New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Top 10 Favorite Video Games of all time!

I have to congratulate all the people with TIE Fighter on their lists. It has been a long time, but even with a joystick (connecting through a serial port in those pre-USB days) I never quite got the hang of those controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentreto View Post
    Kudos to those who remember Mystic Quest or Gladius, both of which no one has ever heard of.
    Mystic quest also gets a mention for the hardest puzzle in a game I have seen. It took me 10 years to figure it out. Why yes, I did play a Gameboy game for that long; it was that good.
    Have you had the chance to try the latest re-release, Adventures of Mana?

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    In the US the game called "Final Fantasy Adventure" was the first of the Seiken Densetsu series (of which "Secret of Mana" was the second.) The US has Final Fantasy Mysic Quest. It was a much... different, and IMO far worse game that was on the SNES. So your comment confused me until Wikipedia came to the rescue.
    If you cannot find something to like about the gameplay of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, you may still find something to like in its music. Even its main battle theme, despite hearing it over and over again, rocked too much to be tiresome for me. There are some good covers of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentreto View Post
    ...and Metroid 2.
    If you haven't already checked it out, you may be interested in Another Metroid 2 Remake. This is the 25th anniversary of Metroid II: Return of Samus, so I'm kinda hoping there will be a special AM2R update for it at some point.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ah yes...wonderful memories

In mostly top to bottom order

1. Falcon 4.0
    2. Rowan's Battle of Britian (1000+ aircraft in the sky...YESSSSS)
    3. Dark Age of Camelot
    4. Rome- Total War (made my boys HUGE Roman/Greek history fans)
    5. Xcom: UFO Defense/Terror from the Deep
    6. Battlefront's Combat Mission Series (No seriously EVERY FREAKING ONE OF THEM)
    7. Call of Duty 2 (The one with the Normandy Beach Mission)
    8. Civ IV
    9. Morrowind
    10. Skyrim
    Last edited by Jonzac; 2016-05-02 at 09:36 AM.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... well lets see.

10: Persona 3
    9: .hack//G.U. (Trilogy, can't really pinpoint a single one)
    8: Darksiders 2 (RIP THQ...)
    7: Secret of Mana
    6: Final Fantasy 7/Final Fantasy 10
    5: Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne
    4: Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (really, the entire series, but that was my fav out of the series)
    3: Chrono Trigger
    2: Dark Souls
    1: Legend of Zelda (another series, but Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are the top 2)

Honorable Mention: Legend of the Dragoon. VERY good game, just not quite enough to make the list.

Edit: Wow can't tell I'm an RPG fan.....
    Last edited by Antonok; 2016-05-02 at 09:51 AM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

This is absurdly difficult. Could easily write Top 10 per genre and have them all be relatively close. I guess I'll have to leave out many of my semi-favorites... Let's see now:

10. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    9. TIE Fighter
    8. Jagged Alliance 2
    7. Grim Fandango
    6. The Witcher
    5. Master of Orion 2
    4. Chrono Trigger
    3. Alpha Centauri
    2. Brood War
    1. Baldur's Gate Trilogy

...and now my list is missing stuff like Civilization 4, UFO: Enemy Unknown, X-Com: Apocalypse, X-Wing Alliance, I-War, Mass Effect 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Falcon 4.0, Megaman 2, Planescape: Torment, Medieval: Total War, Rome: Total War, Hearts of Iron 2, Half-Life, HoMM 2, Freescape 2, Panzer General, Close Combat 2, Shandalar, Master of Magic, Homeworld, C&C: Tiberian Dawn, Defcon, Final Fantasy 6, Seiken Densetsu 3, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Fallout 2, Hitman, Thief: A Dark Project... And that's just the very best right off the top of my head. I think I've played a bit too much.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-05-02 at 10:13 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

In no particular order:

Portal
    Morrowind
    Dark Souls
    Civilization IV
    Diablo 2
    Path of Exile
    We Love Katamari
    Final Fantasy VIII (yes, VIII - maybe the nostalgia goggles talking...)
    Might & Magic VII
    Heroes of Might & Magic III

I'm bound to have missed some that should be there...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindale View Post
    Final Fantasy VIII (yes, VIII - maybe the nostalgia goggles talking...)
    This would be one of my favorites (not only in the series, but like ever) were it not for 2 things: using magic takes away from your junctions, and the fact that the baddies level up with you.

Also, looking back at my list... I played a lot of old games. I mean, I started when I was ~4 on the NES. Went through Sega Genesis, SNES, 32X, etc. But somehow those didn't make it on the list.

I know! Phantasy Star IV. Mmm, 'das nice.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #37

I did a list already, but just remembered Cortex Command, quite a good do what ya want game.

Have you had the chance to try the latest re-release, Adventures of Mana?
    I have, though I liked mystic quest more due to a surprisingly good and dark story, and the music. Endless battlefield is incredible!
    Also, the previous remake wasn't great...

Man I forgot about pkmn mystery dungeon. No matter how many times I play those games and know whats coming the endings still make me cry
    I know. All have good stories and the world is surprisingly dark, having 4 apocalyptic events in more or less a lifetime. Though the only twist that got me was in 4. You know the one.

Spoiler: Massive spoiler for super mystery dungeon
    Show
    When it turns out MEW is your partner! Then goes into the light instead of you. Bait and switch...
    Last edited by Tentreto; 2016-05-02 at 10:43 AM.
    King of Caligonia in Empire 3. Crusaded into the sunset

Played as The Whitefeather Kingdom in Empire 4. Flew too close to the sun

Played as the Duenem in Empire 5. Ordered a God to stand down, and kept a contingency ready...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Ooh, fun. The games I've had the most fun with:

1: Chrono Trigger
    2: Mega Man 3
    3: Final Fantasy IV
    4: Heroes of Might and Magic III
    5: Fallout 2
    6: Super Metroid
    7: Perfect Dark
    8: Dragon Quest IX
    9: Diablo II
    10: Dark Souls

If we were just ranking series, I'd have to throw the Disgaea series on here too.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    If we were just ranking series, I'd have to throw the Disgaea series on here too.
    Seconded. I've only played III and IV (want to do the rest... just hasn't happened yet), and had tremendous amounts of fun with them. Individually, not my favorite games ever.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    Ooh, fun. The games I've had the most fun with:

1: Chrono Trigger
    2: Mega Man 3
    3: Final Fantasy IV
    4: Heroes of Might and Magic III
    5: Fallout 2
    6: Super Metroid
    7: Perfect Dark
    8: Dragon Quest IX
    9: Diablo II
    10: Dark Souls

You, sir, have very good taste.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Thing is that if you remove the nostalgia filter, a lot of the games you loved are crap. They simply have aged horribly.
    That said, with Nostalgia Filter ON:

1. ME3
    2. ME2
    3. Baldur's Gate II
    4. Roller coaster Tycoon 2
    5. Transport Tycoon
    6. The Summer Games / Winter Games franchise
    7. Ghosts n Goblins
    8. Pac Man
    9. The Great American Cross Country Road Race
    10. Exploding Fist

...What? Me old?
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Also in no particular order.
    And I haven't replayed some in a very long time to see how I feel about them now, so there is some nostalgia glasses on a bit (but favorite games is pretty much what you had the most fun with and that is contemporary)

Fallout 2 (and a lesser extent 1)
    Privateer 2 (and a lesser extent 1)
    Mass Effect (series)
    Borderlands (series)
    Quest for Glory (series)
    Dark Age of Camelot
    SimCity 2000/3000
    Puzzles and Dragons (wasn't sure to list this, but I've been playing for almost 3 years and given them more money than maybe any other game)
    Diablo 3 (not sure if I want to list this, but we're having a lot of fun with it right now)
    Portal 1&2
    EVE (I didn't actually play this that long, and actually there was quite a bit about it that just didn't fit with me, but the sheer depth and design of the game has always keep me interested. It is the only MMO I've ever went back to after quitting and I do still follow up on occasionally)

Going to put an honorably mention to:
    Armored Core and MechWarrior. Going to put them together because of how I think of them. I really enjoyed the Armored Core games and while they play different they have a similar design. I played MechWarrior some (but not a lot, computer wasn't good enough when it came out) but I didn't really come to appreciate it until much later after I played BattleTech as a TT game and read some of the novels.
    Techmo's Deception. Really loved the idea and played quite a few versions of it. Really a unique niche game that I enjoyed and very few people have tried anything similar.
    Mortal Realms - a MUD. I didn't play a whole lot of different MUDs but I don't think it was anything revolutionary in the space, but I spent several years of high school playing it (on a very slow dial-up modem that connected to a library text based web browser, it was about the only thing I could do with that connection)

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Thing is that if you remove the nostalgia filter, a lot of the games you loved are crap. They simply have aged horribly.
    That's actually an interesting question: it certainly depends on what you value in a game too. Graphics is the one constant that has been constantly improving over the decades. However, if you are just as happy playing an ASCII game as you are playing Myst, chances are that's not going to weight an awful lot in your scales. Provided you're e.g. a gameplay or story enthusiast, it's fully possible that the classics have yet to be toppled in this era of burger games made to please the greatest common denominator. Certainly, the flaws in every game become apparent over decades to even the most diehard of fans, but I posit that they can still be the best in what they offer if they have to be supplanted (or their descendants flopped á la MoO3/SC2/Tiberian Sun/etc.).

E.g. the only meaningful challenger for the throne held by Baldur's Gate Trilogy is Pillars of Eternity; the genre has basically received no new games for a long time as developers departed from the model of character-driven story-based RPGs with a proper degree of polish (and some latter entries were sadly half-assed products).
    Same would apply to space simulators: TIE Fighter still holds its own though X-Wing Alliance and the non-Hollands takes in Freespace and I-War also stand tall. And actually, it's true with adventure games too - the genre has been all but dead until the Indie Revolution and so far I haven't found anything matching the writing of the Lucas Arts golden age (I'll freely admit I haven't played everything in existence though).
    And with TBS, while the recent Civilizations have been interesting, I still don't think Alpha Centauri has been toppled (though give Beyond the Earth some expansions and we'll see).
    RTS, likewise true with Brood War. If I want to play an RTS polished to perfection, that's probably still what I'll boot up.
    Fighting games are a bit of an interesting class: the best ones tend to be born as accidents since they're generally not designed for the competitive market but that's where they'll be pushed to the limit and age. It certainly wouldn't be hard to make more 3rd Strikes but 3rd Strike wasn't really a commercial success.

But overall, point being, it's not necessarily just nostalgia goggles, though they certainly always play a part. Props for naming Transport Tycoon by the way; we're still playing it on'n'off with friends in OpenTTD - one of those ageless games that's always just as awesome.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-05-02 at 04:28 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

I wasn't a huge fan of myst. It seemed like their puzzles were ever so hit and miss. Some of them were very thought provoking, but then some of them were absolute wastes of time. They were easy, but they just took forever to actually get to the solving portion.

D on the other hand, for the Sega Saturn, was a damn good game. While the puzzles were not especially hard, the atmosphere and the dynamic between the girl and her father were interesting. Then there's the part where you unlock all of her flash backs for some creepy times. Myst didn't have the creep factor, in fact, it didn't have much of anything other than some pretty cool backgrounds and interesting looking machinery.

As far as puzzle/riddle games go, it's hard to find the best one since they all have their own certain type of charm.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    (or their descendants flopped á la SC2).
    Okay, so it's not as knife-edge balanced as Brood War. It still has a much smoother interface.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

10: Unreal Tournament 2004
    9: Dungeon Keeper 2
    8: Spec Ops the Line
    7: Portal 1&2
    6: Sacrifice
    5: Civilization 5
    4: The Secret World
    3: Transistor
    2: Psychonauts
    1: Planescape: Torment

Overwatch is going to get an honorable mention. In the short time that I've been playing it I can see myself getting tons of hours of fun out of it.
    Last edited by Arcane_Snowman; 2016-05-02 at 07:38 PM.
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Okay, so it's not as knife-edge balanced as Brood War. It still has a much smoother interface.
    People seem to forget that Brood War took years to balance, and when it came out it was much worse than HotS in terms of win-rates (which I consider the closest comparison, largely since LotV changed so much in the early game it might as well be seen as a whole new game to SC2).

But, I would argue that the smoother interface is part of the reason SC2 is overall less interesting. The limitations of the system meant making the giant deathballs impractical, and relied on more fast paced skirmish tactics. That said, on the other side of things it made it much harder to start playing BW, it's fiddly nature and poor pathing made the learning curve huge.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    That's actually an interesting question: it certainly depends on what you value in a game too. Graphics is the one constant that has been constantly improving over the decades. However, if you are just as happy playing an ASCII game as you are playing Myst, chances are that's not going to weight an awful lot in your scales. Provided you're e.g. a gameplay or story enthusiast, it's fully possible that the classics have yet to be toppled in this era of burger games made to please the greatest common denominator. Certainly, the flaws in every game become apparent over decades to even the most diehard of fans, but I posit that they can still be the best in what they offer if they have to be supplanted (or their descendants flopped á la MoO3/SC2/Tiberian Sun/etc.).

E.g. the only meaningful challenger for the throne held by Baldur's Gate Trilogy is Pillars of Eternity; the genre has basically received no new games for a long time as developers departed from the model of character-driven story-based RPGs with a proper degree of polish (and some latter entries were sadly half-assed products).
    Same would apply to space simulators: TIE Fighter still holds its own though X-Wing Alliance and the non-Hollands takes in Freespace and I-War also stand tall. And actually, it's true with adventure games too - the genre has been all but dead until the Indie Revolution and so far I haven't found anything matching the writing of the Lucas Arts golden age (I'll freely admit I haven't played everything in existence though).
    And with TBS, while the recent Civilizations have been interesting, I still don't think Alpha Centauri has been toppled (though give Beyond the Earth some expansions and we'll see).
    RTS, likewise true with Brood War. If I want to play an RTS polished to perfection, that's probably still what I'll boot up.
    Fighting games are a bit of an interesting class: the best ones tend to be born as accidents since they're generally not designed for the competitive market but that's where they'll be pushed to the limit and age. It certainly wouldn't be hard to make more 3rd Strikes but 3rd Strike wasn't really a commercial success.

But overall, point being, it's not necessarily just nostalgia goggles, though they certainly always play a part. Props for naming Transport Tycoon by the way; we're still playing it on'n'off with friends in OpenTTD - one of those ageless games that's always just as awesome.
    Short answer to long text:
    Some of the oldest games I played I LOVED mainly because 1) they were, as it were, the ONLY games available and 2) I was very young and played everything I got my hands on.
    However a bigger, more common problem is the UI or gameplay, a lot of the time. The story is great (if the game is story focused), the clunky graphics I'm fine with... But if a game has an UI that you really have to fight with... that game loses it's appeal very quickly.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

There will always be games that were not as good as you remember, or have not aged well. For me, that would be Alice, I use to love that game, but it did not age well, both in gameplay and graphics. Which is why I loved Alice: Madness Returns so much.

Then there's games that I will always love, hence why Dragon Warrior is #1 on my list, it is the purest form of a Fantasy RPG, and I love it for Nostalgic reasons, as well as its simplistic gameplay with some of the most obsolete graphics that have massive amounts of charm. It is proof that graphics are not everything, but they don't hurt either.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, the aging issue differs a lot from title to title. For example, Planescape, Fallout and Morrowind can be argued to have aged more than, say, Baldur's Gate, Master of Magic, ADOM, Heroes 3, etc.

Eldariel put it quite clearly, I think.

21. - Top - End - #51

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    I've played every single one of the games on my list within the last 5 years (thank heavens for GOG!) and they all hold up, IMHO. You might have to redefine the default control scheme to something sane (looking at System Shock 2 here, the default controls are W forward, A/D to *turn* left and right rather than strafe, and X to backpedal...) but other than that they still work, and at least they allow you redefine the controls in the first place, which is something a lot of modern games don't let you do!

22. - Top - End - #52

The nostalgia filter discussion got me thinking. Though I put Morrowind on my list, it's true that I have never really been able to get into it again recently. On the other hand, I still joyfully replay Might & Magic VII, which is a similar genre but even older and with more primitive graphics.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Objectively" ranking games is hard to truly achieve; that is, strictly outlining each criteria you have, justifying the choice of using such criteria, and justifying why the game earned such and such scores in that criteria. It would also be like comparing apples and oranges for some games in even the same category. You can't tell me with a straight face that, for an RTS example, Rise of Nations, Stronghold: Crusader, and SC2 have enough gameplay similarities for point of comparison that you could objectively justify ranking them for the entire RTS category just based on those similarities.

The only criteria that seems objective enough are technical aspects such as possible lag, or bugginess (is that even a word?), graphics/sound "quality", software compatibility, complexity of mechanics, and system requirements. Actually, even those are arguable depending on who you ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindale View Post
    The nostalgia filter discussion got me thinking. Though I put Morrowind on my list, it's true that I have never really been able to get into it again recently. On the other hand, I still joyfully replay Might & Magic VII, which is a similar genre but even older and with more primitive graphics.
    That's because Bethesda has been consistently making new Morrowinds. There's hardly a new M&M 7 around, though.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Trawling back through the ages, will try to put in order.
    1st Place) Star Control 2
    Such humour, add it to alliance building, asteroid style combat and more funky alien races then you can wave a stick at and you have the game that made me a *Happy Camper*
    you can even download it for free from http://sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
    2nd) Dark Age of Camelot
    Hibernia forever! Luri's Rule!!!
    3rd) Baldurs Gate Series
    4th) Deux Ex
    5th) Elite series (apart from the nasty bugged one)
    6th) Lords of Midnight/Doomdarks Revenge
    7th) Mass Effect Series
    8th) Unreal Tournament
    9th) Max Payne
    10th) Silent Hill

26. - Top - End - #56

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    That's because Bethesda has been consistently making new Morrowinds. There's hardly a new M&M 7 around, though.
    I'd debate that. Morrowind lived by an interesting world, a portrait of unique cultures and an ancient conflict between religious sects and political parties. Oblivion and Skyrim traded that for far more generic fantasy cultures and world destruction plots. If Skyrim was like Morrowind, it would have been about the prophecy of the new Dragonborn forging a fourth Empire, and the conflict between the Blades', Greybeards' and Dragon Priests' interpretation of ancient texts and the dragons would mainly have existed to validate your claim on Divine Power.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2016-05-03 at 05:58 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I'd debate that. Morrowind lived by an interesting world, a portrait of unique cultures and an ancient conflict between religious sects and political parties. Oblivion and Skyrim traded that for far more generic fantasy cultures and world destruction plots. If Skyrim was like Morrowind, it would have been about the prophecy of the new Dragonborn forging a fourth Empire, and the conflict between the Blades', Greybeards' and Dragon Priests' interpretation of ancient texts and the dragons would mainly have existed to validate your claim on Divine Power.
    Also, I don't remember the part of Morrowind where someone went into a portal and fought Cthulhu, or the part where someone kept yelling "Fus Ro Dah." Also, also, only Morrowind can ruin pteradactyls for everyone forever.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    Also, I don't remember the part of Morrowind where someone went into a portal and fought Cthulhu, or the part where someone kept yelling "Fus Ro Dah." Also, also, only Morrowind can ruin pteradactyls for everyone forever.
    No. No. Just no. I refuse to click on that link. Just reading this made that stupid sound start playing in my brain >_>
    Yes those things have scarred me for life
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    <filter type="nostalgia">I like the cliff racers. At least you can see the things.</filter>
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Man, I would love to play that Skyrim. To be fair, there are parts of the actual Skyrim that indicate at least a part of their writing staff is still on board with taking the dive into imagination land. But, yeah, Morrowind was weird and personal in a way that just isn't going to happen at today's Bethesda.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"
    __
    Guybrush Threepwood avatar by Ceika