New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1524
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Awww dang. lol I was looking forward to hearing some new quest chains because some of those areas like fractured fate or some such thing? They looked really interesting.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Awww dang. lol I was looking forward to hearing some new quest chains because some of those areas like fractured fate or some such thing? They looked really interesting.
    The new areas aren't related to the main plot (the Prime Evils/Leah/Cain stuff), but many of them do have self-contained storylines that you can uncover by hunting for events there or killing monsters and looting some of the audio logs they drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    The new areas aren't related to the main plot (the Prime Evils/Leah/Cain stuff), but many of them do have self-contained storylines that you can uncover by hunting for events there or killing monsters and looting some of the audio logs they drop.
    Yeah they're definitely worth exploring. They tucked an Act Boss quality fight into the end of the new act 1 area, for instance.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Looks like the DIII devs are getting serious about build/class balancing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aoHJ8diM_Y

Looks quite promising!

5. - Top - End - #1445

Yeah I was pretty excited when I read the patch notes. I missed Shotgun Crusader something fierce, and it looks like even my old-as-dirt LoN Tempest Rush Monk might become viable.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

Haven't played much lately, as I was getting serious lag issues. We just purchased a PS4, and I thought that might have been interfering with our wifi. Then I realized that no one was having trouble with the wifi except me. Updated my network adapter drivers, and now everything's shiny!

Just have two more objectives for the Conqueror Season Journey: Greed on T13 and Conquest #2. Greed should be easy. I've done the Avarice Conquest, and I'm working on the GR75 solo. If only I could get an Ancient Deathwish to drop/reforge.

Regarding patch 2.6.1, I suppose I'll need to get new versions of all my gear to get the bonuses? Will Reforging legacy items result in the new versions?
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-08-20 at 08:36 AM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

7. - Top - End - #1447

Trying out the revamped sets on the PTR. Such fun! And they've added back that vendor in town that just lets you try out the new stuff, like they had for the necro.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Haven't played much lately, as I was getting serious lag issues. We just purchased a PS4, and I thought that might have been interfering with our wifi. Then I realized that no one was having trouble with the wifi except me. Updated my network adapter drivers, and now everything's shiny!

Just have two more objectives for the Conqueror Season Journey: Greed on T13 and Conquest #2. Greed should be easy. I've done the Avarice Conquest, and I'm working on the GR75 solo. If only I could get an Ancient Deathwish to drop/reforge.

Regarding patch 2.6.1, I suppose I'll need to get new versions of all my gear to get the bonuses? Will Reforging legacy items result in the new versions?
    Sets usually update, legendaries usually don't. Legendary powers already in the cube update IIRC.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Sets usually update, legendaries usually don't. Legendary powers already in the cube update IIRC.
    A lot of the items in the notes said they would upgrade.

10. - Top - End - #1450

Regarding patch 2.6.1, I suppose I'll need to get new versions of all my gear to get the bonuses?
    For non-cubed legendaries, yes, you'll need to find them again. The easy way to think of this is that the cube and set bonuses are stored server-side (so Blizzard can change them at-will) while the legendary affixes on items in your inventory are stuck on your local character. It's an oversimplification (technically for D3, everything is server side, which is how they prevent the kind of hacking that plagued D1 and D2) but it might help to think that way.

Will Reforging legacy items result in the new versions?
    No, this will not work - much like reforging a legacy Manald Heal would not result in the Wizard lightning version, you have to go out and find a new one. Same for all the other orange items that got buffed or changed, other than their cube entries.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ettin in the Playground

OK, good news and bad news. I just got an Ancient Traveler's Pledge. Bad news: no socket. So what stat should I replace?

Fire Skills by 19%
    Intelligence +837
    Vitality +927
    Critical Hit Damage by 69%

For my Mage, of course. Fire by19% is nice, but it's really only useful for my Firebird build. Not so helpful for my Delsere's Lightning Ball build...

You know, my non-ancient one looks like this:
    Int +695
    Life +14%
    Critical Hit Damage by 92%.
    Socket

It's got higher damage than the Ancient on, so maybe I could keep it for my non-Firebird builds, and keep this one for the Firebird. (The Intelligence on that Ancient one is pretty terrible on a range of 825 to 1000). Swap out the Vitality for the socket?
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-08-22 at 10:17 PM.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

12. - Top - End - #1452

Swap out the Vitality for the socket?
    Yes.

General rule - if a slot can have offensive stats, prioritize those over defensive ones, because there are other slots (e.g. belt) whose primary stats can only be defensive1,2.

1: There are a couple of belts with offensive primary stats, notably Witching Hour and Vigilante, but the general rule holds true.

2: Belts can roll offensive primary stats, but unless your build actually uses primary skills as the main damage dealers and not just to regain resource, e.g. Shenlong Monk, don't bother.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow. We dropped off the first page.

I'm still trying to clear GR70. I've come within 36 seconds of clearing it with this build (1000 Forgotten Souls later I finally got an Ancient Deathwish). I've got a Efficacious Poison up to Rank 50. Ten more and I'll burn it into....something.

All I have left is hitting GR75 for the extra stash tab...

14. - Top - End - #1454

Wow. We dropped off the first page.

I'm still trying to clear GR70. I've come within 36 seconds of clearing it with this build (1000 Forgotten Souls later I finally got an Ancient Deathwish). I've got a Efficacious Poison up to Rank 50. Ten more and I'll burn it into....something.

All I have left is hitting GR75 for the extra stash tab...
    Don't know if you've already succeeded but personally I think Aquila + Unity is overkill if you're decent at dodging. I would instead run RRoG in the cube; this lets you drop the Firebird orb and hold your Etched Sigil in your offhand instead, which then frees up the weapon slot in your cube for Twisted Sword. The bulk of your damage is actually coming from your tornadoes, and this will only become more true in 2.6.1 with the new Ranslor's Folly, which will triple/quadruple their damage.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Still working on GR75. 71, actually. Have to work my way up. I'll give that a shot. Even have an Ancient Etched to hold. Just need to level up a gem to "despair" into it.

Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #1456

Good luck! I've actually just been playing nonstop PTR. I really wish I could keep some of the gear I've found with the higher drop rate there. But since so many builds got buffed it's pretty fresh.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

Swapped out Meteor for Familiar-Sparkflint, as well as changing the Orb for Etched Sigil and the Cube Ring for RoRG. Finished a GR70 with negative 6 minutes to spare. Kept dying. I've got a lot of ancient gear, but most of it is under 50% optimized. I replaced Sparkflint back to Meteor (no rune), and completed a GR65 in 13 min 53 seconds, which is a good bit slower than I typically did it with my previous build, but it might have just been a rough rift (Current Build).

I've been spending my blood shards on helmets (hoping for an Ancient Firebird helm), but should I be trying them on something else?

18. - Top - End - #1458

If you have no other classes/builds to gamble, that's as good a use for them as any.

Given how much you're dying, you might actually get better clear times dropping the Audacity for Unstable.

EDIT: Also, I'd run black hole over sparkflint personally - it fires less frequently, but does higher burst (especially since you can hardcast it occasionally as needed) and creates lots of density in conjunction with your Folly.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-09-09 at 03:23 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow! I finally got a Primal Ancient this season. It's an Occulus Ring with Intelligence. Gave it to Irena. I really feel like the RNGs have had it out for me this season. I've got a fair number of Ancient gear, but they almost all have sub-par stats. Really frustrating.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Unless your gear is already perfect, I think the 15 souls from sharding it would be more valuable personally (that's 30% of a reroll in one item.) If you don't have another Oculus to give her, by all means leave it on her, but if you do, I'd say a primal on a follower is overkill.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Unless your gear is already perfect, I think the 15 souls from sharding it would be more valuable personally (that's 30% of a reroll in one item.) If you don't have another Oculus to give her, by all means leave it on her, but if you do, I'd say a primal on a follower is overkill.
    Well, you're at least guaranteed the maximum bonus from the ring's damage zone. That's not nothing.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Well, you're at least guaranteed the maximum bonus from the ring's damage zone. That's not nothing.
    Indeed, but you can get that (or very close to it) without needing a primal too.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ettin in the Playground

New season started up. Bringing a Crusader this time.

I was getting "Lost Connection" about every five minutes last night. Gave up after about half an hour. Anyone else have that issue? Or was it just me?

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

New season started up. Bringing a Crusader this time.

I was getting "Lost Connection" about every five minutes last night. Gave up after about half an hour. Anyone else have that issue? Or was it just me?
    Me too. Playing Crusader. Not the connection problem; that's been fine, aside from a blip earlier where it claimed the servers were busy and wanted to queue me up to start a (private, single person instance) game. Got my Haedrig's Gift and trying to wrap my head around a set that has very little inherent damage reduction; I'm not used to needing to shuffle defensive active skills. Probably be smoother with an adjustment toward Cooldown Reduction and/or acquiring a Zodiac ring, but it's weird to me to have a full set without some level of always-on toughness buff.

25. - Top - End - #1465

No connection issues here. Having reached Destiny's gear plateau for this week, we've turned our attention to the Season instead.

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Me too. Playing Crusader. Not the connection problem; that's been fine, aside from a blip earlier where it claimed the servers were busy and wanted to queue me up to start a (private, single person instance) game. Got my Haedrig's Gift and trying to wrap my head around a set that has very little inherent damage reduction; I'm not used to needing to shuffle defensive active skills. Probably be smoother with an adjustment toward Cooldown Reduction and/or acquiring a Zodiac ring, but it's weird to me to have a full set without some level of always-on toughness buff.
    Which one, Light? It's actually pretty survivable because of all the invincibility frames you get from Falling Sword. What's your build?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

Hammer of the Light is the "offense is the best defense" set for Crusader. You Falling Sword on people, initiate Unlimited Hammer Works, watch the T13 mooks dissolve in HOLY LIGHT and Falling Sword over to the next pack.

The only issue is you NEED, at a minimum, Johanna's Argument, Guard of Johanna, and Gabriel's Vambraces to really start doing higher Torment stuff. There's a few other "luxury items" you want like a Convention but those three are the clutch ones since your whole idea is "Kill them before they mulch you".

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm just bounties, but that's probably my last season in Diablo 3. The ones that introduced the "changes" are some mockery. I know that this game is about building your power level and killing more and more powerful monsters, ok it was always like that. But if the only change is to raise the stats of the characters and a few hundred%, then I feel cheated.

28. - Top - End - #1468

I'm the opposite - there's more viable builds this patch than ever before. They even brought back some fan favorites like Shotgun Crusader and Whirlwind Barb to being pushing builds rather than just farming. And they fixed Pestilence at long last! The wings this season are pretty baller too.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Holy Shotgun being a thing again is my favorite part about this patch. Even though I'm running a Barb (I've never actually leveled one to 70 before, launch day Barb left a bad taste in my mouth and I never touched it again), I'll probably level a Crusader too unless I get bored (a distinct possibility).

30. - Top - End - #1470

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Holy Shotgun being a thing again is my favorite part about this patch. Even though I'm running a Barb (I've never actually leveled one to 70 before, launch day Barb left a bad taste in my mouth and I never touched it again), I'll probably level a Crusader too unless I get bored (a distinct possibility).
    Since Years of War is one of the conquests this season (i.e. GR55+ with 6 class sets), you do have reason to level both. You can also share some jewelry between them (e.g. Endless Walk or F+R), so you have less farming to do, which is nice.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy