New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

Devil

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Bruh, first ever Furnace drop, and it's an Ancient.

Spoiler
    Show

And Kadala's paid up for her deficit with a pair of Heart's of Iron and an Aquila with 1000 Shards of each other. Good lass. I take back what I said. Unless of course you want me to go ancients.

Going to see if I can get a Sunkeeper - is upgrading Rares the best way to do this?
    Last edited by Vaz; 2016-03-13 at 12:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Got a second Unity, so for SSP, I've got my durability down pat. Ally already has the legendary thing that makes him immune to death. Now I just need a Greed gem to go with the Goldwrap and I'll be set.

Still looking for a Wand of Woh. Probably converted twenty or so rare wands into legendaries. Gotten just about every single one EXCEPT a Wand of Woh.

Picked up a Firebirds pants, so that gives me an extra slot to play around with if necessary. Looking at possible firebirds combo with Tal Rasha.

Got Aughild's in chest and wrist for the bonus to elites since I wasn't able to get Blackthorne's going.

Anyone know a good way to grind DB's? I'm in T6 and with all the wand conversions, running pretty low on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Looking for input: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/H.../hero/41441692

So, Kadala, Kanai's Cube, and drops have all not been cooperating on me getting a Quetzocouatl.

Main thing I run into is feeling really squishy (Torment 9). If things go well, great, but once my stacks of soul Harvest stop dropping, my survivability plummets. This mainly comes into play against rift bosses and bounty bosses (where against one guy my Soul Harvest starts dropping).

Am I missing something, or are large single bosses a known weakness of Jade Harvester?

I also need a better ring. That Oculus is *not* being useful most of the time. Drops! *shakesfist*

Also, what're people's thoughts on WD sets this season. I can get to 6 piece with RoRg for Arachyr's, Helltooth, and Zunimasa's.

Prob. gonna try Zuni's as I have a Tasker and Theo and Jeram mask ready to go. Though I still wanna tweak my Jade Harvester setup if it's tweakable beyond what I have.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Spamalot in the Playground

Jade Harvest is my favorite build in the game, so I'm happy to help

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Am I missing something, or are large single bosses a known weakness of Jade Harvester?
    You're missing Bane of the Stricken, which is the dedicated "anti-boss gem." Both the primary power and unlock power are aimed specifically at making boss fights go much faster. You would drop Mutilation Guard for it (but see ring advice below) - you should be spirit walking to run through enemies and survive melee long enough to harvest.

While you wait for a Quetzal, work on maxing out your gems, especially that amethyst in your helmet, to get tougher.

You'll notice a big jump in your survivability once you get Quetzalcoatl in the cube - it effectively doubles your damage (both the dot, and the huge spike from SH) so even on TX you'll be one-shotting a lot of things before they can really hurt you. You also want a Wormwood or Furnace in that empty cube weapon slot (I'm lazy so I prefer the former), and you want to drop Fetish Sycophants for Spirit Vessel to avoid the odd bullcrap death.

I also need a better ring. That Oculus is *not* being useful most of the time. Drops! *shakesfist*
    Yes, Oculus is near worthless - especially on builds that don't stand still, like Jade Harvester. You want either this or this, preferably both, alongside your CoE. You should also work on finding the JH chest so that you can dump both Tyraels and that RRoG in your cube, in favor of OROTZ.

Either OROTZ or Unity in the cube will boost your survivability considerably. OROTZ is a more active form of defense because you're still required to hit spirit walk in time to avoid getting splattered, while Unity just plain doubles your toughness. Personally I prefer OROTZ so I can farm in groups as easily as solo without swapping rings.

Also, what're people's thoughts on WD sets this season. I can get to 6 piece with RoRg for Arachyr's, Helltooth, and Zunimasa's.
    They're all good. Zuni's main woe is the pet AI continues to be bad (especially the Gargantuan), but when it does work it works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Anyone know a good way to grind DB's? I'm in T6 and with all the wand conversions, running pretty low on them.
    Sage's + Tal Rasha is a very easy way. Then run the highest group regular rifts and group bounties you can clear quickly. You may have to drop Aughild pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Bruh, first ever Furnace drop, and it's an Ancient.

Spoiler
    Show

And Kadala's paid up for her deficit with a pair of Heart's of Iron and an Aquila with 1000 Shards of each other. Good lass. I take back what I said. Unless of course you want me to go ancients.

Going to see if I can get a Sunkeeper - is upgrading Rares the best way to do this?
    Yes it is, and congrats on your Furnace, though I assume that means you'll have to hold off on cubing it until you find a non-ancient one.

The socket is unfortunate - you're forced to reroll that into another stat so you can gift it, which means you can't reroll the native damage any higher or reroll the vitality into something more offensive. At least you can drop an emerald into it as-is.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-03-13 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there a full list of legendary affixes? Found a list on Diablowiki.net but it appears to be missing quite a few (doesn't even show all the item types). I had found a couple items I wanted to extract and was going to mention them but forgot the exact name so I went to look them up...

Started running my DH again just to see how things have changed. With the change to marauder's set I already had the whole pack of animals. Then I had Zoey's Secret drop (damage reduction for each companion) and my defense went from ~8m to about 20.5M. My DPS was also about 550k, so that was a lot higher than it was before, not sure how much was change in calculations and how much was change in stats/effects.
    Still running out of hatred pretty quickly, but I thought there was an item that could help that dropped for my wife but still looking for it.

Also had 2 Mantles of Channeling drop, which seem great for pretty much all of my characters because I use the channeling skills on all of them so far, and gave one to my wife because she'll get a lot out of it too.

Saved some Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan before, wasn't sure how I wanted to use it but seemed worth while to keep, and now I can cube it and use it, so that will help.

Was thinking there was something else with reduced channeling costs but can't find it now, if it even exists.

Tried the Cinder Switch (2h axe) on my Barb, damage was close to doubling, it cut my defense in half though. Seems to mostly be worth it but think I'll be taking too much damage if we got up in difficulty too much. Fireball seems to do decent damage but it doesn't seem like it procs while in whirlwind.

Haven't got anything cubed yet, and that is what I'm looking at now. Haven't found any weapons I'm too fond of but some good armor, not sure where to go with the jeweler either because much of what I've got so far hasn't been all that great (though wife got RoRG).

All the new goblins are kind of cool. Already had one drop the portal to the land of greed. I was usually low on gold from combining gems and now we have something like 40-60m each. Greed legendary is the only special gem we've got so far. The blood shard goblins are pretty cool but always leads to a trip to town.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Is there a full list of legendary affixes? Found a list on Diablowiki.net but it appears to be missing quite a few (doesn't even show all the item types). I had found a couple items I wanted to extract and was going to mention them but forgot the exact name so I went to look them up...
    http://www.d3maxstats.com/items/?unique-affix=yes

7. - Top - End - #97

All the new goblins are kind of cool. Already had one drop the portal to the land of greed. I was usually low on gold from combining gems and now we have something like 40-60m each. Greed legendary is the only special gem we've got so far. The blood shard goblins are pretty cool but always leads to a trip to town.
    You have to run Greater Rifts to solve both of these problems - that's the only place that will drop the other legendary gems, and it's also how you will increase your blood shard carrying capacity. You can find the keys to unlock them inside of regular rifts - the higher you go, the better your chances of a key dropping, until you hit 100% chance and then start getting a small chance of two keys dropping instead of one.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Can anyone articulate why I routinely see players doing T1 rifts and bounties with characters who are WAYYYYY overgeared for them? To the point where nothing lives long enough for me to punch, if I follow them around.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

At a guess they don't realize how much the drop scaling changes with difficulty and think running more things faster at lower level will get them more than harder difficulties a bit slower. Or they have put everything in to attack over defense and go into harder things and die really fast when they don't kill something right away.

I'm sure I've seen greater rift keys drop before, but the only times I've tried it says I don't have the key. Although I'm not sure if I tried before I got the key and then changed characters before I tried again. Are greater rifts one key per run or are they 5 like the normal rifts (or at least it was 5 before, haven't paid attention to if it changed).
    We've mostly been running world bounties so far to try and get the materials for the cube so we can start using it.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

Devil

Aye.

Normal rifts give me the highest density for Death's Breaths (20-25 or so per run, doubled to 40-50 with Sages), for the shortest amount of time; T6 giving me a cross between legendary drops (I'm looking for an Ancient Sun Keeper) and speed, averaging 6-8 minutes per run. Also, Keystones.

Bounties for Materials as necessary, and also a slight change of scenery from the constant grind.

Grifts for XP/Paragon and Gem grinding. Admittedly if i did have unlimited keystones, I wouldn't be doing much else.

Greater Rift stones have a 55% Drop rate at T1 (0% before), scaling to 100% at T6, hence T6 Rifts. If you pick them up, they are a stackable item, black purple with yellow cross; as far as I am aware, they are a 1 per Rift thing i think, but I don't run T7 rifts with enough frequency to comment; they show up when dropped like Blood Shards; purple text and beam of light. I'm unsure if putting it into the Stash allows it to be used as a Keystone, but if swapping/alternate characters, then if in their invent, then they'll be unuseable.

Hopefully, they, along with crafting mats etc become a non invent (ie cash, blood shards) thing like some other QoL updates.
    Last edited by Vaz; 2016-03-14 at 03:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

At a guess they don't realize how much the drop scaling changes with difficulty and think running more things faster at lower level will get them more than harder difficulties a bit slower. Or they have put everything in to attack over defense and go into harder things and die really fast when they don't kill something right away.

I'm sure I've seen greater rift keys drop before, but the only times I've tried it says I don't have the key. Although I'm not sure if I tried before I got the key and then changed characters before I tried again. Are greater rifts one key per run or are they 5 like the normal rifts (or at least it was 5 before, haven't paid attention to if it changed).
    We've mostly been running world bounties so far to try and get the materials for the cube so we can start using it.
    The GR keys only drop in regular rifts, so if you're just running bounties you won't see any. Regular rifts no longer need keys. As I mentioned previously though, GR keys are not guaranteed to drop until you get to the higher difficulties, so keep at it.

Also, when you get the keys, put them in your stash - that way all your characters can use them even when you switch.

Aye.

Normal rifts give me the highest density for Death's Breaths (20-25 or so per run, doubled to 40-50 with Sages), for the shortest amount of time; T6 giving me a cross between legendary drops (I'm looking for an Ancient Sun Keeper) and speed, averaging 6-8 minutes per run. Also, Keystones.
    I average 60-80 per run on TX (I've gotten up to 90+ in one run, though there were a couple of goblins in that one too), along with much more gold and a higher droprate. With most groups they average around 6 minutes or so, though of course I've gotten a few that clocked in below 3 minutes for the season milestone/achievement.

If you're alone though (and not consistently clearing 55+), then I agree, T6 is probably the most efficient.

Hopefully, they, along with crafting mats etc become a non invent (ie cash, blood shards) thing like some other QoL updates.
    Honestly, I'm happy with the GR situation now. Running TX lets you stockpile them fairly quickly at 2 per run.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-03-15 at 08:28 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #102
    Banned

Devil

Oh i think the Drop Rates are fine. Trying to get some more BiS items (2 hours played last night, not a single worthwhile Gamble with Kadala, Upgrade from Cube, or Drop; well, tell a lie; got some nice Bracers which would go well on a Hammerdin - those which refund the Wrath cost; which as I'm running a Thorns/AoE build isn't a problem.

Want to try and get my Stash tab, and honestly unsure as to how I'm going to get those conquests done, when I can't even run a T9 Rift in 6mins. Still don't have Swiftmount either.)

I just hope that Materials become somethjng akin to BloodShards rather than inventory hogging.
    Last edited by Vaz; 2016-03-15 at 04:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Want to try and get my Stash tab, and honestly unsure as to how I'm going to get those conquests done, when I can't even run a T9 Rift in 6mins. Still don't have Swiftmount either.)
    The set dungeons one (Masters of the Universe) doesn't care too much about your gear so that's a good one to attempt. Well, you may need some specific speed pieces like Swiftmount, Aether Walker or Shukrani's Triumph, but beyond that you don't need bleeding edge stuff. I also recommend The Thrill, it's a fun one if you like build experimentation, but you can powerlevel a Boon of the Hoarder and try for Avarice too.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Depends on what you're pushing for. Personally I switch out Consecrate for Bombardment, because being able to have Barrel of Spikes glyphed makes the damage on bombardment really awesome. If I'm farming lower content, I'll drop my Resist Aura for Consecrate, since Consecrate deals fairly decent damage as well. If I'm pushing grifts I drop bombardment altogether and go with the normally recommended Consecrate + Aura.

Personally I don't even use Pig Sticker, I enjoy the extra duration from Swiftmount too much. From a pure damage perspective, pigsticker is better, but from actual gameplay perspective that extra horse duration is huge. (I also use the Endurance Rune over Spiked Barding. 100% thorn damage per second is nice, but doesn't actually 1-2 shot stuff at torment 10, and if I'm going to have to stop to kill it anyway I'd rather be able to just skip past it and devastate the next elite I find instead.) Endurance + Swiftmount gives a 6-second duration, between that and my CDR I have effectively 100% mount uptime. Or close enough to it that I don't often notice the difference.

If it helps, this is my Crusader profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/O.../hero/73404837 (and that should also answer one question: The Curias can in fact roll thorns, and up to 9000 of it. My ancient curias has 8600 thorns)
    Isn't Swiftmount still 1.4s flail attack speed? I can understand wanting to use a different dagger, but going from flail to a dagger is a very noticeable difference.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Banned

Devil

Yeah, but it cannot be spear-transmog'd =(

Spear, particularly Spear and Shield is one of my favourite and least used tropes games for characters.

As a question. Is it worth dropping the double bombs of Bombardment for 50% extra damage from the furnace vs elites on my invoker build? Would that help me go through the GR's any?

16. - Top - End - #106

These patch notes are giving me life. The Taeguk change alone... [cries in nephalem]

All the other forgotten leggems like Bane of the Powerful and Moratorium are getting buffs too. Only time will tell if they get anywhere near BotT and BotS though.

Skillwise, I'm loving the buffs that Vyr, Akkhan and Marauder are indirectly getting via buffing their key skills.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Picked up a Greed gem, now to grind out GRifts to power level it...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Yeah, but it cannot be spear-transmog'd =(

Spear, particularly Spear and Shield is one of my favourite and least used tropes games for characters.

As a question. Is it worth dropping the double bombs of Bombardment for 50% extra damage from the furnace vs elites on my invoker build? Would that help me go through the GR's any?
    Well, I dropped the resist aura for bombardment (barrel of spikes) on my bar, and I had a much quicker clear through GR 63- I had maybe a minute to spare last time, I had minutes to spare this time. However, my Boyarsky's up about nine levels since I stopped at GR 63 so that might be what's doing it instead of the skill change. I do also notice that I am squishier, so at some point I'll probably have to put the resist aura back on just to live. It also may be that I'm clearing faster because I'm making better use of CoE.

However.

Dropping bombardment, then popping the Thorns boosting skill, consecration and Akarat's Champion during a CoE physical proc (then getting bombardment from the belt)? Pretty effective AoE clear. Just gotta remember that Bombardment has a couple seconds of windup as the barrels drop, and I'm not sure if it's getting the boosted thorns if the barrels are in midair when I use the skill. CDR is enough that Bombardment seems to be up every second Physical proc on CoE.

Specifically regarding double bombs vs. Furnace, are you having more issues taking out clumps of normal mobs or elite packs? If elemental affixes are giving you headaches, either Furnace (to cut down on the time you need to deal with affixes) or Blood Brother (for more blocking if you have Justice Lantern). I'm assuming you're using Barrel of Spikes on your bar, otherwise the double bombs are in no way worth it and you should use Furnace.

Very badly need a Traveler's Pledge Amulet that I can get both Physical % and a socket on.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

So I've seen it posted many times on here that you should be able to run your high damage spender skills pretty much constantly. How are you guys doing that? Neither my Barbarian nor my Demon Hunter can come close to that. I can keep it up for a while with other actives (like shots, vegence, call of the ancients, etc.) but that tends to not be enough for longer single fights. Usually I'm making up for it with builder skills at the end of a horde or beginning of the next to regen my resources.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

So I've seen it posted many times on here that you should be able to run your high damage spender skills pretty much constantly. How are you guys doing that? Neither my Barbarian nor my Demon Hunter can come close to that. I can keep it up for a while with other actives (like shots, vegence, call of the ancients, etc.) but that tends to not be enough for longer single fights. Usually I'm making up for it with builder skills at the end of a horde or beginning of the next to regen my resources.
    Probably with resource cost reduction, Mantle of Channeling (or a similar legendary), and the right active and passive skills. For instance, there's a WD off-hand that removes the mana cost of Grasp of the Dead and a rune that removes the cooldown (it might be the other way around), alowing Grasp spamming for the Zuni set dungeon.

Similarly, Mantle of Channeling allows a Barbarian to whirlwind almost indefinitely (possibly in conjunction with a skill rune or other legendary or set) and a Wizard to sit on Disintegrate until they need to move again (which is what makes Firebird boring).

Edit: a couple classes have a resource cost return on crit mechanic that helps as well. Other times your resource generation is just fast enough that your bar should be full again once an orbiter or desecrator forces you to move.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-03-16 at 03:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

I haven't seen your build to be sure, but for generator-less builds you want one of two things:

1) A cheap/zero-cost spender (e.g. Ray of Frost, Rapid Fire, Firebats->Vampire Bats, Disintegrate+Hergbrash etc.)
    2) Very low cooldowns

For the latter, there is usually a cooldown skill that will refill your resource, either in a big burst (e.g. Provoke) or over a short period of time (e.g. Epiphany.) The key to not running out is being able to rotate the resource-generating skills as quickly as you spend. So your primary item is usually going to be an OROTZ in your cube. For a Demon Hunter for instance, this enables you to switch between Vengeance, Preparation -> Punishment, and Bat companion if necessary.

Note though that generator builds can work just fine, thanks to the Bastions of Will ring set (aka Focus + Restraint). These typically perform best with sets that encourage you to use a generator, like the Demon Hunter's Unhallowed Essence set or the Wizard's DMO set. Together, F+R give you a huge boost (something around +125% multiplicative damage) and cause the generator to more than pull its weight in the damage game.

For whirlwind barbarians specifically however, you want one of two things - either 2 pc. Immortal King with the Fury rune, or that pair of whirlwind swords that makes you generate as much fury as it costs to channel it.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't seen Focus or Restraint yet, it looks great but probably a completely different type of play style, as I would have to fairly constantly switch between a generator and a spender. Might have to go back to multi-shot on my DH if I do find one. Also haven't seen an OROTZ, are those normal drops or only from GRifts or caches or what?

Last night I decided to try Rapid Fire again... and it just seems so much more lackluster than I remember, it just seems like strafe is killing things just as fast or faster and gives me mobility and the ability to handle crowds. I don't think I've ran RF since the 360, so maybe strafe just gained more in the patches than RF did.
    I tried moving multi-shot in there too, does better at hitting whole groups at once, I'm just not sure if it is worth it compared to strafe again. Not sure what else to try in that slot, it used to be shadow power but I have no need for that since I picked up Zoey's Secrete and don't take any real damage.

Right now I'm running
    Evasive Fire - Focus
    Strafe - Rocket Storm
    Companion - Bat
    Sentry - Spitfire turret
    Vengeance - Seethe
    and last I'm trying to decide

At T3 things are still dying very quickly, I don't think I currently need anything more for defense, and attack seems ok but I think maybe more could be done there. Not sure what is going to be the next problem moving up in difficulty.
    Companion I'm wanting to keep for Marauders, as well as sentries. Although I have to get something else in there for the sentries to fire... maybe strafe isn't the best option for a marauder build...

Original plan was to cube the mantles of channeling, and I will do that when I get the last of the material I need, but wasn't sure on the other cube options.

So we ran our first Greater Rift last night. It seems that other than globes nothing at all drops anything except the bosses, is that right? (Does that also mean we aren't going to see any treasure goblins in them?) We did a level 18 one and I think we still had several minutes left over. We also both ended up with a Bane of the Powerful gem. It seemed like the GR was easier than the world at T3, but normal rifts seem to be harder, does that mean GR difficulty is entirely based on their own level and not the difficulty level the game is set at?

It also seems like we have to beat the rift under the time to go to the next rift level, if that is the case then why were we able to go straight to level 18?

23. - Top - End - #113

I haven't seen Focus or Restraint yet, it looks great but probably a completely different type of play style, as I would have to fairly constantly switch between a generator and a spender. Might have to go back to multi-shot on my DH if I do find one. Also haven't seen an OROTZ, are those normal drops or only from GRifts or caches or what?
    OROTZ is a general drop, as are F+R. Keeping the buff(s) up is actually easier than it sounds, certainly much easier than keeping something like Taeguk going.

Last night I decided to try Rapid Fire again... and it just seems so much more lackluster than I remember, it just seems like strafe is killing things just as fast or faster and gives me mobility and the ability to handle crowds. I don't think I've ran RF since the 360, so maybe strafe just gained more in the patches than RF did.
    I tried moving multi-shot in there too, does better at hitting whole groups at once, I'm just not sure if it is worth it compared to strafe again. Not sure what else to try in that slot, it used to be shadow power but I have no need for that since I picked up Zoey's Secrete and don't take any real damage.

Right now I'm running
    Evasive Fire - Focus
    Strafe - Rocket Storm
    Companion - Bat
    Sentry - Spitfire turret
    Vengeance - Seethe
    and last I'm trying to decide
    I'd go with either Smoke Screen -> Displacement for the double movement speed (which can be activated while strafing), or Marked for Death -> Contagion to increase your dps. Both will give you a relevant use for your discipline pool.

Also, if you're taking no damage you may want to consider upping the difficulty for more gold and better drops.

Companion I'm wanting to keep for Marauders, as well as sentries. Although I have to get something else in there for the sentries to fire... maybe strafe isn't the best option for a marauder build...

Original plan was to cube the mantles of channeling, and I will do that when I get the last of the material I need, but wasn't sure on the other cube options.
    For Marauders you usually want Cluster Arrow or Elemental Arrow (+Kridershot). The latter turns Elemental Arrow into a generator, and then you can combine with Spike Trap to spend your Hatred. Spike Trap also benefits from the Engineering passive that buffs your sentries.

For Strafe I've found the best set is Natalyas. No need to worry about placing/strafing away from turrets, just ballet your way through rifts while spraying Rain of Vengeance everywhere. Combine with Calamity and you'll debuff every single enemy on the screen, making your family or any other group members love you.

I think I might be able to make a strong LoN Strafe build too.

So we ran our first Greater Rift last night. It seems that other than globes nothing at all drops anything except the bosses, is that right? (Does that also mean we aren't going to see any treasure goblins in them?) We did a level 18 one and I think we still had several minutes left over. We also both ended up with a Bane of the Powerful gem. It seemed like the GR was easier than the world at T3, but normal rifts seem to be harder, does that mean GR difficulty is entirely based on their own level and not the difficulty level the game is set at?
    Correct on all counts.

It also seems like we have to beat the rift under the time to go to the next rift level, if that is the case then why were we able to go straight to level 18?
    I actually don't know as by the time the new GR structure was released I was already running 40 so it started me there. Note that if you finish the current GR with a lot of time left over, it will unlock multiple levels above you at once.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-03-17 at 10:57 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

So when I'm trying to max out my gems, and it tells me there's a 60% upgrade chance... is it really 60%? It seems more like it's 25%.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

I only have... I think 1 Natalya's set, so it will be a while before I can try that.
    I searched for Kridershot rune for a bit before figuring out it was a legendary bow.
    I have a relatively low number of choices right now, so it will take a while before I get a good selection of items to build from.

What sort of cube powers should I look for for various builds?

Calamity seems good for most builds, Helltrapper looks like a great choice for marauder, Valla's Bequest seems like it could be pretty good but not totally sure. Bombardier's Rucksack seems almost required for a marauder build.
    Wojahnni Assaulter looks like it could be a fun options, especially with Sin Seekers. Although I don't see much in the quiver range to be worth cubing, as it seems almost anything worth having could just keep the quiver rather than the ability.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Greater Rift level you can start at is based on 2 things:

The highest torment level you've completed a Nephalim Rift on.
    The highest Greater Rift you've completed.

Whichever is higher.

I've noticed some things (completed GRift 40, and could then go up to 42, not 41), but as to what affects that, those are the 2 factors (with some wiggle room as to what it actually gives you for completing, say, a Torment 4 Neph Rift, might give you a couple above the direct parallel).

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, I have a kind of dumb question: Is there any putative Barbarian build which might justify using Simplicity's Strength and/or Depth Diggers? I saw the boosts to those items in the 2.4.1 test patch notes, and I've always had a soft spot for bash, and wondered what people thought. The 'neverending whirlwind' style of Barb play really puts me to sleep, so I'm looking that would use builder and spender, with F&R. Thoughts?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

I think you could probably do it pretty easily. I think Oathkeeper would be required as well (or at least cubed). For Bash specifically Blade of the Warlord would be a good option if you had Might of the Earth or Immortal King's Call, although if that would still work with the rings I'm not sure. Since most of those do all the primary skills, you might even be able to do Bash for fury use and Frenzy or Cleave for a builder. If you go with Frenzy then you need Undisputed Champion belt, and with cleave figure out how to get Dishonored Legacy. Though i don't know if that works because I think you're needing 3 weapon powers, but I think they are all 1-handed weapons. Then you just fill out the skills depending if you have Earth or Immortal sets.

I don't have any idea how well that will actually work, but you get a lot of bonuses, just don't know how many are additive and how many are multiplicative.

I would say give it a try and let us know.

edit: So I checked the diablo.somepage.com lists and 2 of the 5 don't use whirlwind, they use:

Call of the Ancients - Together as One
    Hammer of the Ancients - Smash
    Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity
    Furious Charge - Merciless Assault
    War Cry - Veteran's Warning
    Battle Rage - Bloodshed

Call of the Ancients - Together as One
    Hammer of the Ancients - Smash
    Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity
    Furious Charge - Merciless Assault
    War Cry - Veteran's Warning
    Battle Rage - Bloodshed

Of course none of the builds used any builders, but my "gut" feel looking at the numbers is with the items I've listed above the primaries should be very close to the spenders in damage. But I say that knowing fully well that I don't know which damage increases are additive and which are multiplicative.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2016-03-17 at 02:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Helltrapper looks like a great choice for marauder
    I'd say for Marauders that you want either Kridershot or Manticore as your main weapon, Bombadier's is mandatory as you mentioned, and then in the cube you either want Calamity, Dawn or possibly Rimeheart if you're going for an ice build.

Wojahnni Assaulter looks like it could be a fun options, especially with Sin Seekers. Although I don't see much in the quiver range to be worth cubing, as it seems almost anything worth having could just keep the quiver rather than the ability.
    For a Wojhanni build you probably want Buriza in the cube for the auto-piercing affix, or better yet vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    So, I have a kind of dumb question: Is there any putative Barbarian build which might justify using Simplicity's Strength and/or Depth Diggers? I saw the boosts to those items in the 2.4.1 test patch notes, and I've always had a soft spot for bash, and wondered what people thought. The 'neverending whirlwind' style of Barb play really puts me to sleep, so I'm looking that would use builder and spender, with F&R. Thoughts?
    The only one that potentially comes to mind is an IK build that doesn't use the fury-generating ancients - you'd need a generator there. IK is a general enough set that it enables a lot of builds, and so long as you have ancients + wrath you can really run just about anything else. For a Bash build, my only caveat would be that you should probably skip using the IK maul - generator builds want to hit fast and often rather than slow and ponderously. (It would fit well in a Frenzy build though, which can get your attack speed to blindingly high levels and make 2-handers hit like mack trucks as a result.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

I know there's an item that gives you the effect of every rune on Frenzy, if you don't mind using that instead of Bash (I forget what the item is, but I know that my barb has it because I switched to Frenzy for my builder after acquiring it). As I recall, I'm currently using Frenzy, Rend, Ground Stomp, Avalanche, Earthquake, and Threatening Shout (I also have the item that pops Earthquake + Avalanche whenever I hit Threatening Shout). I have a full Might of Earth set that's sitting in my stash because I scored an early Litany + Wail set, and I'm sporting 5 ancients atm. I've barely played this season; I'm only about P100 and don't have many good Cube options.

But anyway, I would expect a similar setup with Focus + Restraint to be viable at least through middling torment.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.