New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1524
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Huh... So there's a maximum total number of spiders you can have down? Seems plausible. Got any link to testing data to confirm?
    You can test it yourself, fling jars in town until you see them dying as fast as you can throw.

Locusts and Haunt aren't affected by Helltooth at all. You just get a third DoT: Necrosis for 1500% damage, but the majority of your additional damage comes from Helltooth 6-piece, making primaries, pets, etc., doing 15x damage.
    My bad, I thought they were on the list of things that caused Necrosis. Guess you're SoL.

Eh, the passives are better than any individual item. I'm not sure if there's a single item that can increase your @RES by 15% unless you're nekkid.
    Aquila, Lakumba, Mantle, Henri, Unity...

At no point did I suggest that not dodging at all was a good idea, or made for good gameplay. I'm not asking for defensive passives to be buffed, I'm suggesting that 'die but don't die' mechanics are irritating, to me, because they present a kind of Sophie's choice: You can get tougher, or you can be less tough but occasionally not die. See what I mean?

This isn't an itemization philosophy thing, it's a build diversity thing, it's just caused by itemization. How we got here is sheer conjecture on my part, I'll admit. Can you come up with some other reason why they added three legendaries and a set which all boost Firebats? (Arachyr, Bakuli Jungle Wraps, Staff of Chiroptera, Coils of the First Spider*) It was a really effective spender already, so the devs though, I know, I'll pour some more kerosene on this fire.
    As I said in my last post, continuing to bicker about itemization is a waste of time and doesn't help your build, so I'll shelve that for now.

* For that matter, why is a spider-themed item buffing Firebats at all?
    Why does a monkey-themed item buff Wave of Light, or a Plague-themed item buff bone skills while the bone-themed item doesn't? *shrug*

(item = set)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-07-18 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    You can test it yourself, fling jars in town until you see them dying as fast as you can throw.
    Surely that doesn't mean that they're not attacking. Obviously, each spider wave has a set time to live, what matters is whether they're able to deliver their full payload of 12 attacks before they die. I can certainly tell you that my single target DPS doesn't incline me to believe they're running into some maximum spawn threshold. I won't dispute that there might be some lag from all the spawns, but my PC is a beast, so I don't have those kinds of issues.

My bad, I thought they were on the list of things that caused Necrosis. Guess you're SoL.
    I haven't quite given up on Arachyr, or there's always LoN.

Aquila, Lakumba, Mantle, Henri, Unity...
    Conceded. I don't know why I had those blocked off in my head. I guess because they're conditional in lieu of just working, though I'll admit Unity just works (just only solo).

As I said in my last post, continuing to bicker about itemization is a waste of time and doesn't help your build, so I'll shelve that for now.
    We're having a discussion on the internet about a video game. It's a waste of time discussing a waste of time. As you wish, however.

Why does a monkey-themed item buff Wave of Light, or a Plague-themed item buff bone skills while the bone-themed item doesn't? *shrug*
    Indeed. I suppose that the people naming the item and the people creating the stats aren't necessarily always communicating (or literate).
    Last edited by The_Jackal; 2017-07-18 at 01:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1293

Surely that doesn't mean that they're not attacking. Obviously, each spider wave has a set time to live, what matters is whether they're able to deliver their full payload of 12 attacks before they die. I can certainly tell you that my single target DPS doesn't incline me to believe they're running into some maximum spawn threshold. I won't dispute that there might be some lag from all the spawns, but my PC is a beast, so I don't have those kinds of issues.
    I honestly don't think they do, because each jar has acquisition time even if you aim them perfectly, and that's certainly not easy to do in the heat of combat.

Conceded. I don't know why I had those blocked off in my head. I guess because they're conditional in lieu of just working, though I'll admit Unity just works (just only solo).
    Henri isn't conditional either. Well, the condition is "being hit" but that's about when toughness would matter, so...

We're having a discussion on the internet about a video game. It's a waste of time discussing a waste of time. As you wish, however.
    I meant that I'm unlikely to convince you of anything on this topic and vice-versa.

Let me know how RF works for you.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-07-18 at 02:31 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I honestly don't think they do, because each jar has acquisition time even if you aim them perfectly, and that's certainly not easy to do in the heat of combat.
    Hence Leaping Spiders.

Henri isn't conditional either. Well, the condition is "being hit" but that's about when toughness would matter, so...
    Fair.

I meant that I'm unlikely to convince you of anything on this topic and vice-versa.

Let me know how RF works for you.
    I will.

An unrelated question: What do you all suppose is the best Barbarian rifting build I can get WITHOUT using Convention of Elements?
    Last edited by The_Jackal; 2017-07-18 at 09:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1295

Hence Leaping Spiders.
    You don't have much control over who they target though. I'm just unimpressed with the skill in general, as cool as it looks and sounds on paper.

An unrelated question: What do you all suppose is the best Barbarian rifting build I can get WITHOUT using Convention of Elements?
    Chargebarian with F+R and RRoG in the cube.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

[QUOTE=The_Jackal;22207702]

Hence Leaping Spiders.

Fair.

I will.

For normal rifts, CoE is usually overkill. Does "Rifting" imply either Normal or GRs, or is it just used to distinguish from bounties and questing?
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    For normal rifts, CoE is usually overkill. Does "Rifting" imply either Normal or GRs, or is it just used to distinguish from bounties and questing?
    I'm not asking for much, just the ability to clear GR70 so I can get a CHANCE at primal ancient drops.

You don't have much control over who they target though. I'm just unimpressed with the skill in general, as cool as it looks and sounds on paper.
    Who needs target control? Is there some monster I'll be fighting that I don't want to take damage? Look, you're not wrong, CS is mediocre, but it's not mediocre because the base skill is bad. It's mediocre because it's not standing on a mountain of synergistic legendaries and gimmicks that make it the uber build. Here's the thing: The D3 developers, I feel, did a great job with the base game, but the humped the itemization hard (no legendaries, all random yellow garbage, and of course, RMAH), and had NO plan for an end-game. They added an endgame, and have put in some legendaries and sets which at least give you *some* interesting choices and builds, but the stupendously hyperbolic scaling on difficulty drives all of the lack of build diversity and player options. Utlimately, I feel that this is because what few developers they've kept on DIII are spending 100% of their time feeding the power creep of the top-tier builds instead of giving attention to under-utilized and under-itemized skills. The only time they intervene is when the community stumbles on a bot-friendly build, ie: something with so little interactivity, that a human playing it would be more or less indistinguishable from a robot.

Basically this.
    Last edited by The_Jackal; 2017-07-18 at 11:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1298

Who needs target control? Is there some monster I'll be fighting that I don't want to take damage?
    You might want one to take damage faster.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ettin in the Playground

I pretty much agree with The Jackal, it all comes down to Blizzard's itemization and the fact that it is only a couple skills that they decided were good enough to use.

Unless the skill gets a 6set boost and has 1-2 other legendary items that fit with that set, then the skill is not worth using. And since everything is tied back to sets and those sets "require" a specific skill or two, you're pretty much forced into a few builds if you want to do anything hard/that will progress you.

There are a few "variables" in some, like "I can use any resource generator" but in the end that skill is practically meaningless on its own, it is just there to charge up some other skill that does all of the actual damage.

They've just designed themselves into a corner. A skill has to have a boost in a bracer, and maybe one other slot, so long as it is a 7 piece set rather than a 6, or you're forcing a ring pick too, which then limits your choices there too. How many different rings are actually worth using? There are 47 set/legendary rings and CoE, F/R, ORotZ, and RoRG are pretty much the only ones that see any use outside of maybe 1 specific build.

It sort of takes all of the fun out of the loot system when you're not looking for something better, you're looking for 1-2 specific items and the variable is if it showed up with the correct attributes for the build (and those attributes almost never change either),

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I pretty much agree with The Jackal, it all comes down to Blizzard's itemization and the fact that it is only a couple skills that they decided were good enough to use.

Unless the skill gets a 6set boost and has 1-2 other legendary items that fit with that set, then the skill is not worth using. And since everything is tied back to sets and those sets "require" a specific skill or two, you're pretty much forced into a few builds if you want to do anything hard/that will progress you.

There are a few "variables" in some, like "I can use any resource generator" but in the end that skill is practically meaningless on its own, it is just there to charge up some other skill that does all of the actual damage.

They've just designed themselves into a corner. A skill has to have a boost in a bracer, and maybe one other slot, so long as it is a 7 piece set rather than a 6, or you're forcing a ring pick too, which then limits your choices there too. How many different rings are actually worth using? There are 47 set/legendary rings and CoE, F/R, ORotZ, and RoRG are pretty much the only ones that see any use outside of maybe 1 specific build.

It sort of takes all of the fun out of the loot system when you're not looking for something better, you're looking for 1-2 specific items and the variable is if it showed up with the correct attributes for the build (and those attributes almost never change either),
    Well, ideally LoN should offer some build diversity, but even there, the disparity in legendary affixes that boost certain skills beyond reason pokes up its ugly head. Plus, the other issue is that even within the 'top-tier' builds, there's really no balance. When 5 greater rifts amounts to a doubling in damage output, how hard should it be to get the best builds in each class within a couple of GRs of each other. The top Barbarian build is pushing GR 105, and the top Wizard build is 112. So we're talking about nearly triple the damage output between the best Barbarian build and the best Wizard build. Are they even looking at the math? In WoW, the community pitches a fit when one DPS class/spec shows a 10% advantage in damage.

11. - Top - End - #1301

There are 47 set/legendary rings and CoE, F/R, ORotZ, and RoRG are pretty much the only ones that see any use outside of maybe 1 specific build.
    LoN, EW, Unity, Class defensive ring (e.g. Band of Might/Halo/Elusive/etc), Class offensive ring (e.g. Skull Grasp/Emptiness/Krysbin/Manald/etc) all exist too. Every build that uses these is capable of variation while remaining viable.

If on the other hand what you want is total anarchy, where legendary powers don't matter - I do believe that would be worse for the game as a whole. Needing to hunt down specific legendaries is what keeps people playing. If you stripped those abilities off, and returned to the days where Echoing Fury or well-rolled yellows were top-tier, they would have to return to all legendaries being exceedingly rare to keep that same level of retention and engagement. Otherwise, everyone would gear up too quickly and just stop playing.

I do agree that no one class should be topping the charts the way Archon Wizard is, but I don't agree that some skills should simply be made better than others in the long run via itemization. Plus the game isn't over yet; we've seen new skills added to the meta, like Hydra getting added to Manald, and Seismic Slam getting added to Charge and Leapquake builds.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

LoN, EW, Unity, Class defensive ring (e.g. Band of Might/Halo/Elusive/etc), Class offensive ring (e.g. Skull Grasp/Emptiness/Krysbin/Manald/etc) all exist too. Every build that uses these is capable of variation while remaining viable.

If on the other hand what you want is total anarchy, where legendary powers don't matter - I do believe that would be worse for the game as a whole. Needing to hunt down specific legendaries is what keeps people playing. If you stripped those abilities off, and returned to the days where Echoing Fury or well-rolled yellows were top-tier, they would have to return to all legendaries being exceedingly rare to keep that same level of retention and engagement. Otherwise, everyone would gear up too quickly and just stop playing.

I do agree that no one class should be topping the charts the way Archon Wizard is, but I don't agree that some skills should simply be made better than others in the long run via itemization. Plus the game isn't over yet; we've seen new skills added to the meta, like Hydra getting added to Manald, and Seismic Slam getting added to Charge and Leapquake builds.
    It does seem like they're slowly trying to widen the number of viable skills and builds.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

13. - Top - End - #1303

There are other examples we don't see either. They experimented with adding Blessed Shield to Rolands for instance, but the result proved too taxing for the servers - Rolands' lightning-fast attack speed combined with that splitting rune and resource-free BS from Gyrfalcon meant thousands of effects being generated on screen at once, and they ultimately had to roll that back.

Which leads me of course to another point - some abilities are just plain cool, so you want them to be in the game, but making them so powerful that everyone considers them viable has deleterious effects. Leaving them weaker and niche keeps them around and fun for those who want to play for fun, while letting them be safely ignored by those with more of a progression focus in mind.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Banned

Devil

There seems to be a simpler way - rather than increasing attack speed, increase the damage by the same amount, like they do with the Attack Speed increases on the Necro Skellies.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Right. One ring per class, or you're using CoE. Except that like as not, you're using CoE anyway, and use the cube to get a class ring, unless you're using LoN. Which means if you're a Barb build, guess what! You're using WW. If you're a Doc, you're using Locusts/Haunt.

Nobody's asking for legendary powers to not matter, but for itemization and skills to be balanced within some reasonable distance of each other. I want as many items in the item pool to boost Acid Cloud as there are for Firebats, for example, or as many items to buff Rend as Whirlwind. We want items that give you real diversity of build, if you can collect the right set of items. Because, you're right, making legendary affixes not matter would be terrible for the game. We saw that in pre-RoS DIII.

Asking for skills to be made better than others is the polar opposite of what I want. I'd really like to see neglected skills like Hammer of the Ancients get close to relevant, and for builders/primaries to not be pointless afterthoughts.

16. - Top - End - #1306

Right. One ring per class, or you're using CoE.
    Completely wrong.

Nobody's asking for legendary powers to not matter, but for itemization and skills to be balanced within some reasonable distance of each other. I want as many items in the item pool to boost Acid Cloud as there are for Firebats, for example, or as many items to buff Rend as Whirlwind. We want items that give you real diversity of build, if you can collect the right set of items. Because, you're right, making legendary affixes not matter would be terrible for the game. We saw that in pre-RoS DIII.
    Acid Cloud already has enough support to clear 70 easily. Rend is meant to be used WITH Whirlwind (and it has support too.)

Could they do that with more skills, I wouldn't mind, but expecting it for all of them is unrealistic.

Asking for skills to be made better than others is the polar opposite of what I want. I'd really like to see neglected skills like Hammer of the Ancients get close to relevant, and for builders/primaries to not be pointless afterthoughts.
    Hammer has dedicated legendaries, go nuts. Should work in a pure IK build.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    There seems to be a simpler way - rather than increasing attack speed, increase the damage by the same amount, like they do with the Attack Speed increases on the Necro Skellies.
    Roland is designed for speed, it is meant to emulate the D2 Smitedin. Fast sweep attack is also fun.

What they should do instead for a Blessed Shield build, is make the Gyrfalcon lower the wrath cost by 90% instead of removing it. It needs to spend some to trigger OROTZ so that an Akkhan build will function.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-07-19 at 07:21 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

There are other examples we don't see either. They experimented with adding Blessed Shield to Rolands for instance, but the result proved too taxing for the servers - Rolands' lightning-fast attack speed combined with that splitting rune and resource-free BS from Gyrfalcon meant thousands of effects being generated on screen at once, and they ultimately had to roll that back.

Which leads me of course to another point - some abilities are just plain cool, so you want them to be in the game, but making them so powerful that everyone considers them viable has deleterious effects. Leaving them weaker and niche keeps them around and fun for those who want to play for fun, while letting them be safely ignored by those with more of a progression focus in mind.
    That's a legitimate reason to change builds, but they totally did that, with, for example, Carnevil, which used to spawn a dart for every fetish you had, as opposed to now where only 5 of your fetishes will fire a dart. I seems like if they were concerned about corpse spiders flooding the server with computational load, they could make it an small radius AoE, and keep the spiders all in a clump. There's no reason each one has to be treated as its own sprite. How the skill looks on the screen and how it's resolved by the server don't need to be that tightly coupled.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Completely wrong.
    Practically every build is using Endless Walk or F&R, and the handful that aren't are very, very niche. Yes, lightning Archon doesn't, but a quick review of the top tier builds sees a LOT of patterns in the jewelry best in slot options, and, for that matter, lots of patterns in the best legendary gems, the best spenders, etc.

Acid Cloud already has enough support to clear 70 easily. Rend is meant to be used WITH Whirlwind (and it has support too.)
    As I said before, 70 is just the bar to cover 'barely usable'. You're nuts if you think it's going to compete with Firebats or LoN SB.

Could they do that with more skills, I wouldn't mind, but expecting it for all of them is unrealistic.
    Why? What's unrealistic about doing your scaling right?

Hammer has dedicated legendaries, go nuts. Should work in a pure IK build.
    I doubt HotA could even clear GR70 without wall-to-wall ancients and stacking tons of bonus stats. I'm gonna try, just because I need a break from the Doc, I'll let you know how it goes. Either that or I'll roll a Hammerdin.

19. - Top - End - #1309

Practically every build is using Endless Walk or F&R, and the handful that aren't are very, very niche. Yes, lightning Archon doesn't, but a quick review of the top tier builds sees a LOT of patterns in the jewelry best in slot options, and, for that matter, lots of patterns in the best legendary gems, the best spenders, etc.
    1) You forgot LoN.
    1) Builds that constantly move and have no generator get no benefit from either of these. Note that Archon falls into that category easily.
    2) Your point was regarding the second (or third) ring slot, not those two. It does not have to be CoE at all.

As I said before, 70 is just the bar to cover 'barely usable'. You're nuts if you think it's going to compete with Firebats or LoN SB.
    So 80+ doesn't clear that bar then?
    (Also, nice goalpost shift to "compete with Firebats.")

Why? What's unrealistic about doing your scaling right?
    For every skill? They'd have to revamp and create a lot more legendaries, for one.

I doubt HotA could even clear GR70 without wall-to-wall ancients and stacking tons of bonus stats. I'm gonna try, just because I need a break from the Doc, I'll let you know how it goes. Either that or I'll roll a Hammerdin.
    First Men + Gavel + IK seems simple enough. I think I'll try it myself actually.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-07-19 at 08:23 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ettin in the Playground

For every skill? They'd have to revamp and create a lot more legendaries, for one.
    And what would be the problem with that? The game is already about farming for gear, adding more gear to farm for seems like it fits the design perfectly. There are also a lot of items that could just be changed instead of adding new ones because right now 80-90% of the legendaries that drop are practically useless anyway. At least that would make some of them "useful for one or two builds" which is a lot more than can be said for them now.

I also think expanding every set to at least 7 pieces would do a lot. Right now many of them are exactly 6 pieces, which either means RoRG or no choice at all in how you build around that set. Which always leads to "this item has to be in the cube for this build" and there is no way around it and no way to change up the build because of it.

Because generally they do have legendaries for most skills but which slot it ends up in, and if the set boosts it at all, says whether or not it can be used. And the majority of the sets say "you have to use these 1-2 skills and nothing else" and they do generally have one set per class that is a set damage increase but it generally requires 1-2 specific skills too, just that your damage can come from other skills.

I guess though that the more disappointing part is that there are so many legendary items that are just never worth using.
    Passives seem really bad too, there are a few that are a given in pretty much every build, there are a few build dependent, and a lot that you just never look at again.
    And the same goes for the legendary gems. I think I've used a wider variety of those, but there are still some I have yet to see a use for.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Banned

Devil

What would a Thousand Storms Monk look like without Shenlong? Or is that just not a thing?

22. - Top - End - #1312

And what would be the problem with that?
    There isn't a problem with that, but it does take some patience. If indeed it were to happen, it wouldn't be overnight. We've seen them do it slowly with the likes of Faithful Memory, Manald Heal and The Barber.

Note that converting all those "blank" legendaries to specific skills would remove them from the drop tables of classes without that skill, similar to how Faithful Memory became Crusader-only and Manald Heal became Wizard only. Obviously this is a good thing in the short term, because it means fewer "junk" legendaries in between us and the ones we want. But what we want in the short run and what is good for the health of the game in the long run are not always the same thing; gearing up too fast is ultimately bad for the game.

I also think expanding every set to at least 7 pieces would do a lot. Right now many of them are exactly 6 pieces, which either means RoRG or no choice at all in how you build around that set. Which always leads to "this item has to be in the cube for this build" and there is no way around it and no way to change up the build because of it.
    This one I agree with completely, I also want every set to be 7pcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    What would a Thousand Storms Monk look like without Shenlong? Or is that just not a thing?
    Probably... Jawbreaker, Crystal Fist, and Flying Dragon in the cube. You'd focus more on DS than on your generators.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

There isn't a problem with that, but it does take some patience. If indeed it were to happen, it wouldn't be overnight. We've seen them do it slowly with the likes of Faithful Memory, Manald Heal and The Barber.
    I feel like turning up the taps on new legendary items should not be immensely difficult. Sets, perhaps moreso, to be fair, but given the wildly disparate power level of the current status quo, I don't feel like flooding in new items into the item pool is likely to harm much. Also, it's not like they haven't added a bunch of 'transmog-only' gear that they could hijack and use for art assets for legendary items.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

So who is planning on playing this season.
    Do we have a gitp group or community?

Also what is the best way to solo level with a new season?

Edit:
    We do have a GitP community GitP.
    Not many people in it though.

If you need an invite send me a message (legoshrimp#1722)

Also any interest in making it a gitp clan instead?
    Last edited by Legoshrimp; 2017-07-20 at 06:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    So who is planning on playing this season.
    Do we have a gitp group or community?

Edit:
    We do have a GitP community GitP.
    Not many people in it though.

If you need an invite send me a message (legoshrimp#1722)

Also any interest in making it a gitp clan instead?
    My wife and I are playing again. I'm going mage, she's going to use probably Necro or Demon Hunter
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll be playing again, first season in a while(like..season 5 or 6 I think? Probably 5). Think I'll be going with a Cold Ray Sorc, though I might at some point branch off and play a summon necro.

27. - Top - End - #1317

I'm going Necro since (a) the Set Dungeon conquest is back, and (b) they have the only set dungeons I haven't mastered yet.

Wizard will probably be my secondary so that they can share jewelry.

I feel like turning up the taps on new legendary items should not be immensely difficult. Sets, perhaps moreso, to be fair, but given the wildly disparate power level of the current status quo, I don't feel like flooding in new items into the item pool is likely to harm much. Also, it's not like they haven't added a bunch of 'transmog-only' gear that they could hijack and use for art assets for legendary items.
    I'm going to hazard a guess that it is more complicated than you believe it to be, and furthermore that they know more about it than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    I believe the fastest is to farm a dense area like Halls of Agony and rack up huge kill streaks on a lower difficulty. Personally though I prefer just running bounties, both for the variety and for the mats.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I managed to get in an hour and a half or two of play time, ended up level 35. Doing an disintegrate build for now, as doing a Cold Ray build without the equipment that allows it to pass through multiple opponents like disintegrate does is severely handicapping oneself, taking a much longer time to level up and find the right gear, and I'd rather get to play my build sooner then later even if I have to play a different build for right now.

Already handling master level rifts, and once I get some more money and can afford to craft some better gear in certain slots I should be able to breeze through it(It's moderately challenging atm).

Also, holy hell, just as I got on, several people got world first achievements, and I checked them out and they are already paragon 209. Either botters, or really, really freaking dedicated players.

29. - Top - End - #1319

I see little point in trying to compete with those people personally.

BF and I will be starting tonight.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm going to hazard a guess that it is more complicated than you believe it to be, and furthermore that they know more about it than you do.
    They certainly do, but I have a different goal from theirs. Blizzard's goal is to maximize the profits of the game. My goal is to make the game more fun. While those goals seem like they ought to be in harmony with each other, Blizzard has other ideas, namely forcing the progression game into ever mounting levels of repetition. Hence the continual innovations to come up with a new way to walk through a corridor killing monsters for the same rewards.

That's not to say that all that Blizzard is doing is garbage, new tilesets and monsters are always appreciated, and are certainly far more labor intensive than adding new items to the loot pool, and of course the Necromancer is a good addition. I'm honestly surprised it took them this long to decide to add another Hero. DII: LoD added 2 new Heroes, and was a huge success, in fact its innovations were arguably the reason we remember DII so fondly.

But at the end of the day, banner icons, portrait frames, vanity pets, and transmog items do not bring the boys to the yard. Gear and content do. So yeah, I'd like Blizzard to put on their big boy pants and do things that are hard because they're the right thing to do, and I don't really care very much whether it's hard or not. My job is hard too.
    Last edited by The_Jackal; 2017-07-21 at 10:59 AM.