. I don't know where I'm going to put it yet." She had hoped that Pisceanas would like her idea. She sought her sister's approval.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Dead Contact
    Illnara, Al'Anzur delegates

One of the Orks, a larger one quickly thumped a smaller Ork, a goblin on the shoulder and gave an order. "Joo go find Mudda! Tell her we be havin' visitas!" The goblin simply nodded and ran off into the fields.

Illnara areived a short time later, her stature easily a couple feet taller than the tallest of the Orks. The goddess gazed upon the corpse creatures. She spoke to them, her usually cheerful and hearty mood replaced with slight irritation. "I am Illnara, Lady of the Harvest and Mother of the Orks. You who walk upright though you smell like a corpse...Why do you approach the Children of Nature so?"
    "This ones speaks for Corpse Hive Al'Hiral, it has come to speak with the Brood Leader of this Hive. This one seeks two breeding pair of the Brood Leader's people so Al'Hiral may compile their knowledge should the unthinkable happen and their information be lost to this world." The Bone Weavers behind the speaker move discreetly, picking flowers carefully and tucking them into the body of the Speech Weaver, an unseen or unheard command and obviously an attempt to correct for the smell. "They will be returned unharmed once this one is finished." it adds swiftly.

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Dead Contact
    Illnara, Al'Anzur delegates, Karaziemia

The tree goddess perches over Illnara's shoulder observing with interest what the dead might answer.

"You look like one of my children, but you aren't one of my children. Why do you look like one?"
    The Speech Weaver turns as it's festooned with flowers, offering a strange mockery of a bow. "This one was made with the appearance of the most suitable living body so as to make communication easier between the Corpse Hive and the living things on this continent. Al'Hiral was unable to do so in an understandable way before this one's creation." It motions a hand, one of the Bone Weavers clicking and screeching as if to demonstrate the point. "Al'Hiral has no need for speech. But that one's have does not speak with the Breath of Undeath. So this one was required."

19. - Top - End - #109

Diplomacy is Dead

The king and his men watched the weavers leave. They stood there until they disappeared back into the depths of the night. Then the king breathed a sigh of relief as the outer gates were opened. The wall guards would later report that the fiends had disappeared into the forest, but their scouts would be able to keep track of them after they exited.

"Forget the scouts," Ramesh said to the Captain of the Guard. "We have more important things to worry about... other lands..."

A mostly-abandoned warehouse

WHAP.

"Again!"

WHAP.

"Harder!"

WHAP

"One more time!"

"You're not my boss, so SHUT UP!"

WHAPBOOOOOOMCRASH.

Leo and Lelina stared into the gaping hole in the shop.The metal beam Lelina had been punching now rested leaning against the wall of the next room, 20 feet away, now twisted and curled worse than any other block.

"Blade above, you..." Leo gulped, then looked over at Lelina, who was standing with her fist outstreached, breathing heavily... and glowing. A greenish, slightly blueish aura had overtaken her body, and the tips of her fingers were starting to blacken. "Lelina, stop!"

"I-I don't..." she collapsed on the floor, and the aura dispersed. Leo knelt at her side, and carefully examined her hands.

"This is fixable. This is totally fixable."

"S-s-sure..."

"A little chopping, some ointment, and in a week they'll be as good as new!"

"Chopping...?"

"Forget I said that last part." Leo put his arm under hers and lifted. "Comon, we need to get you to bed."

"More like the hospital..."

"And have them throw you into a cage? Or worse, the wilds? Here we go..." They shuffled over to another room. Leo took one last look at the dented metal in the other room, and smiled. "Need to make stronger stuff..." he muttered.

Spoiler: AP usage
    Show
    Starting AP: 4 (Rollover)

Create Mundane Concept - 1 AP: Rock Juice Medicine... and probably some flowers or something too. Basically humans got enough medicine to make cute oils and ointments, but it does little for the healing process, except perhaps stopping infections.

Remaining AP: 3

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Dead Contact
    Illnara, Karaziemia, Al'Anzur delegates

"No." said Illnara, firmly and without room for debate. "Your kind can learn of the living just fine...here. If you're honest and earnest of learning, you can stay here and speak with the Orks until you are satisfied. If you are dishonest and wish harm upon my children, deny my counter offer and leave, never to return."
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Tim moved swiftly through the trees, pouncing on another tyrannosaur's back, entangling it the way he entangled Phil. He then jumped from its back, and continued his hunt. The next T-Rex he landed on thrashed, and tried to throw Tim off. Tim held tight, and crawled up to the dino's neck, where he delivered an arrow at point blank range. The beast collapsed to the ground.
    "Agggggggggg, I'll haunt you till the end of your days, fool. Be certain this is not the end!" The T-Rex that was most certainly never going to be mentioned again said.

Spoiler
    Show
    So as far as the whole priest thing goes:
    The Gold Orb Raxmos is the patron deity of true warriors. To those who measure civilization by cloth or scratches on parchment, Raxmos's followers are called barbarians.
    Followers are encouraged to kill and wade into the thick of battle, ideally whilst properly garbed.
    Followers are discouraged from running away.
    Followers are forbidden from being weak losers.

So basically priests are expected to kill crap, go in guns blazing and be strong. Adoration in temples is considered a pointless vanity and is highly discouraged.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

22. - Top - End - #112

If there was any malice in Pisceanas's attitude, Cereim couldn't see it. "Sorcery can be used to do many things. One could learn how to move things with a gesture, throw balls of fire, hide in broad daylight, or even fly. But not typically without a lot practice." She puzzled for a moment, and ran her hand through her hair. "I should expect the world to know about it, and a few sorcerers may come from any corner of the world. I shall gather a few of them, teach them how to be masters, and raise a tower as their home. I don't know where I'm going to put it yet." She had hoped that Pisceanas would like her idea. She sought her sister's approval.
    "Hm," Pisceanas said, finishing the conception of her idea. She decided Cereim would not be an enemy, at least not for now. Perhaps she was rude and intrusive initially, but there was certainly something to be gained by staying on her good side. "As it seems that you want the world to know about your magic, I take it you would approve of an increase in its accessibility?" She grinned, and put her plan into fruition.

The Sea Serpents began swimming and writhing around the two goddesses, but their actions slowly became more and more fluid... like dancing. The water stirred at points and lit up with their movements, and Pisceanas knew that the action was complete.

"I have created a new form of your arts, sister, I hope you don't mind. I call it... glimmer dancing. You see, because my Sea Serpents have no hands, they are unfit to cast in your style of magic. I gave them the means to do so, although I think they are too capricious to be masters, they may benefit from learning a few tricks." The Sinister Mystery smiled again, but not in a sinister way- this time she hoped for mutual approval of what she had done.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 7 AP
    Alter Concept, Magic; now anyone who studies Sea Serpents (which is anyone who lives near any water) may learn glimmer dancing. It can essentially do anything that magic can do, but is a lot more fluid and underhanded as a force. Think bending from Avatar: TLA and LOK, especially how firebending was learned from serpentine dragons.
    -1 AP
    Rollover: +4 AP
    Ending with 10 AP
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2015-06-08 at 03:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

BlueWizardGirl

"Hm," Pisceanas said, finishing the conception of her idea. She decided Cereim would not be an enemy, at least not for now. Perhaps she was rude and intrusive initially, but there was certainly something to be gained by staying on her good side. "As it seems that you want the world to know about your magic, I take it you would approve of an increase in its accessibility?" She grinned, and put her plan into fruition.

The Sea Serpents began swimming and writhing around the two goddesses, but their actions slowly became more and more fluid... like dancing. The water stirred at points and lit up with their movements, and Pisceanas knew that the action was complete.

"I have created a new form of your arts, sister, I hope you don't mind. I call it... glimmer dancing. You see, because my Sea Serpents have no hands, they are unfit to cast in your style of magic. I gave them the means to do so, although I think they are too capricious to be masters, they may benefit from learning a few tricks." The Sinister Mystery smiled again, but not in a sinister way- this time she hoped for mutual approval of what she had done.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 8 AP
    Alter Concept, Magic; now anyone who studies Sea Serpents (which is anyone who lives near any water) may learn glimmer dancing. It can essentially do anything that magic can do, but is a lot more fluid and underhanded as a force. Think bending from Avatar: TLA and LOK, especially how firebending was learned from serpentine dragons.
    -1 AP
    Rollover: +4 AP
    Ending with 11 AP
    Cereim was overjoyed. "Great! Now they can use magic too! And perhaps they will find partners to dance with, and teach them their ways!" She didn't really consider how hostile the sea serpents usually are. She reached over to give Pisceanas a hug. "I've got to get going now, but I'll be sure to come visit!"

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

Cereim was overjoyed. "Great! Now they can use magic too! And perhaps they will find partners to dance with, and teach them their ways!" She didn't really consider how hostile the sea serpents usually are. She reached over to give Pisceanas a hug. "I've got to get going now, but I'll be sure to come visit!"
    Have you ever hugged a wet, stiff piece of wood? Few have, and even fewer have hugged Piesceanas, but if anyone had ever had the odd yet distinct displeasure of having hugged both of them, they would tell you that the two experiences are quite similar. Pisceanas tensed as Cereim embraced her, and tolerated but did not return the hug. "Yes, I suppose I'll see you around," she said with obvious emphasis on the last word. Around meaning to her something along the lines of not in my lair. She didn't entirely mind Cereim, of course, she found her interesting and useful, she was just far too useful for her own good- for anyone's good, she thought. She wouldn't object if someone were to teach her a lesson, although the Sinister Mystery certainly wouldn't be the one to do it.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Dead Contact
    Illnara, Karaziemia, Al'Anzur delegates

"No." said Illnara, firmly and without room for debate. "Your kind can learn of the living just fine...here. If you're honest and earnest of learning, you can stay here and speak with the Orks until you are satisfied. If you are dishonest and wish harm upon my children, deny my counter offer and leave, never to return."
    The Undead of Al'Hiraz grow silent, the Speaker only twitching now and then as it's quad-eyes scan their surroundings though soon the throng grow agitated, legs and limbs twitching in a varied display before the dead fell motionless once more. "This one understands. Al'Hiraz will be nearby. This one will send itself to learn. Al'Hiraz will require space to house itself, this one would not wish to make the Brood Leader and it's brood uncomfortable. Is this tolerable Brood Leader."

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show

Create Mundane Concept: Embassies

AP 2 - 1 = 1 AP

The Twilight Grove

"Yen'Shi..." a skull spoke with a voice not of it's own. "He walks your domain bearing your unholy symbol. He wishes to... paaarlaaay."

Morgorach reaches down and picks up the lonesome skull with both his hands. He thanks the impromptu chaperon for that presentation.
    Yen'Shi slowly rises from the pool at the center of the Twilight Grove, already having sensed the presence of another Divinity in it's realm. "It may speak." It offers, towering slowly over the Dream God as a hundred arms move to grip the edge of the pool. "What has Morgorach come to discuss with me, baring no gift and not speaking for itself?"
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-06-07 at 05:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

The Twilight Grove

Yen'Shi slowly rises from the pool at the center of the Twilight Grove, already having sensed the presence of another Divinity in it's realm. "It may speak." It offers, towering slowly over the Dream God as a hundred arms move to grip the edge of the pool. "What has Morgorach come to discuss with me, baring no gift and not speaking for itself?"
    Morgorach bows profusely to the Lord of the Dead, but it is the skull that speaks again. "He can't speeeak. His voice is too loud, he says, it makes him... uuuncomfortable. But he says he does bring giftsess."

Morgorach open his mouth and put out his tongue. Inside there was the dream of a universe, filled with all sorts of beings. This universe knew not death or the dead or the undying breath, they lived forever and no violence brought forth an end to them. It was cruel. Then a great shadow burst forth from a dying star and engulfed the entire universe. It brought with it a disease of the heart and the mind, a fear that shook the most brave to the very bone and a calming certainty that everything had an end. The dream ended and Morgorach closed his mouth.

"He says the Dreamlands are like that. Eternal in exissstence. That no one ever dreams of dying or death and that that was a disserviiiice to many. He wishes to... aaatone." the skull cackles dryly of something that it alone found funny. "It wishes for Yen'Shi to dream of the dead and bring death to the Dreamlands. What doesss Yen'Shi thinks?"

Spoiler: The Deal
    Show
    You know it, Razade. 1 AP and you get to build your own Dreamscape. The only rule is that no God or Mortal may ever hurt another God or Mortal in the Dreamlands or be forever banned from dreaming again.

Aside from that you can go nuts, if you accept it of course.
    I have no home, I have no land. But it doesn’t trouble me. As I lay beside the fire; I am easy to inspire. There is little I require.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

The Twilight Grove

Morgorach bows profusely to the Lord of the Dead, but it is the skull that speaks again. "He can't speeeak. His voice is too loud, he says, it makes him... uuuncomfortable. But he says he does bring giftsess."

Morgorach open his mouth and put out his tongue. Inside there was the dream of a universe, filled with all sorts of beings. This universe knew not death or the dead or the undying breath, they lived forever and no violence brought forth an end to them. It was cruel. Then a great shadow burst forth from a dying star and engulfed the entire universe. It brought with it a disease of the heart and the mind, a fear that shook the most brave to the very bone and a calming certainty that everything had an end. The dream ended and Morgorach closed his mouth.

"He says the Dreamlands are like that. Eternal in exissstence. That no one ever dreams of dying or death and that that was a disserviiiice to many. He wishes to... aaatone." the skull cackles dryly of something that it alone found funny. "It wishes for Yen'Shi to dream of the dead and bring death to the Dreamlands. What doesss Yen'Shi thinks?"

Spoiler: The Deal
    Show
    You know it, Razade. 1 AP and you get to build your own Dreamscape. The only rule is that no God or Mortal may ever hurt another God or Mortal in the Dreamlands or be forever banned from dreaming again.

Aside from that you can go nuts, if you accept it of course.
    Yet more of the dead God uncoiled itself from the pool as it wound about the God, plucking the speaking skull and tossing it at the Dreamer as yet more arms anchored the massive body to the ground. "I see no gifts." it offers, less accusing and more curious. "What can I do with this?" it questions, moving to face level with the other God as its lips enter a sneer. "Open your mouth again and I will show them a nightmare." The Corpse beast laughed, a small flame as black as the space between stars burned in it's many eyes as another arm reaches to pinch the Dreamer's mouth open if it does not volunteer. In another an equal flame burns, the intent obvious as it nears Morgorach's face.

Show

Alter Action: The Screaming Maelstrom -1

The Screaming Maelstrom is a mass of black storm clouds made of spiders and bone that moves through the Dreamlands. Any mortal caught within the storm is plagued by vicious nightmares usually manifesting as if a million insects had taken residence in their skulls. As per the laws of the Dream Lands it causes no harm to God or Mortal but one would certainly not have a pleasant night's sleep.

AP 1 -1 = 0 AP
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-06-07 at 08:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

BlueWizardGirl

"Agggggggggg, I'll haunt you till the end of your days, fool. Be certain this is not the end!" The T-Rex that was most certainly never going to be mentioned again said.
    After the T-Rex died, Tim and the others used their magic to have the vines transport the three they had captured all the way to the canopy where they had made their home. The T-Rexes saw their magnificent tree-forts with wooden bridges and multiple stories. The dinos were separated. "Don't look down, big guy." In fact, they had to be a dozen stories off of the ground. The speaker revealed himself to be Tim, who had come to check on Phil. With a stern expression, Tim declared, "You will fight for me. I will ride you into battle."

Have you ever hugged a wet, stiff piece of wood? Few have, and even fewer have hugged Piesceanas, but if anyone had ever had the odd yet distinct displeasure of having hugged both of them, they would tell you that the two experiences are quite similar. Pisceanas tensed as Cereim embraced her, and tolerated but did not return the hug. "Yes, I suppose I'll see you around," she said with obvious emphasis on the last word. Around meaning to her something along the lines of not in my lair. She didn't entirely mind Cereim, of course, she found her interesting and useful, she was just far too useful for her own good- for anyone's good, she thought. She wouldn't object if someone were to teach her a lesson, although the Sinister Mystery certainly wouldn't be the one to do it.
    Cereim did notice that Pisceanas did not embrace her warmly, but dismissed the happening. She took flight straight up, and out of the ocean. Breaking the surface, she danced off toward the larger continent, Norian.

Of gods and elves

She searched and she searched on Norian, but she could find no evidence of her magic on the continent. That was flustering. Did they just not know about it? She danced under the stars, and looked up at them. She too saw the constellation describing her magic. "Cool..." She wondered why nobody seemed to be using it.

She decided now was as good a time as ever. She covered her eyes with one hand and reached out her other hand, and grabbed a necklace from the darkness. It was beautiful, a platinum medallion on a silver chain. The medallion had a burst pattern etched into it. She had created what she would call, "The Arcane Spark," and with it, she would spread her magic throughout the human world.

She went to one particular clan of elves, the Drenzalli clan. She danced in front of their horses, and threw breathtaking pyrotechnics into the air with each step. The Drenzalli brought their spooked antelopes and chariots to a halt, and stood in awe of the dance of a goddess. She levitated a few feet above the ground as she spoke to them. "Come with me, and I will share what I know. I will shelter you and keep you nourished. You will be able to do these things and more. You will learn to do things that no elf ever dreamed of!" As she spoke the word, "these," she moved her hands in a complicated set of shapes, and summoned a mount of her own. It was a healthy female white horse, which contrasted the antelopes that the elves rode upon.

Cereim knew about Tim. He used her magic in the South. A goddess has a way of knowing when her tools are being used. She would seek him at a later point.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 14
    -4 Create Artifact: The Arcane Spark.
    When this platinum pendant on it's silver chain is worn as a necklace, it grants great magical power to the wearer, provided they already know sorcery. A mortal who wears it can cast any spell they know as often as they like without tiring. A god(dess) who wears it will find that it allows him/her/other to counter any spell cast by a mortal and decide how it resolves, provided that god(dess) has at least a basic experience with using sorcery. It also amplifies outright any spell a god(dess) casts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's well and good and all, but it boils down to this; RCR bonus of 1, plus A god(dess) who wears it will find that it allows him/her/other to counter any spell cast by a mortal and decide how it resolves, provided that god(dess) has at least a basic experience with using sorcery.

The other effects are just fluff for the RCR bonus.

-3 Divine Infusion: The Arcane Spark:
    Any sorcerer who wears the arcane spark will find that he/she is a capable teacher in the ways of sorcery, and will be compelled to do Cereim's will. If and only if Cereim wears The Arcane Spark, Cereim may bestow in a creature she dances with, the powers of a sorcerer (spells with a similar level of power as the intended uses of 4th level spells). And infusions grant an RCR bonus of +2, making the total RCR bonus from The Arcane Spark +3.

Remaining AP: 7

And yes, the Drenzalli clan will eventually be based on an Italian family.
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2015-06-12 at 11:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A blazing orb of light approached Faelan before resolving into the image of Namiranzul.
    "Can neither you nor your creations stand in the light of my Sun? You truly are a pathetic being. I find it hard to believe that we were born of the same blood, yet still I feel the bond of kinship.
    "I am Namiranzul, Lord of all the Light deems worthy. Take comfort that I was merciful and spared your creations my full fury. I advise that you return from whence you came and continue your lurking. In time when you have the strength to face me without your shroud I will consider you a worthy opponent."
    The Conflict of Light and Darkness

Faelan cursed this wicked being with every inch of his being as he fled back to the firstworld. He halted before it, the Void encompassing his very being as he swelled up and cascaded over the world like a great wave, covering it utterly. For the first time since the beginning of Creation, the firstworld became dark. And would become dark for an entire day once a month, so that it may survive the evil and be protected from Namiranzul's nefarious light for that time. Faelan let loose a cackle as his essence surrounded the world.

"Let it be known that one day of every month, the world shall darken. And on that day, Namiranzul will be powerless to destroy that which is ours" he roared across the face of the world, his voice booming into every crevice into the ears of all that lives and all that does not live.

Show
    Start AP: 7

Curse 1AP: The Shadowed Day. For one day of every month, the world will become utterly dark, surrounded by Faelan's darkness. Not too sure if I should beef up the AP to stop Namiranzul being able to do anything for one day of each month, but I don't think it'd be too much of a hassle.

End AP: 6.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

The Dreamlands, Castle Dreaming

Morgorach woke up in a startle. He had a terrifying dream about being devoured inside out by carnivorous spiders. It felt refreshing to finally be awake and he felt proud of Yen'Shi for creating such a marvelous nightmare.

Something was skittering inside his skull so the Dream God sneezed and out of his nostril came a tiny arachnid made of bone and flesh. It tried to skitter away and hide under his throne, but Morgorach set it free, safely outside Castle Dreaming. The castle was a dangerous place to unprepared young dreams.

All across the wild plains of the Dreamlands massive roaring nightmare clouds washed away unwary dreamers. They too woke up glad that it was all but a dream.