New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: EMPIRE2!-CWBG-I-Begin-Again [Applications Open!]

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHat View Post
    That's actually as simple as starting with an Underground region, then exploring and colonizing the region directly above you.
    So you're actually calling dips on region 280b. Failing that, you just say your fluff that your cities have very, very, deep basements.

Ah, thank you .

But yes, dibs on 280B.

And no, I'm not making a Drow race. Illithids were involved, but no drow.

I saw that someone was making a kingdom of Ogres, yes? I've also seen some kingdoms with elves and dwarves. How "fantasy" can you get with your nation/race that populates it?
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Ah, thank you .

But yes, dibs on 280B.

I saw that someone was making a kingdom of Ogres, yes? I've also seen some kingdoms with elves and dwarves. How "fantasy" can you get with your nation/race that populates it?
    Nothing so supernatural weird that you could expect any sort of starting mechanical benefit from it, just hint at things that could develop down the line. That's my understanding anyway.
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2015-09-22 at 02:21 AM.
    ...with a vengeance!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ah, so you could, just as long as you don't expect some type of mechanical benefit from it? Gotcha.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #214

Ah, so you could, just as long as you don't expect some type of mechanical benefit from it? Gotcha.
    Well, I mean more to say, low fantasy, no known magic, but the seeds of wondrous things yet to come.
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2015-09-22 at 02:25 AM.
    ...with a vengeance!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Although it isn't liked the white text, it was tried the suggestions of Philote. The size was enlarged to reduce eye injury.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome, Thanks Kasanip!
    The Caramel Kingdom! Empire 1!

High Order of the Pran-El! Empire 2!

Superpower List + Forum

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hmm, okay! Well I'll put something up and see if it's A-okay. It's nothing so crazy as like beings made out of energy or something, but it could give pause.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHat View Post
    That's actually as simple as starting with an Underground region, then exploring and colonizing the region directly above you.
    So you're actually calling dips on region 280b. Failing that, you could just say in your fluff that your cities have very, very, deep basements.
    Might have a bit of trouble colonizing 280 on the surface. At least without crushing my military first... :P

But we might come to agreement for peace.

Dracolon doesn't know where the door is....
    Gengy you're pretty awesome, thanks for the avatar!

8. - Top - End - #218

Ah, thank you .

But yes, dibs on 280B.

I'm playing a race of Naga-like people for example, and I know Aed plays a race that relies partly on photosynthesis-like stuff. You can get creative, that's for sure.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, it was noticed when to include Geckus that there are 2 regions to be called [281]. The name was added with mediocrity, however the situation was forgotten to tell!

I would like to request the Region 9.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2015-09-22 at 02:54 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

As it hasn't been mentioned, I feel obliged to point out that Quinton is trying to limit the number of underground regions we have to deal with this time around, and there will be nothing approximating an underdark. So, his clearance should be sought before assuming the existence of a 280B.

Also, it should be mentioned that the standard D&D array of stuff is not assumed. While that doesn't mean your people can't have had some vaguely malign and possibly mystical precursor race, you should probably come up with something other than illithids, or at least put a new spin on illithids.
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2015-09-22 at 02:50 AM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'll hold on the underground thing, but I'll remain hopeful!

In regards to Illthids - they're involved. They created this people before they were overthrown and cast into the mountains veins of molten steel to be immolated as a sacrifice for the new nation.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, poor population in comparison to everyone else. 4, 4, 3, 2, 1 for base stats before modifiers.

I can figure that into the writing.
    Fortunately, population is entirely cosmetic. And those stats are pretty good. Rather better than mine - but then that's not hard.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

13. - Top - End - #223

I'll hold on the underground thing, but I'll remain hopeful!

In regards to Illthids - they're involved. They created this people before they were overthrown and cast into the mountains veins of molten steel to be immolated as a sacrifice for the new nation.
    In that cause it's easily hand waved with, "probably just myth and folktales... OR IS IT?!". I've got some peculiar things implied by my nation's mythology as well.
    ...with a vengeance!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Application
    Show
    High Order of the Pran-El
    Region 53 (Glasco), Philote

Original Rolls

Current Queen: Lorena Effigy

Stats at end of round 1:
    Diplomacy: 2
    Military: 2
    Curiosity: 2
    Faith: 4
    Luck: 4 + [0/2]

Mechanical Population: 960,000
    Fluff Population: 192,000
    Standing Army: 0 native land troops, 0 native naval troops

Original Stats:
    Diplomacy: 2
    Military: 2
    Curiosity: 2
    Faith: 4
    Luck: 4 + [0/2]

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    Region name: Glasco
    Region: 53
    Queens:
    Lorena Effigy [New Testament]
    Voice: Sky Blue / Primary
    Terrain: Capital Pran-El and Insight Lake, Corpse of the Last
    People: Giant Sub-Species (Glascans)
    Resources: Idols

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    Spoiler: Reference
    Show

Capital Pran-El and Insight Lake: The capital city, Pran-El, lies to the south-east of Insight Lake, a large flat reflective lake that is Glaso’s largest body of water. The capital itself holds a large castle in the style of a gothic church that it is the main monument of the city, though it is not uncommon to see a church dotted on every road of the capital.

Corpse of the Last: Glasco’s north-east island is marked by a titanic fossilized skeleton that stretches across the landmass. The fossil’s skull lies on the south-east end while the creature’s right leg dips into the ocean on the north-west side. This is a highly spiritual place for the Glascan people who claim that this creature is one of their ancestors, a people who found the true path to enlightenment.

Spoiler: People
    Show
    Spoiler: Reference
    Show

Add a face, tint it blue, and you have the sort of spiral-textured physical structure of a Glascan.

Glascans are a sub-species of giant that feature a rough, spiral-textured, blue-tinted skin. While each Glascan is roughly three times the size of other sentient species on Arandi, a single Glascan could be considered to be equal to five members of other Arandi species. Glascan’s claim to be the descendants of an extinct titan sized species, but no link has yet been proven.

The High Order of Pran-El is a highly religious empire that has become frustrated with the current paths to enlightenment present on Arandi. Glascans have been easily swayed between practicing many different organized religions before ultimately settling on paganism. It is still common to see churches and worship for various different organized religions within the lands of Glasco. So great is the religious influence within Glasco, that the High Order of Pran-El exclusively anoint Queens due to past involvement with the The House of the Pale Lady.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    Idols [Faith / Luxury Resource]: The high spirituality of the Glascan people has guided them to become adept idol makers. With a devotion to capturing even the most miniscule details of each organized religion, these idols compliment the construction of any church and aid in the execution of religious rituals across Arandi.

Needed Resource: Animals. With such a giant stature and religious fervor, Glascans require additional animals to sate their appetites and offerings.
    The Caramel Kingdom! Empire 1!

High Order of the Pran-El! Empire 2!

Superpower List + Forum

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Let's see how this goes:

Edit: Snip.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2015-09-22 at 09:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226

Bananaphone, you made a mistake with your stats, as I see you have both a 6 as a starting stat, which isn't possible.
    Your rolls are 1-3-1-1-3, of which you can reroll the two second 1's once.

Also, you can choose two stats which you may add +1 too, so a possibility could be 2(+1)-3-1-1-4(+1).

You may distribute the stats after you've rerolled the 1's.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2015-09-22 at 05:24 AM. Reason: grammar....
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Youre right, it was meant to be a 5. The 6 is a typo on my part .

18. - Top - End - #228

Youre right, it was meant to be a 5. The 6 is a typo on my part .
    Aaahh, I see the rerolls now. Maybe also put a link out to them, don't want to confuse the GMs.

Also, our nations are polar opposites resource wise, too bad were so far away. (I have Art, need Metal, you have Metal, need Art)

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That's what boats are for .

20. - Top - End - #230

That's what boats are for .
    Underground regions + ocean boats = not compatible, I'm afraid. First plan of attack, get a coastline.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2015-09-22 at 05:43 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Underground regions + ocean boats = not compatible, I'm afraid. First plan of attack, get a coastline.
    Plan of attack? Man you guys are really gonna force me to go mil first hu?

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by Dracolon View Post
    Of course not, I'm gonna conquer the world with ART! If you want to oppose me, better pump that Cur score.

In a slightly more serieus tone, it's just a manner of speech, right. I'll call it a "Plan of Art" instead.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2015-09-22 at 05:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

23. - Top - End - #233

Ya but if underground regions are less common in E2 than BananaPhone is most likely going to have to work with me or go through me and they are starting with a mil heavy leader not a dip heeavy.. :/

24. - Top - End - #234

Ya but if underground regions are less common in E2 than BananaPhone is most likely going to have to work with me or go through me and they are starting with a mil heavy leader not a dip heeavy.. :/
    Imma can only speaka for meself here. :P But Trade Routes can go through your regions, that is np I think. So you don't really need a shoreline, just players that join into the trade route with a coastal region.

EDIT: Bananaphone, your score array is 3-3-1-4-4, but I see both a 4 and a 2 on there instead of a double 3. That isn't right. Am I missing something? Should be 3 Diplo and 3 Faith.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2015-09-22 at 06:12 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Can't I build a big tunnel leading underground?

Why would I attack you? You're a potential food source customer!

You can sell me your criminals/prisoners of war and, say, timber and stuff, and I can sell you good quality steel/gold/silver. Sounds good, huh?

Imma can only speaka for meself here. :P But Trade Routes can go through your regions, that is np I think. So you don't really need a shoreline, just players that join into the trade route with a coastal region.

EDIT: Bananaphone, your score array is 3-3-1-4-4, but I see both a 4 and a 2 on there instead of a double 3. That isn't right. Am I missing something? Should be 3 Diplo and 3 Faith.

Why must my math be utter ****e at the most inappropriate times .

No, you're completely correct. I'll need to make a slight change.

26. - Top - End - #236

Can't I build a big tunnel leading underground?

Why would I attack you? You're a potential food source customer!

You can sell me your criminals/prisoners of war and, say, timber and stuff, and I can sell you good quality steel/gold/silver. Sounds good, huh?

Why must my math be utter ****e at the most inappropriate times .

No, you're completely correct. I'll need to make a slight change.
    We could work on that, should give some nice RP at the least. Our people have to know the others exist after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

We could work on that, should give some nice RP at the least. Our people have to know the others exist after all.
    Well, you are a pretty long way from each other... Not quite as far as it's possible to get while remaining on the current map but not far off.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

What are your people? Does our fluff coincide?

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Geshem plan of world conquest:

1) Become world famous cooks
    2) feed everyone into a food coma
    3) Sneak leadership goats into positions of power
    4) take over the world!
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

30. - Top - End - #240

What are your people? Does our fluff coincide?
    I'm playing a race that is rather weird. People with the lower body of a snake, living in an underground region in total darkness. They are blind, instead relying on echolocation.

I know, they're weird. But I think they are cool .

Naga-goats incoming.....we're doomed.....gg wp.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2015-09-22 at 06:43 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here