New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1524
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

I tried it Icewraith and you're right. The issue is that the damage runes on Vault are just too inherently weak, so Danetta's multiplying that by 9 still resulted in crap. Getting a generator to free up Preparation didn't help much either as I didn't really have anything to replace it with - the best I could think of was Marked for Death, but my standard Nat's build already has that via Calamity.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I tried it Icewraith and you're right. The issue is that the damage runes on Vault are just too inherently weak, so Danetta's multiplying that by 9 still resulted in crap. Getting a generator to free up Preparation didn't help much either as I didn't really have anything to replace it with - the best I could think of was Marked for Death, but my standard Nat's build already has that via Calamity.
    My line of thinking was Nat's Slayer in one hand, Valla's Bequest in the other, and Buriza in the cube for double-piercing strafe projectiles, doing extra damage with enfiladed fire to groups. Not useful versus a RG, but I had intended to go with Bane of the Stricken (other gems are BoTT & Taeguk) to beef up single target. But to be honest, I haven't ever completed my Nat's set, so I'm not sure how much of the total basket of damage is coming from strafe, as opposed to Rain of Vengeance. Or maybe running RoRG and K'Mar Tenclip instead of Nat's slayer? In a related note, does pierce work with grenades (which just sounds weird, but you never know)?

3. - Top - End - #1413

With Hellcat I'm not sure it matters whether grenades pierce or not. I'm also not sure what percentage of your overall output Strafe is,
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

With Hellcat I'm not sure it matters whether grenades pierce or not. I'm also not sure what percentage of your overall output Strafe is,
    I'll play with it, but upon further reflection, I'm betting that Dawn for the cooldown reduction on Vengenace is likely to yield much more output than some more pierce on strafe, grenades or otherwise.

5. - Top - End - #1415

Feel free to post how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Also, the damage bonus from Nat's set is tiny compared to others.
    Yeah. It's weird that they buffed IK and even Akkhan, but not this.

Thought exercise: if every set were 7 pieces, what 2 sets would everyone most want to combine 6/4? For simplicity, let's say the 7th piece is either an amulet or a belt.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-08-02 at 08:30 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

Thought exercise: if every set were 7 pieces, what 2 sets would everyone most want to combine 6/4? For simplicity, let's say the 7th piece is either an amulet or a belt.
    I keep wanting to find a way to use the fact that Unhallowed Essence works with 'generators' and not primary skills, so.. UH 6/Shadow's Mantle 4, Sword of I'll Will and the quiver that makes Chakram a generator. Both your Discipline and your Hatred contribute to Chakram's damage, you get Shadow's base damage and permanent Shadow Power to go alongside UH's 4 piece damage/defense passive. Weak single target due to the nature of Chakram, but depending on how the Shadow 2/UH 6 damage bonuses work together (I'm guessing additive into a single multiplier, because 1200 x 40 x Discipline is a ridiculous number) it might not even matter.

7. - Top - End - #1417

...you're right, it does say that. I should try it with my Kridershot. Previously I was only using that bow with Marauders.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Bugbear in the Playground

Finally got Manald Heal to drop for me, now all I need to do is is GR's and get BotT to drop for me and I'll be set to start hunting some better Tal Rasha's... Or moving onto the Archon build.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

Singularity skeleton mage with rathma seems really good.
    I have gotten the stash tab already and working on the guardian objectives now. Not sure which conquest I am going to aim for, probably just the 2 minute t13 one. I did gold and solo gr75 already.

My main annoyance so far is that I still haven't gotten tasker and theo. I think I have dropped nearly 30k blood shards into gloves so far, and two or three hundred breaths into upgrading gloves. No luck so far.

10. - Top - End - #1420

I found an Ancient T&T, which is nearly as bad since I don't want to cube it

The conquest is actually 2 min TX, so that should be even easier on you.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-08-04 at 07:07 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Singularity skeleton mage with rathma seems really good.
    I have gotten the stash tab already and working on the guardian objectives now. Not sure which conquest I am going to aim for, probably just the 2 minute t13 one. I did gold and solo gr75 already.

My main annoyance so far is that I still haven't gotten tasker and theo. I think I have dropped nearly 30k blood shards into gloves so far, and two or three hundred breaths into upgrading gloves. No luck so far.
    Can you share your build? My wife's really struggling with the Rathma set.

I've got 35 Horadric caches stored up (15 more to go) for the Avarice conquest. Still have a ways to go on the Solo GRs though (just hit 54, but with 10 minutes to spare).
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post

I've got 35 Horadric caches stored up (15 more to go) for the Avarice conquest. Still have a ways to go on the Solo GRs though (just hit 54, but with 10 minutes to spare).
    Hmm, you can use multiple openings of Horadric Caches to get the 50mil gold chain conquest? That's...awesome! Very good to know, I was wondering how I was going to get the single conquest I need right now for the Destroyer level of achievements.

Sounds like we're in the same boat for Solo GR's, I just finished a 56 with 8 1/2 minutes to spare. Unfortunately, I'm so squishy that if I have a particularly nasty rift, I'm probably not going to beat it. Firebirds 1st set bonus has helped some(free revive, doesn't even count towards the free gem upgrade for not dying), but I have a feeling another 3 or 4 levels in rifts and I'm going to be at a solid wall for a while until I get some more ancient tal and firebird pieces(I've gambled so many chest pieces over the last 3-4 days, easily 25-35k shards, and I've only seen ONE tal's piece, and it wasn't ancient, RAWR!).

Tempted to build a Necro Corpse Lance build, those apparently are pretty damn strong and are easily capable of GR75 solo(actually, pretty sure they can hit 100), but I don't have to worry about that yet for the seasonal stuff.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Hmm, you can use multiple openings of Horadric Caches to get the 50mil gold chain conquest? That's...awesome! Very good to know, I was wondering how I was going to get the single conquest I need right now for the Destroyer level of achievements.
    Step 1: Store up no less than 50 Torment 10 Horadric Caches in your Stash (takes 100 equipment squares, and each tab has 70 squares, so this will take more than one tab).
    Step 2: Unequip your pet.
    Step 3: Open your stash
    Step 4: Fill up your inventory with HCs.
    Step 4: Close your stash.
    Step 5: Without moving, "Explode" the HCs in your inventory.
    Step 6: Repeat steps 3 - 5 until all your stored HCs have been "exploded"
    Step 7: Equip your pet.
    Step 8: Admire your new Completed Conquest!

With Boon of the Hoarder, you can make the 50mil chain on Ruins of Corvus or the Bovine Bardiche level, but it takes some work. This method's easier, assuming you have the storage space.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

14. - Top - End - #1424

I would suggest completing GR70 before accumulating all those caches as well. There's a good chance you'll get a primal in at least one of them, and even if it's useless, that's 10 forgotten souls.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I would suggest completing GR70 before accumulating all those caches as well. There's a good chance you'll get a primal in at least one of them, and even if it's useless, that's 10 forgotten souls.
    By accumulating I assume you mean farming, since Blizz is usually good setting the contents of a box when it's dropped, not when it's opened.

16. - Top - End - #1426

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    By accumulating I assume you mean farming, since Blizz is usually good setting the contents of a box when it's dropped, not when it's opened.
    By accumulating I meant collecting them, yes.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Jesseth Set + Rathma Set+ Nailuj (Cube, wear it if you have a 4 second one with good rolls and a crappy Krysbin)+ Krysbin + Necro Decrepify Belt + Amulet and Ring of your choice (Endless Walk for GR pushing) +Reaper's Wraps

Bone Spikes (Impact)/Skeleton Mage (Singularity)

Devour/Skeleton Army (I use +attack speed)/Blood Walk (I use double charges)/Decrepify (Dizzying?)
    Passives:
    Cheat Death/ Drop Health Globes when you consume a corpse/+Essence/Skeleton Mage Lifespan

Cube: Shadowhook/grumble grumble Tasker won't drop/Nailuj or Krysbin (if you have a 4 second Nailuj)
    Gems: Trapped/Enforcer/Zei's

notable Stat Priorities: Cooldown Reduction? Who cares!
    Vitality Gem in helm (could you get more powerful mages with resource cost reduction?).
    +Physical % Damage
    +Max Essence on Main hand and Paragons (because of Shadowhook)

How to play:

When a fight starts:
    Decrepify the first thing you see as soon as you see it.
    Have Skeletons Attack something. (Activating Jesseth set, your Skeles will attack as long as there are enemies on screen
    THEN AND ONLY THEN
    Summon Mage.
    Bone Spikes 2x
    Summon Mage (Maxing out your 6PC damage bonus).

Use Devour to restore essence after summoning Mages and keep at least two sets of Mages active when you have things to fight, preferably more. Try to keep Decrepify up on something at all times, this can be challenging because Singularity will burn all your essence in one go and your Singularity Mages + Jesseth Set Skeletons will kill things very quickly.

Keep track of these things:
    1: Are there still mobs on the screen to fight? (Are your Skeletons still attacking them?)
    2: How many Mages do you have? (Top right corner shows your minion count)
    3: Are there corpses available?
    4: Are there health Globes out?

What you want to avoid is summoning Mages right when you run out of things to fight and have no corpses or globes available. If you do that you'll be going into the next fight with no essence, no DR from Decrepify, and no damage boost from Jesseth set. (So if it's a teleporter or thunderstorm pack you'll probably get one-shot) You want to start every fight with enough essence to use Decrepify, order your Skeletons to attack something, and summon a pair of mages. Ideally you have Mages left over from your last fight, but if not- Bone Spikes 2x and you should be able to summon another set of Mages.

Three health globes will mostly fill your Essence, so summon Mages in between picking up sets of globes so you don't waste essence. Also remember that devour can cause globes to drop.

Your Cheat Death will kill all your minions, so if they suddenly disappear you'll know it's gone off. Throw out a Decrepify just in case and run away, get your Skeletons attacking something as soon as one spawns, get mages back out, and be a bit more careful this time. Maybe I'm just sloppy, but the Cheat Death has been a pretty necessary component of the build.

So far: Cleared GR 64 with level 35 gems and time to spare. Trying to complete Endless Walk Set or scrounge up a couple of unities for some extra toughness before pushing GR 70. Once I get my gems more-or-less caught up with the GR levels I'm attempting I'll push to 70 regardless.

Rakoff's glass of Life may be a decent amulet to give your Follower- I don't know if it actually works (since things can work differently on Followers), but it can't hurt.

Note: IIRC the "optimal" GR pushing build uses Land of the Dead (Frozen Lands) as a sort of long-CD auto-win against tough mob packs and RGs. For Torment difficulties and lower GRs, it's not really necessary and you're better off with the extra mobility from Blood Walk.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2017-08-04 at 01:01 PM.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Jesseth Set + Rathma Set+ Nailuj (Cube, wear it if you have a 4 second one with good rolls and a crappy Krysbin)+ Krysbin + Necro Decrepify Belt + Amulet and Ring of your choice (Endless Walk for GR pushing) +Reaper's Wraps

Bone Spikes (Impact)/Skeleton Mage (Singularity)

Devour/Skeleton Army (I use +attack speed)/Blood Walk (I use double charges)/Decrepify (Dizzying?)
    Passives:
    Cheat Death/ Drop Health Globes when you consume a corpse/+Essence/Skeleton Mage Lifespan

Cube: Shadowhook/grumble grumble Tasker won't drop/Nailuj or Krysbin (if you have a 4 second Nailuj)
    Gems: Trapped/Enforcer/Zei's

notable Stat Priorities: Cooldown Reduction? Who cares!
    Vitality Gem in helm (could you get more powerful mages with resource cost reduction?).
    +Physical % Damage
    +Max Essence on Main hand and Paragons (because of Shadowhook)

How to play:

When a fight starts:
    Decrepify the first thing you see as soon as you see it.
    Have Skeletons Attack something. (Activating Jesseth set, your Skeles will attack as long as there are enemies on screen
    THEN AND ONLY THEN
    Summon Mage.
    Bone Spikes 2x
    Summon Mage (Maxing out your 6PC damage bonus).

Use Devour to restore essence after summoning Mages and keep at least two sets of Mages active when you have things to fight, preferably more. Try to keep Decrepify up on something at all times, this can be challenging because Singularity will burn all your essence in one go and your Singularity Mages + Jesseth Set Skeletons will kill things very quickly.

Keep track of these things:
    1: Are there still mobs on the screen to fight? (Are your Skeletons still attacking them?)
    2: How many Mages do you have? (Top right corner shows your minion count)
    3: Are there corpses available?
    4: Are there health Globes out?

What you want to avoid is summoning Mages right when you run out of things to fight and have no corpses or globes available. If you do that you'll be going into the next fight with no essence, no DR from Decrepify, and no damage boost from Jesseth set. (So if it's a teleporter or thunderstorm pack you'll probably get one-shot) You want to start every fight with enough essence to use Decrepify, order your Skeletons to attack something, and summon a pair of mages. Ideally you have Mages left over from your last fight, but if not- Bone Spikes 2x and you should be able to summon another set of Mages.

Three health globes will mostly fill your Essence, so summon Mages in between picking up sets of globes so you don't waste essence. Also remember that devour can cause globes to drop.

Your Cheat Death will kill all your minions, so if they suddenly disappear you'll know it's gone off. Throw out a Decrepify just in case and run away, get your Skeletons attacking something as soon as one spawns, get mages back out, and be a bit more careful this time. Maybe I'm just sloppy, but the Cheat Death has been a pretty necessary component of the build.

So far: Cleared GR 64 with level 35 gems and time to spare. Trying to complete Endless Walk Set or scrounge up a couple of unities for some extra toughness before pushing GR 70. Once I get my gems more-or-less caught up with the GR levels I'm attempting I'll push to 70 regardless.

Rakoff's glass of Life may be a decent amulet to give your Follower- I don't know if it actually works (since things can work differently on Followers), but it can't hurt.

Note: IIRC the "optimal" GR pushing build uses Land of the Dead (Frozen Lands) as a sort of long-CD auto-win against tough mob packs and RGs. For Torment difficulties and lower GRs, it's not really necessary and you're better off with the extra mobility from Blood Walk.
    Basically this with a few minor differences.
    I mostly am working off of this guide.
    I use the +damage from cursed enemies instead of the cheat death passive.
    I also use the freezing command skeleton to work with krysbins more.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Banned

Devil

So it turns out that Shenlong is left Handed only in my game.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Basically this with a few minor differences.
    I mostly am working off of this guide.
    I use the +damage from cursed enemies instead of the cheat death passive.
    I also use the freezing command skeleton to work with krysbins more.
    Skeleton Archers + Freeze Skeletons lets you gear for cold damage, drop the Reaper's Wraps for Nemesis, seems to be perfectly viable in Torments, and is way less resource intensive than Singularity.

The only thing the Icy-Veins guide doesn't go into is just how vital it is to make sure you've got enough essence on-hand to Decrepify something and order your Skeletons to attack when you run out of things to attack. When running Singularity, Devour usage + globe consumption turn into its own little minigame, where you try to maximize kill speed while taking detours for globes to try and keep your count of max (or near max)-essence mages as high as possible.

The build is squishy enough that I get a ton of mileage out of my Cheat Death, and the thing about the cursed enemies passive is... well, things usually don't stay alive long enough to have curse up on a bunch of targets and get some real mileage out of the bonus. The times you're going to get the biggest bonus out of that passive is when you're fighting things like scarab swarms or maggot broods and your minions will tear through the little guys in a flash and drop the bonus back down.

There are a couple things I've noticed you need to watch out for when using archers.

1: The Act 2 Keywarden. Not only does he have missile dampening, his spin will reverse the direction of your archers' projectiles. Instantly fatal if you're not careful. Not sure if it also does it to other Mage types.

2: Knockback. Seems to mess with the minion AI in a couple different ways- vanilla Skeletons seem to lose their commanded target if they're knocked back, and they'll drop aggro and run back to you if you get knocked back. Both require you to re-command Jesseth. It also seems to mess with archers.

I got this crazy mix of minion packs on T13 and ended up dealing with mortar, frozen, vortex, knockback, and a couple others (illusioinist? frozen pulse?). Really, really nasty, died a couple times before I managed to get them sorted out.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

Successful benchmark: Scraped out GR 70. Failed once (ran out of time while fighting the Guardian) and then got a much nicer set of enemies (no freakin' catperson Huntresses throwing superstrong and nearly impossible to see bombs in between leaping on my face) and cleared it with 3-4 minutes to go.

Next up: Do a Conquest for the Season. Not sure which I want to pursue; Gold is something I could just grind out with Bounties, speed Rift will probably just eventually happen if I do enough public Rift games.. Boss Mode could be solo'd with a bit of luck. Not really interested in the Set Dungeons one, given the requirement to raise at least one more character and farm up multiple sets for them - not a fan, although it probably wouldn't be *that* hard with access to the other character's supply of blood shards and Cube materials for rerolling set parts.

Edit: Ended up doing Avarice; leveled my Boon of the Hoarder, threw on a Goldskin and Goldwrap with Royal Grandeur in the cube to maintain my class set, and Cube-upgraded a few polearms until I got a Bovine Bardiche. Fairly easy to do in the Not Cow Level. Still need to do one more for the Conquerer tier and get my stash tab, but that looks like it'll be the only really difficult part of it. I suppose if I farm enough I might end up pushing into doing the GR 75 one just by sake of natural progression.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2017-08-12 at 01:47 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Successful benchmark: Scraped out GR 70. Failed once (ran out of time while fighting the Guardian) and then got a much nicer set of enemies (no freakin' catperson Huntresses throwing superstrong and nearly impossible to see bombs in between leaping on my face) and cleared it with 3-4 minutes to go.

Next up: Do a Conquest for the Season. Not sure which I want to pursue; Gold is something I could just grind out with Bounties, speed Rift will probably just eventually happen if I do enough public Rift games.. Boss Mode could be solo'd with a bit of luck. Not really interested in the Set Dungeons one, given the requirement to raise at least one more character and farm up multiple sets for them - not a fan, although it probably wouldn't be *that* hard with access to the other character's supply of blood shards and Cube materials for rerolling set parts.

Edit: Ended up doing Avarice; leveled my Boon of the Hoarder, threw on a Goldskin and Goldwrap with Royal Grandeur in the cube to maintain my class set, and Cube-upgraded a few polearms until I got a Bovine Bardiche. Fairly easy to do in the Not Cow Level. Still need to do one more for the Conquerer tier and get my stash tab, but that looks like it'll be the only really difficult part of it. I suppose if I farm enough I might end up pushing into doing the GR 75 one just by sake of natural progression.
    If you just spam group rifts you'll eventually complete the "finish a rift in under 2 minutes" by accident by lucking into a good group.

Or at least that's how I got mine.

...meanwhile I screwed up my gold gathering by saving up 50 caches, then wasted it all by moving half a pixel by accident while trying to refill my inventory after popping the first half.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    ...meanwhile I screwed up my gold gathering by saving up 50 caches, then wasted it all by moving half a pixel by accident while trying to refill my inventory after popping the first half.
    Ouch! That's almost painful...

I've got the Gold one done, and have just cleared GR 65 solo using a Firebird build. Ten more GR levels for my second conquest...

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

Ouch! That's almost painful...

I've got the Gold one done, and have just cleared GR 65 solo using a Firebird build. Ten more GR levels for my second conquest...
    Possibly a bit more effort for getting the gold one, but using a boon of the hoarder and just going through ruins of corvus works pretty easily.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Possibly a bit more effort for getting the gold one, but using a boon of the hoarder and just going through ruins of corvus works pretty easily.
    Not The Cow Level also works really well, and doesn't make you try to navigate Corvus's stupid narrow corridors or run through the entire thing triggering Scarab spawns before you can start killing things. Legendary Polearms is a pretty small pool, so you should be able to Cube up a Bovine Bardiche to access the level without too much trouble, and it has gold-bearing interactable objects all over the place that you can trigger to keep a streak going if you hit a gap between moo packs.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2017-08-15 at 04:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Not The Cow Level also works really well, and doesn't make you try to navigate Corvus's stupid narrow corridors or run through the entire thing triggering Scarab spawns before you can start killing things. Legendary Polearms is a pretty small pool, so you should be able to Cube up a Bovine Bardiche to access the level without too much trouble, and it has gold-bearing interactable objects all over the place that you can trigger to keep a streak going if you hit a gap between moo packs.
    What's wrong with just cubing puzzle rings? I've got over 39 million gold on my seasonal toon without really trying.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

What's wrong with just cubing puzzle rings? I've got over 39 million gold on my seasonal toon without really trying.
    Avarice conquest specifically doesn't work in the Vault.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ettin in the Playground

Because the 50m gold streak can't be gotten by going through the Goblin Realm.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Colossus in the Playground

So its been awhile since I last played and just started a seasonal guy. These new areas on the various maps, are they something necromancer only? Or if I started a new story mode I would be doing them automatically? I havent bought the necro pack btw.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    So its been awhile since I last played and just started a seasonal guy. These new areas on the various maps, are they something necromancer only? Or if I started a new story mode I would be doing them automatically? I havent bought the necro pack btw.
    They're adventure-only areas, basically just new areas to have Bounties in; they don't exist in Story. The newest one (Cursed Moors?) is pretty cool to wander through once or twice, Blizzard did a pretty good job with environmental/event-based storytelling there.