Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Sunken Tower (IC)

Lorekeepers

Ordo Integritas (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Listeners have retired and left control of the Hall of Whispers to myself. In addition, the Age of Iron and Age of Magic fall within my domain. I'd be a happy to help you repair the Tower. What information would be more beneficial?

Internal (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anything about the Glomp or Ironcloak sabotage on hand?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2016-05-03 at 03:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Ordo to Lorekeepers [3]

Spoiler
    Show
    Whatever you can spare, we'd be gratefu for. We'll likely mount two expedition, one a hunting expedition for the Glomp, the other more of a very careful recon mission to see what is on the upper levels.
    As for the age of iron, well, we know things were damaged and probably traps left behind, but we don't quite know what or where.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #93

Lorekeepers

Ordo Integritas (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll see what we can find. Unfortunately, nothing pertaining to Ironcloak sabotage or the Glomp is easily accessible. We could dig into the deeper archives, but that would require some manner of exchange. [OOC: I have nothing I can get automatically, I have to pay Research to gain info.]

Something you may wish to know. The Hall of Whispers has been sabotaged [OOC: Territory Project Level 0] at some point in the recent past. The Tower is not intercepting the world's messages, so we are deaf to what is happening. My hope is to restart it as soon as possible. Any chance you can assist with this?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Soul Alchemists

Dueling Club [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Ah, certainly, we’ll do that. Of course we’ll count the favor owed to us as discharged, as apology for this unexpected incident.''

Dawnguard [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The label of radicalism has many meanings, clearly yours is of different sort, that one we consider dangerous. I hope you won’t stray from the path. Will you be supporting Lord Oritz? His loyalty is unquestionable.''

Dagger Brotherhood [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We wish you would not speak of such things, even indirectly. Discretion is one virtue, we value above anything else.''

Polygon Lab [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''For now it’s not for sale, the prototype was tested succesfully, but I need to work on it’s quirks. Contact me next month and maybe I’ll have the weapon available.''

''Ah, but there was also matter of favor owed. This Lord-Protector business came up and I have considered, that perhaps we should throw some weight behind Adrian Cross. I’m not that familiar with soulcraft, but I can assume, that Dragonblood Empire’s noble, consuming the staff, may change them? Certainly, such dangerous substance would warp and corrupt the souls of people. If you could direct the Silver Masks to raise the issue of Dragonblood Empire’s taint over the Oversoul and then it would be the Tower’s sworn duty to purge them. If this happens, I’ll consider the favor discharged.''

[OOC: He wants your territory activation, used for the above stuff]

Researchers [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

Uplift: ''I believe we’ve got what we wanted.''
    Dagger Brotherhood: ''We don’t think this research strategy would work.''
    Wakers: ''I’m naturally interested in continued research.''
    Purifiers: ''We’ll continue, but situation in the Department requires our attention as well.''

Ordo Integritas

Tower-Staff Lyhodey [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

‘’I’ll authorize the repairs, however, due to certain events, there’s a concern about possibility of infiltration. You realize, how somebody take advantage of your presence - for example, by disguising themselves as your Mages. As such, all your men would be under supervision of Tower Guard and you will need to apply for access to certain restricted areas. I apologize, that it will make your job more difficult, but at this point, security concerns are paramount. I also advise against presence of other factions, though if you believe they can be of help, it can be allowed. As long as you take responsibility for their actions.’’

Elfbane [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

‘’Now that is an interesting question. We can look through our archives, but you understand, Age of Elves is a rather long period of time. If you could secure pinpoint the location of damage or secure us access to said floors, we may be able to help you.’’

EE [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''A voyage to fight the Glomp. Why sounds interesting. We may take part.''

Tower Archives [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I can look through the archives, but I would like you to compile reports on the state of the Tower and what you find - the Archives must be kept up to date, and many offices are already slacking off.''

[Tower Archives are asking for 2 CRE/RES worth of work, compiling reports.]

Descend XXIV [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''As I recall, it’s the creature of the upper, lower floors. It was a nuisance before, but we are now on the level, where it doesn’t descend.''

Cleaners [3]

Spoiler
    Show

''It’s an old mess, but still cleaning such messes is our job. We’ll assist with [2 DES].''

Order of the Staff [3]

Spoiler
    Show

''We can lend Mages, but what will you give us for it?''

Towermakers [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The more power one has, the more power one needs. If you present a plan and good arguments, we may consider it.''

Shadowwalkers [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The upper floors are warded and the lower floors a maze. Not that we would be lost in it. Though we don’t know of this glomp.''

Seventh Circle [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Shards are separate from the Tower, so now. Unless, you mean if some access points to Shards in the Tower have been damaged and can be restored?''

Vault Guard [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''At the moment, we unfortunately have to decline your request.''

Reclaimers [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Certainly, under our leadership, we should be able to bring the Tower to order. If you could support us in persuading the Logicians of the wisdom of our course or the rest of the Department of Magitech, it would greatly advance this plan.''

Hunters [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Now, that sounds somewhat interesting. What would be our prize?''

Crusaders [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We are up to the task, but will the Tower Council grant access?''

Lorekeepers

Seat of History [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Elder Sages: ''So you are saying we are not running Department efficiently. Harrumph!''
    EE: ''Why not make a competition - the one to retrieve the most interesting historical relic gets to be the Department Head. Off we go to adventure!''
    Index: ''Perhaps Lorekeepers aren’t a bad choice. If they recognize capable project leaders among us.''
    ECT: ''The Extraordinary Explorers have a point - whoever finds the most interesting book, wins! Pst. Lorekeepers, you are likely to win this, so you need right-hand men, we are here.''
    Heralds: ''We do as we are told.''
    Curators: ''Clearly, the Elder Sages should be in charge. They have seniority!''
    Elfbane: ''We are abstaining. Unless somebody proves trustworthy. We’ll be waiting.''

Seat of Shadow [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Shadow Walkers: ''Certainly, all follows the Shadowsource currents.’’
    Seventh Circle: ''The knowledge is the true power.’’
    Shade Lords: ''The right choices will be prosperity of our Department.’’
    Sensori: ''We believe Shadow Observation and Control would be right projects.’’
    Jaunters: ''Haven’t we already decided it? Or was it different world... We need stable points.’’
    Collectors of Woe: ''The questions are foolish, when the answers are obvious.’’
    Shadow Scribes: ''We walk a simple path, but our eyes are watchful.’’

Customs [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m afraid we are strictly in-Tower. As for such enchantments, you should direct your questions to Ordo Integritas.''

Tower-Staff Lyhodey [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''As I suspected. If we are being blinded, then what do they wish, we wouldn’t see? Determine what magic was used to accomplish it - Shadow, Elvish, Ritual or if it was something else. That may help us identify the culprit. If you find something of use, report immediately. Your service to Tower is noted.''

Pentacle [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The Elvish magic is notoriously difficult to counter. Perhaps if you could give us access to the Archives, we can dig something up.''

Crusaders [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We may have something of use. Let us meet to discuss it.''

Chaos Principle [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''It’s fairly easy to understand. Unlike our predecessors, we actually wish to study and understand the Cults. And that is apparently unacceptable. Unfortunately, we are victim of misapplied fears. As you know, study of Twin-Sources has danger of being influenced by them - there’s that dangerous adage - knowledge corrupts, gaze into the source and the source gazes back. So, when we try to actually study the Cults, they assume, that we will be somehow twisted by that knowledge. At least, this is how we understand the situation.''

Hidden Eye [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We favor the High Marshal, out of concern for the Dragonblood Empire. But perhaps our view is somewhat biased. Still, we lack the means to influence election - the nature of our office is secret and Dawn Empire is not our jurisdiction. Aside from the Tower Council, Dawnguard, Worldly Gentlemen, Techburners and to certain degree the War Orders, would have greater influence. Perhaps even your voice, as master of Ancient Ages, may carry some weight - if you manage to make it heard.''

Polygon [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''A prototype, my boy. A prototype Now, we go ahead to craft the real thing.''

Merchants of Wonder [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Ah, a discerning question. The Shadow Infusions are comparable in raw power - it’s their nature, that is somewhat different. But you’ll find that acquiring Shadow Infusions is going to be difficult - Collectors of Woe prefer to keep them locked up. Magitech is weaker and requires mana to operate, though it’s more adaptable to the circumstances. The Infusion is never an exact science - you get your wish, but not always in the form you wished for. Magitech is more reliable in that regard. Infusions are more powerful, but they inflict Sourceburn - even mere possession, as they need to be kept safely.''

Hospitium

Pentacle [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Well, it’s either you or the Twins. It’s hard to pick right now.''

Twins [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Ah, but we’ve thought one of us would make a good Department Head. Well, if support for you is stronger than for us, then we’ll withdraw and back you. I hope you’ll do the same, if department factions favor us. Alternatively, have you considered co-chairmanship? There’s a danger of disagreements, that’ll make us less efficient, but you seemed to be a reasonable man. I’m certain we’ll always find compromise.''

Chaos Principle [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We are not driven by power lust, but position of Department Head would give us some protection against Tower Council, if they decide to shut down our research. You can see why we are considering going for it.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #95

Lorekeepers

Hidden Eye (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The way I see it, Cross will lead to the Dawn Empire spreading their focus too thin. The Iron Lords are already knocking on their borders, enough so that troops are moving away from the western ports. Taking a swing at the Dragonbloods will just invite an invasion.

On the opposite end, Orsitz has too narrow of a goal. He's an isolationist. He would certainly secure the Empire and therefore the Tower, but it would do nothing to further our interests anywhere else in the world.

Ray, however, is the middle path. Diplomacy and trade to ease any tensions with Mulden or Al-Makim, and keep the military in the Iron forts. Through her, we get more room to maneuver in the other corners of the globe, and allies we can use to further the Tower's plans. Imagine the Dawn Knights armed with Mulden-tech enhanced with the Tower's magic on one flank, with a grand fleet on the other. The things we could do in that world... But I am but a historian. That's not my call to make.

Speaking of the other corners of the world, do you have any idea what's going to happen with the Dragonblood succession? We can't let Reeve or Yvette take command. The Dawn Empire's too important.

[OOC: Part of my game-long goal is to either reconnect with or conquer the other Towers. So Ray seems the best choice to go that way.]

Techburners (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was wondering who you would prefer for Lord Protector in the Dawn Lords. You obviously have a lot of personal investment in the result, as well as certainly more information than myself.

Tower-Staff Lyhodey (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Not super happy about making this request, but going for the less legit methods first seems worse. This is a Hail Mary to try and get proper approval.

Upon reflection, I'm actually happy with this. If I request permission with good grounds and get denied, it provides me more cover if I have to use illicit methods to then obtain it. I can't do the reverse.

I also can't help but picture Barus as Gaius Baltar in Battlestar Galactica now. A similar scene to this occurs.]

I'm worried that there is a potentially a sleeper within the Hall of Whispers. A stay behind operation to ensure our surveillance net stays down. Now, I can deal with our magicks, the Twin Sources and Ritual. The Goddess', however, are beyond my capacity. If there's an elf hiding in the Hall, they can falsify my results. Point me to a Mage within the Seat of Shadow trying to expand instead of the truth.

I need a way to pierce the lies of the elves. To sweep and verify the Hall, so that I don't rebuild it just to watch them burn it to the ground again.

I'd like to petition to gain a supply of demon essence to use as an anti-glamour.

[OOC: Or whatever the requested substance is. Pretty sure it's demon essence.]

6. - Top - End - #96

Hospitium

To Chaos Principle (2)
    Spoiler
    Show

What research are they threatening to shut down? We noticed their denouement of your group along with ours. We understand the tower council doesn't trust our spirit born leader, but what have you been looking into to cause their ire?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Colossus in the Playground

Ordo Integritas

Tower Staff Lyhodey

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. We will, of course, select all personel very carefully.

Elfbane

Spoiler
    Show
    We have permission from Lyhodey to send a small team to the floors in question. We would be honoured if you sent an observer.

Tower Archives

Spoiler
    Show
    Then allow us to send a team of assistants to help you. [1 research, one creation]

Order of the Staff

Spoiler
    Show
    What would you need? Enchantment from the engines? Political support? Manpower?

Reclaimers

Spoiler
    Show
    We'll see what we can do. You would certainly be valuable allies.

Hunters

Spoiler
    Show
    The glory of finally slaying a thing from the age of magic that has evaded all hunters for ages? You could have it's corpse too, as a trophy or for study.

Crusaders

Spoiler
    Show
    They have.

Lorekeepers

Spoiler
    Show
    We would be grateful for anything you can offer. And of course, we would compensate you for the time you would spend researching.

As for the hall of whispers, that sounds like the kind of thing you should bring up publicly. It is vital enough to the whole tower that we may be a ble to mobilize a concerted effort to repair it. Our resources are stretched thin, but we'll see about sending Mistress Clérisseau over personally, she's an expert in repair magic.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2016-04-08 at 02:26 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #98

Lorekeepers

Ordo Integritas (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My concern is that it may have been sabotaged by someone internal to the Tower. The people who help repair it need to be trusted not to alter the function. I trust you and I trust the Tower-Staff. But I don't want to make this a public endeavor.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2016-05-03 at 03:41 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Hospitium

Chaos Principle [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We are interested in the underlying reason of Cult’s existence. Do they come forth because of some magical phenomenon, that pushes people to abandon reason of the regular society? Is this a quirk of human nature, that drives us to seek higher causes and embrace mysticism? A hidden Source? Existence of God or Goddess? Or some primal forces or have the ancients bred something into our own lifecode? Or is it something in our culture - perhaps it’s even the presence of the Tower, with our tidy explanations, that pushes people into rebellious search of unexplainable. This sort of thing.''

Ordo Integritas

Crusaders [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Then you have the assistance of our [2 RES] to discern the nature of the problem.''

Hunters [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Glomp is not exactly a fearsome beast - it’s this greenish goo, that would be a pain in the neck to hunt down. And as a trophy, well, an aquarium filled with green slime is not something impressive. Still, how about a trade - you send us [2 CRE] to replenish our supplies and help with certain specimens we are keeping and we lend you [2 DES] worth of Hunters. Well, and we keep the body - could be useful for research.''

Crimson Staves [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Ah, we don’t have that much need for political support in the Warmagic Department, as for the rest, our primary interest is to strengthen our Warmages. I doubt you would have anything to help with that.''

Elfbane [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Tower-Staff is being uncharacteristically permissive. Or is this some ploy? We’ll be careful and advise you caution. Yes, caution would be advisable. We do not yet know the true face of the Tower Council.''

Tower Archives [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Excellent. You have access to my archives.''

[OOC: You have access to Tower Archives II (Territory Trait).]

Lorekeepers

Hidden Eyes [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Admiral Ray would be our second choice. Our concern is Dragonblood’s intelligence network. If we do not confront them directly, then we must have countermeasures against it. You have some influence in the Department of Shadow now and they have traditionally being strong in this sort of work. If you could promote projects of Shadow Whispers and Shadow Agents, it would help us.''

Techburners [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Ah, it’s a truly difficult choice. Admiral Ray would be a natural pick, but we would be fools not to fear Mulden. If Oritz was more flexible or Cross less obsessed with Dragonblood Empire…''

Tower-Staff Lyhoday [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I see. Let us make a deal. You will permit a single search of your halls at unspecified time. I give my word as Mage, that I won’t use it as an excuse to collect blackmail or poke into your plots, my only concerns would be threats against the Tower. I may never use this and if I leave Tower Council, the permit will not transfer to new Tower-Staff. If you can agree to this, we have a deal. I’ll authorize the Hall of Demon Warding to issue you the substance.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

10. - Top - End - #100

Lorekeepers

Seat of Shadow (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    {Intent Decoder detects change in user.}
    {New User: Kyris Shaan}
    {Intent Decoder shutdown sequence.}

Tower Staff Lyhoday (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed.

Hidden Eye (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll see what we can do.

Department of History (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: I'm getting kinda unhappy with my syntax of handling these public things. So I'm going to try something different.]

"While I don't think we should waive our right to vote and allow a contest for lore to dictate our future, I do think the idea has merit when it comes to demonstrating our Department's prestige. If all of us pool together some of our [RES] and libraries, we can present a packet of useful information to the Council to help secure the Bursar's extra resources.

I would also put forward that we, as a Department, should make a public statement in support of the Seat of Fringe's right to free elections. While they may be the black sheep of the Circle, and while Hospitium are, at best, incompetent or, at worst, treasonous, the Council being permitted to ignore the oaths they made to settle the troubles sets a dangerous precedent. Regardless of their reasons, they are barred from interfering with Department elections. That was the deal all of us made. That is the foundation of our order."

Elfbane (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The minds of the Listeners were fried through the relay of the Hall of Whispers. I'm worried that it may have been elven sabotage. We'd like to meet with you to discuss our plans.

Elfbane (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Book meets with them again.]

"All we know from the Hall is that someone used the relay to attack the Mages running it. They were either targeted to deafen the Tower or to be a future pawn. The Lorekeepers need to rebuild it and ensure there are no sleepers who'll destroy it again. The Tower-Staff has granted us some demon essence to sweep for elves. We'd like you to accompany us and handle the essence."

Index (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is your view on the goals of our Department?

Techburners (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wouldn't an alliance and trade with Mulden allow the Dawn Empire to gain access to their technology? We could reverse engineer it and augment them with our own magicks, giving us an edge. And the Circle can ensure that the Empire is not corrupted from without by the West.

I also recall you mentioning the possibility of talking to Alternation for additional computation capabilities. Would you like me to bring this matter up with them?

Internal (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current plan is to invite Elfbane on the Hall of Whispers sweep, give them the essence to handle it (because "they're the experts"), and then look the other way.

That buys me a second vote. I then have them and the ECT push for replacing the Lost Age with Library Organization, which I acquiesce to (because the Lost Age supporters are not on my side with Department Head), promising the ECT to be Project Leader. And then hand Index the Project Leaderfor Record Keeping. That gets me a total of 4 votes. Archive Keepers and Elder Sages are 2 against me. Heralds and EE are unstated. Maybe I can convince the EE vote to go with the contest.

I'll deal with Shadow later. I'm still figuring out how to handle it. At the least, politician Barus is handing off to spy Kyris.

If Madwand returns, I'll send this message:

Soul Alchemists (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris to Vault Guard
    That was cutting it a little close, mister Warner. But a job well done, all in all! And much thanks as well for the assistance rendered for the Duel; even if it didn't go quite to plan, at least we are still in a position to neutralize mister Orsini for good.
    You might find this illuminating.

11. - Top - End - #101

Hospitium

To Chaos Theory (MAN 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

That sounds like an honorable goal, and idea why the tower council would be against it?

To the Warders (MAN 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Would you be willing to support one of the mages from the Hospitium as the Head of the Fringe Department? We would institute X-Magic as one of our projects, and instill Dr. Passitum as the head.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

The Wakers [MAN 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

As regards your question earlier, the key is the former part. If we can clean up our house and get everything in order while other people waste time with stunts like that duel in the SoRM, we can get our people talking with our former people and convince everyone to make the changes we want made. The old leadership is gone, now's the time the future policies of the Tower are built. In a civil manner, with discussion and debate, if we want anything to stick.

Inquest [MAN 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, while I wish you had informed us of what was going on before it happened, your evidence on the Crook's misdeeds seems solid. Good job on that, we'll need to settle the Shepherds under better management from now on.

What do you plan for the future? There's the election and assessing the various projects, the Tower will have to organize and prioritize.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Solaris
    MAN: 4

Response to Michael Orsini

What everybody has seen, Orsini, is you making an attempt on my life because you thought you could get away with it. The infused dress you wantonly destroyed in your bloodlust is proof enough of that. And you only stopped when it became clear you couldn't get away with it, or rather not quickly enough to sate your thirst for blood before others would step in to stop you. And all this, over a perceived prick to your fragile ego?

Spare me your pitiful excuses, Orsini. I will face you before the Lawspeaker, and I will see you face your rightful punishment under the tenets of Tower Law. Past that, I have naught left to say to you.

Spoiler: Hospitium
    Show
    Oh, I'm so sorry about that! I didn't mean it, I swear. Please give Dr Passitum my thanks and regards for his assistance.

Yes, I do believe Cecilia and I could use some more of your services. What can I do to make that happen?

Spoiler: Ordo Integritas
    Show
    OOC: Are we continuing with the scene from last Turn?

Spoiler: Vault Guard
    Show
    That was cutting it a little close, mister Warner. But a job well done, all in all! And much thanks as well for the assistance rendered for the Duel; even if it didn't go quite to plan, at least we are still in a position to neutralize mister Orsini for good.

So, do you happen to have any ideas for any next moves we should collaborate on, by any chance? Oh, and this [Turn] marks the beginning of our agreement to [trade Territory Traits], right?

Spoiler: Dagger Brotherhood
    Show
    Okay, sorry for the delay, that Duel sure threw a crimp in my schedule! Would you be wanting that private meeting now? I can ask Nicholas to set it up for us!

Spoiler: Grand Astrologist (PM)
    Show
    Isaac presents himself at the Hall of Astrology at the appointed time, waiting for the Grand Astrologist Fuller to teach his craft at his own pleasure.

Spoiler: Lawspeaker
    Show
    Good day, miss Lydia! Solaris Summerscent, of the Hall of Alchemy & Acquisitions in the Seat of Ritual Magic here!

So, a while ago I was having a little chat with some friends, and they told me a bit about the history of Lifecraft, and an unnamed war that concerned something called Life Towers. They told me that some parts of Tower Law were enacted to prevent such an occurrence from arising to threaten the Tower ever again, and advised that I should come to you for more details. So, if I may have the grace of benefiting from your learning, may I enquire as to the specific statutes of the Law which pertain to this matter?

While we're at it, might I also ask if Tower Law specifies anything about the acquisition of the Reagents, Equations and Essences that Ritualists need for their craft, and any responsibilities the Seat of Ritual Magic may have in that regard?

And last but not least, may I ask what recourse I might have against mister Michael Orsini of the Soul Alchemists, for his blatant and craven attempt to take my life in front of numerous witnesses and likely against all regulations at the Duelling Club?

With love,
    Solaris Summerscent

Spoiler: Merchants of Power
    Show
    So sorry about the dress! I will send you the [2 Mana] promised, of course. On another note, may I suggest that we pressure mister Orsini and his Soul Alchemists to give compensation for the loss of the dress?

Spoiler: Dragon Masters
    Show
    It seems that our collective project into Dragonblood is well under way to bearing fruit, doesn't it? I expect that another contribution of [2 RES] on my part should do the trick.

Well, to facilitate that, can I have a written and signed contract stating that I will receive [1 Dragon Essence] to carry out the experimental portion of the project, once the theoretical work has been completed? Just to keep things clear with a written record, and to avoid any possible misunderstandings in the future, you understand!

Spoiler: Crusaders
    Show
    Oh, so sorry for the delay in responding! I was a little preoccupied, you understand. So, to start off our research in Elfblood Essence, how would [2 RES] each from both of us sound?

Spoiler: Internal (PM)
    Show
    Use 1 CRE to produce Hard Liquid.

Activate Territory Trait (Ritual Vault) with 1 CRE - let's see what options the Ritual Vault's Trait gives me.

Isaac (Level 1 Diviner) arranges a PM between himself and the Grand Astrologist, to learn what the latter may deign to teach him.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Sigma

Wakers [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''You are referring to Mage Orsini defending his honor as a time wasting stunt? Debate and discussion are fine, but I’ve got where I am, because I was willing to fight for my convictions and my pride. Hopefully, your silken words have steel beneath them, otherwise I don’t have much time for chatter.''

Inquest [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The incident caught us by surprise as well. We didn’t expect them to escalate so violently at our inspection. As for the plans for the future, we should probably find somebody to help us run the department smoothly. Somebody, with academic experience, to handle the education part, so we could focus on the security concerns. Would you know anybody, with such qualifications?''

Hospitium

Chaos Principle [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Everybody seems to be asking that. Our guess is that Tower Council is concerned, that we have been… contaminated by our study of cults. Much like Mages, who study Twinsources can get somewhat unstable or just burn-out, the seem to think the subject of our study can affect us. That is certainly far from truth, but Tower itself is a interesting example of culture, that has it’s share of misconceptions.''

Warders [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Okay. You promise us, you work to get Spirits on our side in the war against Demons, then maybe you could be good Department Head. Let’s make a deal - you supply us with [5 CRE] before the vote, to advance our work on anti-demonic wards and weapons, and you have our support.''

Lorekeepers

Department of History [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Elder Sages: ''I guess we can do that. In my estimate, we’ll need at least [16 RES] effort to impress them. All are free to contribute [RES] - with amounts of effort put in announced in the Department.''

Elfbane [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''There are no records of Elves using Twinsources - though Crusaders may be more proficient in the issue. Not that it could serve as a cover story - they may have been brainwashed by some other force and shadow relays used as a distraction. Still, I don’t like the odds of finding elvish influence in this story. We’ll do regular sweep and implant memories of demonic essence use, if Council opts to check. The essence would remain with us for a case, where we are more confident. Is that okay with you?''

Index [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Acquisition of knowledge, naturally. Which is why we are supportive of you, though your priorities aren’t perfectly aligned with us.''

Techburners [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Ah, if it were so simple. What we believe, is that Mulden is far more capable of taking our secrets and power, then we are theirs. The Tower sees mundane technology as useless and Dawn Lords leadership is too inflexible. Now, Admiral will likely to attempt reform, but if Tower opposes her - and with Dawnguard likely to run World Affairs and Tower Council seemingly favoring conservatism, though we aren’t certain of that yet, well… We will likely back Lady Ray. She is the best hope for reforming the Dawn Empire - but it won’t work if Tower opposes her. We need Enlightenment or Higher Education Department Projects to spurn sciences or a Project Leader for Dawn Empire, who would handle it correctly. Or a Department Head for Worldly Affairs, with flexible views. And we should be wary of Mulden, taking advantage of us - we are among few in the Tower, who seem to realize, that magic doesn’t equate wisdom, only power.''

15. - Top - End - #105

Lorekeepers

Department of History (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: I dislike the programming protocol style of negotiation, so I'm going to change it up a bit.]

"The Lorekeepers will put our [4 RES] into this endeavor. Receiving the resources necessary to maintain a third project is too important to not do everything we can."

Techburners (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I see. I completely agree that the Tower is ignoring a great deal of potential when it comes to technology. I also advocate for Admiral Ray over the other choices. And I think the Society of Worldly Gentlemen are likely to compete for Department Head. They may be more open to such ideas.

I'll inquire in the Seat of Magitech whether they'd be willing to advocate for Higher Education, or the Department of Worldly Affairs for Enlightenment.

I also recall you mentioning the possibility of talking to Alternation for additional computation capabilities. Would you like me to bring this matter up with them?

Index (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you mean the projects I support? Because I am open to discussion. Library Organization could prove a better choice than Lost Age.

Though I would say I see you as someone who'd prefer Record Keeping over that.

Eldritch Collection Team (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your preference for project would be Library Organization, correct?

And what do you see as the goals for our Department?

Elfbane (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Lorekeepers are completely fine with that. How difficult do you think it would be to sweep the territory? It would be useful to rebuild the Hall as well as secure it, which pulls our people a bit thin.

Now, we have your support, correct? Barus is aiming high, and we need allies. At the moment, you'll vote for him for Department Head, and give us the files on Iron Lords that the Hidden Eye request?"

Extraordinary Explorers (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do you see as the goals of our Department?

16. - Top - End - #106

Hospitium

To Solarius (MAN 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

If you could spare 3 CRE that would be helpful, although you could also just owe us a favor. If we get to be the head of Fringe the tower council is going to be arbitrarily against us, so any friends are welcome.

To Warders (MAN 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

We can get you the 5 CRE, and we are also putting a lot of effort into getting the spirits back on our side again.

To Chaos Theory (MAN 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Council does seem to hate change. I can tell you I will allow you to continue your research if you support our candidate for the Head of Fringe. Also, one of our doctors, Dr. Zenpheri, has been asking about your line of research. He's been calling it a "faith" source, and has the line of thinking that there is a weak source of magic that comes from peoples faith, even people without magical ability. I'm not sure the details, but if you'd like his aid I could allow him to help with your research for a few months. The fact that he is non-gifted could help with the project. (a turn is a month, right?)

To the Twins (MAN 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have the Warders and Believers behind us, and almost have Chaos theory as well. With your support we would be able to become the head very smoothly. If I were to become the head I'd make one of you the Project Head of the X-Magic project.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Solaris Atelier

Vault Guard [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''My suggestion is to strengthen our positions and hold out until election. We play it safe.''

''Before we proceed with the trade, I must request assistance. The Vault’s deposits are secured by the enchantments, that only senior Mages had knowledge of - the same that perished during the Troubles. Unfortunately, my efforts to unlock them have met with problems. If you could provide [CRE] to break the wards, I’ll repay it, whether by provision of Reagents or other favors.''

Dagger Brotherhood [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''It is most awkward, but we must inform you, that our political allegiance is currently with your opponents. We do not have any personal enmity against you, but until the situation with elections is resolved, our dealings risk conflict of interest.''

Grand Astrologist [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Grand Astrologists greets Isaac with a smile of indecipherable meaning. ''Well, let’s start the lessons…''

[OOC: And results would be at EoT.]

Lawspeaker Watcher [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I approve of your interest in Law. The said parts of it have been written, when Lifecraft, a lost art of magic was used, so when Ritual magic discovered capability for mageborn creation, the old rules were ruled to apply to it. The transition isn’t always smooth. I would divide it into parts that make certain, Mageborn aren’t created to be a danger to the world and the ethical issues. The latter mostly don’t apply to the ‘’Ritualborn’’. The issue with Lifecraft was that Mageborn it created could procreate. And that is one of the proofs of soul possession, which makes the issue incredibly controversial. Ritualborn, like homunculi, can’t procreate, and that firmly classifies them as a possession. The exception that would allow them more rights, would be classification as possessions of the Tower itself - the sentient automata of Age of Magic has this status. Well, I’ll have my assistants collect the legal books for your perusal.''

''As for Reagent Acquisition, there are some restrictions for dangerous substances - like demon essence. Generally, there are no rules against it, though you may wish to clarify specific cases, for me to be certain.''

''I’m not particularly fond of Dueling Club approach. It would have been a better solution to leave adjudication to me, though I suppose you were concerned, I would simply dismiss it as frivolous. So, as for the duel, I fear many in the Tower would see this as Departemental matter, to be resolved internally. If you could prove the duel was agreed to be non-lethal and Mage Orsini deliberately attempted murder, then you may have recourse.''

Merchants of Wonder [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I fear there’s not much legal ground for demanding compensation - one can expect destruction during a duel. Well, as long as you remember our little agreements, no harm, no foul.''

Dragon Masters [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''No problem. We agree to have it Witnessed.''

Crusaders [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Agreed. Though it hides many mysteries - you shouldn’t expect to find answers easily.''

Lorekeepers

Techburners [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We would appreciate you discussing it with them.''

Index [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We would prefer Library Organization - the Lost Age has been studied for millennia, the odds of finding something new there aren’t favorable. Age of Magic would be a better choice.''

ETC [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Pursuit of Knowledge and worship of Those in the Far Bookshelves. I mean pursuit of knowledge, forget the second part.''

Elfbane [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We’ll do the sweep, but as for rebuilding, you may be better suited for it… Unless, you would grant us access?* Sure, we’ll vote for you… but we’d like to have access to Executive Council proceedings. That won’t be a problem?''

[*Elfbane will have the first activation of Hall of Whispers].

EE [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Tomb Raiding! We need to retrieve all that nifty stuff, that ancient forgot and Tower misplaced. It’s time for daring and adventure!''

Hospitium

Warders [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Excellent. I’ll be observing your progress.''

Chaos Principle [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Well, minds can be changed. We don’t abandon hope, that Tower Council can be persuaded. Odds are they are taking a more hardline approach to appeal to the conservative factions. We welcome any assistance, but as for our political support, we must weigh our options first.''

Twins [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

''If you can confirm the support of all three, then we’ll back you up. I trust you will listen to the concerns of the department factions, so we would have a sympathetic representative in the Executive Council.''

18. - Top - End - #108

Lorekeepers

Elfbane (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We'll handle the rebuilding if you handle the sweep. And what do you mean access?"

Index (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is a valid point. I admit, I am quite open to the idea of getting our house in order with Record Keeping and Library Organization before we throw ever more files into our shelves.

ECT (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    And you advocate for Library Organization as one of our department's projects, correct?

Jaunters (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'd like to inquire if there are any available realities that could be devoted to assisting the Techburners' research. The Circle has been ignoring the capabilities of technology for too long, and we think that's dangerous for our future.

Clockwork Cult (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We haven't noticed any discussion of what projects your Department is pursuing, so the Lorekeepers would like to make a suggestion. We believe that the Tower is ignoring the capabilities of technology to the detriment of our interests. Therefore, we advocate for Higher Education. The other nations of the world lean on science to gain an edge against our magicks. If we begin development into it, that cuts away their edge and will grant us an entire new field to delve into.

As well, if your other choice ends up being Calculation Engines, I would make a request that you send some modern ones to the Techburners, for the same reasons as above.

Techburners (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll most likely be able to secure the Jaunter's assistance. If nothing else, their realities were built in the Age of Magic. I'm sure we can find something useful on it in our archives.

Internal Security (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    While your Department sounds like there isn't much voting going on with regards to projects, we'd like to make a suggestion. Knowledge is power and the Tower can't make decisions in a vacuum. Therefore, we advocate for Military Intelligence. The Circle needs to stay aware of what's happening in the world. Related to this, the Lorekeepers also support Admiral Ray for Dawn Lord. Orsitz is an isolationist who will gain us nothing in the other corners of the globe and Cross is obsessed to the point of ignoring the more immediate threats. Ray's connections and desire for trade can give us a source of technology to reverse engineer, as well as inroads to other areas.

Society of Worldly Gentlemen (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We believe that the Tower is ignoring the capabilities of technology to the detriment of our interests. Therefore, we advocate that your department pursue Enlightenment. The other nations of the world lean on science to gain an edge against our magicks. If we make an effort to understand what they're doing, that cuts away their edge and will grant us an entire new field to delve into. Related to this, the Lorekeepers also support Admiral Ray for Dawn Lord. Orsitz is an isolationist who will gain us nothing in the other corners of the world and Cross is obsessed to the point of ignoring the more immediate threats. Ray's connections and desire for trade can give us a source of samples to reverse engineer, as well as inroads to other areas.

19. - Top - End - #109

Hospitium

To Chaos Principle (MAN 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Is there something we can do to win over your support?

20. - Top - End - #110

Lorekeepers

Hospitium and Chaos Principle (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    While we have no comment on the specifics of your Seat's election, the Lorekeepers will support your right to a fair vote. The Council made a pact with all of us that they would remain in charge in exchange for our autonomy. That is what ended the chaos. Regardless of their personal opinions on either of you, we will not stand for them meddling in department affairs.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2016-05-03 at 03:40 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Internal Security

Caldwin sweeps into the central Hall of the Department of Warmagic, flanked by gruff looking Shield Mages. His voice is calm and rings with magically enhanced clarity. "I, Caldwin Buras of the Internal Security Group hereby answer the challenge made by the mage known as..Blood Binder. " The mage raises his hands, golden sleeves falling freely as he does so. "But my answer is no. I refuse her contest. I shall not face her in a duel. We are mages, not barbarian chiefs. The measure of our strength is in our minds, not brute strength."

"But after all, this is the department of Warmagic. And so, I offer Blood Binder battle. My picked men, and hers. Let our battle be one of strategy, not of tactics. To see who is most suited to lead us, not who is most able to bludgeon their opponent. "
    "

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Solaris

Show
    Well, [3 CRE] is a little on the steep side for me at the moment. A favour, however, that I can do. I'll be happy to put in a good word wherever you'd need it; why, being a direct beneficiary of your services, I'm sure most would understand very well why I'd be so firmly in your camp!

On another note, would it be possible for Dr. Passitum to act as expert witness, and confirm mister Orsini causing injury beyond all reasonable measure to myself to the Lawspeaker? That would be most helpful, if we are to help ensure that he can never go to such extremes again.

Show
    Well, okay. But mister Angelo will surely be looking to gain the advantage over me, and I've just learned that our mutual ally in our previous joint venture has thrown their lot in with him. I do think we have to take some steps to ensure he doesn't get any further than that. Any ideas?

As for the Vault, well... Reagents are good and all, but what would really help is if there's some sort of tome in there that tells which sort of Reagents, Equations and Essences would be good in which types of Rituals. If I put in [2 CRE] to help you out there, can I have dibs on anything of the sort?

Show
    Oh, dear. I guess that's what mister Angelo was aiming for, sending mister Orsini to distract me so he can talk with you before I can. Would there be anything I can do to change your mind about that?

Show
    Oh, much thanks! So as long as we stick to Ritualborn, there shouldn't be any issues with Tower Law, right? I look forward to receiving the relevant legal texts from you soon!

(OOC: I would prefer to get the specific tenets and details about Mageborn restrictions and Ritualborn exceptions, if only so I can use them to quibble with the Fleshcrafters)

Regarding Reagent Acquisition, perhaps a comprehensive overview of said restrictions would be useful. But given that Ritual Magic is dependent on them, as well as Essences, would there happen to be any parts of Tower Law that obligates the Seat of Ritual Magic to prioritize their acquisition above all other concerns the Department may have? Such as maintaining the Tower Markets Project at all times, for example?

As for the Duel, all right. May I ask what would specifically be considered sufficient proof of mister Orsini's ill intent towards myself? And if there's anything in Tower Law that defines the default rules that the Duelling Club is expected to observe, barring any special agreements made beforehand?

Spoiler: Duelling Club
    Show
    Hey, Solaris Summerscent here.

This is about the recent Duel between myself and mister Michael Orsini. May I confirm what the customary rules for Duels are, particularly regarding mister Orsini's continued assault on my person after my yield?

If this act of his violates the usual protocol, can I request that you rule him as defaulting the Duel because of that? In addition, may I ask that you Witness to the Lawspeaker that his act constitutes a clear attempt on my life? And as for the audience who came to witness our Duel, could you get them to Witness the same as well?

Spoiler: Merchants of Wonder
    Show
    Oh, well that's too bad, I guess. I'll be sending the [2 Mana] over to you shortly!

On another note, I've taken a bit of an interest in the Lord-Protector elections. It occurs to me that a closer relationship between the Tower and the Republic of Mulden - with its mercantile prowess - would be beneficial to your business operations, as well as the Tower Market Project I'm advocating.

To that effect, the election of Admiral Jenna Ray should be most ideal for our interests. I'd like to help in any way I can to make that happen, but I have no idea where to begin! Would you happen to have any ideas?

Spoiler: Dragon Masters
    Show
    Wonderful! Alright, I'll make the arrangements now!

Spoiler: Crusaders
    Show
    Well, nothing worth doing has ever been easy. Alright, let's get things started, shall we?

Spoiler: Western Winds
    Show
    Hey there, Solaris Summerscent here!

If you would be so kind as to satisfy my curiosity... may I know what are your opinions on the upcoming elections for the Lord-Protector of the Dawn Lords presently? And more specifically, what are your opinions on one of the candidates, Admiral Jenna Ray?

Show
    Contribute 2 RES to assist Dragon Masters in finishing up their theoretical research into Dragonkind, pursuant to them fulfilling their Witness and giving Solaris a Dragonblood Essence for the experimental phase of the joint research project.

Contribute 2 RES to assist Crusaders in fleshing out the theories that should be a good first step towards uncovering the secrets of Elfblood Essence.

Contribute 2 CRE to assist Vault Guard in unlocking the forgotten enchantments of the Ritual Vault, pursuant to Vault Master Warner agreeing to Solaris' requests for any information within the Vault that would help fill out her Ritual Logbook

Send 2 Mana to Merchants of Wonder for rental of the Red Dress of Attraction

Questions

IP asked me last night if Solaris could produce any potions for his mages to take to the battle against Blood Binder. I figured this is similar to the 'alchemical bomb' thing, so I may as well ask; can she do that by spending CRE or something?

I did tell him I can cast Rituals on his guys instead. So, to avoid any unpleasant surprises; what sort of effects can I expect to see were I to cast a Warding Ritual, either on my own faction and/or VIPs, or another faction and/or its VIPs?
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2016-04-13 at 01:03 AM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

Lorekeepers

Atelier Solaris (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can't help but notice you support the same candidate for Dawn Lord as we do. While our interest is more due to the technological benefits trade with Mulden would provide, and therefore a way to nullify the mundane nations advanced weapons research, as well as the benefit to diplomacy her planned alliances would grant, that is besides the point.

As it stands, the Tower Council, Dawnguard, Society of Worldly Gentlemen, Techburners, and to a lesser extent the rest of the War Department are the ones who get a say. Others may be able to influence this matter, of course, but working on them is probably the best first step.

The Techburners are already on the Admiral's side, though they fear a more conservative Project Leader of the Dawn Empire, Worldly Affairs Head, or the Council itself will stifle any changes. I imagine the Society is more amenable to her as well, but we haven't gotten a reply yet.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Solaris

Spoiler: Lorekeepers
    Show
    You know, it's usually considered ungentlemanly to peek into a lady's correspondence. Boo!

That said, it's for the cause of establishing mutual interests, so I suppose I can give you a pass in this instance. So, if they're the ones who have any say at all in this matter, what can we do to influence more of them into supporting the option best suited to us?
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

Lorekeepers

Atelier Solaris (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are historians. Knowing everything is our business. Nothing personal.

As of this moment, we believe the best course of action would be to ensure the Heads of Worldly Affairs and Warmagic also support the Admiral. They should be able to rally their department's support. The Dawnmages seem likely to be the former if the Society does not step up, and as you may have noticed, the Blood Binder and Mr. Buras are jockeying for the latter.

Alternatively, convincing the Tower Council, especially the Tower-Staff and Tower Chancellor, could also work and probably have a greater impact, but that seems a more difficult course of action.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Solaris

Spoiler: Lorekeepers
    Show
    Well, I happen to know that the Dawnguard prefers mister Oritz, and that's a bummer. But that's ultimately up to the Society, I reckon.

On the other hand, there may be things I can do to help out mister Caldwin. I'll talk to him.

(OOC: Technically it hasn't happened IC, but I've already discussed the Blood Binder business with IP OOC. So I'm already working on that.)

Spoiler: Internal Security
    Show
    Hey ho, Solaris Summerscent here!

So, I noticed you've publicly challenged the Blood Binder for Head of Warmagic Department, huh? Well, I do believe I can find some way to help you out there. For the right price of course, you understand.

(OOC: This is basically playing out IC what we've already discussed OOC.)
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2016-04-12 at 11:39 PM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Sigma

*sigh* Why are people so blind to subtext...

Wakers [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

As is obvious to see, the confrontation was a result of a deeper conflict, not related to a few stinging words. Probably regarding the coming elections. Solving it this way has done neither faction any favours in terms of resources spent or political goodwill. The Alchemist looks weak, and Orsini looks unstable. All in all, it was a poor way to handle matters.

Fighting is appropriate when it is the only way to get through - the orthogonality of goals to means is clear on that. But fighting with weapons is the worst kind of fighting.

Inquest [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, I do have rather extensive connections to the educators of the Tower. Your plans sound quite reasonable, they should suffice to convince most of the rest of the Department.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Department of Shadow

Lorekeepers [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Shade Lord Garret: ''I would like to propose a little wager, regarding the upcoming fight in the Warmagic Department. Whoever can predict how the fight goes and who would win... gets a word of praise. All guesses would be submitted to the magically warded box, that will set to open at the expected end of duel.''

Lorekeepers

Elfbane [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Oh, just perhaps have one of our members present, as your private secretary. And tell us of what is discussed in the closed sessions.''

Index [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We seem to be in agreement.''

ECT [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Yes, under our eldritch command, we shall create an organization system, that will unlock the arcane secrets of the cosmos, a spellwork, a waving of magic to penetrate the darkest secrets of the libromancy.''

Jaunters [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Yes! We can’t permit the Deep Empire to collapse another city with their Coredigger Machines. If only the Tower didn’t conclude the Descension Pact! Wait… How many years has it been since the fall of the Elvish Kingdom? Are you a Shadowman or agent of Reflection Council? Is Alternation still running… let me check the red ball, we may still be in deep… Okay, if you are from Prime Reality, say something only non-Doppelganger would say!''

Ordo Integritas

Duelist Club [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We are interested in your wards to secure the battlefield for the upcoming battle in Warmagic Deparment. Our own capabilities may not be sufficient.''

Department of Warmagic

Blood Binder
    ''Ah, so there’s somebody in the Department with guts and grit to accept my challenge. As well as sense, not to face me one on one. Well, bring it on and let the strongest general win. I’m looking forward towards testing your shields with Obliteration and Infernus. Hold nothing back, for neither will I.''

''And to the Battle Staffs of the Tower - this is your opportunity for glory. Soon, we may be called by the Tower to strike against our enemies, bring ruin and destruction to foes of the Tower. This battle may determine, who would lead in the times to comes - pick your side wisely and prove yourselves.''

Architect
    ''Since we’ve got a little melee on our hands, why not test the weapons for the wars to come. I offer to all interested my Scorpion Armor, the prowess of which was displayed in the recent duel. Free of charge - the opportunity to see it in action is a reward enough.''

Uplift
    ''Such battle would be a perfect opportunity to demonstrate the strength of our enhancements. Unless you would refuse assistance of outsiders, our Mages shall join Blood Binder’s ranks.''

Striders
    ''If Uplift would join, so would we. Our side would be Caldwin Buras. To refuse our assistance would be foolish.''

Merchants of Wonder
    ''How interesting. We’ll see how it goes.''

Tower-Staff Lyhodey
    ''The Council shall post Council Guard in the Department of Warmagic, to observe the fight - and interfere, if there’s danger to the Tower’s property and bystanders.''

Hospitium

Chaos Principle [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Yes. We are interested in establishment of new Department Project, that would work to persuade the rest of the Tower, of the importance of the work we do. I’m certain you would be sympathetic. If you could [Invest 2 Stats] and persuade the remaining Fringe Factions to [Invest 1] into it, as Project Leaders, we’ll be able to change the minds in the Tower. We seek the position of Department Head to authorize such projects and use it to gather support, but if you do it, we can leave leadership to you.''

[*Invest = permanent investment of stats]

Solaris Atelier

Western Winds [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We find both Admiral Ray and Luther Oritz to be excellent choices, though of the two we favor Admiral Ray. Adrian Cross is too obsessed to be trusted, though our knowledge of Dragonblood Empire is admittedly lacking. Admiral Ray is oriented towards West, which is currently on the forefront of progress.''

Merchants of Wonder [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Ah… Mulden. Before the Age of Elves, Dawn Empire was the center of trade, the place all goods flown from around the world. Now it’s Mulden’s ships that dominate our harbors and Mulden’s merchants that grow rich through trade, while Dawn Empire grows poorer and weaker, the blood of commerce drained from its veins. Well, hopefully Admiral Ray would reverse this trend. We just shouldn’t forget, that there are different kinds of wars and everybody has their own interests at heart.''

Dueling Club [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We are investigating the issue - Mage Orsini has lodged his own complaint, that an attempt was made on his life via a ritual curse and there’s a claim, that you have agreed to a duel to death, via verbal assent. As you can see, the issue is quite complicated. We’ll discuss it with Lawspeaker Watcher, but we are also put under considerable time pressure, due to Mage Buras issuing his challenge. If we do not ward the Department, there could be great collateral damage...''

Vault Guard [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Dagger Brotherhood are mercenary. They could be bought. As far as I can tell, we have enough votes and the way that duel went, it should have won sympathies of Way of Balance and Fleshcrafters. So as long as we get to voting day without missteps, we could win. Grand Astrologist is a big question mark though… mysterious are his ways.''

''As for your request… that is actually something, that you are more likely to get from Way of Balance or perhaps Grand Astrologist. The first should be researching just that… hopefully. They are a bit too ''balanced'' to do anything useful sometimes. Grand Astrologist trades information and stars tell him much. Well, there must be some actual source of that knowledge, he is a skilled performer. But that is why everybody in the department is nice to him. There are ritual books in the Vault, but they are locked up very deep. It’ll take a lot of effort to break the wards all the way to them. Of course the knowledge in them would be worth it, just we are unlikely to get it in near future.''

Dagger Brotherhood [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We can discuss it in a private meeting, however, as far as we know, you can’t offer us the same thing, that we would receive from Master Angelo. Nothing is set in stone, but it’s no free flowing river either.''

Lawspeaker Watcher [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

[OOC: The Fleshcrafter’s issue is more about giving the Tower Law greater importance on your decision making, ultimately, this would give some influence to Lawspeaker.]

''You may have some ground about reagent acquisition, if you can prove, that Tower will lose access to them and thus, creation of strategic reserve is vital to ensuring Department efficiency. The Tower Council has authority to insist on Department Projects, needed for Tower security, but you’ll need to present a strong case, that it’s under threat.''

''If you have consented to the duel under one a set of conditions, that weren’t honored by the other side, then you have a case. The law mostly concerns itself with preventing use of duels as legal assassination - so the challenged can’t be pressured. Or to prevent Mages that are important for Tower from throwing their lives away, in the times of crisis. The Warmagic and Power Departments have their own traditions, that have the weight of law, but Ritual Department does not.''

Sigma

[OOC: Somebody doesn't read the mood of NPCs either :)]

Wakers [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Can you please stop calling Mage Orsini ''unstable''. He has done much to help my research and advance the search for knowledge in the Tower. Fighting with weapons is not clean, but even in our own Department, as we saw just recently, it brings results.''

Inquest [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''What an interesting phrasing. Well, we mustn't be complacent. The investigation into Crook's corruption is still ongoing. We don't know if they've been working with other factions in the Department and how deep the rot may have spread. Well, our Inquestors are skilled in obtaining confessions. Hopefully by the end of elections we could present the Tower Council a clean Department. If you know anything of shady dealings, please tell us.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2016-04-13 at 01:23 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Hospitium

To Blood Binder and Caldwin (MAN 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

I hoping this "battle" you are planning doesn't involve large number of mages trying to kill each other. The tone implies this will be a repeat of the last duel, only with significantly more damage and chance of casualties.

To Chaos Principle (MAN 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

That would be very drastic, although there is another deal we could reach. I have currently proposed one project, Project X, for the Fringe department which would leave an opening for another. How is this project different than the Acceptance, and if we made it a major project instead of getting assets from each department, would you find that adequate?

To Solarius (MAN 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

While he would be willing, I'm not sure if it would bring you much aid. He can testify to the damage that was caused was an attempt on your life, but that may be allowed in a duel. Also, the Hospitium does not have a great reputation with the Tower Council, so having us on your side may be detrimental at the current point.

If you'd like his testimony, he will give it.

To the Tower Council (MAN 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

A few months ago you stated there may be extra assets for a department wide project somewhere in the tower. I'd like to request that we create a new "Life Preservation" project. Those assigned to the task will work on ways to use the traditional Power, Shadow, and perhaps Ritual sources to heal wounds, and perhaps counter Sourceburn. The duels and now a battle are just putting more of our own in danger, if we do not find a way to counteract this damage the tower may start becoming an empty place.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Solaris

Show
    Well, I am certain that there was no agreement that the Duel would be to the death, and I fully intend to argue this point. As for the issue with the Tower Council's bias against the Hospitium, I intend to take this up to the Lawspeaker specifically. If anyone in the Tower Council would be most impartial and balanced where you are concerned, it would be her.

Thank you for offering Dr Passitum's testimony. I will call upon it when the time comes.

Spoiler: Western Winds
    Show
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I too have a preference for Admiral Ray, for her orientation towards and ties to the Republic of Mulden is complementary to my own interests. Is there any way you can conceive that I may influence the Lord-Protector elections in her favor? I would appreciate your advice on this matter.

Spoiler: Merchants of Wonder
    Show
    Wise words indeed, and true enough. Even so, I do believe that the answer to Mulden's growing advantage in commerce over the Dawn Empire is not isolationism, for that would only lead to an inevitable decline for the latter as the world's flow of trade passes them by. Instead, it may be more advisable that the Dawn Empire and the Tower enter an alliance of convenience with Mulden, if only so they may be revitalized with renewed trade and potentially leverage themselves into a position to wrest back the commercial advantage from Mulden in the future.

And for her supposed heterodoxy, there are no questions about Admiral Ray's allegiance at least as far as I'm aware. So, I'm fairly certain her interests align with the Tower's, and that she would at least work to the Tower's benefit and not at our expense. In that sense, I believe her bid for the position of Lord-Protector is worth supporting.

Spoiler: Duelling Club
    Show
    Okay.

Firstly, does mister Orsini's claims of an attempt on his life via ritual curse have any weight to it? Or is it merely a facetious diversion of his, made in response to my claim of his attempt on my life? If there is a reasonable suspicion that the latter is more likely, what is your justification for spending some of your apparently limited time and resources on it, as opposed to the far more heavily-witnessed claim of mine?

(OOC: Was this claim made by Madwand himself, or should I consider Soul Alchemists to be acting as an NPC from now on?)

Secondly, I dispute the claim that I have verbally assented to a duel to the death. For that matter, I expected quite the contrary; that all reasonable measures would be implemented to prevent needless loss of life, if not specified otherwise. Is that not the default position of the Duelling Club?

If that is not the case, and the default position of the Duelling Club is that all Duels in your Hall would be conducted to the death... why was this not communicated to me clearly, nor Witnessed in black and white? Would that constitute a negligence of duty on your part? Is this an oversight I should be bringing to the Lawspeaker's attention?

(OOC: Would it be possible to perform a Warding Ritual to boost the Duelling Club's wards for the Internal Security-Blood Binder battle? What I wrote above was Solaris beating the Club with a stick; I want to know if she can reasonably dangle this as a carrot, next.)

(OOC 2: Cue sudden bout of 'maybe I haven't thought this through'; Reagents can only be used for one Ritual per Turn, right? Which means the Hard Liquid I just produced with 1 CRE is good for only one Warding? Would it be possible for me to create a second Hard Liquid with 2 CRE right now, so I can use it for a second Warding on the same Turn?)

Show
    It is true what you say about the Dagger Brotherhood being mercenary, mister Warner. In fact, I think they have been bought by mister Angelo. It may be possible to buy their allegiance back, but the cost of doing so might be more than would be worth it.

As for the Way of Balance and the Fleshcrafters, it is good that they would be more inclined to support my case after what happened in the Duel. However, it's an open secret that both of their standings in their respective territories are... not as firm as they could be. And if I can see that, it's a given that mister Angelo is apt to notice it as well, and will be moving to exploit it. I do think it is necessary for us to secure our position proactively.

I have some ideas as to how we should proceed from here. Would you be interested in considering our next move? Can we talk about this in a more secure setting?

And thank you for telling me about the difficulty of retrieving the ritual books from the Vault, mister Warner. Also, for pointing me in the right direction. Anyway, I'll still be helping you out with the Vault's wards all the same, as long as I get compensated fairly in return, alright?

Although, now that I've gotten around to thinking about it... could there be a more efficient way of tackling these wards? Maybe the Grand Astrologist could divine a solution to them much more quickly? Or the Ordo Integritas perhaps, might well be they've got the skill to unlock them in less time than it would take the both of us.

Spoiler: Way of Balance
    Show
    Hey there! I've heard you guys have been doing some research on Reagents, Equations and Essences. Making a record on what works best for which Rituals, it seems. Is that true, by any chance?

Show
    I see. That is a shame, but I appreciate your candor regarding the difficulty I would face in changing your mind. Let me get back to you later, when I have made up my mind as to whether I wish to take on the challenge nonetheless.

Show
    (OOC: Okay. But, I get the impression that the Fleshcrafters were mainly concerned about Mageborn proliferation more than anything else, from what they told me earlier. So, the plan is to go through the Mageborn-relevant parts of Tower Law with a fine-tooth comb together with Fleshcrafters, and agree to abide by them once the details are worked out. I'm hoping this way it will satisfy the Fleshcrafters, while not giving them carte blanche to interfere in any decision of mine that do not concern Mageborn by invoking Tower Law nilly-willy)

Thank you for your advice on reagent acquisitions, miss Lydia. If and when I prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the supply of reagents is threatened, I will submit it to you.

And thank you too, for your advice on the rules of Duel. If I may clarify something... with the demise of the Senior Mages in recent days, this would count as a "time of crisis" for the Tower, would it not? Does that mean that the Duelling Club would have to observe the responsibility of preventing Mages from throwing their lives away, in this case?

Show
    (Just in case you missed it the last time)

Questions

IP asked me last night if Solaris could produce any potions for his mages to take to the battle against Blood Binder. I figured this is similar to the 'alchemical bomb' thing, so I may as well ask; can she do that by spending CRE or something?

I did tell him I can cast Rituals on his guys instead. So, to avoid any unpleasant surprises; what sort of effects can I expect to see were I to cast a Warding Ritual, either on my own faction and/or VIPs, or another faction and/or its VIPs?
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2016-04-14 at 10:03 AM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show