New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: New Friends, No Axes IC

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    As Laurel fiddled with the knife she managed to cut her bonds. They loosed perceptibly, but Laurel could tell it would take a few more seconds to completely free herself from the layers of rope without further damaging her wrists which were looking rather chapped and coarse.
    Laurel frees her hands as quickly as possible. She immediately uses them to make a very rude gesture at the inkeeper, then rubs her wrists, wincing and probably making it worse.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Braxton continues his attack.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Attack innkeeper with warhammer.

Attack: (1d20+6)[18]
    Crit? (20, x3): (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[8]

Spoiler: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Show
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ \\('0')// ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES!
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Grinding her beak in frustration, Zinnia lashes out again. "You have the worst food I've ever tasted, and I've eaten week-old carrion!"

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1: (d20+8)[25]
    Crit 1: (d20+11)[21]
    Damage: (d4+5)[8] plus sneak attack: (2d6)[9]
    Crit damage: (d4+5)[9]

Attack 2: (d20+8)[20]
    Crit 2: (d20+11)[14]
    Damage: (d4+5)[8] plus sneak attack: (2d6)[5]
    Crit damage: (d4+5)[7]

Add 2 bleed damage from the bleeding attack rogue talent.
    Debilitating injury: Bewildered (-2 to AC, -4 AC from Zinnia's attacks)
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2016-06-03 at 03:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

As the man tried to stem the bleeding that Freya opened up in his leg, Braxton's hammer came down, snapping the bones of his arm. He started to topple forward when out of the flickering light a black shape darted forward.

SLASH! SLASH! The movements were almost too quick to see. Zinnia's blades retreated, dripping blood that still was warm if anyone had the nerve to touch it. The innkeeper looked startled, now falling backwards from the force of the blows. A clean X across his chest revealed more of the blood now spilling onto the grass outside the circle of mounds. He was dead before he hit the ground, his eyes wide open as if shocked at his own mortality.

Combat is over
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

5. - Top - End - #95

"Knew I didn't like that guy, but the whole darn town? What a messed up place." Terrach kneels and examines Freya's scratch. It was a minor cut and she is already licking it clean, so he decides to leave her to tend to it as she seems to have it under control. He gives her a few strokes of her back before yelling to the half-elf. "Oi, you, how long did those bastards keep you down there?"

6. - Top - End - #96

Braxton looked at the innkeeper and shook his head in pity. What had driven him, and the whole town, to such madness?

He went over to the half-elf and offered her his waterskin and one of his trail rations. "Please, take these. My name is Braxton, by the way. What is your name?"

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SirCatBeard View Post
    He gives her a few strokes of her back before yelling to the half-elf. "Oi, you, how long did those bastards keep you down there?"
    Laurel pushes her tangled blonde hair out of her eyes and clears her throat before replying. "Weeks? Months? I have no idea. Long enough they were surprised to see me alive and kicking." As bad as she looks, Laurel sounds (and smells) much worse. In comparison, her clothing is shockingly clean and unwrinkled.

Quote Originally Posted by Table Flipper View Post

He went over to the half-elf and offered her his waterskin and one of his trail rations. "Please, take these. My name is Braxton, by the way. What is your name?"
    She warily snatches the waterskin and takes a long drink before replying. "I'm Laurel. Thank you for... You know. Getting all paladin-y or whatever you call it." As she talks, she walks over to the cleric that had so insulted her and begins pawing through his things. "A whole squad of Paladins, out here in the sticks... Who would have thought? I can heal you a little, if you're interested. Looks like your kitten needs it, but you might want to know that I'm with Fharlanghn. I don't know if your God would be okay with that.

8. - Top - End - #98

As Laurel went through the bodies she felt the bodies click slightly as she revealed chainmail under their clothing. The innkeeper had some items tucked into the pockets of his clothing as well as all the weapons. Laurel specifically noticed a nice ring on the innkeeper's finger.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As Laurel went through the bodies she felt the bodies click slightly as she revealed chainmail under their clothing. The innkeeper had some items tucked into the pockets of his clothing as well as all the weapons. Laurel specifically noticed a nice ring on the innkeeper's finger.
    Laurel tosses the mystery ring to Braxton and picks up the unholy symbol, holding it at arms length as if it might bite her.
    Spoiler:
    Show

It's probably best to know which gods we've made enemies of.
    Holy symbol belongs to whom?

Knowledge (religion): (1d20+6)[20]

"Looks like I've made enemies of... an elemental mush. Never seen anything like it before, except in this one old book." She traces the elements with one finger. "Air, fire, earth, water, ancient signs all mushed together like they're melting." She suddenly looks up at the party, as if remembering she has an audience. "Whatever new or ancient religion this is, they probably don't like you too much either."
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-06-05 at 12:13 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    Laurel tosses the mystery ring to Braxton and picks up the unholy symbol, holding it at arms length as if it might bite her.
    Spoiler:
    Show

It's probably best to know which gods we've made enemies of.
    Holy symbol belongs to whom?

Knowledge (religion): [roll0]

"Looks like I've made enemies of... an elemental mush. Never seen anything like it before, except in this one old book." She traces the elements with one finger. "Air, fire, earth, water, ancient signs all mushed together like they're melting." She suddenly looks up at the party, as if remembering she has an audience. "Whatever new or ancient religion this is, they probably don't like you too much either."
    "An elemental religion, huh? Well, I don't much care for them, either, based on what I've seen here today. Gerana will guide me. By the way, why did these people consider you an enemy of their faith in the first place, if you don't mind my asking."
    Last edited by Table Flipper; 2016-06-05 at 01:51 PM.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"An elemental religion, huh? Well, I don't much care for them, either, based on what I've seen here today. Gerana will guide me. By the way, why did these people consider you an enemy of their faith in the first place, if you don't mind my asking."
    "The funny thing is, I was trying to help them. Heal their injured." Laurel laughs, perhaps a little hysterically. "And then they put me in the ground." She rubs at her wrists again. "We should go. I assume we're near the town? People don't tend to like it when someone kills half of the population."
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-06-05 at 04:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Zinnia, crouched with her arms out and gripping her blades in a backwards grip, watches the man fall with a glint of satisfaction in her wild red eyes. She stands up and tosses the daggers into the air, letting them blinck back onto her belt as she kicks the man's body over to spit in his face. "Good riddance."

Laurel pushes her tangled blonde hair out of her eyes and clears her throat before replying. "Weeks? Months? I have no idea. Long enough they were surprised to see me alive and kicking." As bad as she looks, Laurel sounds (and smells) much worse. In comparison, her clothing is shockingly clean and unwrinkled.
    Zinnia blinks, then blinks rapidly again. "Wait, what? Did you just say weeks or months? How in the world are you still alive?"

"Well I don't like people who bury others alive and do whatever creepy guano that was back there either," Zinnia says with folded arms. She then pauses, as if remembering her manners, and sticks out one feathered taloned (and bleeding) hand. "I'm Zinnia by the way. Do you think you could spare a bit of healing for me too?"

"The funny thing is, I was trying to help them. Heal their injured." Laurel laughs, perhaps a little hysterically. "And then they put me in the ground." She rubs at her wrists again. "We should go. I assume we're near the town? People don't tend to like it when someone kills half of the population."
    "Good riddance to this place and please, keep going. I want to feel as good as possible about that kill."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Zinnia blinks, then blinks rapidly again. "Wait, what? Did you just say weeks or months? How in the world are you still alive?"
    Laurel looks at Zinnia as if she doesn't quite understand what the bird-woman is saying. "Magic?"

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post

"Well I don't like people who bury others alive and do whatever creepy guano that was back there either," Zinnia says with folded arms. She then pauses, as if remembering her manners, and sticks out one feathered taloned (and bleeding) hand. "I'm Zinnia by the way. Do you think you could spare a bit of healing for me too?"
    Laurel takes Zinnia's feathered hand in her own grimy one and shakes it enthusiastically. "Certainly. I'll warn you though, I'm not very good."

Spoiler: Healing
    Show

Healing: (1d8+4)[6]
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-06-05 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Broken Quotes

14. - Top - End - #104

She warily snatches the waterskin and takes a long drink before replying. "I'm Laurel. Thank you for... You know. Getting all paladin-y or whatever you call it." As she talks, she walks over to the cleric that had so insulted her and begins pawing through his things. "A whole squad of Paladins, out here in the sticks... Who would have thought? I can heal you a little, if you're interested. Looks like your kitten needs it, but you might want to know that I'm with Fharlanghn. I don't know if your God would be okay with that.
    Terrach looks up from Freya again. "We ain't paladins, just him. It was just a small scratch, though that was close before", he leans in towards Freya and gives her chin and cheek a scratch. She looks up from her wound and stares back at him.you know I'll always protect you.

She should be fine, but if you have some extra, I'm sure we both would be thankful."

Spoiler
    Show
    She's at 14/15. He is at 25/39, but will not request healing, especially while Freya is injured, if only slightly. He is only saying he would be thankful for healing her. He'll deal.

"An elemental mush? What a weird name. A blending of earth, fire, air, and water, you say. Sounds beautiful, pity they're such sick jerks. Bury someone alive for healing people! What did they even hope to accomplish??? Braxton, any clue what that ritual was about?"

At the laugh, Terrach gives Laurel a skeptical look. "You were down there a while, messed with your head a bit."

"We have some stuff back at that bastard's 'inn'. Hmm, wonder how much the rest of the town knows."

As the party looks at the ring and other loot, Terrach remembers the wand in his pack and fishes it out, tossing it over towards Laurel and Braxton. "We got a wand here to identify stuff, but I've got no clue how to use it. Maybe one of you can make it work?"
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2016-06-05 at 10:12 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Terrach looks up from Freya again. "We ain't paladins, just him. It was just a small scratch, though that was close before", he leans in towards Freya and gives her chin and cheek a scratch. She looks up from her wound and stares back at him.you know I'll always protect you.

She should be fine, but if you have some extra, I'm sure we both would be thankful."

Spoiler
    Show
    She's at 14/15. He is at 25/39, but will not request healing, especially while Freya is injured, if only slightly. He is only saying he would be thankful for healing her. He'll deal.

Laurel looks up in surprise. "Not all Paladins? Are you particularly devout faithful then?" She bends down and pats Freya on the head, closing her scratch, and offers a hand to the Dwarf.

Show

Healing Freya: (1d8+4)[8]
    Healing Terrach: (1d8+4)[12]

Laurel can't heal Terrach, Freya, or Zinnia any more today.

"An elemental mush? What a weird name. A blending of earth, fire, air, and water, you say. Sounds beautiful, pity they're such sick jerks. Bury someone alive for healing people! What did they even hope to accomplish??? Braxton, any clue what that ritual was about?"

At the laugh, Terrach gives Laurel a skeptical look. "You were down there a while, messed with your head a bit."

"We have some stuff back at that bastard's 'inn'. Hmm, wonder how much the rest of the town knows."
    She shifts from one foot to the other. "If we're going back to the 'inn', could we please look for my things too? There's my holy symbol, and a little bag that's particularly important to me. It's blue." One hand goes to her throat as if searching for a necklace or medallion that just isn't there.

As the party looks at the ring and other loot, Terrach remembers the wand in his pack and fishes it out, tossing it over towards Laurel and Braxton. "We got a wand here to identify stuff, but I've got no clue how to use it. Maybe one of you can make it work?"
    Laurel snatches the wand from Terrach and smacks it against her palm a few times before pointing it at the items.
    "Healing potion....crazy wizard rope stuff..." she points it at the ring and frowns, shaking the wand vigorously before continuing. ""Sorry, thought it was like mine. It's to protect you in a fight."

16. - Top - End - #106

Laurel looks up in surprise. "Not all Paladins? Are you particularly devout faithful then?" She bends down and pats Freya on the head, closing her scratch, and offers a hand to the Dwarf.

She shifts from one foot to the other. "If we're going back to the 'inn', could we please look for my things too? There's my holy symbol, and a little bag that's particularly important to me. It's blue." One hand goes to her throat as if searching for a necklace or medallion that just isn't there.

Laurel snatches the wand from Terrach and smacks it against her palm a few times before pointing it at the items.
    "Healing potion....crazy wizard rope stuff..." she points it at the ring and frowns, shaking the wand vigorously before continuing. ""Sorry, thought it was like mine. It's to protect you in a fight."
    He keeps his hand on Freya to assure her that Laurel won't hurt her. As her scratch closes, she stares at it for a moment then bats playfully at Laurel's receding hand."See, now you're all better, my sweet.

"Devout? Faithful? Hmph, I'm faithful to myself, Freya, and nature's beauty. That's it." Terrach grabs the ring and tries to secure it on Freya's tail. "There, perfect. Now it will keep you safe." He explains, proudly. Annoyed, Freya flicks her tail and the ring flies off. Terrach chuckles and gets up to retrieve the ring and his lost hammer. He places the ring back in the pile of things. "Well, if she won't wear it, we don't need it. I get along fine." He says as his beard begins to melt back into normal, non-metallic hair.

17. - Top - End - #107

"And I'm typically wearing armor during combat, so I should be able to do without the ring as well. Anyway, I'm ready to head back and get everyone's stuff when other people are." He turns to Laurel. "I don't know if you stayed there at all before all this, but I suspect the innkeeper probably stored your stuff there anyway."

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"And I'm typically wearing armor during combat, so I should be able to do without the ring as well. Anyway, I'm ready to head back and get everyone's stuff when other people are." He turns to Laurel. "I don't know if you stayed there at all before all this, but I suspect the innkeeper probably stored your stuff there anyway."
    "That... idiot charged me five silvers for the slop he called porridge. I was not about to see how much a room was. Laurel smiles. "The soup wasn't half bad, though. I could use some of that. And a bath.

19. - Top - End - #109

As the group approaches the inn, the sky is still dark overhead. The entrance is still wide open from their exit. None of the items left in the room are disturbed, indeed everything is just how it was left. Zinnia, Terrach and Laurel all see a door leading to the back of the building, to where the kitchen is.
    The silence is nearly as disturbing as the darkness. Laurel's items are nowhere in sight.

20. - Top - End - #110

"No one here. Guess the rest of the town is still sleeping." Terrach checks behind the counter for anything of value before opening the door to the kitchen. "Well, we should at least be able to get our money back. Now what else is this guy hiding...."
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2016-06-06 at 09:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"No one here. Guess the rest of the town is still sleeping." Terrach checks behind the counter for anything of value before opening the door to the kitchen. "Well, we should at least be able to get our money back. Now what else is this guy hiding...."
    Laurel barges past Terrach through the kitchen door before the dwarf even has the chance to fully open it. She begins tearing through the room like a whirlwind, dumping out drawers onto the floor and upending jars in an attempt to find anything edible or of value as quickly as possible.

22. - Top - End - #112

As Terrach and Laurel enter the kitchen they notice the light red embers under a large pot of what smells like the same oatmeal that was served early. The pot is cooled now and on prodding the oatmeal jiggles back and forth. Three doors (other than the one to the main hall) lead out of the kitchen. One in the back is propped open and the faint shape of an outhouse is visible. The other two are along the same wall and are tightly closed. One of the doors also has a lock.

Laurel's frantic search reveals little, it is obvious that the innkeeper did not keep food sitting on the counters and the knives and other cooking instruments are old and worn.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As Terrach and Laurel enter the kitchen they notice the light red embers under a large pot of what smells like the same oatmeal that was served early. The pot is cooled now and on prodding the oatmeal jiggles back and forth. Three doors (other than the one to the main hall) lead out of the kitchen. One in the back is propped open and the faint shape of an outhouse is visible. The other two are along the same wall and are tightly closed. One of the doors also has a lock.

Laurel's frantic search reveals little, it is obvious that the innkeeper did not keep food sitting on the counters and the knives and other cooking instruments are old and worn.
    Laurel kicks the implements lying on the floor in some frustration before crossing over to the cauldron, sticking one hand in and ripping off a chunk which wobbles unpleasantly once separated. She looks at the rest of the party. "Does anyone have lockpicks? Most people seem to keep their valuables behind locked doors." Laurel takes a bite of the oatmeal, struggling to chew as it has mostly turned itself into glue, then opens the closed, not obviously locked door.

24. - Top - End - #114

As Laurel opens the unlocked door she sees a pantry filled with boxes of oats, some cheap slabs of meat and the occasional vegetable. It is rather sparse and some of the shelves are dusty.

25. - Top - End - #115

Laurel looks at Zinnia as if she doesn't quite understand what the bird-woman is saying. "Magic?"
    "There's magic that can do that?"

Laurel takes Zinnia's feathered hand in her own grimy one and shakes it enthusiastically. "Certainly. I'll warn you though, I'm not very good."

Show

Zinnia sighs in relief as some of her wounds close. "Better than nothing. Thanks." Whenever Laurel isn't looking, she frowns at her feathers, now covered in an unidentifiable substance, and wipes her hand on the side of her tunic.

"That... idiot charged me five silvers for the slop he called porridge. I was not about to see how much a room was. Laurel smiles. "The soup wasn't half bad, though. I could use some of that. And a bath.
    "More if you're a Tengu and not worth it either way," Zinnia says as she follows the cleric inside. "Speaking of which, does that ring work on top of armor?"

"I say we charge interest for all the suffering that innkeeper has forced us through," Zinnia adds as she passes by the paste-like oatmeal, flaring her beak in disgust at the mere smell of it. The moment Laurel rips off a piece of oatmeal that wobbles and doesn't even have the decency to act like a fluid and ooze, Zinnia picks up the whole pot, strides over to the outhose, kicks open the door, and drops the pot down the hole. "You'd thank me if you tried that slop," she adds.

Laurel kicks the implements lying on the floor in some frustration before crossing over to the cauldron, sticking one hand in and ripping off a chunk which wobbles unpleasantly once separated. She looks at the rest of the party. "Does anyone have lockpicks? Most people seem to keep their valuables behind locked doors." Laurel takes a bite of the oatmeal, struggling to chew as it has mostly turned itself into glue, then opens the closed, not obviously locked door.
    "Allow me," the tengu says as she takes out her tools and begins fiddling with the lock. "I never really got that either. I mean, it's not like a lock is watching it for them, or even borrowing it. Ah well, it's still good for exercising my brain and talons."

Spoiler: Disable Device
    Show
    Take 20 for 33.

26. - Top - End - #116

The lock clicks open and a small bedroom is revealed. The bed is smaller than the ones in the room rented by the group. There is a small chest at the foot of the bed that reveals a few changes of basic clothing. A bookshelf stands at the far wall.

Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    Perception and if Knowledge (Architecture/Engineering) is TRAINED roll that as well

27. - Top - End - #117

Terrach walks into the now open room and examines its contents, specifically the bookshelf at the far end. "What creepy books would a guy like this even read? Why would he have a full bookshelf when he has such an involved pastime as burying people alive?"

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+8)[15]

28. - Top - End - #118

"Do you really want to know the answer to that question?" Zinnia asks as she peeks inside the room.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (d20+11)[25] She's also looking for traps.

29. - Top - End - #119

The bookshelf looks mostly empty, with few untouched dusty lumps of beeswax, a couple sheets of paper and an untouched cookbook

Spoiler: Zinnia
    Show
    You spot a are of the floor in an arc from the bookshelf that has some of the grime much more scraped away than the other sections.

30. - Top - End - #120

"Wait." Zinnia holds out a hand and carefully steps into the room. "Do you see that spot by the bookcase? It looks a lot cleaner than the rest of the floor." she walks over to it, crouches over the clean spot. She spends a few minutes regarding it thoughtfully, then reaches her talons into a secret latch.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2016-06-07 at 07:39 PM.