New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: New Friends, No Axes IC

"Torches at night? Could also be a riot," Zinnia whispers. She heads outside the room again, twirling a dagger between her feathers. "What are we waiting for then?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Terrach goes back to the room and quickly gathers his gear. Let's do it. He says as he heads down the stairs, with Freya next to him.

3. - Top - End - #33

Braxton grabs his weapons and his shield, but decides to leave his armor behind. Hard to be stealthy in breastplate. "I'm ready."

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    In addition to leaving the armor behind, he is also leaving his bedroll/blanket/1 waterskin. I guess the breastplate is in the BoH, but the other two armors are just in the room. I really ought to sell those at some point. He is also currently at light load.

Spoiler: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Show
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ \\('0')// ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES!
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

As the group leaves the inn to follow the disappearing torches, Terrach, Freya and Zinnia easily melt into the night. The full moon lit their way, the three of them clearly seeing the small branches, ruts in the road and pebbles that might have tripped them up. Braxton did not notice these small items, causing the whole group to wince whenever they heard the shifting of stones or the small snap of branches. But as they followed the torch bearers, they remained unnoticed.

They managed to get to the edge of the mounds that Braxton and Terrach had passed on their way into town. There the gathered people had stopped and as the three heads peered out from their hiding spot behind the mound they could see that the gathered people, numbering around 20 individuals, were carrying bundles of wood and shovels. Two of the shovel carriers were digging in the central mound, supervised by what the group recognized to be the innkeeper.

As they watched the diggers struck something, signalling to the others in the group. The digging proceeded faster, this time followed by the lifting of a long wooden box. The diggers placed it on the mound, stepping back and whispering in hushed tones. The innkeeper spoke, his words causing silence in the crowd."Pure as Air" The crowd repeated his words "Pure as Air."

"Strong as Earth"
    "Strong as Earth"

"Mind like Fire"
    "Mind like Fire"

"Spirit of Water"
    "Spirit of Water

"This night we learn of the second test. Of the second trial. If the gods attention is PAID! If a blessing is EARNED!" The crowd gathered closer around the box, blocking the groups view of it. They heard the creaking of nails being pried from wood, the groan of splintering. Then a hush.

The crowd parted just enough to reveal the scene as the innkeeper pulled a young, blonde half-elf out of the box. Even without the cloth gag in her mouth and the arms tied behind her back, one thing was clear from the look in her eyes. She was VERY unhappy. As she struggled against the man's grip her head focused and her eyes met Braxton's. The angry look disappeared for a second, replaced by confusion and a little speck of hope.
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    The crowd parted just enough to reveal the scene as the innkeeper pulled a young, blonde half-elf out of the box. Even without the cloth gag in her mouth and the arms tied behind her back, one thing was clear from the look in her eyes. She was VERY unhappy. As she struggled against the man's grip her head focused and her eyes met Braxton's. The angry look disappeared for a second, replaced by confusion and a little speck of hope.
    The half-elf didn't bother with trying to untie her hands to escape, but tried to kick at the innkeeper in a very sensitive location. To be fair, they hadn't tied her legs.

Spoiler: Attack!
    Show

Yes, my character's first action is to try to kick him in the groin.

Attack: (1d20+2)[15]

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    The half-elf didn't bother with trying to untie her hands to escape, but tried to kick at the innkeeper in a very sensitive location. To be fair, they hadn't tied her legs.

Spoiler: Attack!
    Show

Yes, my character's first action is to try to kick him in the groin.

Attack: [roll0]

The man quickly let go of the elf, doubling over onto the ground. She quickly took the opportunity to break free, the crowd standing in shock did not try to grab her. As she neared the mound where the group lay, the innkeeper managed to raise his hand and point at her. "GET HER! GET HER NOW!!"

Most of the people in the crowd stood slack-jawed, trying to process what had just happened. The two men who had started the digging were focused though. Each dropped the shovel they held and standing upright grabbed something that was around their necks and chanted a series of words pointing at the half-elf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft to ID spell, DC 14 Will save to not be affected Laurel
    ''

Laurel felt the first spell take hold, freezing her mid escape. She could still breath and her eyes darted back and forth as she failed to will her legs forward.

Next Up: Terrach, Freya, Braxton
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-04-09 at 07:00 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Braxton took note of the spell they appeared to cast on the half-elf, trying to see if he recognized it. He then decided it was time to act. He could not in good conscience stay hidden, since it seemed to Braxton that the half-elf likely didn't deserve this, so he climbed up on the mound next to the half-elf, and held up his holy symbol:

"Citizens, I am a Paladin of Gerana, Goddess of Justice! Tell me, what has this half-elf done to you to incur this sort of wrath? Perhaps we can come to some mutual agreement!"

Braxton sincerely hoped this could be resolved peacefully. If nothing else, this might draw attention away from the stealthier members of the group...

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move to O14.
    Spellcraft Check (if not performing too many other actions): (1d20+7)[16]
    Diplomacy Check (if applicable): (1d20+8)[14]

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

8. - Top - End - #38

He whispers to Freya and points to the next mound. She darts there quietly and swiftly. Thinking it is best not to get involved until Braxton's proposal works or fails, Terrach remains hidden, stroking his beard and murmuring a spell, before he quietly drawing his axes.

Show
    Handle Animal (though I don't think I need it with DC 10 to Handle Animal to use a trick of sneak to the next mound): (1d20+10)[14] to have her move to P7.

Cast Ironbeard on myself, if I can do so while remaining hidden(it has verbal and somatic components, but I can whisper, right?).
    I don' t know, but if I need to, Stealth check to stay hidden if casting hurt my stealth: (1d20+7)[16]

Then Draw my axes.
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2016-04-11 at 02:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Table Flipper View Post
    Braxton took note of the spell they appeared to cast on the half-elf, trying to see if he recognized it. He then decided it was time to act. He could not in good conscience stay hidden, since it seemed to Braxton that the half-elf likely didn't deserve this, so he climbed up on the mound next to the half-elf, and held up his holy symbol:

"Citizens, I am a Paladin of Gerana, Goddess of Justice! Tell me, what has this half-elf done to you to incur this sort of wrath? Perhaps we can come to some mutual agreement!"

Braxton sincerely hoped this could be resolved peacefully. If nothing else, this might draw attention away from the stealthier members of the group...

Show

Move to O14.
    Spellcraft Check (if not performing too many other actions): [roll0]
    Diplomacy Check (if applicable): [roll1]
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCatBeard View Post
    He whispers to Freya and points to the next mound. She darts there quietly and swiftly. Thinking it is best not to get involved until Braxton's proposal works or fails, Terrach remains hidden, stroking his beard and murmuring a spell, before he quietly drawing his axes.

Show
    Handle Animal (though I don't think I need it with DC 10 to Handle Animal to use a trick of sneak to the next mound): [roll0] to have her move to P7.

Cast Ironbeard on myself, if I can do so while remaining hidden(it has verbal and somatic components, but I can whisper, right?).
    I don' t know, but if I need to, Stealth check to stay hidden if casting hurt my stealth: [roll1]

Then Draw my axes.
    Some of the gathered crowd looked toward each other, uncertain how to act at the new arrival. Braxton towered over the crowd, his holy symbol glinting gently as the torches light reached it. At the mention of his goddess, Gerana, some of the looks grew angry and fearful.

His actions did manage to distract the crowd as Freya darted over to the other mound and Terrach prepared for a fight.

Spoiler: Knowledge Religion DC 20 OR Knowledge History 15
    Show
    Gerana, and Calduane (the country that Braxton is from) are known for their forced conversions during the many border disputes that have occurred in the triangle of land between Calduane, The Freeports and the Lakelands. Small towns were often commandeered as bases and the young men of the villages recruited into manadotory service in the name of Gerana.

The innkeeper stared at Braxton, trying to figure out where he came from. Snapping out of it he pointed at the paladin. "He seeks to prevent your salvation! End him now and return the vessel!" Still staring Braxton down, the innkeeper smirked and gave a quick wave, muttering a few words and then disappearing from sight.

At his disappearance, some of the crowd (already spooked by the appearance of Braxton) dropped whatever shovels, torches or wood they carried and ran.
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-04-11 at 06:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Some of the gathered crowd looked toward each other, uncertain how to act at the new arrival. Braxton towered over the crowd, his holy symbol glinting gently as the torches light reached it. At the mention of his goddess, Gerana, some of the looks grew angry and fearful.

His actions did manage to distract the crowd as Freya darted over to the other mound and Terrach prepared for a fight.

Spoiler: Knowledge Religion DC 20 OR Knowledge History 15
    Show
    Gerana, and Calduane (the country that Braxton is from) are known for their forced conversions during the many border disputes that have occurred in the triangle of land between Calduane, The Freeports and the Lakelands. Small towns were often commandeered as bases and the young men of the villages recruited into manadotory service in the name of Gerana.

The innkeeper stared at Braxton, trying to figure out where he came from. Snapping out of it he pointed at the paladin. "He seeks to prevent your salvation! End him now and return the vessel!" Still staring Braxton down, the innkeeper smirked and gave a quick wave, muttering a few words and then disappearing from sight.

At his disappearance, some of the crowd (already spooked by the appearance of Braxton) dropped whatever shovels, torches or wood they carried and ran.

Spoiler: Escape?
    Show

Will save: (1d20+4)[8]

Spoiler: Knowledge?
    Show

Knowledge (History) (1d20+8)[15]

Laurel remained frozen, but now she appeared nearly as afraid of Braxton as of the angry mob.
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-04-11 at 07:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

What. The. ****?! Zinnia momentarily freezes, trying to make any sort of sense out of this deranged visual.

Nope. Nothing. The only think she can think is that these creepy-ass villagers just did something with burying that woman alive (she shudders at the thought, can practically feel her feathers go white with horror) and then froze her as she tried to flee. Oh, and now that dripping cloaca of an innkeeper threatened her and Braxton. Zinnias not normally one to jump to someone's defense but this is just too much. She breaks cover, a dark flash that blends in with the night, and stands by the woman frozen in place with her daggers out and an intense glare in her shimmering red eyes. Anyone who's trying anything with her is getting a knife to the throat.

Show
    Zinnia is running to guard Laurel and drawing her blades. She is going to ready an action--dagger anyone who attacks or moves to attack her, Braxton, Terrach, Freya, or Laurel.

Knowledge (local): (d20+10)[14]
    Knowledge (history): (d20+3)[18]

Do you want anything else.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2016-04-11 at 08:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

More of the gathered crowd broke ranks and fled at the sight of Zinnia. The remaining crowd drew their daggers and attacked the most recent, understandable threat. They seem rather inexperienced at attacking, more driven by fury than skill. Zinnia manages to dodge all but the last blade as it slices deeply into her arm, removing a few feathers in the process.

Spoiler
    Show
    7:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[14]
    Crit: (1d20+3)[23]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[6]

8:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[12]
    Crit: (1d20+3)[22]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[4]

9:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[10]
    Crit: (1d20+3)[18]

10:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[21] Should be 23 since he is flanking forgot to edit that in.
    Crit: (1d20+3)[15]

One of the men still on the mound held up his symbol again, chanting words while glaring at Braxton.

Spoiler: EVERYONE Roll a will save vs DC 13, look in spoiler if you fail
    Show
    You feel less sure of your own abilities as you combat a feeling of rising dread. -1 to attack rolls and -1 to saves vs fear until stated otherwise.

The other focused on Zinnia, chanting a spitted series of words, apparently annoyed she would dare protect the half-elf woman.
    Spoiler: Zinnia will save vs DC 13, if failed look inside
    Show
    You are filled with a deep sense of dread and are shaken

A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-04-11 at 09:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Well then... Braxton had sincerely hoped to avoid conflict, but it didn't always work out that way. Braxton noticed the men on the other mound continuing to cast spells, and that they seemed more dangerous than the people below, so he took advantage of the high ground to fire above his allies at one of the spell casters.

Show
    Fire shortbow at 19.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[6]
    Crit? (20, x3): (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage: (1d6)[3]

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

14. - Top - End - #44

Deciding that diplomacy has failed, Terrach breaks cover. After calling to Freya and pointing to one of the attackers, he moves within sight of the casters, he stashes his War Axe and instead draws his hammer to hurl at the casters, hoping it hits, despite his unshakable feeling that it will fly off into the woods.

Show
    Just want to make sure I am not overtaking actions:
    Free Action to Handle Freya, due to Link ability (to move, attack, and trip?). Free Action as part of move action to sheathe Axe and draw Hammer (can do two because of two-weapon fighting feat(?)), Move action to P11, then standard action to attack.

Handle animal DC10 (I don't think I need to roll this, since my modifier is +10 for Freya)???

Freya:
    Freya moves to O15 and attacks #10, attempting to trip him.
    Bite
    Attack: (1d20+6)[21]
    Crit?: (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[2]
    Trip-free as part of Bite attack, if bite hits:
    CMB roll: (1d20)[20] :::+4 if I can use dex instead of str in trip CMB, as it is part of a weapon finessed attack? I want to be sure.

Terrach:
    Move to P11.
    Throw Light Hammer at #19:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[4]
    Crit?: (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[6]

15. - Top - End - #45

Both projectiles sent by Braxton and Terrach miss their respective targets. But Freya, with a meow of disdain for the silly bipeds, jumped into the fray. She bit one of the mens ankles, using the pain and her tiny bulk to throw him off balance. She yowled loudly to alert the "to big to eat yet" bird that she had given her a present.

During the commotion a small snake appeared out of nowhere on the grass in front of Terrach, slowly slithering its way toward the dwarf. Once it reached him it opened its mouth wide revealing two sharp pointed fangs. Then it lunged, aiming for his leg.

Spoiler: Terrach
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[17]
    Crit: (1d20+5)[19]
    Damage: (1d2-2)[-1] + DC 9 vs (1d20+7)[9]
    Terrach takes 1 damage

The bite barely slipped past his boot, drawing a little blood from the site of the bite. Terrach feels a slight rush of cold travel up his leg, but it quickly dissipates.

Laurel and Zinnia are up
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-04-16 at 01:03 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Laurel managed to look mildly annoyed at the sounds of fighting behind her. At the very least, she could have been frozen in a position to see what was going on!

Spoiler: Escape?
    Show

Will save: (1d20+4)[14]

Made it! 5 foot step to O12 (moved on map already)
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-04-17 at 04:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

"Ow!" Zinnia easily backsteps and avoids the first few strikes, but the last one catches her by surprise and carves off a few feathers along with leaving a slash on her arm. "You shouldn't have done that!" she caws out as she flings two daggers (which reappear in her belt moments later) into the exposed throat of the person that Freya had pounced and pinned. Fighting with a cat--who would have ever thought it?

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

Attack 1: (d20+8)[26]
    Crit: (d20+10)[29]
    Damage: (d4+5)[9] plus sneak attack: (2d6)[3]
    Crit damage: (d4+5)[6]

Attack 2: (d20+8)[10]
    Crit: (d20+10)[29]
    Damage: (d4+4)[6] plus sneak attack: (2d6)[8]
    Crit damage{ (d4+4)[7]

Note that Zinnia has the bleeding sneak attack rogue talent, so this person takes 2 extra damage (This attack causes the target to take 1 additional point of damage each round for each die of the rogue's sneak attack (e.g., 4d6 equals 4 points of bleed). Bleeding creatures take that amount of damage every round at the start of each of their turns. The bleeding can be stopped by a successful DC 15 Heal check or the application of any effect that heals hit point damage.)

For her debilitating strike she uses bewildered (-2 to AC, -4 against me).

18. - Top - End - #48

The first dagger lodges into place in the man's throat as Laurel stumbles forward finally freed from the spell. The man on the ground spasms a couple times as blood spurts from his throat, dying Freya's fur red in patches. But the man quickly lays still as the bleeding stops. The dagger in his throat disappears, reappearing on Zinnia's belt.

One of the men on the mound stepped forward and touched the unconscious man in front of Zinnia. "<Abyssal>Join me.</Abyssal>"A softly rushing wind sounded and he grinned, looking at the bird in front of him. The unconscious man now lay dead, his face frozen in a look of fear. The man who touched him glows slightly with the stolen lifeforce, but a look of annoyance is evident on his face.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8)[1]

The other man from the mound stepped forward a large grin on his face. Holding his holy symbol up high he chanted a series of words in what sounded like a vengeful prayer. A wave of cold swept through the party, feeling like they had been attacked in their very souls.
    Spoiler: Please roll will save, DC 14 for half damage
    Show
    Damage: (2d6)[7]

Spoiler: DM notes
    Show
    SC 8,9,19 & self
    S: (1d20+1)[11]

The snake that had bitten Terrach shuddered in pain before blinking out of existence.

Next Up: Terrach, Braxton, Freya
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-04-18 at 01:50 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Braxton manages to shrug off some of the attack, but with disgust he looks at the man who stole life from his unconscious ally. Just how evil was this man?

Show
    Detect evil on the aforementioned life stealer.
    Spoiler: Clarification
    Show
    On the Paladin page, it says this about detect evil: "At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell. A paladin can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds. While focusing on one individual or object, the paladin does not detect evil in any other object or individual within range."

It's a bit vague, but am I correct in guessing that the move action they mention is in addition to the standard action the spell typically is? If so, I figure I do not get to attack this turn.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by Table Flipper View Post
    Show
    Detect evil on the aforementioned life stealer.
    Spoiler: Clarification
    Show
    On the Paladin page, it says this about detect evil: "At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell. A paladin can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds. While focusing on one individual or object, the paladin does not detect evil in any other object or individual within range."

It's a bit vague, but am I correct in guessing that the move action they mention is in addition to the standard action the spell typically is? If so, I figure I do not get to attack this turn.
    Spoiler: Table
    Show
    either as spell for multiple or on 1 creature as a move action

21. - Top - End - #51

Seeing the snake in front of him vanish, and hearing Freya's cry, Terrach calls: "Freya, to me!" This way he could better protect her. Together, they move to one of the spell casters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Freya moves to K11, moving around, so as not to get to close (provoke AOO's).
    Terrach moves to L11 (provoking AOO from 8. Maybe from 20??? I don't know if that happens, since I am attacking 20). Both attack #20

We're still getting -1 on all attacks, I believe.

Freya
    Bite Attack: (1d20+6)[7]
    Crit?: (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[5]

Trip, CMB roll: (1d20+4)[14]

Terrach
    Main Hand
    Attack: (1d20+4)[8]
    Crit?: (1d20+4)[12]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[9]

Off-hand
    Attack: (1d20+5)[20]
    Crit?: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]

22. - Top - End - #52

As Terrach passed by the two men they used the opportunity to strike out at him.

Spoiler: Attack of Opportunities
    Show
    8:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[19]
    Crit: (1d20+3)[19]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[3]

20: You do move out of a threatened square he is threatening.
    Attack: (1d20+3)[5]
    Crit: (1d20+3)[14]
    Damage: (1d6)[2]

His blows hit at the same time as Braxton's leaving the man injured but alive.

Spoiler: Braxton
    Show
    You can see a moderate aura of evil coming from 19

Spoiler: Attack on Braxton
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+7)[18]
    Crit: (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage: (1d10)[1]

A bolt flew from seemingly nowhere, flying toward Braxton. Slowly the innkeeper dissolved into view, clearly crossbow in hand.

Both men in front of Zinnia stabbed at her again, the one further south stepping next to his comrade.

Spoiler: Totally forgot 8 and 9, so they go now
    Show
    Also I forgot but Coffee remembering that throwing a dagger from now on will attract an attack of opportunity.

8:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[11]
    Crit: (1d20+3)[6]

9:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[12]
    Crit: (1d20+3)[13]

Next Up: Laurel and Zinnia

Initiative Order:
    C 19-20
    Terrach, Braxton, Freya
    FT 7-10
    Innkeeper
    Laurel, Zinnia
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-04-18 at 11:11 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Zinnia stares in horror as the man sucks the life out of the person she killed and another one lashes out at her with something she can't see but still makes her feel sick and cold inside. "What the **** are you?!" she asks--part to them, part to Laurel, and part rhetorically. No way in hell is she letting them anywhere near that girl now. "Somebody immobilize them!" she shouts as she steps back and flings two more daggers at the man who stole the life from his ally.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    5 foot step back then attack creepy life sucking guy with two flung daggers. Unless that provokes an AoO, in which case stab twice without throwing the daggers, THEN step back. Either way, I sadly don't get sneak attack.

Attack 1: (d20+6)[7]
    Crit confirm: (d20+6)[16] actuall +8 but doesn't matter
    Damage: (d4+5)[9]
    Crit damage: (d4+5)[6]

Attack 2: (d20+6)[20]
    Crit confirm: (d20+6)[7] Actually +8 but doesn't matter
    Damage: (d4+4)[8]
    Crit damage: (d4+4)[6]
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2016-04-19 at 11:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Laurel watched the man suck the life out of his companion with surprise. Necromancy? Here? She turned tail and fled, shuddering slightly at the thought of someone using such a thing on her.

She stopped behind the noisy paladin, being fairly sure his side was a little less likely to kill her to death with evil magic. Besides, the mound provided a bit of cover.

Show

Move action to R15, enter total defense for a +4 dodge bonus to AC, for a total AC of 16.

25. - Top - End - #55

The man in front of Terrach stepped back and laid a hand on the man next to him, clutching his holy symbol tightly. The man he touch raised his symbol to the air and spoke the same chant the party had . Again, waves of cold swept through the party.

Spoiler: Damage Will Save DC 14 for half damage
    Show
    Damage: (2d6)[8]
    Spoiler: DM Notes
    Show
    SC 8,9,20 & self (20)
    19 healing 20 for (1d8+3)[7]

26. - Top - End - #56

As another wave of cold pain broke on them, Terrach fears for Freya. Touching his belt, he lets loose a strong dose of the energy stored within. Desperate to stop the chilling waves, the two move to surround the source of them.

Show
    Use belt of healing (2 charges) on Freya: (3d8)[5]
    Handle Animal check, DC12: (1d20+10)[20]
    Freya moves to J14, Terrach clambers up the mound to K12.
    Freya strikes, trying to prevent further attacks
    Bite Attack: (1d20+6)[16]
    Crit?: (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4]

Trip: (1d20+4)[7]

27. - Top - End - #57

Braxton shakes off some of the attack once again, but decides it's time to close the gap. Sensing the evil coming from the life-stealer, he draws his warhammer and calls: "Gerana! Lend me strength to combat this evil!" He then closes to melee (using his mobility to avoid the peasant) and attacks.

Show
    Spoiler: Smite Evil
    Show
    Swift action. Adds charisma bonus to attack and damage rolls against target of smite (19) if said target is evil. Also adds charisma bonus to AC when defending from attacks of target.

Move to L14. My increased movement from not wearing armor should allow me to move to row 15 (diagonally) to avoid AoO from 9. Attack 19 with warhammer.

Attack: (1d20+9)[22] (+2 more if I am in fact flanking, I think? I don't know if I am, though)
    Crit? (20, x3): (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[11]

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

28. - Top - End - #58

Spoiler
    Show
    Freya was flanking so +2
    Same for Braxton

Freya barely managed to bite through the mans pants, cutting into his ankle. Meanwhile Braxton's blow caught the man in front of him off guard, sending him collapsing to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will post attacks later tonight

29. - Top - End - #59

The innkeeper knelt down, cranking a winch to reload his crossbow.

The two still living dagger wielder's again lunged forward to attack Zinnia.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    8:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[7]
    Crit: (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[5]

9:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[8]
    Crit: (1d20+3)[19]

Now Up: Laurel, Zinnia

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Laurel thought about running, but stopped when she heard Freya make pitiful kitten noises when hit by the enemy's magic. She couldn't let them kill a defenseless little cat. She had standards.

Laurel ran closer to the fighting, winding up next to the poor little kitty who... Wasn't very little after all. Perspective was weird sometimes.

Spoiler
    Show

Actions: double move action to I15- I cannot alter the map from my phone, but I will do it when I get home. Map updated
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-04-22 at 01:27 PM.