New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen II IC [PF]

Xan looked a little surprised when Kaarna approved of her actions, and a little worried at the implications of that as well. At Soren's words she felt her self starting to grin a little. "So, evil witch. What would you suggest next?"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

"If you had other ideas for leads, it would have been good to mention them--" Scholar starts, but is interrupted by an alarmed female voice. "What? You're not Dura!"

Four figures, a woman in a tunic and three men in leather armor, all four wearing familiar tabards showing green claws, stand just outside the courtyard of the burning building.

Spoiler
    Show
    Xan, Kaarna, and Soren can all act before the new arrivals. Map.

3. - Top - End - #273

Xan looked up in surprise at the new guests and quickly hid the book in her shirt. "You looking for Dura?" As she reached for her swords again she let her features shift and change to become a fair approximation of Dura's form. "Dura tried to tell me what to do."

4. - Top - End - #274

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "If you had other ideas for leads, it would have been good to mention them--" Scholar starts, but is interrupted by an alarmed female voice. "What? You're not Dura!"

Four figures, a woman in a tunic and three men in leather armor, all four wearing familiar tabards showing green claws, stand just outside the courtyard of the burning building.

Spoiler
    Show
    Xan, Kaarna, and Soren can all act before the new arrivals. Map.
    "Are you kidding me."

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Xan looked up in surprise at the new guests and quickly hid the book in her shirt. "You looking for Dura?" As she reached for her swords again she let her features shift and change to become a fair approximation of Dura's form. "Dura tried to tell me what to do."
    Soren looks over at Xan's shifting features, then turns back to the four emerald claw agents with a furious smile.

"Through far and near countrysides you tear with flame and fear,
    Hear and hound us on lies; here we stand--lend an ear!

Dura tried to tell Rough Draft what to do, so let her visage be the last thin you view!"

Soren splays out his palm on the last word and a shower of glitter falls on the four terrorists.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Soren casts Glitterdust and then gets back. I can't access the map now but I saw it earlier and it looks like I can get all 4 of them. If I have another round to act I'll heal Xan.

5. - Top - End - #275

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    "I know, but you love me anyway." He elbows me back. "But seriously, thanks."
    Noticing the new threat saves Kaarna from replying. She growls at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Xan looked a little surprised when Kaarna approved of her actions, and a little worried at the implications of that as well. At Soren's words she felt her self starting to grin a little. "So, evil witch. What would you suggest next?"
    "Let's kill these too, I'm in the mood for some death. Stay back kids, or get yourselves into better shape!" She takes flight, flying over the new party of enemies and shoots fire at them from her palms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move to hover 15 ft. up, one square to the right of the woman in the front.
    Standard action: Cast Burning Hands down at them, I think she can hit the speaker and two others (let's say those most on the right).
    Damage: (5d4)[12] Ref DC 14 to halve
    Last edited by CWater; 2017-01-14 at 09:54 AM.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Adrianna yells to the group.
    "I have healing potions on me as well as a healing touch. Those most wounded come to me. Kaarna, go crazy. The longer you can distract them, the better we can back you up!"
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

7. - Top - End - #277

The flames do less damage than you might have expected, and the speaker manages to dodge them entirely. The leader and one of the others blink and rub their eyes at the glitterdust. Scholar produces another burst of divine energy before moving back.

The woman who spoke lunges forward, up the short staircase and around the pillar, homing in on Soren's voice and moving to punch him in the throat. The man next to her moves forward up the stairs as well, carefully; the one to her right, still apparently able to see, runs up the stairs with much less care and swings a heavy mace at Adrianna.

Spoiler
    Show

Will save: [roll]1d20+7[/roll
    Will save: (1d20+1)[11]
    Everyone is healed for: (2d6)[3]
    Fist attack on Soren: (1d20+9)[22] Critical threat check: (1d20+9)[24] Lethal damage: (1d8+2)[3] Critical damage: (1d8+2)[8] Acid damage: (1d6)[3] If it hits, make two Fortitude saves. It misses entirely if this is a 1: (1d2)[1]
    Mace attack on Adrianna: (1d20+6)[16] Critical threat check: (1d20+6)[14] Damage: (1d8+1)[6] Critical damage: (1d8+1)[5]

Map is updated, and Adrianna is up.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Adrianna blocks the mace attack with her shield and responds back with a several Slashes.

Spoiler: Full Attack
    Show
    Attack 1:(1d20+9)[13]

Attack 2:(1d20+4)[13]

9. - Top - End - #279

Adrianna's slashes both hit. The last man runs up the stairs, his mace upraised.

Spoiler
    Show
    You need to roll damage, and Xan, Soren, and Kaarna are up. Map.

10. - Top - End - #280

Xan took one look at the advancing men, and ran away as fast as she could.

Spoiler: Run Action
    Show
    Lets me move x4 speed (120 feet), straight to the right. If I can't do that then a withdraw action. She is no condition to fight and she has the book.
    Last edited by Athedia; 2017-01-18 at 03:28 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, they hit?! Okay then.

Damage 1: (1d8+4)[7]
    Damage 2: (1d8+4)[9]

12. - Top - End - #282

Soren steps back, closes his eyes, and passes his hands over himself. When he opens again he's faded from view.

Show
    5-foot step below Scholar, then casts invisibility on himself.

13. - Top - End - #283

Griffon

"Okay then." Kaarna picks up the necklace, then motions towards the woman. The spectral hand shoots in her direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Spectral Hand to deliver Frostbite.

Touch attack: (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[8] non-lethal and target is Fatigued.

14. - Top - End - #284

Kaarna tries to cast a spell on the woman, but it misses. Soren disappears. Scholar turns and runs around one side of the building; Xan runs off onaround the other side of the building, with the woman close behind her.

Spoiler: Xan
    Show
    The woman quickly catches up with you. "Looks like you have something that isn't yours," she says. "Give it to me, and I'll let you die quickly."

Spoiler: Adrianna, Kaarna, Soren
    Show

Two of the three men surrounding Adrianna swing their maces at her. One yells, "For Karrnath!"

Will save: (1d20+1)[20]
    Mace attack on Adrianna: (1d20+6)[18] Critical threat check: (1d20+6)[14] Damage: (1d8+1)[7] Critical damage: (1d8+1)[5]
    Mace attack on Adrianna: (1d20+6)[17] Critical threat check: (1d20+6)[22] Damage: (1d8+1)[8] Critical damage: (1d8+1)[3] It misses entirely if this roll is a 1: (1d2)[2]

Map is updated and Adrianna is up.
    Last edited by Kish; 2017-01-22 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Correcting misleading phrasing.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Adrianna deflects one mace attack with her sword and blocks the other with her shield. She then continues her attack against the foe she injured previously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Full Attack.

Attack 1: (1d20+9)[24]

Attack 2: (1d20+4)[21]

16. - Top - End - #286

Spoiler: Adrianna, Kaarna, Soren
    Show
    The wounded man falls. One of the other men steps forward and tries to strike Adrianna with his mace.

Spoiler
    Show

Mace attack on Adrianna: (1d20+6)[10] Critical threat check: (1d20+6)[16] Damage: (1d8+1)[6] Critical damage: (1d8+1)[7]

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Map is updated; Kaarna, Soren, and Xan are up.

17. - Top - End - #287

Griffon

Kaarna curses. "I've had enough of these folks. Kid! Don't move!" Kaarna flies up in and throws down a fireball, aiming to hit two of the goons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to go up 30 ft.
    Standard action to throw a 20 ft. radius Fireball to hit the enemies on Adrianna's left and south, but not herself, Adrianna or Soren. I think this should be possible, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Damage: (6d6)[21], Ref DC 14 to halve.

18. - Top - End - #288

Kaarna tries to cast a spell on the woman, but it misses. Soren disappears. Scholar turns and runs around one side of the building; Xan runs off onaround the other side of the building, with the woman close behind her.

Spoiler: Xan
    Show
    The woman quickly catches up with you. "Looks like you have something that isn't yours," she says. "Give it to me, and I'll let you die quickly."
    Spoiler: Kish
    Show
    Xan looked startled that the woman had caught up to her so fast. "I don't think it is yours either." She looked at the distance the group was from her. Scholar was out of sight and Soren had managed to disappear to somewhere. She lowered her volume slightly. "Let me escape and I will give you info on where we go next. They keep me on house arrest anyway, I have no loyalty to them." As she spoke she started backing up. "My previous masters know how valuable I can be. So make it believable." She took a quick step back and looped around the woman, staying a few feet away from her. As quickly as she could she started sprinting back toward the group.

Spoiler: I guess I should do Bluff
    Show
    Since she really doesn't actually want to betray the party.

Bluff: [roll]1d20+14

Spoiler: Movement
    Show
    Withdraw action and try to go around her to get nearer to the party again (can't estimate distances.) And I just figured out how she probably caught up...she isn't a cleric is she.... She is a monk. I did that whole super speedy character design...and I forgot about monks which were the base of it.

19. - Top - End - #289

Spoiler: Actual bluff roll
    Show
    Because I shouldn't check my email while posting....

Bluff: (1d20+14)[26]

20. - Top - End - #290

Spoiler: Spending an Action Point
    Show
    I should get some healing potions next time we are in town.

(1d6)[3]

21. - Top - End - #291

Soren can't hear what's going on,
    but he can see Xan cornered, then backing away. He races towards her as fast as he can.

Spoiler: Soren's actions
    Show
    If he can make it to Xan in a move action he does so, then casts invisibility on her. If not, he runs to get as close to her as possible.
    Soren might try a bluff; is it possible to see how Xan's bluff is received before trying it?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2017-01-23 at 11:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292

Xan loops around the woman and runs back toward the estate, only for the woman to crash into her back. "You're all going to Dolurrh, and I need no one to tell me that. Give me that book!" One of the surviving men moves up and swings his mace at Adrianna.

Spoiler
    Show

Kick attack on Xan: (1d20+11)[25] Critical threat check: (1d20+11)[24] Lethal damage: (1d8+2)[3] Critical damage: (1d8+2)[3] Acid damage: (1d6)[5] If it hits, make two Fortitude saves.
    Mace attack on Adrianna: (1d20+6)[19] Critical threat check: (1d20+6)[21] Damage: (1d8+1)[2] Critical damage: (1d8+1)[2]

Map is updated. Appearances to the contrary (bleh roll20 limitations), Xan is 85 feet to Adrianna's east, with Soren and the woman adjacent to Xan. Adrianna is up.

Sorry. She believes you totally--she just doesn't care. From her perspective, the book matters, your group doesn't.

23. - Top - End - #293

Xan loops around the woman and runs back toward the estate, only for the woman to crash into her back. "You're all going to Dolurrh, and I need no one to tell me that. Give me that book!" One of the surviving men moves up and swings his mace at Adrianna.

Spoiler
    Show

Kick attack on Xan: (1d20+3)[21] Critical threat check: (1d20+3)[11] Lethal damage: [roll2] Critical damage: [roll3] Acid damage: [roll4] If it hits, make two Fortitude saves.
    Mace attack on Adrianna: [roll5] Critical threat check: [roll6] Damage: [roll7] Critical damage: [roll8]

Map is updated. Appearances to the contrary (bleh roll20 limitations), Xan is 85 feet to Adrianna's east, with Soren and the woman adjacent to Xan. Adrianna is up.

Sorry. She believes you totally--she just doesn't care. From her perspective, the book matters, your group doesn't.
    Xan's eyes widened as the world seemed to slow. Pain radiated out from her back and she couldn't help but let out a gasp of air as she fell.

Spoiler: Kish
    Show
    Yeah, she had 3 health and 18 AC. That hit. She is at -5 now with the acid damage.

Fort Save: (1d20+3)[21]
    Fort Save: (1d20+3)[11]

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Adrianna deflects another blow with the other man's mace before speaking to him.
    "Look, neither you or your friend working together was able to touch me, and now it's just you. So I'm going to go after your leader over there."
    She points in the direction of the woman, Xan, and Soren.
    "In that time, I would suggest tending to your friend. His wounds look bad. If you stabilize him and get out of here by the time I get back, I'll let you go. But if you are still here or follow me, I'm cutting you down as well!"
    She then turns and raises her shield for a possible retaliatory strike and moves as fast as she can towards where Xan is.

Spoiler: Adrianna's actions
    Show
    Adrianna is attempting to intimidate and/or diplomacy checks against the other guy still up. She is then going to use whatever action moves her the fastest, probably run, but if there is something faster, she'll use that. She is going after Xan and the woman. Yes, she'll take an AoO, but she keeps all her AC I believe if that happens.

Intimidate: (1d20+2)[7]
    Diplomacy: (1d20+10)[20]
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2017-01-24 at 03:51 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

As Adrianna runs toward Xan, all but ignoring the men still standing around her, the two of them aim a total of three mace blows at her back. One of them runs after her as well, easily catching up with her.

Spoiler
    Show

Mace attack on Adrianna: (1d20+8)[19] Critical threat check: (1d20+8)[18] Damage: (1d8+1)[4] Critical damage: (1d8+1)[7]
    Mace attack on Adrianna: (1d20+8)[18] Critical threat check: (1d20+8)[17] Damage: (1d8+1)[9] Critical damage: (1d8+1)[8]
    Mace attack on Adrianna: (1d20+6)[10] Critical threat check: (1d20+6)[14] Damage: (1d8+1)[4] Critical damage: (1d8+1)[9]

Adrianna doesn't have her Dexterity bonus for those attacks, since she's running. Map is updated; Kaarna, Soren, and Xan are up. Once again, for reasons of roll20 limitations, note that there are an extra six phantom squares between the two still-active Emerald Claw goons on the map.

Is Adrianna wearing any visible symbols of Breland, Dol Arrah, or the Sovereign Host?
    Last edited by Kish; 2017-01-24 at 07:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

Griffon

Kaarna eyes the battle from above and frowns. It wasn't going well and now many-faces had gotten herself knocked out too. And armor girl was too slow in that gear and the kid had disappeared somewhere. If he had any brains he would have run, but she knew he wouldn't. No, he'd risk life and limb for these folks, just like always. Cursing again, she retrieved a scroll and started flying towards Xan and the woman, staying well up in the air. "Hey you! Self-important Claw lackey! You better run, when you still got all your limbs!"

She opened the scroll and chanted the words, then extended her palm and the spectral hand shot forward. But instead of aiming for the enemy, it smacked Xan on the back of the head.

Show
    Move action: 60 ft. towards Xan and the woman.
    Standard action: Casting Cure Moderate Wounds from scroll, touch spell delivered by Spectral Hand.
    Healing: (2d8+3)[15]

Kaarna is NOT happy.
    Last edited by CWater; 2017-01-25 at 07:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    Kaarna eyes the battle from above and frowns. It wasn't going well and now many-faces had gotten herself knocked out too. And armor girl was too slow in that gear and the kid had disappeared somewhere. If he had any brains he would have run, but she knew he wouldn't. Cursing again, she retrieved a scroll and started flying towards Xan and the woman, staying well up in the air. "Hey you! Self-important Claw lackey! You better run, when you still got all your limbs!"

She opened the scroll and chanted the words, then extended her palm and the spectral hand shot forward. But instead of aiming for the enemy, it smacked Xan on the back of the head.

Show
    Move action: 60 ft. towards Xan and the woman.
    Standard action: Casting Cure Moderate Wounds from scroll, touch spell delivered by Spectral Hand.
    Healing:

Kaarna is NOT happy.
    Soren watches Xan fall just as he reaches her, watches the spectral hand smack her upside the head and her skin stop sizzling. "Hah! Yes! Kaarna, I could kiss you right now! Xan, I've got you!" As she starts to get up he taps her on the nose and she immediately fades from sight. Soren then spins around to circle the Claw leader, draws his sword, and says as he runs, "Hey, traitor, you're also an idiot. She doesn't have the book! And if you kill us you'll never learn what the Dragon's Eye gave us!"

Spoiler: Soren's actions
    Show
    Soren casts Invisibility on Xan (now she can get up from prone safely too!) taunts and tries to bluff the leader, and circles around to flank her while drawing his sword.

Bluff: (d20+13)[30]

Nice!
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2017-01-25 at 07:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

Xan opened her eyes to a fast fading throbbing on the back of her head. As she pushed off the ground, something hit her nose and her hands faded from view. Invisible, that must have been Soren She could see Adrianna running toward her and a decidedly annoyed Kaarna glaring in her direction, but no Soren or Scholar. As she processed this she remembered the woman behind her. As quickly as she could she crawled away from the woman before standing up.

Show
    Moving 5 feet away and then standing from prone

29. - Top - End - #299

"Bugs," the woman mutters, swinging her fists rapidly at the sound of Soren's taunting voice and footsteps. "You'll regret not staying down." One of the macemen runs up behind Adrianna.

Spoiler
    Show

Fist attack on Soren: (1d20+9)[17] Critical threat check: (1d20+9)[26] Lethal damage: (1d8+2)[8] Critical damage: (1d8+2)[10] Acid damage: (1d6)[5] It misses entirely if this is a 1: (1d2)[2]
    Fist attack on Soren: (1d20+9)[18] Critical threat check: (1d20+9)[23] Lethal damage: (1d8+2)[4] Critical damage: (1d8+2)[7] Acid damage: (1d6)[5] It misses entirely if this is a 1: (1d2)[1]

Map is updated and Adrianna is up.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Adrianna waits to see what Kaarna does before taking any action.