New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Our's yesterday was given a Lato Prime and for whatever reason wandered off to the Spawn room so the Limbo was able to keep it boxed in a small area by body blocking it every time it tried to leave again.
    Didnt get the third mission finished tho as by then with several breaks in play my internet quality had degraded far enough to be impossible to play with any degree of ease
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-01-16 at 04:49 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Vauban chassis alert ended as I was selecting the mission. It's the last piece of him that I need.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

Having maxed out my Nezha, opinion is: eh, he's entertaining enough. He's rather effective, but it kinda bothers me that his entire kit is attempting to rip off other frames - his 3 being the most irritating example, being an Iron Skin knockoff that doesn't really fit with the rest of his kit.

Still working on getting the Rapier stance - currently using Comba/Scrambus units as my choice victims, on my R5 farm on Triton. One of my runs yielded a pair of Combustion Beam mods - is that a particularly useful mod, or just a curiosity?
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

4. - Top - End - #454
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    Having maxed out my Nezha, opinion is: eh, he's entertaining enough. He's rather effective, but it kinda bothers me that his entire kit is attempting to rip off other frames - his 3 being the most irritating example, being an Iron Skin knockoff that doesn't really fit with the rest of his kit.

Still working on getting the Rapier stance - currently using Comba/Scrambus units as my choice victims, on my R5 farm on Triton. One of my runs yielded a pair of Combustion Beam mods - is that a particularly useful mod, or just a curiosity?
    I've had two Vulpine Masks drop after buying one for 100p few hours before they were added to Comba/Scrambus enemies. I can toss you one if you can catch me online. Same applies to anyone else interested, btw.

As for Combustion Beam, yeah, it's mostly a curiosity. Well, it allows Amprex to clear low level places even quicker so I suppose that's something but ultimately, for enemies over level ~30-40, it's of little value. Certainly not as much as the modslot it's taking.

Nezha, I personally liked him. Firewalker felt cool. My biggest gripe with him is that Divine Spears don't seem to do anything to Ancient Healer-protected enemies making it rather useless on higher level Corrupted/Infested missions though. But yeah, his 3 is certainly just a slightly different Iron Skin. I like how it staggerlocks enemies and keeps all melees away tho. I build Nezha max range max effi myself, just spamming all that CC.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-01-19 at 12:41 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I've had two Vulpine Masks drop after buying one for 100p few hours before they were added to Comba/Scrambus enemies. I can toss you one if you can catch me online. Same applies to anyone else interested, btw.

As for Combustion Beam, yeah, it's mostly a curiosity. Well, it allows Amprex to clear low level places even quicker so I suppose that's something but ultimately, for enemies over level ~30-40, it's of little value. Certainly not as much as the modslot it's taking.

Nezha, I personally liked him. Firewalker felt cool. My biggest gripe with him is that Divine Spears don't seem to do anything to Ancient Healer-protected enemies making it rather useless on higher level Corrupted/Infested missions though. But yeah, his 3 is certainly just a slightly different Iron Skin. I like how it staggerlocks enemies and keeps all melees away tho. I build Nezha max range max effi myself, just spamming all that CC.
    Are you looking for anything in particular in exchange for that Vulpine Mask? I'm definitely interested, but as usual, I am a poor Tenno with no Platinum :(

EDIT: Never mind, Keledrath and I just got it to drop on Triton.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-01-19 at 03:34 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456

My last two frames to level are building. Helped some people get the bits of Hydroid they needed and picked up what i needed then knuckled down and did Jordas Golem four times to get the parts for Atlas. Missing Hate, War and Brakk for Non Archweapons (not counting Machete since its unobtanium).

Not a huge fan of Nezha but im keeping it now for a while just for the Speed, my goto for getting a Deception mission done now. Pick up Thing, activate firewalker and try not to get hung up on doors/random boxes and go
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-01-19 at 03:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #457
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Been slowly working my way through the second dream quest, any thoughts on which lens thingy to pick at the end? It will probably be my only one for a while since I almost never will have time to run the whole 3 mission thingy in a day.
    Long-form Sig

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    Been slowly working my way through the second dream quest, any thoughts on which lens thingy to pick at the end? It will probably be my only one for a while since I almost never will have time to run the whole 3 mission thingy in a day.
    It's ultimately a side-project for people who are interested in more grinding - if you don't want to deal with it feel free to pick one that is in-line with your RP flavor.

If you're more interested in min-maxing, the two current popular metas are Zenurik's passive ability for a high constant energy replenishment and Naramon's stealth on melee crits.

I went with Unairu, a universally-panned school because I don't particularly care and want to see what I can do with an underpowered set of abilities before they buff it.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    Let's see:

Zenurik: Energy regen. My most used in spite of it being kind of a one-trick pony. Energy is the lifeblood of Warframes.

Naramon: Melee stealth. Strong to the point of absurdity; much like Ash with Arcane Trickery, you have non-power base invisibility that nothing in the game can detect.

Vazarin: Instant revival (that is, no revive timer) ability for the whole team, albeit limited uses. Incredibly useful to have one around in teamplay.

Madurai: Giant laser of doom every couple of minutes. Also minor damage bonuses.

Unairu: Armor bonuses and the ability to petrify enemies in melee.

Other than Unairu, I consider any of the 4 a reasonable choice. Naramon is just much, much better than Unairu (then again, it might be something you consider too good depending on how you like to play the game). I started with Zenurik and the energy regen effect is a godsent on allowing me to build and play more freely on more frames without a Trinity nearby. Madurai is the one where the focus power is more important than the passives: a good choice if you enjoy giant lasers of doom (albeit at a long cooldown). Vazarin is just incredibly convenient and a good teampower.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

I thought that Madurai's claim to fame was a broad passive buff to all slash damage done, including ranged weapons. That certainly seems more useful than a once-every-5-minute laser, especially in a game where static damage numbers, no matter how large, stop mattering after a certain point.

In fact, ignoring the active ability entirely seems to be the current approach to the focuses - punch it once, activate the passive, and then reap the benefits.

-RFC 1925

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

/pokes Mobius

Are you on Warframe atm? I still have that Unairu Lens

EDIT - Nevermind... Ah well.
    Re - Focus. Yeah Naramon is insanely strong. I'm rather disappointed tbh, because picking up a crit melee weapon and stealthing around smacking dudes doesn't feel like playing an amazing tactician/strategist (to me at least).
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2016-01-20 at 04:25 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

12. - Top - End - #462

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius Twist View Post
    I thought that Madurai's claim to fame was a broad passive buff to all slash damage done, including ranged weapons. That certainly seems more useful than a once-every-5-minute laser, especially in a game where static damage numbers, no matter how large, stop mattering after a certain point.

In fact, ignoring the active ability entirely seems to be the current approach to the focuses - punch it once, activate the passive, and then reap the benefits.
    Eh, yeah, it's nice but not all that important. I mean, the bonus is pretty good but ultimately it's just kinda wasted outside extreme lategame runs. Current top weapons already pack way more punch than you need even in Sorties. If I were to pick Madurai, my primary reason would be the awesome-looking Ancient Egyptian Laser Beam. The damage is actually quite good and while the cooldown is long enough that it isn't really a reliable part of any strategy, it looks cool and feels awesome. Out of all the focus abilities, I think it has the best visuals.

But yes, practically speaking the best way to use the schools is to just level the passives and ignore buffing the active effects, using it only if it happens to be useful for what you wanna do (I use Zenurik's Void Pulse a fair bit as CC when I'm otherwise short for instance, but it's just the base Void Pulse with nothing else to it). In Madurai's case, I'm more interested in "awesome" than "practical" though.

It's worth noting that Unairu is quite strong too. Literally its only flaw is that it's not as strong as Naramon (and the fact that the armor bonus is useful only on a rather limited subset of frames). And in superlate, the armor penetration actually gets to be really useful.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-01-20 at 04:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

I'm not one to typically rail against Baro Ki'Teer and his offerings - they're extras to people who've exhausted all other acquisition options. That said, today they've gone away from offering otherwise inaccessible things to offering objects that are either accessible through the market (at rates that are not favorably comparable to current Platinum-for-primes exchange rates) for platinum, or in-game through special events.

It's interesting to see the reaction from Reddit, at least. Some people are trying to offer a balanced perspective, while others are crying "RIOT 2.0".

Personally, I'll pick up the bane mod and leave the rest of the offerings for someone else. I rarely get a chance to play for multiple hours, much less multiple days, so the boosters aren't for me. I've got several catalysts and reactors built and waiting for a good weapon as well, so that's not enticing.

-RFC 1925

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius Twist View Post
    I'm not one to typically rail against Baro Ki'Teer and his offerings - they're extras to people who've exhausted all other acquisition options. That said, today they've gone away from offering otherwise inaccessible things to offering objects that are either accessible through the market (at rates that are not favorably comparable to current Platinum-for-primes exchange rates) for platinum, or in-game through special events.

It's interesting to see the reaction from Reddit, at least. Some people are trying to offer a balanced perspective, while others are crying "RIOT 2.0".

Personally, I'll pick up the bane mod and leave the rest of the offerings for someone else. I rarely get a chance to play for multiple hours, much less multiple days, so the boosters aren't for me. I've got several catalysts and reactors built and waiting for a good weapon as well, so that's not enticing.
    I look at it this way: Precisely nothing Baro offers is remotely necessary, and all of it is possible to attain without Plat. Who cares if he offers boosts now. I wish he had more new things more often, but I understand there might be reasons for not doing so.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    I look at it this way: Precisely nothing Baro offers is remotely necessary, and all of it is possible to attain without Plat. Who cares if he offers boosts now. I wish he had more new things more often, but I understand there might be reasons for not doing so.
    The problem is less that he offers these things, and more that the proces are ridiculously inflated. I actually wouldn't mind if this week's selection, minus the Bane mod, was available every time he swung by as a second option in case you don't like his randomized offerings. The prices have to be FAIR, though.

It's generally considered to be the case that 10 ducats=1 plat in trading for ducat fodder. Which is a better price for a Catalyst - 20 Platinum, or 70 Platinum AND 400k credits?

All of these prices are ridiculously uneven, and he showed up on LARUNDA RELAY to top it all off. You know, Larunda? Mercury's relay, AKA where all the new players who don't know the exchange values yet congregate en masse?

It's like they're TRYING to maximize the potential negative impact.

16. - Top - End - #466

I'll have to say, I'm far less negative about the new Sortie Defenses now that I've played it without bugs for a few days. I've still had some trouble with the moron going to random places (the Uranus Defense was a royal pain with the Operative teleporting each wave, and randomly strolling into the layered tunnels after teleporting forcing us to play a stupid game of hide'n'seek), but overall it's been far more tolerable and I haven't been getting random fission mail anymore. Today I also saw a great technique for controlling the idiot a bit. Someone had no secondary equipped and gave the "empty" weapon to him freezing the Operative in place: very convenient for future use.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

No secondary? But my twin grakatas are my best weapon!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

18. - Top - End - #468

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    No secondary? But my twin grakatas are my best weapon!
    Heh, it's not like you have to. Also, it's enough for one player in the group to do it. The trick isn't by any stretch necessary of course but protecting the Operative is a lot easier when he doesn't wander off somewhere the second you turn your head.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

It's that time again, tenno!

No, not tenno clock.

Operation time!

Stalker made some friends, and Alad V is calling in his favor for protection.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    It's that time again, tenno!

No, not tenno clock.

Operation time!

*image cut for size*

Stalker made some friends, and Alad V is calling in his favor for protection.
    Good mods drop off these guys as well. Hopefully, we can get these later too. I don't want to be stuck without the rare-as-hell Argon Scope by the end of all this.

I do, however, have Blood Rush and Body Count, which together have restored my faith in Warframe's melee system.
    MY VENKA RELIABLY RED CRIT THIS IS AMAZING
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-01-26 at 01:58 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Took the MR17 test this morning, ran out of time part way through and the game booted me from the test. Aren't you supposed to get 3 tries normally? Not the best way to start the day, but when I get home today I'll have enough weapons ready in the foundry to get me most of the way to 18

wait a minute... that means I need to level them all. the grind is real...
    Long-form Sig

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, apparently Torment is already dead, according to wiki. RIP

I never got my Argon Scope, though :(

Guess I'll have to wait for Misery to show up.

EDIT: Never mind, they put Torment back. Mod rewards are also hidden until you finish the mission for these guys. Good, less quitting when you don't get what you want.

EDIT 2: And I finally got my Argon Scope, yay! :D Now to figure out what I'm dropping on my Soma Prime...

Also, would it be worth using on the Tonkor, considering that it's kinda difficult to actually get a headshot with the thing now? Is there a trick to explosive headshots now?
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-01-27 at 07:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Today's been productive, actually sat around waiting for acolytes to turn up instead of playing Dragon's Dogma, and I've gotten all the mods except the set that drops from the guy we haven't seen yet.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh good. I missed Torment due to work and have to work again today. (Now, in fact)

I'll note down spare mods I get if anyone wants when I get back to my PC, if anyone wants? (Freebies or trade for others!)

Gee, I really want Argon Scope and Blood Rush! (I think. The melee one that adds crit depending on combo multiplier)
    Argon Scope for my Paris Prime sounds awesome. ^.^

EDIT - Also, I have a spare NeZha Helmet if anyone wants it. (I'm Jion-Zyn on PC)
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2016-01-27 at 09:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Today's been productive, actually sat around waiting for acolytes to turn up instead of playing Dragon's Dogma, and I've gotten all the mods except the set that drops from the guy we haven't seen yet.
    I'm not overly concerned about getting all of them yet; DE said in the latest hotfix notes that these guys will be popping up sporadically in the future. For the moment, I'm making sure I have full scans and trying to get all of the crit mods. Torment's been nice thus far, now let's see if Violence is as generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Oh good. I missed Torment due to work and have to work again today. (Now, in fact)

I'll note down spare mods I get if anyone wants when I get back to my PC, if anyone wants? (Freebies or trade for others!)

Gee, I really want Argon Scope and Blood Rush! (I think. The melee one that adds crit depending on combo multiplier)
    Argon Scope for my Paris Prime sounds awesome. ^.^
    Yeah, you're thinking of Blood Rush. It's kind of amazing, though my earlier post about it was the result of flawed math. My beloved Venka aren't quite red critting yet, though I hold out hope that the last two ranks on the mod will bring it into red crit range. Now, the Tekko on the other hand...

Also, unless they changed it, Argon Scope doesn't work on the standard bows, though it does work on the Artemis Bow for some reason.

EDIT: Oh, still trying to figure out if Hydraulic Crosshairs is worth using on the AkSomati/Twin Grakatas, and what I should drop if so. Same with Laser Sight on the Vaykor Hek. Thoughts?
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-01-27 at 09:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476

There's still the "boss" one who according to the wiki can drop any of the mods so you may still have a chance and it'll be up for 3 days. I was getting Red Crits consistantly on my Prisma Cleavers last night.

Just logged in and Torment is back up on 82%
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-01-28 at 01:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

I was almost late to work today because I happened to check my phone and saw that there was a Vauban chassis alert active when I got up. So that's building now, and Sunday night I'll have another new frame to play with.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Dwarf in the Playground

Welp, Angst is dead. Guess those wounds really wouldn't heal.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, you're thinking of Blood Rush. It's kind of amazing, though my earlier post about it was the result of flawed math. My beloved Venka aren't quite red critting yet, though I hold out hope that the last two ranks on the mod will bring it into red crit range. Now, the Tekko on the other hand...

Also, unless they changed it, Argon Scope doesn't work on the standard bows, though it does work on the Artemis Bow for some reason.
    I got Bloodrush and immediately put it on the weapon I use with Wukong and Valkyr. It's very awesome! I really like the themes of the new mods and vastly prefer one which does stuff on say, combos and headshot over plain +crit or +dmg.

I also got Argon Scope and it does indeed work on my Paris Prime at least. It's rather good and very fun! Whether it's an overkill or not, seeing a lot of red numbers is just so nice. I've yet to take it to a higher level mission. It also seems to be a very nice mod for sniper guns, which is good because I'm levelling three soon and have found them fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I was almost late to work today because I happened to check my phone and saw that there was a Vauban chassis alert active when I got up. So that's building now, and Sunday night I'll have another new frame to play with.
    Gratz! I found Vauban fun. It's a shame acquiring him is a bit of a pain.

Welp, Angst is dead. Guess those wounds really wouldn't heal.
    Heheh.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

So, last night while farming up some plastids/R5s on Sealab Survival, Fenrys and I decided to test something. He spent the entire mission punching an Occulyst that would not leave with his Blood Rush/Body Count Tekko. He reached x4 combo (1215, for anyone curious). He then punched a random grineer in the face for a 30k red crit.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro