New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Power V: The Final Yawntier

There was no plan

It still bothered me that they are so fixated on catching Danica, but they never had anything remotely resembling a plan on HOW to get her.
    It's not like they had a plan, it failed and they improvised "plan B". They never had any idea what they should do.

Still, not a bad update for a change.
    An actual character moment.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Seriously, Burke-man, you don't want to shoot the girl? That's, like, sooo rude."
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

3. - Top - End - #363
    Colossus in the Playground

I just dont get the whole thing. They had her flat footed and vulnerable. SHOOT HER THEN! Now they are going to pick a fight with a star powered that obliterated half their organization solo.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I just dont get the whole thing. They had her flat footed and vulnerable. SHOOT HER THEN! Now they are going to pick a fight with a star powered that obliterated half their organization solo.
    Presumably for the same reason they didn't snipe her before:
    It'd attract too much attention for them to get away afterwards.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    There was no plan

It still bothered me that they are so fixated on catching Danica, but they never had anything remotely resembling a plan on HOW to get her.
    It's not like they had a plan, it failed and they improvised "plan B". They never had any idea what they should do.

Still, not a bad update for a change.
    An actual character moment.
    At least they stay in character. Human guy (Burke?) doesn't really want to kill Danica, so he mostly keeps Void Angel #3 (Skyle?)from acting. Void Angel #3 is to impulsive and angry to plan anything. And Void Angel #3 (Non-flirtperson?) never shows any ambition and just follows.
    So yay?
    Last edited by Welf; 2016-05-16 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

6. - Top - End - #366

Quote Originally Posted by AMX View Post
    Presumably for the same reason they didn't snipe her before:
    It'd attract too much attention for them to get away afterwards.
    Well that and shooting her while she is powered up would probably not work too well. Girl has tanked battleships before, I dont think a sniper rifle is going to do much. And I dont see how kidnapping a member of the research group is going to attract less attention. Shoot her in the face, alot, then run for your super special super stealthy vorp angel fighter craft and leave to celebrate a job well done. But no, that makes way too much sense. Lets royally piss her off, give her time to think and plan and THEN have our big show down with ships and weapons we know wont work against her!

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Update

At least Danica was smart enough to ask for other options before rushing in by herself.

Another update

Not much to comment here.

Third update

I'm guessing there is a joke here like "Danica is getting Vorped from behind", but what really interests me is the following question: Is someone still reading this?
    Last edited by random11; 2016-05-23 at 01:07 AM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I'm reading this, really bored by it though.

Even in a really good work the whole "Do as we say or we kill random kidnapped bystander" thing bores me to death, let alone star power.

These guys are also the polar opposite of interesting villains to me ... I assume Mookie's writing some sort of "man wouldn't it be a cool twist if the goons from earlier were a good challenge on their own!"-thing ... but it just feels boring to me.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    I'm reading this, really bored by it though.

Even in a really good work the whole "Do as we say or we kill random kidnapped bystander" thing bores me to death, let alone star power.

These guys are also the polar opposite of interesting villains to me ... I assume Mookie's writing some sort of "man wouldn't it be a cool twist if the goons from earlier were a good challenge on their own!"-thing ... but it just feels boring to me.
    However the cartoonist hasn't left. There has to be something coming a not-total-dimwit could find amusing.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2016-05-23 at 08:54 AM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

10. - Top - End - #370

Imagine a Star Wars retcon where the two stormtroopers manipulated by Obiwan with the famous "these are not the droids you're looking for" line become the major antagonists in Return of the Jedi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Imagine a Star Wars retcon where the two stormtroopers manipulated by Obiwan with the famous "these are not the droids you're looking for" line become the major antagonists in Return of the Jedi.
    "Hey, these ARE the droids we're looking for!"

One saber-flare later there are two less stormtroopers in the galaxy.

12. - Top - End - #372

You mean, Gary the Stormtrooper?

13. - Top - End - #373

I just really dont get it. She has taken hits from void angel battleships. Why the HECK do these single person fighter pilots think they can do more than annoy her?

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

I just really dont get it. She has taken hits from void angel battleships. Why the HECK do these single person fighter pilots think they can do more than annoy her?
    They could threaten her coworker's life if she tries to move or defend herself. Even then I doubt the battleship cannons can do much harm to her. She could even be recharged by them.

Using the power of friendship-between-coworkerers, Danica will sense her location and fly at super-speed to her rescue. Coworker (*) will be annoyed Danica didn't figure her location from the Dance-of-Coordinates she just performed. Danica will apologize. The Three Void Angels will fly away swearing vengeance but the human angel will leave because he's better than that. Danica will get all the rewards from impressed masked-dude.

(*) What her name anyway?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm guessing she can't attack since she doesn't know which ship contains the hostage.
    If she doesn't do anything, it will be a death by a thousand plastic forks.

My guess is that she will receive a few more Vorps, fall toward the planet and crash EXACTLY on the temple or whatever it is she is looking for.

16. - Top - End - #376

You know lady, you are super maneuverable. Spin in place till you see them destealth THEN SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE! You can tank at least a couple shots from them, they cant handle any hits from you! Seriously, this entire setup is so damn stupid and fake. Mookie has apparently decided to make the star fighters super strong compared to where they were. Oh wait, if spinning around isnt enough of a strat, try putting up an egg shaped shield around yourself instead of floating there like an ignorant turd. Gah, just so much stupid!

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #378

You know lady, you are super maneuverable. Spin in place till you see them destealth THEN SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE! You can tank at least a couple shots from them, they cant handle any hits from you! Seriously, this entire setup is so damn stupid and fake. Mookie has apparently decided to make the star fighters super strong compared to where they were. Oh wait, if spinning around isnt enough of a strat, try putting up an egg shaped shield around yourself instead of floating there like an ignorant turd. Gah, just so much stupid!
    Full rotation is insufficiently observing! There must be lookings up and down!

I sort-of like these two pages - she acts careless (almost like she knows she's a Mary-Sue protagonist), and as a result she gets shot in the back by small-time antagonists that just happen to remember their one established advantage.

19. - Top - End - #379

NecromancerGuy

The first time these guys ever shot her, it was enough to make her cry out in pain. So I guess her not being able to take too many more of their attacks isn't too crazy. The crazy thing is the part where she hasn't thrown up any sort of shield. That's how she dealt with having to fight a swarm of these fighters. Creating a shield is how she survived a barrage from multiple battleships.

I will point out how weird it is that the fighters were able to damage the shield she created, but using the shield to tank battleship fire wasn't an issue. You'd think that if a fighter was enough to damage it, battleship fire would have obliterated her shield and gone on to mess her up.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

She's still running on empty. She doesn't have the energy for a strong shield.

21. - Top - End - #381

The fact that the vorp angels can learn from their mistakes (on a tactical level, at least) makes me think that they really are the best characters in this comic.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

22. - Top - End - #382

I am impressed, Mookie is really showing these people as a realistic menace.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Shoot the ships and kill the hostage? I hate to say it, but that might be even dumber than what she's doing. It is off that she isn't defending herself better but the idea that these guys can apply tactics has made this plot pretty interesting for now.

24. - Top - End - #384

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I am impressed, Mookie is really showing these people as a realistic menace.
    Which is why the latest update is introducing a reason why their tactic cannot work anymore, as well as another reason why their next tactic will fail. Danger canceled, tension averted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

25. - Top - End - #385

Which is why the latest update is introducing a reason why their tactic cannot work anymore, as well as another reason why their next tactic will fail. Danger canceled, tension averted.
    Indeed - I was this close to hoping for some kind of creative-yet-logical solution... maybe dive into the planet's atmosphere, so she can see the invisible fighters plowing through the clouds?

But no, the threatening tactic conveniently stops working all by itself...

26. - Top - End - #386

This explains why I root for the Void Angels - they are the ones with an active part, facing difficulties and doing their best to succeed in spite of them. They are the ones trying to kill the dragon, so to say. Danica never gave such a vibe. It's sort of like with Back Hole Billy, if he hadn't been such an idiot, he would have made for an interesting protagonist because of the odds he was facing alone in SSSS.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    This explains why I root for the Void Angels - they are the ones with an active part, facing difficulties and doing their best to succeed in spite of them. They are the ones trying to kill the dragon, so to say. Danica never gave such a vibe. It's sort of like with Back Hole Billy, if he hadn't been such an idiot, he would have made for an interesting protagonist because of the odds he was facing alone in SSSS.
    So... it's like a comic told from the perspective of Lex Luthor trying to kill Superman?

Only Lex is an idiot/gaggle of idiots.

28. - Top - End - #388

NecromancerGuy

Update

Huh . . . I, uh . . . Huh.

Maybe it's a trick of the light, but this update is . . . Her outfit when transformed is looking quite a bit like it should be NSFW.

Were those areas always so transparent?
    Last edited by Shogo; 2016-05-29 at 11:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #389

It's not actual transparency if you are referring to panel 2, it's the red light of the vorp guns making non-silvery parts of the customs look flesh-coloured.

Now, will Beena be chopped to pieces? Thus shall all end, those who oppose the First Caste!

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Burke, you da playa.

I feel like his loyalty to his comrades might have taken a hit. And he has good-girl booty now. Will the power of love prevail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin