New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [5e] Shadoweagle's Fields of Flesh - IC

"Neil raised his eyebrow, slightly annoyed at (he thought) being ignored. "What makes wood so valuable around here? Are all the trees made of flesh here like the one we saw back there?"
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Jhalk lets out a laugh as the party agrees to go with him, "Very well. I like the enthu♪ia♪m. Give my brother and I ♪ome time to prepare, you can vi♪it Brother Hukkel and the library if you want in the meantime. I ex♪pect to hear ♪ome of those Dwarfy joke♪ during our journey." he smiles widely at Lad.

He addresses Neil's question in a matter-of-fact manner "The tree♪ here are made of flesh♪, all wood i♪ acquired from either ♪cavenging or chopping down wood-tree♪ out in the edge. We eventually burn through all the wood acquired and the demand for it i♪ alway♪ high. People here have no other thing to ♪pend their gold on, the fore♪t provide♪ u♪ with ♪o much food that we don't have to worry about ♪tarving."

His tone becomes serious despite the whistle lisp, "But there i♪ a drawback. We have grown a need to eat of the tree♪, we come down with the ♪♪ickness if we don't eat of them. We can leave the village alright, but if we want to leave the blight it♪elf, well... we better have ♪ome jerky on-hand."

"I'm ♪ure it'♪ harmle♪♪ to you folk. Though we've grown a need for it, having a few day♪ worth won't turn you into horrible mon♪ter♪ like u♪!"
    he laughs cold and hard at this.
    Last edited by daze413; 2016-04-08 at 09:34 PM.
    DMing:
    Shadoweagle's Fields of Flesh [5e] - IC - OOC - MAP

3. - Top - End - #93

Ok, I will like to hear some histories about how you guys lived before the mist. But not now. Now this dwarf want some cold ale to easy the pain your lost one gave me by biting my arm.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, don't eat the trees. Got it. That whole business sounded off to Neil, like the were trying to make the best of the situation. but damned if he was going to get himself stuck in some middle of nowhere village again."Library sounds good to me."
    Last edited by Estralita; 2016-04-09 at 01:19 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

Griffon

"Before the mi♪t? I think you might want to ♪ee Brother Hukkel about that. It ha♪ been about, oh, a thou♪and year♪, after all? Give or take a few decade♪." Jhalk tries to explain.

"Ah, ye♪, ale. The tavern should ♪till be open, Krondell doe♪ her be♪t to keep it intact, she and Rou♪e u♪ed to be a formidable team." he chuckles fondly.

"Now, if you'll excu♪e me, I need to ♪ee my brother. Let'♪ meet at the ♪tatue by noon when you're ready." Jhalk gives the party a nod and walks away.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    What do you want to do?
    There are several interesting places you can go to.

The Smith
    The Inn
    The Church
    The Library (yey! reading!)
    The Shop is also there if you want to resupply on things
    Here's a map. Thanks, Andrezitos for amping up my game on this front!

OK, so I forgot to say something about the Azalea, the religion check. You don't recall a diety named Azalea. Though you know there are several dieties that are not as "mainstream" (pardon my breaking immersion) as the ones you are familiar with. This must be one of those dieties.

XP for the party, for the milestone achievements:
    50 XP explored the Farmhouse
    50 XP explored the Barn
    50 XP Defeated the Lost One
    50 XP Arrived in Poxxin

200 XP Total! 700 to go, lol
    Last edited by daze413; 2016-04-09 at 05:28 PM.
    DMing:

6. - Top - End - #96

I'll be there.
    Turning towards his companions I'll go to the church first, if someone is better verse in religion than I, it would probably be a good idea to come there too.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry, I didn't have internet connection for 2 days due to not being at home.

Rowan is totally freaked out at the humanoid monsters. Though they don't seem to be hostile, the fact they aren't is actually more unnerving and just seems wrong. Are they former humans? Or are they outsiders, beings from a different world? Either way, Rowan has no idea. For a Wizard, not knowing meant fear.

But, Rowan thinks, there's no need to fear what you know well. Once I get a good understanding of what these beings are...

"I've learnt in academy about most religions and gods,"
    Rowan turns to Balan. "I am interested in the fact that the people here, living in such a desolate world, have some sort of faith... but... well, it might actually be because it's so desolate. Because the people need help, some sort of way out of normal life... and that's how most people get to learn the gods.

"But preferrably before the church, I want to first go to the library. Oh, and, when I go there... I'd prefer it if I don't become alone. Or any of us, for that matter. Either split into two groups, or have everyone go to the same place... just in case something bad happens.

"I have no idea what this place is, or how it came into being. But a library... that's pretty interesting. It means that the people here can read. It also means the people here must have at least some basic education - meaning there's the basic understanding of something we can call a 'civilized society'. If we're lucky, there could be even some books the people here wrote, which will hopefully signify what's important and valued in here... or possibly, if we're really lucky, some form of archive of the history of this city... what's happened before, how this place was born... I think it's a good place to start.

"Not to mention, if it's a collection of all the books of the cities which used to be around here... who knows? The blight's been growing for over a millenium. There could be even some forgotten spellbooks, ancient rituals... knowledge lost through the ages, waiting for someone to re-discover them. I'm a Wizard. I can't miss that."
    Last edited by Gastronomie; 2016-04-10 at 08:25 PM.
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

8. - Top - End - #98

Well, for that matter, i do also want to see what knowledge lies in this library. And i also hope to read about the history of this place. I'll follow you there but...
    Balan got closer to his companion while lowering his voice and switching to elvish I'm only trying to be careful right now, something is amiss that much we know. I think there's a chance that Jahlk had something he can't say here and it's probably related to that religion of them. Please wait before voicing those concern... they might be known to them. Let's play innocent while learning about them.

Having his voice back for his companion he continued in common The library it is. Let's do as Rowan bade us, let's stay together, just in case.

Just as he started toward the library, Balan turned back to face his companions And well, let's try not to upset the habitant of this place, they're as much unaware of who/what we are as they are to us. So let's keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Sirithhyando; 2016-04-10 at 08:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Neil shrugged in response to Rowan's worries. "He seemed nice at least. And pretty forthcoming. Don't know that we have reason to worry." Neil stopped and thought for a moment. "Actually I'd like to meet more of them. Think I'll head out to the inn."

10. - Top - End - #100

Griffon

The Library

Balan and Rowan departed for the library, it was a small structure of bone and stone. So small, in fact, that the pair might have guessed that it was merely a home converted into a make-shift library. A knock on the door, this early in the morning, yielded a male Azalean who stepped back and almost shut the door upon seeing both the Elf and the human.

After a brief exchange of pleasantries and revelation of intention, the man yelled out "Dear? Some... people are here to see the library." Peeking through the door, beside her apparent father, a little girl, still warped by whatever forces cursed these people, pops her head out and looks curiously at the pair. From inside, a woman's voice can be heard "Well, let them in, of course!" At this, the little girl runs back inside and you are ushered in by the man who introduces himself as Welton.

The library is indeed simply a home, with a room dedicated to a handful of shelves, sparsely laden with thick hide vellum volumes of books. The woman steps into the "library" and stares incredulously at you for a moment. "Eh? No wonder my husband and daughter were acting weird. My name is Zaria, have you had any breakfast yet?" she asks. "I suppose you are here for the library, please, help yourselves." she lingers for a moment, anticipating some questions but she is unsettled by the well-armed elf and the fiery human.

The Inn

Neil and Lad split from the group, eager to quench their thirst and meet more people. They need not walk very far to reach the inn, neither were they too far from Balan and Rowan at the moment, but inebriation can lengthen the distance.

As they step through the threshold, they find themselves in a decent inn, though there are no other patrons about this early in the morning. The place is furnished with bone chairs and tables, a wooden hearth and a busy innkeeper who is slowly wiping off the bar with what looks like a pinkish-stained cloth. She doesn't look up, and speaks in a sullen manner "A bit early isn't it?... Well, what can I ge-" she looks up and stops mid-sentence, tilts her head to the side for a bit and continues, "Welcome to the Well-done Haunch", she sighs.

Show
    fail, they censored co cks, it is a valid word. What the flip, GITP >_>
    Last edited by daze413; 2016-04-11 at 05:13 PM.
    DMing:

11. - Top - End - #101

Balan enter first and bow his head a little to the man. Thank you Welton and sorry for the intrusion this early in the morning.

Following the daughter towards Zaria he answered her first question Oh, no we haven't yet though i wouldn't want to impose. It's already quite nice of you to allow you in your house this early in the morning.

After a moment, Balan consider the fact that he haven't seen any weapon anywhere in the village. Is it the weapons that seems to be unsettling? I could let it close to the door or anywhere you deem better. We are obviously unaccostumed to Proxxin. In other village where we come from, it would be a custom to have them close on hand. I assure you though, our presence is merely academic. We wish and hope that, through the books, we'll be able to learn of the history of this place, his habitants, religion and costums.

Through his excitation of having the chance to read about this place, he continued talking without letting enough time for an answer. Oh, are you the one who wrote those books we are about to have a look at?

12. - Top - End - #102

Griffon

The Library

"It is no trouble at all," she turns and beckons her daughter to come. "Zyna, dear, can you fetch these gentlemen some breakfast. Go tell your father." The daughter nods but stays silent, then she looks at the strangers in the library a final time and runs off. The girl looked to be about 8 years of age, while her mother and father looked to be around 30. They had the same warped features of claws and fangs and beady eyes, if it weren't for the hair and clothing, however, you would be hard-pressed to tell the difference in their facial features.

"About the weapons, I'd rather you keep them where they are than leave them around somewhere, Zyna might find it and play with it." she explains.

Oh, are you the one who wrote those books we are about to have a look at?

"Yes and No. I am not the original author, of course, some of the knowledge I transcribed into these books were a millenia old." At this time, the daughter came back with two bowls of thick brown gruel with bits and chunks of gods-know-what in the soup. She puts it on a small bone table set in the side then she runs back to her mother. "Thank you, dear, I'll join you and daddy in a moment, ok?" The little Azalean nods and walks out of the room.

"I am familiar with some of the history, yes, but if you want more detailed accounts, it's in those books. I can maybe point you to the right volumes, what were you looking for, specifically?"
    DMing:

13. - Top - End - #103

Oh, i was afraid that our ways for food would differ too much but it does seems to my taste, thank you.

Of course, then i'll keep it with me.

Balan took a moment trying to decide where he should start about learning Well, we don't know anything about this place so there's no specific. Though i think learning about the faith would be a good start. Oh, and if we somehow offend anyone, please tell us, for now we haven't learned of your ways yet and wouldn't want to offend those who are so welcoming to us.

Thinking one last moment and smiling as he added And any questions you might have of us, our culture, anything, you probably are as curious of learning about us as we are of you. We would gladly answer anything.

14. - Top - End - #104

Lad observes the lady with curios eyes: Aaa, I see why the name... chuckles. He is getting used with the appearance of these humanoids, after all, the caves of his home mountain contained many other human-like figures that would make an even greater frisson than these poor souls. Please, young lady (although, he is not sure about her age, being dwarf, he expect these things to be younger than he), can you serve anything resembling beer? This mist drys my mouth to the gut.

15. - Top - End - #105

Griffon

Show
    I apologize in advance for possibly ruining your belief of the deities in this world. I don't have a firm grip on dieties in any setting in-general, so if any of this doesn't make sense, please feel free to open up and tell me. Maybe we can work together to see how Azalea fits into the pantheon.

The Library

Zaria raises a crooked brow, "If you want to know about the Life Shaper, you'd be better off seeing Brother Hukkel, he knows more than most. I do have histories of Poxxin, though. It isn't all found in one book so you may have to do some digging." she steps toward one of the shelves and pulls our 3 thick volumes and puts them on the table beside the gruel. She handles the heavy tomes with little effort, it's obvious that these people are stronger than your normal humans. "There, these should give you a start. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to continue our meal."

As she steps out and leaves you to the books, a few minutes pass of reading through the thick when the daughter, whose name you remember was Zyna steps in the middle of the threshold just watching you in a blank stare, arms limp at her sides.

Show
    At this point, I'd like for you to roll Investigation checks for reading the books. The higher your roll, the quicker you find the information.

After a few hours, engrossed in the books you barely notice that Zyna is beside you, looking up as her glossy black eyes become jaded and unfocused. "They killed her, you know." she says, the plain declarative way she says this is unsettling, especially coming from this small grotesque humanoid. Then, she shakes her head a bit and regains focus. She blinks a few times, then smiles a disarming smile.

The Well-done Haunch

Lad approaches the young innkeeper, she suddenly drops her rag and seemingly stares off into the distance. A few seconds pass and she turns her head sharply at Lad. "And now they'll kill you." she says threateningly, her brow furrowing in aggression. Before you could even manage to put your hand on your axe hilt, her eyes begin regaining the familiar beady jet black, though hers are sullen and bagged. "Huh? The name? What do you mean?" she looks puzzled but the sad gaze does not leave her eyes as she returns to absently wiping the bar.

"Beer?" she asks, "You're in luck, Jhalk had returned one day to give us some casks of the stuff. No one here likes them, except... Rouse." at the mention of the name, her demeanor changes from sullen to almost on the verge of tears. "... Help yourself." her voice breaks as she pours the both of you two hollowed bone mugs.
    Last edited by daze413; 2016-04-12 at 09:14 AM.
    DMing:

16. - Top - End - #106

What hell was that? Subconscious speaking loudly while the conscious is distract by something or someone? Dropping his previous colorful behavior for a more investigative one Lad asks for a jug of the thing she offered. So, see me some of this thing, would you? He will wait a little bit before asking the wench about that name. It seems to be a sore subject.

17. - Top - End - #107

Balan took the first tome, starting to read.
    After a while, he became conscious that Zyna was watching them though Balan was pretty sure she didn't meant any harm, simple curiosity.
    Finding small things here and there, Balan often looked at Rowan, hoping he was doing better than he in his search.
    I'm not finding much in this tome for now Rowan, i...
    Before finishing his sentence, he found that Zyna got closer. Her eyes startled him and as he didn't think he could become more unsettled, what she said just after was close to terrifying. Then she switched back and smiled before going back. Balan smiled back, not really a forced smile but still... Balan couldn't make anything right away about what had just happened. The first question he had in mind though was... is she aware of what she just said... Balan could only think that it still had something to do with the religion though he would have to find out later.
    He then looked at Rowan to see how he was reacting to this.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Neil had been all ready to order and charm the innkeeper when... that happened. He tried to size her up a bit more, and asked, "So what's your name, then?"

19. - Top - End - #109

Griffon

The Well-done Haunch

Neil had slid up to the innkeeper at the time, "My name is Krondell," she says in her always-tired voice. "Is that what you meant by the name?" she turns to Lad before handing him a mug of beer.

"... I don't know how much I should charge you for that thing. Only Rouse seemed to like it, and she drank it... for... free..." her voice cracks and breaks even as she fondly recalls much about this Rouse person. "Excuse me, I..." she stammers. "That'll be... I don't know... 5 silver pieces?" she guessed, you get the feeling that she genuinely doesn't know how much she's asking for the beer. Her price is more than ten times what should normally be the price for a mug.
    DMing:

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Roll+OOC
    Show
    (1d20+5)[18]
    BTW daze, are there any spellbooks here? Or does that require another check? In case:
    (1d20)[6] (Add any possible modifiers later)
    Rowan is flipping rapidly through the books, his eyes darting and scanning across the pages in search of crucial information. Once in a while he stops in his tracks, jots down some cursive notes upon a parchment, and continues on with his research. He is so absorbed in the books that he doesn't even notice the girl besides him, just until she suddenly whispered the words beside his ear. Rowan jumps up, covering his hands over his mouth to gulp down a scream - sweating, panting, he takes a peek at the girl, who now seems back to normal.
    "...Uh...uum...what...?" Rowan rubs his eyes, upon which tears are starting to form. He returns to the book, but seems rather nervous and unsettled.
    Last edited by Gastronomie; 2016-04-13 at 07:08 PM.
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

21. - Top - End - #111

Lad takes a sip of the liquid, strong ale, little old but still appreciatable. He then spreads some silver coins over the table and asks in an more relaxed way: You mentioned someone, a customer, that used to enjoy this bevarage, would you mind share this tale?

Lad wonders about that threatning voice. Could be his imagination?
    Last edited by Andrezitos; 2016-04-13 at 07:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Griffon

Show
    Ah, that's the big question, isn't it? I'd say that because magic is rare in this setting (which admittedly, I could have made clear from the start) you would only ever find spellbooks in large Arcanum-type libraries in big magic cities (like where Rowan hails from). And even then, only in the 'restricted' section. It wouldn't do to have anyone with decent Int to run around casting Firebolt.

The Library

Flipping through the thick hide vellum, you notice the writing on the books are of the same hand, hurriedly, yet with purpose and determination, written on the leathery pages. The leaves of the books eerily resemble dried human skin, it is remarkable in absorbing what ink was used in the scribbles.

As the pair pass around tomes and various loose leaves in the span of an hour, they find the information they are looking for:

Poxxin was, most assuredly, a human settlement, pre-dating even the blight that began to be observed over 900 years ago. Though there is nothing here that says where the blight originated, it details the former-humans struggles in life as they stubbornly eke out a living in what would later be come to be known as the Fields of Flesh. The first humans suffered no abnormalities, though they ate solely of the trees. It wasn't after a few dozen generations that mutations began to show. Longer arms for easier reach of the trees, clawed hands for gripping and tearing, sharp canine teeth for biting off flesh. All these mutations took form as the humans remain within the blight.

In the books, too, confirms what Jhalk had said: Azaleans, as they have taken to call themselves, after their god Azalea, must live solely off the meat from the trees. Documented in the vile books, it says that three days of food that do not come from the trees, they begin retching whatever they partake in, and eventually die of starvation.

"Hi!" Zyna flashes a horrid yet peculiarly adorable fanged smile. "Whatcha readin'?" she asks innocently. She seems oblivious to what she had said before, and looks confused at your question.

At this time, Zaria comes in, scolds her daughter and takes her away, apologizing for the disturbance. She lingers in the library, though, and asks you a few details about who and what you are, where you came from, and what your culture is.

It has been 2 hours since the party split, as you spend the time in the library. Zaria is still with you as you exchange questions and answers. Neil and Lad must still be at the inn.
    DMing:

23. - Top - End - #113

As Zaria arrived scolding Zyna, Balan waited until Zyna was gone. Do not worry, she wasn't a bother at all. I had my nose in the books non-stop, i didn't mind the change of pace.

As they continued talking and before the two hours passed, Balan took a curious stare. There is something we found in the books. It seems your ancestor were humans. But if i recall well, humans tend to have a large diversity in features. The few Azaleans i've seen up until now all had black eyes. Are there any of you with different eye color? The question may sound odd though where i come from there's a saying about how the eyes are a mirror of the inner self. And i've usually taken the time to contemplate the eyes of those i meet.

24. - Top - End - #114

Griffon

The Well-done Haunch

"Thanks," she scoops the silver up from the table and sits down on a high stool on the opposite side of the bar. Her beady black eyes showing appreciation at your question.

"She was- is? no, I don't know. She's- was... my friend." she manages to stammer out between sighs. "We grew up together, planned to get out of this town together." she says. "Her father would never agree to that, of course! hah!" she gives out a single depressed laugh. "Hukkel wants his daughter to be a shining example, tough jerky, Hukkel, Rouse was always very rebellious. She even showed me that old ruined keep to the south, that's a whole other tale by itself!" for a moment it seemed she could be joyous in remembering her friend, a wisp of a smile crept through the corner of her lips.

"Then she... changed. Became Lost."
    she buries her head in her clawed hands. "We tossed her out like the rest. Like a rabid dog... I couldn't do anything about it. When I tried to, well, she..." she folds her leather tunic by the shoulder, revealing a bite mark, now recovered from the physical scarring. The emotional, however...

"I know your sort," she looks up at Neil. "you're going back out there, aren't you?" she pauses for a moment then says "if you find her... A Lost One with curly black hair, and a jade necklace, please... Don't kill her. If you must, just... Don't even bother telling me you found her."

The Library

"Well, she's a good girl and it's not often we have actual readers here. Usually it's just me." Zaria explains.

"A'yes, we were once like this one," she nods to Rowan. "Years in the blight have morphed us, though. Or eyes especially, everyone has the same beady black, I think. But everyone is different." she starts explaining. "Perhaps it's the lines on our faces, I can't quite explain it." perplexed, she continues, "It is akin to this human, if I look at another human, I probably couldn't tell them apart, either." she taps Rowan on the shoulder, a little stronger than he was anticipating. "We'd all just see them as food." she pauses for a moment and laughs.

Show
    any more questions?
    Last edited by daze413; 2016-04-13 at 11:57 PM.
    DMing:

25. - Top - End - #115

Thank you for your hospitality, i think it's close to the time we are suppose to meet Jhalk.
    Balan closed carefully the tome he had on hand when they started discussing and waited for Rowan to come outside to the rendez-vous.

26. - Top - End - #116

Lad wonders if the lost one he and his comrades have faced is the same person that the innkeeper mentioned. I will keep my eyes open, dont worry. In the end, these people are no less rational than the average human, Lad ponders. If Neil agrees, he is ready to go meet the others.
    Last edited by Andrezitos; 2016-04-14 at 01:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Rowan is honestly scated out of his skin. He manages a twitching smile, and after mumbling something resembling "Thank you for the help", he rather hurriedly walks out of the library together with Balan.
    Last edited by Gastronomie; 2016-04-15 at 04:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Griffon

Oak and Leg-chopper

As the pair finishes off their drinks and bid farewell to the sullen innkeeper, who now has recovered enough to continue cleaning her already clean table, they emerge out on the streets of Poxxin, the statue of Azalea looking down on them from the town center, bathed with gentle sunlight.

If one can look past the hideous features, the town seems perfectly normal, a few Azaleans are walking to and fro, more than one spare a curious glance at the pointy-eared and boisterous rogue and the short but stout and well-armed dwarf. Nothing more than a curiosity, the looks are dispelled after a few seconds.

As Lad and Neil make their way back to the Western part of town, where they are supposed to meet Jhalk, they spy two Azaleans conversing, one is carrying a large bunch of tanned leathers, no doubt from the trees, and the other is ,apparently, buying from the former. Coins are exchanged when the buyer spots the pair, and when the pair is within earshot and back turned, you hear a whispered words in your ear.

"Why was she taken?"

Startled, you look back and see the seller, glazey-eyed and standing right behind you, staring at the air in front of his face. The buyer looks to be of the same expression. After a quick dip of the head, they regain their 'normal' beady black shine.

"Hm?" the Azalean says to Neil. "Sorry, can I help you? Would you like some leathers? They make great blankets." he offers.

After waving him off and meeting Jhalk, they are introduced to Baido, his brother. At this point, Jhalk asks for help repairing the make-shift cart you are about to use. It is merely an iron cage fashioned, rather cleverly, with wooden wheels and handles, while one side of the cage is removed to allow for wood to be stored.

"Thi♪ came from the old Keep to the ♪outh," Jhalk explains. "it'♪ quite ♪turdy but mind the ru♪t." he tosses in a pair of dull wood axes and rusty crowbars in the cart when Balan and Rowan finally arrive.

"Great, we're all here! Shall we?" Jhalk says to everyone.

"The road ahead i♪ frought with many danger♪, keep your head♪ up."

Show
    believe me, it feels awkward to be writing so much forward like this. I'd like to confirm our marching orders since we've had an addition of two people and a cart.

Here's an illustration.
    Needless to say, there's going to battles up ahead. Surprised? This is a spoiler.

EDIT: I also apologize for controlling some of the characters, please tell me if I stepped too far and we can retcon later.

@Gastronomie put on your big boy pants, roll those Portent dice!

Double EDIT: I also apologize for giving you nothing to do in this post. You can post your reactions, especially to the random Azaleans or ask Jhalk or his brother questions or generally interact with the NPCs before taking off. I can't post a really long post for setting up a battle right now, I think this post is too long even now that I haven't put it in yet. I'll have to get back home before I can maybe set up another post, I'm still at work.
    Last edited by daze413; 2016-04-15 at 05:27 AM.
    DMing:

29. - Top - End - #119

Balan looked at Rowan a moment when they were out side. Talking lower he asked
    have you read anything about those jaded eyes? It seemed as if she was possessed though i'm unsure by what.
    Looking at the statue, his fears that something was terribly wrong with this place and not with the people was precising.
    I dont think they would harm us... when we get out of the place with Jhalk, maybe he'll be more at ease to tell us more if he knows more. There's also something with the lost one's...
    Balan brought himself closer to Rowan and whispered I'm unsure, i haven't really studied much this kind of lore but what's more likely to take place here is probably link with what that statue personify.

Arriving with the others Hi Jhalk, i'm ready when you are

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Balan wants to confirm if it's possession or something else that happened when the girl eyes changed
    intel arcana? (suppose i'm trained lol)
    (1d20+4)[9](9)

30. - Top - End - #120

Griffon

Noon creeps toward the center of the sky as the party makes their way through the blood mist. Exchanging a couple of words with Jhalk, though at the annoyance of Baido, who seemed more cautious of the two:

"Ye♪, we've traveled thi♪ road, countle♪♪ of time♪ now, haven't we Baido?"
    Baido merely gives a glance of disapproval at Jhalk. "Don't worry about him, I enjoy the company of ♪uch intere♪ting folk. When we go out on the road, it's usually ju♪t the two of u♪." Jhalk explains. "And he'♪ such boring company."

"Of cour♪e, there're many thing♪ that's a danger in the♪e field♪. Dome♪ticated animal♪ become wild, wild animal♪ become aggre♪♪ive, you name them: boar♪, deer, cow♪, horse♪-"

"Lost Ones." Baido says, dispelling Jhalk's casual rambling for a moment.

"And, ye♪, Lost One♪..."
    Jhalk admits dourly.

"No, Jhalk. Lost Ones."
    The party begins noticing them too, two male Lost Ones emerge from the thinning tree line.

"Heh heh heh. Jhalk? You've finally brought some friends along, I see. I knew I smelled something tasty. Now, now, don't be greedy, hand them over and we'll let you pass."
    the Lost Ones seem to be wearing Leather Armor and are armed with shortswords.

Taking a look at Jhalk to see what he thinks, he seems hesitant but thinking about it.

Show
    Updated map. Please choose where you are at the start of this encounter.
    Last edited by daze413; 2016-04-15 at 11:51 AM.
    DMing: