New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    He's got the snakes and the horrific self-experimentation part down.
    but not the orochimaru's smarts as he leave his best weapon with enough mind to cancel its edo tensei like a chump. but its kinda ithachi's fault if he new madara was zombie and out there. he might be use sharingan to get rid of him before releasing edo tensei by letting kabuto erase his mind then release the jutsu to end the war two or three arcs early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Douglas; 2018-04-04 at 05:02 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Just watched the latest Boruto, and I was actually pleased with this latest episode. All this time with the Boruto series, Boruto himself was talented enough that him relying on the tool that stored jutsu that he used to cheat through the chunin exam, and how honest he's been in the series so far just didn't match his movie self. I've been sitting here the entire time wondering how they were going to justify this Boruto to the Brat he acts like in the movies. But this latest episode definitely connected the 2 differences. I'm eager to see what they do with the chunin. Are they going to do shot for shot, add a bit more, are skim through it faster for when the events collide? I only wonder.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

As I am on a thorough Naruto jag at the moment, I'm struck by how spoiled I've been with MLP fanfiction. The average quality on Fimfiction is PHENOMINALLY higher than fanfiction.net. There have been a couple of stories that sounded very promising that I abandoned almost immediately because grammer or the use of present tense, and the legions of drek... I'd forgotten how bad the signal to noise ratio was. (Managed to find a few good ones, though, since I've not been up to much the last weeks.)

Bleakbane Catches Up With Naruto

Crescent Moonlight
    The conclusion of the miniarc with Hayate and Yugao. So, finally, we manage to have a vaguely credible "war is bad"-ish sort of story because Hayate having to fight Yugao and vice versa is actually sad (as opposed to the psychotic re-animations or White Zetsus...)

Also. One thing you can say about Naruto above SO MANY other shows, anime, live-action or otherwise... When the characters die, they are NOT forgotten. (Heck, until this arc, even I@D forgotten about Yugao, and she ain't even dead!) There cannot be very many shows that with even the capability or willingness to take a very minor near-red shirt like Hayate and drag him back over a decade later as the central figure in a short and somewhat poiniant arc.

I give Naruto a bit of flak sometimes, but at the end of the day, any niggles (and most of them stand around Sasuke and the latter Obito/Madara/Zetsu/Magic Tree Lady nonsense) I have are so outweighed by the good.

The A-Rank Mission: Food Fight and The Fallen Castle

Woohoo! Pre-timeskip filler arc! With Naruto and Team Ten! (Inexplicably guest starring Deidara and Sasori.) Trying - and sort of succeeding, in re-kidnapping a kidnapped feudal lord child from This Nation, form their enemy, the larger That Nation. Boy, that must get bloody confusing... (Seriously, writers, you couldn't make up to names? Who wrote this episode, Shikamaru...?) Again, I say this with no faceiousness. I love these silly little arcs (especially the light hearted ones), which are just the characters I've grown so fond of fracking about.

Again, Kabuto, your jutsu is so silly when the re-animated victims can sometimes just manage to end it themselves like this Samurai dude did. (Mind you, you didn't even manage to Assume Direct Control of Hayate, did you?) You really are Worst Necromancer.

Edit: On checking Narutopedia: Aahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh my Lichemaster! They really ARE named the Land of This and Land of That! That's just beautiful!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-04-06 at 08:31 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Colossus in the Playground

To me the funny thing is, as an avid fanfiction reader, there ARE no minor forgotten characters, because everyone gets used as fanfic fodder eventually. So its less surprising to see yugao and hacking cough sword boy show up, because ive already read 13 stories where he trains naruto, or she is dating anko and training naruto, or even just them being snarky secondary characters in whatever odd crack fic im reading at the time. (NBH being an example) Oh, did you forget about that fish monster woman isaribi? The author didnt, now watch as a missing hokage story takes us there where tsunade heals her and she becomes a ninja. Hey, remember that kurama clan arc? (Yeah wow thats an odd coincidence) Whatever happened there? Dont worry, naruto gave her a dozen bloodines from negima. Ever thought the fuuma clan got a bad break? Dont worry, they do just fine in the soul caliber crossover.

Though speaking of filler, I both loved and hated that stuff so much. I loved it because they were entertaining stories where various characters got to be awesome or hilarious or both. I HATED that so many arcs had such potential to them but would vanish forever once it was over. As an example, if you took all the pre timeskip filler and combined it, naruto would be a world famous ninja beloved by the rulers or at least the daughters of the rulers, of like a dozen small to mid sized nations. Seriously, he gets propositioned by like 3 different princesses and a high priestess. And thats just the ones that fell in love with him. More were inspired by his batspit lunacy and never say die attitude to take control of their nation and blah blah blah. And then we go back to the real story, where naruto is still at best treated neutrally by his own home town, none of these alliances are going to happen, and he still needs to do the whole pein arc before the people treat him like a hero. Also, half the characters are at best a third as awesome as they should be, because none of the cool stuff they did in the fillers actually happened. /blargh.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    To me the funny thing is, as an avid fanfiction reader, there ARE no minor forgotten characters, because everyone gets used as fanfic fodder eventually. So its less surprising to see yugao and hacking cough sword boy show up, because ive already read 13 stories where he trains naruto, or she is dating anko and training naruto, or even just them being snarky secondary characters in whatever odd crack fic im reading at the time.
    Yeah, but it's been quite a while since I've been regularly reading Naruto fanfic (I've been mostly reading pony for years now), and as Yugao hasn't shown up in much recently (or as often as she did when I started) - partly because, I think, now there's a lot more characters - I'd forgotten about her.

Prologue of Road to Ninja
    This is pretty much quintessential filler fluff. Just the Konoha Eleven messing about on their day off. And I LOVE it.

Hell, this is nearly a double-length episode of Rock Lee's Ninja Pals (and having watched that, no, Naruto, Lee is TOTALLY a pervert, just not in this specific instance...!)

The major difference being that the episode is setting up the movie, and highlights both Naruto's loneliness still, despite his friend's best efforts.

(I would have raised an eyeglow at Kiba having a curfew, because he's a frag-damn CHUNIN, and then I remembered his mother is Tsume. If she sets a curfew, it probably doesn't matter if you're the HOKAGE...)

The Old Master and the Dragon's Eye
    Psst!

Psst!

Shippuden!

I think you got Rock Lee's Ninja Pals again by mistake.

Pre-timeskip Rock Lee filler with Naruto and Tenten! Yay!

Though this shows - Lee and Guy may look silly, may act silly and may, in fact, be extremely silly... But you DO NOT mess with them, because there is nothing silly about how fracking HARD they are!

And again, Worst Necromancer Kabuto's jutsu is undone by the reanimation just having Ninja Therapy...

Rain Followed by Snow, with Some Lightning

And now we have the start of a mini-arc, starring pre-genin chibi Team 10, Sakura (and presumably Kiba) and the world's most terrifiying nightmare child Yota. Who apparently has memory alteration powers, weather-control-via emotion, can split into three and presumably died as a small child not long after they met him.

That's... Kind of dark.

And ye GODS, is Yuto annoying. I have a slighty higher threshold than some, but WOW, I wanted to strangle the kid within four seconds...

Though I am making an assumption that Yota is a child, and not some sort of nature spirit (a la godlings in Witcher 3) or something, but that would explain a lot.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-04-08 at 09:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

The Sad Sun Shower and Lingering Snow

Huh. That arc... actually packed more punch than I was expecting. Yota wasn't quite so bad when they had him? Her? Talk more sensibly and there was a real poignancy and tragedy to that two-parter. Though why Orochimaru just turned a re-animation loose, I don't know...

So, then, I must assume that Kabuto DOES know that the Konoha Eleven are that dangerous, since that clearly was his Plan B after the Sound Farce failed. (Not that went along any better, that's another one he lost control of. So BAD!)

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the ANBU in this episode were Root/Foundation, because WOW. Tlk about not having a clue. Not only did five academy students break in on them, Shika captured (albiet temporarily) THREE of them (he's pre-genin!) and they had NO IDEA how to deal with people. I also gonna assume that they died when Yota lightning bolted them, because they deserved it.

But... This episode raises some really fascinating what ifs. (I'mma have trawl fanfic.net I think.) What would things have played out like if Yota hadn't managed to wipe Team Ten, Naruto, Sakuar and Kiba's memories? Naruto having friends earlier, and even being friends with Sakura and Ino? (And I notice it was STILL Naruto's actual (and never acknowledged) best friend (i.e. Shikamaru) that was the one that basically reached out to him first...) And how would Yota's death have affected them?

That is definitely a tell worth telling, one feels.

The Reanimated Allied Forces

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Lucky... Don't... Need ahahahahahaha! to breathe! Kabuto... SO BAD at necromancy bwahahahahaha! Can't... Even... get the right ahahahahahaha! Bodies! Numpty.

I thought, for one moment, that that re-animated shinobi were going to lead down a path of tragedy and the true horrors of war. But no, THIS episode, the nameless mooks remembered that shuriken and kunai exist, for starters, and then the enemy's whole advance petered out into "hey, family members!" Oh Lichemaster, they are all so bad at their jobs! It's absolutely side-splitting.

The highlight of the episode (other than watching Kabuto Fail At Necromancy, oh my LICHEMASTER) was Temari and her old friend-slash-kid-who-picked-on-her and Matsuri's and Yukata's reaction (and commetary) was priceless. That's what I like about Naruto - with the exception of some of the antagonists, no-one is above being the butt of a joke.

8. - Top - End - #338

Yeah, there was a lot of room for interesting things to happen. Instead it turned the entire war into basically flashback and verbal flashback central as we got history lessons on the historical whos who of the shinobi nations for the last 80 years. As for the filler, see, THATS why I like and loathe it so much! Like I said, its often really good and would have introduced so much awesome into the overall story if it wasnt constantly ignored, erased from memory, or just flat out never happened.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Shino vs. Torune!

Shino backstory!

Though this episode left more questions. Sarutobi, WHAT THE HELL?! Seriously, Danzo was just allowed to go around and say to clan heads with NO oversight whatsoever "gimme your heir?" and Shibi was not allowed to apparently say "f[ugde] off, you cSKELETON WARRIORS," REALLY?

Ye gods.

This was also a bit sad, when Shino says "I don't know if I have friends, or if they consider me friends." Dude, if ANY of them heard you say that, they'd pummel the crap out of you. (Hell, like a few episodes ago, Naruto flashed to all his precious people, and no, he did NOT forget you.)

Especially since you do stuff like jump in to save your mate's CLONES. Sure, it would have mildy inconvenianced Naruto, but really?

Still, at least Shino got one of the buggers...

A Hole in the Heart: The Other Jinchuriki

I... How...

So. Let me get this straight. Kabuto gave a reanmated jinchuriki some of the tailed beats chakra, because Orochimaru cloned the horn of the eight-tails from which he'd scraped some cells.

I... WHAT.

Biju have CELLS? But... aren't they, like... MADE of chakra? Isn't that... like, the whole point?

And.. how could they only grow the horn? I... That...

BIOLOGY DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!

And AGAIN, I can only nearly wet myself laughing (were I able to) as Kabuto, despite him doing everything but Assume Direct Control, B - freaking B - Talk no Jutsus another one down... Worst. Necromancer. Ever! (No, I am never tired of saying that, it's hilarious!)

I also second White Zetsu - the hell didn't Kabuto seal that into the Gedo statue?

(No, actually, that's actually an obvious explanation. Kabuto is complete dumbfrack who is off his own head with his own ego. To the point of sabotaging, at this point the only other two people (three if you count White Zetsus) who don't immediately want to blender his silly face off in the entire world. Muppet.)

The Soul Living Inside the Puppet

Speaking of muppets...

Hooray! Kankuro episode!

Except that half of it is about Sasori! (Yeah, okay, starting to see where the whole "puppet users are a bit creepy" comes from.) And it ends with Kankuro's comedic incompetance! Without an awesome puppet battle! And he doesn't even get to take one re-animation down! That's not harsh at all!

Also... Kankuro believes his puppets have souls. If... he's right, does... does... that make him a better necromancer than Kabuto...?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-04-13 at 07:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #340

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So. Let me get this straight. Kabuto gave a reanmated jinchuriki some of the tailed beats chakra, because Orochimaru cloned the horn of the eight-tails from which he'd scraped some cells.

I... WHAT.

Biju have CELLS? But... aren't they, like... MADE of chakra? Isn't that... like, the whole point?
    It's complicated, while they are made of Chakra, they do take physical form and thus do have physical properties and biology when they take physical form--In fact, you can even eat them. Remember that filler character from early Shipudden who was turned into a pseudo-junchuriki by being infused with ambient chakra that the Nine-Tails left behind when he attacked the Leaf Village?

In a little bit, you're gonna run into a pair of brothers who became that in canon because they got swallowed alive by the Nine-Tails and survived for a week by eating his gullet meats until he coughed them back up.

As for how that works...
    Spoiler: I can't remember if you mind spoilers or not
    Show
    The Tailed BEasts are literally pieces of what happens when you give a self-centered sociopath the powers of an immortal goddess and then fuse her with the non-sapient tree that is also the literal God of This World.

Like, seriously, the God of the Naruto World is a Tree and the world exists as an unintended side effect of the Tree's existence because the Tree can't actively do anything it's just a god damn tree.

The Tailed Beast are literally pieces of a nigh-omnipotent being. They don't have to make logical sense.

As for why Kabuto didn't use it for the Gedo statue... Well, for one this is an anime-only character. By all means, he probably didn't exist at the time this arc was planned out, if not until after we'd moved onto the next part.

For two, if you remember, when Sasuke tried to bring in B and only got a tentacle from the 8-tails that B transformed to look like him so only the tentacle was sealed? Yeah, there's really no point to adding more eight tails unless it's the eight tails. Either it works or it doesn't.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Run, Omoi!

In which Omoi manages to save what is presumably the slightly-later Cloud equivilent of the Konoha Twelve and actually manages to take down one Naruto's clones... by accident. That's... actually quite impressive...

Reinforcements Arrive
    Ey up, mi'duck, I think The Main Plot just arrived...

Since they brought it up again this episode... How long was B peeing?! I mean ye GODS, before that last episode... He was taking a leak for, like twenty episodes! Austin Powers is impressed with that man's bladder!

Bahahahahahaha! A Naruto charges in to save everyone's arses (again) and show off something stupid. And tide immediately turns on the White Zetsu, who are only mildly dangerous except as canon fodder and because apparently the average shinobi is suffering from the Inverse Ninja problem...

And Kabuto just re-animated Madara Uchiha. Something that might have had some dramatic impact if a) I've been loooong since spoiled on Obito1 and b) the current intro kinda gives it away too. Unlike (ironically) the reveal of "Madara Uchiha" the first time (which I knew was coming and yet STILL managed to send chills down my spine), this didn't. (But we're reaching the point, now, aren't we, where the main plot goes full-on Very Silly, culminating in Magic Tree Lady...)

Madara Uchiha

Ohhhhhhh. Kaaaaaaay.

My reactions to this episode can only be adequately expressed via stream of consciousness:

Ahahahaha, Gaara totally attacked Madara and Kabuto/partilce-stule mummy guy while they were blabbering! Nice! I mean, I didn't work, but kudos for not standing the gawping like you're watching Goku charge a Spirit-Bomb or something.

Frack's sake, nameless ninja, USE JUTSU!!! Stop trying to charge enmass! Especially at one dude, double espeically if that dude is MADARA UCHIHA! I mean, it won't help, but it might be less embarrasing.

HA! First freaking hit on Madara is from Temari! Atta girl!

Crap.

That is a BIG fireball.

Oh, hey, ninja! You REMEBERED you have jutsu!

I was right about it not helping, but...

And now it's Kage supports Kage as Onoki buffs Gaara and Gaara and Naruto go to work. Superlight sand up through the defense, yoink Madara OUT of the susuanoo - HAHAHA! - and holds him nice and tight for a sage rasashuriken to the face!

Dodge that, you bastard!

You can see him crapping himself, right in the eyes!

...As he gets the rinnegan!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

[Expletive].

Okay, this is bad. This is very bad.

Unholy fracking crap, what the HELL! That is a very, very big meteor! Hell, that's big enough capital starship weapons would take a few seconds to blow up!

Okay, Onoki and Gaara have got this. They got this.

They got that!

No, idiot ninja, don't stop running, keep going, it's eventually gonna fall over and wait...

What.

Madara did a SECOND one?! Timed to hit just after they stopped the first and though they were safe.

Oh.

Wow.

That's just MEAN.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha! Nice!

That's a total Bleakbane move that is! That's just DIRTY! I could not have done better myself2!

Madara, sir, I am impressed! I tip my helmet to you. (Why couldn't YOU have been the actual proper main villain, dammit?! You're so much better than everyone else at it!)

So. Yeah. The reveal itself may not have been that impressive, but oh my LICHEMASTER, did they stick the landing on "everyone should soil their pants, it's Madara Uchiha."

Cahnging the subject for a bit: As the outro for these episodes rolled over from I can Hear You Screaming (which actually I really liked, both as animation and the music, actually - and it ends on Guy Doing Random Poses, how can you go wrong with that) into another really dull one (oh, it's Naruto, and he's walking down the beach whie boring music plays, yay), it made me think.

What do we think are the best intros and outros for the series? Musically, in terms of animation and overall?

Myself, I think Hero's Come Back (Shippuden's first) takes a lot of beating overall.

In the original, the one that stands out for the intro is Re:member, on the basis it made an attempt to make everyone (except Sakura, poor Sakura) look awesome. Runner ups being Haruka Kanata (my first intro, since I started the series on the first episode of the Forest of Death) and GO!

And that one outro where they were all dressed up as dogs. Don't remember the music, but that was so bizarre, it never stopped being old. (No idea which one it was - or which series - couldn't find with a search.)

Also Bring It On/Bacchikoi!!! (the Shippuden ones with the girls, joined by Guy, Lee and Naruto dancing and then SUDDENLY RANDOM FAT GUYS), because hilarious. (On a re-watch part of it is just the animation, just the sight differences between Ino, Sakua and Hinata's dancing the same moves, just not quite identially in synch.)

I generally prefer the endings that are somewhat silly (and usually with everyone) to the deadly dull (and repetative) Naruto or Naruto/Sakura "oh look, Naruto was a sad child but now he's not" or "Naruto and Sakura are sad" ending songs.

Special mention to the very first intro (i.e. ROCKS), because for me, it always felt almost sad and reflective (even given that I was still fairly early in the fandom when I got it on DVD and Saskue hadn't defected yet) and more like it should have been one of the later endings than the start of the show. Probably just me.

Worst of all intro/outos is the first German intro, which I had the misfortune to see once. I mean, you think the English Dub one is bad, with the People Make Random Noises was bad, but the German one made me bleed out of mt eyesockets. I don't think Liches are supposed to even DO that.

That's all the ones I can remember (there have been so many). Dishonourable mentions to Blue Bird (Naruto falling out of the sky, yawn) and the ending that was clearly a parody of some anime that was extra masculine versions of Naruto and Saskue walking past each other. The rest of the OH SAD endings blend into each other for me, I'm afriad.

1Being so far behind, it's impossible to be in the Naruto fandom and not get spoiled on the major events - especially if you read fanfiction. (This is one of the reasons I like filler and the movies, they can surprise me.) I know - broadly - what's coming, but the devil is in the details (which I have more success in being able to avoid).

2Actually, I'd probably have thrown three, with maybe one more for luck.

2First one - since the Heroe's Come Back, actually I've listened outside of watching the show, come to think of it, must really have hit me.

12. - Top - End - #342

One thing I really liked about Madara: He at one point claims that, in life, he could never measure up to Hashirama and despite his many advantages was always second best to his friend turned nemesis.

He's not being spiteful or humble. He's bragging about being second best because he and Hashirama were on just that high a level when they went all out.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #343

One thing I really liked about Madara: He at one point claims that, in life, he could never measure up to Hashirama and despite his many advantages was always second best to his friend turned nemesis.

He's not being spiteful or humble. He's bragging about being second best because he and Hashirama were on just that high a level when they went all out.
    This. And that kind of thinking endures for a long long time in the series. My favorite part being
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madera acknowledging Gai when he goes 8 gates an nearly disintegrates reborn rinnegan 10 tails madera with a kick so epic it distorts time and space like a black hole with athletes foot. But he goes something like "YES! I madera aknowledge you as the greatest taijutsu master ever!" Like he is the final arbiter of such judgements. I mean yeah its a badass moment because its this freaking MONSTER saying it, sort of like how just surviving hanzo was enough to make the sanin legendary ninja, but even so.

As for you aotrs, I gotta agree with your reaction to madera. The funny thing is, I just got done watching a couple reaction videos to exactly that scene (the whole madera obliterates an army by himself start to finish) And yeah, that second meteor was a brilliant ^%$ move. And kinda foreshadowed by him doing the two headed susanoo to summon it. And yet it still catches you off guard when it happens. To me the funniest reaction was "Wait, where the hell did he get the asteroids from?" Which is kinda a good point. I mean, we know the rinnegan can make these things, but it isnt exactly a sneaky process. And theoretically he could use his gravity powers to snag a passing meteor and drag it down, but he would have to know they were THERE to do it, and that there are two of them just hanging out in orbit without being visible? Epic scene, falls apart to fridge logic.

14. - Top - End - #344

My favorite part about the second meteor is that in an LP of the fighting video game that covers the war arc, all but one of the people commentating are blind to the story and when they destroy the first one one of them says "and then he drops a second one" and the one who knows stuff says "gooosh, spoilers" in a really funny way, that he does often whenever they say wrong things about the story. Except then it immediately cuts to THE SECOND METEOR and everyone splits their gut laughing.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Next three! I'm now onto volume 26. Once that's done, I'm gonna hold off for a bit. Volume 32 is out end of May, as I discovered that volume 31 ends in the middle of an arc, I figure I'll wait until that comes out before I buy 27 and 29-32 (got 28 for Christmas, part of the reason I started up again). Hey, gives me some time to watch some of my other DVDs I had a christmas like Yonderland season 3 and Planet Earth II in the meantime...

To business!

The Five Kage Assemble

Awesome! All the five Kages assemble in their badassery, Oonki completely succumbs to Naturo's influence and... We cut to Naturo's fight?!

WHAT.

OH, COME ON!

I have never before fully understood what blue balls feel like until now.

Also, apparently, the Naruto-to-Obito headbutt thing from the intro is something we're actually doing. That's novel.

The Unbreakable Mask and the Shattered Bubble

Naruto plus B verses Madatobito and the other jinchuriki.

Bit of mild fighting, and then we find out how they snagged Utuakata.

Annnnd there goes Madatobito's carfully-earned mystique and awesome as he starts spouting all the "this world is bad boohoohoo (I'm not telling you now, but somebody I card about died and I am the only person in the history of ever that happened to) and so everyone should be mind-controlled." Ye gods, man. Show some DIGNITY in your Evil. I mean, Tsukinomi could have been the Master Race, but noooo... Also, I don't care what that giant banjo you are carrying does, how powerful it is, it looks utterly RIDICULOUS and may be just about the most stupid weapon I've ever seen.

Jinchūriki vs. Jinchūriki!!

And... We start with a flashback... from Samehada?! Samehada? What? Bwahahahahahaha! That's fricking hilarious! Even the frasking WEAPONS get flashbacks! I look forward to the flashbacks from Tenten's kuni and Sais's tanto.

Please let that be an actual thing.

B, I agree with eight-tails, stop looking Yugito's boobs. Now is not the time.

Actually, aside from anyone in relstionship with her, I'm pretty sure it is never the time for that. Poor Naruto, surrounded by perverts. (And you just know that Hinata has got to be secretly the biggest one of all...)

I love that the friggin' eight-tails is the actual team leader and strategist here.

So, you'll give us a tactical run-down of the mooks being mowed down by everyone else, but all we get is "the five kage are holding their own against Madara?" Not even an onscreen look at the fight? You bastards! I'mma be proper [urinated] is we never actually get to see that fight, especially when the anime could just use some of the inevitiable filler...

Deforestation no jutsu!

Aaaand that did not go well. The white horse/shark thing looks like it just KNOCKED OUT the eight-tails in fully manifested form.

Madatobito is right, Naruto is just out gunned here. Looks like this is where it all goes pear-shaped and DYNAMIC ENTRY for the save!

Hahaha! Guy and Kakashi to the rescue!

Hahaha! They're all still screwed!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-04-17 at 07:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346

white horse/shark thing
    Dolphin.

Officially, it's a Dolphin-Horse.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #347

This is your scheduled reminder that Samehada is actually a living being, a girl, and left Kisami because she liked how Killer Bee tasted better.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This is your scheduled reminder that Samehada is actually a living being, a girl, and left Kisami because she liked how Killer Bee tasted better.
    Yeah, sword girlfriends, am I right? So fickle. Except for Beloved Adorei. Beloved Adorei best sword girlfriend.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

19. - Top - End - #349

"Hello, I'm Kisame and my legendary magic sword was NTR'd away from me."

"Welcome to the club, the name's Riku. There are cookies and coffee on the table."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah, sword girlfriends, am I right? So fickle. Except for Beloved Adorei. Beloved Adorei best sword girlfriend.
    Nah, Pyra's best sword girlfriend. She can even cook and doesn't mind you building up an harem of sword girlfriends.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

And now my lack of anime education is showing, because now I have no idea what you're referencing, save to assume (and it's an assumption) that it's not Naruto and probably anime...?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-04-18 at 04:57 AM.

22. - Top - End - #352

Im pretty sure the anime has an arc where we cover the life of a blade of grass that ends with it screaming in agony as the face of the raikage is plowed through it by madera. Yes, i said arc. The... the war goes on for awhile is what im trying to say. Also yes, we will get to see the 5 kage rumble eventually. Iirc, things are starting to escalate quickly. And in between the obligatory flashbacks of everyone and their mother, including narutos life for the 50th time where we get to see him being lonely on a swing, (Hey, id you know naruto had a lonely childhood? Sorry if that should be in spoilers as I dont think it was covered yet.) We will get to see some heavy duty fights that get bigger and less ninjaish as time goes on. Also, I mock the flashbacks, but I can admit that there are times when it honestly works, and helps build up the drama and emotion of the moment. Just not a ton of them.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

And now my lack of anime education is showing, because now I have no idea what you're referencing, save to assume (and it's an assumption) that it's not Naruto and probably anime...?
    Spoiler
    Show

From Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which it's technically a video game even if quite heavy in the anime factor.
    Spoiler
    Show

There's even a team rocket expy, pet mascot included!

But people were already referencing Kingdom Hearts so I guessed it was fair game.

I'll show myself out now.

24. - Top - End - #354

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

From Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which it's technically a video game even if quite heavy in the anime factor.
    Spoiler
    Show

There's even a team rocket expy, pet mascot included!

But people were already referencing Kingdom Hearts so I guessed it was fair game.

I'll show myself out now.
    Don't worry it's fine, don't leave just because we didn't get what sword wife you were talking about. For what it's worth yours is the only one I DID get.

25. - Top - End - #355

Don't worry it's fine, don't leave just because we didn't get what sword wife you were talking about. For what it's worth yours is the only one I DID get.
    I was talking about Riku from Kingdom HEarts.

Sora's Keyblade was meant for Riku but Riku wasn't there to take it so it ended up with Sora.

Riku eventually took it back, but it liked Sora better due to Riku being kind of a jerk at the time and abandoned Riku for Sora the second Sora became Worthy to wield the Keyblade in his own right.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

actually it was tera, ventus and aquas key blades as each of them choose one of the main cast as their successor with ventus hidden in sora's heart as xehanort riped ventus'es spirit in half( ventitas) to create relic of darkness and light. sora's emerging heart fixed ventus in past. then they exchanged bodies which sora keeps ventuses broken spirit safe. while terra becomes xehanorts host until current time line. for aqua she pulled ahsoka tano and decided to travel the disney realms to fix back her peers.
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

27. - Top - End - #357

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    actually it was tera, ventus and aquas key blades as each of them choose one of the main cast as their successor with ventus hidden in sora's heart as xehanort riped ventus'es spirit in half( ventitas) to create relic of darkness and light. sora's emerging heart fixed ventus in past. then they exchanged bodies which sora keeps ventuses broken spirit safe. while terra becomes xehanorts host until current time line. for aqua she pulled ahsoka tano and decided to travel the disney realms to fix back her peers.
    Dude, no. Choosing someone as your successor does not mean that they automatically get yourKeyblade: Terra's Lingering WIll still has his Keybladewhen yougoand fight itin II, Final Mix when the Keyblade that Sora has shouldbe his if that's how it worked.

Sora's Second Keybladeis Ventus's, but the first one is the Keyblade that represents therealm of light entire, which was meant for Riku, but that Riku did not Inherit from Terra.

Kairi might have inherited Aqua's originally Keyblade, as there is a probable course of events that result in such, but she would be th eonly one who properly inherted such a Keyblade.

Regardless, it's Riku specifically whose Keyblade abandoned him for another master, so none of this is relevant to the discussion.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #358

I was talking about Riku from Kingdom HEarts.

Sora's Keyblade was meant for Riku but Riku wasn't there to take it so it ended up with Sora.

Riku eventually took it back, but it liked Sora better due to Riku being kind of a jerk at the time and abandoned Riku for Sora the second Sora became Worthy to wield the Keyblade in his own right.
    Okay so I knew this but I forgot or was unaware that keyblades are actually sentient I figured it was just a "Riku's been possessed by darkness by this point and Sora's kind of earned the blade by the time they get to Hollow Bastion". Thus my confusion.

29. - Top - End - #359

Okay so I knew this but I forgot or was unaware that keyblades are actually sentient I figured it was just a "Riku's been possessed by darkness by this point and Sora's kind of earned the blade by the time they get to Hollow Bastion". Thus my confusion.
    Sentient might be too big of a word, but they at the very least have personality and the ability to judge--The Judgement of whether you're worthyof the Keyyblade boils down to "you've got a strong heart and the keyblade likes you"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Dude, no. Choosing someone as your successor does not mean that they automatically get your Keyblade: Terra's Lingering Will still has his Keyblade when you go and fight it in II, Final Mix when the Keyblade that Sora has should be his if that's how it worked.

Sora's Second Keybladeis Ventus's, but the first one is the Keyblade that represents therealm of light entire, which was meant for Riku, but that Riku did not Inherit from Terra.

Kairi might have inherited Aqua's originally Keyblade, as there is a probable course of events that result in such, but she would be th eonly one who properly inherted such a Keyblade.

Regardless, it's Riku specifically whose Keyblade abandoned him for another master, so none of this is relevant to the discussion.
    all is gonna answered in the third game. by the way did you any time checked wiki. or watched the entire game from you tube.
    old masters grant ability to wield key blade to sora and co. ventus( ventitas) via sharing soul with sora(roxas). agua wanted to grant to riku but not want them to fight then accidentally granted to kairi. terra granted to riku due them being similar. they not grant them to use their key blades.
    so only old master dont grant right to wild key blade is sora's other soul half ventitas which currently seeks his other half. this all by the way happens birth by sleep.