New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Murder at the Academy

So someone contacted you saying they were the Heir Apparents and told you to kill me?
    Do the Heirs have scrying powers? I think they're the only people who we are 100% sure do not have the power to tell if people are wolves or not.

So, to reiterate:
    Carpe did not scry me as an assassin even though I let him scry me (I have Baner powers).
    Some random person contacted Carpe and told him to have me lynched. This person claimed to be in a position wherein, if they are telling the truth, they would have no way of knowing if I was an assassin or not.
    I think THAT'S the person we should be lynching here, does anyone agree?
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2015-08-03 at 10:46 AM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't say it was a scry. There was process of deduction involved, and information that contradicted some claims you've made. It's possible that you have a good reason for misrepresenting those claims, but I can't see it. Maybe you're a Usurper trying to lay low, but in that case you probably should've contacted me earlier.

The chat-ring (not just one random person, as I stated before--if it was just one random person, I'd be more inclined to lynch them) has suggested that I stay mum about the means of ferreting information out, which I think is a reasonable assumption to test, just to keep cards played close to the chest and out of reach of the wolves. If you flip as town, then there's a nice bullseye painted on various folks' backs.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

But I'll still be dead.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Not even a little bit, no. For the Heirs to claim (and they would have been throwing the game not to) that requires two people to claim to Carpe. That's pretty risky for the Assassins. Not unthinkable, but Carpe says he knows the mechanical details of the reasoning behind why you're worth lynching. That means they had to actually say specific things which can likely be proven or disproven. Also he himself might be the Investigator so he possibly has the ability to gather information on those he's talking with by himself.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

So someone contacted you saying they were the Heir Apparents and told you to kill me?
    Do the Heirs have scrying powers? I think they're the only people who we are 100% sure do not have the power to tell if people are wolves or not.

So, to reiterate:
    Carpe did not scry me as an assassin even though I let him scry me (I have Baner powers).
    Some random person contacted Carpe and told him to have me lynched. This person claimed to be in a position wherein, if they are telling the truth, they would have no way of knowing if I was an assassin or not.
    Not quite.

Looks like what happened is more like this:
    The Heirs contacted Carpe and gave him the information they have gotten so far.
    Carpe saw this info (and possibly also stuff from other players) and noted that it contradicted something you said.
    Nobody else has contacted Carpe to say that they are the Heirs, so they're probably not lying.
    Carpe is confirming the Heirs' info by lynching you.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

By the way, if by some chance the Heirs haven't actually contacted Carpe yet, DO IT NOW.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

But I'll still be dead.
    It's true, but what seems like a solid lead is better than guessing, at this point. From my perspective as a wolf-hunter, if it's correct then we caught a wolf, if it's incorrect then we've pegged at least one wolf.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Halfling in the Playground

Let's see what comes out of this Xihirli
    Darn it Whisper !

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, wow. This was actually going to be a ruse. My plan was to lie about who the other assassins were, but now they're sealing my fate. I had Misdirection on, if we'd worked on it I could have lived past today and maybe even used Rune Trap to get a double kill out before they killed me. I was a performer, I didn't have two schools. That's what the Masons found out, wasn't it, Carpe? I'd told you I was an Illusionist and other thing, I don't have to keep track anymore, but I wasn't. As a performer, I could fake it.

The other wolves are Duck99 and Luizea.

Xihirli.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

For those of you who have yet to see this kind of tactic, the best response to Xihirli's claim of who the other assassins are is to act as if he didn't say anything. Deciding to believe he was telling the truth or that he was lying are both essentially traps.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

We might want to at least pay attention to Xihirli's claim here though, and keep it in the back of our head. (also, is there a chance he's fake-claiming assassin? Would that make any sense? I see no reason for him to try to throw people under the bus if he ISN'T an assassin)

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

He's not really throwing them under the bus if one or both of those people aren't assassins. Or if the assassins think we'll assume they aren't. Or.... but also or.... or maybe....

You see where that's going? That's why I said we should just flat out ignore it. I've seen it done several times and done it before myself. There's no reason to not assume the assassins won't try and use whatever advantage they can get, even when pretending to be throwing their hands up in frustration.

Edit: I don't see why he'd be fake claiming. More importantly I don't see why we'd care about his claim over the words of a confirmed person who is also the voice of the network.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-08-03 at 05:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    For those of you who have yet to see this kind of tactic, the best response to Xihirli's claim of who the other assassins are is to act as if he didn't say anything. Deciding to believe he was telling the truth or that he was lying are both essentially traps.
    Yeah, I'm inclined to believe this is super-wine.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

The arguments that day started out fairly slow and tame; it seemed that nobody knew anything for sure and wasn't willing to make this first move...

That is, until CarpeGuitarrem, the recently resurrected mystery enthusiast, burst into the room. "Xihirli! Your masquerade as an innocent professor is over!" After a fairly short argument, many professors sided with CarpeGuitarrem, and Xihirli was selected for death that night. "Don't worry," they said. "If you're innocent, we'll just resurrect you tonight."

"Don't bother," came the drow's reply. "In fact, since you've made it this far, I'll give you all one last performance, free of charge." Straightening up, he cried out "Let the record show that, while I never laid a finger on Lloyd, I did in fact kill Archmage Darron Ziz personally. And I didn't act alone: yes, it was Xihirli...in the tower...with the duck!" And before anybody could move, he pulled a wand from his belt, pressed it against his temple, and triggered it. As the smoke cleared, all that was left of the drow mage was a skull and a charred robe.

A quick search of his personal quarters revealed that he had, at least partially, been telling the truth: his private journal laid out the plan to kill the archmage in great detail, although true to form, none of his co-conspirators were ever identified beyond "Partner A/B/C/D/E". With their small victory tainted by the possibility of another three (or even four) assassins hiding in their midst, the professors all returned to their bedrooms, watching their backs and jumping at shadows the whole way.

Xihirli was lynched. Xihirli was the Assassin, and was the Performer. Day Three is over; Night Three has begun. Night Three will end at 22:00 CST on Wednesday, August 5th. Sleep well...

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

NOT THE DUCK

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, yes. The duck.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

A high-pitched scream pierces the night before being suddenly silenced. Those professors still awake shudder at the death of their colleague, while those that slumbered are jolted awake. One of them had been waiting for it; they gave a small smile before slipping back into dreamland.

The next morning, it became apparent that Queen of Thorns had suffered some sort of accident in one of the magic labs, and her body had been blown to smithereens. A quick check of her quarters revealed that she, too, had been looking into this; remaining silent the entire time, she had watched from the shadows. Unfortunately, her vigilance in remaining unnoticed had all been for naught, as she never got a chance to share her findings.

Unnoticed by the others as they began arguing and accusing, CarpeGuitarrem looked over her notes; recalling what he could of Tolomei's notes, it became clear to them which of those three had truly known what they were doing.

Queen of Thorns is dead. She was the Investigator/Paranoid Professor and was a Necromancer. Night Three is over; Day Four has begun. Day Four will end at 22:00 CST Friday August 7th.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

I guess I'll vote for Vwulf, he seems reasonably suspicious.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-08-06 at 11:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

So apparently us Investigators are magnets for death.

Or I could just be getting paranoid.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Thematthew and Elenna have been mostly on counterwagons to Xihirli this game.
    Last edited by Murska; 2015-08-07 at 04:17 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Wow, assassins are lucky this game. Or do they have a power that is helping them find investigators?

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Thematthew and Elenna have been mostly on counterwagons to Xihirli this game.
    Until yesterday I didn't see any major reason to be suspicious of Xihirli.

Actually, Murska, why didn't you vote for Xihirli yesterday?

EDIT: On the other hand, Murska provided pretty much the only argument I remember seeing against Xihirli, so on second thought I'll retract that vote.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2015-08-06 at 01:32 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Murska, I'm pretty sure I already explained why I was protecting Xihirli or did you not bother reading that quick topic he posted? This OMGUS obsession you seem to be having with me is really annoying and starting to be a detriment to the team so I'd appreciate it if you'd back off. You know, like I backed off during day 2 and haven't come back since...

Edit: So, apparently my phone decided to take my edit post as clicking the delete post link: I was just trying to remove my vote for Nonayer.
    Last edited by Thematthew; 2015-08-06 at 11:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pointing at ThePhantom.

A: we've collated info that strongly suggests that we've got an Assassin there
    B: ThePhantom's 1st place position on the Xihirli wagon actually feels pretty safe for a wolf to hide out?
    C: Some pretty weak voting from TP afterwards: a random vote on Lex-Kat, followed by OMGUS on Nonayer

Nonayer, what was your reasoning earlier? About the vote on ThePhantom?

EDIT: I'm gonna be out over the weekend, gonna aim to queue up an action.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2015-08-06 at 10:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I can go with that. ThePhantom, did you have any reason for voting Nonayer yesterday besides OMGUS?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

24. - Top - End - #294

I havent heard much from Duck999 on this game, though Ive seen his participation in other threads of the fórum
    Last edited by Luizeu; 2015-08-06 at 11:21 PM.
    Darn it Whisper !

25. - Top - End - #295
    Bugbear in the Playground

I said I had a hunch and that was why I voted. I'm not very good at analysis so unless I get scries, hunches and other people's work is what I tend to go on. And on that note, I'll be going with Murska on this, Thematthew.

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post

A: we've collated info that strongly suggests that we've got an Assassin there
    If this could be disclosed in a way that wouldnt damage PRs, It would help town if we could know about it too, I guess.
    Darn it Whisper !

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Following Carpe's lead, ThePhantom.

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    Following Carpe's lead, ThePhantom.
    Following Carpes lead, or because TP just voted on you
    I smell an assassin, Thematthew
    Darn it Whisper !

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

I'll join the wagon on ThePhantom. Also did Luizeu just pointlessly out himself as an assassin? Is there some other way to read that?

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

This ThePhantom wagon looks like it's going places, but I also suggest we keep an eye on Thematthew for tomorrow.