New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

If they go anime I would love to see Zorro VS Kenshin, but that would be to one sided to really enjoy.

Spoiler: Also Watched the new episode
    Show
    Kinda stupid, Hulk would have several abilities that would allow him to kill Doomsday. In particular I don't think Doomsday has ever been killed by Gamma Radiation. Also Green Scar was FAR from mindless. Also weird pseudoscience bullcripe about how the Hulk can only be so angry.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2016-11-09 at 03:35 PM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know if I'd call it a 'duh'. They did admit on Monday that it was the closest match they'd ever done and that it took ages for them to decide a winner.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

3. - Top - End - #453
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    If they go anime I would love to see Zorro VS Kenshin, but that would be to one sided to really enjoy.

Spoiler: Also Watched the new episode
    Show
    Kinda stupid, Hulk would have several abilities that would allow him to kill Doomsday. In particular I don't think Doomsday has ever been killed by Gamma Radiation. Also Green Scar was FAR from mindless. Also weird pseudoscience bullcripe about how the Hulk can only be so angry.
    Meh,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Its theoretically possible I guess, but I honestly go more towards their outlook myself. The hulk cant fire off beams of gamma energy capable of obliterating continents, which is basically the power level needed to kill doomsday, and with all his endless deaths, often due to physical violence, im not surprised hulk couldnt smash him well enough. As for pseudo science bullcrap, lets face it, there HAS to be a limit as to how angry you can be. I mean, what exactly comes after blind homicidal rage? When you are enraged beyond the capacity for rational thought, its kind of hard to be able to register more anger, so I always felt the idea hulks strength was as theoretically limitless as say, supermans, was stupid.

Upcoming fight,
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wouldnt be surprised to see him face off against a naruto swordsman. Take your pick, kisame, zabuza, raiga, each has different powers. Im honestly not sure how powerful this guy from one piece is right now, so there is room for a sliding scale of opponents.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Upcoming fight,
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wouldnt be surprised to see him face off against a naruto swordsman. Take your pick, kisame, zabuza, raiga, each has different powers. Im honestly not sure how powerful this guy from one piece is right now, so there is room for a sliding scale of opponents.
    Wow, I kind of took that as an insult there

Spoiler
    Show

I guess Zoro is somewhere mid range Naruto level now, power wise. Not the landscape buster level but certainly beyond most pesky ninja. Kisame might be a decent match but I don't think he is popular enough. Kenshin might be able to keep up technique wise but I don't recall him cutting buildings...
    But Zoro used to be a bounty hunter, maybe they'll include that when chosing his opponent.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #455
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: Pseudo-Science
    Show
    The way to defeat the Hulk has often been to punch him hard enough until he stops being the Hulk. The pseudo-science is just some justification how that might work. Maybe its even the canon explanation in the comics. No matter the explanation, the Hulk was shown several times to revert to Bruce Banner after taking a lot of punishment in a short amount of time. Thus, the way he was defeated here is quite possible.

6. - Top - End - #456

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Wow, I kind of took that as an insult there

Spoiler
    Show

I guess Zoro is somewhere mid range Naruto level now, power wise. Not the landscape buster level but certainly beyond most pesky ninja. Kisame might be a decent match but I don't think he is popular enough. Kenshin might be able to keep up technique wise but I don't recall him cutting buildings...
    But Zoro used to be a bounty hunter, maybe they'll include that when chosing his opponent.
    Sorry, I had temporarily blanked on his name. lol

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zoro vs samurai jack!
    I Am A:Neutral Good Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

i think x-men's appocolypse would have been a better opponent for doomsday. Both are incredibly old, incredilby powerful, and named after the end of the world!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Surprised at folks going for a Naruto character vs a swordsman. There was a previously popular manga that was released around the same time with plenty of samurai spirits, right? Kenpachi is an iconic blood knight, but is way too OP by the end of Bleach.

If it's "silly swordfighting style", Zoro vs Killer Bee would probably be my pick, but that might be a stomp. I dunno much about Mifune from Soul Eater, but that's another multi weapon fighter.

How about multiweapon fighters from DC/Marvel? Deathstroke and Deadpool are already done. Elektra? **** Grayson?

In the end, I'm guessing they'll pick another samurai archetypal character. Hopefully from a different medium. Hey, maybe a force user?
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2016-11-10 at 04:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Zorro vs. Man in Black / Wesley from the Princess Bride. Calling it.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Its theoretically possible I guess, but I honestly go more towards their outlook myself. The hulk cant fire off beams of gamma energy capable of obliterating continents, which is basically the power level needed to kill doomsday, and with all his endless deaths, often due to physical violence, im not surprised hulk couldnt smash him well enough.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Worldbreaker Hulk has fired off "beams of gamma energy" capable of obliterating planets, and it's said that if he remained in his Worldbreaker state his gamma output would eventually grow beyond his control and destroy the universe.

There are numerous instances of Hulk fighting enemies who can absorb/reflect/adapt to his powers by just feeding them so much power that they overload.

IIRC Hulk has lifted Thor's hammer without being worthy; in the JLA/Avengers crossover Superman couldn't do this (though he gets to wield it anyway due to its enchantment having an "in time of greatest need" escape clause).
    Last edited by Prime32; 2016-11-10 at 10:38 AM.

12. - Top - End - #462

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl45DM! View Post
    Zoro vs samurai jack!
    Yes. This.

There needs to be a samurai Jack death battle, and (from what isolated and random clips), Zoro seems to be on a similar scale
    I'M NOT CRAZY!!

I just find sanity a rather dull affair

13. - Top - End - #463
    Banned

Meh,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Its theoretically possible I guess, but I honestly go more towards their outlook myself. The hulk cant fire off beams of gamma energy capable of obliterating continents, which is basically the power level needed to kill doomsday, and with all his endless deaths, often due to physical violence, im not surprised hulk couldnt smash him well enough. As for pseudo science bullcrap, lets face it, there HAS to be a limit as to how angry you can be. I mean, what exactly comes after blind homicidal rage? When you are enraged beyond the capacity for rational thought, its kind of hard to be able to register more anger, so I always felt the idea hulks strength was as theoretically limitless as say, supermans, was stupid.
    Of course there's realistically a limit to how angry you can be. That doesn't apply to the Hulk though. Getting angrier/stronger forever is literally his whole schtick. If you take it away then it's not the Hulk anymore, it's just some strong green dude.

It would be like doing a death battle with a Final Fantasy character without their signature items and skills. And we all know they would never be so ridiculous as to ignore a central part of a character just to favor one side, right?

I don't actually care who won though. Neither character can fly, so the entire fight would just consist of which character gets punched into space first, never to return.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2016-11-10 at 10:58 AM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Zorro vs. Man in Black / Wesley from the Princess Bride. Calling it.
    That's not the Zoro being used here, so this seems unlikely to say the least. It's a shame too; that's the better Zorro.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    That's not the Zoro being used here, so this seems unlikely to say the least. It's a shame too; that's the better Zorro.
    Hey Okay, Zoro is not Oda's strongest character but he's better than the worse Zorros...

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl45DM! View Post
    Zoro vs samurai jack!
    I don't know much about Jack but... I think he's outclassed. Zoro at this point is easily beyond top human, which I think Jack would qualify as. (Obviously, correct me)

Looking at the evil site's list of dual wielders...
    Maybe Hellsing's Anderson, as he is quite super human, but hard to gauge his max (spoiler) potential.
    FT's Erza would be very fitting with OP vs FT, as the big fight of Shounen. Though, since Erza is Erza, Zoro has no chance of winning. Then again, she has no friendship power in DB...
    Levi? Also anime, but not quite super human, I guess.
    Kirito maybe... but then I think it would be beyond his ability to keep up with Zoro.
    Not much else that jump right at me... Fighter McWarrior?

Of course, they could not use the multi-wield feature at all and go for pirates or... anything.
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Okay, Zoro is not Oda's strongest character but he's better than the worse Zorros...

I don't know much about Jack but... I think he's outclassed. Zoro at this point is easily beyond top human, which I think Jack would qualify as. (Obviously, correct me)

Looking at the evil site's list of dual wielders...
    Maybe Hellsing's Anderson, as he is quite super human, but hard to gauge his max (spoiler) potential.
    FT's Erza would be very fitting with OP vs FT, as the big fight of Shounen. Though, since Erza is Erza, Zoro has no chance of winning. Then again, she has no friendship power in DB...
    Levi? Also anime, but not quite super human, I guess.
    Kirito maybe... but then I think it would be beyond his ability to keep up with Zoro.
    Not much else that jump right at me... Fighter McWarrior?

Of course, they could not use the multi-wield feature at all and go for pirates or... anything.
    How about Archer from Fate/Stay Night?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #467

ElfWarriorGuy

You whot mate?

Jack trained sick he was a kid with the best warriors in the world, from robin hood to shaolin monks, to fight a world conquering evil.

His feet include:
    Jumping so good it seems he's flying
    Fighting an army of giant robot bugs by himself
    Dodging Lazer fire
    Fighting the Scotsman for a few days straight before tiring
    Taking down a squad of some of the most notorious bounty hunters in the solar system in about ten seconds
    Surviving multiple boulder - shattering blows, sometimes in succession
    Hiding in the light like a ninja hides in the dark

Plus a lot of other ridiculous 'cartoon physics' things.
    Last edited by A Tad Insane; 2016-11-10 at 04:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Worldbreaker Hulk has fired off "beams of gamma energy" capable of obliterating planets, and it's said that if he remained in his Worldbreaker state his gamma output would eventually grow beyond his control and destroy the universe.

There are numerous instances of Hulk fighting enemies who can absorb/reflect/adapt to his powers by just feeding them so much power that they overload.

IIRC Hulk has lifted Thor's hammer without being worthy; in the JLA/Avengers crossover Superman couldn't do this (though he gets to wield it anyway due to its enchantment having an "in time of greatest need" escape clause).
    Spoiler: Hammer Time
    Show
    The Hammer claims that. Personally I think it just really wanted to say that it was once worthy of being wielded by Superman.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

In one of Zoro's last major fights he cut a mountain to pieces in the matter of seconds. He deserves more credit than you people are giving him.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    In one of Zoro's last major fights he cut a mountain to pieces in the matter of seconds. He deserves more credit than you people are giving him.
    To be fair, One Piece is huge. If you haven't been following along it's easy to lose track of what the characters can do.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #471

ElfWarriorGuy

That's very impressive, and I concede that Zoro would probably beat Jack, do to the nature of shonins, but Jack shouldn't just written off, especially with all his 'cartoon physics' feeds that DB loves to use.
    Pluse I'm a MASSIVE samurai Jack fanboy, so I'm very much biased
    Last edited by A Tad Insane; 2016-11-11 at 12:45 AM.

22. - Top - End - #472

Hmm, destroy mountains huh? Then I vote for kisame. Dude creates giant ocean bubbles when he gets serious about murdering his enemies until they drown. His only weakness would be a lack of chakra to drain which keeps his regeneration and impressive endurance going.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Fight
    Show
    Once again, the Hulk wasn't presented in his most powerful version (Worldbreaker, as the Herald of Galactus would be a good contender), and Doomsday in his ''already beaten enough times so he's above the Hulk level.''

Bulldrops fight.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Show
    Once again, the Hulk wasn't presented in his most powerful version (Worldbreaker, as the Herald of Galactus would be a good contender), and Doomsday in his ''already beaten enough times so he's above the Hulk level.''

Bulldrops fight.
    OK, assume the most powerful version of the Hulk was used: what would he do that wasn't 'hit really hard'?

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Show

Bulldrops fight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Worldbreaker was from a What-If story, whereas the Doomsday stuff is or was canon at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by BWR View Post
    OK, assume the most powerful version of the Hulk was used: what would he do that wasn't 'hit really hard'?
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you mean The Worldbreaker from that What-If, then he has the powers of the Silver Surfer added to that of Worldbreaker Hulk. Except that transfusing Hulk's energy into Silver Surfer lets him overpower Galactus. So basically he's a stronger version of Galactus.

Also, note that even regular Hulk has a habit of doing illogical things with his strength if he gets angry enough. Once, to get at someone standing behind a portal, he just charged straight at him and broke the portal without being transported through it. Another time he was apparently trapped in a machine powered by the prisoner's own strength, and broke out anyway. That is, not only did he manage to overpower himself, but also Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange who were locked in with him and adding their strength to the prison. There's also been instances of Hulk punching ghosts to death or regenerating from dust (that last one was Maestro, but he's still one of Hulk's forms and not even the most powerful).
    Last edited by Prime32; 2016-11-11 at 08:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

So its Roranora Zoro Vs Erza Scarlette

Its a hard to call fight though i feel Zoro has the edge in it, he just has more raw power than her and they seem to value that more than versatility which Erza has in spades..

27. - Top - End - #477

So its Roranora Zoro Vs Erza Scarlette

Its a hard to call fight though i feel Zoro has the edge in it, he just has more raw power than her and they seem to value that more than versatility which Erza has in spades..
    I was really hoping for killer bee with the multi sword style, but I get the feeling zoro would have been overwhelmed. Although maybe not, I mean, the teaser didnt cover any of his feats beyond, "Really good with a blade, and fights with three" But killer fights with EIGHT swords at once. I think those two would have a hilariously good time fighting blade to blade to blade to blade to blade to blade with each other. Unfortunately, i know nothing about erza so its another fight where I have minimal knowledge of the combatants so no real horse in the race.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Banned

I was really hoping for killer bee with the multi sword style, but I get the feeling zoro would have been overwhelmed. Although maybe not, I mean, the teaser didnt cover any of his feats beyond, "Really good with a blade, and fights with three" But killer fights with EIGHT swords at once. I think those two would have a hilariously good time fighting blade to blade to blade to blade to blade to blade with each other. Unfortunately, i know nothing about erza so its another fight where I have minimal knowledge of the combatants so no real horse in the race.
    Fairly Tail characters are basically all huge Mary Sues who get magically stronger whenever the plot needs them to win a fight. Erza is the worst of these. Within the context of a Fairy Tail plot, I'm not sure it's possible for her to even lose a fight, no matter how powerful the opponent. Outside of plot powers and stuff though, I don't think her power level is very well defined at all.

I guess you could go with transitive property and say that people like Natsu and Laxus can destroy mountain ranges, and she can beat the crap out of them...but if they go on her personal feats as shown she's boned IMO.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, my guess wasn't all bad then.

Though, I feel zoro is at a massive disadvantage because as was said, FT characters, are very op. But often as strong as they need to be as well. Erza is very extreme in this up to the point where she wins, because she is Erza.. Sometimes it sucks to be written by a good writer.

But.. It's a fight I'm truly interested on.
    "What's done is done."

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Erza has to win, that's the whole point of a Mary Sue
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.