New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post

Now I want to get a Tonkor.
    I haven't done Penta yet so I don't know which is better, but Tonkor is amazing.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I haven't done Penta yet so I don't know which is better, but Tonkor is amazing.
    The Tonkor is a crit based penta. It no longer gets only headshots, but I still love and prefer it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    The Tonkor is a crit based penta. It no longer gets only headshots, but I still love and prefer it.
    There's just something so satisfying about seeing the li'l yellow numbers spell out 20k damage and seeing bodies go flying. Planning on putting Hell's Chamber on mine for the helluvit. I don't go for accuracy with that thing anyway, so I might as well fill the air with DEATH
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Heavy Cal doesn't affect its accuracy too adversely and it can actually be a boon having the grenades go slightly wider that normal, particularly with Firestorm on.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    There's just something so satisfying about seeing the li'l yellow numbers spell out 20k damage and seeing bodies go flying. Planning on putting Hell's Chamber on mine for the helluvit. I don't go for accuracy with that thing anyway, so I might as well fill the air with DEATH
    I thought Hell's Chamber could only go into shotguns. This changes things.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I thought Hell's Chamber could only go into shotguns. This changes things.
    It does. He's wrong, unfortunately. I think he meant Split Chamber (which DOES work on Tonkor).
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

7. - Top - End - #307
    Firbolg in the Playground

Got the 50k i needed to change School and realized i had been using the old lens... I'd Happily pay a decent amount of plat to change my Primary school, dumping you in them with no dam idea is so dumb. Beam laser of doom? (or not since it doesn't do much to anything of a decent level atm) vs the Ability to Heal your team which is useful at any level and mission or stun a bunch of enemy's. Much like Volt was, Maduari is a lie. Least i have picked up two of the lenses i need for the school in going to.

On the topic of Volt i finally got the part i needed, rushed it due to the x2 Exp weekend (of which i was going to be away for most of) got it to 30 in one mission and then sold it, Volt P is still a damm volt and i hate it still. Prime or not a crappy frame is a crappy frame.

Ember Prime on the other hand is vying with Ivara for who i play most atm, two massively different styles of play and i love both ~ Running about with WoF or slowly creeping about and silently killing everything with head shots.

Ah the Sancti... you OP shotgun, you have gotten your hooks into me as well but not wholly as i don't like the Duplex-auto that much and i still prefer my Orbital Re-Assignment Cannon (the Hek) Its on its third Forma (two actual ones and the third to remove the "D" polarity)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

My first taste of Madurai lived up to expectations. Fenrys, kiyoshi and I were farming sentients, and mine bugged. I always had full focus.. So I had infinite death beamage.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    It does. He's wrong, unfortunately. I think he meant Split Chamber (which DOES work on Tonkor).
    Oop. Yeah, I meant Split Chamber.

So for my next frame (until I have room for Ivara and have Nitain), I'm thinking Valkyr. She seems fun.

I've seen people mention the Tau system a lot. What is it.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

Welp, Keledrath nabbed me a Synoid Simulor the other day. Now I just need the Telos Boltor and I've got 'em all.

Any advice on building the Simulor? I really have no idea what would be most effective in this thing, and the Warframe Forums aren't helping much. For starters, it appears to be a massive point of contention whether or not Split Chamber actually helps the thing.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I've seen people mention the Tau system a lot. What is it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Tau System is a system that the Orokin wanted to colonize. The Sentients were originally created as a sort of advance force to send there first, making sure the area was safe and comfortable for the Orokin and making a path for them to follow.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-12-09 at 08:00 AM.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

11. - Top - End - #311
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    Welp, Keledrath nabbed me a Synoid Simulor the other day. Now I just need the Telos Boltor and I've got 'em all.

Any advice on building the Simulor? I really have no idea what would be most effective in this thing, and the Warframe Forums aren't helping much. For starters, it appears to be a massive point of contention whether or not Split Chamber actually helps the thing.
    Yeah, Split Chamber seems to work just fine; the numbers are just a bit weird as they appear stacked but when I ran the tests I noticed significant advantages to using Split Chamber (as a proof that it works, the singularities were produced on average twice more quickly). Serra/Heavy Caliber/Split is thus trivial. For the rest, there's a bit of leeway. Unlike normal Simulor, you don't need increased recharge time here - the bigger clip and the faster natural reload ensure that (on normal, I ran Primed Fast Hands).

Synoid Simulor barely has good enough crit stats to make a crit build work; I use it because I have Arcane Avenger on almost everything which feeds crit in a superb manner. 4-element does a bit more sustained DPS tho, but crit does have the advantage of only having one actual elemental type (in addition to the multiplier-wise irrelevant base of Magnetic) thus allowing you to only take the one with the greatest multiplier vs. what you're fighting (Corrosive or Viral vs. Grineer/Corrupted depending on if Corrosive Projections are in play, Toxin, Radiation or Viral vs. Corpus & Corrosive or Radiation vs. Infested, depending on if you're just fighting normal Infested or hunting J3 Golem/Phorid/Juggernaut).

The fact that it does damage constantly makes it a fine status gun so modding it with status and trying to stack Corrosive procs in solo Void runs or just irradiating/burning/viraling all enemies is also a valid option (and the detonation always has the Electric properties).

At the present it's my most used primary weapon (I put my second lens on it after giving Mirage hers) and I think a good argument could be made for it being the best generalist weapon in the game for most kinds of content. It has the energy restoring procs which are awesome, it offers great AOE and a lot of CC packed into any build you run on it and the damage is quite respectable - crucially, it also works as a status weapon giving it utility for many cases where pure damage might not cut it. Also, it's almost like a launcher but runs on Rifle ammo so it has comparatively very little in terms of ammo issues even if you run Vile Acceleration (which I recommend you do; being able to stack up the singularities ASAP is of utmost importance to minimize the time before you start dealing damage). As a nice minibonus, it acts as a mini-Carrier gathering all the drops to one place for easy pickup.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Yeah, Split Chamber seems to work just fine; the numbers are just a bit weird as they appear stacked but when I ran the tests I noticed significant advantages to using Split Chamber (as a proof that it works, the singularities were produced on average twice more quickly). Serra/Heavy Caliber/Split is thus trivial. For the rest, there's a bit of leeway. Unlike normal Simulor, you don't need increased recharge time here - the bigger clip and the faster natural reload ensure that (on normal, I ran Primed Fast Hands).

Synoid Simulor barely has good enough crit stats to make a crit build work; I use it because I have Arcane Avenger on almost everything which feeds crit in a superb manner. 4-element does a bit more sustained DPS tho, but crit does have the advantage of only having one actual elemental type (in addition to the multiplier-wise irrelevant base of Magnetic) thus allowing you to only take the one with the greatest multiplier vs. what you're fighting (Corrosive or Viral vs. Grineer/Corrupted depending on if Corrosive Projections are in play, Toxin, Radiation or Viral vs. Corpus & Corrosive or Radiation vs. Infested, depending on if you're just fighting normal Infested or hunting J3 Golem/Phorid/Juggernaut).

The fact that it does damage constantly makes it a fine status gun so modding it with status and trying to stack Corrosive procs in solo Void runs or just irradiating/burning/viraling all enemies is also a valid option (and the detonation always has the Electric properties).

At the present it's my most used primary weapon (I put my second lens on it after giving Mirage hers) and I think a good argument could be made for it being the best generalist weapon in the game for most kinds of content. It has the energy restoring procs which are awesome, it offers great AOE and a lot of CC packed into any build you run on it and the damage is quite respectable - crucially, it also works as a status weapon giving it utility for many cases where pure damage might not cut it. Also, it's almost like a launcher but runs on Rifle ammo so it has comparatively very little in terms of ammo issues even if you run Vile Acceleration (which I recommend you do; being able to stack up the singularities ASAP is of utmost importance to minimize the time before you start dealing damage). As a nice minibonus, it acts as a mini-Carrier gathering all the drops to one place for easy pickup.
    I've been partial to my Tonkor since it was released, but I'm definitely having a lot of fun with the Synoid Simulor. Thanks for the tips - thus far, this sounds like my usual crit build, with Shred swapped for Speed Trigger (still don't have Vile Acceleration).

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Tau System is a system that the Orokin wanted to colonize. The Sentients were originally created as a sort of advance force to send there first, making sure the area was safe and comfortable for the Orokin and making a path for them to follow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've also seen mention of actually going there by several people, including (IIRC) Zarozian of GUNGNIR and Lost Seraph Alliance. Is that possible? If so, how?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314

I've been partial to my Tonkor since it was released, but I'm definitely having a lot of fun with the Synoid Simulor. Thanks for the tips - thus far, this sounds like my usual crit build, with Shred swapped for Speed Trigger (still don't have Vile Acceleration).
    Heh, I'm on the Tonkor-train too kinda: currently I'm mostly using Synoid Simulor, Torid, Tonkor, Quanta Vandal, & Vaykor Hek if I have to take a non-explosive weapon (still modded with Seeking Fury of course). Occasional Dread/Paris Prime/Rakta Cernos, Opticor, Vectis Prime, Sancti Tigris & Prakata in the backside (and dozens of weapons I haven't used for like 10 months). Tho with the amount of formaing I've been doing and the relative lack of playtime, I've barely used any of my completed weapons outside Synoid Simulor for Focus in this patch. Hell, I still haven't finished the new Ignis and only barely just got done with Secura Penta. And the queue is only growing.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-09 at 04:28 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I'll bite. I can run music in the background while playing Warframe anyway.

So can I do any of the Grineer missions on Uranus to find the mystery drones?
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

16. - Top - End - #316

Yeah, anything submersible at least. I think all of 'em are marked as such. The drones' chance of spawning is incremented each time you visit the planet. You'll get a black screen flicker when they do so if that happens, just go find and scan it. That should do it for starting that particular quest.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-09 at 05:56 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I'll bite. I can run music in the background while playing Warframe anyway.
    As a note, anyone have any favorites? Mine is Libera Me From Hell (Gurren Lagann) for Towers. It's oddly fitting, the mashup of Latin hymn and rap.

Yup.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

If ya'll are looking for nicely paced music for Warframe, Diablo Swing Orchestra does some nice stuff. They're best described as Big Band Swing Operatic Heavy Metal. Their songs are rather good, as well.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    As a note, anyone have any favorites? Mine is Libera Me From Hell (Gurren Lagann) for Towers. It's oddly fitting, the mashup of Latin hymn and rap.
    Mine tends to be Kingdom Hearts music, but you knew that already.

Other favorites include 2Cellos and the Mega Man ZX series OST. I also play Trans Siberian Orchestra when the Christmas content is in.

20. - Top - End - #320

So, with Broken War being the best longsword in the game I came to the conclusion that I absolutely don't want to build it into War and thus bought Hunhow's Gift for the weapon (and the cosmetics that I would've wanted anyways). Yeah, in the future it'll be in the Sortie reward tables but since I want the cosmetics anyways and there's no telling how long it'd be to get War otherwise, I ended up pulling the trigger.

Now I'm thinking I might just prefer Broken War to War for equipped melee use; Crimson Dervish's multipliers aren't as impressive as Broken Bull on Cleaving Whirlwind or some hits on Tempo Royale but it has nice arcs and sufficient reach with Primed Reach (though of course War with PReach still hits a fair bit further), and the multipliers apply to every attack. Crimson Dervish is rather slow, which is annoying, but ultimately it seems to me Broken War is at the very least competitive with War, and comes with a free potato and an extra polarity. Definitely happy with my choice though I'm not even sure if I'll be using War over Galatine/Scindo Prime; it's slower than either and loses out to Scindo P in average damage per hit due to the crit stats. Though it looks good so I'm still rather happy adding it to the mix.

Speaking of Broken War, has anyone seen Vengeful Revenant yet? From what I've seen, it looks kinda cool but numerically it seems to be unable to match up to Crimson Dervish. I figure unless it's incredibly good, I'd probably rather wait for the prices to drop a bit/for it to be rewarded in a Taclert or offered by the Void Trader or something.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

So, Lenses. I've gotten 3 from sorties so far (2 Vazarin and 1 Unairu). I was wondering if anyone here had any Unairu that they'd take a Vazarin for. Trying to make a greater Unairu Lens.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, with Broken War being the best longsword in the game I came to the conclusion that I absolutely don't want to build it into War and thus bought Hunhow's Gift for the weapon (and the cosmetics that I would've wanted anyways). Yeah, in the future it'll be in the Sortie reward tables but since I want the cosmetics anyways and there's no telling how long it'd be to get War otherwise, I ended up pulling the trigger.

Now I'm thinking I might just prefer Broken War to War for equipped melee use; Crimson Dervish's multipliers aren't as impressive as Broken Bull on Cleaving Whirlwind or some hits on Tempo Royale but it has nice arcs and sufficient reach with Primed Reach (though of course War with PReach still hits a fair bit further), and the multipliers apply to every attack. Crimson Dervish is rather slow, which is annoying, but ultimately it seems to me Broken War is at the very least competitive with War, and comes with a free potato and an extra polarity. Definitely happy with my choice though I'm not even sure if I'll be using War over Galatine/Scindo Prime; it's slower than either and loses out to Scindo P in average damage per hit due to the crit stats. Though it looks good so I'm still rather happy adding it to the mix.

Speaking of Broken War, has anyone seen Vengeful Revenant yet? From what I've seen, it looks kinda cool but numerically it seems to be unable to match up to Crimson Dervish. I figure unless it's incredibly good, I'd probably rather wait for the prices to drop a bit/for it to be rewarded in a Taclert or offered by the Void Trader or something.
    You want to know the really funny thing about War and Broken War? They put a BP for Broken War on the drop tables for Shadow Stalker. You need War to craft it.

...Really, DE? War needs Broken War to craft, and Broken War needs War? And Broken War needs Nitain on top of a War, so you end up throwing several irritating to get resources out the airlock just to snap a piece of War off and get your old longsword back. What's so wrong with having both without buying Hunhow's Gift? The other stuff makes it worth the plat, but some people JUST WANT BOTH SWORDS.

EDIT: And you lose a free potato out of the deal. What the hell?
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-12-13 at 12:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323

You want to know the really funny thing about War and Broken War? They put a BP for Broken War on the drop tables for Shadow Stalker. You need War to craft it.

...Really, DE? War needs Broken War to craft, and Broken War needs War? And Broken War needs Nitain on top of a War, so you end up throwing several irritating to get resources out the airlock just to snap a piece of War off and get your old longsword back. What's so wrong with having both without buying Hunhow's Gift? The other stuff makes it worth the plat, but some people JUST WANT BOTH SWORDS.

EDIT: And you lose a free potato out of the deal. What the hell?
    Yeah, there was a ton of hilarity around /r/warframe when they announced the addition. You can craft Broken War into War...and then craft War into Broken War. Both times, you pay a ton of resources (including Alertium), need an assassin-exclusive blueprint and lose all potatoes/formas/lens you've had in the original weapon. Steve did announce on Twitter that Broken War is a future sortie reward so this state of affairs isn't permanent, but for now it just doesn't work. It's basically Hunhow's Gift or no War.

Then again, an automatic quest reward weapon (Broken War) completely and massively outclassing the only Prime weapon in the category (Dakra Prime), and doing twice that and then some to all non-Prime equivalents, is also kinda annoying. Especially when it's clearly not a complete weapon. A comparable state of affairs would be e.g. Nikana being classified as normal sword and also being the best normal sword or something while also being buildable into Dragon Nikana, a weapon of different class, but then Dragon Nikana being at best a sidegrade to Nikana due to type differences... Maybe we should break Galatine and Scindo Prime and wield the halves as one-handed "swords" too.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-13 at 12:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, there was a ton of hilarity around /r/warframe when they announced the addition. You can craft Broken War into War...and then craft War into Broken War. Both times, you pay a ton of resources (including Alertium), need an assassin-exclusive blueprint and lose all potatoes/formas/lens you've had in the original weapon. Steve did announce on Twitter that Broken War is a future sortie reward so this state of affairs isn't permanent, but for now it just doesn't work. It's basically Hunhow's Gift or no War.

Then again, an automatic quest reward weapon (Broken War) completely and massively outclassing the only Prime weapon in the category (Dakra Prime), and doing twice that and then some to all non-Prime equivalents, is also kinda annoying. Especially when it's clearly not a complete weapon. A comparable state of affairs would be e.g. Nikana being classified as normal sword and also being the best normal sword or something while also being buildable into Dragon Nikana, a weapon of different class, but then Dragon Nikana being at best a sidegrade to Nikana due to type differences... Maybe we should break Galatine and Scindo Prime and wield the halves as one-handed "swords" too.
    Splitting Scindo Prime in half would make a handy Dual Zoren Prime :P
    I kid, I kid. I do agree with you on this, though - it is a bit silly, even given the obvious odd nature of the Sentients and their weapons. It isn't called the "Broken War" because it's half a sword, I'll tell you that much right now.

Speaking of Sorties, how's everyone's luck going?
    I have one Dera bit. ONE. It's all I want out of this thing, and progress is going kind of awful. I am sitting on a few lenses, though, which is kind of nice.

EDIT: Also, why for the love of the Lotus does the fully crafted War do IMPACT DAMAGE? It's a GREATSWORD. This thing should be cutting things in half, not functioning as an oversized CLUB.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-12-13 at 03:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325

Splitting Scindo Prime in half would make a handy Dual Zoren Prime :P
    I kid, I kid. I do agree with you on this, though - it is a bit silly, even given the obvious odd nature of the Sentients and their weapons. It isn't called the "Broken War" because it's half a sword, I'll tell you that much right now.
    I'd rather have Zoren Prime than Dual Zoren Prime; we have plenty of dual "swords" already and their stances suck Seriously tho, why do friggin' claws and fists (there isn't a single weapon in either class that interests me) have 3 stances while dual swords, the most abundant weapon type of the game has two poor ones? Crossing Snakes has terrible animations and Swirling Tiger is barely passable. Hell, it's the class with iconics such as Dex Dakras, Dual Ichors, Dual Zorens, Dual Kama Prime, etc. And for that matter, why do Nikanas have 3 when the game has exactly one real Nikana (yeah, Nikana exists but it's basically just an incomplete Dragon Nikana)?

Speaking of Sorties, how's everyone's luck going?
    I have one Dera bit. ONE. It's all I want out of this thing, and progress is going kind of awful. I am sitting on a few lenses, though, which is kind of nice.
    After a week's worth of sorties, I spent one day selling stuff and just plat-bypassed it. I got exactly Dera Vandal BP the oldfashioned way (it dropped twice for good measure), and then a bunch of Karak W Receivers, Lens and one 25 Core set. I came to the conclusion that I'm never getting all the pieces and thus I just bought 'em for 10-30p a piece - Stock was expensive. It's mostly the same story with Lens; ever since Greater Lens became market buyable I kinda just gave up trying to get them from the sorties (I do have Unairu, Madurai and Naramon sitting in my inventory). Trying to get one for every piece of equipment I like to use and for each school...no thanks.

Though with the focus cap it's no longer necessary to have them on many things I guess; you can just play one 20-40 min whatever for all the daily Focus (strategies I've seen include AOE damage frames like Ember or Equinox sitting in e.g. an MD mission with alerts on for ~30 mins, or using stealth kill multipliers with Excal/Loki/etc. and a silent weapon - I personally just pick up focus from long Sortie missions, or run T4S with Mirage/Synoid Simulor for ~40-60 mins as it has other useful drops but it is admittedly slower). I do still play the daily Sorties as they are different, fun and significantly more challenging than most of the content in this game; however, I don't really expect much from the rewards though - Legendary Core or a pack of R5s would be nice but I don't think the chances of hitting those are that high.

EDIT: Also, why for the love of the Lotus does the fully crafted War do IMPACT DAMAGE? It's a GREATSWORD. This thing should be cutting things in half, not functioning as an oversized CLUB.
    Apparently historical greatswords, when used directly against armor, were mostly used for bludgeoning (or at least that's what the story holds), so I guess DE wanted to implement that in some sword in the game or something. It's certainly a bit lacking in style for a game like this but on the flipside, Primed Heavy Trauma now has a 4th real use - others being Jat Kittag, Bo Prime & Deconstructor. Though with Impact type's penalties vs. many enemies, whether Primed Heavy Trauma stacks up to elemental mods in spite of the massive numeric difference is actually a non-trivial matter.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-13 at 04:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd rather have Zoren Prime than Dual Zoren Prime; we have plenty of dual "swords" already and their stances suck Seriously tho, why do friggin' claws and fists (there isn't a single weapon in either class that interests me) have 3 stances while dual swords, the most abundant weapon type of the game has two poor ones? Crossing Snakes has terrible animations and Swirling Tiger is barely passable. Hell, it's the class with iconics such as Dex Dakras, Dual Ichors, Dual Zorens, Dual Kama Prime, etc. And for that matter, why do Nikanas have 3 when the game has exactly one real Nikana (yeah, Nikana exists but it's basically just an incomplete Dragon Nikana)?
    I will not have you badmouth my favorite weapon class >:(

...Again, I kid...mostly. The claws are really fun, but there are no good weapons in the class. I love my Venka to death, but I admit they're crap. Give us some good claws, DE!

I agree with the Nikanas too, though we do have a Nikana Prime coming at some point. I also had a thought a while back - what with Zanuka, Vor's Ascaris from the opening quest, and Frohd Bek's interest in having a Kubrow, it seems that the other factions have a vested interest in us and our stuff. Maybe the Grineer or Corpus will attempt to make their own version of a Nikana, or some of our other more "traditional" weapons? I have been goofing around with an idea for a Grineer bow...

After a week's worth of sorties, I spent one day selling stuff and just plat-bypassed it. I got exactly Dera Vandal BP the oldfashioned way (it dropped twice for good measure), and then a bunch of Karak W Receivers, Lens and one 25 Core set. I came to the conclusion that I'm never getting all the pieces and thus I just bought 'em for 10-30p a piece - Stock was expensive. It's mostly the same story with Lens; ever since Greater Lens became market buyable I kinda just gave up trying to get them from the sorties (I do have Unairu, Madurai and Naramon sitting in my inventory). Trying to get one for every piece of equipment I like to use and for each school...no thanks.

Though with the focus cap it's no longer necessary to have them on many things I guess; you can just play one 20-40 min whatever for all the daily Focus (strategies I've seen include AOE damage frames like Ember or Equinox sitting in e.g. an MD mission with alerts on for ~30 mins, or using stealth kill multipliers with Excal/Loki/etc. and a silent weapon - I personally just pick up focus from long Sortie missions, or run T4S with Mirage/Synoid Simulor for ~40-60 mins as it has other useful drops but it is admittedly slower). I do still play the daily Sorties as they are different, fun and significantly more challenging than most of the content in this game; however, I don't really expect much from the rewards though - Legendary Core or a pack of R5s would be nice but I don't think the chances of hitting those are that high.
    ...If you still have that second Dera Vandal BP, I will buy that off of you when I have plat.

As for the lenses, I'm just aiming for one greater lens of each class - I'll stick them on Warframes that I'll use for farming Focus with those schools. Currently debating between Zenurik and Madurai for my Ash Prime (currently my most used 'frame).

Real historical greatswords were mostly used to bludgeon armored people, so I guess DE wanted to implement that in some sword in the game or something. It's certainly a bit lacking in style for a game like this but on the flipside, Primed Heavy Trauma now has a 4th real use - others being Jat Kittag, Bo Prime & Deconstructor. Though with Impact type's penalties vs. many enemies, whether Primed Heavy Trauma stacks up to elemental mods in spite of the massive numeric difference is actually a non-trivial matter.
    ...Fair enough, I suppose, but it still seems a bit odd when the other greatswords in the game already deal Slash damage. Even odder when you remember that the one they picked as an Impact weapon has a LASER EGDE, and that the Broken War DEALS SLASH DAMAGE. What happened to the edge of the thing - did putting it back together dull a LASER?
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-12-13 at 04:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327

I will not have you badmouth my favorite weapon class >:(

...Again, I kid...mostly. The claws are really fun, but there are no good weapons in the class. I love my Venka to death, but I admit they're crap. Give us some good claws, DE!

I agree with the Nikanas too, though we do have a Nikana Prime coming at some point. I also had a thought a while back - what with Zanuka, Vor's Ascaris from the opening quest, and Frohd Bek's interest in having a Kubrow, it seems that the other factions have a vested interest in us and our stuff. Maybe the Grineer or Corpus will attempt to make their own version of a Nikana, or some of our other more "traditional" weapons? I have been goofing around with an idea for a Grineer bow...
    I really wish Venka Prime came and were good; I forma'd Ripkas just so I could use my three bloody rare-as-hell stances for something but Ripkas is mostly just campy. Appropriate for when I want to play a chainsaw murderer but less so for most of my runs. And Ankyros Prime could use some extra numbers. There are actually enough fists in the game to make for a class, they're just mostly forgettable.

I fear Nikana Prime/Dragon Nikana would feel like Telos Boltor/Boltor Prime all over again. Unless they do something interesting with it, it'd just be one clearly better than the other or two extremely similar weapons with the differences coming down to minor stuff that doesn't influence the weapon's feel. I can't but imagine the Nikana-category could afford a few different weapons; we have all those elemental swords so perhaps something in that vein for instance?

...If you still have that second Dera Vandal BP, I will buy that off of you when I have plat.
    Sure, let me know whenever you need it. If anyone happens to need Karak W Receivers, I can give those out too. And hell, while at it, I could toss my normal Lens to anyone who could envision using them.

As for the lenses, I'm just aiming for one greater lens of each class - I'll stick them on Warframes that I'll use for farming Focus with those schools. Currently debating between Zenurik and Madurai for my Ash Prime (currently my most used 'frame).
    Yeah, that'd work. I often play with like 6-7 different frames in a day (tho lately I've been spending even more time on Mirage than usual) and I like to earn focus organically as I do other stuff so I'd miss out on a lot of focus if I didn't have a bunch of Lens. Tho after the "teammate kill affinity gain doesn't give focus"-issue is fixed, it'll probably be much easier again to earn it and unless the cap gets changed, it's probably less than necessary to have all your completed frames earning focus. I just like the freedom of choice.

I personally went with Zenurik, tho with the nerf to the efficiency skill (it went from "for the remainder of the current mission" to "for 5 seconds"...), the only one I really want and use is the energy regeneration one, which still lasts for the whole mission. It alone gives more energy regen than 4 frames sporting Energy Siphon so I finally have my easy route to energy sustenance while running Corrosive Projection - rather key since I rely heavily on Quick Thinking on most frames (and I can afford to run worse Efficiency on many frames). Once I finish maxing out the skill (it's currently on rank 2), I'll probably just start working on Naramon or Madurai though as Zenurik is full of those seemingly useless 5 second buffs; it's almost like these numbers are placeholders and DE forgot to implement the real ones. 5 seconds per 5 minutes just isn't very useful no matter what you get and they don't even have the courtesy of being flashy.

...Fair enough, I suppose, but it still seems a bit odd when the other greatswords in the game already deal Slash Damage. Even odder when you remember that the one they picked as an Impact weapon has a LASER EGDE, and that the Broken War DEALS SLASH DAMAGE. What happened to the edge of the thing - did putting it back together dull a LASER?
    Yeah, in this particular case it's extra-weird for all the reasons you stated. I'm just overall not really a fan of what they did with Broken War/War. I don't like component weapons being so damn good as to overshadow a whole class and I don't like War's damage type or attack speed. It looks cool but it just doesn't feel as awesome as it looks IMHO.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-13 at 05:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

I really wish Venka Prime came and were good; I forma'd Ripkas just so I could use my three bloody rare-as-hell stances for something but Ripkas is mostly just campy. Appropriate for when I want to play a chainsaw murderer but less so for most of my runs. And Ankyros Prime could use some extra numbers. There are actually enough fists in the game to make for a class, they're just mostly forgettable.
    Yeah, Venka Prime would be nice. They're the only ones that match the aesthetc, after all. I was hoping the Ripkas would be something more similar to the Venka by way of the Machete - bulkier and overall meaner-looking. The chainclaws just make me sad.
    I fear Nikana Prime/Dragon Nikana would feel like Telos Boltor/Boltor Prime all over again. Unless they do something interesting with it, it'd just be one clearly better than the other or two extremely similar weapons with the differences coming down to minor stuff that doesn't influence the weapon's feel. I can't but imagine the Nikana-category could afford a few different weapons; we have all those elemental swords so perhaps something in that vein for instance?
    Actually, I've gotten a Telos Boltor recently and noticed a bit of a different feel - maybe it's just me, but they do feel at least noticeably different. For the record, my preference actually lies with the Telos for the Truth effect and larger clip.

Right there with you on the idea for the elemental Nikanas, too. Perhaps one with base Corrosive, for a blade that cuts through armor...

Also, worth noting; it's not "would", it's "WILL". If I'm recalling correctly, the Nikana Prime was one of the two Prime weapons shown alongside Excalibur Umbra, along with the Kunai/Spira(?) Prime.
    Sure, let me know whenever you need it. If anyone happens to need Karak W Receivers, I can give those out too. And hell, while at it, I could toss my normal Lens to anyone who could envision using them.
    All right, I'll let you know when I have the plat. Kiyoshi could use one of those Karak Receivers, too.
    Yeah, that'd work. I often play with like 6-7 different frames in a day (tho lately I've been spending even more time on Mirage than usual) and I like to earn focus organically as I do other stuff so I'd miss out on a lot of focus if I didn't have a bunch of Lens. Tho after the "teammate kill affinity gain doesn't give focus"-issue is fixed, it'll probably be much easier again to earn it and unless the cap gets changed, it's probably less than necessary to have all your completed frames earning focus. I just like the freedom of choice.
    Same here. I have a habit of building my characters as Warframes, too, and I get some variety there by swapping between characters on a regular basis.
    I personally went with Zenurik, tho with the nerf to the efficiency skill (it went from "for the remainder of the current mission" to "for 5 seconds"...), the only one I really want and use is the energy regeneration one, which still lasts for the whole mission. It alone gives more energy regen than 4 frames sporting Energy Siphon so I finally have my easy route to energy sustenance while running Corrosive Projection - rather key since I rely heavily on Quick Thinking on most frames (and I can afford to run worse Efficiency on many frames). Once I finish maxing out the skill (it's currently on rank 2), I'll probably just start working on Naramon or Madurai though as Zenurik is full of those seemingly useless 5 second buffs; it's almost like these numbers are placeholders and DE forgot to implement the real ones. 5 seconds per 5 minutes just isn't very useful no matter what you get and they don't even have the courtesy of being flashy.
    Really, it got nerfed? That's a shame. Might have to look into Naramon too, in that case.
    Yeah, in this particular case it's extra-weird for all the reasons you stated. I'm just overall not really a fan of what they did with Broken War/War. I don't like component weapons being so damn good as to overshadow a whole class and I don't like War's damage type or attack speed. It looks cool but it just doesn't feel as awesome as it looks IMHO.
    Fully agree. If the Broken War is going to be this...well, broken, then the War simply isn't impressive enough.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-12-13 at 05:50 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329

Actually, I've gotten a Telos Boltor recently and noticed a bit of a different feel - maybe it's just me, but they do feel at least noticeably different. For the record, my preference actually lies with the Telos for the Truth effect and larger clip.
    I prefer Boltor Prime solely for the accuracy. I can use BoltorP at midranges but TBoltor feels like it just shoots all over the place by comparison. I do like Truth; Gas procs that proc very high base damage Toxin clouds (which in turn proc Toxin) do surprisingly reasonable damage even very high up, and bypass shields as ever. I don't like it quite enough here tho. But yeah, it's one of the cases where I think either is a fine pick. Though admittedly I haven't used a Boltor of any persuasion in a very long time (after leveling Telos Boltor for the first time in fact; as an Arbiters of Hexis-member, this was right when they were added to the game). The overabundance of the weapon type makes me less inclined to pick it for any given purpose even tho I've always liked Boltor-style weapons, be it WH40K or Quake.

Also, worth noting; it's not "would", it's "WILL". If I'm recalling correctly, the Nikana Prime was one of the two Prime weapons shown alongside Excalibur Umbra, along with the Kunai/Spira(?) Prime.
    Ah, it'll probably be rather vanilla then. Well, we'll see. I can't see them making it worse than Dragon Nikana but it kinda hurts if they make it better... Feels like a no-win choice.

All right, I'll let you know when I have the plat. Kiyoshi could use one of those Karak Receivers, too.
    I don't really need much of anything for it: those pieces aren't particularly valuable to me seeing as I can't use them for anything other than selling (and I have more stuff than time far as selling goes anyways). Catch me online some time and we'll arrange the trade. Tho I guess it isn't in a particular hurry if you're still missing two pieces.

Really, it got nerfed? That's a shame. Might have to look into Naramon too, in that case.
    The energy regen skill from Zenurik is what I'd classify as a must-have; as it's a first tier skill it's pretty painless to open Zenurik, level it, and go somewhere else. As such I'd recommend doing just that. But yeah, Naramon has additive melee crit chance and invisibility IIRC so if you like hitting things in melee, it's just awesome.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-13 at 06:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

I prefer Boltor Prime solely for the accuracy. I can use BoltorP at midranges but TBoltor feels like it just shoots all over the place by comparison. I do like Truth; Gas procs that proc very high base damage Toxin clouds (which in turn proc Toxin) do surprisingly reasonable damage even very high up, and bypass shields as ever. I don't like it quite enough here tho. But yeah, it's one of the cases where I think either is a fine pick. Though admittedly I haven't used a Boltor of any persuasion in a very long time (after leveling Telos Boltor for the first time in fact; as an Arbiters of Hexis-member, this was right when they were added to the game). The overabundance of the weapon type makes me less inclined to pick it for any given purpose even tho I've always liked Boltor-style weapons, be it WH40K or Quake.
    Same here, though Kiyoshi is exceptionally fond of his Boltor Prime.

Ah, it'll probably be rather vanilla then. Well, we'll see. I can't see them making it worse than Dragon Nikana but it kinda hurts if they make it better... Feels like a no-win choice.
    Hoping for crit, hoping for crit...

I don't really need much of anything for it: those pieces aren't particularly valuable to me seeing as I can't use them for anything other than selling (and I have more stuff than time far as selling goes anyways). Catch me online some time and we'll arrange the trade. Tho I guess it isn't in a particular hurry if you're still missing two pieces.
    I'm online right now, actually. Kiyoshi's got 200 plat that he apparently owes you for Keledrath, I can hand that off.

The energy regen skill from Zenurik is what I'd classify as a must-have; as it's a first tier skill it's pretty painless to open Zenurik, level it, and go somewhere else. As such I'd recommend doing just that. But yeah, Naramon has additive melee crit chance and invisibility IIRC so if you like hitting things in melee, it's just awesome.
    I very much do like hitting things in melee :D I'll definitely have to look into Naramon.